Estrace Vaginal Cream - How long before improvement in atrophic vaginitis ?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on April 5, 2023.
Vaginal atrophy can be treated with topical estrogen including Estrace Vaginal Cream and it can take 3 to 4 weeks to reach its maximum effect.
Atrophic vaginitis is an inflammation or irritation of the vagina caused by thinning and shrinking of the tissues of the vagina and decreased lubrication of the vaginal walls. This is due to a lack of estrogen.
The cream is inserted in the vagina daily initially for 1 to 2 weeks then once symptoms have improved reduced to 1 to 3 times a week .
Related medical questions
- How long does it take for Vagifem to dissolve?
- How does Imvexxy work to treat dyspareunia (painful sex) due to menopause?
Related support groups
- Estrace Vaginal Cream (21 questions, 62 members)
- Estrace (19 questions, 68 members)
- Atrophic Vaginitis (16 questions, 68 members)