User Reviews for Lo Loestrin Fe

Learn more about Lo Loestrin Fe.

Birth Control 709 reviews 282 medications

6.4
Summary of Lo Loestrin Fe reviews 709 reviews 6.4

Reviews for Lo Loestrin Fe

For Birth Control "I only been taking this drug for two months. When I had my period it was worst than before. Didn't get my period the second month. My major issue is my rage/mood swings. I am not the type of person to be angry on the daily. Also I started with no ance. I would get a pimple here and there. The second month I started to see a few. It does take more than a couples of months to help the acne. I started to take this drug to not get pregnant and for my acne."

Susan B Anthony September 17, 2016

For Birth Control "I had a miscarriage and went to my OBGYN and he prescribed me LoLo. He didn't tell me how or when to use it, so I tried to read up on it before I did. My MC started on august 2-11 and I got my ultrasound to check up on everything and they said I passed the baby so I started LoLo. I bled for a month but towards the end of the month (last week and a half) it started turning brown like old blood. I was taking the pill at exactly 9:30 everyday and when I started my new pack, I did good for two days then on my third day I was an hour late but still took it and the day after that, I took it six minutes earlier. But now I'm on day 7, and I took the pill at 9:30 since day 5. I haven't had any S/E but a couple days ago my back started to ache"

RunnerLover (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 15, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on Lo Loestrin Fe for 3.5 years which is more than awesome, just make sure you take it at the same time everyday without stop. As far as my sex life, you have to be vigilant....date nights and 3-4 times a week exercise. I have four boys so I know about being exhausted. You have to love yourself before you can love someone else. Attitude is up to you. It will go away but you must put up the effort to bring it back."

Mom4boys (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 15, 2016

For Birth Control "I started this birth control in April and loved it. I was very nauseous at first but did not spot at all. After 2 months on it I finally got my period for only two days. It was nice not getting it but also made me anxious every month. After this I did not get my period until last week. So that is 3 months of not receiving my period which stressed me out. After months on it I started losing my sex drive and becoming extremely moody the first 3 weeks of the pack. I wasn't myself anymore and everyone around me noticed it. I plan on getting off of it for a couple of months or more to reset my hormones and get back to normal. Obviously everyone will react differently to this pill. Also my insurance didn't cover it so I was paying $80 for 3 packs"

fitsw210 September 14, 2016

For Birth Control "Only giving it a 5 because it is protecting me from getting pregnant. But the side effects are horrible I've been on it for just 1 month I already gained some weight my period never came for the month of September my mood swings are going crazy I always seem to cry for no damn reason which is ridiculous but today was my last pill and I'm so happy for that time to start my old birth control pills."

AraceliE September 13, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on Lo Loestrin for about 5-6 and my periods are either light or non exsistant which is great! My cramps even lessened and I don't have to take anything for them anymore which is fantastic! However I've been bloated for 6 months so much so that my clothes are tight and it's embarrassing as I work out 4 times a week and am very healthy. My face breaks out all the time now with painful cyst like red dots that never form into a pimple and my face has always been clear. My loved ones are complaining about my short fuse and major crankiness which isn't like me at all. My sex drive is gone and I'm in my early 30s, it like happened over night. I'll be switching to something immediately as I was hoping all this would go away."

Young Pro (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 12, 2016

For Birth Control "I started this BC for severe bleeding and it was a horrible experience. I am 33 years old and this is the worst BC pill I have ever used. I bled for 12 days straight during my first period while on this pill. It has also caused my face to break out horribly and awful mood swings. It has also caused me to be severely bloated. I would not recommend this to anyone."

Mommy 83 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 11, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on this for about 6 months and have had a very positive experience, except when I started taking it my bleeding continued for about a month. I had some mild cramping, which I didn't even have to take Advil for. I got on this pill for endometriosis, usually I have debilitating cramps and severe proctalgia fugax during my period and not have experienced any of that. My only symptoms are breast tenderness for about the first month and I've gained a couple of pounds at the most. No acne. Highly recommend!"

Laurie4738383 September 9, 2016

For Birth Control "Just when I thought that this birth control was working great.....Boy was I wrong. The first week I was feeling great, no side effects, no problems.....life was great. Then week 2 hit and everything went to hell. Now i'm bleeding uncontrollably. It's been 3 straight weeks. Guess what? I AM STILL BLEEDING! I have gained weight in my sides making me look like i've just consumed a bakers dozen donuts. I am emotionally unstable as you can tell from this review......!!!!! I am hungry all the time, I am eating everything I can get my meaty hands on and my snack supply has depleted by 2/3. My sex drive is GONE like a bird that hit the damn window. Unless you want your life to be turned upside down in a month like mine was....DO NOT TAKE THIS PILL!"

pissedaf September 9, 2016

For Birth Control "I threw up constantly while using it the first 2 months. And I had constant mood swings & hot flashes. I also gained 10 lbs."

beccccccca September 8, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on this birth control for a year and a half now and I would not recommend. Every month i would get brown discharge second week into a new pack, or I would get my period in the beginning of month and AGAIN during the last row of the pack which is very annoying. The only positive side affect was that I did loose some weight once taking the pill. Therefore I wouldn't really recommend. I decided today to have nexplanon inserted so hopefully this goes well."

Ashlayyy September 7, 2016

For Birth Control "I must say I really like this pill vs all the others I've tried. I was on minastrin before switching to this. I gained 26lbs on the minastrin. It also effected my mood terribly. I was mad and angry all the time. I've been on lo loestrin for about 3 months and I love it! I've already lost almost all the weight I gained and no mood swings!!! I also don't have a period on this pill. That's a big bonus! Not every person responds to the pill the same but I'm so glad my OB have me this."

Cain's mom (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 7, 2016

For Birth Control "First month was great. Slightly more anxiety but thought it would surpass. The pill got worse month by month. More anxiety, more depression. Weight gain. nausea/vomiting. extremely painful periods with crazy mood swings. Cannot wait for this pack to be over so I can switch."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 7, 2016

For Birth Control "I am not one to write reviews about anything online but i thought I'd share what happened to me while on this birth control. I experienced very light to absolutely no periods(which i was completely fine with). I wanted to switch from Beyaz to something with a lower dose of hormones thinking that was a healthy choice for my body boy was I wrong! I always had extremely clear skin but within the first 2 months on this pill i started to experience severe cystic breakouts that were so painful and red I didn't want to leave my house and made me so self conscious. I also experienced dizziness and anxiety that came out of the blue. I cannot take the breakouts anymore so I'm switching back to Beyaz tomorrow which I never had a problem with."

Lea F (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 7, 2016

For Birth Control "I switched to lolo because of unbearable side effects with a pill with higher dose of estrin. I have now been using it for a little over a year. I am the most stable emotionally, my skin is the most clear, and my period is super light and lasts about two days. It took about three months at first for the break through bleeding to stop and I don't always get a monthly period, but it doesn't stress me out because I'm good at taking the pill everyday. Also, I had a bit of nausea the fist week I was on it and my skin was more oily. The nausea went away on its own and I switched to a different face wash- so over all the adjustment was really smooth."

T.A.I (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 6, 2016

For Birth Control "Great experience. No side effects. I still have a period but that's okay. I highly recommend. Don't let previous reviews detour you from giving it a try!"

Abc123zyx September 5, 2016

For Birth Control "Worst experience! I went to an obgyn last year (for the first time) due to very bad periods (I'm 37). She never did exam me and gave me this. For the next few weeks my bleeding got worse than it was! I informed my dr about it and they told me to stop taking it. So I went back to that obgyn and she once again never examed me just told me to stop taking it until she does surgery. (Crazy!). Never went back to that dr and went to a new one and got something different than this pill that did not work at all."

MidnightBlue79 (taken for less than 1 month) September 5, 2016

For Birth Control "This is my first birth control experience, and so far it is good! My weight and acne are exactly the same as ever. Periods (though now haywire schedule-wise, and I used to be extremely regular) are no longer awful! It's been 6ish weeks since the last one so my paranoid self took a pregnancy test, but it was negative. The only thing is, I think it's making me a little emotionally tender. I'm a generally happy person, but recently I've sent an untoward number of tearful texts to my bf, who says it's out of character. And some random sad afternoons have happened. I also used to do that around my period anyway though, so...? If it keeps happening I might try a month off to see if it isn't school stress instead."

billybobjoe1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 4, 2016

For Birth Control "I am 31 I have had endometrial ablation that has been very successful. I have not had a period in 5 years. I have suffered with adult acne since I was in my early 20s. I have tried everything. I had a laporsocpy in 2014 for severe endometriosis. Well a few months ago I started hurting pretty bad. Random and not continous. I went to obgyn and he put me on this Lo Loestrrine Le 1-10 birth control pill. He sad it will help with pain and acne. Well pain has been much better but my face looks like connect the dot amd they are big, and they hurt. I called him last week and he has switched me to Ortho Tri Cyclin lo. So we shall see."

Fluffybuffy85 (taken for less than 1 month) September 3, 2016

For Birth Control "This pill started out as the greatest thing ever, no side effects! I was in good shape and weighed around 140lbs. I don't like periods so I always skipped it which my doctor said was completely okay. But after 6 months of taking it, it just went completely downhill. I gained about 25 pounds in the last 8 months of taking it! I didn't realize how much weight I had gained until I realized my shorts and jeans from the summer before didn't fit me anymore! I was completely disgusted after a picture I saw of myself and decide to get on a scale and I weighed 165! That was ridiculous for me! And I never thought how when I was on this birth control I was hungry.. ALL THE TIME! I recently got off it and lost 5 pounds in the 1st week!"

kirsty19 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 2, 2016

For Birth Control "I took this pill for about a year. It was the first birth control pill I had ever taken. My period stopped completely and my mood swings went away. I did get some pimples but that could be due to anything. I had to stop taking it because of the price, but I recommend it."

ninbean (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 1, 2016

For Birth Control "My doctor put me on lo loestrin fe for my endometriosis. It worked for the heavy bleeding and the pain. I also gained some weight - 10 pounds in 3mths of using it which I don't mind because I was underweight to begin with. I only have very light periods. I have also noticed a change in mood- I had terrible pms mood swings and depression and now that's all gone. I'm in a stable mood all month long. However, as soon as I started taking it my face broke out in cystic acne the worst ever. It's getting worse every day and I can't keep taking this drug. My face is covered in dark marks and painful volcano like zits. It's also so oily. I also grew two spiky long chin hairs."

Lisa254 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 29, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for around 7 weeks and so far so good. I have a bit of bloating/gas pain and breast tenderness but other than that I am thrilled. The cost is a bit high as there aren't any generic versions of this exact pull out there but, to me, it's been worth the cost."

KRod1109 August 29, 2016

For Birth Control "This is the first birth control pill I've ever been on, and I'm 23. I got on the pill because I was having really painful periods and I had recently become sexually active. Month 1 was amazing, barely any side effects at all! I started it on day 1 of my period, and my period was way heavier than usual. During the placebo period week, I got a much lighter and manageable period. So everything is well, right? WRONG. I started pack 2, and during week 2, I start to get this awful cramping in my stomach, like how I would days before my period. Then the cramping gets 100X worse, and I go from spotting a little brown blood, to having a FULL BLOWN PAINFUL PERIOD! I'm supposed to go on Junel next month, but I might just switch to a higher dose pill."

lolachorra (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 28, 2016

For Birth Control "So I have read some reviews of this pill that are bad but my review will be great! I am on my 6th week taking this pill and I'm so happy! My sex drive is back! Acne is clearing! Period is gone lol it disappeared but oh well. (Not pregnant/took tests) Only cons I have were that I do get a tad emotional and cry and little things, I had brown spotting for 2 weeks when I first started it, no appetite,and A tiny bit of nausea"

Alissada (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 23, 2016