User Reviews for Climara

Climara has an average rating of 6.3 out of 10 from a total of 53 ratings on Drugs.com. 51% of those users who reviewed Climara reported a positive effect, while 25% reported a negative effect.

Postmenopausal Symptoms
Primary Ovarian Failure
Summary of Climara reviews 6.3 53 reviews

Reviews for Climara

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more April 30, 2021

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “Had a complete hysterectomy at 40 years old and have been on the patch for 23 years. It has been a lifesaver. Docs have tried to wean me off of it and menopause symptoms came back within 2 days. Sweating, mood swings/irritability, can't sleep, overall misery. Being on the patch, I feel close to normal and have good skin for 63 years old. I went off the patch for a week and had to get back on as quality of life was horrible without it. I felt best on .5 and was on it for 20 yrs but Doc reduced the dosage to .375 and wants me to be off them permanently because they claim it's risky for cardiovascular health (even though it's supposed to be good for bone health).”

del February 13, 2021

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I have used the Climara patch since 2003 with no problem sticking but now since later 2020 I have a terrible problem on wrinkling and coming off. I know why, they have cut down on the thickness of the plastic so therefore are putting less glue or what ever they put to stick on the patch, they're saving money but causing us [problems. Now I have to put a large banded over the patch to make sure it will stay on. I have called the company and reported it to my drug store CVS now have to wait to see what they will do.”

Hot and Sweaty · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 6, 2020

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I have had no problems with my patch staying on, yes it does look a bit horrible around the edges, but for me it’s worth it to not have hot flushes and an irritable attitude anymore!”

Dish79 January 29, 2014

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “Insomnia, night sweats, moody, uncontrollable crying in the bosses office! I tried so hard and so long to do nothing and let it runs it's natural course. If I didn't work and could take naps, I'd still suffer and deal with it. Not the case. Have to be on my toes at work. Quality of life was bad. Climara saved my life. It was a tough decision but I tell you, it works. I feel human again!”

Jay October 14, 2020

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “First of all I think I live in a lucky Country Australia and only pay $22 for 1 month supply and that’s without insurance. I found clear adhesive surgical patches and whack em over the top and it does the job. Mine stays on all week. I do find by day 5 and 6 it’s wearing off, I’m an emotional wreck. I’m on 50 so might have to change it by day 4 or get a higher dose. Only been on the patches 8 weeks and if I don’t get this dosage right I might end up doing time lol.. All I know is in my next life I want to come back as a man!”

Dee · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 2, 2018

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I'm 58, started full menopause at 56. I started using Climara 25 low dose after suffering nearly 2 years without a restful night of sleep. This patch is like a miracle, 7/8 hrs sleep nightly. I apply it roughly where my ovaries are and it never falls off. Menopause symptoms were ruining my day to day life, my internal temperature was always uncomfortable, I feel like a 10kg Gorilla has been lifted off my back. I am generally very sensitive to most medications.”

TrudyEllen11 September 14, 2016

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I am 50 years old I had a Total Abdominal Hysterectomy in April and have been suffering wicked hot sweats. I would sweat so badly that my hair, legs feet, hands and face would get wet...so disgusting. It would take me a while to dry off. I started this patch on Monday and within 12 hours, I noticed a difference and within 24 hours, the wet sweats were gone. I have to keep all the fans on in my house and have an industrial fan that I would stand in front of during my flashes. Yesterday ( day 2), I did not have to turn on a single fan and my wet sweats are completely gone. I only had a headache the first night and now I feel fantastic and normal. I still have the occasional hot flash but it is short and I don't break out in a sweat.”

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more August 5, 2017

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I have been using the .45/15 patch for 30 years and feel great. I am 75 and I am strong, work out and look good. Compared to other women my age, no one can guess my age. I attribute my bone strength, cardio vascular health and overall wellbeing to Climara. I know that there may be issues for some women but for me, it has been a lifesaver.”

Anonymous July 28, 2008

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “Have had no hot flushes since using Climara. Skin looks better. Noticed all tissues were thinning out after hysterectomy and all have returned to normal. My patch stays on all week now that I have had time to figure out best method. Apply to clean dry skin, put patch on, press firmly then make a circle (using fingers) around and around on patch. Once I have pressed it stays on all week. Takes about 40-45 seconds to make sure it sticks. Very simple.”

Tee · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 7, 2019

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I recently was prescribed the 0.25 patch Clinmara and it has really helped my symptoms a lot. I was worried about the patch not sticking after reading several reviews so after I apply my patch I place waterproof tape to hold it in place and I have never had any problems. I place mine on my upper buttock and switch sides when it's time for a new patch. For those of you that want to buy Climara at a more affordable price go online to GOODRX and get your free card. It's totally free and you can use it instead of your insurance. My Climara with insurance was close to $100. With GOODRX it was $33. I go for a checkup in a few weeks but I feel that my Gyn will increase my dosage to head off a few new symptoms. The peeling off of the patch can be difficult at times but I remain patient and take my time. Good luck ladies!!! Hope everyone finds relief.”

CMac · Taken for less than 1 month January 16, 2020

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “Just switched to Climara from Vivelle dot (on Vivelle for years —no problems). Change patch 2x week. Not this patch. First week lasted 4 day. Second week 5 days. But they look awful. They need to make it so we can change 2x weekly. Bad bad quality and I hate the condition it looks after a few days. Insurance companies and Pharmaceutical companies should get this right!”

Not Happy Jan · Taken for less than 1 month September 11, 2020

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I have just changed to Climara patches for menopause. Week 3 and I find the patch moves and wrinkles, makes a noise when you walk and big bits of sticky stuff leach out and the patch falls off. I never ever had any of these issues with my previous brand, which is no longer available.”

Sunny · Taken for less than 1 month May 16, 2020

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I had high hopes for Climara but it’s nasty. In a day or two the glue leaches out around the edges and is black and sticky. Ugly!! I have not had issues with it falling off and I’m active and shower daily, but I took it to help with intimacy issues and it’s horrible to look at. Even my husband (who never comments like this) Said it’s unattractive and a turn off. Looks “dirty”. Maybe some kind of nice looking covering could work? I’m any case it’s solving a medical issue and causing an attractiveness one. I imagine no women on the design team...... I’m moving on.”

Anonymous December 24, 2010

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I have used 0.75 patch for 6 years. To make it stick better, rub your skin with alcohol and let dry. Press on for ~20-30 secs. Really the only thing I find frustrating is the fact that by the 5th day my body is clearly not getting as much medicine, and I start having body symptoms to parallel this. Also have very sore knots in my breasts, especially the first few days. But other than this, it has been a life-saver since I have post surgical menopause.”

shakti411 May 19, 2008

For Atrophic Vaginitis: “In general, I'm happy with this patch. I have difficulty getting it to stay on for an entire week. It stopped the hot flashes and allowed me to have sex again (thin vaginal tissues caused major problems). I do have asthma, high cholesterol, history of migraines. I don't think I'm having any side effects. The progesterone I have to take with it causes terrible side effects. I'm 57.”

Elise2016 May 9, 2016

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “Climara Pro Estradiol Patch has reduced my hot flashes by 99%. The once a week patch takes a good three to four weeks to work. You will not find relief quickly, but once it kicks in, no hot flashes. This drug is very expensive, over $100 per month, but if you can afford it, I highly recommend it. Wipe your skin with alcohol, let dry, then apply patch--sticks better.”

LF October 23, 2019

For Atrophic Vaginitis: “If you workout, if you swim , if you take baths**Do Not agree to this patch** it is a waste of $$. In what universe does this stay on for more than two days. It might be ok for someone who never sweats and takes very quick showers. I was really hoping I had found a solution to my symptoms. This is not it.”

SRenaeM July 26, 2015

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “Cannot get it to stay on. Don't know why anyone would recommend it. Went thru 3 patches in 3 days because they do not stick, wouldn't even stay on with waterproof tape over it. Insurance won't pay for another box of 4 which should last a month.”

Anonymous November 8, 2017

For Oophorectomy: “At the age of 43 I had a complete hysterectomy due to out of control endometriosis. One week after surgery my doctor prescribed Climara and almost 21 years later I'm still using it. I never have hot flashes or any other symptoms of menopause. The patches have occasionally come off but that's my own fault if I don't make sure to get it firmly attached. If you rub it on there really well it'll stay put all week. I don't ever plan to stop using them. I also skip using my insurance and order them from a Canadian Pharmacy and pay out of pocket. Cost with insurance in the US=$400 per month. Cost from Canada=$40 per month. It's the exact same thing, manufactured by Bayer.”

no more menopause symptoms · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 7, 2015

For Hypoestrogenism: “Before Climara, my menopause symptoms were out of control, hot flashes and feeling moody. Climara changed my life and helped me enjoy it again without the hot flashes and weird symptoms that menopause was bringing on. Bye bye menopause.”

Cocoa 3 · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 6, 2017

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I love how immediate the relief was upon 1st patch. But I can not for the life of me get the backing off well at all resulting in a stretched patch each time. This, in turn, results in failed adhesion. I've burned thru several patches because I CAN NOT get the back off!! Have been researching and can't get this small (but important) bit of info. Any ideas anyone? I'd give this a 10 if the liner were easier to peel off and patch would stay on. Cocoa”

Fiona · Taken for less than 1 month May 30, 2019

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “VERY disappointed with Climara! My doctor is well aware of my sweaty workouts, and I asked her if the patch would stay on, and it didn't. It lasts one day for me before peeling off. I have it attached with Bandaids at the moment. This is way too expensive ($210.00 with insurance!) to only last one day before peeling off.”

Camille · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 2, 2018

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I am not sure why Climara 0.1mg patches no longer work to alleviate hot flashes, osteoporosis and atrophic vaginitis. I pay a lot for these patches and have noticed the boxes they come in are no longer sealed by Bayer. Bayer refuses to address this lack of efficacy and lack of integrity. No one should accept boxes of meds that are unsealed. Sorry I can no longer believe Bayer is doing their jobs. They have made millions from older women for years- but clearly don't respect us or they would address our concerns.”

LAURA · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 31, 2018

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I was prescribed the climara .25 patch for night sweats , achy joints, and not sleeping well, I am 58 years old and just went in to full menopause ( late bloomer)... I have not had any issues with taking the backing off or having it stay on for the week. I went back to the doctors after a month to review how I was feeling, still was having issues with aching joints especially my knees, but have slept better and night sweats pretty gone. She did increase the patch to .50 for me to see if that will help with the joint pain. I cannot take HRT orally as bother my stomach a great deal after about 5 days , so far think the .50mg better suited for my needs. Good product !”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month August 3, 2017

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I've been on the Climara Pro patch for two weeks now and already notice a marked decrease in hot flashes and mood swings. The night sweats and sleeplessness continue but I'm hoping that, too, will soon improve. My only and biggest complaint with this product is the next to impossible to remove plastic backing! It simply refuses to come off easily! Every time I've had to change the patch has been a battle. I end up with a patch that is torn on the edges, has holes in the middle, and I'm supposed to be able to stick it to my skin in that condition. And it's not like I can just toss it out and start over with another patch. Not at those prices!! There has to be a better way.”

Tennis 18 · Taken for less than 1 month January 15, 2017

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I have been wearing this patch for one week now. I am on my 4th patch. They keep coming off in the shower. I am very athletic and like to shower 2X a day. This is not a sustainable product because of that alone. I have also felt zero relief with this patch on for a week. I did call the company and they replaced a full box for me”

CJ · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 11, 2019

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “3 times in the pool this summer and that 3 Climara patches that I've lost. I've tried many many patches so don't give me the runaround about how to apply. This is the worst by far for staying on and they are SO expensive that if I could get my money back I would. This prescription will NEVER be refilled for me. Only positive note I have is that it works. But I am not giving up my pool time for that. Keep trying other patches ladies.”

Katbelle January 3, 2020

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I love Climara it has saved my mental health by reducing night sweats, hot flashes and anxiety to almost nil. I use the .05 patch and only had to pay copay through my HMO, so worth it. I gave it an 8 because of issues with it staying on. I lived in Calif with hard water and it stayed for about 4 days if I put on right after shower and also use a band aid over if for last 3 days. I moved to Texas and only brought 3 months worth. Here I can't get it to stay past one or 2 days unless I apply large bandaid at beginning and even still only 3 to 4. I think its because the water is soft and just takes sticky right off. Or maybe because of the humidity, but I worked out twice a day in Cali and still didn't have this problem. Don't know what I will do in future as can't afford them without insurance..maybe Mexico. Lol! I will try the surgical tape and see if it can stand up to the soft water.”