User Reviews for Prempro

Prempro has an average rating of 6.9 out of 10 from a total of 52 ratings on Drugs.com. 54% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 30% reported a negative experience.

Postmenopausal Symptoms
6.9
Oophorectomy
Osteoporosis
Summary of Prempro reviews 6.9 52 reviews

Reviews for Prempro

Carrie · Taken for 1 to 6 months · February 7, 2020

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “Started taking Prempro 2 months ago (at 51) for severe hot flashes (like 4 an hour) sleeplessness and mood swings. Within 4 days, hot flashes subsided, within 1 week, they were gone! After 2 months, I have not experienced any side effects other than lack of horrible effects of menopause.”

Sue · Taken for 1 to 6 months · September 1, 2019

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I am 54 and have been experiencing horrible symptoms from menopause for years. I tried every natural hormone replacement, but not one ever helped all of my symptoms. My night sweats, heart flashes, tiredness, weight gain, energy and depression was unbearable. I went to my MD and spoke to my GYN and both recommend Prempro. I finally broke down and paid my co-pay of $140.00. As soon as I started this medication, I started feeling less tired and my mood was much better. Now my heat flashes, night sweats and weight gain has stopped! The best I have felt in years! I highly recommend this product, but the cost is way too high. I contacted Pzier I received this medication for free. They go by your income. Anyone experiencing the same symptoms, they should try this medication and take your life back! Sue”

Jaxc13 · Taken for less than 1 month · November 13, 2020

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “Within days of taking prempro all my symptoms started lifting, barely any hot flashes. Anxiety is gone, so is the emotional crying over anything, All the mood swings are gone. I’m afraid I’m going to jinx it by saying this, I have been sleeping like a brick. I have energy, memory fog has lifted and still getting better each day. I’m so happy prempro is working. I have tried every natural and I was suffering. I’m so happy this is working”

Rlynn · Taken for less than 1 month · March 16, 2021

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I was feeling stuck in perpetual PMS. I was really moody, starving all the time, tired and unmotivated and gaining weight. Hot flashes were about to finish me off. My Dr gave me a prescription for Prempro. I noticed a difference in 2 days! I am so much less moody, have more motivation and way less hungry. Tonight will be my 4th dose and I honestly cannot wait to see how I feel after a week.”

seizurefree · January 17, 2019

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “At 39 I started having confusion, panic attacks and partial seizures. I lost my license. It was the worst two years of my life. I went to a neurologist who put me on strong anti-seizure meds. I told him on more than one occasion that I thought it was hormone related and he didn't think so. I went to my OBgyn and had her remove my IUD because I thought it was all hormone related. She reluctantly did it.. but didn't think that it would do any good. I waited almost a year and my menstrual cycle never came back but I started having severe hot flashes several times a day and still having seizures and panic attacks. So finally I went back to my OB and begged her to test my hormone levels. Low and behold I was in full on menopause. I started Prempro and I haven't had a seizure, panic attack, confusion or anything else since.. even after stopping all of my anti-seizure medications.”

EBRULZ · Taken for 1 to 6 months · March 5, 2019

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I hit menopause at 43 and didn’t know what to do. I originally started taking a vitamin pack designed for menopause but the price was a bit outrageous When I saw my doc she suggested taking a low dose (1.5) of Prempro. Wow! I liked the vitamins but I really love what Prempro gave me. No hot flashes anymore! Restful Sleep! I have also noted a decrease in my appetite which for awhile there was the same as a teenaged boy! Overall I’m very happy after being very worried about taking an HRT. The only side effect I’ve experienced in the negative is my breasts are a bit more tender than norm. Not sore so much as tender Good Luck to all. I found this very helpful”

Anonymous · February 3, 2017

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I am a 56 year old women in post-menopause. I have been suffering with hot flashes for 16 years and I finally decided that I cannot do this anymore. I started Prempro two weeks ago and I am officially hot flash free and happier then I have been in years! I cannot believe that it took me this many years to do this. I was always scared of the risks involved. I am so happy I made this decision because my life is now amazing. I have not experienced and side affects at this point. Hopefully that will continue.”

Newell02 · June 29, 2021

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I was prescribed Prempro 6 years ago at age 53.5 and it proved to be very beneficial. At about the 5 year mark, my doctor strongly encouraged that I wean off Prempro, informing me that my chances of breast cancer and/or stroke increases after 5 years. I asked to please stay on Prempro as I believe my quality of life is far more important than the slight risks associated with extended use. She reluctantly prescribed another year. Ten months ago I made the decision to wean off Prempro, and I can honestly say it was the worst decision. My quality of life plummeted, my menopausal symptoms returned, and most alarming of all I experienced extreme knee/ joint pain which compromised my active lifestyle. I shared this with my doctor and she suggested I get back on Prempro. I am on my second dose and l am looking forward to having back my quality of life!”

For Sure · Taken for 1 to 6 months · August 20, 2012

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I have been on this medication for 37 days. My day and night sweats are no longer severe. I only toss my comforter once a night as opposed to many times. My day sweats are no longer embarrassing, e.g. while talking with coworkers, I would without warning began to get warm, hot, and then dripping in sweat to include my hair. My mood swings are gone, I am back to normal. LOVING IT.”

Lizzy · Taken for 5 to 10 years · November 11, 2020

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I was having night sweats waking every hour hot flashes etc. Asked my doctor about HRT and decided I wanted pill form. It took about 1 month for all symptoms to go away. I have been on Prempro (lowest dose available) for 10 years and love it!! I just recently had a spot on my mammogram that scared me which turned out to be a cyst. So I decided to go off Prempro. It has been 6 weeks and I miss it. I have begun to have some hot flashes and night sweats and headaches. My mood actually seems to have improved but who knows this year has been crazy for all. I want to go back on it as I felt younger better skin etc. As I side note I was on birth control pills for 20 years”

Jules · January 28, 2020

“I’m 54 and started taking prempro for 3 months and hot flashes and night sweats are gone. I’m not as irritable as I was, and not as tired. I am very active gym, running, biking etc so I think that helps with meditation. Only thing I have noticed some mild bloating. It’s not so bad that I will stop using. Hope this was helpful”

Shorty · Taken for less than 1 month · September 17, 2018

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I have only been on this medication for four days, praying it begins to do its job and that I don’t get any side effects.. I have noticed a huge difference in dryness in a vagina which is awesome. My doctor said she believes it would kick my weight in gear and I should start losing, a little worried now after reading some comments however I have noticed a big change in my want to eat.. this is really good!!! Mood swings are still there as well so I’m hoping after 1 week I see a big change.. wish me luck”

Suzie · Taken for 5 to 10 years · August 24, 2018

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I started Prempro in 2009, still taking it 9 years later at age 62. I found it helpful for prevention of hot flashes initially, and now helpful for vaginal dryness and overall dryness. My OBGYN says I can continue to take it as long as I'm finding it beneficial. No problems at all. $30 a month is a little pricey, but worth it.”

Millie15 · July 20, 2017

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I was prescribed .625 Prempro at the age of 38. I had early onset menopause. My body responded wonderfully to this dosage. I took me about a month for me to not feel groggy and light headed. After that subsided it's been great. I am 50 now and my doctor would like to start weaning me off to since I've been on it for so long. I am going to start half the dose to see how my body reacts.”

jrvwyo · July 22, 2019

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “Menopause started at 50. The hot flashes were so miserable that it was difficult to function. I was having 4 per hour, each lasting 4-6 minutes, 24/7. I wasn't sleeping, was difficult to work, and just plain miserable. My doctor put me on a low dose which helped a little, then increased to 0.625mg. That was perfect. That was 8 years ago. My husband retired a couple months ago so I lost insurance. I was hoping after 8 years, I might not need Prempro any longer so weaned myself off. The hot flashes are back just as bad as 8 years ago. I have new insurance, but my co-pay used to be $20.00. It's now $162. I can't afford it at that price. I broke down and purchased it to get relief. I'm looking at different options. Without insurance, it would cost well over $200.00. We only have one pharmacy in town. I tried using the App GoodRX and the coupon was for $206.00. That wasn't helpful. I will be looking at other options where I might be able to get it through the mail from a different pharmacy.”

Florence_1967 · November 14, 2015

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I feel normal again. No hot flashes. I'm sleeping at night. I started taking my pills at night because they make you a bit relaxed or tired but overall, I love it!! My doctor stated she doesn't recommend taking it for more than two years. It's been almost 8 months for me”

Vikbik · Taken for less than 1 month · November 18, 2019

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I'm 44 yrs old. I haven't had a period in over 4yrs . My hormones were out of whack. My symptoms I was having were hair loss, hot flashes and I was mean and hateful. My doctor put me on Prempro. I've been on it for a month now... Hot flashes are gone. My hair stopped falling out. My breast didn't get too bad tender but they did get fuller. My mood has not changed, I'm still moody. I already had acid reflux and Prempro made it even WORSE! My feet feel a little swelled, or at least my shoes feel tighter. And I do feel a little bloated. I've decided to stop taking Prempro. I would rather deal with the hot flashes and hair loss than the acid reflux flare ups.”

missmeow1947 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · August 6, 2016

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “Immediately following my very last period I started having severe hot flashes. So bad that they made me jump out of bed. Changes clothes or I'd start freezing, even in mid summer. So started low dose Prempro. It took about 5 days to start helping. After taking it for about 8 months it stopped working. I even tried taking it twice a day a couple times thinking the dose was to low but still no help. So now Im going to go to another different doctor to see what else can be done to prevent my misery. Also want to mention that since menopause, I have zero Interest in sexual relations with my husband. I just wondered if anyone else has had this medication work then stop all together? Thank you for reading my story. I sure hope to find something”

FLybies · November 8, 2009

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “Periods recommenced on using this, also got menstrual cramps (which I had before so no huge deal). Lost all sweating symptoms and skin became less dry, although skin is itchy. Other than this I have had no other bad side effects; have been on this medicine now for approximately 6 months.”

Hope · Taken for 2 to 5 years · September 18, 2018

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I took prempro, for about four and a half years. I started at the age of 57 and it did help with some of my problems. But ended up gaining 50lbs and also, developed breast cancer at the age of 62. I have three other sisters and none of them or any other women in our family have had breast cancer. Think before you take this pill. I am know longer on prempro, and I have all my menopausal symptom back in full force.”

Moodymama · Taken for less than 1 month · November 4, 2018

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I have experienced terrible hot flashes for over a year now. GYN said I was in menopause (at 51) so started on Prempo (1.5 mg) two weeks ago. Hot flashes are almost none, started my period this month after not having one in almost a year...bummer! My husband and kids say I'm more moody, and not myself. I've noticed I am less tolerable (that could be my age) of things I normally would be. Also, not as hungry as normal. Overall, I feel better so far, still early.”

Kat · Taken for 1 to 2 years · May 11, 2019

For Osteoporosis: “I started Prempro a little over a year ago for my bone health. I have had no side affects and it stopped my night sweats. Osteoporosis is rampant in my family as we are very small boned women. I am 55 and almost menopausal, hasn't been a year yet without a period. I have osteopenia and hoping this med and weightlifting will help. My weight hasn't changed at all which is fine I'm 120lbs. I recommend this medicine, it works so far for me. Good luck.”

My3loves · October 30, 2011

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I have been using Prempro for about 1 1/2 months and it has taken and got rid of the hot flashes on the 1st day! The only symptoms I have had are tenderness in the breast area. Hope it keeps working.”

Scorpia · Taken for less than 1 month · March 5, 2015

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I have been struggling with night sweats, flashes and mood swings. I have noticed caffeine and stress brings on the flashes. I haven't figured out what starts the night sweats, so i keep my house 70 degrees and below sometimes to sleep. I noticed that when I put a washcloth next to my bed (in a plastic bag not to ruin furniture) at night to place on my chest when the flashing starts, helps it to subside immediately. I am on day for of the Prempro and this stuff is awesome. The frequency of the flashing has decreased and when it tries to come back it isn't as intense. I think taking it the same time everyday has helped with that. I will sit down maybe an hour after taking the Prempro and it feels like I'm super relaxed or sleepy.”

p · Taken for 2 to 5 years · October 31, 2019

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I was 52 when I started with the night sweats. Never had any hot flashes durning the day. (Thank God) The night sweats kept me up and down most nights. After sharing this with my doctor, right away I was prescribed Prempro. It was a little expensive, but worth it. I took it for three years. Throughout the years, I began to have a menstrual cycle. I can recall having one for six weeks. I was in and out of the doctor's office frequently. The final conclusion was it was a side effect of the medication. I have been off of it now for six weeks and things are not so bad at all.”