User Reviews for Premarin

3.7

Summary of Premarin reviews 7.7 57 reviews

Reviews for Premarin

Mia Brown August 23, 2019

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "I have been taken Premarin every since I had my hysterectomy in 2007 it works fantastic for my hot flashes."

Anonymous August 12, 2019

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "Wake up America!!! This drug comes from the urine of pregnant mares hooked up to a catheter their entire life!!!! The horses have to have foals and what happens to them? Choose a synthetic form. Educate yourself. "

Happy 123 · Taken for less than 1 month May 27, 2019

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "At 50 years old and being peri menopausal I started feeling crazy, I was very angry, bitter, agitated everyday. I was never ever this way before this. My periods were longer than usual. Went to Dr. who found a fibroid. Went on premarin .625 which saved my life. I was thinking about not wanting to live anymore before starting on Premarin - so sad. After 1 month on premarin I am back to me!!!!!! Very happy and loving life."

Cee · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 17, 2019

For Atrophic Vaginitis "Bad, real bad, avoid!"

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 21, 2019

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "I had problems with painful intercourse and Premarin improved it and increased my libido"

KC · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 17, 2019

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "I highly recommend adding a bio-identical to a premarin regimen. I began experiencing overactive bladder and recurrent UTIs. My PCP did not recommend an OBGYN until I was having the UTIs and wanted a compounded prescription. My dosage was played-with or changed many times without doing any bloodwork by my PCP. Don't think your PCP knows what they're doing. Get in touch with a doctor who works with a compounding pharmacy that specializes in hormone replacement."

BorzoiDiva · Taken for less than 1 month September 25, 2018

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "Doc prescribed it, but asked her to switch to Estrace and have good results. Y'all do realize that Premarine is a shortened version of Pregnant Mare Urine which is what it's made from? They take large (most commonly Belgium Draft Horses) and confine them in small stalls for their 11-month gestation with their tails tied up and catheters on to harvest their urine. Female foals are cycled back into the program. Males are useless so sold off to auction houses, some are lucky to get purchased by rescues, others are sold to end up as horsemeat in other countries. The mares are bred again once they've foaled to continue the cycle. Ironic that a drug developed to help post productive human females is derived from horrific treatment of female horses during their productive years. It is an awful life. Please find an alternative."

Linda · Taken for 10 years or more May 8, 2018

For Oophorectomy "I took Premarin 0.625 following an oophorectomy at 36. At 58 I was advised to come off it, as I was past the age of menopause but I got really bad Atrophic Vaginitis. I went back on it for another 7 years and have been off for a year. Doctor now reluctant to write prescription as I'm 65. Now been given Vagifem but miss my Premarin so much. Anyone take it after 65? Tempted to buy on Internet but worried that might stop too. No health issues or other medication"

Gottahavehope March 18, 2018

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "Experienced menopause at an early age, had extreme menstrual problems from the beginning starting at about age 8. I am told after going through much menstrual problems my whole life I have several fibroids. Hoping that after menopause they would naturally shrink. Mine grew and cause me extreme pain. Hormone therapy has relieved this pain. However side effects I think cause me anxiety and I cry easily. When I try to cut back I only take it twice a week the pain comes back which is severe. I cannot stop taking it but the cost is almost $300 of prescription for I have no insurance for this. I noticed in the comments no one else mentions it used for this problem does anyone know"

Dimples42 · Taken for less than 1 month March 13, 2018

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I used this cream for one month. I had to stop because it made my breast hurt so bad. I have a history of lumps in my breast so of course when I found out this cream increase your chance for breast cancer I had to stop. Will not use again."

Fbuds March 12, 2018

For Primary Ovarian Failure "Had a hysterectomy at age 35 with ovaries left in tact. Night sweats appeared gradually and by age 53 were intolerable. I was awake most of night and kept my husband up as well. Was prescribed Premarin at the lowest dose. I experienced relief after 2 days. I can’t believe how much better I feel. Now 2 weeks in my brain fog is gone and I am so happy. I didn’t realize how depressed I was. No side affects at all. Just look forward to peaceful sleeps at night"

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month March 10, 2018

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "Vivelle-Dot patch is the best to use. Natural plant based Beta-17 Estradiol that bypasses your liver. Adjusted well for the PH of my skin. This is the one to use, not horse urine!"

Btty · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 23, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Terrible stuff. Made me gain 45 lbs. My bones hurt. Got off it and the pain went away"

millikash November 30, 2017

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "One of the worst medicine I ever had to conceive baby. It will lead u to miscarriage."

njb63 · Taken for less than 1 month October 16, 2017

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I was given this to help with Vaginal Atrophy that resulted in painful UTI like symptoms and painful sex. By the third week I got limited relief from those symptoms, but had debilitating dizziness and horrible hot flashes. This stuff took me from having had a handful of hot flashes in my entire life to 5 or 6 a night. Not taking it any more."

overlyworkedup October 13, 2017

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "So I just started this yesterday and wonder I am feeling a little bit worked up (sexually charged) has anyone else experienced this? My main concern was dryness I had a hysterectomy, 11 years ago and was taking Estradiol and didn't really feel anything different would still get the hot flashes mostly during the day but BOY o BOY today definitely increased libido! Just looking to see if this is normal?"

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 29, 2017

For Atrophic Vaginitis "Feeling great for 4 months. Pain returning the last 3 days"

For Petes Sake August 19, 2017

For Osteoporosis "My Dr. retired & his replacement stopped 5 of my drugs (all now prescribed by specialists). However, Premarin was stopped for 1one anda half months. Two weeks later, 40 hot flashes a day began. I felt like I was going to die. Finally, an endocrinologist re-prescribed Premarin but only 1/2 the dose I had taken for 32 years (since 40). Hot flashes are still outrageous. All my sisters have osteoporosis, but not me (I took HRT). In the time it was stopped, I lost weight, lost 1" in height, about 20% of my hair, and I'm so tempted to order it online without a prescription so I can take the other half of my regular dose. Desperate people do desperate things."

PremarinNightmare July 21, 2017

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Was put on 1.25 mg for the constant bleeding my Nexplanon implant caused me. It didn't work & made me so sick! I am a 23 yo mother of 2. Prior to Nexplanon & Premarin, I had never used any kind of hormonal medicine. I had terrible pain in the left side of my calf, the whole left side of my body was numb, chest pain, rapid heart beat & pal palpations, shortness of breath, dizziness, unbalanced, nausea, I felt like I was dying!"

Suncitycool June 5, 2017

For Primary Ovarian Failure "I'm 75 and have been taking 1.25 since l had a full hysterectomy at 36. 10 years ago cut dose to .65 at Dr recommendation. Noticed no change. Now taking .325 for about 4 weeks. Do notice I'm not tired, not as "happy"... All those years no side effects. Bone density excellent. General health excellent.. Think I'll go back to .65 but its expensive and insurance will not cover due to my age."

Mag57 · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 24, 2017

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "I am 57yrs. My sister in law mentioned that she took Premarin for 5 years with no side effects. I was intrigue, I never heard of this medication. I went to my doctor and asked for Premarin, she prescribed me 0.3mg. Wow, amazing results! No side effects. I just finished my 30 days’ supply, went back to my doctor; asked for a little higher dosage because I was still having hot flashes & vaginal dryness, so she prescribed another 30 days on 0.45. Of course, my doctor does not recommend this medication because all the possible side effects specially heart attack: I told her let me try and see how I feel. Now I will have one more month at .45mg, I will see what are the results. I will keep everyone posted."

Gator1228 · Taken for 10 years or more October 9, 2016

For Osteoporosis "I started taking Premarin 1.25mg when I lost my ovaries at the age of 28 to endometriosis. That was 33 years ago. My symptoms were lack of focus and energy. Within a week or two I was back to my normal self with the exception of the mood swings I'd had ever since puberty. Several years ago my GYN said there was an alert about Premarin and I would have to wean myself off of them. I went down to 1/4 of what I was taking within 7 months. I was taking large doses of ibuphrofen for over 25 years for inflammation in my back. When the Premarin was decreased and the ibuphrofen was taken down I developed extreme arthritic swelling in some of my joints. I was put back in the Premarin immediately and told to never get off."

Dreamcatcher45 · Taken for 10 years or more September 9, 2016

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "I took Premarin daily since 1975,with no problems, and felt great, young at heart and full of energy. Last year the insurance company decided they would not pay for it anymore and suggested Estradiol. I don't feel the same. No energy, hair thinning and bloated all the time. Next doctor appointment I'm going back on Premarin even tho it'll cost me a pretty penny."

anniemack August 24, 2016

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "I have taken Premarin in the 1.25 strength for over 40 years, it has not stopped the hot flashes and night sweats but it reduces them by at least 50%. I do not have osteoporosis (my Mother and all of my Aunts did) and my bone density is better than most women half my age, a lot of which I attribute to the Premarin. I have never taken prempro or any progestin product, just the Premarin alone. I tried the half strength, miserable with all day hot flashes so over heated looked like I had a sunburn with heat rash and nasty skin breakouts, so I changed Drs, now back to the 1.25 strength. . My only complaint is that a product like this that ha been on the market over 50 years I do not understand why there is no generic as it is very expensive."

Midwestern · Taken for 10 years or more July 18, 2016

For Primary Ovarian Failure "I've been on premarin for over 20years. When I started I had side effects of bloating and constipation. Over time those resolved. I don't know why I'm still having hot flashes 20+ yrs after menopause. Now I take.625 every other day due to the expense. That works. If I try to cut back to every third day the hot flashes return in a short time."

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)