User Reviews for Vagifem to treat Atrophic Urethritis

Vagifem has an average rating of 7.8 out of 10 from a total of 10 ratings for the treatment of Atrophic Urethritis. 80% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 20% reported a negative effect.

Vagifem Rating Summary

7.8/10 average rating

Compare all 32 medications used in the treatment of Atrophic Urethritis.

Reviews for Vagifem

Lily · Taken for 10 years or more April 1, 2021

“I am 80 years old and I've been taking Vagifem for over 15 years since my surgery (Radical historectomy for uterine cancer). I trusted my doctor completely and have not had any problems with UTI's or vaginal dryness. I also use a KY-gel product after my shower and have no problem reaching a climax with masturbation, my only sexual release at my age. I also get Vagifem from Canadian Pharmacy for one-third the cost in the States. My younger sister could not tolerate Vagifem for many of the negative reports here, but she also didn't have cancer and is able to get relief from other meds. I really appreciate your comments and wish all the best to my sisters-at-large.”

Lou · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 9, 2021

“I am 43 and was sceptical about using Vagifem as did not have vagina dryness which is what it says it’s for, but I have had problems with ongoing leaking bladder since giving birth to very large baby and most recently consistent UTI . All I can say is thank goodness the female doctor I had told me to try this. I have not had any urine leakage at all since I been on it which is a miracle and no bladder infections. There so many women my age with this trouble it should be prescribed more for this it’s so good amazing !”

Mojo · Taken for less than 1 month February 7, 2020

“Have been having very painful cystitis and UTI's for over 4 years, I have been given numerous antibiotics over this time, after 1 to 2 weeks of finishing the course it was back again, was then kept on antibiotics full time, the specialist then suggested vagifem, the first one did sting, so didn't take more, then tried again 3 weeks later, and the pain & inflammation started to ease, after 4 Yr & antibiotics that didn't work I had found a breakthrough med, cannot believe at 57-62 age the GP never thought lack of estrogen could be the cause.”

Bub · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 15, 2018

“Changed my life , was out of my mind with pain and cystitis constantly , never thought for one minute would get any improvement , but vagifem has helped immensely, but if I stop using them I go back to square one , so my gynaecologist said I need them for life , so pray they never stop producing them .”

AmandaH24 August 19, 2016

“After years of suffering with recurrent cystitis, terrible pain in my urethra, bloating, chronic fatigue, I've recently been put on vagifem and the difference has been incredible. Had previously tried antibiotics, over the counter remedies, various herbal treatments - NOTHING worked. I started Vagifem during a bad attack of cystitis and within hours the pain had all but gone. I've also noticed I have more energy, and a little more zest for life! Its early days and I have slight nausea, but so far so good. I'm delighted that something has worked at last.”

dee1702 · Taken for less than 1 month August 15, 2014

“For the past 2 years I have suffered terribly with incontinence. A month ago I decided to go to the doctor and she prescribed Vagifem. It was an instantaneous result. I can even jog now without any leaking. It has changed my life. The only negative thing I find is that I gained 2kg or it can be water retention. But not having incontinence outweighs the water retention/weight gain.”

Fed up April 27, 2020

“I started taking vagifem about 7 weeks ago, on Dr's advice, saying it's more effective than tablets. No leaflet in the box to describe side effects. Like you, Brody, I started feeling dizzy one morning when I was getting out of bed. I felt a bump on my nose and when I opened my eyes, i was on the floor. I fainted and hit my head on the bedside drawer, haven't taken them since.”

Katiebean · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 25, 2020

“I’m 61 and was still suffering from night sweats! The nursed recommended Vagifem ... and yes it really helped to ease my night sweats. I can’t comment on vaginal atrophy etc . But if like me you still suffer from night sweats .. then Vagifem really helped! Thank you”

Joyce 51 February 19, 2016

“awful leg pain, vaginal burning like on fire, back pain, pounding heart, dry cough, stomach pain and diarrhea”

Toni February 21, 2021

“Using Vagifem for years, brilliant but the last time from suffering from a burning has some ingredient changed....maybe I was given a generic?”