User Reviews for Lo Loestrin Fe

Learn more about Lo Loestrin Fe.

Birth Control 837 reviews 299 medications

6.2
Summary of Lo Loestrin Fe reviews 837 reviews 6.2

Reviews for Lo Loestrin Fe

For Birth Control "My experience with Lo Loestrin has been great except for one thing: acne. I had never before have any skin issues, not even in my teenage years. But now I have a lot of bumps and acne specially on my chin and back. Nothing seems to work to eliminate this problem. However I love the fact that I do not have menstrual periods at all. Therefore no cramps, headaches nor bloating. I actually do not notice any mood changes either. I've been taking it for 8 months now and I am overall happy with it. But I have to say that I am pretty embarrassed and frustrated about my acne. I am planning on seeing a dermatologist and see if it helps."

Diana42 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 21, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I'm on week 3. I used to be on the xulane patch but at my 6 month pp appointment and after using the patch for a couple weeks I had a terrible skin reaction.. (which was weird cuz I used it for almost 9 yrs with no issue) switched to this pill, take it every night at 8:30 pm when kids are in bed. -im 25 btw. So far, BAD cystic acne on my chin, around mouth, forehead. It's so embarrassing I don't even want to check the mail. Headaches, bloated and huge. Reduced sex drive, 14 day period. Bad cramps with period and I'm 5 days off it and still cramping bad with some back pain. :/ I am constantly hungry, and I always want to cry or get easily emotional. I hate it! I'm considering getting off it. Idk what I'm Ganna do but I'll figure it out."

Stef_GA (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Bigger boobs, clear skin, no emotional disruption, no ill side effects that I've noticed whatsoever. Absolutely a godsend."

834ic April 18, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was prescribed Lo Loestrin Fe to regulate my hormones after surgery. I experienced the scary side effects like pain numbness in arms and legs, darkening of urine, abdominal pain, and forgetfulness. Not to mention the spotting, weight gain, acne, and contact lens problem. I don't use the word hate often, but I HATE this pill!"

T. J. (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 13, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been prescribed this birth control since my 6 week checkup February 14th but I didn't start taking pills until March 12th After sexual intercourse, but I wasn't taking them everyday like I should. My period still came on a couple days early and was regular but I have cramps even after my period. A couple of days ago April 8th I started taking the pills everyday and the cramping are starting to decrease but I have headaches and My stomach bubbled up like I had diarrhea & I felt nauseous at one point ."

dimpleface April 12, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been taking this BC for 2 years now and have had a very good experience. My periods are pretty much gone and when I do have them they are very short and light. I have no gained any weight from this BC or noticed anything off mentally however I do feel very tired a lot (but I'm not sure this is due to the BC). The only thing that I would say is my breast are tender all the time (which doesn't really bother me)."

Amcd April 11, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I switched to this medication because I had problems with Orsythia which caused nausea, decreased lubrication and weight gain. Switching to Lo Loestrin has been the best change I could have made. I used to have very heavy periods. They are now light (don't even have to use a pad just a liner) and shorter (3 days as compared to 7 before). Some months I don't even get my period which I consider a bonus (3 mo is longest I've gone without it) I have not been able to lose the weight I gained or orsythia (15lb) but no other side effects. 9/10 for me. Only reason I didn't give it 10 is because it has not significantly reduced my cramping when menstruating."

Penny_lane_ April 9, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been taking this for a few months now. No bad side effects just a lot of bleeding. I'll have my period for a week then boom another one a week and a half later and this one is way heavier and crappier. I've basically bled for almost a month. It's ruining my sex life."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 8, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I am starting my third pack of this pill. I am conflicted regarding it because it has reduced my anxiety and levelled my emotions wonderfully, but at the cost of having six day periods with only seven days of no period in between the next one. I'm having two periods a month and I'm getting quite annoyed with having to buy tampons constantly. The periods are not what I would consider breakthrough bleeding as they are not light and require extra absorbent tampons for the first few days. I believe I have increased hunger and water retention on this pill as well. I have gone from a stable 129lbs to 136lbs. I am so happy with how level and calm I am on it...but fourteen days of bleeding a month is a steep price to pay for it."

BeeSilver87 April 7, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I'm taking this medicine for the past 3 months and I have to say its the worst!!!!! I feel very very sad, I started to get anxious and have meltdowns easily. I have no energy to do absolutely anything, not even cooking dinner or walk my dogs and I was an active person. I tried to stay on the pill because I thought that my body will get used to but I'm still having the same side effects. Also a lot of stomach issues bloating, constipation, nauseas as well headaches at the right or left side of my head only. The only improved side effect I had noticed overtime is that when I started to take this medicine I had a lot of acne and skin inflammation but now I see my skin much better. this medicine has more cons than pros STAY AWAY!!!!"

gabull (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 7, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I'm 18, and my gyno put me on this to help with my hormone imbalance ( I have a slightly high testosterone level ). I'm almost 2 months into taking it, but within the first week, lymph nodes in my face painfully swelled up under my skin.They eventually went down, but that was only within a week of taking it, later, I had acne in places I have NEVER had it and cysts under my skin.Keep in mind I have never had a problem with acne in my life, 90% of the time prior to this pill my skin was almost completely clear.I had irregular bleeding in the middle of the pack after NOT getting it when I was supposed to (during the sugar pills), I checked the scale yesterday and I gained 8 pounds so far, and my mood swings are insane. Going off this pill ASAP."

Natalie C (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 7, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I am 22 and have been taking this medication for 4 months. I have horrible acne now that I didn't have before, on my face and my chest. I had a 2 week long period in the first month and haven't had one since but I still cramp at times. I've been extremely moody and depressed which isn't going away or decreasing. Also, I can't lose weight because I'm hungry all the time and always feel too miserable to exercise."

WhoSaidIt April 6, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "okay so when I originally read reviews for this pill, I was TERRIFIED. I assume you understand why. But I decided to give it a shot since my old bc (lutera) was not working for my body. having previously struggled pretty badly with acne, I was prepared for the worst. My skin did get worse, yes, but with a consistent skin care routine I have managed it back to normal. I have been on this pill for 6 months and I actually like it a lot. I get cramps but my periods are 2 days, if at all. I had some break through bleeding at the beginning but it wasn't bad at all and did not bother me. It's worth a shot. Not all birth controls are perfect. You are pumping your body with hormones that shouldn't be there, hence the side affects. good luck!"

oliviam12345 April 5, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've only been on this pill for a week. All I have to say is I don't like it. This is my first birth control. It gives me extreme headaches. The headaches are all day too. Not just for a few hours. I have migraines anyway, but this is just pushing it over. I'm hungry a lot and just mellow. I've gained 5 lbs already. I cry and don't feel good enough to do anything. I get super tired. I feel like my stomach is messed up all the time. It gurgles and cramps. Right under my left rib is the main part it hurts. It's like I have gas but can't ever burp or fart. And when I do, it doesn't help anything. I really don't like what it's dong to me. And it being my first BC, it really throws the others under the bus."

KayKay2017 April 3, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I am 19 years old and I've been on this birth control for almost 7 months. At first I would get the typical spotting through the pill package and I had horrible breakouts around my chin (I never got breakout, maybe 1-2 pimples before my period). I waited it out for the 3 months because my friends encouraged it. They were right for the most part. My acne did clear up and now my skin is just as clear as before, if not better. Yet, I get breakthrough bleeding..STILL. It scares me more than anything and for that I can't give this birth control a high rating. Isn't the birth control suppose to assure you that you are not pregnant? This birth control causes more stress than it does help."

AmeliaGrace_1997 March 28, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been off and on this medication for the past year and a half. The first month or two, I am very bloated, moody/depressed, no sex drive, and I have a period that lasts 2 weeks. If I stick with it for a few months, the good thing is that I stop having a period altogether, and the bloating and moodiness seem to stabilize. However, it continues to have a very negative effect on my sex drive, which seems kind of counter-intuitive for what you want in a birth control medication. Like at least one other contributor here, I thought it couldn't actually be the pill, but when I've gone off of it (because of side effects), the side effects are gone within the week."

Susanita9 March 23, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I really like lolo I was prescribed because of my low tolerance for side effects. I have been on for almost 5 or 6 months now and have experienced little to no side effects. I was freaked out in the beginning because I had one super long heavy period after the first month of taking it and no period for 3 months afterwards. By reading the reviews I found some relief from my anxiety of being pregnant. I am giving it an 9 just because I have recently been experiencing night sweats but it could be just because I got my prescription filled at a new pharmacy. Otherwise I haven't experienced very many side effects as of RECENT. In the beginning I expected the side effects. Also giving a 9 because it can be expensive if you don't have insurance."

k1k1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 23, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on this BC for only 2 weeks and so far the side effects have been minimal. I'm a 25yr old who has never been on BC before. I was extremely hesitant to try any sort of hormonal contraceptives because of my history struggling with severe acne and my miserable experience with accutane. To my surprise, Lo Loestrin Fe has been pleasant. I am moodier and hungrier than usual but am good about reminding myself that it's only the pill aggravating these side effects and to remain as normal as I can. No initial breakout or acne, which was my main concern. I will continue using this BC. Remind yourself that every pill will react differently to others, trust your doctor and carefully map out what your main concerns are to them before deciding."

CCCait March 21, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have never written a review online for anything in my entire life, but because of my extremely negative experience w/ Loestrin Fe, I feel inclined to. I was prescribed this BC to help regulate my hormone levels, my period, and the physical side effects of PCOS. I tried to remain hopeful while on this pill and stick it out for a full 3 months, but after just two full months, I was advised by my gyno & family members/ friends to stop using it. This BC exacerbated my previously mild depression and anxiety to a level where I could not get out of bed or go outside. I would spend hours lying in bed and crying; I was so miserable. If you're someone who has even very mild depression/anxiety, I would recommend being HIGHLY cautious before starting"

exacerbates depression/anxiety (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 21, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I started taking this pill around 2 years ago and started to get extremely depressed. My mom and I thought it was because of a boy I was seeing so I broke it off and also got off of the medicine, thinking I wouldn't need it anymore. About 2 months ago, I started on this same birth control again and have felt very emotionally overwhelmed and have not been myself at all. I have made the decision to go off of this medicine for good this time and already seeing positive effects. I do not at all recommend this product."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 20, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "The best BC I've tried! I'm taking it for one month and have minimal side effects. My breasts slightly increased in size, but no weight gain or acne. I'm taking it at night, so I don't know if there are any headaches or nausea, I don't have any during the day. Love it!"

Olivianc March 19, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been taking this for over a year, with that being said I have had no period the entire time I've been on it which is great! The only biggest downside is my sex drive is completely gone, sex is often very painful and without my natural lubrication it is hard for me to have sex for the few days after I have it! This has been enough for me to want to switch, my doctor told me is it common to become dry while taking low estrogen pills. Im going to switch to a slightly higher pill in hopes of a higher sex drive!"

Nicky1995 March 18, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "AWFUL.... This birth control was the first my 16yr old daughter has been on. After the first few days I noticed how irritable and moody she was. I called the doctor, she recommended to keep taking it and let her body adjust to it. 1 month taking this birth control She became very angry, aggressive towards people and friends, irritated all of the time, short memory and memory loss, irrational acts, very depressed, 3 panic attacks and suicide attempt. She thankfully is ok but very scary. She doesn't even remember her snap decision to take her own life. She just says she felt like everything was terrible and she didn't want to feel like that. This is an extreme reaction I know but wanted to let it known what happened."

Mom of a teen (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "This was my first birth control I've ever taken. I'm 20 around 160. I was diagnosed with PCOS and I didn't have my period for 1 year. My doctor started me on this BC. The first month was bad. Tons of mood swings, in a bad mood all the time. My period that month lasted 2 weeks and very heavy. Which was reasonable since I didn't have it for 1 year. I took it for another month and my period lightened up as well as the cramps. I do have headaches here and there and my breasts have been very tender (also perky). I've been working out and eating healthy so no weight gain or breakouts. My sex drive has increased ( which was low when I didn't have my period). I haven't had unprotected sex yet since I'm scared it will fail."

Ness1289 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 16, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Gave this a 5 rating because it did prevent pregnancy, but having said that, the side effects are not worth it. No legitimate weight gain but water weight and bloating caused fluctuations daily of up to 5 lbs up or down (normally my weight is the same daily). Night sweats due to low estrogen, flat hair, duller complexion, total lack of sex drive, and dry like the Sahara down there due to thickening of cervical mucus. Definitely irritability and mood swings. Stopped mid pack month one and feel much better after one day of this out of my system. I was skeptical a pill could do all of the after reading the reviews, but 2 weeks in, experiencing it myself, they are all right. Not worth trying to stick it out in case body adjusts in a few months."

Lo fe not for me (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2017