User Reviews for Yuvafem (Page 3)

Atrophic Vaginitis

Atrophic Urethritis
2.7

Summary of Yuvafem reviews 3.0 69 reviews

Reviews for Yuvafem

For Atrophic Vaginitis "Was using vagifem for several years and felt felt great no side effects. Was sent the generic yuvafem. Agree about loose tablets and wasting the med as they would fall out of the dispenser. But when I started having side effects such as weight gain,10 pounds, feet swelling and cramping I switched back to vagifem. Now have to visit gyno to make sure everything is ok."

Mary belle July 15, 2017

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I had been using Vagifem for over 10 years. It definitely helped my vag atrophy symptoms as well as improved minor urine leakage issues. Six weeks ago I was switched to Yuvafem. My first observation was with the packaging - the perforations between the individual units were nearly impossible to separate and when I did, the foil cover of the adjacent units would break open. I use a scissors now to cut them apart. Secondly, after about 4 weeks, I've noticed that vaginal irritation and urine leakage symptoms are returning. I'll use up my present 90-day supply and see how things go, but if symptoms worsen any more, I will ask my doc for a DAW (Dispense As Written) Vagifem prescription. I'll be willing to pay the significantly larger co-pay."

MNGal (taken for 10 years or more) July 10, 2017

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I was switched from Vagifem to Yuvafem by OptumRx and my vaginal atrophy worsened. I had heavy discharge and everything felt really uncomfortable down there, like I was having some sort of allergic reaction. I stopped using it and my symptoms got a little better. So I talked to my doctor and asked her to specify no generic substitution on my prescription. The copay for Vagifem is higher, but it is really worth it to me. Vaginal atrophy is terrible and Vagifem is the one medication that has really helped me."

SweetPeaMarie June 28, 2017

For Atrophic Vaginitis "My doctor put me on Vagifem in December and within weeks I felt great. In April I got my refill and it was switched to Yuvafem, by mid May all my symptoms were coming back and I was miserable, constantly felt like I had a UTI and the dryness and burning were awful. My doctor switched me back to brand name and I am slowly improving again. Yuvafem did not work for me at all. I agree with the others that the packaging was terrible as well, I had to use scissors to open each one and then the tablets would fall out because they were not in the applicators."

Catdot June 21, 2017

For Atrophic Vaginitis "This product works great for me. I can't figure out why so many women can't get the applicator out of the foil packaging????? Really??? Cuts? Losing the little tablet?? I have no problem whatsoever."

Mrs JJJ June 15, 2017

For Atrophic Vaginitis "Terrible packaging and not effective. Cut my finger...Maybe the company should be investigating the results and packaging if their product before they end up with a class action law suit."

Miserable Mary (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 21, 2017

For Atrophic Urethritis "I have used Vagifem for years succesfully. Tried Yuvafem... excited about the price drop. After 2 months of use I am in agony. Dr. confirmed no UTI but without hormones it mimics one exactly. Called Dr. and said brand name only for me from now on. Noticed on the box that the first ingredient was corn starch. No wonder it didn't dissolve or work for me. Hope you have better luck."

123Diddles (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 9, 2017

For Atrophic Vaginitis "Awful product!!!!! I was excited that a generic was offered. The price was unbelievable compared to Vagifem but I am going back to the brand name. Price does not compare to comfort. I do not recommend this product."

Anagrey (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 18, 2017

For Atrophic Vaginitis "Just recently switched from vagifem to Yuvafem and find the new generic Yuvafem ineffective and more difficult to use. The packaging alone is unacceptable. Individual applicators cannot be separated; perforations are useless, but the foil wrapping is sharp after opening and I received a one inch cut on one of my fingers!! The medication itself is different and does not seem to work. It cause more discharge and other unpleasant changes. No wonder it is cheaper. I am asking my doctor for name brand only (Vagifem) prescription."

Bernie 2 April 15, 2017

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I was a regular user of Vagifem and was very pleased with the results. It made sex comfortable again. I saw there was a generic available and tried it to try to save some money. This product is terrible. Everything about it is ten notches below Vagifem. You can't separate the foil packages. The applicator is sharp on the end. One of my doses was empty... and I pay $15 each. The pill does not dissolve inside you. When showering the next day I find the tablet just sitting up there undissolved. My vaginal dryness is back to where it was before beginning Vagifem. I am a 62 yr old woman with active sex life, my insurance will no longer pay for brand. I wish they would have more time before releasing. I hate everything about it."

LDn March 7, 2017

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I am 67 years old, postmenopausal for 9 years, with typical vaginal dryness but no other issues. No problems with either Vagifem tablets or Estrace cream in the past. I had more vaginal discharge with Yuvafem. After 2 months on Yuvafem I developed vaginal spotting, fever, and a kidney infection! Was treated with oral antibiotics, and within a couple of days the vaginal spotting stopped as well. My GYN has since found a benign cervical polyp and attributed the spotting to that, but I'm not convinced. I have never suffered from UTIs so this was too much of a coincidence. I believe the excessive discharge from Yuvafem led to bacterial overgrowth, spotting, and subsequent urinary tract/kidney infection. I'm back to Estrace cream."

Not a fan of Yuvafem (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 5, 2017

For Atrophic Vaginitis "Product worked for me but the packaging is terrible, I had similar experience to the other reviewers. The individual doses will tear apart like the perforation indicates. Then the pill on the end of the applicator falls out wherever - in the package, on the floor, in the sink, etc. My insurance will not cover so the cost is $30-40 a pill. This is like gold so I can't just throw the contaminated pill away. How yucky to have to insert a pill into my body that can't be sterile anymore. I don't care if the cost if higher, I am back to Vagifem."

Anonymous February 28, 2017

For Atrophic Vaginitis "Like just about all the other reviews here, I find the packaging terrible. The perforations between applicators mean nothing; you cannot break them apart. I have to use scissors to cut apart the joined applicators. I've used Vagifem for years and it breaks apart into individual applications easily. I just called my doctor to change the prescription to brand name only!"

Ruth L February 23, 2017

For Atrophic Vaginitis "Several pills have been wasted because they fell out of the applicator and onto the floor. Maybe that's what they want so you will have to go through the product faster..."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 16, 2017

For Atrophic Vaginitis "The packaging is HORRIBLE! Take a page from Vagifem and work on the delivery!"

1965bulldog12 February 13, 2017

For Atrophic Vaginitis "It seems to work the same as Vagifem, but costs me nothing! Wahoo!!!! I agree with the other reviews about the packaging, but its just a mild inconvenience, I would rather just use my nail to slide the foil back off and save myself the $100. plus a month it used to cost for the vagifem!"

dallas girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 27, 2017

For Atrophic Vaginitis "My pharmacy filled my usual Vagifem prescription with the new generic form. It is like using a placebo. I am asking my doctor to prescribe brand only from now on, and will gladly pay the $275/month out of pocket until my insurance will cover it again. Terrible product!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 19, 2017

For Atrophic Vaginitis "Very glad to see that there's a generic for Vagifem, which I had wonderful results with. However, the blister packaging on Yuvafem is ridiculously bad. It's impossible to separate the single-use applicators using the perforations without tearing the foil wrapping on multiple applicators. Being able to separate is very handy for travel, etc. Please fix the packaging and make it functional!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 15, 2017

For Atrophic Vaginitis "The packaging is horrible!!!! The company obviously did not think through the way it is packaged-impossible to break apart and the pills come out of inserter and end up on floor....or worse in the toilet! It is frustrating enough to make me consider switching to another option. Generic is great but not at the expense of making them extremely difficult to use. And it still is quite expensive!!!"

Schonebeeem (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2017

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I am glad there is a generic to Vagifem which I have used for years. My only criticism is the packaging. The perforations between doses does not come apart. I have to use a scissors and even then the covering gets ripped. In addition, many of the small dosage tablets have come out of the plastic inserter once I've managed to open the covering. I have to reinsert the tablet manually into the bottom of the plastic inserter. The whole inside packaging needs to be revamped."

BRCook (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2017

For Atrophic Urethritis "I have been treated successfully for atrophic vaginitis with Vagifem for six years. Unfortunately, because I now have Medicare with supplemental insurance, I have had to get a month's supply of Yuvafem, the new generic for Vagifem, until I can get the brand Vagifem from Canada. The first thing I noticed is how poorly the Yuvafem is package. when trying to separate the applicators, the packaging covering the pill area broke open, and I ended up having to cut the applicators apart. Now I wonder if the medication is also substandard product. Of course, in the U.S., we are unable to tell were our prescription medications are made, where as in other countries, that information is available."

Brook Dancer December 7, 2016