User Reviews for Ammonium lactate topical

Also known as: AmLactin, Lac-Hydrin, Geri-Hydrolac, Amlactin XL, Lac-Hydrin 5, Kerasal AL, AmLactin Cerapeutic Amlactin Ultra

Ammonium lactate topical has an average rating of 9.3 out of 10 from a total of 15 ratings on Drugs.com. 94% of those users who reviewed Ammonium lactate topical reported a positive effect, while 6% reported a negative effect.

Dry Skin
9.9
Ichthyosis
7.3
Pruritus
Summary of Ammonium lactate topical reviews 9.3 15 reviews

Reviews for Ammonium lactate topical

Lotty · Taken for less than 1 month March 9, 2021

For Pruritus: “I have chronic atopic contact eczema & have been prescribed prednisone & triamcinolone. Because of the steroidal side effects I was given the lowest possible amount in mg's for the oral (prednisone) & the topical cream which I take once every other day. On the other days I use ammonium lactate to alleviate the itchiness. So far it seems to.be working.”

seariita · Taken for less than 1 month February 14, 2021

“Amlactin is truly a lifesaver for my lifelong eczema which grew much worse due to menopause. As for having cradlecap on the scalp...any foot fungus medicine especially prescription strength works. Betamethasone Dipropionate Lotion 0.05% works on the scalp also. When the scalp has blisters that scab once pulled off there is moisture underneath and it keeps on going. Use any of the meds I listed for long term cure. It may come back years later but just use it again. Your scalp will be fully healed within 2 days. This site is a Godsend for sharing what works”

Mark · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 23, 2021

AmLactin (ammonium lactate) for Dry Skin: “This was a fantastic cream for helping me get rid of my back acne and keratosis pilaris (chest). It's amazing what moisture can do for one's skin! It doesn't smell too good, but it's not strong either. Put a little deodorant and scent and you should be fine.”

CoMaVi · Taken for less than 1 month April 19, 2014

Lac-Hydrin (ammonium lactate) for Dry Skin: “I purchased this for my son, who has a very bad case of Keratosis Pilaris (KP). This lotion is unscented, non-greasy and soaks in quickly. Best possible for an 8yr old boy. Applied after bath, once skin has dried, especially if skin was scrubbed or has any open sores, as it would sting those areas for a moment. Results of 1-2 daily applications were awesome! I was so impressed with how my son's skin was looking and feeling, I started applying it on my feet at bedtime in between pedicures. Wow! Great results again. Eventually, I began using it on my face, neck, chest and the rest of my body. My skin is now super smooth, has reduced fine lines, fewer pimples and dry skin patches. ”

scaley June 7, 2009

AmLactin (ammonium lactate) for Ichthyosis: “Amlactin was a life saver for me. I had tried everything under the sun. Couldn't stand to take a bath, couldn't stand not to. When I took off my clothes, skin flew everywhere. Big scales, cracked, red skin. Anyway, I use it all over my whole body, and it works. It stinks, but it works. It is too strong for my face. I haven't found a product for a face regimen. I am trying some stuff on my scalp. I have "cradle cap". My head always smells funky, and lately I have lost lots of hair. So, no solution yet for face or scalp. ”

MarketingVeep December 28, 2010

For Dry Skin: “Having had good results with alpha hydroxy products on my heels, I finally gave AmLactin lotion a try. Unlike lotions that just soften dry skin, the alpha hydroxy significantly aids the process of breaking down the rough dry skin so it sloughs off faster and better. Love it. The prior comments that AmLactin stinks has merit, but the slight ammonia-like odor really does dissipate and seems to not be noticeable to other people. I use the product at night so I don't worry about it. There is no stickiness, greasy after feel or staining. But most importantly, this smooths rough skin unlike anything I've sunk money into.”

j · Taken for 10 years or more February 21, 2020

AmLactin (ammonium lactate) for Ichthyosis: “I have had icthyosis for over 70 years. I have used Amlactin for the past 20 or so years after trying wearing rubber suits, other skin creams, etc. It works wonders. I live out doors in the summer in New England and the winter months is FL and am outside and inside with shorts and short sleeve shirts. My skin is clear but I must shower and immediately smooth Amlactin on my arms, face and legs. Thank you Amlactin!”

Ms. TJ Baker · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 13, 2018

Geri-Hydrolac (ammonium lactate) for Dry Skin: “I'm Back Of Being A Healthy; Attractive' African American Woman! Because Four Years Ago, My World Was Turned Up-Side Down. How So? A Brown Recluse Spider Bit Me!! And, It Left An Ugly Big Scar Patch On The Right Side Of My Face. I Tried Everything Over The Counter & Natural Remedies, Upon Reducing The Appearance, Nothing Worked! My Doctor Prescribed {Geri-Hydrolax} Lotion, Which Definitely Helped! But, I Need To Note: If You're An African American Person, You Need To Know; Using This Product, You Have To AVOID Direct SUNLIGHT! Because It Will {Cook Your Skin} Make You Turn Very Very Dark!! My Suggestion: Shower At Night, Towel Dry Your Skin, Then Apply The {Geri-Hydrolac} Lotion ALL Over, Because You Want Your Skin Too Look Even. Con't, Wait 10 - 15 Minutes Before You Put On Your Pajamas. 2nd Suggestion: In The Morning, QUICKLY RINSE Off Your Whole Body In Semi-Cold Shower Water, Towel Dry Your Skin, Then Use A Light Skin Moisturizer With Sunscreen Protection.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 24, 2016

For Dry Skin: “I developed severely dry feet after moving to Michigan from the mid-south, and I was regularly getting large painful blisters under the dry skin. It seemed counterintuitive to moisturize the skin vs using moleskin or similar, but it works. I use it for almost all dry, cracking skin and it works fast, healing things up in a couple days. It burns for a moment if I apply it to freshly scrubbed skin, but can't find anything else but positive results.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 3, 2015

For Dry Skin: “AmLactin 12%. Prescribed for dry feet, no complications like cracking, just dry as a bone since I moved from South Georgia to Michigan. I've had nothing but great results with it, worked in just a couple of days. I've forgotten to put it on some days and my feet were still smooth and moist the next day (or days, once). Definitely better than any Over the counter product.”

MaryC · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 1, 2020

AmLactin (ammonium lactate) for Pruritus: “I've had eczema on my hips for the past 22 years. You can imagine what it's like to wear jeans and how uncomfortable it is to simply shower. Most of the creams out there suggested for eczema I have tried. Until recently my top two were Vaseline unscented and CeraVe moisturizing cream. Those did a nice job but never really chased the itch for more than a couple of hours nor the dry patchy skin. Amlactin stops the itch almost immediately and as long as I use it at least once a day the itch barely ever returns. Sometimes I can even skip a day. Amlactin is my Holy Grail for my eczema. And the skin on my hands is just so soft and supple. There is no cure for eczema but this sure comes close. The only reason I didn't rate it a 10 is because it is not a cure. BTW... No side effects except for once I put it on after a scratching episode and there was a slight burning sensation.”

Niki November 26, 2020

For Dry Skin: “I got put on this about a week and 1/2 ago when none of the over the counter lotions work. This feels like silk and my feet aren’t kind of sticking to the bedsheets anymore, I guess is the best way to put it. When I would move my feet it was like there was some kind of tension against it. She told me to put it on twice a day, which I’m doing, and I can’t believe the difference.”

Anonymous July 25, 2010

AmLactin (ammonium lactate) for Dry Skin: “Used on cracked hill on my feet. Applied 3 times a day for two weeks. Wonderful. My feet are like a baby skin.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 13, 2013

AmLactin (ammonium lactate) for Dry Skin: “My legs have uncontrollably itched on and off for over 5 years and nothing would help until I start using AmLactin. I would recommend this to anyone I LOVE it.”

zqyx December 27, 2015

Lac-Hydrin (ammonium lactate) for Dry Skin: “Best lotion on the market for dry skin.”

scaley June 7, 2009

Lac-Hydrin 5 (ammonium lactate) for Ichthyosis: “Not strong enough for me. Had to use the Lac-Hydrin 12%. Some states require a prescription and some don't.”