User Reviews for Lo Loestrin Fe

Learn more about Lo Loestrin Fe.

Birth Control 879 reviews 305 medications

6.2
Summary of Lo Loestrin Fe reviews 879 reviews 6.2

Reviews for Lo Loestrin Fe

For Birth Control "I was on this pill to make my periods lighter and clear up my acne. It made my periods VERY light, usually lasting less than one day of bleeding, and one day of light spotting. For acne it did wonders, but ONLY when taken with the antibiotic minocycline, together. Both medications on their own did not effect my acne, but when taken together they helped tremendously."

Amanda10482 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on this birth control for 4 months and it has been great. I had breakthrough bleeding the first couple months but now I don't have any bleeding or period. I have lost 10 pounds because I don't have an appetite anymore so that is great! I weigh 160 pounds now so another 10 would be great. I am definitely staying on this pill"

Sk921 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've taken this pill for about six years now and it is a miracle worker. No periods, no side effects."

KatieBird77 July 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "So far so good. 25 y/o Previously tried Microgestin Fe 1.5 /30 earlier this year and did not enjoy effects of that. It has only been one week. I will update upon further time and if any side effects appear. I started one week after my miscarriage. I was 7 weeks. I do not want kids at this time but the emotional toll is still high. It has slowed down and almost stopped my bleeding which is great. SO FAR SO GOOD. I'll update at the 30 day time frame."

Jerica July 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "THE WORST! My hair fell out, I was an emotional disaster, I made poor decisions and my brain felt fuzzy. What an awful time. My period didn't even come so I didn't know if I was pregnant or not. What a terrible drug. Hopefully I'll find something better next time."

LadyThing July 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Made me lose around 30 percent of my hair. The hair I did have was thin and corse. No side effects other wise, but that was enough to scare me away. Most doctors don't inform you on how birth control can make you lose hair, but it certainly can."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This pill is great. I have been on it for nearly 4 years without any major problems. I started this pill solely because my bleeding was so heavy, I couldn't maintain my everyday routine when I was on my period. Now, I do not get a period whatsoever which is AMAZING. I have had no weight gain, no breakouts & no mood swings. The only drawback: low sex drive."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been taking this birth control for a little under a year and just found out I'm pregnant. I've taken this pill religiously at the same time every night bc I DID NOT want to get pregnant. Well it happened anyway. Now I'm going to have two under 2!!"

Sgard3 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was on Lo Loestrin Fe for almost 2 years and they were the worst years of my life. First of all, my periods completely stopped as far as bleeding went (no bleeding). But I experienced all the other effects of a period such as bloating, cramps, PMS. The couple times I actually had my period while on this pill, I had yeast infection-like symptoms (to which my gynecologist said was normal) and horrendous cramping. Also, before Lo Loestrin I never experienced PMS, and after it, I did. I will start Taytulla so I hope this one works better!"

Hellena (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I think this was the worst pill I could have ever tooken. It caused my periods to stop completely and also my sex drive was GONE. Cause issue with me and my husband and also caused hair loss!!!! Yes I'm 25 years old and my hair is falling out!!!! I'm talking about my hair is falling out in chunks! Not like one or two strands - no I can't even brush my hair anymore!"

Brittanypm2017 July 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for about 5 years and I'm writing this while mournfully staring at the end of my last pack - my insurance changed and it's no longer covered. Even in the beginning my symptoms were mild besides the usual spotting. My periods went from week-long, horribly heavy and painful, to barely noticeable, extremely light and only 2 days long. I've always had some mild anxiety/depression issues on and off so I can't say there was any change one way or the other there. I do suspect it fixed my sleep schedule though - I have always struggled SEVERELY with insomnia and around the time I went on this pill, I started having a normal human sleep schedule. I can't think of any other explanation - but I guess I'll find out for sure now."

ars3685 July 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I wanted to get back on birth control after not taking it for 4 years, so my doctor prescribed this. The side effects were so bad I was hospitalized. My uterus was throbbing, I completely lost my appetite, I'm going on day 9 of my period(with heavy bleeding) and I'm lethargic. I've never experienced pain like this in my life. My uterus feels like it's tied in a knot and the heavy bleeding just won't stop."

Ladynoluck (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This was my first birth control but I've got to say that it is probably the best birth control you can get since it has the lowest dosage of estrogen which means you have the least side effects. SINCE it has such a low dosage, it's pretty dang pricey.The first month on this birth control is rough and your first period will be a VERY bad period if you react to it like I did. I was bedridden from cramps and I bled a lot but honestly I was used to it since the reason I'm taking it is because of nasty periods. After the first period, it was AMAZING. My periods lasted 3-4 days, barely any bleeding, zero cramps, and I had no side effects! No weight gain, no acne, no mood swings or nausea. It's wonderful. I highly recommend this birth control."

AnonBee (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on about an 8 year break from birth control. As someone who has had a bad experience on the pill before, this pill is a life changer for me. I've been on it for about 4 months now. Bleeding for the first month was much lighter and shorter, and now my period has stopped altogether since. I feel better than ever as well, no side effects to report. It is pricey however, and my insurance did not cover the cost. I found a coupon that brings the cost down to about $40 per pack."

S.M June 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This is the 1st BC pill I've ever taken. I'm 43, was having heavy periods & horrible pelvic pain (sleeping with a heating pad between my legs). Gyno said this is safest level of hormones and it would help with my periods/pelvic pain. Started taking April 2017. That month had period on white pill days. No cramps & a little lighter than my periods usually are. May was pack 2 and white pills came, brown pills and no period. 2nd week of June mid pack and I started spotting Sunday - was heavier by Monday but no cramps. Called GYNO office to inquire and was told that it may take 3-4 months for my body to get used to pills. I've been bleeding lightly when I wipe for about 6 days now. I'm hoping the bleeding doesn't worsen."

Jennigirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "The first and only hormonal birth control I've tried, and it's A+ for me. I've been on it for a few months now and the only side effect I've had is my boobs getting noticeably larger and fuller. I haven't experienced any weight gain or mood swings, and I haven't had a period since I started it! I experienced a tiny bit of breakthrough bleeding the first month and then it was smooth sailing from there. My skin is completely clear of acne and I feel like I don't break out as easily as I used to. My sex drive has also been through the roof, although I did still have a high libido before starting the pill. Overall I find this to be a great pill, and it feels great not having to buy tampons anymore!"

kelseyl94 June 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I had the worst experience with this pill. The doctor prescribed it to me because it had low dosage. It was also the first BC I have ever been on. During the first few weeks, I had breakouts everywhere, cystic acne and all of that good stuff. It was awful. I was also extremely moody, to the point of being borderline depressed. In addition to that, I was constantly bleeding. I was probably spotting for 2 months STRAIGHT. Thankfully, I switched to an equivalent of Alesse. The acne, spotting and the mood swings stopped !"

NOlolo (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "After a few years of not being on birth control I decided I needed to go back on it because the out of control mood swings and irrationality during PMS paired with the completely dibilitating back pain I was experiencing during the first two days of my period were ruining my life. Month 1: rough. Crazy emotions for the first two weeks. I could barely sleep for the first 9 days. My skin and hair got very oily and I got a couple pimples which I never do. My boobs got bigger without weight gain. Month 2 - spotted for 1 day instead of a period but still had PMS mood. No back pain. Skin and hair A+. No weight gain. In the months since then I haven't bled or PMS at all but my back pain is starting to come back in waves so I might discontinue."

27 year old (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for 3 months first two months spotted non stop and periods were 7 to 9 days. Month 3 I have had my period 21 days now and no sings of ending. I'm over this."

Anonymous June 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "The cost of each pack was a bit shocking when I first started it. The discount program the company offers is not applicable if you have insurance. It would have cost over $100 per pack out of pocket, but now cost me about $50. I have never paid over $20 per pack with other BC after insurance. I've been taking it for about a half of a year after I stopped nursing my first-born. I cannot remember the last time I had a period, but my doc says 10% of patients don't get a period on LLF. This makes me paranoid that I'm pregnant! Also, I have had an increased appetite and have gained back 20 lbs that I worked really hard to lose postpartum. I wake up feeling very tired every day, but my energy is fine once I get going. No sex drive either!!"

Mama827 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I took Lo Loestrin for 3mo, with horrible side effects the entire time! My Dr. wanted me to stick it out for 3 months before switching to give my body time to get used to it. It was the worst 3mo of my life. I was nauseous CONSTANTLY especially with physical exercise. I would have to sit down from walking because I would get to dizzy/ nauseous from it. I started the pills on Day 1 of my period and then bled the ENTIRE 3MO! Not just spotting either. The only time it was spotting was for the 7 days when I was supposed to get my period each month, the rest of the time was HORRIBLE heavy bleeding. The worst part though was the anxiety and depression. I cried every every single day. Couldn't get out of bed, and had anxiety attacks. Ended up switching pills."

DarlaBenson June 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "The only side effects I had from this was sore breasts and constipation. Other than that, it worked well. Better than expected."

Reviewer (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I am on my second pack and will not be starting the third one. I was so happy to start the pill because I thought I wouldn't see nearly as much blood as I usually do, but I was wrong. I had the worst breakthrough bleeding. I bleed for almost a month straight, and some days it was heavy enough for a tampon and some it was just panty liners and as soon as it went away my period would come. I had bad back pain. Some nights I can't even sleep it hurts so bad. I also do not even feel like myself anymore. I would honestly rather not even be on the pill then have to take this again."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Was originally on Gildess when it was switched to Blisovi. Had no complaints from that switch. Was actually able to lose some weight. Then switched from Blisovi to Lo Loestrin I believe because my doctor thought it might help my periods be more regular and predictable because I go for months without a period. Was on it for a couple weeks and was so tired I could hardly function and was also bloated. For someone with a sleeping disorder this is bad. The pill is the only thing that changed and that I could think was causing the extreme fatigue. And Lo Loestrin costed me $128 for three months which is outrageous to me. Will be going back to Blisovi"

Aubrey C June 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started Lo Loestrin Fe 2 years ago at 21 years old, first time ever taking birth control. It has been an incredibly positive experience. No weight gain, no mood swings, little to no side effects. I had random light cramping and spotting initially, which is expected. Nothing since. My periods are not bad either."

ETurm May 27, 2017