User Reviews for Osphena

Dyspareunia
6.5

Summary of Osphena reviews 6.5 16 reviews

Reviews for Osphena

For Dyspareunia "I've been taking osphena for 8 months now and it helped my vaginal dryness..but side effects are hot flashes, slight headache and gaining weight! To date is my heaviest weight in my entire life...anyhow, before I had to pay $0 with my old insurance but now I have a new insurance and its not covering the osphena. It's so expensive to pay $243 every time I refill. I can't afford it anymore. My obgyn said there's no generic for osphena and she didn't give me any alternative. :("

myy July 5, 2018

For Dyspareunia "I have gained 5 kgs. I am quitting this. I feel bloated."

Piaaz (taken for less than 1 month) June 14, 2018

For Dyspareunia "I've been taking Osphena for two months. It has definitely helped with dryness. However I have constant discharge and have gained 6 lbs. I am not eating more and was the same weight for years. It is crazy. I thought that I would stop gaining and my body would go back to normal but it hasn't. I'm going off the medicine and trying the Femilift."

Ei (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 27, 2018

For Dyspareunia "I am 30 years old, this med has been a blessing to my life!!!! After 4 days of taking it I could feel the difference. I recommend this med to anyone who may be experiencing this issue. I also haven't had any side affects."

Peg (taken for less than 1 month) February 28, 2018

For Dyspareunia "I am 65, have taken Osphena for about 2 1/2 years now, no side effects ever noted. How quickly I had positive results after starting this med, I do not remember. I do know that my sexual desire increased, and my poor once-dry vagina now lubricates with even the thought of having intercourse. I make sure I do everything I can to stay healthy, so I can continue this medication and stay sexually active for a long time. My husband is thrilled, too!"

HappyMama (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 27, 2017

For Dyspareunia "Osphenia came into my life via a rep to the office. I'm a Female GP who sees vag complaints daily. I personally had gotten through the big pump bottle of lube every few months. Osphenia makes me as wet and tight as I was before we married 28 yrs ago according to my husband. Much better sex for both of us and no lube needed .Chronic headaches lifelong, no worse."

hot doc (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 30, 2017

For Dyspareunia "I have always had an active sex life; at about age 59, sex became very painful. Put up with it for several years until I discovered Osphena. It has made life so much better. There is still some discomfort, but that is a minimal price to pay to be intimate with my husband of 45 years. I would highly recommend this drug. :)"

gertella June 7, 2017

For Dyspareunia "Everyone is obviously so different. My experience wasn't even close to as positive as some of the others have mentioned. Thankfully I received a physicians sample, and did not purchase it. I took about 6 days worth, and noticed increased discharge. After taking it for another 7 days, I woke up with the worst headache. Headaches are very rare for me. Then I noticed some spotting on my underware. By the evening I was sweating heavily, and just felt horrible. It was then that I decided to look up side effects. I have discontinued taking this medication. It's just not worth the side effects for me. Your mileage will certainly vary."

SheXy (taken for less than 1 month) November 23, 2016

For Dyspareunia "I noticed some improvement after a few weeks, but still had some mild discomfort and spotting after intercourse. I have gained weight (about 5 pounds in a 6-week period), I have headaches, I have hot flashes and some severe leg cramping (not a normal problem even with my line dancing). I am going to discontinue this drug."

Dancing woman (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 15, 2016

For Dyspareunia "Horrible hot flashes and depression."

Dolcet (taken for less than 1 month) September 5, 2016

For Dyspareunia "I have experienced a 90% reduction in both vaginal bleeding and painful intercourse. This medication is miraculous. I enjoy sex again!"

Sue T. August 28, 2016

For Dyspareunia "I am a 58 year old woman who entered menopause at 40. I have dealt with severe dispariunia, vaginal atrophy and dryness for years now. I have tried everything on the market. My doctor has given me prescriptions for creams, HRT, suppositories, none of which gave me anything but temporary relief. Intercourse has been extremely painful and difficult. After talking to my doctor at length, I decided to try it. I noticed a significant difference within 5 days. I was nearly pain free during intercourse! Then the headaches began. A dull, consistent ache in the right side of my head. There was also intermittent nausea. This medication is a God send IF you don't suffer any side effects. Unfortunately, I can no longer take Osphena."

Travelingstar10 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 21, 2016

For Dyspareunia "Sex had become so painful and no matter how much lubricant we used it just did not work. I dreaded sex and had no desire for it. I suffered for 3 years. One my yearly exam with Gynecologist she told me I was fire engine red down there so we discussed Osphena. After three days I noticed a difference. This is hard to share but I know feel like I am 30 down there LOL ( I am 50) . I have sexual urges again. I get lubrication just thinking about sex. My husband is thrilled and said its like before my menopause. I have nothing bad to say about this. It has given me back my sex life. I must admit I am worried about the side effects that can happen. So, I want to keep check ups regularly. I have heard some gain weight on this. I have not."

Jujuhere March 5, 2016

For Dyspareunia "Made a significant positive difference in post-menopause symptoms. However, substantial side effects, worst off which is facial edema with distortion to facial features. Tested this by stopping the med several times to clear it from system and when did this, edema disappeared but reappeared once resume the drug. Also, strong hot flashes and sweating. No weight gain."

willow853 November 10, 2015

For Dyspareunia "Just started taking Osphena after fighting with insurance for almost 3 years to allow it to be covered. (cash price $204 .00) After 3 days use I have noticed an increase of natural vaginal lubricant. I can't wait to start having a sex life again with my husband! Looking forward to the promises and not to worried about the side effects. Thank You Osphena for bringing us back to life!"

slmarks.phx.az July 5, 2015

For Dyspareunia "This medication started working immediately. Within three days--more moisture. Within the next week, my interest in sex returned and I felt a major decrease in pain. I have been using this medication for 5 months now. Am I completely discomfort free? No. However, with use of a lubricant like coconut oil (best I've used) or olive oil (second best), both of which are the most like the body's natural moisture and some modifications in position or speed, this medicine has been a miracle for us. Unlike when we were young, it takes more preparation to be physically ready for intercourse, but we've adapted to those changes. I was/am frightened by the potential side effects. The only drawback for me at this point is an increase night sweats"

Marthasville (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 9, 2015