User Reviews for Lo Loestrin Fe

Learn more about Lo Loestrin Fe.

Birth Control 674 reviews 280 medications

6.4
Summary of Lo Loestrin Fe reviews 674 reviews 6.4

Reviews for Lo Loestrin Fe

For Birth Control "Excellent! Do not be afraid of the reviews. Everyone is different. I'm 47, tried others but this is by far the best! No weight gain, less mood swings, overall fantastic. Biggest challenge is taking the pill at the same time everyday."

Anonymous July 28, 2016

For Birth Control "Overall I've had very minimal side effects with this pill. I just finished my first pack and the only two side effects I experience were spotting (1 for about 4 days and was almost full on bleeding, and the 2nd was only about 2 days and was very light) and weight gain. I am 20, 5'1 and normally weight around 107-109 but have been weighing around 111-112 ever since starting the pill. I'm hoping the weight gain/ bloating and spotting subsides in the next 3 months of me trying this birth control but other than that it seems to be just at sufficient as any other birth control I have used."

AnonH July 28, 2016

For Birth Control "After being on the same birth control for 2 years, with very little positive feedback, I decided to switch it up. I tried lolo because I had received a free trial from my doctor. OH MAN was it ever the best thing for me. Previously I had pretty severe acne, which nothing could help, but after 2 months my skin is completely clear. The only downfall is that I have experienced some weight gain. Overall, I would recommend this form of birth control to anybody who is struggling with skin issues."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 28, 2016

For Birth Control "I started LoLo about one month ago. I switched from Nuvaring to the pill. Everyone is different, but for reference, I'm 26, 5'8", 130. I'm pretty healthy and wanted to see how this would work and now I've had nausea for about 3 weeks, low sex drive, low appetite. My skin and weight have not changed at all. Called my doc and she said my body is getting used to the meds. Hoping this ends soon because it's no fun!"

Lauren H (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 25, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on lo loestrin for over three years and have loved it. Since being on it I haven't had a period. The only down side is that it's a pill. Being in college and having a crazy schedule makes it difficult to take every day so I'm switching to a better long term solution for birth control. If I could remember to take it at the same time every day I'd give this 10/10"

Anonymous1625749 July 25, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on Lo Loestrin Fe for a year now and I've been relatively happy. I'm 17 and not sexually active, but my doctor prescribed me the pill to help with my PCOS. Since I wasn't looking for it for birth control purposes, I was mainly focusing on acne, the duration and pain of my periods, and weight changes. I experienced absolutely no weight change and my periods almost and when I did get my period they were painful, but they were so infrequent so it wasn't a concern. I noticed also that my acne got worse. Fortunately I have not experienced any mood changes, appetite changes, migraines, etc. Overall I think as a first time birth control user, it's been an ok experience but if you're looking for acne solutions, maybe try something else."

Natalie543216789 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 20, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for several years now. I used to get debilitating cramps and ovarian cysts that put me in the hospital. So I love the pill for that...but now, the pill is the reason for my dead sex drive. And I don't know what to do. I have spoken to my doctor and my obgyn, and nobody seems to care enough to help me. I hate condoms, I can't feel anything. Just frustrated now..."

AndromedaJ July 19, 2016

For Birth Control "I'm 2 weeks into Lolo after Mirena IUD removal, and due to irregular periods, and ovarian cysts. Not sure what's a mirena removal side-effect (Mirena crash) vs. lolo side effect. But I've had headaches and anxiety, and really sad, sad, days. Just blah. I'm going to update as time goes on to annotate any other pros/cons. I have been nauseas the past few days too."

FrannyBarnes July 19, 2016

For Birth Control "This review is past due because I stopped taking Lo Loestrin a couple years ago due to job/insurance change and moving. But out of all the pills I've tried, this one was actually one of the better ones I tried. PROS: NO periods, no cramps, no mood swings, all gone :D!! I'm a heavy bleeder with horrible cramps/pains. This completely got rid of it and it was SO nice. Weight gain! For some this is a huge con, but I'm a 5'2 105lb stick figure girl and I've always struggled with trying to gain a healthy weight. This added about 5-10lbs on and I was really happy about it. CONS: Acne :( I never had bad acne until I started taking this. Also had no desire for sex, but I took it to fix my bad periods, not for dodging babies."

sebu (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 19, 2016

For Birth Control "Ive been taking this for two years now and I love it! I work crazy shifts at work that dont allow me to wake up and go to sleep at the same time EVER, so when I end up taking it 2 hours late I dont have to worry about it not being as effective. Also, apparently if you completely miss a dose its okay too, I have yet to try this out but It seems awesome in theory. The only real side effect it has caused me is completely losing my sexdrive. I only have one the two days of the Iron pills. But as I get older I find thats not really all that important to me anymore anyways! I do take sleep aids everynight to combat the sleep loss however I am not sure if its the medicine that causes this or just other mental disorders I have."

Laura Michelle (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 16, 2016

For Birth Control "I'm almost done with my first pack of Lo Loestrin Fe and I am pretty happy with it. I had minor spotting the second week and light spotting during the two white pills so far. The only side effects I've noticed so far are changes in appetite- first two weeks I was super hungry and then the third week I hardly ate at all. I had some nausea along with the changes in appetite but nothing too major. I have a history with anxiety and the pill has slightly elevated it, but it is manageable. I'd say anyone who is sensitive to high doses of estrogen should definitely try Lo Loestrin Fe."

Brooke1397 July 15, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on lolo estro for 4 months. Prior to this pill, I was on gianvi which is the generic of Yaz. I had to switch because after 3 years with gianvi, I started to experience vaginal dryness and low libido. Lo lo estro has been good, no negative side effects like I had with gianvi. I haven't had a period in the time I've been taking it, which was worrisome at first, but I guess it's normal. No weight gain or change in appetite. As far as skin/acne, no trouble there. Give it a try."

Jbear22 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 12, 2016

For Birth Control "I started taking LoLo after having been off birth control for almost a year. I stopped taking birth control to simply let my body reset because I'm 31 and have been taking it since I was 16. After less than a month of being on this medication, I feel extremely weak, tired, cloudy headed and at night- nauseous. Plus I've gained over 15 pounds with major bloating! My eating habits haven't changed, nor has my lifestyle choices. I'm not going to continue the prescription and am going to ask my doctor for a new option. I know everyone is different, but I didn't have a good reaction to these at all."

A Basic Mess (taken for less than 1 month) July 9, 2016

For Birth Control "I have taken this birth control for over 6 months now and am very pleased with it. I previously had Implanon and had a lot of side effects with it, including bad mood swings and weight gain. After switching to Lo Loestrin Fe I started experiencing a slight loss of appetite and some nausea, which made me lose 25lbs that I had put on as a result of the Implanon. I could do without the nausea, but I'm pleased with the weight loss, especially because I was expecting to gain weight if anything. I have had no bleeding besides when I slip up and forget to take my pill, besides some very light spotting at the end of my pill cycle which I almost don't even notice it most of the time."

Shelbii July 7, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on Lolo for just over a year now (after I finished breastfeeding my son) and have had no negative side effects. The pill has not caused any weight gain or losses, change in attitude or sex drive. I haven't had a period in about 4 months now and it is slightly alarming that the pill is changing my cycle so much, but as long as I can still have more children when I am ready and my period comes back once I go off of Lolo, I consider this to be an excellent birth control pill!"

CrossFitMomma (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 7, 2016

For Birth Control "Like most of you probably are doing, I took it upon myself to look up some reviews as to how women felt/responded/liked/disliked LoLo. STOP RIGHT THERE. I read nightmarish reviews after I took my first pill and was paranoid I'd experience some of the "symptoms" and "side effects" others did. The day after my first pill I felt sleepy and my body felt weak; aside from that, NOTHING. My transition was seamless. Granted everyone's different, but after feeling no difference I began to think maybe the things said here were all in their heads? I have absolutely no complaints about LoLo. My sex drive hasn't been affected in the slightest, I'm very, VERY big on taking care of my face and skin and I haven't had any acne, pimples, etc... Go for it!!!!"

TeamLolo July 6, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on just about every pill/needle contraceptive out there and usually all the side affects take about a year to show up. I was on depo needle for 2 years and LOVED it but my doctor made a point of mentioning every 3 months that I should go off of it. Now thislovely little pill - destroyed my sex drive within the first 3 months, only positive is that I grew a cup size over night. Downfall, gained 23 pounds over 6 months. Constant bloating and took 5 months for my period to regulate. Another bad side affect is I no longer sleep longer than 5 hours a night when I am known for sleeping like a log (and night sweats are so bad I wake up soaking to the point I have to change my clothes and sheets)never had that before in my life."

Jesssssica July 4, 2016

For Birth Control "I'm taking this medication to regulate my period. I was scared after reading the side effects especially about the hair loss and the weight gain, but I know everyone is different. This is my 2nd month and I've experienced loss of appetite, stomach ache, nausea/vomitting the most...I've actually lost 10 pounds which is awesome. The neasea/vomitting is only about once a week so it's not that bad...I just am not hungry anymore...which helps me make better choices in eating. My first month I was hormonal, however now I think my bodies gotten use to it so I'm not as hormonal. As far as my period...It hasnt been long enough to tell if it's regulated."

Maaaaaagggggggiiiiiieeeee July 3, 2016

For Birth Control "This is the best birth control I've been on. Previously, I had taken Depo Provera and my personality became very cold. Later, I was on Minastrin and I started getting ocular migraines. Freaked me out...never had them before. Doc put me on Lo Loestrin FE because of ovarian cysts and the pain associated with them has disappeared. Haven't had my period in over a year, but doc said it was ok not to have one. My emotions are less of a roller coaster. I still get PMS symptoms, cramps, and a pimple the week before my last pill, but FAR less severe. Love this pill. Only side effect I can think of is difficulty losing "some" weight, but I'd rather have that than what comes with not taking the pill."

Gina the ballerina June 29, 2016

For Birth Control "This was my first BC as well, after being on this pill for 3 months my periods were more painful. I also noticed my sex drive went down as well as my energy. It's pretty normal about a week before my period I would have breast pain. But my breasts would be painful for 3 weeks or more before my period. I finally went the IUD route and am loving it. I have noticed how much happier I am! I would highly recommend anyone to not use this medication."

Carry2238 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 28, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on this birth control for almost a year and a half. I have probably tried 8 different brands over the last 12 years and this is by far the best. No side effects for me at all, and the best part - I haven't had a period the entire time I've been on it (I'll spot very lightly for 2 days out of the month and that's it). I recommend it to everyone I know!"

KDonn (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 28, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on the pill for about a year and 1 month now. This is my first birth control and I got on it because my periods were horrible and extremely heavy and also because I entered a serious relationship. I was fine up until the half year mark until I had spotting for 12 days before getting my real period 4 days late. Now I still have breakthrough bleeding right after ovulation which always causes me to freak out. Other than that the pill is fine. I actually lost weight on this pill, and I cant gain weight anything past 108. My sex drive is sometimes affected it takes a while for me to get into the mood and my boyfriend is supportive of it. Its just the darn spotting that irritates me."

flowerpetals (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 27, 2016

For Birth Control "I was prescribed Lo Loestrin by my ob to reset my ovaries since my hormones are all over the place and my period were very long cycle and irregular. She recommend me to take it for two months. I finished taking my first pack and I didn't get any severe side effects, just breast feeling tender and swollen. I also got spotting during my third weeks of taking it. And I didn't get any withdraw bleeding during my two placebo pills. Hoping Loestrin would regulate my hormones after I finish taking it for two months so I can try conceiving again."

ooobaby (taken for less than 1 month) June 23, 2016

For Birth Control "I came off of Yasmin due to the blood clot risks. Lolo is the third brand I have tried and is by far the best. I commonly get headaches and it has been reduced after changing to this brand. There have been no negative side effects. I don't get any cramps or periods at all. I may get spotting every couple months for 2 days, but that's it. I would recommend this brand to anyone if they can afford it, as it is not covered by all insurance and is slightly expensive."

Jessl29 June 23, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been using this pill for 5 months and during this time, I gained over 10 lbs, and my anxiety and paranoia has caused irreparable damage to my relationship. I must note I work out and have no changes in lifestyle that should've caused me to gain weight. I am constantly sad, on the verge of tears, I am oversensitive and negative. I am just not myself. I gave the pill more than the 3 month trial period because I don't want to keep switching hormones, but I cannot keep this up any longer. I am going to try the nuva ring. For the record, I was previously on Diane 35 very happily for 2 years with no side effects but my doctor took me off because it is apparently too high in hormones"

Stephy123456 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 21, 2016