User Reviews for Yuvafem

Atrophic Urethritis
2.7

Summary of Yuvafem reviews 3.1 50 reviews

Reviews for Yuvafem

For Atrophic Vaginitis "After being on Vagifem for over 15 years, the generic Yuvafem was prescribed - mostly to save money. I agree with the complaints about the packaging. I have to use a scissors to separate the meds, and it is easy to cut open the side and expose the meds to air. So disappointing!"

BJ (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 27, 2018

For Atrophic Vaginitis "This medication is terrible. Applicators are worthless and do not dispense the tablets. I was on vagifem and had no problems whatsoever... Insurance company stated I had to go to yuvafem. Constant achy feeling, constant feeling of needing to urinate. It's so frustrating. For me to go back to vagifem my copay is $180 which I cannot afford. My physician even wrote the insurance company a letter stating that it was medically necessary for me to use the vagifem due to the side effects of the yuvafem but that I needed it at the generic cost. Of course insurance company says no way. "

Ginger (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 28, 2018

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I have been using Yuvafem for one month. As soon as I used the product, that night, I woke up with hot flashes. I am 74 years old. I don' t think hot flashes is a good reaction to this product. Going to try to get original vagifem back."

Gloria (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 24, 2018

For Atrophic Vaginitis "Used Vagifem for many years=excellent product. Insurance then switched to Yuvafem=obvious cheaper packaging & lesser quality applicator, but still effective medication for me. Then insurance switched me to Teva=nightmare of product to use due to defective applicator. Now insurance has switched back to Yuvafem, but now pharmacy has been telling me for 3 months that company says out if stock. !!!"

Mandilyn June 9, 2018

For Atrophic Vaginitis "Unusual discharge which eventually stopped after I stopped using medication."

Lioness (taken for less than 1 month) May 25, 2018

For Atrophic Vaginitis "Never had a problem with the drug or the packaging. I think the packaging is very hygienic and no pills fell out of the applicator. The medicine works for me. Only problem is the very high price since Medicare and my insurance do not pay anything toward the price of the drug. As a generic, I hope the price comes down as I will be on this medication indefinitely."

Junebug (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 8, 2018

For Atrophic Vaginitis "The packaging is ok. Could be better. Insurance covers (generic). I have been taking this for almost 2 months and my joints in my legs are killing me. I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this side affect."

Nan l (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 9, 2018

For Atrophic Vaginitis "After suffering through the defective Teva pharmaceuticals applicator, I have switched from Teva pharmaceuticals generic vagifem to Yuvafem and the Yuvafem applicator works like a charm. Thanks Yuvafem!"

Dina (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 1, 2018

For Atrophic Vaginitis "Initially it was great. And on the upside it is effectively treating the vaginal atrophy. But now a year later, for the couple of days after each insert, I have discharge to the point that it feels like urinary incontinence. It's uncomfortable, and frankly it's gross. I have to wear a panty liner theres so much of it."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 12, 2018

For Atrophic Urethritis "I have not noticed any performance difference between Vagifem vs. Yuvafem. However, the packaging is terrible. I need scissors to separate the applicators from each other; when received the foil often is ripped and plungers are often pushed in thus releasing the drug tablet. Since I have frequent UTIs I am NOT following advice to manually insert the tablet if it is not in the applicator. My HMO is only looking at the cost factor and it is very frustrating to be supplied with a very inferior drug product."

New Grandma (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 8, 2018

For Atrophic Vaginitis "Noticed absolutely minimal difference. Not effective period."

FlaParadise (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 1, 2018

For Atrophic Vaginitis "Used Vagifem for many years, then the BIG SWITCH! Yuvafem is awful! I agree about the packaging being non-user friendly, but I learned to deal with it. The main issue for me is how much this product makes me smell "down there." Such a strong, pungent odor - ugh! Itching is a problem also. From now on, I will be paying the increased $$ for Vagifem - worth it to me, even though I resent this extreme increase the ins. companies are making us pay!"

If it works, why change it?? (taken for less than 1 month) January 27, 2018

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I have no problems with the packaging at all. The pills don’t fall out. The insertion is easy. The effectiveness is fairly good, not great. I do have a bad smell from using it, which I hate. To really get good effect I have to use it every other day."

MtnKaren (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 19, 2018

"I've been on Vagifem for years for post menopausal vaginal dryness. Worked great. Yuvafem causes ugly glop of yellow discharge about a day after applied, lasting a day or so. It seems to dispense itself all at once. Vagifem is much more uniform and graceful about its effects."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 2, 2018

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I agree packaging is horrible, the last pack I opened every pill was out of the applicator. I don’t believe it is identical to vagifem, but my symptoms are still under control after 4 months of using this product."

Nbit December 22, 2017

For Atrophic Vaginitis "After years of successful use of Vagifem, I switched to Yuvafem and all my symptoms returned. There is no way that this drug is identical to Vagifem. I wish I had heeded the other warnings on this website and not wasted money on this useless drug."

Beeeaa December 6, 2017

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I'm glad I found this site as I now know that others are experiencing the same frustration with the generic form of Vagifem. I did well on Vagifem for 4 yrs. When generic Yuvafem was dispensed for my Rx I thought there was some decrease in potency. The packaging is awful - must use scissors to separate units or leave intact & carefully slice through foil with your fingernail to remove product-hoping that the pill remains intact in the process. Recently Yuvafem was replaced with a new mfg - Teva. I can't believe this is actually medication. My s/s of an 'impending UTI' (urgency, frequency) have returned after approx 4 weeks use of Teva product. Not effective at all."

FG88 December 3, 2017

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I did well on vagifem. Now on Yuvafem the itching is ridiculous. It does help the vaginitis smell but I am itching like mad! I thought I wasn’t doing it regularly enough or too much so I tried both for a month each. Now I am calling the doctor to cancel this prescription. I can’t afford vagifem right now but THIS ISN'T WORKING. And yeah, the pills all fall out of the applicator and don’t seem to dissolve well. Plus so much environmental waste!!"

KateM27 November 29, 2017

For Atrophic Vaginitis "Absolutely hate the packaging. Vagifem's was so much better. I need scissors to cut the applicators apart, versus just tearing with Vagifem. Two times in 2 weeks the tablets were found stuck to my slippers or pj bottoms because they fell out. What a crappy packaging method and applicator issue that would be so easy for them to correct! As far as effectiveness goes, I see no difference between this drug and Vagifem, but I still wish I could use Vagifem - too expensive though."

NicknameDeeDee November 28, 2017

For Atrophic Vaginitis "The applicator does not hold in the pills. They fall out and cannot be replaced in the slit in the applicator where they belong. I complained to the manufacturer (Amneal). Dr. Hemang Maisuria, Dir. of Drug Safety, responded that I should just "carefully put it back into the applicator for insertion. Please keep your hands clean and dry while handling the tablet." Also suggested the problem was "potential mishandling during transport of the product after leaving Amneal's control." In other words, we take no responsibility for quality! Fortunately, there are options to this product!"

PattiKatherine November 19, 2017

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I too was on Vagifem for about 1 1/2 years when my Insurance switched me to Yuvafem. After 2 months I was getting a lot of Hot Flashes and the Vaginal dryness started to come back, I did appeal to my Insurance Company and they just approved for me to get the Vagifem back instead. I have a feeling my copay will go from $30. to $50. but it's worth it to get results. I had no issues with insertion or anything like that but do believe either the pill dissolved too quickly or too slowly and that is why I was having my symptoms return"

Tekay (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 15, 2017

For Atrophic Vaginitis "Applicators are uncomfortable. Not as effective as Vagifem for some reason even though dosage is supposedly identical."

BrklynGirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 18, 2017

For Atrophic Vaginitis "The packaging is too much. Too much foil that rips and cut your fingers when you’re trying to tear one of the applicators off, which does not come off evenly ever. On at least two occasions there was no tablet in the applicator, therefore useless. One time the applicator didn’t have a plunger and I could not get the tablet out to insert it manually. Never ever had any of these issues with Vagifem."

Cjg12 October 11, 2017

For Atrophic Vaginitis "This product is far inferior to Vagifem. I am so sad insurance companies are forcing us to use this due to expense. Packaging is terrible and I don't get anywhere near the comfort and relief as from Vagifem. I'm not sure how they differ but it should be removed from market or fixed. I've used Vagifem for 8 years due to dryness and feeling like a UTI. I've now had 5 UTIs in a row and feel Yuvafem is part of the problem."

Jefs (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 8, 2017

For Atrophic Vaginitis "What is with the disposable applicators? I'm a grown woman and can handle pushing a pill inside my own vagina. What I can't handle is throwing so much plastic straight into a landfill. Vaginas don't have to be uber-sterile. I can't justify so much waste, so even if this stuff works well, I'll have to try something else. I guess the cream has a reusable applicator?"

ChickyLawndart October 8, 2017