User Reviews for Vagifem

Learn more about Vagifem.

Atrophic Vaginitis 14 reviews 50 medications

7.8
Atrophic Urethritis 3 reviews 45 medications

6.3
Summary of Vagifem reviews 17 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Vagifem

For Atrophic Vaginitis "Really good experience with stronger dose. Now on lower dose and after a year or so the effect is nothing like as good. As atrophic vaginal conditions increase with age, it is obvious that what once worked well will no longer be effective at lower dosage. It is a shame that so many women will have to suffer this painful condition because of a shiort term study of a very small sample of women."

lizziep August 31, 2016

For Atrophic Vaginitis "This med was a complete cure....I went through menopause - experienced extreme dryness and horrific pain during relations....constant urinary infections as well. I use the 10mcg and it was perfect....get it a lot cheaper through israelpharm.....different amounts in packaging - but still a heck of a lot cheaper than Walmart....yay!!!"

mama28 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 22, 2016

For Atrophic Urethritis "After years of suffering with recurrent cystitis, terrible pain in my urethra, bloating, chronic fatigue, I've recently been put on vagifem and the difference has been incredible. Had previously tried antibiotics, over the counter remedies, various herbal treatments - NOTHING worked. I started Vagifem during a bad attack of cystitis and within hours the pain had all but gone. I've also noticed I have more energy, and a little more zest for life! Its early days and I have slight nausea, but so far so good. I'm delighted that something has worked at last."

AmandaH24 August 19, 2016

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I had been using vagifem for about 8 years and now have uterine cancer. I am having a hysterectomy next week as a result. When my cancer surgeon found out I was using vagifem tabs he immediately had me stop it."

S Jean (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 18, 2016

For Atrophic Vaginitis "My doctor prescribed 10 mcg vagifem,then another doctor after hearing my complaints of leg cramp and other vague problems told me to stop using it. But there is nothing out there which works for me,Premarin cream is not for me,combipatch I gave up long ago,so 10 mcg vagifem seems to be my only option. all the other non hormone lubrications do not work. So if you are taking it,watch closely for side effects,10mcg is the lowest dosage,25 mcg is not allowed by FDA in USA."

michelle10167 June 13, 2016

For Atrophic Urethritis "awful leg pain, vaginal burning like on fire, back pain, pounding heart, dry cough, stomach pain and diarrhea"

Joyce 51 February 19, 2016

For Atrophic Vaginitis "54 and Suffering Severe vaginal dryness took vagifem 10 m for 10 days only had to stop due to severe abdominal pain never again will I take this drug users please beware"

Ginney-t (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2016

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I have only been taking this for a few months, but notice a big difference, I suffered really bad pain during intercourse and this has improved the situation, I also think it has levelled out my menopausal moods. I will be staying on it. I am fortunate to live in Scotland where I do not pay for this medication directly, prescriptions are free."

hellojoanie (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 2, 2016

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I used Vagifem as prescribed by my Gyn. I used this product as directed for on an off for a period of 2 years. I developed fallopian and ovarian cancer last year. I have had to have a hysterectomy-oophorectomy and excision of tumors. I feel that this was related to my taking the Vagifem even though my Gyn stated that this was a small dose of hormone and would not cause any adverse problems. I have since found that this is not the truth!"

Mary Ann Williams (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 30, 2015

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I have been using Vagifem 10mcg for 8-9 months and I just switched to Estrace vaginal cream 1gr. Vagifem kept my vagina healthy but the estrogen doesn't reach the external genital area which remains dry. With cream I'm able to use it in the vagina but I spread a little extra on the outside."

Cream is better November 28, 2014

"This medicine helped my dryness greatly and I can once again enjoy great sexual relations, However, being a migraine sufferer to begin with, this medicine has really magnified my headaches and the number I get each month. I would love to continue using it for the effectiveness, but can't be nonfunctional due to the number of and severeness of my migraines."

old age?dryness (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 15, 2014

For Atrophic Urethritis "For the past 2 years I have suffered terribly with incontinence. A month ago I decided to go to the doctor and she prescribed Vagifem. It was an instantaneous result. I can even jog now without any leaking. It has changed my life. The only negative thing I find is that I gained 2kg or it can be water retention. But not having incontinence outweighs the water retention/weight gain."

dee1702 (taken for less than 1 month) August 15, 2014

For Atrophic Vaginitis "completely stopped vaginal dryness."

dragon4 May 21, 2014

For Atrophic Vaginitis "Vagifem truly changed my life. Intercourse was almost impossible for me before my doctor prescribed Vagifem. Intercourse felt like knives in my vagina and my tissues were so dry,raw, and painful that I was in constant pain. I have been using it now for about a month and the difference is unbelievable. No more pain or irritation. No side effects so far."

kappin March 31, 2014

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Atrophic Vaginitis "No side effects and saw an immediate improvement, as well as a more peaceful state of mind, which may or may not be in my head, but I don't care. I felt great taking this medication, and it helped with the painful entry/sex that I was experiencing. Now, no problems!"

GoGirl62 February 17, 2014

For Atrophic Vaginitis "It works for me, my insurance does cover some of it but since it is not generic I have to pay almost the whole thing.."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 19, 2012

For Atrophic Vaginitis "At first I didn't have any side effects but the longer I have taken this medication I have been experiencing headaches. I never used to get headaches before and I have had bloating in my abdominal area. "

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 6, 2012

For Atrophic Vaginitis "Vagifem greatly helps me with my atrophic vagnitis. I was having extreme burning and pain. I only wish I did not have to take this the rest of my life like my doctor advised me. The mediciation sometimes gives me a slight headache."

Anonymous February 20, 2012