User Reviews for Estradiol Patch to treat Postmenopausal Symptoms

Estradiol Patch has an average rating of 4.0 out of 10 from a total of 71 ratings for the treatment of Postmenopausal Symptoms. 28% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 66% reported a negative effect.

Estradiol Patch Rating Summary

4.0/10 average rating

Compare all 146 medications used in the treatment of Postmenopausal Symptoms.

Reviews for Estradiol Patch

loribean February 19, 2016

“this medication saved my life...I actually like the mylan better than the vivelle as far as the way I feel, the vivelle caused sinus problems and gassy bloat, the mylan product did not for me, however the mylan product doesn't stick as well or last as long....OVERALL: I love estrogen replacement and it is a TRAGEDY that women are suffering and their docs are not offering HRT when it is now proven that HRT prolongs life and has a protective influence on heart, bones and brain. I want to tell every woman out there do not be a hero, do not suffer, and do not be afraid. estrogen is good for you and can give you your life back. why do none of the women I talk to know this? crime!!”

Khatgirl · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 7, 2020

“I've been using these patches for several years now. They work much better than the pills did. Once in a great while I would have one unstick a day or 2 early, so I would just replace it with the next one in the box. But due to the pandemic, I got a 3 month supply, and they are drastically not sticking (even after 4 days), and I am short 2 weeks before my insurance is willing to refill my script again. And my last one completely fell off this morning! Mylan needs to get a better adhesive for these. (I would give the drug a 10 rating if it stayed on)”

Donna · Taken for less than 1 month August 5, 2020

“The Sandoz brand estradiol patch is absolute garbage. It stops working for me after about 6-8 hours, and it's supposed to last 7 days. My gyn told me to prep skin with acetone ( !!! ) and to dry skin with hair dryer then apply patch and hold 10 seconds. Women deserve better than this rubbish - in all forms, from having to apply acetone to skin, to patches that don't live up to what they're supposed to do.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month September 9, 2020

“Used Sandoz brand for the first 8 estradiol patches. No problem. Pharmacy switched to Mylan, a horrible experience. I use twice a week. After the first 2 days, it starts to itch and turn red. Burning sensation by day 3 and its hard to remove and leaves deep red burn marks and continues to itch for a week. Marks remain on my body for over a month now. Not recommended!”

Donna · Taken for less than 1 month September 27, 2020

“Following up to my August 5, 2020 review of the Sandoz patch. My gyn switched me to a twice weekly patch - Mylan. This brand is worse than Sandoz. I applied a patch Friday night, and by Saturday evening I was sweating profusely. This is the second week on the Mylan patches. Again, women deserve better than being Guinea pigs for cheap drug companies.”

Tiger · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 23, 2020

“I was put on the minivelle patch several years ago. It worked great. A year ago my pharmacy changed to this estradiol patch made by Mylan. I didn't notice until I used it. The patch does not stay on, but the worst part is what it does to my skin. I have horrid red patches that hurt and itch. And, they do not go away. Now I am having trouble finding a place to place the patch because I am covered in the scars from using this brand. I use CVS pharmacy. they told me they cannot get the patch which is why they switched to Mylan. I am contacting Noven to see what is going on. I see my doctor next month. I cannot continue using this product. It is horrible.”

Mert · Taken for 10 years or more January 22, 2020

“I’ve used lots of different patches over the years. My favorites have been the Vivelle Dot and the Sandoz patch. The Mylan estradiol patch is worthless - you’re supposed to wear it a week, but it only stays on lasts a day or two, it smells, and it causes skin irritation. Unfortunately, it’s the only one that I know that my insurance will pay for. I’ve been using Sandoz, but have to pay $65 a month for it. Does anybody have a suggestion on a patch estrogen that Priority Health pays for?”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month May 11, 2020

“I just started using the Mylan Estradiol patch after using the gel. I wanted to try something more user friendly than the gel though the gel worked well. I have had the same terrible skin reactions to the patch as I’ve seen commented on this site. I called Mylan to file a product complaint and plan to do so with the FDA as well. I will ask my doctor to write for another type of patch.”

Hrm2 · Taken for less than 1 month August 23, 2019

“Absolutely AWFUL!! I have been prescribed Estradiol Patches made by Sandoz and I am supposed to keep it on for a week. I maxed out at 6 1/2 HOURS ....they are truly worse than generic cartoon Band-Aids that are overpriced & don't stick! How in the world did these ever pass quality control from the FDA?!?! A total rip-off!! I clean with alcohol, let air dry, used tape and they still come off. ANY amount of perspiration will make them bubble right off. Sorry, but we all perspire EVERY SINGLE DAY! How was that little tidbit overlooked?”

Ruthie · Taken for less than 1 month June 5, 2020

“I used to use Climara. Great option. After I changes insurance I had to use a Mexican brand that worked really well. After I moved to another state I had to get a US brand. I was give Mylan Estradiol patches and after 2 days or less they fall off. I just feel I wasted my money and they are not cheap.”

CindiLou · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 19, 2020

“Sandoz Estradiol Patch does not stick. It does not peel, instead the entire patch comes loose at once. I get 2 days, maybe 3 days out of a patch. Do not accept Sandoz brand from your pharmacy, you will be wasting your money.”

doodlebuggi April 19, 2021

“Sandoz patch... I don't find it effective AT ALL. If I use the whole patch it's like someone gave me speed for about 4-5 hours it had a super racy heart, super wound up, then.. nothing. The speedy feeling has made me remove the patch. Cut the 0.5 patch in half. Doesn't feel like it's doing anything particularly? WHY DOES THE US NOT SELL ESTRADOT? It is MADE IN THE US! Oh, and what is it with the PERMANENT red marks????? Take a patch off and there's a red mark that is taking weeks and weeks to go way (if it does at all). It's like it's been tattooed to my skin. In 18 months of estradot NEVER had that problem. Never had a sticking problem. Or a tolerance problem, just an acquiring problem - which again, is completely idiotic.. the boxes I got were labeled right on them "made in the USA" but they're SOLD in Australia. Why can't I get a US made medication IN the actual US??????? And why does it cost me a third to buy it elsewhere than any of these US acquirable patches cost?????”

Lili · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 20, 2021

“My biggest concern is that I am not getting the relief of post menopause even though I am using 0.1mg patch because the patch does not stay on your skin. I have been using the estradiol patch for many years. I was using Vivelle Dot until it was not covered by my insurance and switched to Mylan labs. It would be nice if these patches could stay on my skin to rate the effectiveness of the medication.”

SusyQ · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 15, 2020

“This patch is so frustrating. It only stays on a couple of days because the material is it made of allows the water to soak in when you shower. Then the skin stays wet underneath and starts smelling sour. The adhesive on the edges irritate my skin and causes itching..What good is it if I can only get about 3 days out if it? I used to use a thinner patch made out of a different material and I never could tell I even had it on, but the company quit producing it.”

Ali · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 9, 2020

“I have been on Vivelle Dot for 8 years. Love it and no issues at all. I cannot find it anymore and have checked several pharmacies. I had to switch to Mylan generic. Absolutely awful. It does not stick well and comes off. It leaves red marks on my skin and is itchy. I do not feel I am getting the same amount of hormones and my body can tell the difference. I have used it for 2 months. The patch is supposed to last 3 1/2 days and I am sometimes changing after 2 days. Not happy with this. I hope to find Vivelle again. I am looking for other options.”

June · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 23, 2020

“I had the Sandoz patch and it was great - a nice, thin patch that I forget is there except that I feel much better. The next month, I got the Mylan patch that is covered by my provider. It is thicker, and catches just a little bit on the edges. More importantly, it leaves red marks underneath upon removing it, and small marks that look like burns around the edge. I've also seemed to have some itching around the patch while it is one. I will be switching back to Sandoz.”

Happycat June 12, 2019

“MYLAN ESTRADIOL PATCH 1.0 seems to Be ineffective! Suffering from menopausal symptoms due to a complete hysterectomy Booted off the good stuff ... MINIVELLE DOT ❤️. Due to change of insurance even though I have full coverage! Insurance won’t Pay the $450 cost for 3 month supply . I wonder what’s even on the MYLAN ESTRADIOL PATCH is it even real ?”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 22, 2020

“The Estradiol Patch causes redness, severe itching and burning. I have marks that are taking months to heal. I have had other brands that do not cause this reaction. I am having a hard time getting a brand other than Mylan from my pharmacy.”

NJ Grandma · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 12, 2015

“This refers to the Mylan estradiol twice weekly patches. After 16 comfortable years using Vivelle Dot estradiol patches, I was supplied by Express Scripts with the new, supposedly "generic" Mylan estradiol transdermal dot patches in the same strength, 0.025 mg. During the 4 1/2 weeks I used the Mylan product, I developed hot flashes, night sweats, brain fog and urinary tract infections. I could not understand what was wrong until I recalled that my symptoms began when I started the Mylan product. I found out that Vivelle Dots are still under patent. Mylan patented its own competing transdermal patch in order not to infringe the Novertis patent. It is NOT the same product. A return to Vivelle Dots solved my problem.”

Majestic · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 30, 2019

“I have used the estradiol patch but will probably have to change to something else. I initially did fine and was happy with the patch. However, this PAST month something has changed. The patch areas have become itchy, red, and irritated. I called my healthcare provider...she is also on the same patch and has experienced the same issue this PAST month. Obviously, the Mylan company has changed something...adhesive? Something that isn’t working. I make a call to customer service and they didn’t seem to concerned. Houston...we have a problem. Mylan...fess us to what changes you made and fix it!”

RC October 18, 2019

“I was so upset when insurance bumped my price on Minivelle and forced me to go to this generic patch. It’s terrible. Leaves an awful rash, itches and doesn’t stick. I think it should be illegal to sell these as a comparable product!!! Bring back Minivelle please!! It works perfect!”

Hot in Texas · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 8, 2019

“I was using Vivelle Dot and then Minivelle for 10+ years. Due to the cost and no insurance, I switched to the generic patch. It does NOT work. The change in my estrogen levels was drastic...as if I wasn’t getting any at all. The hot flashes and night sweats returned. These patches are trash. I will be paying the outrageous price for Minivelle to get my hormones balanced again.”

Cyndi · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 13, 2019

“For three years I used the small clear Alvogen estradiol patch with no problems. I am no longer been able to get them because I understand they stopped making them. I am now using the Mylan estrogen patch and it is horrible. It's big, ugly, it stinks and it will not stay on. I will have to figure out something else to use because this is intolerable.”

MrsSPT August 23, 2016

“I was caught in a vicious cycle of soaking wet hot flash after soaking wet hot flash which caused me to become agitated which caused my heart to race ALL NIGHT LONG which then caused me to be irritable and I could barely focus during the day. My doctor started me on the estradiol patch .05 mg and within a few days I felt like a new person. I now go through the entire night maybe one minor hot flash and the resulting anxiety is gone. I sleep now better than I ever have. The only side effect I have noticed is that my breasts are a little tender but not enough to make me stop. If I wind up gaining a few pounds who cares I am a human being again.”

JS June 18, 2019

“I have used the Alvogen product successfully for several years. When my pharmacy said it was no longer available and substituted the Mylan patch I was, frankly, shocked. What a piece of junk. It is huge, does not adhere and, compared to the generic Climara product produced by Alvogen, it is like stepping into the dark ages. I am paying extra to now use the brand name rather then generic. It appears from looking online that it is the same clear, low profile product. I agree with other reviewers who also feel strongly about this issue. I phoned Alvogen and it apologized about no longer carrying it. It is little comfort.”