User Reviews for Sprintec

Learn more about Sprintec.

Ovarian Cysts 20 reviews 55 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 36 reviews 162 medications

4.7
Summary of Sprintec reviews 514 reviews 6.0

Reviews for Sprintec

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have been on sprintec for over a year. All has been well and it has clearly worked for the purpose of preventing pregnancy. The one mistake I made was slipping my placebo pills and going on to the next pack instead, to avoid period. The period came two weeks later during my regular pills, and since then I have been spotting this dark brown gooey stuff. It sucks, but other than that I haven't had any problems with it."

anonymous111223 July 14, 2016

For Birth Control "Overall I liked this pill. The positives outweighed the negatives for me. Initially I took it to change my cycle due to a vacation I was going on. I decided to stay on it for another 4 months as birth control. The positives- regular period, no weight gain, no breakthrough bleeding, no more cramping, no co-pay, and NO babies! The negatives- mood swings, leg cramps, occasional cystic acne (a week before and during placebo week), remembering to take it everyday, and breast tenderness. Eventually I got tired of remembering to take a pill everyday, so I switched to the Nexplanon arm implant which has been great so far. If the pill doesn't work out for you, there are other good options!"

Mellyb July 12, 2016

For Endometriosis "This birth control made me bleed for well over 8 days and counting, it's also making me shed stuff like crazy and daily cramps. I only took it because I have horrible unbearable, intolerable cramps each month and I decided to try it to avoid the cramps and while it did calm my usual extremely painful cramps, the continued bleeding and cramps make it not worth it. The only plus I can say is that it didn't break me out like others do, in fact it may of helped my skin."

Cguu July 12, 2016

"I ended up with Pulmonary embolisms (pe) in both of my lungs. I've never had anything that could compare to this. Neva Eva Again!!!"

Neva Eva Again July 6, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "First month I had pretty bad cramps but that was a big reason I went on it, along with very irregular periods. After that month though I barely experience cramping, my periods are light, and fairly short (4 days). I'm used to heavy cramps so bad I throw up and 6+ day periods. My skin is the clearest it's ever been. I did bloat very bad (7 pound gained) around month 4 but now (month 5) all bloating is gone and I'm back to my original size. It hasn't taken away any PMS symptoms besides acne and cramps but I'm okay with that. My breasts have grown a cup size (32 C to 32 D). So far so good. Plus... No babies!"

Noob1 July 5, 2016

For Birth Control "I have used this birth control for months now and I honestly like it. The first week I used it, it gave me really bad suicide thoughts and made me deeply depressed. I cried mostly every night and at work. But after that week I was totally fine except I started having really bad headaches. But every birth control comes with symptoms that only last a week or two and you're totally fine for the rest of the months. Depending if your body accepts it or not. I don't really have acne, I haven't gained weight, my boobs look fuller, and I haven't gotten pregnant yet. Also my period was heavy at the first month, but through the 2nd and 3rd month it gets lighter and lighter, as well with cramps. I love it. Just have a good diet, vitamins, & exercise,"

Daaaaaaisssy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 5, 2016

For Birth Control "Worst pill ever, I had evasive thoughts. I would visualize how I killed people. I never had these types of thoughts before the pill. I was depressive and very angry. Gained eight and acne problems became more severe. My doctor said that they are perfect pills for me, but I quit taking them because I was not myself. All my problems went away when I stopped this pill, best decision of my life."

Lokren July 4, 2016

For Birth Control "Getting on this pill was the worst mistake I have ever made. I had impalanon and it was literally the best thing in the world and when my three years came, I thought I'd give the pill a try. It's been 5 days since and I have never been more depressed in my life. Worst anxiety attacks.. I even had to leave work yesterday. I cry all the time. I'm numb. It's pure hell. Stopping the pill today and calling to get the impalanon back in."

Morgyn July 2, 2016

For Birth Control "I experienced a LOT of breakthrough bleeding in the beginning.I also experienced mood swings. The breakthrough bleeding has stopped and my mood is better now. I have experienced no weight gain.I've actually lost 10 lbs but I am trying to lose weight. My boobs got a little fuller. I had a little bit of acne at first but nothing terrible, I just rarely get breakouts. Periods are a little lighter, a little less painful but last about 6-7 days. Sex drive has plummeted."

JewelOfTheMidwest (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 1, 2016

For Birth Control "Within a week of taking Sprintec I noticed a lot more acne on my face than I did before taking it. I've had really bad bloating and stomach aches. My breast have been hurting and I've also been way more irritable. I'm talking to my doctor about switching brands soon."

Ilovecats123 June 30, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on sprintec for about 2 weeks and haven't had any spotting, my only complaint is migraines that I got 2 nights straight. But other than that I've had no bad side effects. I also feel like I've had less discharge than when I wasnt on it."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 24, 2016

For Birth Control "I was on sample pills for 2 months and changed to this pill. This pill sucks and put me in bad place. I'm 21 don't diet or exercise always weight around 129lb and my period light 3 day period with painful cramp on 1st day. Monday I started this pill and 3 days later Thursday night I was in bed with really bad cramp that I never had before and painkiller didn't work much. Next day I started heavy period, but I wasn't worried since I changed pills til 4 days after period started. A whole week I had heavy period and another 5 day light period. And I'm having bad diarrhea everytime I eat. My period still not finished after almost 2 weeks. I just realized from reading these comments that it's the pills and I'm not sick in any other way lol."

Momo_nd June 22, 2016

For Birth Control "I took this birth control pill for about three months. I have been fortunate to never experience intense sadness or depressive feelings since I was born, discounting family/friend deaths or illnesses. After starting the pill I noticed a change in my attitude and mindset. I used to wake up extremely happy and stay happy throughout the day, but the pill caused me to become sad. Depression became a major factor of my everyday life on the pill and suicidal ideations soon followed during the third month. I felt crazy on the pill and I became really insecure. The only other side effect besides depression was breast tenderness. It was effective in preventing pregnancy and I did not get migraines or spotting."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 17, 2016

For Birth Control "I started this about a month ago. I've gained about 5lbs, I've been getting acne in places I've never gotten acne before. I get really and migraines. Lost my sex drive, depression has increased. Overall, don't take it. Get the shot."

BlueAir June 11, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for over 2 months now and I absolutely love it. I used to be on lo loestrin for almost a year and had the worst experience with it. After switching to Sprintec I no longer spotted between periods, got my period on time, got my sex drive back and no more mood swings. I feel great and have nothing but positive things to say about it!"

tayyyyyyyyyyyyy9 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 6, 2016

For Endometriosis "On a search for birth control that doesn't make me nauseous while helping my death feeling cramps and this wasn't it. When my horrible cramps hit this month, I took the first pill of the pack and have felt so throw up nauseous ever since after only 1 pill. I'm at a loss for what to do about my cramps at this point, when the pill makes me so sick it's not worth taking it either."

Ancallie June 4, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on sprintec a little over a year and it has done wonderful by far in preventing pregnancy. My major problem would be the constant migraines. it progressed to worse. I am looking into a different method."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 1, 2016

For Ovarian Cysts "So I've been taking sprintec for a month now due to different insurance. And I've had two periods within one month, I am very emotional unstable. My ankles are swelling I have headaches. And my sex drive is decreasing. I'm always sleepy, I never want to get up for work, my cervix was really hard and low on my period. And this has never happened before, this pill is horrible for me! I can't speak for everyone."

Thiao May 31, 2016

For Birth Control "This is my 2nd month on Sprintec and it's been working well for me. I was on ortho tri cyclen lo prior and my mood swings and emotions were out of control. I do still get a bit nauseous at the beginning of the pack, but it may be because I take my pill early in the morning (have a good meal before you take it) it has also helped calm down my cystic acne. (I'm 25 and I've never had acne before until a couple of months ago due to stress at work) Most importantly, this does work for prevention of pregnancy! I have unprotected sex with my partner 2-3x a week. Remember to get enough rest, eat well and exercise even if you feel super lazy and tired. It's the hormones!"

SallyThatGirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 21, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have been on sprintec for about 7 months and from the 2nd month I got periods 2-3 times a month with a very heavy flo. I also started to not care about anyone or anything. I was very insensitive about thing which I should have some effect on me. Sex drive dropped drastically. From having sex 4 times a day to no sex for 3-5 weeks at a time. I was always tired. Just to wake up in the morning was a whole job in itself and I stayed tired all day. My husband and I agreed on not taking it o ly bc of the amount of my flo each time (again 2-3 times a month). I do not recommend this pill to anyone."

Delkash May 20, 2016

For Birth Control "I have used this medication for about a year now. I have had migraines, but I have them in my genetics so I am not blaming the pill! As far as I know, it has been 100% effective in preventing pregnancy. I have not had a baby grow inside of me lol. My periods have gotten lighter and the start on about the Wednesday of the placebo pill week. I just chalk this up to when I used to be on Minastrin and that's when my period used to start on that pill. So all in all, I love it. Safe, free with my insurance, great option."

jenileesmith16 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 18, 2016

For Birth Control "Due to new insurance, I switched form Ortho-Cyclen to Sprintec in March (starting my third pack of Sprintec now). I noticed a pretty significant change in my mood/attitude: I have a lack of motivation, increased feelings of sadness, and my energy level is lower than it ever has been. In the first month of taking Sprintec, I had a breakouts of acne, more than I usually had. However, this seemed to clear up and has not been a problem the last couple weeks. I'm hoping that my body is just getting used to the new pill and that everything will balance out and my mood will return to normal. Other than that, the pill does what it is supposed to!"

nicole_133 May 15, 2016

For Birth Control "I found that so far, this birth control has been right for me. I think the key is taking it as soon as you wake up (easiest for me since I'm up at the same time daily). I did notice that I had a break out during this first month. Seemed to have eased my cramps when it came to my period. I still don't have unprotected sex , so I'm not sure of its effectiveness against pregnancy within my body. It's cheap. That's a huge plus, 8 dollars a month with my insurance. I also notice that it made my breasts hurt tremendously during the first few weeks . There are some side effects that come with this medication but I can deal with that instead of worrying about pregnancy. I would recommend others trying it just to see how it works with your body :)"

Raisingkayne May 10, 2016

For Birth Control "I took Sprintec for two weeks and couldn't stand the side effects any longer. They seemed to help me get a grip on my hormone levels but I became overly depressed and for two nights, sat awake and contemplated suicide. I cried for an entire night. I discontinued Sprintec the next day and haven't had the severe depression or suicidal thoughts. Never ever again will I take Sprintec. The side effects are NOT worth it!"

LaurenCB May 6, 2016

For Birth Control "I was switched to this after about 9 months of Mononessa. I didn't ask to switch it just happened. Anyways, I did not experience any side effects at all. My only small complaint is that my period doesn't start until mid-late Wednesday and it's just inconvenient because on Mononessa it start Monday night or Tuesday morning so I freak out a little bit over that. I do think it made my cramps less intense and my period lighter. It still lasts about 6 days although the last two days are almost nothing. I was afraid to switch but it wasn't bad so if you're in my shoes, think positively!"

hereismyname May 1, 2016