User Reviews for Premarin

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
3.7

Summary of Premarin reviews 7.9 50 reviews

Reviews for Premarin

For Oophorectomy "I took Premarin 0.625 following an oophorectomy at 36. At 58 I was advised to come off it, as I was past the age of menopause but I got really bad Atrophic Vaginitis. I went back on it for another 7 years and have been off for a year. Doctor now reluctant to write prescription as I'm 65. Now been given Vagifem but miss my Premarin so much. Anyone take it after 65? Tempted to buy on Internet but worried that might stop too. No health issues or other medication"

Linda (taken for 10 years or more) May 8, 2018

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "Experienced menopause at an early age, had extreme menstrual problems from the beginning starting at about age 8. I am told after going through much menstrual problems my whole life I have several fibroids. Hoping that after menopause they would naturally shrink. Mine grew and cause me extreme pain. Hormone therapy has relieved this pain. However side effects I think cause me anxiety and I cry easily. When I try to cut back I only take it twice a week the pain comes back which is severe. I cannot stop taking it but the cost is almost $300 of prescription for I have no insurance for this. I noticed in the comments no one else mentions it used for this problem does anyone know"

Gottahavehope March 18, 2018

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I used this cream for one month. I had to stop because it made my breast hurt so bad. I have a history of lumps in my breast so of course when I found out this cream increase your chance for breast cancer I had to stop. Will not use again."

Dimples42 (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2018

For Primary Ovarian Failure "Had a hysterectomy at age 35 with ovaries left in tact. Night sweats appeared gradually and by age 53 were intolerable. I was awake most of night and kept my husband up as well. Was prescribed Premarin at the lowest dose. I experienced relief after 2 days. I can’t believe how much better I feel. Now 2 weeks in my brain fog is gone and I am so happy. I didn’t realize how depressed I was. No side affects at all. Just look forward to peaceful sleeps at night"

Fbuds March 12, 2018

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "Vivelle-Dot patch is the best to use. Natural plant based Beta-17 Estradiol that bypasses your liver. Adjusted well for the PH of my skin. This is the one to use, not horse urine!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 10, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Terrible stuff. Made me gain 45 lbs. My bones hurt. Got off it and the pain went away"

Btty (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 23, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "One of the worst medicine I ever had to conceive baby. It will lead u to miscarriage."

millikash November 30, 2017

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I was given this to help with Vaginal Atrophy that resulted in painful UTI like symptoms and painful sex. By the third week I got limited relief from those symptoms, but had debilitating dizziness and horrible hot flashes. This stuff took me from having had a handful of hot flashes in my entire life to 5 or 6 a night. Not taking it any more."

njb63 (taken for less than 1 month) October 16, 2017

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "So I just started this yesterday and wonder I am feeling a little bit worked up (sexually charged) has anyone else experienced this? My main concern was dryness I had a hysterectomy, 11 years ago and was taking Estradiol and didn't really feel anything different would still get the hot flashes mostly during the day but BOY o BOY today definitely increased libido! Just looking to see if this is normal?"

overlyworkedup October 13, 2017

For Atrophic Vaginitis "Feeling great for 4 months. Pain returning the last 3 days"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 29, 2017

For Osteoporosis "My Dr. retired & his replacement stopped 5 of my drugs (all now prescribed by specialists). However, Premarin was stopped for 1one anda half months. Two weeks later, 40 hot flashes a day began. I felt like I was going to die. Finally, an endocrinologist re-prescribed Premarin but only 1/2 the dose I had taken for 32 years (since 40). Hot flashes are still outrageous. All my sisters have osteoporosis, but not me (I took HRT). In the time it was stopped, I lost weight, lost 1" in height, about 20% of my hair, and I'm so tempted to order it online without a prescription so I can take the other half of my regular dose. Desperate people do desperate things."

For Petes Sake August 19, 2017

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Was put on 1.25 mg for the constant bleeding my Nexplanon implant caused me. It didn't work & made me so sick! I am a 23 yo mother of 2. Prior to Nexplanon & Premarin, I had never used any kind of hormonal medicine. I had terrible pain in the left side of my calf, the whole left side of my body was numb, chest pain, rapid heart beat & pal palpations, shortness of breath, dizziness, unbalanced, nausea, I felt like I was dying!"

PremarinNightmare July 21, 2017

For Primary Ovarian Failure "I'm 75 and have been taking 1.25 since l had a full hysterectomy at 36. 10 years ago cut dose to .65 at Dr recommendation. Noticed no change. Now taking .325 for about 4 weeks. Do notice I'm not tired, not as "happy"... All those years no side effects. Bone density excellent. General health excellent.. Think I'll go back to .65 but its expensive and insurance will not cover due to my age."

Suncitycool June 5, 2017

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "I am 57yrs. My sister in law mentioned that she took Premarin for 5 years with no side effects. I was intrigue, I never heard of this medication. I went to my doctor and asked for Premarin, she prescribed me 0.3mg. Wow, amazing results! No side effects. I just finished my 30 days’ supply, went back to my doctor; asked for a little higher dosage because I was still having hot flashes & vaginal dryness, so she prescribed another 30 days on 0.45. Of course, my doctor does not recommend this medication because all the possible side effects specially heart attack: I told her let me try and see how I feel. Now I will have one more month at .45mg, I will see what are the results. I will keep everyone posted."

Mag57 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 24, 2017

For Osteoporosis "I started taking Premarin 1.25mg when I lost my ovaries at the age of 28 to endometriosis. That was 33 years ago. My symptoms were lack of focus and energy. Within a week or two I was back to my normal self with the exception of the mood swings I'd had ever since puberty. Several years ago my GYN said there was an alert about Premarin and I would have to wean myself off of them. I went down to 1/4 of what I was taking within 7 months. I was taking large doses of ibuphrofen for over 25 years for inflammation in my back. When the Premarin was decreased and the ibuphrofen was taken down I developed extreme arthritic swelling in some of my joints. I was put back in the Premarin immediately and told to never get off."

Gator1228 (taken for 10 years or more) October 9, 2016

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "I took Premarin daily since 1975,with no problems, and felt great, young at heart and full of energy. Last year the insurance company decided they would not pay for it anymore and suggested Estradiol. I don't feel the same. No energy, hair thinning and bloated all the time. Next doctor appointment I'm going back on Premarin even tho it'll cost me a pretty penny."

Dreamcatcher45 (taken for 10 years or more) September 9, 2016

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "I have taken Premarin in the 1.25 strength for over 40 years, it has not stopped the hot flashes and night sweats but it reduces them by at least 50%. I do not have osteoporosis (my Mother and all of my Aunts did) and my bone density is better than most women half my age, a lot of which I attribute to the Premarin. I have never taken prempro or any progestin product, just the Premarin alone. I tried the half strength, miserable with all day hot flashes so over heated looked like I had a sunburn with heat rash and nasty skin breakouts, so I changed Drs, now back to the 1.25 strength. . My only complaint is that a product like this that ha been on the market over 50 years I do not understand why there is no generic as it is very expensive."

anniemack August 24, 2016

For Primary Ovarian Failure "I've been on premarin for over 20years. When I started I had side effects of bloating and constipation. Over time those resolved. I don't know why I'm still having hot flashes 20+ yrs after menopause. Now I take.625 every other day due to the expense. That works. If I try to cut back to every third day the hot flashes return in a short time."

Midwestern (taken for 10 years or more) July 18, 2016

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "I was in the DEEPEST pit of depression. I felt that it was hormonal. Had labs drawn and was shown to be in menopause. Had a hysterectomy which left me with one ovary. The depression started this year in March and spiralled out of control. I was seriously deciding whether or not to stick around not because I didn't want to live, but the mental pain was too much. I noticed in a study of women that were treated successfully for severe hormonal depression using premarin and mirtazipine. Within 24 hours the depression was GONE GONE GONE! I believe it is mostly the premarin because ADs take longer than that to work. I want to start a campaign for the horses that are being treated to poorly. Why can't we get this from pg. humans and pay them?"

Lucky to be here (taken for less than 1 month) June 22, 2016

"I had to have a total hysterectomy in 2009 including removing both ovaries at the age of 38 because of endometriosis. I have been on premarin 0.45mg since. I only have to take one every 3 days to keep the hot flashes at bay. I tried going off of it twice because even with insurance it was $50 but I thought I was going to die!!!! I could not sleep at all, the hot flashes were horrible, I had no energy to do anything but lay all day on the couch. My life might as well have been over if I didn't have this drug. I have no side effects on it and I thank God I have it."

SHE1LA (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 11, 2016

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "I was prescribed premarin 1.25 right after a total hysterectomy 11-1983. This was to help avoid at age 32 hot flashes, dryness in skin and hair, and protect my bones. Personal dryness. I took it for 20 yrs. Then when the doctors thought I was having a heart attack in in 4-2004 they took my off of it cold turkey. in 2-2009 I was found to have stage 1.5 breast cancer. Cancer dr. told me it was from taking premarin for 20 yrs. Should only been prescribed no more than 7 yrs. The cancer was caused by extra hormones. Extra hormones was driving my endometriosis that was the cause of removing everything in 1983. My cancer dr. said with my family background I was lucky never to had a major heartattack."

Kstd April 25, 2016

For Oophorectomy "After a full hysterectomy in 2000 with both ovaries removed, I was given Premarin straight after surgery. My Dr now refuses to continue the treatment, and her colleagues will not prescribe as I am her patient. Now 3 months without and horrendous problems with lack of energy, emotional outbursts, hot flushes and vaginal skin tearing. Dr. still refuses because of cancer risk. I thought that would be MY choice: for better quality of life. What to do? Flew to Malaysia and bought OTC. Life getting back to normal now. Only side effect may be the slight bloating, but I'm careful what I eat and drink to reduce this."

CherryP (taken for 10 years or more) December 23, 2015

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "I have been taking Premarin a little over a month and my hair is starting to fall out, I am having stomach issues now, including odd bloating, and I still have hot flashes every day. I used to take Enjuvia and it was the best thing ever, but it is no longer being manufactured or distributed. I can't seem to tolerate anything else. Does anyone know of something better? I take the highest dose of this without causing the High risk for Breast cancer...I wish this stuff would work for me :("

missinmyenjuvia December 12, 2015

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "I have been taking this drug for 8mths. It was helping at first but the hot flushes are coming back more frequently now and I'm tearing up a lot lately. I had bloods done and asked if I could take a higher dosage as because the test showed I'm am definitely going through the change. She said no as it would increase my chance of breast cancer. I take .3 each night."

Catwo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 15, 2015

For Hypoestrogenism "I had cancer twice and my ovaries are not producing hormones because of it. I'm now an adult and still have not started my period. I'm only on .3 mg and it makes me eat more and my doctor says I'm growing so it's working so far."

Robinhood13 October 3, 2015