User Reviews for Prempro

Learn more about Prempro.

Postmenopausal Symptoms 10 reviews 202 medications

6.4
Oophorectomy 1 reviews 34 medications

Summary of Prempro reviews 11 reviews 4.7

Reviews for Prempro

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "I had a heavy painful period and was clotty. Also breast tenderness. I needed stop this medicine after being on it just one month...."

Krimpet August 9, 2016

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "Immediately following my very last period I started having severe hot flashes. So bad that they made me jump out of bed. Changes clothes or I'd start freezing, even in mid summer. So started low dose Prempro. It took about 5 days to start helping. After taking it for about 8 months it stopped working. I even tried taking it twice a day a couple times thinking the dose was to low but still no help. So now Im going to go to another different doctor to see what else can be done to prevent my misery. Also want to mention that since menopause, I have zero Interest in sexual relations with my husband. I just wondered if anyone else has had this medication work then stop all together? Thank you for reading my story. I sure hope to find something"

missmeow1947 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 6, 2016

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "No sleeping w/o Prempro .0625 but I cannot reasonably continue to pay the outrageous, escalating price! Have nothing that helps pay for it. The price goes up almost monthly."

debles July 29, 2016

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "I feel normal again. No hot flashes. I'm sleeping at night. I started taking my pills at night because they make you a bit relaxed or tired but overall, I love it!! My doctor stated she doesn't recommend taking it for more than two years. It's been almost 8 months for me"

Florence_1967 November 14, 2015

"Has not worked one bit still have day and night sweats occurring every hour"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 6, 2015

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "I have been struggling with night sweats, flashes and mood swings. I have noticed caffeine and stress brings on the flashes. I haven't figured out what starts the night sweats, so i keep my house 70 degrees and below sometimes to sleep. I noticed that when I put a washcloth next to my bed (in a plastic bag not to ruin furniture) at night to place on my chest when the flashing starts, helps it to subside immediately. I am on day for of the Prempro and this stuff is awesome. The frequency of the flashing has decreased and when it tries to come back it isn't as intense. I think taking it the same time everyday has helped with that. I will sit down maybe an hour after taking the Prempro and it feels like I'm super relaxed or sleepy."

Scorpia (taken for less than 1 month) March 5, 2015

"I started on Prempro on September 2, 2013 for my night sweats, hot flashes and mood swings. I was on it for almost two months. The first month was fine, but during the second month I developed way too many severe side effects. I had: swelling of hands and ankles, breast enlargement and pain, severe bloating, vaginal irritation, acne, my mood swings worsten, and I gained a lot weight gain. The night sweats and the hot flashes got better, but the side effects were much worst then the night sweats and hot flashes. I started on Healthy Woman Soy Menopause Supplement and it took care of the night sweats and hot flashes without all of the other side effects. This drug is definitely not for everybody and my advice would be to listen to your body!"

Listen to your body October 29, 2013

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "I have been on this medication for 37 days. My day and night sweats are no longer severe. I only toss my comforter once a night as opposed to many times. My day sweats are no longer embarrassing, e.g. while talking with coworkers, I would without warning began to get warm, hot, and then dripping in sweat to include my hair. My mood swings are gone, I am back to normal. LOVING IT."

For Sure (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 20, 2012

For Oophorectomy "I am 22 and underwent Oophorectomy surgery following 2 massive ovarian cysts on each ovary. Right out of surgery I was prescribed Prempro and had to take it. I experienced hot flashes for the first few days. The Dr told me that if I felt bloated I can skip a week and I will have a small period, which I have done. I had cramps and sporadic bleeding, but the bloating never went away. I have gained a lot of weight that has been really hard to lose and I have been on this medicine for only 3 months. I also have really bad acne all over my face that I haven't had since Junior High. Once I go back to the Drs I will be asking to try another Hormone Replacement Therapy."

cbemt April 5, 2012

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "Took this medicine for 18 days. Hot flashes nausea and migraines disappeared after about a week. Then on the 10th day I felt nausea and migraine come on, since then no more symptoms. Not sure if it's okay to not take it anymore now that feel better."

Chutney December 3, 2011

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "I have been using Prempro for about 1 1/2 months and it has taken and got rid of the hot flashes on the 1st day! The only symptoms I have had are tenderness in the breast area. Hope it keeps working."

My3loves October 30, 2011

"Suffered depression symptoms, as I continued medication depression got worse. Stopped taking it and it took 1 week for depression to diminish."

Anonymous October 26, 2011

"I have been on Prempro for 15 years. I am 57 now and have not had any problems. I call this my chill pill, works great for me. Yesterday my doctor took me off of them and gave me another pill called activella, she said I have been on Prempro long enough and wants me to try the other pill. Wish me luck don't know anything about Activella."

Anonymous August 25, 2011

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "I have been using this medicine for 1 year for hot flashes and now I have developed sore breasts. Otherwise this medicine is great no more hot flashes. Have to use vaginal cream also."

Anonymous March 17, 2011

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "Periods recommenced on using this, also got menstrual cramps (which I had before so no huge deal). Lost all sweating symptoms and skin became less dry, although skin is itchy. Other than this I have had no other bad side effects; have been on this medicine now for approximately 6 months."

FLybies November 8, 2009