User Reviews for Lo Loestrin Fe

Learn more about Lo Loestrin Fe.

Birth Control 853 reviews 300 medications

6.2
Summary of Lo Loestrin Fe reviews 853 reviews 6.2

Reviews for Lo Loestrin Fe

For Birth Control "My obgyn prescribed me this. Took it for about a month or a little less.. made me moody, break out when my acne hadn't broken out in over a year. Decrease in sex drive. Completely stopped taking it."

Araceli916 (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was recommended this Birth control method by my Gyno after having an Ovarian Cyst removed. I was taking another kind of pill and it was going horribly. After I started taking these I saw a major difference right away. I had more energy, tolerable periods which decreased over time, more control over my appetite and after stopping my periods and behavior went back to normal right away no drastic changes. The only downside for me was that from time to time I will be nauseous and I did get breast tenderness but overall it was the best one I have tried. All Birth control methods and brands have these similar side effects and different women can experience them differently but for me this was definitely a winner."

Katie Esther May 22, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "One month, I think I'm starting a depression, so tired, hard time working out. Stopping it"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Awful birth control. Caused me clinical anxiety and depression out of the blue and made me feel suicidal. I've tried many pills and never experienced such mental trauma."

Loogieeuene May 19, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on this birth control for a year and I have to say that it's very practical for my body. I used to get brutal cramps and long periods. No matter what type of birth control I had debilitating cramps. Lolo has caused my cramps to stop and my period is consistent and lasts 2 days. Only downside is I did get some acne, but the acne may be just due to something else since I've dealt with breakouts prior to trying lolo. Also my boobs grew a lot which I'm happy about. This medication is not for everyone, if you experience adverse effects stop taking it immediately as it does not agree with every woman."

Madiie May 18, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been taking this for about 2 years now when my gyno switched me from Junel. I noticed irritability and mood swings when I first started but thought I got over it after a while. Short periods and effective. However, I just stopped taking it last week and I noticed, I'm assuming after my hormones have started to regulate again that my irritability and anxiety is little to none. When taking the pill pretty anything could irritate me and after about a week of being off the pill even I noticed a drastic change in my behavior. I feel much more level headed. I've also always had very clear skin but not since I started taking this so hopefully it will go away soon. I have also noticed decreased appetite since stopping."

Abbey0091 May 15, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Do not use this if you suffer from anxiety. This made mine way worse, I've been suffering anxiety, depression, and bad mood swings since taking this. I have had two periods each month with bad cramping."

Pupplu23 May 6, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for years now .. I actually like this one so much better than some of the others I took prior to it. I have little to no period each month, no mood swings, overall .. I'm very happy with it."

GirlInTx (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 3, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I started taking this because of the painful cramps I get once a month. I've only been on it for a little over two weeks, and my typically clear face is now covered in cystic acne that nothing seems to get rid of. I feel tired and just want to spend my days sleeping or resting (even when I get 7-9 hours of sleep at night!), I've gained a few pounds each week, and now I'm getting painful cramps (the reason I even started taking this stuff) weeks before my period is supposed to start. I went online and realized many women are having the exact same symptoms as me! I wish I would have read reviews before just doing what my gynecologist suggested. I do not recommend this to anyone!"

Ashley1212 (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been taking this birth control for about 3 years now and I would say it's been good for me. The only negative thing I noticed is increased appetite and a decrease in sex drive. I do think my boobs got bigger from it and I have some mild acne but who knows if it's from the pill or not."

Gymgirlyyyy May 1, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have a tubal so I am taking this to supposedly to help with night sweats. It is Day 14 and my breasts are completely tender, I have acne on my face, chest, neck and back. I usually get a few blemishes when I have my period but nothing like this since I was pregnant 9 years ago. I am retaining water, my ankles are swollen and I am gaining weight. I have Been nauseous and my regular bowel movements have become irregular. My stomach has some cramping as well. I have been trying to figure out how long to take this before the side effects are supposed to go away. I am thinking that I will take it until my first period and then dismiss it. It is not worth all these extra side effects"

Hammer time April 30, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I started taking Lo Loestrin Fe about three months ago. This birth control is amazing. Compared to my old pill, Levora, a lot of those side effects have gone away like my hormonal cystic acne that covered my back and face. In addition, I stopped having my period completely. I have not noticed any breast tenderness or any of the other side effects. I recommend this to those at a younger age. Unfortunately, my insurance does not cover this and it is very pricey (around $100 per month)."

Young Adult (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 29, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "So, after a bad reaction to Blisovi, my doctor tried LoLo for me. Turns out its basically the same as Blisovi, in terms of active ingredients. The first week on this, I started getting small white bumps above my lips and my lips became very dry. Then, I got a rash all over my stomach and on my legs. It turns out I'm allergic to one of the main ingredients in this pill, norethindrone. I'm only adding this information because if you have similar experiences with Blisovi or LoLo, check out the similarities in terms of active ingredients. It's worth checking out drugs that don't contain norethindrone if your experience is similar to mine, such as Yaz or a Yaz generic (Loryna, Gianvi). Rash is almost gone since I switched to Loryna. :)"

allergicashell April 28, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Long before I took this I was really moody I did not like to be around anyone but now since I am taking this I am calm and I don't eat as much as I used to but the thing is I am not able to focus in school and I am failing most of my classes and it's really weird but I like the pill its a whole lot better than the other birth control pills and patches that I have taken."

Mishkah (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I do not recommend this birth control! I've been taking it for almost 3 weeks and my body feels completely different. This pill made me very nauseous, bloated, moody and tired. It also made my periods closer together and my cramps more painful. Definitely going off of it."

Wattgirl (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Took this almost 2 yrs ago after my 3rd laporoscopy due to endometriosis. It was AMAZING. Didn't have a single side effect from it. Took away all my cramps. The only reason I stopped taking it before was my insurance no longer covered it and I could not afford the copay. Started taking it again a little over a month ago. Now my breasts are HUGE and are always tender. And I've been getting cramps up to 2 weeks ahead of my period! Even with the endometriosis, cramps don't usually come til a few days before my period. The only saving grace was that my period was only 2 days long. I'm gonna try to continue taking them. I love that my period was only 2 days long but this time around out didn't help with my cramps at all."

Shellyshel (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 26, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "My experience with Lo Loestrin has been great except for one thing: acne. I had never before have any skin issues, not even in my teenage years. But now I have a lot of bumps and acne specially on my chin and back. Nothing seems to work to eliminate this problem. However I love the fact that I do not have menstrual periods at all. Therefore no cramps, headaches nor bloating. I actually do not notice any mood changes either. I've been taking it for 8 months now and I am overall happy with it. But I have to say that I am pretty embarrassed and frustrated about my acne. I am planning on seeing a dermatologist and see if it helps."

Diana42 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 21, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I'm on week 3. I used to be on the xulane patch but at my 6 month pp appointment and after using the patch for a couple weeks I had a terrible skin reaction.. (which was weird cuz I used it for almost 9 yrs with no issue) switched to this pill, take it every night at 8:30 pm when kids are in bed. -im 25 btw. So far, BAD cystic acne on my chin, around mouth, forehead. It's so embarrassing I don't even want to check the mail. Headaches, bloated and huge. Reduced sex drive, 14 day period. Bad cramps with period and I'm 5 days off it and still cramping bad with some back pain. :/ I am constantly hungry, and I always want to cry or get easily emotional. I hate it! I'm considering getting off it. Idk what I'm Ganna do but I'll figure it out."

Stef_GA (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Bigger boobs, clear skin, no emotional disruption, no ill side effects that I've noticed whatsoever. Absolutely a godsend."

834ic April 18, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was prescribed Lo Loestrin Fe to regulate my hormones after surgery. I experienced the scary side effects like pain numbness in arms and legs, darkening of urine, abdominal pain, and forgetfulness. Not to mention the spotting, weight gain, acne, and contact lens problem. I don't use the word hate often, but I HATE this pill!"

T. J. (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 13, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been prescribed this birth control since my 6 week checkup February 14th but I didn't start taking pills until March 12th After sexual intercourse, but I wasn't taking them everyday like I should. My period still came on a couple days early and was regular but I have cramps even after my period. A couple of days ago April 8th I started taking the pills everyday and the cramping are starting to decrease but I have headaches and My stomach bubbled up like I had diarrhea & I felt nauseous at one point ."

dimpleface April 12, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been taking this BC for 2 years now and have had a very good experience. My periods are pretty much gone and when I do have them they are very short and light. I have no gained any weight from this BC or noticed anything off mentally however I do feel very tired a lot (but I'm not sure this is due to the BC). The only thing that I would say is my breast are tender all the time (which doesn't really bother me)."

Amcd April 11, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I switched to this medication because I had problems with Orsythia which caused nausea, decreased lubrication and weight gain. Switching to Lo Loestrin has been the best change I could have made. I used to have very heavy periods. They are now light (don't even have to use a pad just a liner) and shorter (3 days as compared to 7 before). Some months I don't even get my period which I consider a bonus (3 mo is longest I've gone without it) I have not been able to lose the weight I gained or orsythia (15lb) but no other side effects. 9/10 for me. Only reason I didn't give it 10 is because it has not significantly reduced my cramping when menstruating."

Penny_lane_ April 9, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been taking this for a few months now. No bad side effects just a lot of bleeding. I'll have my period for a week then boom another one a week and a half later and this one is way heavier and crappier. I've basically bled for almost a month. It's ruining my sex life."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 8, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I am starting my third pack of this pill. I am conflicted regarding it because it has reduced my anxiety and levelled my emotions wonderfully, but at the cost of having six day periods with only seven days of no period in between the next one. I'm having two periods a month and I'm getting quite annoyed with having to buy tampons constantly. The periods are not what I would consider breakthrough bleeding as they are not light and require extra absorbent tampons for the first few days. I believe I have increased hunger and water retention on this pill as well. I have gone from a stable 129lbs to 136lbs. I am so happy with how level and calm I am on it...but fourteen days of bleeding a month is a steep price to pay for it."

BeeSilver87 April 7, 2017