User Reviews for Lo Loestrin Fe

Birth Control

1,012 reviews 306 medications
Summary of Lo Loestrin Fe reviews 6.0 1,012 reviews

Reviews for Lo Loestrin Fe

For Birth Control "I started this pill 2 weeks ago. I had previously been on marvelon but my doctor took me off because of blood pressure issues. That is under control now so he started me on Lo Lo. I have to say these past 2 weeks have been awful! My moods are all over the place with depression, anger, anxiety. I have awful headaches and nausea too. I feel bad for my family and my boyfriend for having to put up with me. I decided this is not worth it and to quit altogether. I've never had such a bad experience on a pill in my life! I'm relieved and looking forward to feeling good again!"

Jean (taken for less than 1 month) June 11, 2018

For Birth Control "I started LoLo in August, it was suggested by doctor because of the low estrogen, as I do get bad migraines. This was my first time ever being on birth control. The first couple months weren't too bad, I did notice a little weight gain, and my periods became shorter. After October I noticed my moods were changing, I was getting nervous and anxious very easily. Really didn't feel like me. Then I started getting a period every 2 weeks! Along with all the symptoms (the PMS, the cramping). So I was really feeling horrible pretty well, every week. Sex drive was pretty well completely gone and sex actually hurt. I went to the doctor and was told to wait it out, I gave it another 2 months but it still continued, and honestly emotionally I felt numb. Within two weeks of being off of it, I felt normal again and my regular cycle came back. Every body reacts to birth control differently, lots of women have a positive experience with this but I was not one of them."

Mandy (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 6, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on this pill for a month and I had horrible side effects. The first week or so was fine.. after that I started experiencing insomnia and no matter how hard I tried to fall asleep I'd lay in bed wide awake almost every night. I also had the worst cramps of my life on this pill!! I didn't even have my period (I was about halfway through the pack) and my cramps were so bad it made me nauseous. The ONLY thing I liked about this pill was that my period was very light and only lasted 4 days. This pill gave me horrible mood swings. I found myself getting mad or upset about stupid things that normally wouldn't bother me. I've been off this pill for several days now and I'm back on my old pill (Loryna) and I feel so much better. Last night was the first night in almost a month that I was able to fall asleep no problem!"

Mel (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 6, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been taking this BC as a form of ovarian cyst prevention but also for pregnancy prevention. I've been taking it for a month now and I've never felt worse. I'm 19 years old and have never taken a BC before, but wow this sucks. I read the reviews before and they were so mixed that I thought I would just see how my body would react. Since I started taking it I've noticeably gained weight, I've been breaking out like crazy (cystic acne that hurts so bad), and I cry at the simplest things. My emotions are all over the place and because of that I've also gotten very much less body confident especially since I've also gained weight. I'm hoping to find a BC that doesn't hurt me as much as thing one has. Hope this helps!"

Sam (taken for less than 1 month) May 30, 2018

For Birth Control "Bad cystic acne after 1 month of taking this Lo Loestrin Fe. I only get breakouts during my period. But with these pills I break out every day of the month. Seems to make my night sweats worse too."

Bajangirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 29, 2018

For Birth Control "I tried two other pills before Lolo and this one is definitely the perfect fit for me. I've been on it for over 4 years. I get light PMS symptoms and almost never have periods/bleeding anymore (I checked with my doc that this is safe). Stomach issues and mood swings happen from time to time and it increased my breast size. Overall, very satisfied with this drug and I would recommend it to anyone looking for low dose birth control."

Rebecca (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 27, 2018

For Birth Control "I originally switched to Lo Loestrin Fe because the previous BC pills I was on (Portia, and Enskyce) made me break out in hives all over my body. My gyno switched me to Lo Loestrin Fe, in hopes that the low dose medication would help. Well, now I’m on the first week of my second pack. I’m starting to see some hives on my legs, neck, and arms. But the main reason I want to get off this pill IMMEDIATELY is because of the acne. I grew up with clear skin, I rarely ever got one pimple. As I type this, I have cystic acne ALL OVER my face. Cheeks, chin, forehead, nose. I’m so embarrassed to leave my house. Made an appointment with an allergist today to see what ingredient I may be allergic to in the pill. It’s been 4 months using my body as an experiment, waiting for any rash to pop up, and I am tired of it!!!"

Carli (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2018

For Birth Control "I love this pill! Other than the increased breast size (which isn't a bad thing) I haven't experienced any other side effects. No weight gain, mood swings, increased appetite, loss of appetite, acne, off cycle periods, or low libido. Prior to this pill, I had the implant in my arm and I hated it. I'm so glad I made the switch. "

Chloe with a C May 17, 2018

For Birth Control "Lo Loestrin Fe does horrible things to do to your body. Within the first week, my hormones were all over the place; I got sooo depressed, I felt like I fell down a very dark hole. I’ve never been this way in my way, I felt out of control and moody. The smallest things set me off and my anxiety is through the roof. I’m a female bodybuilder and haven’t been able to lose any weight for my summer shred like I’m normally able to. This is ridiculous. I want my money back, as I’m stopping the pills immediately."

miranda (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on this pill for about 4-5 years & it has been the best one I have ever taken!"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 15, 2018

For Birth Control "I went on Lolo about 2 years ago due to terrible moods swings and to regulate my period. It was a great birth control at first...it stopped my mood swings, regulated/even got rid of my periods. It overall just made me more like myself. But the last 2-3 months of being on it have gone really bad, I’ve had my period on and off for 2-3 months, my mood swings are back and I have also become super depressed and negative about everything. I have now currently switched to Aviane 28 and it seems to be working better."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 15, 2018

For Birth Control "I started on this when I was 19 and didn’t have my period for over 2 years, which for me was amazing. There was a decrease in my libido but besides that no other side effects, great mood, loved it. I decided to go off of it at 22 because I wanted to get my period again. Then I had horrible painful debilitating periods shortly after and decided to go back on. At 24 my body responded completely different. I still felt myself but I was getting my period the second week of every pack every month for almost a year, sometimes twice a month. I didn’t experience much of a change in breast size or soreness. It decreased my libido a bit again and periods were still uncomfortable but not dibilitating like before. The dose was no longer working for me overall with the constant breakthrough bleeding and I just switched to ortho tri cyclen lo, I hope I get better results with this."

Rb (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 15, 2018

For Birth Control "I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS BC! I got on it and on the first month when I got my period during the placebos; I was bleeding like crazy. The pain was terrible like it usually was, since I have endometriosis. I was scared the pill wasn’t going to help me at all. Then the second month, I started getting some headaches here and there and I was slightly spotting for about 10 days. Now, I’m on my 5th month and I’ve only had 3 periods so far. The last 2 were the best periods I’ve ever had since I was 15 years old. Slight cramps, barely bleeding. None of the horrible side effects endometriosis would cause me!! I’m 20 years old now, and I will say that everybody’s body reacts different, but I definitely love this pill. My boyfriend and I have sex regularly, with no protection and no pregnancy scares at all. Just remember to take the pill every day, at the same time or around the same time. Set up the alarm ladies!!"

Chyna24 (taken for less than 1 month) May 9, 2018

For Birth Control "I switched over to this pill recently after taking Larin Fe 24 for over 3 months and experiencing a very long period that lasted over 10+ days. I was super hesitant to start this pill given all the reviews are all over the place. So far (2 weeks in) everything is good. I've not experienced any bad side effects, I did have cramps for the first week, but that went away. I've noticed 1-2 pimples. But I'm on acne meds and have a super strict skin regiment so not too worried. I've not experienced any weight gain (though I am actively going to the gym 4-5 days a week and eating healthy). I don't think it has decreased my sex drive either. Honestly, so far it has been pleasant. I'll update once I finish 1 full pack / experience a cycle."

VAgirl007 (taken for less than 1 month) May 3, 2018

For Birth Control "I took Lo Loestrin for 3+ year and had no issues. I went from a 10 day period to 2 day period. Cramps almost completely gone. Did wonders for my skin. Had to switch because my insurance stopped covering it and still can’t find anything as good."

Madelyn (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 29, 2018

For Birth Control "After starting Lo Loestrin Fe I noticed I was developing anxiety/depression. I didn’t think much of it because I thought it was from the stress of college, but it got so bad that I lost interest in my classes, had a lot of trouble focusing, was tired all the time/couldn’t sleep, and lost all interest for my extracurricular activities. I started skipping classes, club meetings, and things I enjoy. I became extremely self-conscious, distanced myself from people, and I felt like I didn’t belong in college. I was so upset I considered withdrawing for the semester because of the impact on my grades. I had a lot of trouble with loneliness and became extremely dependent which was weird for me because I’m a very independent person. I was able to put it together that the way I was feeling was because of LO LOESTRIN FE. My doctor told me to immediately stop taking the pills. After a month of being off the pill I am back to normal, happy as can be, and loving my classes again."

KO April 20, 2018

For Birth Control "I took the pill for 15 years. At first, it was a blessing. I went from having heavy periods with cramps to very light periods and over time they stopped, no period whatsoever and yes, I'd always take the week break. The problems started about 4 years ago as I turned 37. I had horrible anxiety, night sweats, no libido, doctor blamed it on ADHD but it's not! I stopped the pill and ordered my own blood tests. My estradiol was almost non-existent! all my other hormones were low - including testosterone, LH/FSH. I do not recommend the pill to anyone! You may be happy about not having a period for a while but the side effects will creep up overtime."

caligirl76 (taken for 10 years or more) April 19, 2018

For Birth Control "I’m 24 years old and started this BC after a few months of extremely heavy periods, which was unusual for me. I’ve been on it since December, so 4 months and I’ve been using it to skip my periods because of how bad they were. The only complaint I have (so far) is that my sex drive is almost nonexistent. This isn’t the first BC I’ve been on but I haven’t been on anything for years prior to this. It’s getting to be bad enough that I’m considering switching to something else. BC is supposed to prevent pregnancy, not prevent sex altogether lol."

Kait (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 16, 2018

For Birth Control "Been taking it for only 3 weeks. I have been feeling completely lethargic , low energy and I wonder if it's because of this pill or something else. I'll stick with it a while and see. Light spotting, as expected."

Mag (taken for less than 1 month) April 15, 2018

For Birth Control "I absolutely hate this birth control. I switched to it a few months ago because my parents were hoping the lower estrogen level would help with my anxiety. Nothing but bad things have came out of my experience with this I don't get full periods but I get spotting every 2-3 weeks totally by surprise. My acne is back horribly and I just feel awful all the time. Avoid this."

cd5 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 8, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve tried many birth control pills since I began taking them, most made me either extremely moody (Junel Fe had me straight up thrashing in my sleep and sobbing uncontrollably!) or emotionally drained. I told my doc that my family has a history of depression which definitely passed on to me, and she put me on Lo Loestrin Fe. I’ve loved this BC - it hasn’t affected my mood negatively like others have and wonder if it’s linked to not having periods. Some may not like this aspect, but it’s been great for me! Never had heavy periods BUT my mood/acne have always gone crazy right before/during. No monthly reminder that you’re not pregnant, but if you take the pills correctly there’s no need to worry. I love it. Still experience light cystic acne but I’m ok with it for the mood-based benefits. Note: Talk to your doc about symptoms so they can accurately prescribe to you..wish I would’ve been honest about the crazy mood swings from past BC from the start"

1moodyjudy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 8, 2018

For Birth Control "I started taking lo loestrin Fe last May and the first couple months were great. No acne, losing weight, bigger cup size. Now almost a year in, its unbearable. I’m not sure if it’s something else or the pill. I got married in December and things can get stressful, but I take it to some new levels. I feel like I’m crazy! I’m nauseous at least 3 times a day, I’ll get headaches out of no where, I can’t eat more than just a bit without getting sick, and the mood swings. The mood swings are so bad! I’m more sensitive than I’ve ever been, I’ll get really anxious and depressed and just lay around staring into space or crying my eyes out. The doctor doesn’t think it is my birth control, but I’d taken it for a year a while prior to this and I remember being nauseous and a bit crazy then too. Not to mention that I have major acne breakouts and rosacea now and I have never had acne before. I’m losing my mind."

Brittany (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 8, 2018

For Birth Control "Started birth control after a bad reaction to depo provera shot that caused me to have a period for 3 months straight. This birth control was a life saver, stopped the 3 month period within the first couple of days & then stopped my periods altogether after 2 months of being on it consistently. No breakthrough bleeding. Helped my skin clear up as a bonus. Problems with longer term use are weight gain (around 20lbs in 8 months of use), mood swings when I’m close to the end of the pack for the month. Light-headed & dizzy. Issues with bruising on legs as well. Pressure in neck and chest (can feel heart beating), sometimes eyes black out and see stars when standing up too quickly. Hear a sort of rushing/water-like sound and ringing in ears. Fatigue & no matter how much I sleep I’m always exhausted and not rested (some days I sleep for 12 hours and I’m still so tired when I wake up). Noticed a huge lack in motivation and it made me too tired to do anything else."

RPNch (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 7, 2018

For Birth Control "This has been the worst experience for me. I’ve been taking this for 6 months and I’ve never missed a pill and taken it at nearly the same time every day. This is my first birth control. I probably should’ve switched medicines sooner but people convinced me if I stayed on it maybe my side effects would wear off. I have been bleeding at least twice a month, but only ONCE I have bled on the placebo pills. I have the worst cramps and the bleeding is NOT light spotting it can be anywhere from a medium to a heavy flow. I thought my periods were bad before this, but these cramps are unbearable. If it works for you great, but I’m going to the doctor tomorrow to switch."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 25, 2018

For Birth Control "I took this for four months back-to-back to avoid extremely painful heavy periods and constant pain due to endometriosis. For those problems, it worked wonders. However I got terrible acne and gained about 15 pounds, which was a deal-breaker for me. I just switched back to Ortho-tri-cyclen and hope that my skin will clear up and that I can lose this extra weight."

Jane Doe (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 24, 2018