User Reviews for Prempro

Learn more about Prempro.

Prempro Rating Summary

7.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 194 medications used in the treatment of Postmenopausal Symptoms.

Reviews for Prempro to treat Postmenopausal Symptoms

"I was prescribed .625 Prempro at the age of 38. I had early onset menopause. My body responded wonderfully to this dosage. I took me about a month for me to not feel groggy and light headed. After that subsided it's been great. I am 50 now and my doctor would like to start weaning me off to since I've been on it for so long. I am going to start half the dose to see how my body reacts."

Millie15 July 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Suffered from decrease mental ability probably due to hot flashes that would last all day. Have been taking prempro for 5 months and am now experiencing some pretty major depression."

Ouch234 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had been on Enjuvia (plus a progesterone supplement) for 3+ years and they worked fantastic from day 1!!! Unfortunately, they have stopped making it for reasons I can't find. I was put on Divagel and I gained 15 pounds in 3 weeks, plus the leg (including my foot) I put it on swelled up like a balloon, among other side effects. I have been on Prempro for 6 days now and my hot flashes/night sweats are worse than ever, but all my other "problems" seem to be OK. The Dr.'s office said to give it a month, wish me luck!!!"

Anonymous June 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am a 56 year old women in post-menopause. I have been suffering with hot flashes for 16 years and I finally decided that I cannot do this anymore. I started Prempro two weeks ago and I am officially hot flash free and happier then I have been in years! I cannot believe that it took me this many years to do this. I was always scared of the risks involved. I am so happy I made this decision because my life is now amazing. I have not experienced and side affects at this point. Hopefully that will continue."

Anonymous February 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had a heavy painful period and was clotty. Also breast tenderness. I needed stop this medicine after being on it just one month...."

Krimpet August 9, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Immediately following my very last period I started having severe hot flashes. So bad that they made me jump out of bed. Changes clothes or I'd start freezing, even in mid summer. So started low dose Prempro. It took about 5 days to start helping. After taking it for about 8 months it stopped working. I even tried taking it twice a day a couple times thinking the dose was to low but still no help. So now Im going to go to another different doctor to see what else can be done to prevent my misery. Also want to mention that since menopause, I have zero Interest in sexual relations with my husband. I just wondered if anyone else has had this medication work then stop all together? Thank you for reading my story. I sure hope to find something"

missmeow1947 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"No sleeping w/o Prempro .0625 but I cannot reasonably continue to pay the outrageous, escalating price! Have nothing that helps pay for it. The price goes up almost monthly."

debles July 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I feel normal again. No hot flashes. I'm sleeping at night. I started taking my pills at night because they make you a bit relaxed or tired but overall, I love it!! My doctor stated she doesn't recommend taking it for more than two years. It's been almost 8 months for me"

Florence_1967 November 14, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been struggling with night sweats, flashes and mood swings. I have noticed caffeine and stress brings on the flashes. I haven't figured out what starts the night sweats, so i keep my house 70 degrees and below sometimes to sleep. I noticed that when I put a washcloth next to my bed (in a plastic bag not to ruin furniture) at night to place on my chest when the flashing starts, helps it to subside immediately. I am on day for of the Prempro and this stuff is awesome. The frequency of the flashing has decreased and when it tries to come back it isn't as intense. I think taking it the same time everyday has helped with that. I will sit down maybe an hour after taking the Prempro and it feels like I'm super relaxed or sleepy."

Scorpia (taken for less than 1 month) March 5, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been on this medication for 37 days. My day and night sweats are no longer severe. I only toss my comforter once a night as opposed to many times. My day sweats are no longer embarrassing, e.g. while talking with coworkers, I would without warning began to get warm, hot, and then dripping in sweat to include my hair. My mood swings are gone, I am back to normal. LOVING IT."

For Sure (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 20, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Took this medicine for 18 days. Hot flashes nausea and migraines disappeared after about a week. Then on the 10th day I felt nausea and migraine come on, since then no more symptoms. Not sure if it's okay to not take it anymore now that feel better."

Chutney December 3, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been using Prempro for about 1 1/2 months and it has taken and got rid of the hot flashes on the 1st day! The only symptoms I have had are tenderness in the breast area. Hope it keeps working."

My3loves October 30, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been using this medicine for 1 year for hot flashes and now I have developed sore breasts. Otherwise this medicine is great no more hot flashes. Have to use vaginal cream also."

Anonymous March 17, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Periods recommenced on using this, also got menstrual cramps (which I had before so no huge deal). Lost all sweating symptoms and skin became less dry, although skin is itchy. Other than this I have had no other bad side effects; have been on this medicine now for approximately 6 months."

FLybies November 8, 2009