User Reviews for Yuvafem

Atrophic Urethritis
2.7

Summary of Yuvafem reviews 3.0 58 reviews

Reviews for Yuvafem

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I am a post-menopausal physician who began using Vagifem in 2011 after a total hysterectomy. I had absolutely no problems with Vagifem. It helped with my urogenital symptoms, such as dryness and urinary frequency. When Yuvafem came out, I was also changed to it via my mail-in pharmacy. I started experiencing a significant increase in vaginal irritation, vulvar dryness, and urinary frequency. I had been having vaginal discharge the day after I inserted the tablet with increased irritation and itching. I never had any significant discharge or irritation when using Vagifem. My symptoms got so bad that at the end of September I went back on brand-name Vagifem. My symptoms have been gradually improving. Given my experience, and the fact that so many others on this site and elsewhere have had a similar issues, I contacted the FDA. I also complained to them in regards to the poor packaging. I feel Yuvafem needs further investigation."

Westwind LIsa November 7, 2018

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I took Vagifem for 5 years for prevention of UTI. It worked very well. My insurance switched to Yuvafem and wouldn't cover Vagifem anymore. So I have been using Yuvafem for the past 2 months. I agree with the reviews: poor packaging (needing scissors to separate the applicators), the tablets coming out of the applicators within the packaging. I don't know about the effectiveness for sure but 2 weeks ago I had my first UTI in 5 years."

Bovary (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 16, 2018

For Atrophic Vaginitis "Vagifem worked fine for years. Then insurance started sending Teva which was horrible. Applicator didn't work right and it was not effective, leaving me sore. Then insurance sent Uvafem. Applicators were better, but the medicine was not helping. In fact, everything was worse. I was sore all the time. Just recently my doctor prescribed brand only (Vagifem), but the insurance wouldn't release it until I used up the other. I argued with them and my doctor wouldn't get involved saying they had no ability to overrule the insurance company. Why does the insurance control our health?? Shouldn't the doctor's change in prescription be enough? Finally, a kindly pharmacist intervened and got me a prescription for Vagifem. I was so desperate I was willing to pay full price, but he was able to get it on my insurance. So glad to hear I am not alone, but wondering how we can get this changed. Insurance companies should not rule our health."

Carol (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 13, 2018

For Atrophic Vaginitis "The application causes cuts inside the vagina due to improper design. The inserted part is not smooth.This product should be taken off the market. "

Robbie (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 12, 2018

For Atrophic Vaginitis "After using this medication for only 2 weeks I called my doctor because of extremely severe vaginal burning. Even after modifying the treatment days symptoms continued. I discontinued this TERRIBLE medicine and all the discomfort, burning pain disappeared. So for the reason I will not use this drug."

Bml (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 2, 2018

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I don't understand all the negative comments. I have finished the two-week buildup phase and now starting on the twice-a week phase. No problem with the packaging. No problems with the pills falling out of the plunger. Pills do not "come out" the next day partially dissolved. No adverse effects from the medication. No problems at all. Even though my doctor said it would take about three months to reach maximum benefit, I already see an improvement. Great medication as far as I'm concerned."

PamJ60 (taken for less than 1 month) October 1, 2018

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I can deal with the crappy packaging---what I cannot accept is the fact that this generic (yuvafem) DOES NOT compare to Vagifem in effectiveness. I am going to complain directly to the FDA. But, in the meantime I will use Estrace cream. I hope they will withdraw this awful generic from the market."

deb64 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 18, 2018

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I find that the yuvafem tablets do not stay in place. Even after being in overnight, the partially dissolved tablet comes out in the toilet. No wonder I am not getting the benefits of the hormone. I have also had the same problems as others with packaging - doses are hard to separate and tablets fall out of dispenser easily. Very poor product. Vagifem was effective for me with none of the above problems."

Bwild (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 10, 2018

For Atrophic Vaginitis "After being on Vagifem for over 15 years, the generic Yuvafem was prescribed - mostly to save money. I agree with the complaints about the packaging. I have to use a scissors to separate the meds, and it is easy to cut open the side and expose the meds to air. So disappointing!"

BJ (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 27, 2018

For Atrophic Vaginitis "This medication is terrible. Applicators are worthless and do not dispense the tablets. I was on vagifem and had no problems whatsoever... Insurance company stated I had to go to yuvafem. Constant achy feeling, constant feeling of needing to urinate. It's so frustrating. For me to go back to vagifem my copay is $180 which I cannot afford. My physician even wrote the insurance company a letter stating that it was medically necessary for me to use the vagifem due to the side effects of the yuvafem but that I needed it at the generic cost. Of course insurance company says no way. "

Ginger (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 28, 2018

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I have been using Yuvafem for one month. As soon as I used the product, that night, I woke up with hot flashes. I am 74 years old. I don' t think hot flashes is a good reaction to this product. Going to try to get original vagifem back."

Gloria (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 24, 2018

For Atrophic Vaginitis "Used Vagifem for many years=excellent product. Insurance then switched to Yuvafem=obvious cheaper packaging & lesser quality applicator, but still effective medication for me. Then insurance switched me to Teva=nightmare of product to use due to defective applicator. Now insurance has switched back to Yuvafem, but now pharmacy has been telling me for 3 months that company says out if stock. !!!"

Mandilyn June 9, 2018

For Atrophic Vaginitis "Unusual discharge which eventually stopped after I stopped using medication."

Lioness (taken for less than 1 month) May 25, 2018

For Atrophic Vaginitis "Never had a problem with the drug or the packaging. I think the packaging is very hygienic and no pills fell out of the applicator. The medicine works for me. Only problem is the very high price since Medicare and my insurance do not pay anything toward the price of the drug. As a generic, I hope the price comes down as I will be on this medication indefinitely."

Junebug (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 8, 2018

For Atrophic Vaginitis "The packaging is ok. Could be better. Insurance covers (generic). I have been taking this for almost 2 months and my joints in my legs are killing me. I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this side affect."

Nan l (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 9, 2018

For Atrophic Vaginitis "After suffering through the defective Teva pharmaceuticals applicator, I have switched from Teva pharmaceuticals generic vagifem to Yuvafem and the Yuvafem applicator works like a charm. Thanks Yuvafem!"

Dina (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 1, 2018

For Atrophic Vaginitis "Initially it was great. And on the upside it is effectively treating the vaginal atrophy. But now a year later, for the couple of days after each insert, I have discharge to the point that it feels like urinary incontinence. It's uncomfortable, and frankly it's gross. I have to wear a panty liner theres so much of it."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 12, 2018

For Atrophic Urethritis "I have not noticed any performance difference between Vagifem vs. Yuvafem. However, the packaging is terrible. I need scissors to separate the applicators from each other; when received the foil often is ripped and plungers are often pushed in thus releasing the drug tablet. Since I have frequent UTIs I am NOT following advice to manually insert the tablet if it is not in the applicator. My HMO is only looking at the cost factor and it is very frustrating to be supplied with a very inferior drug product."

New Grandma (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 8, 2018

For Atrophic Vaginitis "Noticed absolutely minimal difference. Not effective period."

FlaParadise (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 1, 2018

For Atrophic Vaginitis "Used Vagifem for many years, then the BIG SWITCH! Yuvafem is awful! I agree about the packaging being non-user friendly, but I learned to deal with it. The main issue for me is how much this product makes me smell "down there." Such a strong, pungent odor - ugh! Itching is a problem also. From now on, I will be paying the increased $$ for Vagifem - worth it to me, even though I resent this extreme increase the ins. companies are making us pay!"

If it works, why change it?? (taken for less than 1 month) January 27, 2018

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I have no problems with the packaging at all. The pills don’t fall out. The insertion is easy. The effectiveness is fairly good, not great. I do have a bad smell from using it, which I hate. To really get good effect I have to use it every other day."

MtnKaren (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 19, 2018

"I've been on Vagifem for years for post menopausal vaginal dryness. Worked great. Yuvafem causes ugly glop of yellow discharge about a day after applied, lasting a day or so. It seems to dispense itself all at once. Vagifem is much more uniform and graceful about its effects."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 2, 2018

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I agree packaging is horrible, the last pack I opened every pill was out of the applicator. I don’t believe it is identical to vagifem, but my symptoms are still under control after 4 months of using this product."

Nbit December 22, 2017

For Atrophic Vaginitis "After years of successful use of Vagifem, I switched to Yuvafem and all my symptoms returned. There is no way that this drug is identical to Vagifem. I wish I had heeded the other warnings on this website and not wasted money on this useless drug."

Beeeaa December 6, 2017

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I'm glad I found this site as I now know that others are experiencing the same frustration with the generic form of Vagifem. I did well on Vagifem for 4 yrs. When generic Yuvafem was dispensed for my Rx I thought there was some decrease in potency. The packaging is awful - must use scissors to separate units or leave intact & carefully slice through foil with your fingernail to remove product-hoping that the pill remains intact in the process. Recently Yuvafem was replaced with a new mfg - Teva. I can't believe this is actually medication. My s/s of an 'impending UTI' (urgency, frequency) have returned after approx 4 weeks use of Teva product. Not effective at all."

FG88 December 3, 2017