User Reviews for Megace ES

bghutch · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 11, 2016

For Weight Loss: “I took this drug for 6 months due to weight loss-no appetite-down to 75 pounds. My old insurance covered--then when new insurance was started in jan 2014, no coverage available. This was WONDERFUL!!! For the first time in my life, I was hungry, enjoyed food and was always looking forward to my next meal. I would purchase if I could afford because this was the BEST thing that could happen to me--someone who has NO appetite!! No side effects for me.”

Pee · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 24, 2018

For Anorexia: “I have picked up some weight, not as fast and I hoped and I don't really see the results in my body weight, but the scales read different. I have increased my appetite but is very full feeling and bloated”

Anonymous April 11, 2012

For Weight Loss: “Had an elderly aunt that lost her appetite and was down to 82 pounds. Doctor told her if she loses anymore weight, she will need to be hospitalized. After 3 months, she is now up to 100lbs.”

mark58 November 16, 2009

For Weight Loss: “I've used Megace to help with lack of feeling hungry which results in poor protein intake. Megace keeps my hunger level at a point where I want to eat and can keep my weight and nutrition up.”

Anonymous December 28, 2008

For Weight Loss: “My mum has leukemia. This medicine helped her when she wasn't eating.”

mycal August 17, 2010

For Anorexia: “Medication works great for SHORT TERM usage. Long term usage can suppress your adrenal glands and suppress your Hypothalmic-pituitary-adrenal axis.”

Niecie · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 21, 2015

For Anorexia: “Very thin woman age 58 my first experience with this medicine was excellent. Now the generic Megestrol Does nothing for me. Went through 9 bottles with no weight gain. ”

Betty Appleton November 17, 2016

For Weight Loss: “My insurance will not cover this medication for what I'm being treated for. I was prescribed this medicine for extreme weight loss.”

DG · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 13, 2021

“Megace makes me get hungry and look for something to eat! I gained 10 pounds since I have been on it. Works great!”