User Reviews for Estrace

Estrace has an average rating of 7.4 out of 10 from a total of 12 ratings on Drugs.com. 64% of those users who reviewed Estrace reported a positive effect, while 18% reported a negative effect.

Postmenopausal Symptoms
Atrophic Vaginitis
Hypoestrogenism
10.0
Primary Ovarian Failure
Summary of Estrace reviews 7.4 12 reviews

Phe · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 30, 2020

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I'm on 3 hormones and this one I have allergic reaction to. Caused me migraines, made me feel like I had a cold, low grade temp and exacerbated my Fibromyalgia symptoms”

Mela · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 26, 2019

For Atrophic Vaginitis: “This is much better than the generic. It is costing me nearly $430 a month, but it is worth it. I have a high-stress job, so my body eats it up. I have been using the generic for years and I felt it should be working better, it just wasn't doing it for me. I decided to try the real one. It took a month and a half for my body to adjust, but once it did, I felt ten years younger. I can now work five days a week, which helps to pay for the medication. I no longer require a nap, the bottom of my feet do not have dry skin anymore, my face looks younger, it filled out. I don't have that gaunt look as much. The atrophy in my vagina is gone. I feel like exercising and doing things outside of the house. It is worth the money, but it is a shame that it cost so much.”

Lori March 26, 2018

For Atrophic Vaginitis: “Using this twice a week. Much more comfortable now with much less pain”

Anonymous June 6, 2014

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “Love it, no hot flashes or mood changes and feel like having sex again. Breasts have enlarged but are not painful. Taking 1 mg tablets, hope I never have to give up my wonder pill. Have been taking it for years and I am 70 years old.”

Elaine00 · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 11, 2014

For Hypoestrogenism: “I had a total/full Hysterctomy in Jan of 2006. I was put on Estrace/Estradoil 1mg at the time. Pending on the person, we are all different. 1 mg, I still had bad hot flashes, terrible or nasty temper, dizziness, feeling faint, very moody, feelings of rage. My Gyn put me up to a 2mg tablet. It worked, the rage feelings, dizziness, and most of the sweating and hot flashes eased or went away. I felt human again, and in control of my thoughts, and actions. It feels good not to have that terrible rage. I was at this time not receiving the right dose, it was to low. This week my gyn put me back on 1mg of Estrace, all those horrible feelings came back and quickly. My body again, was not getting enough hormone of estrogen and back on 2mg's.”

CityGal212 December 18, 2017

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “Works great for vaginal atrophy. MD put me on 2 wks of 1mg nightly of vaginal estrace, followed by 1mg 2x a week. It's a bit messy so may opt for the Mona Lisa Touch laser for atrophy in the long run, but this does help greatly with lubrication and plumping atrophied vaginal tissues. I went into menopause at 30 due to surgical menopause so this made me feel more confident about myself sexually.”

Anonymous January 14, 2011

For Primary Ovarian Failure: “I've been on Estrace for just over 2 years to treat Primary Ovarian Failure. I have grown about 3 inches taller, my breasts have not increased in size, they are just constantly sore. I have been getting a lot of discharge, which is not overly pleasant. I get dizzy spells sometimes. I have gained about 15 pounds in 2 years again not the greatest, but my growth could have something to do with it. Acne, comes and goes sometimes it is horrible, other times my skin is great! My feet have also grown 1.5 sizes. I am very moody. That comes along with being young though. Overall, I would give it a 6/10, as I did not notice too many pleasant side effects, however it handled my problem inside.”

Anonymous September 23, 2009

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “Works well with mood swings and hot flashes. Side effects are not that great for me, I have dizziness and sore breasts, however both seem to be dissipating as I go through my first month's doses.”

Honeygirl9 May 13, 2017

For Hypoestrogenism: “Break into my house, steal EVERYTHING I own. But keep your hands OFF my Estrace.”

Anonymous August 26, 2009

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “Works good but my co-pay with Insurance is very expensive.”

simpletoo December 4, 2017

For Atrophic Vaginitis: “try using castor oil..and look up castor oil packs also”

SweetSydney · Taken for less than 1 month June 2, 2017

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “The Estrace cream burned me so severely, I have open sores.”