User Reviews for Lo Loestrin Fe

1,150 reviews 321 medications
Summary of Lo Loestrin Fe reviews 5.9 1,150 reviews

Reviews for Lo Loestrin Fe

woahhbrook July 19, 2019

For Birth Control "LOVE Lo Loestrin Fe. It stopped my period all together with all the pain that went with it. Yes, I did gain like 10 pounds but it went to all the right spots plus I have a pretty healthy lifestyle so it didn’t bother me. Birth control is going to make you gain weight there’s no avoiding that but it’s usually no more than 3-10 pounds, all bodies are different. I was 120 before birth control and now I’m slightly under 130 because I kept my healthy diet. I exercise regularly & stay on top of my shape. If you notice weight change FIX IT don’t complain. The pill gave me some bigger boobs (32B-36B) which I’m not complaining about & some more booty. No headaches no cramps no nausea no nothing. I literally felt no change whatsoever with this pill. I love it and I wouldn’t change it."

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 18, 2019

For Birth Control "I am 32 and suffer from fibroids which give me heavy painful periods and very sore breasts, so my doctor prescribed me this pill. May I remind you I have been off any BC for almost 3 years but my periods have become unbearable. I have been on Lo Loestrin for about a month now and have just gotten my period for the second time this month. Only one week apart to be exact. The first month I had very mild spotting almost for 3 full weeks but it was bearable using a pantyliner. My first period on the pill was a dream compared to not being on the pill. I bled for 4 days and it stopped immediately when I started my new pack. I had high hopes for month two. I have bad cramps and also noticed I went up a cup size which I’m not thrilled about and my breasts are constantly sore and huge feeling. I am contacting my OB to see if I should continue. I have tried so many pills but they have all given me terrible side effects and heard this one didn’t. Fingers crossed my hormones even out!!!"

Isabella Berger · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 17, 2019

For Birth Control "Not for me. They say give it 3 months, but I have a heart condition so I decided to stop taking this pill and try another. I got chest pain/pressure and occasional breathlessness. I don't know if it's because it was affecting my heart or if these were side-effects from the anxiety I got on this pill. I have occasional anxiety, but being on this pill made me very anxious almost every day. I had a lot of spotting, but they say that's expected for the first 3 months. I also went from only being moody right before my period, to being moody almost all the time. I felt angry and emotional very often. The only pro FOR ME was that it made my usually very heavy periods become extremely light, which was awesome but not worth all the other side effects I experienced. Don't be scared if you were prescribed this pill, give it a shot but pay close attention to your body while taking it. Finding the right birth control can be very hit or miss and everyone is different."

Kaykay · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 14, 2019

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill Lo Loestrin Fe for about a month. Before I started the pill I didn’t get my period for 4 months. After being on the pill for 3 weeks I got my period. I take the pill at the same time every day and I don’t have any crazy symptoms , I have been bleeding for 5 days so I’m waiting to see how long it last. But I have not suffered any wild symptoms! I do recommend taking the pill if you don’t like it you could always stop whenever. Remember not everyone will have the same symptoms so don’t get discouraged by what you see on here because when I first saw these reviews I was very scared to try the pill but I decided to do it anyways."

B · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 14, 2019

For Birth Control "After the year or so I've been on the pill I've only had my period once. But it has increased my sex drive."

Mimi91 · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 12, 2019

For Birth Control "I hated birthcontrol, I tried lutera before and made me go crazy, I had really dark thoughts, I was miserable crying everyday and I had very short temper I was in my room all day crying. So I spotted after 3 weeks of use. And I refused to try any other birth control until my doctor mentioned Lo Loestrin Fe. I was very scared of it but honesty I haven’t experienced any side effects on it at all and it made my period come back after few months of not it having it. And one more thing it cleared all my acne. Please guys give it a try and don’t listen to negative reviews."

Cindy · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 11, 2019

For Birth Control "This is the best pill that I have been on and have been on this more than 5 years. First of all a very low dose of estrogen, it helps with my peri menopausal symptoms and cysts on overies. There is no nausea, no weight gain, no moodiness, and I probably only get my period 2-3 times a year. I will say you must take at the exact same time everyday if you don’t you will definitely spot or risk bleeding. I just set my phone alarm as a reminder . I highly recommend this pill."

Mom of teens July 10, 2019

For Birth Control "I am a perimenopausal mom of 2 teens and was having painful long periods with a lot of cramping. I'm in my early 40s and my doctor had me try this pill about a year and a half ago. I made it 5 months and got off of it. Pros...why I gave it a 4 out of 10 and not a 1. It did stop my painful cramps and shortened my period to about 3-4 days and was light. It also stopped my hot flashes and mild night sweats. Cons...my breasts grew 2 sizes within a couple months and hurt the whole first month. I put on 20lbs over 3 months. I have never had a weight issue in my entire life. I am 5'9" and an athletic build. I was the same size I was before I had my two kids until I went on this pill. I tried increasing my workouts and eating very healthy and couldn't lose a lb until I went off this pill. Dropped 10lbs right away. Took me months to lose the rest. I finally went in and had an ablation for my cramps and period issues and it was the best thing I ever did."

chloe · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 9, 2019

For Birth Control "Initially wanted a tubal ligation/hysterectomy because I have extremely painful endometriosis in addition to the fact that my partner and I are set on never having kids. The gyne didn't believe my resolution and insisted upon this pill. I took it for about a year and 1/2. At first cleared up my acne and mitigated period pain. later, towards the one year mark it worsened my acne to the point where I'd wake up every morning with at least 1 new pimple. My depression also worsened so much I almost had a suicide attempt (never attempted in my life prior to taking this pill) and experienced mild psychosis. I'm not saying this will happen for everyone, Lo Loestrin Fe has obviously worked for some people. This is just my experience."

Tuktuk · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 9, 2019

"I was prescribed this pill to regulate my cycle and deal with heavy, long periods. After the first month, my period went from 10 days to 20 plus days. I stopped using after 6 weeks but my cycle is still crazy. I guess it just doesn’t work for me like it did for others. The positive is that the pills didn’t make me feel sick or cause any other unpleasant symptoms."

Bepis July 4, 2019

For Birth Control "Lo Loestrin Fe nearly landed me in the hospital. I tried LLF for one week. Turns out that my body is extremely sensitive to estrogen changes, but I did not know this until AFTER LLF put me in essentially a crisis situation. After about a week of taking LLF, I started to experience EXTREME anxiety, 0-100% suicidal thoughts out of nowhere, and bizarre paranoid thoughts. I have always had some moderate anxiety issues, but NEVER any problems like this until I had started LLF. I felt nauseous and couldn't eat/sleep properly for days. I had to go under close watch of my OB/Gyn and a psychiatrist as they switched me off of these meds, and I was almost hospitalized because of it. All in all, it took me 2 weeks to get the med out of my system and MONTHS of multiple anxiety meds to bring my anxiety levels back to normal. The whole experience was scarring and it took a long time to recover from it-- stay away!"

g · Taken for less than 1 month July 4, 2019

For Birth Control "Started this pill and immediately began bleeding for 2 weeks straight.. Bled through my vacation and also was passing large thick blood clots almost like skin. My cramps increased and overall, I do not recommend. I am still bleeding."

Cassidy Way · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 4, 2019

For Birth Control "I've been taking lo loestrin for just under a year now. It didn't give me nearly as many side effects as NuvaRing. Besides occasional hot flashes, I've had a good experience taking lo lo. My one concern is that I've only had 2 or 3 periods for an entire year. I'm not sure if that's normal."

PCOS · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 2, 2019

For Birth Control "I was diagnosed with PCOS at age 15 and was recommended by my OBGYN to take this birth control pill. I did experience mild nausea in the adjustment period but the symptoms did go away. I’ve been using it for over 5 years and it seems to work for me. My periods are very light and some months I don’t get one at all. I also tried Junel Fe for a brief period (when my insurance stopped covering Lo Loestrin) and I tried the Nuvaring as well, but this pill was still the best option that I have tried."

NoKidsPlease June 30, 2019

For Birth Control "I'm almost done with my third month on Lo Loestrin Fe. I'm going to first start by saying that I'm so grateful for this pill because my body doesn't do well on a high dose of estrogen. Before I switched to LoLo, I was on the pill Sronyx and that stripped away my sex drive for a good year. But since I've started taking this new pill, my sex drive has been relatively normal. I took a break from birth control for about a month and my face broke out like crazy. But once I started taking LoLo it basically completely cleared up my acne. I've never seen my face get so clear in such little time. I also haven't had weight gain on this pill. The only thing I haven't liked is spotting. But I assume the reason why I'm spotting is because my body is going through an adjustment period and my bodies not used to the lower amount of estrogen from being on a higher dose before. Hopefully it'll go away with time."

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month June 28, 2019

For Birth Control "I have been on and off birth control now for two years. I first tried Mylan which is a brand of Yasmin. I never gave the pill the full three months because of how depressed I constantly felt. I started taking Lo Loestrin Fe almost a month ago and so far haven’t had any symptoms of depression, acne, weight gain, or breast enlargement. I take the pill every day at the same time and so far I have only noticed some inconsistent bleeding in between my last period and my next scheduled period. Other than that, which is normal, I am enjoying Lo Lo!"

Wanders · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 24, 2019

For Birth Control "First two months were awesome! Just finished the third month and have been bleeding for two and a half weeks. Very hopeful that month four will be better. "

Hope this helps · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 23, 2019

"DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS Birth Control! I bleed for 3 weeks on the first pack. Started the second pack and when I took a single pill at night vs morning I start bleeding like I'm on my period for two weeks. I bleed about 3 weeks on the 2nd pack. The cramping was very intense. I’m stoping the pill. I only started them for peri menopausal."

Lelights · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 22, 2019

For Birth Control "I have been on this medication since I was 15. I had awful and very long periods and had to skip a lot of PE class at the time because of it being so bad. I eventually started this medication and the problems immediately went away within a few weeks of taking it. I’ve always had anxiety and weight issues so I attributed it to my family history and my own history, not the medication. Everyone has their own risks but I think I’m much happier on this pill than I would be without it. The only think I notice is that I only get my period if I’m with new people or under stress. Otherwise I don’t get any spotting or bleeding for months. I also am not sexually active so the bleeding was more of a worry for me. Everyone reacts differently to medications and just because someone doesn’t rate a 10, doesn’t mean it doesn’t work for you."

B.K. · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 19, 2019

For Birth Control "This Lo Loestrin Fe BC is great! My former pill would cause constant bleeding - I switched to Lo Loestrin a year and a half ago and I have had no periods, no spotting, no headaches/migraines, no weight gain, and only slight increase in depression/mood and slight gain in boob size. This medication is EXPENSIVE, there is a savings card currently, but be aware it ends June 30 2019. With my former insurance + savings card it was $25/month. New insurance + savings card it's $60/month. Once savings card expires, current insurance it is $250/month and no insurance its $160/month. To me, for no periods and no worries, its worth it."

Kim.EXE Has Stopped working June 18, 2019

For Birth Control "I was on this pill for no more than a week before I all of a sudden got this sensation of tightness in my chest along with hotness on my chest, neck, and face. This sensation continued for another WEEK before I ended up in the hospital because I had a panic attack that had messed with my veins-and to this day they continue to do so and worsen. All of a sudden my veins began to become visible right before my eyes. Even one of the veins in my right hand below my thumb was pulsating and so large that it was visible all the way up between my thumb and index finger. The cramping was excruciating. It continues 8 months later. I can see my veins dilate-shrink and enlarged. When they shrink they cause my arms and hands to swell and loose color because of poor circulation. I was perfectly healthy before I took bc and now I have anxiety-which I’ve NEVER EVER had before-that incites extreme anxiety and panic. Depression can be controlled, anxiety/panic cannot. My body is destroyed."

Gabystepha · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 17, 2019

For Birth Control "I been on Lo Loestrin Fe for two months now. My doctor recommended due to cysts and endometriosis. I was having chronic cramps through the month before taking the pill and since starting this pill My cramps have gone down to two days. I have taken other pills before were I have gain weight and feel super nauseous. Doctor recommended to take this one at night instead of during the day & haven't felt nauseous at all. Only thing is do not skip a pill because you will see spotting and will get cramps. I haven't had any mood swings or skin breakouts so far."

jj · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 17, 2019

For Birth Control "I got on Lo Loestrin about two years ago. I had to stop taking it for a few months due to developing migraines with aura which can cause you a stroke if you’re on the combo pill. The migraines stopped and I got back on LoLo. I never got a period on the birth control. Like never.. which was very nerve wracking. It was not until I ended up in the hospital with chest paint that I learned birth control can increase your risk of clotting by 3x! Thankfully no clot, but I had to undergo extra tests just because of LoLo. I am only 21 years old and this pill could have killed me twice! Got off and my moods have NEVER BEEN BETTER!! I feel like a completely new person"

Susan G · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 15, 2019

For Birth Control "I highly do not recommend Lo Loestrin FE birth control. I spotted half of the entire first pack, which I know is common, but I've never experienced it before. I have had daily headaches. My breasts have been extremely tender, and have grown almost a full cup size. The worst is the anxiety. My anxiety has been through the roof and completely uncontrollable. I went a year on an entire bottle of Xanax and since I've started this, I've probably used half of a bottle throughout a month because I've had so much nervousness and anxiety. Anxiety attacks galore. I never attributed this to birth control before, but I had these symptoms before when I was on birth control for 10 years and thought it was just me. It's not me. It's the birth control. I wouldn't even consider it, if I were you. Also lack ant motivation to do anything or to be social, and I'm typically a very extroverted person."

Ray · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 10, 2019

For Birth Control "I've been on thia Lo Loestrin Fe pill for three months so far and honestly I am soooo relieved to not have any bad side effects. My mood hasn't really changed and I didn't gain weight (two of my concerns). It has cleared up my acne a little bit and I haven't had my period at all in the three months I've been on it (which is totally fine by me). I haven't even had any spotting. Honestly, this has been the best thing to happen to me! I was so nervous to go on birth control in case of negative side effects. This is my first form of birth control and I'm 24 years old. I think my boobs got a tiny bit bigger, too. I would highly recommend this pill! For those reading all the negative reviews and being nervous, keep in mind, most people who have negative experiences are more likely to leave a review than those who have positive experiences. I remember reading them and being so nervous to start it but I've had nothing but positive things :)"