User Reviews for Climara

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Climara.

Climara Rating Summary

6.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 159 medications used in the treatment of Postmenopausal Symptoms.

Reviews for Climara to treat Postmenopausal Symptoms

"Love the way this patch works! It completely halted my hot flashes. I'd give it a 10 but, more often than not, I have a devil of a time getting the backing off. It is very aggravating. At first, I thought I might have gotten a bad batch, but they're all like that. Once I get it on, it stays on without any problems. Please fix the backing!!"

Marilyn Tiger November 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am 60 years old and have been using Climara 50 patches since 2008 (9 years). It has definitely relieved the night sweats and the constant anxiety feeling. I have tried a couple of times to go on a half dose but the symptoms resume, but I will try again. I have never had problems with the patch itself. The edge can be a little sticky when I put it on, but I always wipe a smear of talcum powder around it to prevent it sticking to my clothes. I now have a serious hearing problem (not resolved) so of course I'm concerned that it may be connected with this medication, but six years ago I had a massive amount of antibiotics for a staph infection following surgery, so of course this could be the cause."

DeJo August 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been using the .45/15 patch for 30 years and feel great. I am 75 and I am strong, work out and look good. Compared to other women my age, no one can guess my age. I attribute my bone strength, cardio vascular health and overall wellbeing to Climara. I know that there may be issues for some women but for me, it has been a lifesaver."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) August 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been on the Climara Pro patch for two weeks now and already notice a marked decrease in hot flashes and mood swings. The night sweats and sleeplessness continue but I'm hoping that, too, will soon improve. My only and biggest complaint with this product is the next to impossible to remove plastic backing! It simply refuses to come off easily! Every time I've had to change the patch has been a battle. I end up with a patch that is torn on the edges, has holes in the middle, and I'm supposed to be able to stick it to my skin in that condition. And it's not like I can just toss it out and start over with another patch. Not at those prices!! There has to be a better way."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I love how immediate the relief was upon 1st patch. But I can not for the life of me get the backing off well at all resulting in a stretched patch each time. This, in turn, results in failed adhesion. I've burned thru several patches because I CAN NOT get the back off!! Have been researching and can't get this small (but important) bit of info. Any ideas anyone? I'd give this a 10 if the liner were easier to peel off and patch would stay on. Cocoa"

Cocoa 3 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Day 1 and this patch has folded over itself and isn't sticking ... What a great start !"

Nicky53 April 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been using this patch for one week and It keeps falling off. One shower and It is off. I didn't have any relief from this. Around the edges It collects dirt and then doesn't stick."

Marcia Robinson (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been wearing this patch for one week now. I am on my 4th patch. They keep coming off in the shower. I am very athletic and like to shower 2X a day. This is not a sustainable product because of that alone. I have also felt zero relief with this patch on for a week. I did call the company and they replaced a full box for me"

Tennis 18 (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Started taking patch 6 days ago. I'm on the lowest dose so maybe it will take a little longer to take affect. Haven't felt any difference yet. I hope it helps because my feels so out of control. Pleeeeez help Patch"

Flipping Out!! (taken for less than 1 month) October 26, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am 50 years old I had a Total Abdominal Hysterectomy in April and have been suffering wicked hot sweats. I would sweat so badly that my hair, legs feet, hands and face would get wet...so disgusting. It would take me a while to dry off. I started this patch on Monday and within 12 hours, I noticed a difference and within 24 hours, the wet sweats were gone. I have to keep all the fans on in my house and have an industrial fan that I would stand in front of during my flashes. Yesterday ( day 2), I did not have to turn on a single fan and my wet sweats are completely gone. I only had a headache the first night and now I feel fantastic and normal. I still have the occasional hot flash but it is short and I don't break out in a sweat."

TrudyEllen11 September 14, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Climara Pro Estradiol Patch has reduced my hot flashes by 99%. The once a week patch takes a good three to four weeks to work. You will not find relief quickly, but once it kicks in, no hot flashes. This drug is very expensive, over $100 per month, but if you can afford it, I highly recommend it. Wipe your skin with alcohol, let dry, then apply patch--sticks better."

Elise2016 May 9, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've only been using the .025 patch since yesterday. I have not noticed any decrease in hot flashes yet. However, I am looking forward to giving the patch a try. But, I noticed this morning that I have an allergic reaction to the adhesive. I don't want to remove it but don't want to continue to irritate my skin."

2youngforthis April 29, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Cannot get it to stay on. Don't know why anyone would recommend it. Went thru 3 patches in 3 days because they do not stick, wouldn't even stay on with waterproof tape over it. Insurance won't pay for another box of 4 which should last a month."

SRenaeM July 26, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Insomnia, night sweats, moody, uncontrollable crying in the bosses office! I tried so hard and so long to do nothing and let it runs it's natural course. If I didn't work and could take naps, I'd still suffer and deal with it. Not the case. Have to be on my toes at work. Quality of life was bad. Climara saved my life. It was a tough decision but I tell you, it works. I feel human again!"

Dish79 January 29, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have used 0.75 patch for 6 years. To make it stick better, rub your skin with alcohol and let dry. Press on for ~20-30 secs. Really the only thing I find frustrating is the fact that by the 5th day my body is clearly not getting as much medicine, and I start having body symptoms to parallel this. Also have very sore knots in my breasts, especially the first few days. But other than this, it has been a life-saver since I have post surgical menopause."

Anonymous December 24, 2010

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Have had no hot flushes since using Climara. Skin looks better. Noticed all tissues were thinning out after hysterectomy and all have returned to normal. My patch stays on all week now that I have had time to figure out best method. Apply to clean dry skin, put patch on, press firmly then make a circle (using fingers) around and around on patch. Once I have pressed it stays on all week. Takes about 40-45 seconds to make sure it sticks. Very simple."

Anonymous July 28, 2008

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My severe menopausal symptoms stopped in 24 hours after application of this patch."

berykute May 14, 2008