User Reviews for Marinol

Learn more about Marinol.

AIDS Related Wasting 1 reviews 7 medications

Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced 10 reviews 51 medications

9.2
Anorexia 8 reviews 9 medications

8.5
Summary of Marinol reviews 19 reviews 9.2

Reviews for Marinol

For Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced "After debilitating nausea and vomitting from radiation and chemotherapy and after trying all the normal drugs like zofran and some others I tried marinol. It was by the far the most effective for treating nausea and vomitting of any pharmaceutical. It gives a nice pleasant buzz as well. The problem for me was the over-stimulation of my appetite. I've never felt hunger like this in my entire life. Anyway, people who need this drug could probably use the extra appetite anyway."

Barjohn_89 September 26, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced "My boyfriend has cancer and was receiving two kinds of chemotherapy. Along with blood clots and a drain in his leg he was in alot of pain. When receiving chemo we would stay in the hospital for three days and even with the neulasta shot and all the IV anti nausea meds he still was sick. Finally he was prescribed marinol and it changed everything. The day we came home from the hospital after taking it he was well enough to go Frisbee golfing even with a drain in his leg! He never vomited again, and he actually got kinda chubby! The drug changed his attitude and I belive it gave him the strength he needed to fight his sarcoma. He's now in remission!"

Madden28 June 20, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced "Recently diagnosed advanced lung adenocarcinoma. After surgery began chemotherapy. This med helps allay anxiety, nausea, stimulates appetite and helps me sleep. My mood is improved."

Jackinblack1216 (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2016

For Anorexia "I have osteomyolitis /MRSA . This was Excellent... Great for nausea and definitely gives an appetite without upsetting stomach."

Anonymous July 30, 2015

For Anorexia " I have common variable immunodeficiency which causes anorexia. I found Marinol 5mg taken a couple hours before meals makes a huge difference. If I do not want to eat, ulcers etc, I found it easier with Marinol and have actually gained around 10lbs in the initial month or two..... I would recommend it for any patient with weight loss issues!"

Mic B July 24, 2015

For Anorexia "Amazing! My stress after my tonsilectomy led me to relapse into anorexia. This medication saved my life allowing me to enjoy flavors of food & gain 10 needed pounds. Amazing life changer and my depression is less chronic."

mysunshinesummer122 April 7, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced "My husband has chemo induced weight loss, he weighed 117lbs two months ago, and now he weighs 131lbs and it helps with nausea somewhat. He takes two 10 mg capsules daily."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 3, 2015

For Anorexia "I am disabled veteran with spinal injury. The opioid med was all I knew for my back. I have since been amazed at the pain reliving ability of this medicine. It helps me eat and allows for a more positive day."

Injuriedvet08 (taken for less than 1 month) December 4, 2014

For Anorexia "I have severe Gastroparesis at as very young age as a male. I have exhausted every single option other than surgery and nothing seemed to be working. My doctor recommended Marinol. At the time I did not know what the drug consisted of. He told me and I accepted it over the experimental surgeries they wanted to perform as the only other option. I began taking the medication for increasing my appetite, nausea, vomiting, and the pains associated with Gastroparesis. It has worked wonders for me and it doesn't have the same severe side effects like Phenergan, Reglan, Domperidone, etc,etc"

TylerD'Este (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 13, 2014

"I've had chronic pancreatitis for about 7 years. I've struggled with nausea and vomiting for so long. Reglan, Scopolamine, Phenargan, Zofran I've been on all of them. Yes they worked at first but Marinol is best for me. For the first time in years I'm not sick! I don't have appetite like some do, it does make me giddy for an hour or 2 but I'm finally not sick at my stomach!"

lucas1828 (taken for less than 1 month) May 9, 2014

For Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced "Ask you doctor to prescribe Marinol(dronainol) to cure you of your MAJOR Nausea problem. If you are taking large doses of medicines for CANCER OR HIV/AIDS then you probably get nauseous A LOT! We all know that its hard to get anything done when you are nauseated all day. This medicine is a game changer and a life saver. I would go as far as to say that this is a miracle. I'm still in shock how well it is helping my nausea since nothing I ever took before helped as much as this medicine!"

krbsshguy August 16, 2013

For Anorexia "I lost my appetite when I was diagnosed with autoimmune hepatitis. I take 5mg twice a day. My stomach has to be completely empty in order to feel the effects of the pill. Even with a bowl of ice cream or a milkshake in my system I will not get anything from the pill. You have to time it right because the effects kick in an hour (or later) after taking it. It's hit or miss but when it hits it allows to me eat for 3 hours straight."

Gensanwil (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 3, 2012

For Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced "I have the 2.5 version. It works well about 90% of the time, while Zofran, works about 50% of the time for me. However, I don't like taking even one because of the hangover the next day. Further, it enhances the chronic pain, making the pain worse, sometimes. Never know when that will happen. "

skypuppy (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 17, 2012

For Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced "I have never personally taken this medication. However, my mother recently was prescribed to Marinol after other medications provided no relief from chemo induced nausea. Her first dose took about 3 hours to kick in (which is a long time when you're nauseated) but after that she's been a brand new person. I'm guessing it takes those first few hours to get fully in your system. She takes it twice a day and has had little to no nausea."

Anonymous March 19, 2012

For Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced "This drug is not listed for the cancer symptom of not eating and should be. It saved my family members life."

Anonymous December 25, 2011

For Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced "My Doctor prescribed Marinol after I had adverse reactions to most antiemetics given to me during chemotherapy. Converting from IV to oral cytotoxins, nausea made my quality of life poor. Marinol made such a positive change for me. Taking between 2.5 and 5 mgs, there is only about 20 minutes of silliness, which my family welcomes, then relief from vomiting for 6 to 8 hours. It has been a life saver for me and for my family."

Anonymous March 16, 2010

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anorexia "My grandmother was given this in the hospital for anorexia and nausea. She began having tremors after the first dose. It was discontinued, and we are on the second full day post discontinuation, and she is still shaking, severe hallucinations, and mental status changes. "

Anonymous September 13, 2009

For Anorexia "I suffer from appetite suppression as a result of medication which I take for narcolepsy(Amphetamine-based). Although the medicine works wonderfully, the only negative side effect that kills me is appetite suppression. Hence, my introduction to Marinol! I would like to clarify a common myth that Marinol is a form of prescription "medical marijuana". My doctor explained it is a synthetic cannabinoid, a distant chemical cousin of marijuana that lacks recreational effects at therapeutic doses. It works by activating the endocannabinoid system of the brain, which regulates appetite. When I first tried it, it started working by the end of the next day! "

9INCHRODD August 22, 2009

For Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced "I used Marinol for nausea during cancer therapy. I have to take some narcotics for excessive pain and Marinol still keeps the nausea down that the narcotics create. Makes my life quite a bit easier."

Anonymous May 28, 2009

For AIDS Related Wasting "Marinol is a life saver. Nausea is one of the worst feelings a person can experience. Marinol eases the nausea quickly and even helps create an appetite."

lorenhays September 4, 2008