User Reviews for Conjugated estrogens

Also known as: Cenestin, Enjuvia, Premarin, Premarin Intravenous

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Conjugated estrogens.

Hypoestrogenism

Atrophic Vaginitis
5.7

Summary of Conjugated estrogens reviews 8.0 53 reviews

Reviews for Conjugated estrogens

Premarin (conjugated estrogens) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "I was given this to help with Vaginal Atrophy that resulted in painful UTI like symptoms and painful sex. By the third week I got limited relief from those symptoms, but had debilitating dizziness and horrible hot flashes. This stuff took me from having had a handful of hot flashes in my entire life to 5 or 6 a night. Not taking it any more."

njb63 (taken for less than 1 month) October 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Premarin (conjugated estrogens) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "So I just started this yesterday and wonder I am feeling a little bit worked up (sexually charged) has anyone else experienced this? My main concern was dryness I had a hysterectomy, 11 years ago and was taking Estradiol and didn't really feel anything different would still get the hot flashes mostly during the day but BOY o BOY today definitely increased libido! Just looking to see if this is normal?"

overlyworkedup October 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Premarin (conjugated estrogens) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "Feeling great for 4 months. Pain returning the last 3 days"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Premarin (conjugated estrogens) for Osteoporosis: "My Dr. retired & his replacement stopped 5 of my drugs (all now prescribed by specialists). However, Premarin was stopped for 1one anda half months. Two weeks later, 40 hot flashes a day began. I felt like I was going to die. Finally, an endocrinologist re-prescribed Premarin but only 1/2 the dose I had taken for 32 years (since 40). Hot flashes are still outrageous. All my sisters have osteoporosis, but not me (I took HRT). In the time it was stopped, I lost weight, lost 1" in height, about 20% of my hair, and I'm so tempted to order it online without a prescription so I can take the other half of my regular dose. Desperate people do desperate things."

For Petes Sake August 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Premarin (conjugated estrogens) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "Was put on 1.25 mg for the constant bleeding my Nexplanon implant caused me. It didn't work & made me so sick! I am a 23 yo mother of 2. Prior to Nexplanon & Premarin, I had never used any kind of hormonal medicine. I had terrible pain in the left side of my calf, the whole left side of my body was numb, chest pain, rapid heart beat & pal palpations, shortness of breath, dizziness, unbalanced, nausea, I felt like I was dying!"

PremarinNightmare July 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Premarin (conjugated estrogens) for Primary Ovarian Failure: "I'm 75 and have been taking 1.25 since l had a full hysterectomy at 36. 10 years ago cut dose to .65 at Dr recommendation. Noticed no change. Now taking .325 for about 4 weeks. Do notice I'm not tired, not as "happy"... All those years no side effects. Bone density excellent. General health excellent.. Think I'll go back to .65 but its expensive and insurance will not cover due to my age."

Suncitycool June 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Premarin (conjugated estrogens) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I am 57yrs. My sister in law mentioned that she took Premarin for 5 years with no side effects. I was intrigue, I never heard of this medication. I went to my doctor and asked for Premarin, she prescribed me 0.3mg. Wow, amazing results! No side effects. I just finished my 30 days’ supply, went back to my doctor; asked for a little higher dosage because I was still having hot flashes & vaginal dryness, so she prescribed another 30 days on 0.45. Of course, my doctor does not recommend this medication because all the possible side effects specially heart attack: I told her let me try and see how I feel. Now I will have one more month at .45mg, I will see what are the results. I will keep everyone posted."

Mag57 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Enjuvia (conjugated estrogens) for Oophorectomy: "This medicine is exceptional! I have not had ANY hot flashes or moodiness - and i sleep well."

2004flygirl (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 28, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Premarin (conjugated estrogens) for Osteoporosis: "I started taking Premarin 1.25mg when I lost my ovaries at the age of 28 to endometriosis. That was 33 years ago. My symptoms were lack of focus and energy. Within a week or two I was back to my normal self with the exception of the mood swings I'd had ever since puberty. Several years ago my GYN said there was an alert about Premarin and I would have to wean myself off of them. I went down to 1/4 of what I was taking within 7 months. I was taking large doses of ibuphrofen for over 25 years for inflammation in my back. When the Premarin was decreased and the ibuphrofen was taken down I developed extreme arthritic swelling in some of my joints. I was put back in the Premarin immediately and told to never get off."

Gator1228 (taken for 10 years or more) October 9, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Enjuvia (conjugated estrogens) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "Please tell me you are still going to be making Enjuvia. I have been on this drug for years and it really works great for hot flashes and mood swings. I need my prescription filled and I am totally out it. The pharmacies are all saying you are not making it any more and that there is no genetic drug- period. I beg you to still make this product. What are we to do if we can no longer get it and there is no form of a genetic made? Us patients can't go off of Enjuvia cold turkey. Evidently, the pharmacies were not warned ahead of time and neither were the Prescribing doctors., that the drug was stopping being made. This is terrible."

Orbitron (taken for 10 years or more) October 6, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Premarin (conjugated estrogens) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I took Premarin daily since 1975,with no problems, and felt great, young at heart and full of energy. Last year the insurance company decided they would not pay for it anymore and suggested Estradiol. I don't feel the same. No energy, hair thinning and bloated all the time. Next doctor appointment I'm going back on Premarin even tho it'll cost me a pretty penny."

Dreamcatcher45 (taken for 10 years or more) September 9, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Premarin (conjugated estrogens) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I have taken Premarin in the 1.25 strength for over 40 years, it has not stopped the hot flashes and night sweats but it reduces them by at least 50%. I do not have osteoporosis (my Mother and all of my Aunts did) and my bone density is better than most women half my age, a lot of which I attribute to the Premarin. I have never taken prempro or any progestin product, just the Premarin alone. I tried the half strength, miserable with all day hot flashes so over heated looked like I had a sunburn with heat rash and nasty skin breakouts, so I changed Drs, now back to the 1.25 strength. . My only complaint is that a product like this that ha been on the market over 50 years I do not understand why there is no generic as it is very expensive."

anniemack August 24, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Premarin (conjugated estrogens) for Primary Ovarian Failure: "I've been on premarin for over 20years. When I started I had side effects of bloating and constipation. Over time those resolved. I don't know why I'm still having hot flashes 20+ yrs after menopause. Now I take.625 every other day due to the expense. That works. If I try to cut back to every third day the hot flashes return in a short time."

Midwestern (taken for 10 years or more) July 18, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Premarin (conjugated estrogens) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I was in the DEEPEST pit of depression. I felt that it was hormonal. Had labs drawn and was shown to be in menopause. Had a hysterectomy which left me with one ovary. The depression started this year in March and spiralled out of control. I was seriously deciding whether or not to stick around not because I didn't want to live, but the mental pain was too much. I noticed in a study of women that were treated successfully for severe hormonal depression using premarin and mirtazipine. Within 24 hours the depression was GONE GONE GONE! I believe it is mostly the premarin because ADs take longer than that to work. I want to start a campaign for the horses that are being treated to poorly. Why can't we get this from pg. humans and pay them?"

Lucky to be here (taken for less than 1 month) June 22, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Premarin (conjugated estrogens) for : "I had to have a total hysterectomy in 2009 including removing both ovaries at the age of 38 because of endometriosis. I have been on premarin 0.45mg since. I only have to take one every 3 days to keep the hot flashes at bay. I tried going off of it twice because even with insurance it was $50 but I thought I was going to die!!!! I could not sleep at all, the hot flashes were horrible, I had no energy to do anything but lay all day on the couch. My life might as well have been over if I didn't have this drug. I have no side effects on it and I thank God I have it."

SHE1LA (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 11, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Premarin (conjugated estrogens) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I was prescribed premarin 1.25 right after a total hysterectomy 11-1983. This was to help avoid at age 32 hot flashes, dryness in skin and hair, and protect my bones. Personal dryness. I took it for 20 yrs. Then when the doctors thought I was having a heart attack in in 4-2004 they took my off of it cold turkey. in 2-2009 I was found to have stage 1.5 breast cancer. Cancer dr. told me it was from taking premarin for 20 yrs. Should only been prescribed no more than 7 yrs. The cancer was caused by extra hormones. Extra hormones was driving my endometriosis that was the cause of removing everything in 1983. My cancer dr. said with my family background I was lucky never to had a major heartattack."

Kstd April 25, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Enjuvia (conjugated estrogens) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I started this medicine right after having a hysterectomy, I have been on it for about a 15 months now and I have gained a tremendous amount of weight. I still have real bad hot flashes and mood swing galore."

TO Heavy (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 11, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Premarin (conjugated estrogens) for Oophorectomy: "After a full hysterectomy in 2000 with both ovaries removed, I was given Premarin straight after surgery. My Dr now refuses to continue the treatment, and her colleagues will not prescribe as I am her patient. Now 3 months without and horrendous problems with lack of energy, emotional outbursts, hot flushes and vaginal skin tearing. Dr. still refuses because of cancer risk. I thought that would be MY choice: for better quality of life. What to do? Flew to Malaysia and bought OTC. Life getting back to normal now. Only side effect may be the slight bloating, but I'm careful what I eat and drink to reduce this."

CherryP (taken for 10 years or more) December 23, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Premarin (conjugated estrogens) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I have been taking Premarin a little over a month and my hair is starting to fall out, I am having stomach issues now, including odd bloating, and I still have hot flashes every day. I used to take Enjuvia and it was the best thing ever, but it is no longer being manufactured or distributed. I can't seem to tolerate anything else. Does anyone know of something better? I take the highest dose of this without causing the High risk for Breast cancer...I wish this stuff would work for me :("

missinmyenjuvia December 12, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Premarin (conjugated estrogens) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I have been taking this drug for 8mths. It was helping at first but the hot flushes are coming back more frequently now and I'm tearing up a lot lately. I had bloods done and asked if I could take a higher dosage as because the test showed I'm am definitely going through the change. She said no as it would increase my chance of breast cancer. I take .3 each night."

Catwo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 15, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Premarin (conjugated estrogens) for Hypoestrogenism: "I had cancer twice and my ovaries are not producing hormones because of it. I'm now an adult and still have not started my period. I'm only on .3 mg and it makes me eat more and my doctor says I'm growing so it's working so far."

Robinhood13 October 3, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Premarin (conjugated estrogens) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I have lost 80 percent of my hair. I also have had bladder problems."

Decemberbug September 19, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Enjuvia (conjugated estrogens) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "Enjuvia helped me with my sudden menopausal symptoms after I had to have a hysterectomy at 47 but I have gained a tremendous amount of weight on it. (60 lbs, at least). I don't know for sure that it was the Enjuvia, but I was slim before I started taking it and now am obese. I ran out of it recently and noticed that I immediately started to lose weight, without even trying. I will update my review when I have been off of it longer. I have been at my wits end trying to lose weight, so hopefully this will help."

Menopausal Chick April 11, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Premarin (conjugated estrogens) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I've been taking this for the past 15 years and haven't had any problems. I have an annual check up and so far, there hasn't been any concerns. I did have a urinalysis done for a quarterly blood pressure check up and there was a detection of blood in my urine. Not sure if it's as a result of taking the Premarin but, I made an appointment to go back to the doctor to follow up in 3 months."

notflashinghot February 9, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Premarin (conjugated estrogens) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I had a hysterectomy 9 years ago and have been suffering with hot flashes, tired, no energy and lots of other symptoms. Went to my doctor and he did not want to give me any HRT but I could not cope anymore with some of the hot flashes tiredness no energy and numerous other symptoms so decided to go back to my doctor and ask again for something to help me this time he has prescribed me Premarin. Its early days yet but already my hot flashes are starting to subside seems to be starting to help great to at last get a tablet to help I am very pleased with the Premarin and no side effects."

lemonslice January 24, 2015