User Reviews for Megace

Reviews for Megace

Bonnie-Lynn March 4, 2009

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “I have been on Megace for the past three months. I have just finished it and have had no side effects at all except a little rash under my left breast line but that could also be the dry electrical heating as well but otherwise I haven't any breakthrough bleeding or weight gain or anything else. I go back to my doctor on March 20th, 2009 in two weeks and we will see what she says. I guess I went to her because of severe lower back aches and frequent bleeding as well as a lot of abdominal pain. I had no problems at all on Megace.”

TaraGator December 8, 2009

For Endometrial Cancer: “I have been taking Megace, in conjunction with Xeloda for the past year to help treat my Stage 3 Ovarian Cancer. Since my tumor is estrogen feeding, this medication takes the estrogen out of my system. Tumors have CONSIDERABLY shrunk since I've been on this medication.”

Soulcr8 January 26, 2012

For Cachexia: “I've been down 3 surgeries in 11 months. Lost 60lbs and could not eat. I have been on Megace for 10 day's and I have gained 17 lbs. UNREAL! I have eaten $200 in groceries and have no plans to stop. MEGACE has beyond a doubt saved my life. Side effects are little to none. Dry mouth/more frequent urination/"Incredible appetite"! I am in it for the weight gain. Today I feel so good and strong, I caught myself running home from the store. ”

A Rose by any other name · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 10, 2015

For Endometrial Hyperplasia: “This was by far the most horrible medication I've been on in my life. It did end the endometrial precancerous condition, but at great cost to my body and mind. The doctors also don't tell you it is a steriod. My side effects included: Joint pain everywhere - steriods eat away the joints over time High blood pressure - I didn't have it before this medication, and I do now Edema everywhere - including hands and face Hypoglycemia - had to drink orange juice and eat small meals to keep it under control. Nightmares and bad dreams - I never seemed to be able to get a deep sleep Fatigue Unable to truly experience joy or emotion except anger Emotionally brittle - had to lie down whenever I got upset (and more than this will allow me to type)”

LindaJBU · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 30, 2012

For Endometrial Hyperplasia: “Took 20mgs. of Megase for 4 months then 10mgs. for another 3 months and had NO side effects whatsoever. (I actually managed to lose some weight while taking this medicine.) It took some time for my complex hyperplasia without atypia to clear up, but my latest biopsy was clear from all hyperplasias and now on a regime of 10mgs. of Provera and will go back for a follow up in another 2 months. (I was actually kind of worried to change to Provera as I did so well and had no negative side effects while taking the Megace.)”

Ayse · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 5, 2016

For Endometrial Cancer: “I was diagnosed with endometrial cancer (very early stage) at age 40. As an alternative to hysterectomy, I tried hormone therapy: 160 mg Megace every day. endometrial thickness dropped from approximately 2 cm to a few mm in 6 months. No change in appetite. Skin oil production in the face dropped, which was great as I normally have oily skin. I had small uterine fibroids before Megace, which started to grow big and fast, which was the worst side effect.”

mackka December 3, 2014

For Endometrial Hyperplasia: “I took this after I had surgery on my ovaries. It gave me bad insomnia, hot flashes and really bad weight gain. Once I was off of it I was ok. I am once again on Megace for Hyperplasia and I am experiencing hot flashes and weight gain once again, but now within the month that I have been taking it my blood sugar is going up and I am fatigued all the time.”

T-oski July 30, 2009

For Endometrial Hyperplasia: “At the six week point I began bleeding and have been bleeding heavily for two weeks. Also swelling of feet and ankles as well as a weird 'whooshing' sound in my ear. I think the Megestrol turned on me.”

Anonymous November 14, 2008

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “For abnormal bleeding with no known cause this medicine has been a God send for me. Instead of having my period 365 days a year, I don't get any now.”

Eldest daughter June 9, 2012

For Weight Loss: “Oncologist ordered it for mom's stage 4 lung cancer symptoms. It did an amazing job increasing her appetite which helped her keep weight on.”

Anonymous October 17, 2008

For Hot Flashes: “This medicine worked really well for me for about 6 weeks then gradually stopped working.”