User Reviews for Sprintec

Learn more about Sprintec.

Ovarian Cysts 20 reviews 55 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 39 reviews 162 medications

4.5
Summary of Sprintec reviews 531 reviews 6.0

Reviews for Sprintec

For Birth Control "I swapped to Sprintec from Microgestin after having suicidal thoughts, weight gain and no sex drive. Sprintec also made me depressed (with no sudicidal thoughts), no sex drive and caused me to gain another 15 pounds. I am normally very active and social but I just sat around all day everyday with no desire to go out and live life. I've since started the Xulane patch and LOVE it. With the patch I have no depression, no suicidal thoughts, my appetite has gone back to how it was before I started birth control and my sex drive has returned."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 30, 2016

For Birth Control "I went on bc to control my emotional balance and heavy cramping for my period. This bc did that. It made my emotions better. I was less of a mess but it came with a price. Extreme gastrointestinal issues. So bad. I leave for college in 8 days and I am stopping this pill because I can not be dealing with constant diarrhea at school. My first week of this pill I had major cramping, it went away but I've been bleeding non stop. I also lost 3 lbs. I'm a very slim female at 5'3 and roughly 92 lbs normally. I am now 88 lbs. my breasts have grown considerably fuller but at this price? I'd rather be flat chested again. It's a no from me"

Anonymous anon August 23, 2016

For Birth Control "Normal side effects from Sprintec 28 pills. Took pills on time everyday. The first week of taking the pills, I experienced some minor mood swings & bloating but that was about it. I've had slight cravings for chocolate. Maintained my usual diet & exercise. No weight gain or weight lost. No increase or decrease of acne. Experienced minor spotting the week before my period. Other than that, so far so good. If you're looking for any benefits outside of birth control, this is not the pill for you. If you're looking for a birth control that doesn't disrupt your regular everyday routine, I recommend Sprintec 28. Of course, pills effect everyone differently. I mentally prepared myself for all the negative side effects that might occur just to find that there really weren't any."

ashley76063 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 23, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on sprintec for about a year and a half, no weight gain, cleared up any pimples, 5 day long periods, and no pregnancies. The downside is I've become more sensitive emotionally, the smallest thing can make me upset especially around my period, and I get extremely bad hunger pains that never used to happen before the pill. I would still give it an 8/10 because it hasn't negatively impacted me physically and it's done its job."

Mary_160 August 17, 2016

For Birth Control "I've never taken birth control before because I've never been sexually active (and I'm still not). I started this a few months before my wedding, and it seemed totally fine at first. I read a ton of reviews that warned of major mood swings and irritability, but I never experienced that. I also read a ton of reviews that praised this pill for helping with flawless skin, but that is NOT the case for me. While my chest did grow and I didn't have mood swings or weight gain, I experienced some of the most painful and humiliating acne of my life while taking it. My forehead never breaks out, but for 3 constant months it's been a war zone, as are my cheeks, chin, and brow area. I'm switching to Yaz. Fingers crossed I clear up before the big day."

Casey L (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 17, 2016

For Birth Control "Absolutely awful. This pill almost killed me. Gave me lung clot symptoms, migraines, thyroid pains and the worst stomach ailments I've ever had. After I'd been on this pill for a year I all of a sudden got a horrible stomach condition where I lost a ton of weight and couldn't eat for 3 months. I'm 5'7 and this pill caused me to get down to 99lbs. If I didn't find out in time that it was this retched pill causing my stomach problems, I'd either be in the hospital on an IV or dead. Shame on the pharmaceutical companies that release these pills, claiming they're safe to the public when obviously hundreds of women are getting so sick/dying from these things. I, under a good conscience, could not release a pill like this."

Jehar (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 15, 2016

For Birth Control "This is the 3rd type of birth control I've tried in 10 years. The shot wasn't bad, just an inconvenience to go to the doctor every 3 months. Then I tried an IUD , that was a pain, it wouldn't sit in my cervix right & fell out 3 times. Now I have been on sprintec a little over a year. I have had NO acne, NO weight gain, NO suicidal thoughts. The only side effects I have encountered are, slight migraines the week before I start the sugar pill & VERY LIGHT spotting for a day about 1 week before I start the sugar pill. It's not bad enough for me to change to something else though."

Not bad (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 14, 2016

For Birth Control "The issues I was having are gone but the ones I didn't experience before this medicine have started. Before I had heavy bleeding during 7 day long periods and sever migraines the day before, now I bleed lightly for 3 days and the migraines are gone. But I used to only get an occasional pimple and now I'm constantly broken out and the camps have been pretty bad. I'm on my third month of it and overall my mood has improved and the migraines and heavy bleeding ending has made it worth it for me."

Katiej16 August 12, 2016

For Birth Control "My expirence with sprintec has been absolutely amazing. I have been on this pill for about two years now. I have never had a pregnancy scare or gotten pregnant. My doctor recommended this birth control to me and it has reacted with my body perfectly. Every ones body is different to certain birth controls but mine works well with it to this day. If you are looking for a birth control, ask your doctor about sprintec and see what feedback they give you. Overall, my experience with this has been great!"

Marie N August 10, 2016

For Birth Control "SMOKERS PLEASE READ:Started taking Sprintec roughly 2-3 weeks after i had a miscarriage. I used this birth control for less than a month. I never missed a day and took it on time every day. Right before i started taking the 'sugar pill' or the last week of pills for the month, i ended up getting SUPER sick sypmtoms including: anxiety, loss of sleep, severe depression and fatal thoughts, very light headed almost passing out, nausea/vommiting just to name a few. I also ended up losing feeling in the right side of my body. Turns out it was from SMOKING WHILE TAKING THE PILL. I stopped taking it and after a 2 weeks FINALLY got to my regular self. Please be careful because smoking while on the pill can be deadly."

cs123 (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have been taking Sprintec since May 2016. I was doing great on the blue pill, but when it came to taking the white pill for 7 days, I would bleed for weeks straight at a time. So, playing doctor, I just started taking the blue pill and would skip over taking the white pill and I would spot every now and then. When I did do that I would have severe cramps (never had cramps before in my life) and decided to finish the pack as suggested (blue/white pills). Now it is August and for three weeks I have been bleeding non-stop. I have not taken any of my blue pills since Sunday, July 31st, to see if the bleeding would stop and sure enough it HASN'T....I am tired of cramping when on the pill and bleeding when I follow the directions. HELP???"

Monica-Tx (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 4, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "this scary because I had a blood transfusion because of heavy bleeding, I thought I would get relief but no. I have been in pain since day one I would deal with everything if it would just stop my bleeding .The cramps are so severe Ibuprofen isn't even working I'm definitely switching . I would advise ladies to take note of all these stories because if I had saw this I wouldn't take this at all. I'm in hell right now"

Kimri07 August 3, 2016

For Birth Control "I suffer from severe depression and anxiety, this actually curbed it for me. Instead of being depressed everyday, it cut it down to a week. It balanced out my periods. But, on the down side they were heavy for the first few days with strong fatigue and cramps. I had spotting the first month. My emotions were great the first 9 months. Once that Mark hit I started to spiral. I was over emotional and cryings over just about anything. My feelings were so amped up. I stopped taking it and I felt normal a few days later. I stopped and started a new one which honestly made me feel absolutely nothing. I felt like a sociopath. I'm back on it, hoping for good to decent results. Just remember, every one is different. Try it for a few months."

Fricklenani August 1, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "This was the first bc I have used, for my crazy abnormal periods and as a birth control. The first month was crazy, headache, fetigue, nausea, extreme cramps, but I decided to stick with it and eventually that went away. My period started on a Tuesday and ended on a Saturday and were way lighter, and I hadn't experienced normal period symptoms besides bloating. The second month I had crazy mood swings, followed by the month after that. Periods still came on Tuesday-Saturday, but I started noticing on my new packs, I had headaches, fetigue, nausea, etc.. My fourth and fifth month, I have had my period for two weeks. It would start on my 3rd week pill Tuesday, all the way until I had to start my new pack. I am shortly switching."

ihatesprintec July 29, 2016

For Birth Control "I started this pill 4 months ago for my cramps and nothing has changed cramps are still the same and my period is still really heavy. I'm changing to trinessa crossing my fingers I'll have a better experience."

Brookmsm (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 28, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill since 2008 so about 8 years now. I've never had a pregnancy scare, never any horrible side effects, and helped control my cramps and period. I love it."

Chil10 July 27, 2016

For Birth Control "It was ok. I guess everyone's body reacts differently but for me I bled a lot on this medication. The first 2 months I would bleed for 2 solid weeks. My doc told me to stick it out for three months. Month 3 and 4 it cleared up, my period began like normal during sugar pills. Then month 5 and 6, the bleeding started happening again, even though I took my pills very regularly. I went off because I was sick of the bleeding, I never had this issue before. It affected my moods too. On the pill I had constant gloomy, negative thoughts. It caused me to tire quickly and I didn't want to interact with people. Off the pill I am WAY more positive and energetic. Now I feel like my old, normal self I'm never going back to this pill."

Anonymous1123467 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 27, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have been on sprintec for over a year. All has been well and it has clearly worked for the purpose of preventing pregnancy. The one mistake I made was slipping my placebo pills and going on to the next pack instead, to avoid period. The period came two weeks later during my regular pills, and since then I have been spotting this dark brown gooey stuff. It sucks, but other than that I haven't had any problems with it."

anonymous111223 July 14, 2016

For Birth Control "Overall I liked this pill. The positives outweighed the negatives for me. Initially I took it to change my cycle due to a vacation I was going on. I decided to stay on it for another 4 months as birth control. The positives- regular period, no weight gain, no breakthrough bleeding, no more cramping, no co-pay, and NO babies! The negatives- mood swings, leg cramps, occasional cystic acne (a week before and during placebo week), remembering to take it everyday, and breast tenderness. Eventually I got tired of remembering to take a pill everyday, so I switched to the Nexplanon arm implant which has been great so far. If the pill doesn't work out for you, there are other good options!"

Mellyb July 12, 2016

For Endometriosis "This birth control made me bleed for well over 8 days and counting, it's also making me shed stuff like crazy and daily cramps. I only took it because I have horrible unbearable, intolerable cramps each month and I decided to try it to avoid the cramps and while it did calm my usual extremely painful cramps, the continued bleeding and cramps make it not worth it. The only plus I can say is that it didn't break me out like others do, in fact it may of helped my skin."

Cguu July 12, 2016

"I ended up with Pulmonary embolisms (pe) in both of my lungs. I've never had anything that could compare to this. Neva Eva Again!!!"

Neva Eva Again July 6, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "First month I had pretty bad cramps but that was a big reason I went on it, along with very irregular periods. After that month though I barely experience cramping, my periods are light, and fairly short (4 days). I'm used to heavy cramps so bad I throw up and 6+ day periods. My skin is the clearest it's ever been. I did bloat very bad (7 pound gained) around month 4 but now (month 5) all bloating is gone and I'm back to my original size. It hasn't taken away any PMS symptoms besides acne and cramps but I'm okay with that. My breasts have grown a cup size (32 C to 32 D). So far so good. Plus... No babies!"

Noob1 July 5, 2016

For Birth Control "I have used this birth control for months now and I honestly like it. The first week I used it, it gave me really bad suicide thoughts and made me deeply depressed. I cried mostly every night and at work. But after that week I was totally fine except I started having really bad headaches. But every birth control comes with symptoms that only last a week or two and you're totally fine for the rest of the months. Depending if your body accepts it or not. I don't really have acne, I haven't gained weight, my boobs look fuller, and I haven't gotten pregnant yet. Also my period was heavy at the first month, but through the 2nd and 3rd month it gets lighter and lighter, as well with cramps. I love it. Just have a good diet, vitamins, & exercise,"

Daaaaaaisssy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 5, 2016

For Birth Control "Worst pill ever, I had evasive thoughts. I would visualize how I killed people. I never had these types of thoughts before the pill. I was depressive and very angry. Gained eight and acne problems became more severe. My doctor said that they are perfect pills for me, but I quit taking them because I was not myself. All my problems went away when I stopped this pill, best decision of my life."

Lokren July 4, 2016

For Birth Control "Getting on this pill was the worst mistake I have ever made. I had impalanon and it was literally the best thing in the world and when my three years came, I thought I'd give the pill a try. It's been 5 days since and I have never been more depressed in my life. Worst anxiety attacks.. I even had to leave work yesterday. I cry all the time. I'm numb. It's pure hell. Stopping the pill today and calling to get the impalanon back in."

Morgyn July 2, 2016