User Reviews for Lo Loestrin Fe

Learn more about Lo Loestrin Fe.

Birth Control 806 reviews 295 medications

6.2
Summary of Lo Loestrin Fe reviews 806 reviews 6.2

Reviews for Lo Loestrin Fe

For Birth Control "This was my first BC. I was on it for 3 years. My dr. first prescribed so I'd have a control my period and after a year and a half my periods started to only show up every 3 months! My periods were lighter when they were present. I never had bad cramps. I did lack serious sex drive and was dry as a desert after the 1.5 year mark. Acne never changed. No appetite craze or weight gain."

Madi3005 February 22, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Birth Control "Terrible birth control! I do not recommend at all. Everyone reacts differently but my experience with this pill gave me irreversible effects. I had perfectly clear skin before taking this pill not one mark on my face but within the first month I got HUGE cysts all over the sides of my cheeks it killed my confidence. It also made me extremely moody I would cry all the time. Hopefully this doesn't happen to you but I just wrote this review as a warning!"

Rach8 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 19, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Birth Control "I loved this birth control! I had no negative side effects. I took it for nine months and it took away my period completely which was great but was also scary because that's not natural and if you forget to take your pills on time, you don't get a period to confirm you're not pregnant. Unfortunately, I now have to switch to another BC because my insurance no longer covers lo loestrin fe."

Natanat February 13, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Birth Control "Omg I've been taking it for less than a month and had enough of it already. I turned me into a monster! I'm yelling at people, crying all the time, kicked out one of my clients from my office during our meeting, I've been having suicidal thoughts and been super depressed. Also I have an uncontrollable appetite, I've been stuffing myself with white bread for days. I don't eat white bread! I'm not supposed to! But I just wake up in the morning and have these insane cravings for croissants. Yesterday I had 4 of them. Surprisingly I haven't gained any weight but my skin is breaking out due to my gluten and dairy allergies. It's been a nightmare and I don't know what to do because I've tried all kinds of BC and my body rejects everything."

CharlieLeeLee February 13, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Birth Control "I recently had a baby and went on my 6 weeks pp check up. My ob prescribed me these pills cause they were supposed to keep my milk supply at normal. No complaints about that so far. However, I was lucky to experience every side effect mentioned by other ladies here: tiredness, cramping, lower back pain, my face broke out (used to be super clear even during puberty), I was unable to control my appetite (lost all the baby weight in 2 weeks after delivery and now started packing up these lbs again?!), my belly went from flat to 5 month pregnant within just 2 weeks on these pills, and of course a non-stop spotting was there too. I cannot switch to a higher estrogen level pills because of breastfeeding so I decided to switch to condoms for now"

Skyler89 February 13, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Birth Control "The best BC pill around! I've only had one negative side effect- total loss of sex drive. I tried Blisovi after being on Lo loestrin for almost a year and had to immediately come off of it, and went back to Lo lo. My face has cleared up, my cramps have gone away, I hardly get a period, no weight gain. Definitely worth it!"

Alex10109 February 12, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Birth Control "Waste of time!!! Was on this pill for a month religiously... Still got pregnant!! Doesn't do what indicates DONT USE THIS!!"

Anonymous February 8, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Birth Control "This BC is not bad to be honest. I mean, this is the first one I have ever tried but I will be coming off completely in the next month. I workout and eat right for the most part and I have gained 7lbs on this BC in less than 3 months. It is concerning and I would like to discontinue. Also, I have noticed less hair growth, which I think is great but now for others. I also, noticed more migraines and more acne. I have had more depressing thoughts and way more mood swings- which I think is almost normal on BC. However, I really don't want to have tender breasts and significant weight gain and be a crazy person. Different for everyone I suppose.. but not pregnant.. so that's a plus. I also got my period twice a month on this and both bad ."

Alicia123545 February 8, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Birth Control "Hi everyone I started taking lo Loestrin fe 3 weeks ago,,, I did have break through bleeding don't give up or get worried it will stop once your body gets use to it,, I really love This this pill I am not retaining water and I have no weight gain, other pills make you gain weight and get hungry - not this one. I would recommend this highly."

gypsy dina February 7, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Birth Control "The only good things about this pill is the comfort of knowing I likely won't get pregnant and that my boyfriend doesn't need a condom but that's about it. I've had a migraine every day since I've started taking it and the nausea is getting unbearable! The only reason I haven't stopped taking it is because I've heard almost all birthcontrol pills cause these side effects."

Gsmith0146 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 7, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Birth Control "Ok so I've been on this and I don't find it bad. I had no libido before well much of one and now I actually do. I've had a migraine everyday almost and I feel like I'm losing weight as well. So I have no issues with it yet and I'm a mom to five kids and I'm 29"

Just a mom13100806 (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Birth Control "I'm writing this at 5am when I should be sleep because I'm on the last day of the pill and spotting has gotten worse. I'm in my mid 20s and have been on this pill for about 5 months it works well I spot a little but typically haven't had a full cycle, I do have mood swings and lately some really bad cramping!! But overall the pill works well also I have notice I swear a lot more than ever in my life and I do get acne more often! Hope this helps!"

Britt2thiRd17 February 3, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Birth Control "I thought that lo lo would be a good choice of birth-control for me but I regret taking it. I had really bad migraines, nausea, leg cramps! stomach pains, painful acne and even though my boobs got bigger, they were sore for 2 weeks almost 3! Last issue I had with this BC was sex drive.. I think that some people would consider this a good thing but not for me - it increased my sex drive and for me I don't need it right now so it was not a bonus lol. Period cramping also got worse for me "

Ray.w February 3, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Birth Control "Either I'm really a psycho or it just so happens I'm all the sudden super emotional since I started taking this about 8 weeks ago. Is anyone else experiencing this? I've also been breaking out really bad."

Anonymous February 1, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Birth Control "This pill is great for me! I've tried the shot, nuva ring, ortho tricyclen, seasonique, so many birth controls and each one caused spotting or bleeding every single day over about 2 years unless I was not on a pill. I also still had extremely heavy periods with them. On this pill I spotted for about the first 15 days then nothing. My period was the lightest it's been since high school. Lighter than high school so I'm very happy to finally find a pill that works. I was just about to give up."

Mesha3152 February 1, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Birth Control "This is my first ever pill I used. The first couple months were full of nausea, headaches, sadness, and anxiety. Around 5 months in, I've been bleeding for 7-9 days during the second week. Then spotting for 4-6 days during my last week. This happened for a few months. At first I thought it was still adjusting but now it's a continuous cycle. With the super low estrogen, there's been a lack of lubrication during intercourse. I'll be having burning sensations lasting for a max. 12hrs. Overall it was a bad and good pill. It was bad to have the lack of lubrication and the continuous bleeding every two weeks. It was good to have cleared my acne for the most part and to have intercourse without a condom."

Reggie2 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 28, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Birth Control "I only took this for about a month but had to stop because of insurance issues (it being a brand name pill) however I had very minimal side effects. It was the first month of taking it for me so the most blatant side effect was all the spotting, and having 2 periods in 1 month (and then getting a wild rage moodswing on the 2nd one that lasted about 2 days lol). I did feel a bit tired around the 2nd period as well but I can't tell if it's just because I'm getting on the pill after a 2 year break or the pill itself. Regardless, compared to other 21 day pills I took in the past this one is a lot easier on my body. I had my leg go numb from other pills I took so I actually think this is one of the better ones."

Suzzzzzzzzz (taken for less than 1 month) January 27, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Birth Control "The first week or two on lo loestrin fe went really well for me. I had very minimal side effects. However, as my first menstrual cycle on the pill came around, everything seemed to change. It wasn't an awful period, it was actually light with minimal cramping. But during this time I realized my digestion was completely off and I developed acid reflux (which I'd never dealt with before). Constant headaches and brain fog became the norm for me, as well as nauseousness and abdominal pain. I also became way more fatigued, and even developed dry mouth. Before starting this medication I felt completely fine, but four months later I feel worse than ever. Am stopping this medication as soon as this month ends."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 24, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Birth Control "DO NOT TAKE THIS BIRTH CONTROL!!!!! My gosh this is the worst thing to ever happen to me. Having clear skin my entire life I had never dealt with such harsh breakouts in my life. I looked like a 13 year old going through puberty. Also not to mention I was in such severe lower abdominal and lower back pain I could hardly move! I would not recommend this pill whatsoever! Super moody as well!"

lewis01 (taken for less than 1 month) January 24, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Birth Control "I have taken every birth control know to man, and this one was the only one I could tolerate for nausea, and upset stomach. Although, after being on it for several months, I have re occurring consistent UTI's at least one every two months, Acne on my back (I have NEVER had acne), horrible mood swings, significant hair loss, lack of energy, headaches, suicide thoughts and horrible anxiety. I was so conflicted, and second guessed my side effects with this pill, after getting off of it, all of those symptoms were gone. Ladies, it's NOT worth it."

Get off! (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 24, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for almost two years (23 months). It was originally prescribed to me to clear up my acne and I love it! I have shorter periods and so far it's been good with pregnancy prevention. My only problem is that I've missed two periods (one April 2016 and one November 2016) and I have had some scares but hey, not pregnant! Never had any weird side effects."

NikkiDM (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 23, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Birth Control "An overall good BC pill. It has helped tremendously with facial acne. I have also noticed an increase in scalp hair growth while on this pill. The only side effects I have experienced are low libido and absence of a cycle (which may be a plus for some users). Due to the aforementioned cycle absence I have stopped taking this pill for a few months at time to induce a monthly menstrual cycle. I think the pros of this pill definitely outweigh the cons. Good pill to try if you are having problems with heavy cycles and/or acne."

NickNac (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 19, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Birth Control "I've been on lol for about 5 months now. I have experienced heavy bleeding for weeks at one point. But for the most part my biggest complaint is the mood swings that I'm getting. It's getting to the point where I am unable to control my emotions, I feel angry mid pack for no reason. It has definitely strained my relationships. I also receive random headaches. I'm not taking this pill anymore. For the most part it does help prevent pregnancy."

Kara08 January 19, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Birth Control "I have been taking this BC for 4 months now because I was becoming sexually active again and this pills completely kills that. I have absolutely no sex drive, to the point where even thinking about sex stresses me out. I've gained 10 pounds. I am always always tired. I am overly emotional and can cry over anything. Constant headaches and the nauseous is unbearable. I didn't really know why I was feeling all of these things, because it took about 2.5 months to notice, but these other reviews helped me connect the dots to the pills causing me so much trouble. Everyone reacts differently, but I don't recommend risking it."

TWXO (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 17, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Birth Control "I read a lot of reviews before I took the Lo Loestrin Fe. No one wrote that it can make you crazy. At first I was feeling good, no problem at all. Here and there I had nausea, but that was nothing compare the cramps I was having before. Then, I started having night sweets... (by the way this was my first time taking birth control and I only took the pills for 6 months). After taking the pill for about 5 months I've noticed that I'm having lack of interested in things, feeling sad, crying, negative thoughts. These thoughts really scared me. All these time I've been consulting with my OBGYN and she asked me if I was pregnant and said it had nothing to do with the pill."

MiaJ January 16, 2017