User Reviews for Lo Loestrin Fe

Learn more about Lo Loestrin Fe.

Birth Control 915 reviews 300 medications

6.1
Summary of Lo Loestrin Fe reviews 915 reviews 6.1

Reviews for Lo Loestrin Fe

For Birth Control "I'm 18 years old to anyone who wants a teenagers perspective. I've been on this pill for 3 months now & I really like it. The first week of taking this pill I was a little nauseous. I have really bad chronic depression & extreme anxiety & this contraceptive doesn't effect my moods whatsoever. I did gain a little bit of weight but I have always been really small so weight gain didn't bother me. I've noticed a big increase in appetite. My acne has gone unphased. I've read that a lot of people have lost their sex drive while on this birth-control, but it is the exact opposite for me. Unfortunately I've noticed some vaginal dryness during sex which is terrible. But it's lessened my periods to two days each month. I strongly recommend!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for about 4 months and so far it has made me extremely moody and have terrible acne. I am 22 and only ever had bad acne when I was an athlete, after that I never had acne. Ever since I started this pill my acne is not controllable. I have huge red zits all over my face and it seems like when one goes away, I get three more. I am also very moody, which I have never been before. I have constant mood swings and any little problem or sad situation makes me want to burst into tears and I am generally not a very emotional person. This birth control has all my hormones messed up and people say it takes time to adjust, but this is ridiculous and it is only getting worse as time goes on."

MykalaS (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I would not recommend this birth control at all. I've taken BC in the past and had 0 complications. To begin, this BC is a low dosage so it really shouldn't have this severe of symptoms. Two weeks after starting this birth control I noticed a huge increase in appetite (causing me to gain weight), I had mood swings, spotting, and fatigue. I am now finishing up my 2nd month and am being stopping this because I ended up having episodes of depression again, heavier spotting (had to wear a tampon), and got acne (in addition to the 1st month side effects). Do not waste your time, pain, and energy with this birth control."

meoff (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This birth control has worked very well for me. I've tried 3 other oral contraceptives in the past (all for 3+ months each) and I tried the Skyla IUD for 6 months. All of those ended up absolutely ruining my body, my clear skin, and my moods. I became borderline suicidal. My OBGYN recommended me this brand due to its low hormone levels and the fact that it is mostly estrogen based. I've still been having some spotting still 5 months in, but that's my only real complaint. My skin has stayed clear, my sex drive is normal, and I haven't gained any weight. The fact that it's SO EXPENSIVE sucks though. $37 per month...I wish I could get it free like the other forms of birth control I've gotten in the past!"

HannahO September 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Best birth control pill I've tried. More expensive but less symptoms than others - no bleeding, no bloating, no weight gain, no emotional effects despite being on it for 3 years. No periods either which is great! The 'periods' from other pills are not actually periods and are not needed."

Mia Rose September 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I'm 19 years old. First birth control pill. The only side effects that I have experienced are that my boobs have gotten bigger (which is good) and I have experienced spotting. Don't really get my periods and my skin really cleared"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I am in my 40's. I wanted to try this pill to control my very heavy periods. I was a little worried after hearing all the stories. I had a little bit of break out bleeding in the second month but other wise no side effects. The first few months I had a light period for 2 days each month. I only needed pantyliners. I am on my fourth month and I had no period. I highly recommend this BC. It worked great for me. I love it."

Nikemom (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "My doctor suggested that I take birth control so I decided to try out the pills first. She prescribed me lo loestrin Fe and I took it for about 3 months before I decided to throw them away. My acne became really horrible! I had never had cystic acne in my life. My skin has still not cleared up which is a real bummer and I'm pretty sure I'm going to remain with scars. Overall it did its job at preventing pregnancy. My period spotted for a few days the first month and I didn't have a period the remaining months. It was really great without period pains also. I am now going to try an implant and change the hormonal balances to tray and clear my skin ugh!!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I would give this birth control a 0/10 if I could. I started taking this medication a month and a half ago and it has been horrible. The first month I developed extreme constipation and spotting that was manageable. 3 weeks through my second pack I have severe bleeding causing me to wear a tampon so I don't bleed everywhere. I know you should wait three months for your body to adjust but no woman should have to go through constant bleeding. I can't even finish my second pill pack the constipation and bleeding is so bad. I'm stopping and just having my period. I rather have sanity and endure five days of bleeding from my period rather than two weeks of straight heavy spotting. I would not recommend this birth control."

haileyL September 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Stay very far away from this birth control. This birth control was recommended to me by a doctor (at the time it was only on the market a few months) so I was bit iffy on trying it. Anyways I went through with it, and well let me tell you this birth control is like no other. It started with me being very moody, but towards the end I was just so down and my depression got so bad I had to get off this pill. The worst of the worst about it, is I do not have periods anymore. I started spotting and spotting more as the months went by then bam, one month I just never had them. It's been 2 years since I've been off this medicantion, my depression is still ongoing, and I do not have periods anymore. This pill did permanent damage to my ovaries."

Ji97 September 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Horrible side effects. Been on this pill for almost 8 months and the bloating/ cramps are just getting worse and worse. Put on about 10 pounds even though it's water weight - it did NOT go away!! Worsened my anxiety and depression , made me so tired could barely do anything all day I felt like I was on morphine. I feel like I have to pee 600 times a day because of how bloated I am. Terrible terrible pill. Do not recommend."

Vanessa12345 September 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I would highly recommend lo lo . I have been on it only 3 Months and I'm very happy with the results. I was on depo provera for almost four years and left me with pre menopause symptoms and had to get off it. Tried three kinds of Birth control and all made me gain weight and mood swings. I tried about 6 months no bc and the depo side effects made my life and sex life miserable. Consistent discharge and smell (sorry about the vulgar details) my sex life with my bf was a mess. I was prescribed lo lo and I have not had a problem since. I had my period the first month second month was a week late lasted 8 days by the third month no period and I am not pregnant yay. I'm 30 and has to b the best contraceptive I have ever taken!"

Nene30 September 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started this pill when I was 22. I've been taking it for 3 years now and I'm very pleased with it. I was nervous about starting birth control because of all the side effects you hear about. But I have not gained weight, I don't have mood swings. Nothing negative. I had bad periods/cramps before and they are gone. I don't really get a period anymore. Which I'm happy with. It's worth trying if you want a low dose birth control and you have bad periods. Also there are coupons online so it's not so expensive. It was $25 a month. Now it's $25 for 3 months."

Emilia24 August 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This birth control is great. No real side effects being on it, I actually lost weight being on this pill and I was so scared I would gain weight hearing horror stories of oral contraceptives. Only problem for some is that after being on it for about 2-3 years now I went from having a period like every 6 months in the beginning to completely stopped getting my periods altogether on it. So if you want to have a period every month this pill might not be right for you. I also have a bit of dryness down there also being on pill so that's the only other negative. But all in all I'm very happy with this pill"

Kaaaaaaaaaay August 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I took Lo Loestrin Fe for 2 years and honestly loved it. I switched briefly to the generic version for a month, and it was freaking awful, so I switched back to Lo Lo right away. Only issue I encountered on it was that I ovulated over the BC.. which resulted in extreme breast tenderness & growth (for about 2-3 weeks) and weight gain. When this first happened to me I really thought I was pregnant, after a test came out negative I went to my OBGYN and she explained that it was too low a hormone level to properly regulate my cycle. Hence the ovulation. So then I switched to generic and ended up just switching back again. I finally stopped taking Lo Lo after the 2nd time I ovulated over the pills and got an IUD. Overall though, great BC"

Asmith233 August 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on this birth control for a month and needless to say it's been a nightmare. I had clear skin before starting, and for this entire month I've had cystic pimples all along my jaw line and neck, and pimples around my mouth and chin. My boobs swelled A LOT and they always hurt, my mood swings are horrendous and to top it off, I bled for 2-1/2 weeks straight. Sorry but I don't have the patience to wait 3 months or longer for that kind of stuff to level out. I'll be discontinuing."

stephanie1___** August 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This pill was recommended by my OB after removing my birth control implant. I told her my concerns were huge in the weight gain department because any BC I've ever tried I've always gained weight. I took the pill for about 6 months then decided to stop because I was having a hard time losing weight. Once I stopped taking it I didn't get a period for like four months. I went to the doctor & they had to put me on hormones to jump start my period again. I was finally starting to lose weight & get back to normal when I decided to get back on this pill because IT ACTUALLY DID help control my moods. Well. I've been taking it again for like a week & now I'm back to being hungry all the time!!! "

Crystal Lynn (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I'm a 18 year old for anyone who wants a teenager's perspective of this pill. This is a very good birth control and I haven't had any crazy side affects. I just finished my first pack and waiting for my next one. The only issue I have so far was starting my period over a week early, but it was a very light period which was good. And also I've been having dark discharge a little over a week but it is said to be normal within the first 1-3 months of taking this pill. Other than that I feel very normal and I haven't seen much of a change with my body besides the early light period. Younger women taking this pill will probably have less side affects than older women and I haven't seen any reviews for girls around my age so I hope this helps."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Terrible. Broke out in really bad acne (five pimples on my face) within a week of taking it (I normally have very clear skin). Skin in general has become an oil slick. Much more emotional than usual and started crying at a concert after two drinks. Hungrier than normal - I think about food a lot and I've already gained a few lbs. Fell asleep one night without taking my pill. By the time I woke up my period had started and I proceeded to spot for the next week despite religiously continuing to take my pill at the exact same time. I quit. This sucks. On the plus side, I'm sure that this works well as birth control. I am unlikely to get pregnant as I am broken out, puffy, emotional and continuously on my period! Thanks, Lolo!"

Dlle (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I recently switched from Junel Fe 1/20 to this birth control (free sample from Gyno) and I'm switching back to Junel Fe 1/20 ASAP. Lo Loestrin Fe has caused me to gain about 10-15 lbs and I've only been on it a month. I constantly feel bloated, hungry, and my breasts felt huge. I have also started losing my hair because of this birth control. It caused me to have horrible mood swings...it was like I was PMSing the entire month I was on it. Please stay clear of this birth control."

gjames90 August 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Well I'm on my first pack in my 2nd row bleeding still my doc say I just started so give it time I just wanna stop bleeding, my boobs are sore, other then that haven't notice any other side affects. Yet I do have some light cramping in my uterus. Can someone help me should I give it a chance since it's my first pack or give up"

Ashash August 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "When I first started taking this birth control, it was great. My periods stopped and I only had some spotting the first month or so. About two-three months in though, I felt like it made me lose my sex drive a lot and had no libido. On top of this, I noticed I had a lot of vaginal dryness - even before having sex - and this made doing anything sexual not that pleasurable. I also gained a few pounds after beginning the pill. I didn't experience any change in my acne though, as it is a possible side effect of this particular birth control."

Lillian18 August 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started this BC at 17 and just went off of it a few months ago at age 19 to one that would help my skin. BIG MISTAKE. I did not realize how great Lo Loestrine fe was until I was on a new one. I experienced virtually no side effects - other than not getting a period whatsoever, even the first pack, which I loved. Other than that I felt absolutely no different, and while I'm sad it didn't help my skin at all, I'm starting to think that moderate acne is pretty small in comparison to all the negative side effects I have on my new pill. I think I will be switching back to LoLo"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This is THE BEST birth control I've come across. I'm seriously blown away. I have had zero mood swings--- even near my period, I had break through bleeding the first month and that was it, my periods are already so light and I'm only on the third month, my face cleared right up and has been less oily, I've lost weight... I'm on cloud nine. I have never had this well of an experience on birth control as I'm very sensitive to medications."

ArielPry August 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "When I started taking Lo Loestrin Fe it was great. It cleared up my skin, I didn't get pregnant, I didn't have any periods, it was AWESOME. About 3 months into it I started seeing a major decrease in my sex drive, I was extremely moody and depressed, my husband and I fought pretty much on a daily basis... needless to say I stopped taking it after my annual prescription ran out. I only took it because our insurance covered the entire cost. But after seeing the effects it had on, not just me but, my marriage, I refuse to ever take this medication again. I HATE this birth control and I wouldn't recommend anyone taking it."

KristaPitcher22 (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 6, 2017