User Reviews for CeraVe

Dry Skin
1.9

Reviews may be moderated to correct grammar/spelling or remove inappropriate language. Reviews that appear to be created by parties with a vested interest in the medication will not be published.

Reviews for CeraVe

RobK · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 28, 2020

For Dry Skin: “I used CeraVe moisturizers for 8 months to treat dryness on my face. In that time, my skin became increasingly red, inflamed, itchy, and dry—so dry in fact, that it would crack and bleed at times. I'm over 40 and I have never had eczema, but now I had it all over my face and soon spots were popping up all over my back, arms, and legs. CeraVe was always recommended as being "safe" so I trusted it, but the day I stopped using CeraVe products completely, my symptoms improved. In lieu of a patch test, I have reason to believe I am allergic to "tocopherol" (Vitamin E) found in every CeraVe product I used. (Not surprisingly, many foods that caused marked flare-ups also contained tocopherols) I am now using another moisturizer that does not contain tocopherol but uses oatmeal instead. My skin is slowly getting better but it will be weeks if not months before I am fully recovered. I hope this information can help someone.”

Dryskin · Taken for less than 1 month December 24, 2020

For Dry Skin: “I was told to use this by my dermatologist. It’s been about a month and it was working great! The last couple days my cheeks have been red and splotchy, my chin is getting eczema spots and tonight my cheeks felt like they were on fire. I thought it was because I was in the cold today, so I put more on, it was instant stinging and heat on my cheeks. I washed it off and it relieved the feeling almost 99%. So disappointed!”

Nick · Taken for less than 1 month March 1, 2021

For Dry Skin: “I have used CeraVe for my diabetics dry skin only once and it was a disaster . The dry skin began to peel off and my leg began to bleed and it was painful.....never again. The tube of Cera Ve has no warning of these conditions and the matter should be reported.”

Linn · Taken for less than 1 month April 2, 2020

For Dry Skin: “Started using CeraVe Facial Moisturizer as I had been using their under eye cream and had gotten good results with it. But what a surprise that after only 3 days of using it twice a day, the skin around my cheeks, nose and mouth developed a horrible and itchy rash, which my dermatologist later confirmed was contact dermatitis. Wouldn’t recommend it to anyone who has very sensitive skin.”

Darlene April 24, 2019

For Dry Skin: “I used Cerave lotion all over my body and broke out in hives! Every where I scratch there were lines raised definitely an allergic reaction they should put something on the bottle saying that there is a chance that you could be allergic to this type of lotion. But they make it sound so benign. I'm absolutely miserable and it's been 4 days since I applied the Cerave lotion. Still have hives. 5 showers later!”

Patti · Taken for less than 1 month May 26, 2019

For Dry Skin: “I used CeraVe Renewing SA Cleanser on/off for a week. After a week of FINALLY figuring out why my neck was BURNING and prickly itchy it dawned on me. I just started using CeraVe. DO NOT BUY if you have sensitive skin. This stuff basically just burned my skin. I have huge patches of what looks like I burned my skin with scalding water on both sides of my neck. The only thing now that releases it is cool water. If not better in a week I'll have to go to the doctor. This is awful stuff”

Bella · Taken for less than 1 month November 22, 2019

For Dry Skin: “Used CeraVe as I heard it was good for sensitive/dry/eczema prone skin.. after a couple days of using the cleanser and moisturiser my face and neck broke out in tiny red itchy bumps ALL OVER. It wasn't patches, it was a rash completely covering my skin - never had anything like it before. I stopped using immediately. Solved it by washing my skin with only water for the next week or so and used hydrocortisone cream mixed in with my Aveeno moisturiser all over the affected area :( So disappointed but obviously some products don't work for everyone. I suggest you take care and patch test if you're considering buying ! :)”

Lynn · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 12, 2020

For Dry Skin: “Found several CeraVe products in a rarely used cabinet and called to inquire about viability. Had the original boxes and stamped codes. The products were Vitamin C and Resurfacing Retinol which contain active ingredients. I was informed they only give out beauty advice and no expiration info. Really???? Active ingredients don’t last forever and never had a company refuse that info. Told me to call corporate and gave me a number which connected to L’Oreal. No answer. Even after several tries. So that is my recent experience with CeraVe which I have used faithfully for many years. No more. And I will spread the word.”

jenna · Taken for less than 1 month March 28, 2019

For Dry Skin: “I used CeraVe for two days and my face looks horrible !! I've never seen my face the way it looks. Theres a rash all over and I'm so insecure now. I feel like everyone keeps looking at me. I don't know what to do”

ItchyRedFace · Taken for less than 1 month April 20, 2019

For Dry Skin: “I used Cerave Moisurizing Cream for Normal to Dry Skin on my face on the 18th of April and by the 19th I had dry itchy red patches all over my face. It is now the 20th and the red rash has calmed somewhat but is still there and its still ITCHY. Taking Benadryl until I can see my doctor. I had heard great things about this cream and am extremely disappointed. Hoping the drug store I bought it at will take it back. I USED IT ONCE!”

lol · Taken for less than 1 month January 5, 2021

For Dry Skin: “I have used cerave for both my hands and my face. I had no problems applying it on my face, and there was no reaction. however when I put it on my hands (which are currently very irritated) they began to burn...”

Margo February 18, 2020

For Dry Skin: “Bought CeraVe moisturizing cream at Costco after my dermatologist told me I have very dry skin. I’ve been using it pretty much everywhere including my face. After a week of using daily I woke up with hives showing up everywhere! Didn’t even think the hives were related to the new cream. Had hives again today so I have to admit it is the culprit! Took Benadryl and will have to take another.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month August 14, 2018

For Dry Skin: “I tried CeraVe at the urging of my mother who felt that it was a good lotion for hydration, however, my personal experience was that it was a bit greasy and did not soak into the skin well and definitely didn't last very long before needing to be reapplied. I bought it and used it once. I only kept the bottle in case my mother comes over and requests it. Otherwise I would have just thrown it away. Deeply disappointed.”

MarshaMarciaMarsha · Taken for less than 1 month October 26, 2020

For Dry Skin: “I used CeraVe on my skin and it broke me out with hives my entire body itched like crazy I ended up taking 3 showers to feel better never will I use it again I also had red spots on my body horrible product!”

Bruce · Taken for less than 1 month June 21, 2020

For Dry Skin: “My cheeks became puffy and bright red. Maybe it was the hyaluronic acid. Checked out online ratings, this produce is very low. 1.4/10. Disappointing that CeraVe would put this product on the market. Look for something else to use on my face after shaving and shower to keep face from drying out.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month January 1, 2020

For Dry Skin: “Absolutely horrible. On the second week of using Skin Renewing Retinol Serum around my eye area, my skin began to burn when I applied it. I woke up one morning with huge scaly patches all over my eyes. My under eyes now look and feels like elephant skin! This has been the worst experience I have ever had with a “beauty product”.”

loblo · Taken for less than 1 month December 16, 2020

For Dry Skin: “After using Cerave Eye Repair Cream for two nights I woke up at 2 am with extreme itching around my eyes. I woke up and they appeared wrinkly and red so I washed it off, took a Benadryl and went to bed. Woke up even worse like very red, swollen elephant skin. Used some Vanicream HD (hydrocortisone) and later in the day it's still very red and hot all around my eyes. I don't understand it because the ingredients seem fairly innocuous.”

RM · Taken for less than 1 month June 14, 2020

For Dry Skin: “I had non-infected, red spots as well as uncolored bumps on my thighs and back of arms I thought might be from clogged pores or hair follicles. I tried CeraVe with salicylic acid, applying after showering. After third application, I awoke with what others described: elephant skin with large raised portions of skin that seemed like water was pooling under the surface, hundreds of red spots that were not there before, and a mild tingling I associate with too much sun. My first thought was to take Benadryl, but the symptoms reduced significantly after my next shower. I chalk the whole experience up to my sensitive skin, plus an obvious reaction to the ingredients in the product.”

Anonymous November 11, 2020

For Dry Skin: “I bought CeRave SA for my cracked, rough, sand paper heels. The transformation was miraculous in less than a week. I began using it on my sun weathered chest and forearms with the same great results! Love it! My sun damaged, parched skin has never felt or looked better!”

Doreen · Taken for less than 1 month April 15, 2020

For Dry Skin: “CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion PM burnt my skin. Within a couple minutes of applying it my face became very red & my skin felt like it had a severe sun burn.”

Hat November 2, 2020

For Dry Skin: “Used the Cerave cream for dry skin. As recommended by my dermatologist. Developed a severe case of hives and rashes”

Michel · Taken for less than 1 month February 3, 2020

For Dry Skin: “ The first day I put this cream on, my cheeks became puffy, as if there was water underneath! My skin was also red.”

alyssa · Taken for less than 1 month February 10, 2019

“I was recommended the CeraVe AM facial moisturizer by my dermatologist. Having very sensitive skin, it cause a breakout of a rash on my face after using for only 2 days!”

Bonnie · Taken for less than 1 month October 15, 2020

For Dry Skin: “I used the hypotonic serum and the next day my skin was itchy, red and bumpy and face was swollen. I put on calamine lotion and my face felt cool instead of warm. My skin is better today .”

More about CeraVe (emollients topical)

Other brands