User Reviews for Estrace Vaginal Cream

Atrophic Urethritis
5.4

Summary of Estrace Vaginal Cream reviews 6.9 56 reviews

Reviews for Estrace Vaginal Cream

For Atrophic Vaginitis "This cream has been a miracle. I had a hysterectomy 20 years ago and have been off estrogens for at least 15 years. About five years ago started having all kinds of vaginal discomfort. I think I was also battling a bacterial infection. Tried everything for that too. Finally settled on using boric acid capsules once a week for quite some time and the estrace three times a week. I used about 1gram. After several months finally I was able to stop the boric acid. I also was able to cut my estrace back to once a week 1gram. Before using this I was so sensitive that I would be burning and itching just from wiping with toilet paper. The tissue was so thin it looked shrivelled up down there. I noticed I had what appeared to be blood blisters on my labia which have gone away. The skin has plumped up too and is so much healthier. I would give this a ten except the cost is ridiculous."

menopausal lady August 10, 2018

For Atrophic Vaginitis "For those who commented about burning from using Estrace...I also had burning from it. My research led me to believe that the propylene glycol and/or glycerin in the product were the culprits. I switched to a hypoallergenic form of estradiol from a good compounding pharmacy and that solved the problem. No burning and the estradiol was so helpful."

Anon (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 19, 2018

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I’ve only been on estrace for a week, my symptoms? Hot flashes day and night, mood swings, I’d go up to the bedrooms and feel my heart palpitating, low energy, have a hard time getting up in the morning, no interest in anything. This cream is heaven sent, I’m looking forward to the next couple of weeks, have faith that it can only get better. I feel like a human being. I was honestly feeling like I was losing whom I am. I’ll keep you guys posted..."

Rachel (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2018

For Atrophic Urethritis "I have been using Estrace for 5 yrs -a complete hysterectomy at age 42-can't live without it-no more nightmares, nerves are calm normallly according to my husband-HA! & don't have hot flashes. I am fortunate that my insurance has always covered It but in Jan 2018,a generic came out & my insurance would only pay for the generic. I was fine with that- but two months later I realized the generic was not working. All my symptoms had returned full blown! My husband told me to go to pharmacy and pay whatever the name brand Estrace costs! It would have been $325!! I told the Pharmacist my symptoms on the generic and he called my insurance company- told them I had had a reaction to generic-they then covered the name brand - within 24 hours I felt like a new person and better each day. I want to say here-the generic did not work for me. Keep working it women-there IS A way to have a GREAT AND HAPPY LIFE after menopause!"

Den (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 3, 2018

For Atrophic Urethritis "I used to get urinary tract infections frequently. Since I have been on the Estrace cream- none. Just wish it weren't so expensive!!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 21, 2018

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I am a health care provider in women's health and I prescribe this like crazy. Vaginal atrophy is no joke. Some people are allergic to whatever else that is in the cream, but for the most part is well-tolerated. It is estradiol, which is identical to the estrogen in your body "

CocopNP January 21, 2018

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I had a hysterectomy 10 years ago and having dryness problem so Dr prescribed this. After using this for about 6 weeks I started cramping like I was beginning to start my period again and my breasts were hurting so bad just like the old days! Called my doctor was taken off of it immediately due to previous breast cancer and she said the estrogen from it gets in the bloodstream."

Cramps (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 25, 2017

For Atrophic Vaginitis "Help! Can anybody who has had burning after using this horrible creme tell me how long does the burning last? Anyway how do you stop the burning? I put it in once and have been burning for 24 hours... any way to stop the burn??"

Anonymous October 20, 2017

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I have tried to use it several times in the last few week. After each application I have Burning. I am going to quit!!"

Trish1010 October 18, 2017

For Atrophic Urethritis "Yesterday was the first time I used Estrace Vaginal Cream. I have experienced burning and throbbing. I will not use it again My co-pay was $146.73. Wish there would of been samples. I could of saved the money."

Hysto September 27, 2017

For Atrophic Vaginitis "Painful sex for year and a half. Was at my wits end, finally went to the doctor and described severe pain and dryness not relieved. She prescribed this cream. Miracle drug! No more pain, dryness improving. My husband and I are thrilled! Go on their website for a coupon. Almost 300 bucks but I only had to pay $25.00"

Tfruity (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2017

For Atrophic Urethritis "I have used Estrace samples for 6 months or so..... I ran out and went to buy another tube... 375.00!! And my insurance didn't cover any of it. (Costco was 325.00) I called my doctor and they gave me a coupon, but my insurance didn't work with it. So over priced... and my insurance just went up a 100 dollars a month... I just can't buy a medicine that is so over priced. I thought it would be 50 dollars or so... there must be something else we can use? Also, the information I read said: estrogens may increase the chances of getting cancer of the uterus. Why would we want to take this? I've got to do more homework and find something better!!"

Jill Konvitz April 8, 2017

For Atrophic Vaginitis "The patches stopped working so this was last on the list to try. Dr. gave me a sample to try. Not very effective and Way Way overpriced. Will be trying compounded version. Wake up drug companies there are a lot of us baby boomers suffering from menopause who will not go quietly into the night. Especially when we're expected to keep working until 66."

Mialo February 14, 2017

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I'm only giving Estrace Cream a 3 rating on the scale due to there being issues with the product. I have been using this product for a couple of years. It did help until the last few months, I went from using it 2-3 times a week to needing it every other day. My frustration comes from the amount that actually is in the tube. It says there is 42.5 grams in the tube, I alway keep track of the amount in the tube and end up with about 24 grams out of the tube in the end. Has anyone else kept track of this? Also, I can't afford it when I went yesterday to pick up a new tube and they wanted $290 for 1 tube?!! Why would it be this expensive? That was even after my insurance paid a portion."

Bewildered2 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 22, 2017

For Atrophic Vaginitis "Activating the Pay No More Than $25 card did not result in product being $25. False advertising. Did not purchase."

Hate false advertising December 24, 2016

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I've been married for 35 years. After menopause, intercourse became impossible due to dryness and pain. I do not go to the doctor as often as I should, so I suffered for years, and tried to find "natural remedies" on my own to no avail. I finally gave in and went to a gynecologist. I was embarrassed to even tell him, but I knew I had to do something. He was familiar with the problem and put me on Estrace cream. Within days, I was a NEW person. Saved my life and my marriage. Excellent results and fast!"

CeeGal (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 16, 2016

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I have suffered with endometriosis since I was 16 years of age... needless to say they did full histerectomy at 34 years of age, and still suffered painful sex after having my hormones shots each month , I was still having pain, ,, my doctor prescribed this cream and so far so good. Hopefully it continues to help me, this is embarrassing to women especially at this age. .."

Young one (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 30, 2016

For Atrophic Vaginitis "this past Feb I literally thought my insides were being ripped out. Expected to see them lying on the floor after sex one Monday afternoon.I was throbbing and hurting the rest of the evening and into the the morning.The next day I called my GYN and begged to be seen. she diagnosed my with this and several rips. She gave me an Estrace cream sample and prescription along with one for the rips. I do not have medical insurance.I healed the rips with coconut oil and started the cream 1 oz 2 times a week, She says it is not absorbed. Well, all I know is that my hot flashes have lessened, sex is no pain and if I don't use it like I'm supposed to, all that changes! I'm blessed to have friends in the medical field that can keep me in samples."

Pattisue62 October 25, 2016

For Atrophic Vaginitis "Have been on this for four weeks. First two weeks 1 gram daily then twice per week. Just a few days after starting breasts felt full and tender like I was breastfeeding, gained up to 4 lbs. Did the trick for relations with husband. I'll be deciding if it's worth it ( physical effects and possible cancer of uterus) when I go back for a follow up visit this week."

28ST September 18, 2016

For Atrophic Urethritis "I started using Estrace because of frequent urination with burning, and dryness. I started menopause 4 yrs ago. When I use Estrace after 2 days I have to stop due to bleeding, and cramping that lasts for a week. I'm not a fan!"

Cherriecee (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2016

For Atrophic Vaginitis "It has improved my sex life and also eliminated UTI. I use once or twice a week. I also use vaseline daily after each shower."

BKGG (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 6, 2016

For Atrophic Urethritis "I have been using Estrace cream for 11 years and it's been working. I use about 1/3 applicator every 5 or 6 days. Suddenly, it stopped working. I don't have a bladder infection, I already went through yeast infection treatment both Diflucan and vaginal creams, and my vagina still burns. The Estrace cream relieves it, but only for about 6 or 10 hours. I am 70 and not sexually active. I know years ago the urologist said everything look kind of shriveled up and dry down there. Could the hormone cream just not work anymore? Now what do I do?"

DeDe126 April 23, 2016

For Atrophic Vaginitis "Very sexually active until severe abrupt menopausal symptoms at 55. AV symptoms the most bothersome as overnight I shrunk up, dried up, itched, burned and tore. Intercourse was out of the question. Dr. gave me a sample of Estrace Vaginal cream. I admit I was afraid to use it and had little faith that it would help so I used only a pearl size amount on clean dry skin every night for 2 weeks. That ammt. Is sufficient to cover all the external parts and more, it emulsifies. I am COMPLETELY healed as far as pain with intercourse and also pain upon urination. It was a MIRACLE for me. Side note: If you stop using it (3X a week after the initial 2wk nightly use) you'll be back at square 1. I give Estrace a 10+ rating C: A tube lasted 6 months"

Sexpert March 30, 2016

For Atrophic Vaginitis "Someone replied to my first response that I need to wait 6 months. Well its been way over 2 years now, and I am still tearing and having that stinging feeling. I use 100% organic coconut oil for a lube, as my OBGYN said to try that too. I have no side effects from the coconut oil. I used both and then after "enduring" sex, I was left with a couple of tears that were bleeding and stinging. I am going to call her back and tell her I need extra strength. Even after the 1 mg amount, bathing the walls of my vagina, its still not enough. I am only 55, and did not think, this was going to be the end of me. My husband is 13 years older than me, and I am the one that has to turn him away because I am not healed enough to try again"

I need extra strength! (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 19, 2016

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I have been taking this to see if it will help with my vaginismus, which is where the vaginal clamps down during any sort of penetration due to a trauma. I think it has helped mildly, but not cured my condition - which is not surprising, since it's mostly mental."

Okay Karly (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 25, 2016