User Reviews for Premarin

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 3.7
Summary of Premarin reviews 7.5 66 reviews

Reviews for Premarin

TIRA · Taken for 10 years or more July 30, 2020

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “21 years old had two babies, endometriosis, was told I won't have anymore babies. Uterus was tilted and prolapsed. Didn't use birth control, due to ob-gyn said it would be a miracle to get pregnant. Got pregnant two more times, had a hysterectomy with last baby. I was put on many different hormones and none seemed to help my extreme moods, dry skin and wrinkles. Finally, I was told to try Premarin. It is very expensive, and insurance doesn't cover them, but it was like a dream come true. I became at peace, happy, and my skin became soft, wrinkles disappeared, and my sex life wasn't dormant anymore. I've got so many friends now using it, due to me telling them about my "happy pill", Premarin!”

Terlortam · Taken for 10 years or more May 4, 2020

For Oophorectomy: “I had a complete hysterectomy when I was 46 yrs. old. Went on Premarin tablets immediately. On the advise of physician I have tried several times to wean off. Unfortunately, side effects were terrible so always went back on until now. I’m now 74 years old. I started weaning off a few weeks ago and am now totally off . Other than a lot hot flashes for the first week (not bad) and now just a few here and there, I’m doing great. I don’t think it helped my bones as I have osteoporosis and am taking Risedronate for that.”

BossLady March 31, 2020

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “My third month using Premarin 0.625g due to unbearable hot flashes, vaginal dryness, sleep disturbances and night sweats. I had done hysterectomy about a year ago. Since taking Premarin, both hot flashes and night sweats lessened. Now my biggest challenge is persistent and enlarging painful breasts. Am due to discuss this feedback with my gynecologist.”

Megan February 14, 2020

For Oophorectomy: “I took Premarin from the day after my hysterectomy at age 45 until a year ago at age 76. It was trouble free for me. My doctor finally insisted on changing me from the low dose pill to the cream. Anyway, my bone density tests show my bones to be 30 years younger than I am, my hair is thick, my skin is 20 years younger than I am, I have never had hot flashes or anything one would think I'd have had. I wish I was still taking it. But I didn't know about the horses/mares.”

Dink · Taken for less than 1 month February 8, 2020

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I was given premarin for hot flashes and vaginal irritation from vaginal dryness. It helped with my sex drive. I still have vaginal irritation and dryness from time to time. Now I'm wondering is I have a yeast infection because I have some burning. I've only been on it for one month. I suffer from depression and all this has caused me to lose weight, about 40lbs. My night sweats have improved but during the day they are bad. I don't know what is going on with this vaginal irritation. It's the worst. I'm 47. I'm irritated and moody and get annoyed quickly. My poor husband doesn't know what to do. I've changed my soap and detergents. I'm scared . My mind's Is all over and I forget things. That's not me at all. Any advise”

Concern · Taken for 10 years or more December 15, 2019

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “Immediately after total hysterectomy in 2006, I was prescribed Premarin 1.25. Worked great for all my menopause symptoms. My doctor recently told me to stop taking the medication due to the side affects in which one that caught my attention was blood clots. Well, to make a long story short, back in 2016, a MRI discovered a blood clot in my head, in which it was caught before it ruptured.”

Bravegirl October 30, 2019

For Hypoestrogenism: “I suffered from endometriosis after my 1st born baby girl 1980(natural birth). Treatment from South Africa's Fertility Specialist (1983-1989) helped me through x 3 miscarriages and hopelessness. Eventually I fell pregnant; cesarean baby girl 1988 and my Son born 1989. Still suffered endometriosis. My son was 3 days old when I had hysterectomy done; left Ovaries in tact and put me on Premarin; weakest dose. Over years changed to 1.25mg which I've used the past 11yrs. Never had side effects EXCEPT a fair shade SKIN BLEMISH on my chin. I've remained slim/trim yet I've live a healthy active lifestyle. NOW however -- I'm now 61 and no clue whether to stop using Premarin. I did for 2/3mths but had hot flushes & strong mood swings. Google info warns of Danger to health if taken longer than 10yrs. I've taken it NOW FOE NEARLY 30yrs! ANY ADVICE / must I stop ?? Love to hear of anyones else experiences in a similar situation Bravegirl”

JD October 26, 2019

For Oophorectomy: “Had surgery in 1985 due to endometriosis. Am currently 72. My dosage is 1.25. A month after surgery I was advised to take HRT 21 days on and 7 off and repeat. That left me with "PMS" during the 7 day off period. Dr advised that off time was necessary to avoid estrogen build-up. I decided to take estrogen for 5 days and 2 days off. This has served me well. Through the years for one reason or another I would try other products. BUT, I always returned to Premarin: The Brand Name. The generics I tried were always found wanting. Concerning Insurance: while I was employed the insurance was never a problem. I retired at 55 years old receiving Social Security Disability. After being disabled for 2 years one must apply and accept Medicare. Changing all coverages and in my case lessening them. Medicare Part D has been a godsend for many, but not me.”

Kit · Taken for 10 years or more October 26, 2019

For Oophorectomy: “Now 73. Partial hysterectomy at 27, symptoms of menopause and thyroid failure at 35, extreme depression and suicidal at 43. Doctor tested estrogen and it was almost nonexistent. I was on the .625 Premarin dosage for about 15 years (thyroid medication was prescribed during that time also) and then switched to .3 with no problems. I read that it is not usually prescribed after 70 and asked my doctor what to do, afraid of the symptoms coming back. She said many older patients reduce their medication, so at 70, I cut back to 3 tablets of .3 a week and am happy to report that I have had no problems. My EHB covers 80% of the cost. This pill saved my life!”

Mia Brown August 23, 2019

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I have been taken Premarin every since I had my hysterectomy in 2007 it works fantastic for my hot flashes.”

Anonymous August 12, 2019

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “Wake up America!!! This drug comes from the urine of pregnant mares hooked up to a catheter their entire life!!!! The horses have to have foals and what happens to them? Choose a synthetic form. Educate yourself. ”

Happy 123 · Taken for less than 1 month May 27, 2019

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “At 50 years old and being peri menopausal I started feeling crazy, I was very angry, bitter, agitated everyday. I was never ever this way before this. My periods were longer than usual. Went to Dr. who found a fibroid. Went on premarin .625 which saved my life. I was thinking about not wanting to live anymore before starting on Premarin - so sad. After 1 month on premarin I am back to me!!!!!! Very happy and loving life.”

Cee · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 17, 2019

For Atrophic Vaginitis: “Bad, real bad, avoid!”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 21, 2019

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I had problems with painful intercourse and Premarin improved it and increased my libido”

KC · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 17, 2019

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I highly recommend adding a bio-identical to a premarin regimen. I began experiencing overactive bladder and recurrent UTIs. My PCP did not recommend an OBGYN until I was having the UTIs and wanted a compounded prescription. My dosage was played-with or changed many times without doing any bloodwork by my PCP. Don't think your PCP knows what they're doing. Get in touch with a doctor who works with a compounding pharmacy that specializes in hormone replacement.”

BorzoiDiva · Taken for less than 1 month September 25, 2018

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “Doc prescribed it, but asked her to switch to Estrace and have good results. Y'all do realize that Premarine is a shortened version of Pregnant Mare Urine which is what it's made from? They take large (most commonly Belgium Draft Horses) and confine them in small stalls for their 11-month gestation with their tails tied up and catheters on to harvest their urine. Female foals are cycled back into the program. Males are useless so sold off to auction houses, some are lucky to get purchased by rescues, others are sold to end up as horsemeat in other countries. The mares are bred again once they've foaled to continue the cycle. Ironic that a drug developed to help post productive human females is derived from horrific treatment of female horses during their productive years. It is an awful life. Please find an alternative.”

Linda · Taken for 10 years or more May 8, 2018

For Oophorectomy: “I took Premarin 0.625 following an oophorectomy at 36. At 58 I was advised to come off it, as I was past the age of menopause but I got really bad Atrophic Vaginitis. I went back on it for another 7 years and have been off for a year. Doctor now reluctant to write prescription as I'm 65. Now been given Vagifem but miss my Premarin so much. Anyone take it after 65? Tempted to buy on Internet but worried that might stop too. No health issues or other medication”

Gottahavehope March 18, 2018

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “Experienced menopause at an early age, had extreme menstrual problems from the beginning starting at about age 8. I am told after going through much menstrual problems my whole life I have several fibroids. Hoping that after menopause they would naturally shrink. Mine grew and cause me extreme pain. Hormone therapy has relieved this pain. However side effects I think cause me anxiety and I cry easily. When I try to cut back I only take it twice a week the pain comes back which is severe. I cannot stop taking it but the cost is almost $300 of prescription for I have no insurance for this. I noticed in the comments no one else mentions it used for this problem does anyone know”

Dimples42 · Taken for less than 1 month March 13, 2018

For Atrophic Vaginitis: “I used this cream for one month. I had to stop because it made my breast hurt so bad. I have a history of lumps in my breast so of course when I found out this cream increase your chance for breast cancer I had to stop. Will not use again.”

Fbuds March 12, 2018

For Primary Ovarian Failure: “Had a hysterectomy at age 35 with ovaries left in tact. Night sweats appeared gradually and by age 53 were intolerable. I was awake most of night and kept my husband up as well. Was prescribed Premarin at the lowest dose. I experienced relief after 2 days. I can’t believe how much better I feel. Now 2 weeks in my brain fog is gone and I am so happy. I didn’t realize how depressed I was. No side affects at all. Just look forward to peaceful sleeps at night”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month March 10, 2018

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “Vivelle-Dot patch is the best to use. Natural plant based Beta-17 Estradiol that bypasses your liver. Adjusted well for the PH of my skin. This is the one to use, not horse urine!”

Btty · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 23, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “Terrible stuff. Made me gain 45 lbs. My bones hurt. Got off it and the pain went away”

millikash November 30, 2017

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “One of the worst medicine I ever had to conceive baby. It will lead u to miscarriage.”

njb63 · Taken for less than 1 month October 16, 2017

For Atrophic Vaginitis: “I was given this to help with Vaginal Atrophy that resulted in painful UTI like symptoms and painful sex. By the third week I got limited relief from those symptoms, but had debilitating dizziness and horrible hot flashes. This stuff took me from having had a handful of hot flashes in my entire life to 5 or 6 a night. Not taking it any more.”

overlyworkedup October 13, 2017

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “So I just started this yesterday and wonder I am feeling a little bit worked up (sexually charged) has anyone else experienced this? My main concern was dryness I had a hysterectomy, 11 years ago and was taking Estradiol and didn't really feel anything different would still get the hot flashes mostly during the day but BOY o BOY today definitely increased libido! Just looking to see if this is normal?”