User Reviews for Estradiol Patch

Learn more about Estradiol Patch.

Primary Ovarian Failure 1 reviews 35 medications

Postmenopausal Symptoms 7 reviews 202 medications

6.5
Oophorectomy 3 reviews 34 medications

4.7
Hypoestrogenism 1 reviews 36 medications

Summary of Estradiol Patch reviews 12 reviews 5.0

Reviews for Estradiol Patch

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "I was caught in a vicious cycle of soaking wet hot flash after soaking wet hot flash which caused me to become agitated which caused my heart to race ALL NIGHT LONG which then caused me to be irritable and I could barely focus during the day. My doctor started me on the estradiol patch .05 mg and within a few days I felt like a new person. I now go through the entire night maybe one minor hot flash and the resulting anxiety is gone. I sleep now better than I ever have. The only side effect I have noticed is that my breasts are a little tender but not enough to make me stop. If I wind up gaining a few pounds who cares I am a human being again."

MrsSPT August 23, 2016

For Hypoestrogenism "I used the patch for night time hot flashes that wake me up every 2-3hrs. The size was great, and it stuck just fine. That's where the happy union ended. By the second day the hot flashes seemed to triple, occurring all day and all night. And the flashes were hotter! I also began to have terrible headaches that woke me up earlier than my alarm clock and hung around all day. I never have headaches so I removed the patch after only 4 days and the symptoms all went away. Now I'm back to square one better able to deal with my original symptoms knowing things could be worse. I'm going to give the name brand Vivelle dot a try and see what happens."

50yr old with Hysterectomy (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2016

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "This patch had to be designed by a man. What woman would design a patch the size of a softball? I had to duck tape it on in order for it to stay on, it is not flexible ( it would not even bend in half) and what woman wants to have a big round patch showing through her clothes? You can't swim with it on or even shower because it will come off. It is hideous and degrading. Why should a woman have to be punished for something that is beyond their control? I can not say if it works or not, due to the fact that I could never get it to stay on. I took one to my doctor and asked her how I was suppose to keep it on. She was shocked at what it looked liked and put me on the pill due to the Insurance Company."

Wagon February 26, 2016

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "this medication saved my life...I actually like the mylan better than the vivelle as far as the way I feel, the vivelle caused sinus problems and gassy bloat, the mylan product did not for me, however the mylan product doesn't stick as well or last as long....OVERALL: I love estrogen replacement and it is a TRAGEDY that women are suffering and their docs are not offering HRT when it is now proven that HRT prolongs life and has a protective influence on heart, bones and brain. I want to tell every woman out there do not be a hero, do not suffer, and do not be afraid. estrogen is good for you and can give you your life back. why do none of the women I talk to know this? crime!!"

loribean February 19, 2016

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "I have been on the estradiol patch (Vivelle) for three weeks and I feel like a new woman! Gone are the hot flashes, night sweats and brain fog. Hello energy I've missed you immensely! I also take 100 mg progesterone at bedtime. This combo is a game changer! Just wondering why I didn't pursue it sooner."

nwilling February 16, 2016

For Oophorectomy "After using Vivelle patch for a number of years following a complete hysterectomy, my insurance company refused to pay for it at the same level due to the Mylan generic. Within a few weeks of switching to the generic, I began to develop adverse symptoms (insomnia, breathing difficulties, anxiety, constant headache). When I made the connection and switched back to Vivelle, the symptoms subsided. Unfortunately, my insurance company refuses to pay for the brand name at the same level, but this is not the same drug. Now instead of paying $40 for a 3-month supply, my cost is over $150 to obtain the brand name product."

Roselake (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 7, 2016

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "This refers to the Mylan estradiol twice weekly patches. After 16 comfortable years using Vivelle Dot estradiol patches, I was supplied by Express Scripts with the new, supposedly "generic" Mylan estradiol transdermal dot patches in the same strength, 0.025 mg. During the 4 1/2 weeks I used the Mylan product, I developed hot flashes, night sweats, brain fog and urinary tract infections. I could not understand what was wrong until I recalled that my symptoms began when I started the Mylan product. I found out that Vivelle Dots are still under patent. Mylan patented its own competing transdermal patch in order not to infringe the Novertis patent. It is NOT the same product. A return to Vivelle Dots solved my problem."

NJ Grandma (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 12, 2015

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "100mg patch Estradot- applied twice weekly. Keeps me sane ,and virtually anxiety free. The adhesive on this brand does nt make welts on my skin Only drawback is removing the Glue Spots.:-) When using Hot Spas or I need to apply creams to dry skin, I use an Estrogel sachet .this allows the freshly applied patch to catch up. Absolutely satisfied & happy with this medication. ** on PBS IN Australlia. Lowest dose Venlafaxine added when family drama hit me like a bolt."

Pipsy (taken for 10 years or more) May 31, 2015

For Oophorectomy "Been on Mylan Estradiol transdermal 0.1mg for 4 months. Apparently it's the generic version of Vivelle Dot. Well, it's been great in handling the symptoms of surgical menopause. No headaches or migraines, no more brain fog, lots of energy. However, I have gained weight, have trouble sleeping (never had that issue in my life!), and feel like scratching my skin off everywhere I affix the patch. No matter how dry my skin is, this large, thick, ugly patch has trouble sticking and moisture always gets under it. I end up with an angry itchy red ring that lasts for a week after its gone. So I'm switching to name brand Vivelle Dot. I hope to get the same benefits with a smaller, less ugly patch, and hope it resolves the irritation!"

TeeEm (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 30, 2015

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "I have been taking this for almost a year the only issue I have is the patch recommended for once a week does not stick to the body for the duration of the week."

Anonymous February 4, 2015

"I have been on the patch since my hysterectomy four years ago. I have gradually decreased the dosage and have tried to get off it totally. I am on the lowest dose now and after trying another time to stop, I had hot flashes. The only downside to the patch is that it is large and beige but it works!!"

Anonymous January 19, 2010

For Primary Ovarian Failure "It's rather early for me to be rating this product considering it has been just under 2 weeks since I started it. However, I am very pleased with it so far. I was on Vivelle Dot for about 4 months and after the first month, all my symptoms came back. I have just started this patch and so far it is wonderful! I feel a million times better, my hair is better, no more hot flashes and I'm starting to sleep again! The only complaint I have is that the patch is HUGE and it's thick and beige rather than small and clear like Vivelle. But at this point, I could care less what it looks like as long as it works! "

Anonymous October 8, 2009

For Oophorectomy "I have been on the patch for a month now and it works. No more hot flashes, night sweats, mood swings. It stays on all week and the only side effect I have experienced is mild headaches. The convenience of weekly application is great."

Epatch June 9, 2009