User Reviews for Yuvafem

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Yuvafem.

Atrophic Vaginitis
3.1

Atrophic Urethritis

Summary of Yuvafem reviews 3.0 36 reviews

Reviews for Yuvafem

For Atrophic Vaginitis "After years of successful use of Vagifem, I switched to Yuvafem and all my symptoms returned. There is no way that this drug is identical to Vagifem. I wish I had heeded the other warnings on this website and not wasted money on this useless drug."

Beeeaa December 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I'm glad I found this site as I now know that others are experiencing the same frustration with the generic form of Vagifem. I did well on Vagifem for 4 yrs. When generic Yuvafem was dispensed for my Rx I thought there was some decrease in potency. The packaging is awful - must use scissors to separate units or leave intact & carefully slice through foil with your fingernail to remove product-hoping that the pill remains intact in the process. Recently Yuvafem was replaced with a new mfg - Teva. I can't believe this is actually medication. My s/s of an 'impending UTI' (urgency, frequency) have returned after approx 4 weeks use of Teva product. Not effective at all."

FG88 December 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I did well on vagifem. Now on Yuvafem the itching is ridiculous. It does help the vaginitis smell but I am itching like mad! I thought I wasn’t doing it regularly enough or too much so I tried both for a month each. Now I am calling the doctor to cancel this prescription. I can’t afford vagifem right now but THIS ISN'T WORKING. And yeah, the pills all fall out of the applicator and don’t seem to dissolve well. Plus so much environmental waste!!"

KateM27 November 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Atrophic Vaginitis "Absolutely hate the packaging. Vagifem's was so much better. I need scissors to cut the applicators apart, versus just tearing with Vagifem. Two times in 2 weeks the tablets were found stuck to my slippers or pj bottoms because they fell out. What a crappy packaging method and applicator issue that would be so easy for them to correct! As far as effectiveness goes, I see no difference between this drug and Vagifem, but I still wish I could use Vagifem - too expensive though."

NicknameDeeDee November 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Atrophic Vaginitis "The applicator does not hold in the pills. They fall out and cannot be replaced in the slit in the applicator where they belong. I complained to the manufacturer (Amneal). Dr. Hemang Maisuria, Dir. of Drug Safety, responded that I should just "carefully put it back into the applicator for insertion. Please keep your hands clean and dry while handling the tablet." Also suggested the problem was "potential mishandling during transport of the product after leaving Amneal's control." In other words, we take no responsibility for quality! Fortunately, there are options to this product!"

PattiKatherine November 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I too was on Vagifem for about 1 1/2 years when my Insurance switched me to Yuvafem. After 2 months I was getting a lot of Hot Flashes and the Vaginal dryness started to come back, I did appeal to my Insurance Company and they just approved for me to get the Vagifem back instead. I have a feeling my copay will go from $30. to $50. but it's worth it to get results. I had no issues with insertion or anything like that but do believe either the pill dissolved too quickly or too slowly and that is why I was having my symptoms return"

Tekay (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Atrophic Vaginitis "Applicators are uncomfortable. Not as effective as Vagifem for some reason even though dosage is supposedly identical."

BrklynGirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Atrophic Vaginitis "The packaging is too much. Too much foil that rips and cut your fingers when you’re trying to tear one of the applicators off, which does not come off evenly ever. On at least two occasions there was no tablet in the applicator, therefore useless. One time the applicator didn’t have a plunger and I could not get the tablet out to insert it manually. Never ever had any of these issues with Vagifem."

Cjg12 October 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Atrophic Vaginitis "This product is far inferior to Vagifem. I am so sad insurance companies are forcing us to use this due to expense. Packaging is terrible and I don't get anywhere near the comfort and relief as from Vagifem. I'm not sure how they differ but it should be removed from market or fixed. I've used Vagifem for 8 years due to dryness and feeling like a UTI. I've now had 5 UTIs in a row and feel Yuvafem is part of the problem."

Jefs (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Atrophic Vaginitis "What is with the disposable applicators? I'm a grown woman and can handle pushing a pill inside my own vagina. What I can't handle is throwing so much plastic straight into a landfill. Vaginas don't have to be uber-sterile. I can't justify so much waste, so even if this stuff works well, I'll have to try something else. I guess the cream has a reusable applicator?"

ChickyLawndart October 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I had good results with this in using it for 1 month as directed. I found it easy to use. I didn't experience any negatives like others mentioned. The only problem was the cost. $95.00 a month and that's with insurance. I asked my doctor if there is anything cheaper and she told me to used Crisco 2x a week and Yuvafem once a week. I have and it works! I have not experienced pain during intercourse and I cut the cost of using Yuvafem in half. It sounds weird, but I thought it was worth sharing."

Becky w September 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Atrophic Vaginitis "As others have stated the packaging is awful. Pills don't stay on the applicator, or fall out after being inserted. Had to switch from Vagifem to Yuvafem in Jan because of insurance cost. Going to be 65 in Nov so I want to make sure I'll be able to afford Vagifem. On the generic, I've had a strange discharge I never had before, vaginal tearing during intercourse and more urgency. Thank you to all who have shared their experiences. I don't feel alone in this. Our doctors need to know there is a huge difference between the generic and original brand (Vagifem)."

Rosie NC (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was switched from vagifem to yuvafem when this generic came out. The tablet does not dissolve inside and I have experienced problems, including dryness and discomfort and recently, a urinary tract infection that I think may be related to the yuvafem. I am going back to vagifem. The yuvafem is NOT the same and should be taken off the market!"

westchestergal (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 31, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Atrophic Vaginitis "Awful product. Was on Vagifem for 25 years, great product. Got switched to Yuvifem when it came out. Within a week I had horrible dryness and itching, vaginal tissue tearing and pain. It's like it's a placebo. Like others, I've asked my doctor to make my prescription brand only for Vagifem at much higher cost since it works. They need to rework Yuvifem so it actually is a working generic version. I emailed the manufacturer... everyone should."

J.m.c (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Atrophic Vaginitis "This medicine is a waste of money. I pay $136.00 for 8 of these pills. I follow the directions, using them at bedtime. This is perfect since I don't generally get up during the night to use the bathroom. However, when I wake up in the morning the first thing I do is use the bathroom. Why is that ding dong pill in the toilet? I have tried pushing it further back into the vaginal and its still the same results. I am skeptical of meds that lie in place for hours on. It has not improved my condition at all but empty my purse. Not refilling the prescription. This morning I found after not seeing the pill when I first went to the bathroom, I thought well it is finally working. WRONG! 9:00 bathroom break, what do I see? That stupid pill."

Jennufer (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Atrophic Vaginitis "No problems with Vagifem. After using Yuvafem for a couple of weeks I started getting a discharge and feeling like I had an infection with burning and itching. It feels as if I am allergic to something in the drug. Going back to Vagifem."

BlankyM (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Atrophic Vaginitis "Was using vagifem for several years and felt felt great no side effects. Was sent the generic yuvafem. Agree about loose tablets and wasting the med as they would fall out of the dispenser. But when I started having side effects such as weight gain,10 pounds, feet swelling and cramping I switched back to vagifem. Now have to visit gyno to make sure everything is ok."

Mary belle July 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I had been using Vagifem for over 10 years. It definitely helped my vag atrophy symptoms as well as improved minor urine leakage issues. Six weeks ago I was switched to Yuvafem. My first observation was with the packaging - the perforations between the individual units were nearly impossible to separate and when I did, the foil cover of the adjacent units would break open. I use a scissors now to cut them apart. Secondly, after about 4 weeks, I've noticed that vaginal irritation and urine leakage symptoms are returning. I'll use up my present 90-day supply and see how things go, but if symptoms worsen any more, I will ask my doc for a DAW (Dispense As Written) Vagifem prescription. I'll be willing to pay the significantly larger co-pay."

MNGal (taken for 10 years or more) July 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I was switched from Vagifem to Yuvafem by OptumRx and my vaginal atrophy worsened. I had heavy discharge and everything felt really uncomfortable down there, like I was having some sort of allergic reaction. I stopped using it and my symptoms got a little better. So I talked to my doctor and asked her to specify no generic substitution on my prescription. The copay for Vagifem is higher, but it is really worth it to me. Vaginal atrophy is terrible and Vagifem is the one medication that has really helped me."

SweetPeaMarie June 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Atrophic Vaginitis "My doctor put me on Vagifem in December and within weeks I felt great. In April I got my refill and it was switched to Yuvafem, by mid May all my symptoms were coming back and I was miserable, constantly felt like I had a UTI and the dryness and burning were awful. My doctor switched me back to brand name and I am slowly improving again. Yuvafem did not work for me at all. I agree with the others that the packaging was terrible as well, I had to use scissors to open each one and then the tablets would fall out because they were not in the applicators."

Catdot June 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Atrophic Vaginitis "This product works great for me. I can't figure out why so many women can't get the applicator out of the foil packaging????? Really??? Cuts? Losing the little tablet?? I have no problem whatsoever."

Mrs JJJ June 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Atrophic Vaginitis "Terrible packaging and not effective. Cut my finger...Maybe the company should be investigating the results and packaging if their product before they end up with a class action law suit."

Miserable Mary (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Atrophic Urethritis "I have used Vagifem for years succesfully. Tried Yuvafem... excited about the price drop. After 2 months of use I am in agony. Dr. confirmed no UTI but without hormones it mimics one exactly. Called Dr. and said brand name only for me from now on. Noticed on the box that the first ingredient was corn starch. No wonder it didn't dissolve or work for me. Hope you have better luck."

123Diddles (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Atrophic Vaginitis "Awful product!!!!! I was excited that a generic was offered. The price was unbelievable compared to Vagifem but I am going back to the brand name. Price does not compare to comfort. I do not recommend this product."

Anagrey (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Atrophic Vaginitis "Just recently switched from vagifem to Yuvafem and find the new generic Yuvafem ineffective and more difficult to use. The packaging alone is unacceptable. Individual applicators cannot be separated; perforations are useless, but the foil wrapping is sharp after opening and I received a one inch cut on one of my fingers!! The medication itself is different and does not seem to work. It cause more discharge and other unpleasant changes. No wonder it is cheaper. I am asking my doctor for name brand only (Vagifem) prescription."

Bernie 2 April 15, 2017