User Reviews for Prempro to treat Postmenopausal Symptoms

Prempro has an average rating of 7.0 out of 10 from a total of 33 ratings for the treatment of Postmenopausal Symptoms. 61% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 21% reported a negative effect.

Prempro Rating Summary

7.0/10 average rating

Compare all 146 medications used in the treatment of Postmenopausal Symptoms.

Reviews for Prempro

Newell02 June 29, 2021

“I was prescribed Prempro 6 years ago at age 53.5 and it proved to be very beneficial. At about the 5 year mark, my doctor strongly encouraged that I wean off Prempro, informing me that my chances of breast cancer and/or stroke increases after 5 years. I asked to please stay on Prempro as I believe my quality of life is far more important than the slight risks associated with extended use. She reluctantly prescribed another year. Ten months ago I made the decision to wean off Prempro, and I can honestly say it was the worst decision. My quality of life plummeted, my menopausal symptoms returned, and most alarming of all I experienced extreme knee/ joint pain which compromised my active lifestyle. I shared this with my doctor and she suggested I get back on Prempro. I am on my second dose and l am looking forward to having back my quality of life!”

Rlynn · Taken for less than 1 month March 16, 2021

“I was feeling stuck in perpetual PMS. I was really moody, starving all the time, tired and unmotivated and gaining weight. Hot flashes were about to finish me off. My Dr gave me a prescription for Prempro. I noticed a difference in 2 days! I am so much less moody, have more motivation and way less hungry. Tonight will be my 4th dose and I honestly cannot wait to see how I feel after a week.”

Sammy · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 8, 2021

“After having a complete hysterectomy I started hot flashes that same day of the surgery. At my 2 week post op I was a mess, wasn’t sleeping, hot flashes, crazy emotionally. My doctor started me on prempro. Sticker shock on the cost, $206 for a 1 month supply! After a month I felt great, sleeping and less emotional. A few months in I started experiencing migraines and awful cramps in my legs. I didn’t want to go off the prempro but the migraines were happening so often that I couldn’t get my work done so I had to discontinue it after 6 months. I’ve since switched to a doctor that uses a compounding pharmacy and trying to find the right combination of hormones.”

Carrie · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 7, 2020

“Started taking Prempro 2 months ago (at 51) for severe hot flashes (like 4 an hour) sleeplessness and mood swings. Within 4 days, hot flashes subsided, within 1 week, they were gone! After 2 months, I have not experienced any side effects other than lack of horrible effects of menopause.”

Jaxc13 · Taken for less than 1 month November 13, 2020

“Within days of taking prempro all my symptoms started lifting, barely any hot flashes. Anxiety is gone, so is the emotional crying over anything, All the mood swings are gone. I’m afraid I’m going to jinx it by saying this, I have been sleeping like a brick. I have energy, memory fog has lifted and still getting better each day. I’m so happy prempro is working. I have tried every natural and I was suffering. I’m so happy this is working”

Sue · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 1, 2019

“I am 54 and have been experiencing horrible symptoms from menopause for years. I tried every natural hormone replacement, but not one ever helped all of my symptoms. My night sweats, heart flashes, tiredness, weight gain, energy and depression was unbearable. I went to my MD and spoke to my GYN and both recommend Prempro. I finally broke down and paid my co-pay of $140.00. As soon as I started this medication, I started feeling less tired and my mood was much better. Now my heat flashes, night sweats and weight gain has stopped! The best I have felt in years! I highly recommend this product, but the cost is way too high. I contacted Pzier I received this medication for free. They go by your income. Anyone experiencing the same symptoms, they should try this medication and take your life back! Sue”

seizurefree January 17, 2019

“At 39 I started having confusion, panic attacks and partial seizures. I lost my license. It was the worst two years of my life. I went to a neurologist who put me on strong anti-seizure meds. I told him on more than one occasion that I thought it was hormone related and he didn't think so. I went to my OBgyn and had her remove my IUD because I thought it was all hormone related. She reluctantly did it.. but didn't think that it would do any good. I waited almost a year and my menstrual cycle never came back but I started having severe hot flashes several times a day and still having seizures and panic attacks. So finally I went back to my OB and begged her to test my hormone levels. Low and behold I was in full on menopause. I started Prempro and I haven't had a seizure, panic attack, confusion or anything else since.. even after stopping all of my anti-seizure medications.”

EBRULZ · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 5, 2019

“I hit menopause at 43 and didn’t know what to do. I originally started taking a vitamin pack designed for menopause but the price was a bit outrageous When I saw my doc she suggested taking a low dose (1.5) of Prempro. Wow! I liked the vitamins but I really love what Prempro gave me. No hot flashes anymore! Restful Sleep! I have also noted a decrease in my appetite which for awhile there was the same as a teenaged boy! Overall I’m very happy after being very worried about taking an HRT. The only side effect I’ve experienced in the negative is my breasts are a bit more tender than norm. Not sore so much as tender Good Luck to all. I found this very helpful”

Lizzy · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 11, 2020

“I was having night sweats waking every hour hot flashes etc. Asked my doctor about HRT and decided I wanted pill form. It took about 1 month for all symptoms to go away. I have been on Prempro (lowest dose available) for 10 years and love it!! I just recently had a spot on my mammogram that scared me which turned out to be a cyst. So I decided to go off Prempro. It has been 6 weeks and I miss it. I have begun to have some hot flashes and night sweats and headaches. My mood actually seems to have improved but who knows this year has been crazy for all. I want to go back on it as I felt younger better skin etc. As I side note I was on birth control pills for 20 years”

Anonymous February 3, 2017

“I am a 56 year old women in post-menopause. I have been suffering with hot flashes for 16 years and I finally decided that I cannot do this anymore. I started Prempro two weeks ago and I am officially hot flash free and happier then I have been in years! I cannot believe that it took me this many years to do this. I was always scared of the risks involved. I am so happy I made this decision because my life is now amazing. I have not experienced and side affects at this point. Hopefully that will continue.”

For Sure · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 20, 2012

“I have been on this medication for 37 days. My day and night sweats are no longer severe. I only toss my comforter once a night as opposed to many times. My day sweats are no longer embarrassing, e.g. while talking with coworkers, I would without warning began to get warm, hot, and then dripping in sweat to include my hair. My mood swings are gone, I am back to normal. LOVING IT.”

Shorty · Taken for less than 1 month September 17, 2018

“I have only been on this medication for four days, praying it begins to do its job and that I don’t get any side effects.. I have noticed a huge difference in dryness in a vagina which is awesome. My doctor said she believes it would kick my weight in gear and I should start losing, a little worried now after reading some comments however I have noticed a big change in my want to eat.. this is really good!!! Mood swings are still there as well so I’m hoping after 1 week I see a big change.. wish me luck”

Suzie · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 24, 2018

“I started Prempro in 2009, still taking it 9 years later at age 62. I found it helpful for prevention of hot flashes initially, and now helpful for vaginal dryness and overall dryness. My OBGYN says I can continue to take it as long as I'm finding it beneficial. No problems at all. $30 a month is a little pricey, but worth it.”

Millie15 July 20, 2017

“I was prescribed .625 Prempro at the age of 38. I had early onset menopause. My body responded wonderfully to this dosage. I took me about a month for me to not feel groggy and light headed. After that subsided it's been great. I am 50 now and my doctor would like to start weaning me off to since I've been on it for so long. I am going to start half the dose to see how my body reacts.”

Vikbik · Taken for less than 1 month November 18, 2019

“I'm 44 yrs old. I haven't had a period in over 4yrs . My hormones were out of whack. My symptoms I was having were hair loss, hot flashes and I was mean and hateful. My doctor put me on Prempro. I've been on it for a month now... Hot flashes are gone. My hair stopped falling out. My breast didn't get too bad tender but they did get fuller. My mood has not changed, I'm still moody. I already had acid reflux and Prempro made it even WORSE! My feet feel a little swelled, or at least my shoes feel tighter. And I do feel a little bloated. I've decided to stop taking Prempro. I would rather deal with the hot flashes and hair loss than the acid reflux flare ups.”

jrvwyo July 22, 2019

“Menopause started at 50. The hot flashes were so miserable that it was difficult to function. I was having 4 per hour, each lasting 4-6 minutes, 24/7. I wasn't sleeping, was difficult to work, and just plain miserable. My doctor put me on a low dose which helped a little, then increased to 0.625mg. That was perfect. That was 8 years ago. My husband retired a couple months ago so I lost insurance. I was hoping after 8 years, I might not need Prempro any longer so weaned myself off. The hot flashes are back just as bad as 8 years ago. I have new insurance, but my co-pay used to be $20.00. It's now $162. I can't afford it at that price. I broke down and purchased it to get relief. I'm looking at different options. Without insurance, it would cost well over $200.00. We only have one pharmacy in town. I tried using the App GoodRX and the coupon was for $206.00. That wasn't helpful. I will be looking at other options where I might be able to get it through the mail from a different pharmacy.”

Florence_1967 November 14, 2015

“I feel normal again. No hot flashes. I'm sleeping at night. I started taking my pills at night because they make you a bit relaxed or tired but overall, I love it!! My doctor stated she doesn't recommend taking it for more than two years. It's been almost 8 months for me”

Hope · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 18, 2018

“I took prempro, for about four and a half years. I started at the age of 57 and it did help with some of my problems. But ended up gaining 50lbs and also, developed breast cancer at the age of 62. I have three other sisters and none of them or any other women in our family have had breast cancer. Think before you take this pill. I am know longer on prempro, and I have all my menopausal symptom back in full force.”

p · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 31, 2019

“I was 52 when I started with the night sweats. Never had any hot flashes durning the day. (Thank God) The night sweats kept me up and down most nights. After sharing this with my doctor, right away I was prescribed Prempro. It was a little expensive, but worth it. I took it for three years. Throughout the years, I began to have a menstrual cycle. I can recall having one for six weeks. I was in and out of the doctor's office frequently. The final conclusion was it was a side effect of the medication. I have been off of it now for six weeks and things are not so bad at all.”

missmeow1947 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 6, 2016

“Immediately following my very last period I started having severe hot flashes. So bad that they made me jump out of bed. Changes clothes or I'd start freezing, even in mid summer. So started low dose Prempro. It took about 5 days to start helping. After taking it for about 8 months it stopped working. I even tried taking it twice a day a couple times thinking the dose was to low but still no help. So now Im going to go to another different doctor to see what else can be done to prevent my misery. Also want to mention that since menopause, I have zero Interest in sexual relations with my husband. I just wondered if anyone else has had this medication work then stop all together? Thank you for reading my story. I sure hope to find something”

FLybies November 8, 2009

“Periods recommenced on using this, also got menstrual cramps (which I had before so no huge deal). Lost all sweating symptoms and skin became less dry, although skin is itchy. Other than this I have had no other bad side effects; have been on this medicine now for approximately 6 months.”

Moodymama · Taken for less than 1 month November 4, 2018

“I have experienced terrible hot flashes for over a year now. GYN said I was in menopause (at 51) so started on Prempo (1.5 mg) two weeks ago. Hot flashes are almost none, started my period this month after not having one in almost a year...bummer! My husband and kids say I'm more moody, and not myself. I've noticed I am less tolerable (that could be my age) of things I normally would be. Also, not as hungry as normal. Overall, I feel better so far, still early.”

My3loves October 30, 2011

“I have been using Prempro for about 1 1/2 months and it has taken and got rid of the hot flashes on the 1st day! The only symptoms I have had are tenderness in the breast area. Hope it keeps working.”

Mcmik · Taken for less than 1 month November 19, 2019

“So I was taking Remifemin which wasn’t working for me so I asked My Doctor about HRT I was having severe hot flashes at night where I was soaking wet and hot flashes maybe 3 to 4 an hour at 48 years old and I’ve stopped my period pretty much eight months ago. I am on my fourth day and really haven’t seen a difference in hot flashes and night sweats yet still bloated and very sensitive like crying at really stupid stuff..lol. I’m looking forward to seeing how this medication works but it is awfully expensive but thank God I can somewhat afford it”

Scorpia · Taken for less than 1 month March 5, 2015

“I have been struggling with night sweats, flashes and mood swings. I have noticed caffeine and stress brings on the flashes. I haven't figured out what starts the night sweats, so i keep my house 70 degrees and below sometimes to sleep. I noticed that when I put a washcloth next to my bed (in a plastic bag not to ruin furniture) at night to place on my chest when the flashing starts, helps it to subside immediately. I am on day for of the Prempro and this stuff is awesome. The frequency of the flashing has decreased and when it tries to come back it isn't as intense. I think taking it the same time everyday has helped with that. I will sit down maybe an hour after taking the Prempro and it feels like I'm super relaxed or sleepy.”

cyndi · Taken for less than 1 month November 8, 2020

“I am 52 and I've tried everything for hot flashes nothing really works so my GYN tested my Prolactin levels they were pretty high and that causes hot flashes. I recommend checking prolactin levels. Also I have tried Prempro but it made my throat itchy possible allergic reaction. Anti-anxiety medications helped me with my hot flashes alot.”

Clover · Taken for less than 1 month March 12, 2019

“I started the lowest dose of Prempro just 5 days ago. The GYN said it would stop/diminish the hot flashes, which in the last 5 months have been so debilitating I'm barely functioning. (Roughly every 45-90 minutes, for 8 minutes each, 24/7) I have been astonishingly moody, weepy and fearful for the last 3 days, more than I can ever remember being since I was a teenager and new to my periods. However, I've lost most of my appetite and although I feel 10x more stressed out inside, despite meditation and yoga, I will continue for as long as I can endure it because it's such a relief to be having fewer hot flashes. (Not gone, but maybe half as many!) However, at several hundred dollars per month for the drug, this won't last long. I figure I'll give myself a two month break from hot flashes and then go back to suffering.”

Kiki · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 10, 2018

“I was prescribed primpro by my gynecologist in April 2018. After taking it for one week my period came and I had a huge bald spot on the side of my head! I only took it for a week I stopped and now here I am 4 months later the back of my nape area my hair is all gone!”