User Reviews for Medroxyprogesterone systemic

Also known as: Amen, Curretab, Cycrin, Depo-Provera, Depo-Provera Contraceptive, depo-subQ provera 104, Provera

Endometrial Hyperplasia, Prophylaxis

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
3.3

Summary of Medroxyprogesterone reviews 4.8 1,524 reviews

Reviews for Medroxyprogesterone

Depo-Provera (medroxyprogesterone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "100% would no recommend. I have had my period for the last month straight. I got put on it because my contraceptive pill caused me to get my period every two weeks. However, goodness the depo made it ten times worse. It has genuinely ruined my life. I constantly fight with everyone and literally feel no emotion. I've been told I have no personality anymore. I nearly broke up with my boyfriend over it. Genuinely feel a constant cloud over my head and cannot stop crying. I have gained a good bit of weight and extremely depressed and demotivated in my everyday life. The doctor has advised me to go back on my pill, as well as the depo, which should have stopped the bleeding. However, it is actually worse now. I have had to take 2 weeks off work, attend a counsellor and go to a gynaecologist over it. Please please please, if you are considering it, please do your research!"

Kia (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 9, 2018

Depo-Provera (medroxyprogesterone) for Birth Control: "Absolutely hate it..I took the birth control shot have gained so much weight and can't loose my baby weight...I feel pregnant and super moody, literally have all the side effects weight gain , headaches, tierdness, etc. Super moody so now me and my husband are having more issues because of my hormones. Anyways I'm changing birth control method next month I'm considering IUD hormone free. I want to feel myself and birth control shot is by far the worst I have tried."

Lucy (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 29, 2018

Depo-Provera (medroxyprogesterone) for Birth Control: "The shot does what it supposed to do which is preventing pregnancy but the side effects are horrible. When I got my first shot 8 weeks after I had my first born my dr said it’s a good one and I probably won’t bleed at all but I ended up bleeding for the whole 3 months that I was on it so I decided to get off it. I experienced really bad cramps, my joints were hurting, my hair started falling out, I kept finding pimples on random spots all over my body especially the back of my neck, my depression and anxiety got really bad to the point where I became suicidal very moody starting fights with my partner and didn’t want to leave the house at all. And it sure does make you Hungry sometimes HANGRY. When I was on it I worked out 4-5 times a week hoping that the baby fat will slowly go but didn’t do anything you either put on weight or stay the same weight which was frustrating. It does work but I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone :("

Lenz (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 29, 2018

Depo-Provera (medroxyprogesterone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "So I got my shot on Halloween day I had a very light normal start to my period that day and after the shot the next day my period completely went away , before I started the depo shot I gained a massive amount of weight , but since being on the shot for a month now I actually loosing weight and I got a normal period the 14th of November till today the 26 almost 14 days with a period , heavy in bleeding and bad cramping , I really do not recommend this because this is not suppose to happen and is dangerous for your body , I will be finding out why this is happing to me but I’m depressed tired and sad and losing weight with a non stop period ."

Chels (taken for less than 1 month) November 26, 2018

Depo-Provera (medroxyprogesterone) for Birth Control: "I’ve been on the depo shot for 4 years now, never had a single problem with it! I bled for about two months straight and toughed it out, and then they went away completely! The only single time I ever spot a little bit, is if I’m really late on my shot. My sex drive is perfect, and I’ve tried to gain weight for years and still have only gained 10 lbs in 4 years of being on it! I was told by my cardiologist that I shouldn’t have another child or we will both likely die, and this is the most effective birth control I’ve ever had! Never had a scare, or a worry! I love it!!"

Itsjustme (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 9, 2018

Depo-Provera (medroxyprogesterone) for Endometriosis: "This shot has made me pretty much pain free and I couldn't be happier. It's also pretty great to not get a period anymore (except for some infrequent spotting). I suffered horribly for 13 years with lower abdominal pain. My doctor and I decided to try this to see if my pain was endometrial. I didn't want to go through another laparoscopy (where they found adhesions, but wouldn't say it was because of endometriosis). I'm about 90% pain free after a year of taking this medication. I say 90% because once in a while (typically if I'm going to spot), I have pain, but it's tolerable now, not like it was before. I'm really thankful for this medication. It's given me a great deal of my life back."

Breeze (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 7, 2018

Depo-Provera (medroxyprogesterone) for Birth Control: "I recommend no one ever tries this. I had my first injection and felt fine for 3 month ( at least I thought I did). After my second injection felt completely different. Since having my second injection I don’t feel like the same person I have had 4 panic attacks and am suffering with BAD anxiety. I am constantly worrying about my health and diagnosing myself with all sorts all side affects of the injection. I feel like a severe hypochondriac at the moment. Not only has it messed with my mental health making me constantly worried anxious and stressed it has caused me to get cystic acne 2 weeks into my second injection I saw 3 spots appear on my face ( I’ve never ever had spots in my life) how wrong was that causing them to get bigger and painful, The more the injection wears off the smaller they seem to get. I have not yet been to my GP about my problem yet as I want to let it wear out of my body and pray I get back to my normal self and my skin gets better- DO NOT GET IT"

Lou Lou November 6, 2018

Depo-Provera (medroxyprogesterone) for Birth Control: "I abhor the depo shot! I've been on it for a little over 2 years and it has been awful for my sex drive. I've been on a bunch of different birth controls in the past and I've NEVER experienced such a complete and total lack of sex drive. I'd much rather sleep than "do it". For 24 years old, that's just sad. It's ruined my relationship. I've gained more than 50 pounds despite a very active lifestyle. My acne is worse than ever before. I'm losing hair by the handful in the shower. It used to be that the depo was my only prescription, but now I have a prescription for almost every side effect. I'm so disheartened with this and would never recommend it for anyone."

Ellie (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 5, 2018

For Birth Control: "I am currently on Medroxyprogesterone 10 MG 3 tablets once daily (30 MG once daily) for birth control. I cannot find anyone else online who has used this as a birth control in oral form. I told my OB after I had my last baby that I don't want to have a period anymore because I bled so badly after I had her. She prescribed this medication to shut down my period & as a contraceptive. The side effects are so severe that I have taken a pregnancy test every month since I started this medication. I have every symptom of pregnancy. I was told this medication is 99% effective as a birth control. All of my pregnancy tests have been negative. I think the surge in progesterone is so extremely high that it is making my body think it is pregnant, & I'm not. I do like not having my period, but on the other hand, I constantly wonder if I'm pregnant. She assured me that I won't get pregnant if I take it correctly. If you get on this med as a contraceptive, beware of the "like-pregnancy" symptoms."

ENBa (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 31, 2018

Provera (medroxyprogesterone) for Amenorrhea: "Stopped taking it 2 weeks ago. I've had cramps, back ache, a huge zit on my face. I am 50 in December. Haven't had a period in a year. Gyn gave me Provera due to a thicker than normal lining. Don't know what's next? Just want some relief. I'm so bloated it's not even funny. Look pregnant. This medicine didn't work for me."

NancyS21 (taken for less than 1 month) October 27, 2018

Depo-Provera (medroxyprogesterone) for Birth Control: "I had the depo shot three times. The first one actually did help my awful cramps and I had a normal period, but the second and third shot ruined my skin. I had perfectly clear skin before starting the shot and 2 months in I had very painful cystic acne. I wish I would’ve never gotten the shot because months later I’m still dealing with the scars when I had perfectly clear skin before."

Bug (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 26, 2018

Depo-Provera (medroxyprogesterone) for Birth Control: "Don’t use this birth control. I went on birth control for the first time (at 18) and my doctor told me about Depo and I immediately said yes because it seemed amazing. One shot every 3 months? No forgetting a pill? The first 3 months I had a high sex drive and I starting losing weight, I was at 107 (I’m 5’3)! By the next shot I was at 130-140 and my sex drive had decreased immensely and I was also very irritable. I also didn’t mention that the first shot I was bleeding irregularly and by the second shot I stopped bleeding all together. I don’t think this medication should even be legal."

Izzy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 23, 2018

Depo-Provera (medroxyprogesterone) for Birth Control: "I am due for my second shot this week and will NOT be getting it. I chose this BC due to its convenience and ability to stop my period. I’m 21 and have found depo to be extremely affective in the aspect that I am not pregnant. I WAS an extremely outgoing and happy 21 year old with absolutely no anxiety or depression before starting this BC. The depo shot has absolutely wrecked me as a person. I have experienced extreme anxiety attacks weekly and my mood has never been worse. I have become extremely unmotivated and sad at all times. This BC has caused so many mental and emotional breakdowns and is honestly ruining my life. I have no inclination to do anything anymore (I was a total social butterfly before) and these emotional episodes have even caused suicidal thoughts that I have never even been close to experiencing. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS METHOD OF BIRTH CONTROL. I will be switching to a nonhormal IUD option and pray to god I start feeling like myself again soon."

Anonymous October 22, 2018

Provera (medroxyprogesterone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "At first I went in to get treatment for Uterine bleeding which I’ve had for over 3 weeks, I was prescribed Provera 10mg once a day for 10 days (which stopped the bleeding instantly). Soon after during my 5th day of taking the pill I started to cramp with slight bleeding. By the 3rd day into my “menstrual cycle” I started to bleed heavily, now I’m on my 7th day and there’s no sign of slowing down. Doctor told me typically will last 2 weeks and if I’m still bleeding heavy, I’ll need to see her. Doctor also said if I’m not changing no more than 2 pads per hour, it’s normal. I’m kinda irritated & scared."

Mums (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2018

Depo-Provera (medroxyprogesterone) for Birth Control: "Oh my goodness, I got such bad eczema as a result of the depo shot. It's been 3 months since my last shot and I'm never using it again. I started using it last year October. The side effects were awful: trouble sleeping, hair loss to the point where I had to shave my hair, eczema got so bad I was always scratching and doctors cream made it worse my skin felt like it's on fire, bad mood swings and dark thoughts, I became overly sensitive, short term memory loss, headaches, felt so much pain wearing high heels (probably the bone loss side effect), dry skin, I gained a bit of weight too, the non-stop bleeding for first 3months after the first shot. NEVER GOING ON DEPO AGAIN!"

Amber (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 27, 2018

Depo-Provera (medroxyprogesterone) for Endometriosis: "I started depo 20 years ago for birth control & never had any issues. In fact, after the first injection I lost 10lbs without trying. I think because I’m estrogen dominant, the shot keeps it in check. It completely eliminated all my PMS symptoms & evened me out. I went off it every couple years for a few months because of the bone loss warning. However, during the time I was off it, I started having horrible endometriosis symptoms. I now take it every 11 weeks faithfully & with the exception of the week before the shot is due, I am completely symptom free. I’m 42 & still weigh between 108-114lbs. The shot if anything keeps my weight in check by managing the estrogen. I’m sure some people have different reactions & the shot may not work for everyone, but for me it’s been amazing."

CJ (taken for 10 years or more) September 24, 2018

Depo-Provera (medroxyprogesterone) for Birth Control: "If you’re looking for something to tell you whether or not to get this shot. This is IT!! You are reading this review for a reason and the reason is that this shot ruins you. It’s literally toxic. 3 months ago I was an energetic, excited for life fun loving 20 year old. After about 10 weeks I have experienced every single physical side effect. Extreme dizziness, bleeding, nausea, paranoia, violent thoughts, mental breakdowns, severe anxiety, suicidal thoughts. It changed my entire life upside down. I have never experienced any of the side effects before ever in my life!!!! Do not even risk the chance of this drug working out for you. It should be banned in my opinion. So sickening that actual licensed professionals would willingly prescribe this to women knowing what it ~could~ do to someone’s physical and mental state. I have two weeks to go and hope I start to feel like myself soon after that but man don’t even mess with this toxic drug. Just remember once it has been injected you can't get it out!!!"

DontDoIt (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2018

Provera (medroxyprogesterone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "It’s a good medicine overall I had really heavy bleeding and got sent to the hospital and they put me on this which was 10mg for 20days and I stopped bleeding 12 days into it . But after reading some of these comments makes me so worried because once I stop it I’ll have the “break through” bleeding. So my thing is, how are you going to put someone on something for so long then when they stop taking it then it’ll come rushing again. Hmm."

Over this (taken for less than 1 month) September 21, 2018

Depo-Provera (medroxyprogesterone) for Birth Control: "Worst experience of my life, be SCARED of this drug!!!! I got one injection and slowly fell into a deep depression. 2 weeks before my second shot I was hit with every possible side effect. I quit my job, and had to seek help to become myself again. This drug is too good to be true, and not worth risking these side effects. It works great for some but if you are looking into Depo because of convenience like I did, it is NOT worth it. I have suffered from depression, anxiety, nausea, extreme dizziness, loss of appetite, prolonged periods, and many more. Please save yourself the trouble and don't even try it."

britta (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 20, 2018

Provera (medroxyprogesterone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I'm 43 years old and clotting and bleeding now for 14 days. In 2008 I was diagnosed with PCOS. I haven't had a period for years, and then all of a sudden out of the blue, I start to clot. Big like golf balls. Didn't leave the home at all, sometimes the clot was so big it would come down my leg. The first time I went to the ER, I had a few tests done. I also had a vaginal ultrasound, they found 2 big fibroids. I was told a normal lining of the uterus is 2mm, mine was 9mm. I was given tranexamic acid. 500 mg it stopped the clots. I only had it for 5 days. As soon as I was done the clotting came back. Then I was put on apo medroxy 10 mg. So far so good."

C A D (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I was diagnosed with PCOS at 14, and depo was the doctors first recommendation for treatment. It sounded great. I didn't want to remember a pill every day at that age. However once my period started it didn't stop for over 3 months. And we are not talking light either. It was heavy and constant. I became so weak and so anemic that I was very nearly hospitalized. Nuva Ring was a much better choice."

PCOS (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 18, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I’ve been takin this medication since the 27th of August. I was instructed by my obgyn to take it for 10 days at a time over 6 months to regulate my period. Within the 2nd or 3rd day taking it the bleeding stopped however. But then is slowly came back after the 10th was up. I was thinking I started my period, but then became concern because of the cramps. I’m LITERALLY OVER THIS , the cramps are that toxic. My moods have been changing daily! I haven’t had sex because the bleeding won’t stop. It’s almost time for me to start my second dose on the 27th but I’m skeptical about it. Should I continue on or stop? I smoke weed can this possibly be a reason for these cramps? Cause if it is I seriously would stoppppp!!!! "

Wandaa (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2018

Depo-Provera (medroxyprogesterone) for Birth Control: "Horrible experience; I received my 1st shot in May to prepare for fibroid removal surgery in July, have bled since May and got my 2nd shot a few weeks ago for BC and to assist with additional fibroid growth. My dr never explained the bleeding on these shots could continue for years, and I will NOT be getting another one."

Ugh (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 15, 2018

Depo-Provera (medroxyprogesterone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I was on depo in high school for 2 years, I’m 28 now so 10 years ago, I had no problems with it! It stopped my periods completely. I haven’t been on any birth control since then and I decided to get back on it. Worse mistake in my life! I got my first shot in June, by July I started my period which was very light at first and then it started to pick up! The end of August I was still on but it picked up heavily! Blood clots every night for a few nights and then Thursday Aug 23 was when I had the worse bleeding in my life! I went through pads every 5 mins, blood clot after blood clot! I started to get so weak that I went to the hospital and I had to get THREE blood transfusions because I lost so much blood! While in the hospital my obgyn wanted me to start a new birth control pill, it’s stopped the heavy bleeding and clotting the next day but to this day I’m still spotting. I will never in my life get this shot again! And all of that was only with one shot! Do not get on it!"

Nikki September 14, 2018

Depo-Provera (medroxyprogesterone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "No one should ever go through the things this shot makes the body go through. I got this shot about 3 months ago and have been bleeding every single day since, HEAVILY, and yesterday I was just running errands and I sneezed and so much blood came out of me it poured out of my jeans, when I got home it kept just pouring out like buckets of blood. I was in so much pain, it felt like my insides were being pushed out. My husband had to hold me up in the shower because I could barely stand I was so dizzy and weak. This happened one time before a month ago but not as bad. I’ve had to reduce to wearing women’s Always diapers so my clothes won’t be ruined. I hope this bleeding stops soon because it’s making me so weak and my moods just all over the place."

Michaelaaa (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 9, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...