User Reviews for Lo Loestrin Fe

Birth Control

1,048 reviews 314 medications
Summary of Lo Loestrin Fe reviews 6.0 1,048 reviews

Reviews for Lo Loestrin Fe

For Birth Control "I was on LoLo for 4 miserable months! During those 4 months I spotted and or bled heavily for 3 weeks out of the month, stopped bleeding only while on the first week of the pack. I was also severely depressed and had 3 horrible panic attacks, one was so bad I was take to the ER. My anxiety while on LoLo got to a point where simple everyday tasks like going to the grocery or taking my kids out was impossible for me. I felt lightheaded/dizzy and fatigued on a daily basis. After numerous visits and phone calls to my OBGYN she finally took me off this pill and my mood has changed dramatically I now feel I’m back to my normal self. LoLo was a nightmare for me!"

Brit (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 14, 2018

For Birth Control "Not horrible- first 3 week of taking it experienced pretty awful mood swings and borderline depression for a week. However, by the 4th week this all cleared up and I felt back to normal! No acne, no weight gain, nothing from there on :)"

Lin (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 14, 2018

For Birth Control "This birth control messed with my mood very severely. I had mood swings, sank into a deep depression about 3 months into me taking the pill, and my anxiety skyrocketed. As a person who already deals with anxiety this medicine did not help. I also had very irregular periods, and sometimes it wouldn’t come for a month or two at a time which was pretty concerning when sexually active. I’ve had bad headaches and cramps throughout the time I’ve been on this pill, which is about 9 months, but otherwise it worked just fine. However, I’m definitely going to get switched off of it."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 13, 2018

For Birth Control "Unfortunately did not have a good experience with this pill. Was given a prescription for this after being off of hormonal birth control for 10 years due to getting emotional side effects (I had previously tried 3 different brands), I wanted to see if I could find something that might work for me. After only 2 weeks I was severely depressed and started having such severe panic attacks (which I'm not prone to) that I had to be put on medical leave from work. In addition I had extreme fatigue, brain fog, and heavy breakthrough bleeding that lasted 2.5 weeks. I stopped taking it at the end of the first pack and within a couple weeks I felt normal again. Obviously everyone's body is different, but I don't think I would recommend this brand to anyone who may have had depression/anxiety on other hormonal birth control, I'm not sure that this one actually lessens these side effects as it claims to."

L_A_K September 13, 2018

For Birth Control "The first year I was on this was fine. I had no period, no weight gain. My acne didn't clear up, but didn't get worse either. However, the second year, my mood swings and depression and anxiety went off the charts. I've cried like I've never cried before, there's been days I was ready to just crawl into a hole and never come out, I would get really irritated with my significant other and friends- over nothing. Upon some research and talking to friends, this isn't out of the ordinary. I'm switching off of it this cycle, and hoping that something else works better for me."

Kty (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 12, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on Lo Loesterin for 7 months. It did make my periods super light and they would only last a day. In August I did not get a period which I don't like. This birth control gave me horrible acne. I usually only break out right before my period but my acne was all the time and it was cystic acne at that. I didn't really have any cramps at all. I am now on month 7 and I'm experiencing break through bleeding which is a little heavier than normal. My GYN is changing me to Junel since this may not be enough hormones for me. This birth control was okay. I just can't deal with the acne and my face was oily all of the time! Not to mention I think it was causing my hair to shed more than normal. I can't wait to switch. Every one is different though so keep hanging in there!"

JessCuhh (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 6, 2018

For Birth Control "I spent the past 4 years on Lo lo estrogen. Initially, I gained 15 pounds--but I chalked it up to growing as I was 15 when I started it. I started out 3-4 days a week with a personal trainer and completely revamped my diet as a way of combating this--but nothing seemed to help me shed the incredible amount of weight I had gained. I went off my pill before summer and immediately dropped 15 pounds in a single month, with absolutely no changes in my diet and exercise. I felt as if my mood improved tremendously--my tiredness was gone, my sex drive was restored, and of course, my weight dropped. DO NOT recommend this medication."

Anonymous September 4, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been taking this medication for 6 months I HATE IT. My periods have always been extremely painful. I used to be on aviane and I loved it. My dr put me on this medication. From reading other reviews I finally feel like I'm justified. My side affects have been horrible. Breasts very tender, extremely depressed, mood swings, and I feel like I have the flu all the time. Cravings are horrible I just want to eat everything, I have gained about 10 lbs which makes my mood even worse. As I type this review I'm bundled up in a blanket with a heating pad and with a horrible headache. I feel like there is no relief and I constantly complaining and I cry about everything WHICH IS SO UNLIKE ME. I'm trying to think maybe this will pass but my husband and my family can't go on with my emotional rollercoaster any longer I think I'm going to stop taking this medication."

Shortcake (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 3, 2018

For Birth Control "This product has had such a negative impact on me. I’ve always been in and around 110 pounds but I immediately gained 20 on LoLo that won’t come off. I have zero sex drive and my anxiety + depression has worsened. I also haven’t gotten my period in 2 years which is not very comforting. The bloating and stomach cramps are daily, literally no way of minimizing that."

Vee (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 1, 2018

For Birth Control "I’m 18, and I started to take this at 17. I had very bad cramps, bloating, acne, cravings, diarrhea, bodyaches, headaches. My periods would be 3-5 days long w heavy flow every month. This September will mark a year of me taking this. In the first 2 months I had no period at all. November- 5 days. December -4 days. End of the month spotted for 1 week then got my period the next week. So I bled for 2 weeks. February-Nothing. March-spotting 2 days. End of April-May- 2 weeks. June nothing. July- 5 days. And now currently I am 9 days late. With extremely heavy bloating, and nausea. Before starting this birth control I was already an anxious/stressed person, over the course of taking this I have become so much more anxious/stressed to the point where I start shaking, crying, and get extremely cold. If you’re an anxious /stressed person I don’t suggest you take this, it will increase those feelings and if you’re sextually active you won’t always get your period causing you to worry."

180NSD August 25, 2018

For Birth Control "My gyno switched me to lo lo three months ago. I was on the generic of Aviane and had long irregular periods. She switched me to lo lo to help with that. I immediately stopped having my period and I hate it. It feels unnatural to not have it at all and it always makes me paranoid that I’m pregnant. I have felt VERY moody on Lo Lo. I’m 22 and have had acne since I was probably around 12. Not cystic- just mild sized hormonal bumps on my chin but it’s constant. Aviane had almost entirely cleared up my skin when I went on LoLo and ever since I’ve switched I’ve had HORRIBLE acne. Painful deep ones which I’ve never had much of before. I am switching back to Aviane brand only this time to see if that helps regulate me."

Kiki2920 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 23, 2018

For Birth Control "This is my first birth control I've ever taken. I would say even in the first few days I didn't feel like myself and I felt depressed and very very irritable. My skin also got super oily which contributed to some painful pimples here and there but nothing too serious. I have also developed really bad headaches and I feel like I'm on my period all the time. It also seems like my hair has started to fall out more, but nothing too drastic. I think I'm going to switch to a different pill."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 21, 2018

For Birth Control "Love this pill! I take it continuously and have for 2 years. I have endometriosis and adenomyosis. Visanne caused me too much spotting, this has just enough estrogen to keep my lining intact. No negative side effects. My emotions and sex drive are much calmer and balanced now."

Anonymous August 15, 2018

For Birth Control "In the first 2 months I had random spotting and lost 10 pounds almost immediately, however by month 3 my periods were lasting 9-12 days and were extremely irregular! (They used to be regular and never lasted more than 4 days). Also by this time I noticed that I had become extremely depressed. It was affecting my relationship because I was always crying and never wanted to do anything but sleep. I became extremely insecure and truly just felt like I didn’t like myself. I also developed extreme anxiety to the point where I couldn’t even go to the store without crying or panicking. That is so unlike me so after 8 months I finally got off it and I feel 100% myself again! I do not recommend this to anyone who already has mood swings or anxiety. Other than the drastic effect it had on my mood, there were no other symptoms other than irregular/longer periods."

Sam (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 15, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on LoLo Fe for six years and have had a good experience with it. Before that I was on Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo And also had a good experience with that. My periods are light and fairly short (3 days usually). Occasionally, I won’t even get one at all, which is nice. It did not cause me to break out or gain weight. My only complaint is that once in a blue moon it’ll change my cycle. In April I was bleeding very lightly for two straight weeks. After that, I was back to normal. That is the only time in 6 years that I have been frustrated with LoLo Fe."

JuJu (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 14, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been on LoLo Fefor about 3 years now, and I'm going off of it for good once I finish this pack. I've definitely experienced some mood swings like being more irritable, more emotional (can cry easily), and slight anxiety, which is so not like me. Before starting this birth control, I never experienced any of this. I don't get my period on it, which I don't really like. I want to get my period so I know I'm not pregnant. I constantly feel bloated. In all, I feel like it's doing no good to my body and emotions, so going off of it seems like the right choice."

Ali333 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 13, 2018

For Birth Control "I have nothing but positive things to say about Lolo Fe. Unlike others, I haven't experienced weight gain, mood swings or acne. My breast size has increased and that's a plus. My periods are gradually starting to get lighter. I'm now down to a 3 day cycle. I've been on the pill for about 6 months. I would recommend it to others."

CloClo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 12, 2018

For Birth Control "I hate this pill. I got on it for shorter and less horrible periods. I still get the cramps, my periods lasts 4 days longer than my original period. It’s definitely lighter, but it’s longer. I also get my period every week. I don’t like this pill!!!!!"

isabelllll (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 11, 2018

For Birth Control "I took this medicine for 4 months, and I wish I hadn't. I took other birth control pills in my 20s and never had any issues. I decided to start again in my 30s because of very heavy periods. This particular birth control caused extreme depression in me. I realized it the first month, but hoping that my body would adjust, I kept taking it. After four cycles of misery, and a day spent crying for no reason, I decided that I was done. I also had a week-long bleed on week 3 of the pills and spotting at the end of the pack. I had a lot of cramping when bleeding, and I had a bloated stomach that would never go flat, even on normal days. I've never had an adverse reaction to medicine before, but this experience has opened my eyes. I would not recommend this pill to anyone, and I will be rethinking the necessity of taking birth control."

Momofone (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 10, 2018

For Birth Control "Ladies.....this pill has to be the worst form of contraceptive I've ever used. I only gave it a 2 because it kept me from getting pregnant which was the goal. But that could have been because it killed my sex drive and so I wasn't doing much in the bedroom department. But those side effects though.... I took Ortho Tri Cyclen for 10 years and I never had any side effects. I took this for 2 months and my breasts felt physically hot to the touch like I had just had a baby and my milk came in. It was insane. They were swollen and tender and almost kind of hard for several days. It was very painful. Even my husband noticed it. I had huge emotional swings. I cried for an hour straight 1 day for no reason at all. I've had the worst cramps of my life for 4 days. My normal period wasn't even that level of cramping. And I would have spotting in the middle of the package. Plus I've gained 10 lbs in 2 months. Needless to say, I stopped taking it a couple days ago."

snickerdoodle August 10, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on lolo for 4 1/2 years and I have no complaints. I started because of a very heavy period and cramps. Ever since I haven’t gotten a period and I spot about once every 2-3 months which is fine if it means no period. I haven’t received any side effects from taking it besides a little nauseous here and there, which could be almost anything."

ktol8876 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 7, 2018

For Birth Control "Had my daughter about less than 2 months ago and I breastfeed her so my doctor prescribe me this and I am on week 3. From what I noticed I have been getting tiny pimples which is new to me because I tend to have clear skin but they go away after 3 days. I also noticed a rash building on my neck although it doesn't irritated me all I notice is a small reddish, dry patch and I'm watching it to see if it grows I assume its from the BC because thats the only thing I've changed. I finally got what I assume is my period yesterday but it was light and only lasted for the day. I will update next month but so far I don't mind the pill."

kej0 (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on it for just over 2 years and I’ve never gotten pregnant. My period is predictable and light, I no longer have excruciating cramps. However I think it’s made me depressed. I started taking it when I was 17 and I was never this depressed before I started taking it. Last year was the peak of my depression but I think it’s peaking again, my emotions are unpredictable. However I give this the highest rating because although I have experienced some problems, it does what it’s supposed to do."

Riley (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 6, 2018

For Birth Control "Since being on LOLO I had spotting the first month and never got a period after that, even on the placebo pills. It has heightened my anxiety and I do experience nausea, but I also got nauseous on my period before lolo so its not a huge complaint. I've never thrown up on the pill and I used to throw up after Alesse which is a higher dose. I'm choosing to stop LOLO as not having a period when your active and not having confirmation of not being pregnant does not keep me at ease. Other wise it is a good low dose option."

99b August 2, 2018

For Birth Control "This was the first bc pill I ever took. I’m 18 and I’ve always had really painful cramps and heavy periods so I hoped birth control would help. I’ve been on it for 10 days and the side effects are horrible! I had acne for multiple years as a kid and it went away with multiple dermatologist trips, creams, pills, and even a chemical peel 6 months ago. After taking this pill for only 10 days I got horrible cystic acne that made me embarrassed to go out. I never gained any weight but I was very bloated. I also had very low libido. This experience makes me never want to take another bc again. my doctor didn’t even give me any options or listen to my problems. She just threw this brand at me. Horrible product."

Unknown (taken for less than 1 month) July 29, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...