Generic name: Emollient Foam (ee MOL ee ents)
Brand name: Hylatopic, HylatopicPlus, Neosalus
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Oct 27, 2020.
Uses of HylatopicPlus:
- It is used to treat or prevent certain skin problems.
- It may be given to you for other reasons. Talk with the doctor.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take HylatopicPlus?
- If you are allergic to this medicine (HylatopicPlus); any part of this medicine (HylatopicPlus); or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had.
- If you have a skin rash caused by an allergy to a food or drug.
- If you have a wound that is bleeding.
This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with this medicine (HylatopicPlus).
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take this medicine (HylatopicPlus) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take HylatopicPlus?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take this medicine (HylatopicPlus). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Check with your doctor about how to use sunscreen with this medicine (HylatopicPlus).
- Talk with your doctor before you use other drugs or products on your skin.
- Some brands of this medicine (HylatopicPlus) may not be put on open sores, broken skin, or bad burns. Check with the doctor or pharmacist.
- Some products may have metal. These products need to be taken off before an MRI, cardioversion, radiation, or other procedure. Talk with the doctor about this medicine (HylatopicPlus) before any procedures.
- This medicine may cause harm if swallowed. If this medicine (HylatopicPlus) is swallowed, call a doctor or poison control center right away.
- This medicine may catch on fire. Do not use near an open flame or while smoking.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan on getting pregnant, or are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks to you and the baby.
How is this medicine (HylatopicPlus) best taken?
Use this medicine (HylatopicPlus) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Do not take this medicine (HylatopicPlus) by mouth. Use on your skin only. Keep out of your mouth, nose, ears, and eyes (may burn).
- Some of these drugs need to be shaken before use. Be sure you know if this product needs to be shaken before using it.
- Wash your hands before and after use. Do not wash your hands after use if putting this on your hand.
- Clean affected part before use. Make sure to dry well.
- Put on the affected part as you have been told.
- You may need to cover the treated area with a bandage or dressing. Talk with the doctor.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Put on a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- Many times this medicine (HylatopicPlus) is used on an as needed basis. Do not use more often than told by the doctor.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Signs of skin infection like oozing, heat, swelling, redness, or pain.
- Bleeding that is not normal from the affected part.
What are some other side effects of HylatopicPlus?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Skin irritation.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088. You may also report side effects at https://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out HylatopicPlus?
- Store at room temperature. Do not freeze.
- Protect from heat or open flame. Do not puncture or burn even if it seems empty.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about this medicine (HylatopicPlus), please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
More about HylatopicPlus (emollients topical)
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.