User Reviews for Medroxyprogesterone

Also known as: Amen, Curretab, Cycrin, Depo-Provera, Depo-Provera Contraceptive, depo-subQ provera 104, Provera

Endometrial Hyperplasia, Prophylaxis

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
3.3

Summary of Medroxyprogesterone reviews 4.8 1,510 reviews

Reviews for Medroxyprogesterone

Depo-Provera (medroxyprogesterone) for Birth Control: "If you’re looking for something to tell you whether or not to get this shot. This is IT!! You are reading this review for a reason and the reason is that this shot ruins you. It’s literally toxic. 3 months ago I was an energetic, excited for life fun loving 20 year old. After about 10 weeks I have experienced every single physical side effect. Extreme dizziness, bleeding, nausea, paranoia, violent thoughts, mental breakdowns, severe anxiety, suicidal thoughts. It changed my entire life upside down. I have never experienced any of the side effects before ever in my life!!!! Do not even risk the chance of this drug working out for you. It should be banned in my opinion. So sickening that actual licensed professionals would willingly prescribe this to women knowing what it ~could~ do to someone’s physical and mental state. I have two weeks to go and hope I start to feel like myself soon after that but man don’t even mess with this toxic drug. Just remember once it has been injected you can't get it out!!!"

DontDoIt (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2018

Provera (medroxyprogesterone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "It’s a good medicine overall I had really heavy bleeding and got sent to the hospital and they put me on this which was 10mg for 20days and I stopped bleeding 12 days into it . But after reading some of these comments makes me so worried because once I stop it I’ll have the “break through” bleeding. So my thing is, how are you going to put someone on something for so long then when they stop taking it then it’ll come rushing again. Hmm."

Over this (taken for less than 1 month) September 21, 2018

Depo-Provera (medroxyprogesterone) for Birth Control: "Worst experience of my life, be SCARED of this drug!!!! I got one injection and slowly fell into a deep depression. 2 weeks before my second shot I was hit with every possible side effect. I quit my job, and had to seek help to become myself again. This drug is too good to be true, and not worth risking these side effects. It works great for some but if you are looking into Depo because of convenience like I did, it is NOT worth it. I have suffered from depression, anxiety, nausea, extreme dizziness, loss of appetite, prolonged periods, and many more. Please save yourself the trouble and don't even try it."

britta (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 20, 2018

Provera (medroxyprogesterone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I'm 43 years old and clotting and bleeding now for 14 days. In 2008 I was diagnosed with PCOS. I haven't had a period for years, and then all of a sudden out of the blue, I start to clot. Big like golf balls. Didn't leave the home at all, sometimes the clot was so big it would come down my leg. The first time I went to the ER, I had a few tests done. I also had a vaginal ultrasound, they found 2 big fibroids. I was told a normal lining of the uterus is 2mm, mine was 9mm. I was given tranexamic acid. 500 mg it stopped the clots. I only had it for 5 days. As soon as I was done the clotting came back. Then I was put on apo medroxy 10 mg. So far so good."

C A D (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I was diagnosed with PCOS at 14, and depo was the doctors first recommendation for treatment. It sounded great. I didn't want to remember a pill every day at that age. However once my period started it didn't stop for over 3 months. And we are not talking light either. It was heavy and constant. I became so weak and so anemic that I was very nearly hospitalized. Nuva Ring was a much better choice."

PCOS (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 18, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I’ve been takin this medication since the 27th of August. I was instructed by my obgyn to take it for 10 days at a time over 6 months to regulate my period. Within the 2nd or 3rd day taking it the bleeding stopped however. But then is slowly came back after the 10th was up. I was thinking I started my period, but then became concern because of the cramps. I’m LITERALLY OVER THIS , the cramps are that toxic. My moods have been changing daily! I haven’t had sex because the bleeding won’t stop. It’s almost time for me to start my second dose on the 27th but I’m skeptical about it. Should I continue on or stop? I smoke weed can this possibly be a reason for these cramps? Cause if it is I seriously would stoppppp!!!! "

Wandaa (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2018

Depo-Provera (medroxyprogesterone) for Birth Control: "Horrible experience; I received my 1st shot in May to prepare for fibroid removal surgery in July, have bled since May and got my 2nd shot a few weeks ago for BC and to assist with additional fibroid growth. My dr never explained the bleeding on these shots could continue for years, and I will NOT be getting another one."

Ugh (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 15, 2018

Depo-Provera (medroxyprogesterone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I was on depo in high school for 2 years, I’m 28 now so 10 years ago, I had no problems with it! It stopped my periods completely. I haven’t been on any birth control since then and I decided to get back on it. Worse mistake in my life! I got my first shot in June, by July I started my period which was very light at first and then it started to pick up! The end of August I was still on but it picked up heavily! Blood clots every night for a few nights and then Thursday Aug 23 was when I had the worse bleeding in my life! I went through pads every 5 mins, blood clot after blood clot! I started to get so weak that I went to the hospital and I had to get THREE blood transfusions because I lost so much blood! While in the hospital my obgyn wanted me to start a new birth control pill, it’s stopped the heavy bleeding and clotting the next day but to this day I’m still spotting. I will never in my life get this shot again! And all of that was only with one shot! Do not get on it!"

Nikki September 14, 2018

Depo-Provera (medroxyprogesterone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "No one should ever go through the things this shot makes the body go through. I got this shot about 3 months ago and have been bleeding every single day since, HEAVILY, and yesterday I was just running errands and I sneezed and so much blood came out of me it poured out of my jeans, when I got home it kept just pouring out like buckets of blood. I was in so much pain, it felt like my insides were being pushed out. My husband had to hold me up in the shower because I could barely stand I was so dizzy and weak. This happened one time before a month ago but not as bad. I’ve had to reduce to wearing women’s Always diapers so my clothes won’t be ruined. I hope this bleeding stops soon because it’s making me so weak and my moods just all over the place."

Michaelaaa (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 9, 2018

For Amenorrhea: "I was prescribed 10mg pills to be taken for 10 days to make me get a period. I have PCOS and was wanting to go on birth control but I couldn't start the birth control until the first day of my period, and I didn't know when that would be since I don't get a period every month. So they gave me this. I was only able to take one pill and the next day I was in so much pain and threw up...not many medications will make me throw up but this was bad, and only on the first day, so I'm not going to be taking any more. Not worth it."

ade987 (taken for less than 1 month) September 8, 2018

Depo-Provera (medroxyprogesterone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I have been on this for about 7 months and they have been awful. I bleed more days than not, maybe getting a couple clean days a month. My skin is usually very clear and I've been having awful acne. I am on a strict diet and although I haven't gained weight, I struggle to maintain and losing any more weight seems impossible. Worst shot ever."

Yoda68 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 6, 2018

Depo-Provera (medroxyprogesterone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I haven't been on birth control in 13 years and I decided to get the depo last March. It's now September and I am still bleeding. Haven't had a clean day yet. Before I got the shot I've always had normal periods with zero complications. My sex drive disappeared completely! Never ever get this shot yall!!!"

J.k. (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 1, 2018

Depo-Provera (medroxyprogesterone) for Birth Control: "I have been on the depo for about a year, and I was told by my gyno that my bleeding should end by my 3rd or 4th shot. She didn't even tell me I would bleed in the first place. I have been bleeding nonstop since I started with the occasional day in between or even an hour. I have RUINED all my period underwear. I have ruined nice underwear because it picks and chooses when to bleed. My 3rd shot was the worst, as it went from spots to always having a tampon/pad. I plan on discontinuing by the time my full year is up. This was one of the worst mistakes of my life. Killed my sex drive because who wants to have sex when they're constantly bleeding. TL;DR: (Too long; didn't read) This is garbage. Don't take it. You'll regret it."

givemeblood (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 31, 2018

Depo-Provera (medroxyprogesterone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I tried the depo shot about 14 years ago. No issues at all except weight gain. I didn't​ even have a period after the first shot. Got off the shot, had a kid (who is now 12 yrs old) and decided to get on birth control (BC) after having to take a Plan B pill (emergency contraceptive pill) after I pregnancy scare. Got the shot about 2 months ago. No period for about 3 weeks but then all of a sudden I have been lightly spotting for 5 weeks now. I researched what could stop it and read that raspberry leaf tea really works. I drank 4 cups a day like instructed for 3 days and it didn't stop so I gave up on that. Found some expired old birth control pills and got so desperate that I started taking them today. Hopefully it stops the bleeding. I haven't been able to have sex with my fiance in a month and my anxiety has gotten much worse. Please don't take this drug. It's legit a nightmare. "

Ms.Bubbles (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 31, 2018

Depo-Provera (medroxyprogesterone) for Birth Control: "Best ever after I had my first baby on July 7 2012 I was on the depo for a few months did not get my period at all, no symptoms at all then when I stop using it and in less than a month I got pregnant with my 2nd baby. After I had my second boy on September 2013 I was on the depo for almost 4 years never got my period except in the 1st year I did get it for 3 days normally. Anyway then I stop getting it again since I want it another baby and I got pregnant in a month with my 3rd baby..."

Jess (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 28, 2018

Provera (medroxyprogesterone) for Amenorrhea: "Took provera because of PCOS. Started taking it for 10 days and started my period immediately after on the 10th-11th day. It does make you feel hormonal or PMS. Felt very angry and irritated while on my period, however this is one I’ll be take once every 3 months since it is considered a “natural” birth control compared to others. I did notice after not taking it for a month that I did start to bleed a little bit on my own. Not sure how next month will go but it’s been positive so far."

Kia (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 28, 2018

Depo-Provera (medroxyprogesterone) for Birth Control: "I have been using Depo for about two years now. I think I have stayed on it this long due to the convenience of it. I never experienced most of the side effects, but I did gain about 5 pounds that will not drop. My period lasted for almost a month when I first got the shot, but then went away completely. That is a huge bonus for me since I had extremely heavy, long, and painful periods. For me the depression and anxiety was definitely the worst part of it. I do believe circumstances played a part, but some of it was certainly due to hormone imbalance. I have experienced these side effects on and off for the duration of my use. I am looking to get off it now because of the threat of loss of bone density. I am at my two year mark. However, I do think if that was not a problem I would stay on it."

CJ (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 27, 2018

Provera (medroxyprogesterone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "Provera 60mg per day was prescribed to me to control uterine bleeding while on warferin for a PE. It did not stop the bleeding ever only reduced it. And like someone already said it here, a day after stopping taking it the bleeding became constant as if someone turned on a tap. Very scary. For me this drug did not do what it's supposed to do."

Elle (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 27, 2018

Depo-Provera (medroxyprogesterone) for Birth Control: "I was put on this for birth control over 20 years ago. Now I been off it for 15 years my body has not recovered . I have pituitary tumor in my head and no period at all and it sucks if want ever have a baby this is not for u ..."

Hate u (taken for 10 years or more) August 25, 2018

Depo-Provera (medroxyprogesterone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "Got my shot in March and I have been bleeding non stop with maybe 1 day without and then back to heavy bleeding ever since then. That was my 1st and last shot I will get ..this shot is horrible"

Anonymous August 24, 2018

Depo-Provera (medroxyprogesterone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "By the age of 16 I was put on birth control pills just so I wouldn’t bleed out because I was becoming anemic I was getting really sick and bleeding for 2 weeks long every month. Pills worked then stopped working and I was getting my period for months at a time. Tried another pill, tried an IUD had it taken out after a month due to bad pain. This was when I went into surgery and they found cysts on my fallopian tube‘s and endo. My last option was Depo and at first it was great I stopped bleeding I didn’t cramp. Until I started randomly gushing blood. Then I started to have to be dilated every 3 months to clean out uterus. Now I have been off of depo for about 6 months and the bleeding is awful, I’m bleeding through super tampons in an hour, and in extreme pain."

Emma Peterson August 22, 2018

For Amenorrhea: "I am 21 years old. By the age of 20 I had a medically induced abortion and after that my periods went back to normal. Around February of 2018 I didn’t have a period & I thought I was pregnant since me & my fiancé have been trying. 4 months after that passed & I didn’t get a period & I thought I might been pregnant. In late June I have spotting & light bleeding for a Whole month & 13 Days. I went to my Gyno & he prescribed me Medroxyprogesterone for 10 days. I’m on day 2 of having a heavy flow & I have a lot of blood clots but all I’m thinking about is getting my periods back to normal so I can start trying to get pregnant again. Overall I like this medication I feel like it’s cleaning my reproductive system."

Cece (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2018

Depo-Provera (medroxyprogesterone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "Horrible experience. I don’t recommend getting the depo shot. Got my first shot start of March 2018 and decided to not get a second one as it made me get acne prone skin. Been bleeding everyday for the last 5 months, and only have stopped bleeding about three time all less than 10 hours each time. Makes me very moody too."

Anonymous August 19, 2018

Provera (medroxyprogesterone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I am 48 and I have uterine fibroids. I have heavy periods with no pain usually lasts 5 to 7 days. I don't like my gyno and I know with menopause the cyst will shrink go away. In Feb I was hospitalized with 2 blood transfusions and more iron infusions which I have had several over heavy bleeding. My husband convinced me to see a gyno so I did. I'm not happy put me on provera 5 once a day and I'm on month 2. 1st month period lasted 16 days with debilitating pain in lower end pressure, and like insides being ripped out, and had to get another iron infusion. Period 2 now so far 19 days and and today I'm getting extreme pressure again and pain. Thought it was stopping I was wrong. Passing lots of large clots and when on toilet sounds like I'm peeing. Can't have surgery right now. There has to be something else than this pill. Finding new doctor tomorrow after I get my iron levels checked again."

Drwoodring (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 15, 2018

Provera (medroxyprogesterone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I'm not sure if this medicine is to blame, but I figured I'd put it out there. I hadn't had a period in several months due to PCOS. Usually l take progesterone but something possessed my obgyn and he prescribed this instead. This pill is not meant for smokers, the side effects for a smoker included heart attack and blood clots. 2 days after starting this I started hurting in my chest. Long story short it took 3 hospitals in a week and a half to figure out I was having multiple heart attacks and an aneurysm, but nobody suspected it because "I'm too young" and I've never had a history of heart problems. I've been in the hospital for 4 days now, still recovering and will continue to suffer because my heart is only pumping 35%."

Jink (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...