User Reviews for Climara

1 review 152 medications
Primary Ovarian FailureNot rated - Be the first1 review 36 medications
Summary of Climara reviews 6.4 34 reviews

Reviews for Climara

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "I'm 58, started full menopause at 56. I started using Climara 25 low dose after suffering nearly 2 years without a restful night of sleep. This patch is like a miracle, 7/8 hrs sleep nightly. I apply it roughly where my ovaries are and it never falls off. Menopause symptoms were ruining my day to day life, my internal temperature was always uncomfortable, I feel like a 10kg Gorilla has been lifted off my back. I am generally very sensitive to most medications."

Dee (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 2, 2018

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "I tried it for 4 days and couldn't take it, I only used 1/2 (I cut it) because I have had issues with the pill in the past causing weight gain and depression and wanted to start out slow and experiment, also my sisters dr told her to start out with just 1/2 and that worked for her. I thought it might be different now since I am post menopausal but it really wasn't that much different from when I used to try birth control pills. My anxiety itself may have lessened, but it basically traded itself for depression and it did not help my hot flashes at all, Maca and Dong Quai actually works better for me. I had more hot flashes on Climira than off. I slept well at the first couple of nights, but last night woke up at 4am and couldn't get back to sleep. I removed nearly all of the patch today (I left a 1/4 to see if that will do anything and also I don't think it's good to go on and off abruptly) and am going back to Maca and Dong Quai. Too bad it didn't work for me."

Chelle August 2, 2018

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "I have used the ClimaraPro patch for years. It has always been a challenge to remove the patch from the clear plastic. Recently, the backing and adhesive have changed and it is now almost impossible to get the patches off the backing without damaging them. I urge Bayer to improve this. There is really no competition to this patch so we are a captive market - very frustrating and expensive product. I love the transdermal system but this new adhesive is impossible."

kathyj (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 19, 2018

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "I'm trying to use the patch now - the patch is so frustrating. I don't know what's worse the Hot Flashes or getting this damn thing off the sticker "

Karen June 30, 2018

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "The patches came off after 1 day! They stick strongly initially but after 1 sweaty workout, it came off! I paid $198 for 4 patches, I can't afford 1 a day!"

Jolli (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2018

For Primary Ovarian Failure "I just started using the patch a couple of months ago. It took me about half an hour to get the patch removed from the backing and ended up tearing it in half—very frustrating. I tried putting the patch in the fridge the night before application and it peeled away from the backing easily! I love the way the product works and now I don’t need to worry about struggling with the packaging."

Podfan (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 6, 2018

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "I have been using this product for 6 months and it alleviated all my menopausal symptoms like hot flashes, restless leg, leg cramps, crankiness and sleep problems. I felt like my old self again and slept like a baby. I had problems at first with getting the patch on, but finally figured it out. At the beginning, I would put a tegaderm on top of the patch to keep on. Now I don't need that. I do use bar soap and do not moisturize that area. Lately, I am starting to get my leg cramps and restless leg back. Not sure why. Will need to go back to the Dr."

D (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 31, 2018

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "My hot flashes were horrible! I would have to change my night clothes during the night. From the first day I used Climara, they were gone, and I slept through the night. So happy!! I am NOT a fan of medication, but this has been a blessing. It does itch under the patch, and I get a rash sometimes. I had a problem getting a couple of them to stick, but Bayer replaced them. I've only been using it for two months, but I am pleased with its results. The backing is difficult to remove too."

Desperate (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 16, 2018

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "The patch works great and doesn't come off, if you can ever get the backing to come off to actually put it on. The patch stretches and it is horrible to get off. takes about an hour after bending it to remove a portion and then pulling it apart trying not to wreck it. very frustrating. I have to use the patch because my insurance will no longer allow me to take the oral meds that worked great and had the same dosage. Ugh."

shelly (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 9, 2018

For Postmenopausal Symptoms ""My severe menopausal symptoms stopped in 24 hours after application of this patch.""

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2018

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "I am not saying this patch doesn't work WHEN it stays on. For an expensive drug like this (Unbelieveable....I moved here from Ontario, Canada where it is not on the over 65 age "free drug" programs so I paid $90.00 Canadian for 12 patches.) I just paid $50.00 U.S. for the deductable for 4 patches. The pharmacist told me the cost was $285.00. Really...what is the matter with this industry here. THEN my big issue is no matter if the patch came from Canada or U.S. it does not stay on. I put rubbing alchohol and let it dry where I am putting the patch and it still comes off. This last time after 2 days. Really Bayer!!! Have you tested this adhesive on your researchers!!"

Gaellestorm (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 29, 2018

For Oophorectomy "At the age of 43 I had a complete hysterectomy due to out of control endometriosis. One week after surgery my doctor prescribed Climara and almost 21 years later I'm still using it. I never have hot flashes or any other symptoms of menopause. The patches have occasionally come off but that's my own fault if I don't make sure to get it firmly attached. If you rub it on there really well it'll stay put all week. I don't ever plan to stop using them. I also skip using my insurance and order them from a Canadian Pharmacy and pay out of pocket. Cost with insurance in the US=$400 per month. Cost from Canada=$40 per month. It's the exact same thing, manufactured by Bayer."

Anonymous November 8, 2017

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "Love the way this patch works! It completely halted my hot flashes. I'd give it a 10 but, more often than not, I have a devil of a time getting the backing off. It is very aggravating. At first, I thought I might have gotten a bad batch, but they're all like that. Once I get it on, it stays on without any problems. Please fix the backing!!"

Marilyn Tiger November 7, 2017

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "I am 60 years old and have been using Climara 50 patches since 2008 (9 years). It has definitely relieved the night sweats and the constant anxiety feeling. I have tried a couple of times to go on a half dose but the symptoms resume, but I will try again. I have never had problems with the patch itself. The edge can be a little sticky when I put it on, but I always wipe a smear of talcum powder around it to prevent it sticking to my clothes. I now have a serious hearing problem (not resolved) so of course I'm concerned that it may be connected with this medication, but six years ago I had a massive amount of antibiotics for a staph infection following surgery, so of course this could be the cause."

DeJo August 18, 2017

For Osteoporosis "I have been using these patches for over 2 yrs with good success. My only problem is getting the backing off the patches. The plastic will not release easily resulting in torn and stretches patches. I cannot get a spare as this is a prescription. I get only 4 a month so I cannot keep dealing with this problem. I had no problem with this using combo patch. It was just more expensive."

ICPT August 14, 2017

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "I have been using the .45/15 patch for 30 years and feel great. I am 75 and I am strong, work out and look good. Compared to other women my age, no one can guess my age. I attribute my bone strength, cardio vascular health and overall wellbeing to Climara. I know that there may be issues for some women but for me, it has been a lifesaver."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) August 5, 2017

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "I've been on the Climara Pro patch for two weeks now and already notice a marked decrease in hot flashes and mood swings. The night sweats and sleeplessness continue but I'm hoping that, too, will soon improve. My only and biggest complaint with this product is the next to impossible to remove plastic backing! It simply refuses to come off easily! Every time I've had to change the patch has been a battle. I end up with a patch that is torn on the edges, has holes in the middle, and I'm supposed to be able to stick it to my skin in that condition. And it's not like I can just toss it out and start over with another patch. Not at those prices!! There has to be a better way."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2017

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "I love how immediate the relief was upon 1st patch. But I can not for the life of me get the backing off well at all resulting in a stretched patch each time. This, in turn, results in failed adhesion. I've burned thru several patches because I CAN NOT get the back off!! Have been researching and can't get this small (but important) bit of info. Any ideas anyone? I'd give this a 10 if the liner were easier to peel off and patch would stay on. Cocoa"

Cocoa 3 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 6, 2017

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "Day 1 and this patch has folded over itself and isn't sticking ... What a great start !"

Nicky53 April 3, 2017

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "I have been using this patch for one week and It keeps falling off. One shower and It is off. I didn't have any relief from this. Around the edges It collects dirt and then doesn't stick."

Marcia Robinson (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2017

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "I have been wearing this patch for one week now. I am on my 4th patch. They keep coming off in the shower. I am very athletic and like to shower 2X a day. This is not a sustainable product because of that alone. I have also felt zero relief with this patch on for a week. I did call the company and they replaced a full box for me"

Tennis 18 (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2017

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "Started taking patch 6 days ago. I'm on the lowest dose so maybe it will take a little longer to take affect. Haven't felt any difference yet. I hope it helps because my feels so out of control. Pleeeeez help Patch"

Flipping Out!! (taken for less than 1 month) October 26, 2016

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "I am 50 years old I had a Total Abdominal Hysterectomy in April and have been suffering wicked hot sweats. I would sweat so badly that my hair, legs feet, hands and face would get wet...so disgusting. It would take me a while to dry off. I started this patch on Monday and within 12 hours, I noticed a difference and within 24 hours, the wet sweats were gone. I have to keep all the fans on in my house and have an industrial fan that I would stand in front of during my flashes. Yesterday ( day 2), I did not have to turn on a single fan and my wet sweats are completely gone. I only had a headache the first night and now I feel fantastic and normal. I still have the occasional hot flash but it is short and I don't break out in a sweat."

TrudyEllen11 September 14, 2016

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "Climara Pro Estradiol Patch has reduced my hot flashes by 99%. The once a week patch takes a good three to four weeks to work. You will not find relief quickly, but once it kicks in, no hot flashes. This drug is very expensive, over $100 per month, but if you can afford it, I highly recommend it. Wipe your skin with alcohol, let dry, then apply patch--sticks better."

Elise2016 May 9, 2016

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "I've only been using the .025 patch since yesterday. I have not noticed any decrease in hot flashes yet. However, I am looking forward to giving the patch a try. But, I noticed this morning that I have an allergic reaction to the adhesive. I don't want to remove it but don't want to continue to irritate my skin."

2youngforthis April 29, 2016