User Reviews for Lo Loestrin Fe

Birth Control

1,070 reviews 314 medications
Summary of Lo Loestrin Fe reviews 6.0 1,070 reviews

Reviews for Lo Loestrin Fe

For Birth Control "Lo Loestrin Fe was my first birth control pill. Pros: it made my cycle 28 days long. My cycle used to be 25 days so I got a few extra days....yay! Cons: It is expensive and worse of all it made me crazy. I have no history of anxiety or depression but while on this medication I felt like I was losing my mind. I had panic attacks, paranoia and the worst anger outbursts I have ever had. I am the type of person who gets angry and goes silent but while on this med I was psycho. I could literally feel myself losing control but could not stop myself from yelling and screaming. Poor hubby suggested that I should stop it and I did. I can’t believe how happy I am. Literally in a matter of days my mental status is so much improved. No more anxiety or paranoia. Yay! I was on it for 6 months btw."

Sillyme (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 4, 2018

For Birth Control "After not having a period for 2 months andIi wasn't pregnant my doctor put me on birth control to try to bring my period back and regulate it. He prescribed me Lo Loestrin FE after being on it for 4 weeks my period did return thank goodness. I've been on it for about 4 months now and I love it the only thing I don't like is the price even with my insurance its $140 a month which is way too high and I have really bad cramps when I'm on my cycle. Due to the price of it unfortunately I have to switch to something else but I wish I didn't have too."

Lola (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 3, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on lolo for 2 years and had no major issues with it other than it caused me acne. I've always had slightly oilier skin but it got much worse with lolo. I'd say I had no acne for only 1 month per year in total, most of the year there was some sort of acne issue which was driving me nuts after those 2 years. The acne got just terrible during stressful times (such as exam periods at the university) so I had to switch to something else. Moreover, I had to wash my hair every single day. Hopefully I will have more luck with the new pills but otherwise lolo is a solid choice - no weight gain, no mood swings, no pregnancies lol(o)"

kate (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 28, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on this birth control on and off for the past 8 years (I didn’t have insurance for a short period of time in between jobs). The only complaint I have is that Lo Loestrin is $150 a month out of pocket with no insurance which is absolutely insane! Even with insurance, it’s $40 a month! Other than that, from my experience, I’ve had no weight gain. I have had lighter and shorter periods, improvement with acne, no cramps. I recommend Lo Loestrin, I do not recommend Loestrin 24 Fe. That one was an absolute nightmare for me."

Kara (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 27, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on this pill for exactly 3 months. Everything was great on this pill, no PMS, light periods, no spotting between periods, no mood swings. The reason I am giving this a 7/10 is because it gave me TERRIBLE hormonal acne. I had large, painful, cystic acne on my jaw line and back. My whole life, even as a teen, I NEVER had problems with acne. Once I started this pill I began getting acne the first month, with it progressively getting worse and worse with time, the 3rd month developing acne on my back. I asked my gyno if this side effect would go away if I stuck it out a little longer and she told me she honestly had no clue. Since stopping this pill my acne is already beginning to heal, I am going to try the Nuvaring now as it’s low dose, and I’ve heard if anything it has a positive effect on acne."

Finn (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 17, 2018

For Birth Control "BEWARE OF THIS BIRTH CONTROL!!!!! I was put on this birth control to restart my period and within a week I developed Melasma on both of my cheeks and upper lip! I immediately stopped taking it. I have spent thousands of dollars to get rid of the Melasma from chemical peels, bleaching agents, lasers, and they all worked for awhile, until the Melasma would always return, This birth control destroyed my life!"

Mona November 5, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for three years now and I’m super happy I decided to give it a shot! I used to be on the pill (Dianne 35) and had horrible nausea. With this pill I never experienced any nausea, just breast tenderness in the first couple months of use. This pill has stabilized my moods, cleared up all acne, and even allowed me to go up a cup size! I used to have full seven day periods that would leave me feeling unwell and now I rarely ever get a period, which I’m totally fine with! Overall I highly recommend trying this pill if you’re considering it. I’m 25, 5’4” and 105lbs for reference."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 31, 2018

For Birth Control "My Dr prescribed me this BC because of my anemia and to regulate my period. This was the first BC I ever used, at first I hated the spotting for 14 days after starting the first pack. But after that I absolutely loved this BC. I stopped getting my period after 3 months. Before starting Loestrin my period was extremely heavy and lasting 5 days. After using Loestrin my period was extremely light, no weight gain, and lasting 3 days. The only reason I stopped using it was because my insurance stopped covering it. But I HIGHLY recommended to this BC to anyone."

Neese (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 29, 2018

For Birth Control "I started using this pill 3 months after my babies delivery . The day I took this pill, I found decrease in milk supply. I got severe headache, stomach ulcer too and severe hairfall. I took this pill for 3 weeks, the result is no breastmilk now I am fully formula feeding, severe headache , stomach pain, hairfall. So friends pls don't take this pill. I seriously stressed and depressed because of this."

Priya (taken for less than 1 month) October 28, 2018

For Birth Control "Been on this for two weeks and it has finally help me shed those pounds I've gained from hormonal imbalance I have to say say I have experienced some pimples I usually have crystal clear skin.. Extremely tired and very low appetite. Very low sex drive.!"

Greatfull (taken for less than 1 month) October 22, 2018

For Birth Control "I've only been on this pill for four days, so I can't provide a complete review just yet. I haven't experienced any physical side effects yet, however I will say that I think it's having a notable impact on my mood. I'm prone to depression already, but not anxiety. I'm finding that I have a constant feeling of anxiety over nothing whatsoever, and little things that wouldn't bother me are really stressing me out. I actually had a panic attack yesterday, which is very uncommon for me, especially since my life is generally stress-free right now. I am going to finish the pack just to see if my body adjusts, but I will say don't be surprised if you feel this way on this pill. If you're severely anxious the potential side effect might be too much of a risk for you."

emlm (taken for less than 1 month) October 17, 2018

For Birth Control "At first, the birth control seemed great. The good: No weight gain, acne cleared up, and I also did not get my period on Lolo. The bad: headaches, 0 sex drive, (tmi) it thinned the skin around my vulva and opening of my vagina (during certain times of the month) which made it so painful to have sex. Would recommend if you want to try Lolo for acne, and don't want to get your period."

Tanya O (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 16, 2018

For Birth Control "This birth control has changed my life. I have had extremely bad cramps and fatigue due to my period for years and tried different types of bc, vitamins, pain medication, etc. prescribed by my doctor and this ACTUALLY worked. The first month had some minor side effects because my body was adjusting, but nothing too bad. My cramps used to make me sick and I have fainted in public a number of times as well, but now my cramps have completely vanished and I feel like I have control of my life again for the first time since I was 14."

Emma (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 9, 2018

For Birth Control "I love this pill! It has been my saving grace. Two years ago I used to have heavy periods with painful cramping that had me out for days and would make me throw up from the pain. I no longer even have a period. I also used to become very aggressive, depressed and even violent during PMS. I could not control any of my emotions and became a different person. Now I feel more mellow all throughout the month. Highly recommend this birth control"

Lilly October 4, 2018

For Birth Control "DO NOT TAKE THIS! I was prescribed Lo Loestrin Fe to regulate my periods. The first few weeks I had terrible headaches and dizziness. Sunday (three weeks after starting) I woke up with no feeling in the left side of my face or arm. I went to the emergency room and they said it was a side effect of the birth control. I have been off for two days and feeling is starting to come back and dizziness improving. The Dr's said if I didnt' stop taking when I did I could of had a stroke. Luckily I stopped in time. Tell all your friends to try a different BC pill or get off if you currently take."

B.L. (taken for less than 1 month) October 2, 2018

For Birth Control "I started this birth control about two weeks ago for awful periods and an ovarian cyst. So far this pill has made me incredibly nauseous, agitated, and constantly hungry. I’m not sure if these are normal side effects, but I’m hoping for the best. I’m half way done with the first pack."

Meg (taken for less than 1 month) September 29, 2018

For Birth Control "It took a solid 3 months for my body to adjust to this pill. I had heavy periods, lots of spotting, and mood swings but once I adjusted I loved it! I was on yaz for a long time and it gave me severe anxiety and flushed skin. Switching to lo Loestrin Fe cleared the anxiety and skin problems up immediately! THE ONLY REASON I AM GOING OFF THIS MEDICATION IS THE COST."

J (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 28, 2018

For Birth Control "27 years old. I have been on this for 3 years and decided to give it up for good. There are definitely pros and cons, but for me the cons are too much. Pros: -no period in 3 years -no cramps -cleared all of my acne -didn't get pregnant Cons: -anxiety -depression -extreme brain fog daily (like you're just walking around in a dream) -mood swings (happy for a few hours, then sad for hours, then happy) -makes my face very dry and not able to retain moisture -Fat/water retention on my stomach....I gained 10 pounds on it (I've never had fat/water on my stomach but this medicine has me with a constant chubby belly that never goes away even with diet and exercise) It just isn't worth it anymore, I want to feel normal again."

lemondrop (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 27, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on birth control since age 18, started with one that was horrible. Switched doctors have been taking Lo Loestrin for 2 years and didn’t get my period which was great. I always had very heavy periods which is why my dr had me go on it. I went off of it for the past year because I wasn’t very good at taking it at the same time every day due to my schedule. I started again this month mid cycle and am experiencing nausea and loss of appetite which hopefully will go away once my body gets used to it next month after my period. This birth control is the best I’ve been on and I love not getting my period and spending money on heavy flow pads every month."

alex (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 27, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for 4 days. I experienced extreme nausea, to the point where I had to hide in the back at work because I thought I was going to throw up. Second day I had a panic attack which I haven't experienced in years. Second, third, and fourth day I cannot stop crying over everything little thing. I'm sad, irritable, and just feeling weird. Sometimes I feel good and other times I feel terrible. This is my first time on birth control but already I'm having a bad experience. I guess I have to wait it out but I'll be on the phone with my doctor tomorrow because this added stress isn't needed"

abc123 (taken for less than 1 month) September 27, 2018

For Birth Control "Before I got on LoLo I had periods that would keep me down for 3 days at a time. I would miss school and fall behind in my classes because of this. I was given a higher dosage pain medicine and it nearly killed me (literally). I was prescribed LoLo and after 2 months, it stopped my periods completely. I went about 2 years without having a period and I felt AMAZING. Within the last 4 months, I've had some AWFUL periods - almost as if I had never been on the pills. High amounts of stress, panic and anxiety attacks have been happening to me lately and because of that my cramps have been slightly crippling. Last month, I wasn't even under any stress and my period started. I feel like the Lolo is doing what it should be doing now and I just have been spoiled by not having a period at all for so long. To be honest, I feel like while I'm on the pills I should not have such heavy periods and it is very frustrating to be in such a pain even while on a medicine that should be preventing it.."

Dani (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 25, 2018

For Birth Control "Hate this birth control! Terrible for acne prone skin, causes horrible hormonal acne. I never get my period anymore and randomly spot. Getting off of this pill asap."

J (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 20, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on LoLo for 4 miserable months! During those 4 months I spotted and or bled heavily for 3 weeks out of the month, stopped bleeding only while on the first week of the pack. I was also severely depressed and had 3 horrible panic attacks, one was so bad I was take to the ER. My anxiety while on LoLo got to a point where simple everyday tasks like going to the grocery or taking my kids out was impossible for me. I felt lightheaded/dizzy and fatigued on a daily basis. After numerous visits and phone calls to my OBGYN she finally took me off this pill and my mood has changed dramatically I now feel I’m back to my normal self. LoLo was a nightmare for me!"

Brit (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 14, 2018

For Birth Control "Not horrible- first 3 week of taking it experienced pretty awful mood swings and borderline depression for a week. However, by the 4th week this all cleared up and I felt back to normal! No acne, no weight gain, nothing from there on :)"

Lin (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 14, 2018

For Birth Control "This birth control messed with my mood very severely. I had mood swings, sank into a deep depression about 3 months into me taking the pill, and my anxiety skyrocketed. As a person who already deals with anxiety this medicine did not help. I also had very irregular periods, and sometimes it wouldn’t come for a month or two at a time which was pretty concerning when sexually active. I’ve had bad headaches and cramps throughout the time I’ve been on this pill, which is about 9 months, but otherwise it worked just fine. However, I’m definitely going to get switched off of it."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 13, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...