User Reviews for Sprintec

Learn more about Sprintec.

Ovarian Cysts 22 reviews 55 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 52 reviews 109 medications

4.1
Summary of Sprintec reviews 678 reviews 5.7

Reviews for Sprintec

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I was 14 when my doctor put me on this garbage for extreme periods (3+ weeks of bleeding) and if anything my periods got worse after being on this. It also gave me CONSTANT cramps. I would have cramps every single day and when I was on my period they were just way worse. I was taking way too many ibuprofen a day and they eventually stopped working for me. No other pain killer could even put a dent in the pain from these cramps. The only thing that helped was my left over vicodin from surgery. I was 100 lbs and taking high doses of vicodin just to go to school. Doctor made me continue to take it for 6 months despite horrible pain. Nothing changed. Thankfully off it now please don't take this drug it is awful."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Gonadotropin Inhibition "I have been on Sprintec for about 2 months. My specialist recommended this after I was on the generic Seasonale and had a huge trouble with constant breakthrough bleeding. Well, Sprintec is not much different. I have been bleeding non-stop for the last 2 weeks. What's different from Seasonale is: the cramps during the endless breakthrough bleeding came in waves and were much worse than period cramping. Sprintec, the cramps are more often and less severe. The bleeding is about the same, I still get blood on my panties, making me angry. I'm gonna fill up my prescription one or two more times and see if anything changes for the better. If not, then I guess I need a checklist on every birth control I can try and see which one is best. Ugh."

Jo0 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I had an abortion in April 2017 and bled the way u should after abortion like having a baby. I was given this birth control due to no insurance and started taken it I missed a period for a month then my period came on and I've been bleeding now 16 days and I have not stopped this is the absolute worse I hoping my Medicaid cuts in so I can go back to Nuva ring"

Taurus girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on sprintec for close to two years now. As of late, I have experienced horrible side effects. I have had major constipation that has caused severe anal fissures. I have had heightened anxiety and depression in the last 8 months. Abdominal pain, bloating etc. I seriously thought something was wrong with my health. I had abdominal and vaginal ultrasounds, urine and blood tests, STD tests and everything came back fine. Yet, the symptoms still continued. I was scared and hopeless, as these were things I had never experienced in my life. It wasn't until recently after doing research and talking with my friends, that I realized sprintec was causing these exact symptoms I was experiencing. I decided after my last pack to stop the pill."

teach5 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "So I started this birth control as my first when I was 18. Only started to take it to regular my period for college. It regulated it, I had less cramps, less bleeding, no pimples, no weight gain. I was very happy with it. I've came go realize recently that this birth control has caused my depression, anxiety and my inablitiy to sleep well. I've been on this pill for over two years and I'm just now realizing what it is doing to my body and my mind and it is very unhealthy. Look for the side effects of depression, anxiety and lack of sleep within the first three/four months because that's when it starts and that's when you should get off of it."

Ryanannne July 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was on Microgestin Fe 1/20 for almost two years, and that worked great for me. But I went to a new gyno and she changed my prescription to Sprintec because she said the microgestin was what was giving me headaches. My first two months on sprintec were horrible. I had nausea every morning and my periods were just as heavy and I was still getting horrible, slap-your-grandma cramps. However, I'm going on my 5th month and the cramps have definitely been toned down, I still wake up with some nausea but it's not bad. I would like my periods to lighten up a lot more though. I havent had any problems with my anxiety/depression worsening, weight gain, or acne."

CaitB13 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Gives me pretty clear skin, other than a pimple or two on my forehead during my period. Slightly larger breasts, shorter and lighter periods, and I'm not pregnant. Very happy with this pill, and it's my first time on BC so I suppose I got lucky. This was great for me, but everyone's body is different so I don't think reviews for birth control pills are super smart in actuality..."

AngieEL July 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I've been taking sprintec for 3 months as prescribed after a surgical abortion as a birth control/period regulator. Before starting sprintec my period were on time but extremely heavy. I had been on lo minestrin for a few yrs prior to starting sprintec and had a ton of success with that, but my insurance stopped covering it so I had to change perscriptions. I'm on my last few days of month 3 and I have been bleeding everyday for the past two and a half months. It's beyond normal spotting - I use up a super plus tampon twice a day. On my normal periods I use four to five super plus tampons. I thought something was very wrong with me, and I'm still gonna see a Dr, but reading these reviews leads me to believe its just a really horrible medication."

81939571 July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This was my first birth control experience. I have been an emotional wreck since starting the pill. I cry about nothing (used to be more in control of that) and I've gained 10 pounds in 6 months (without changing diet or exercise). I also have felt more tired and incredibly anxious which was unusual. Can someone find a birth control that actually works :)"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on this birth control for over a year now after getting off the depo (horrible side effects) and thought this would make me feel better. And it did until the last 3-4 months I thought I was depressed but reading these reviews makes me realize it must be the Sprintec. I get depressed and like other reviewers mentioned "emotionally numb". And my sex drive has been completely nonexistent making think something is incredibly wrong with me but it's just the birth control! I will be off this completely and will stick to condoms. I wish there was a safe birth control for women to take without the god awful side effects. Makes me feel bad for women everywhere wondering what is making them miserable."

EAB220 July 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on Sprintec for about 7 or 8 months. I noticed I began getting very depressed after about 2 or 3 months and now it has only gotten worse I'm on antidepressants which aren't helping. I have horrible migraines almost every day which seem to get worse. My period happens about every 2-3 weeks. I'm tired all the time and I have ridiculous mood swings.. I'm so touchy and sensitive. After reading this I'm going to stop taking this birth control."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on Sprintec for 3 years now. I switched from the depo as I didn't like what the depo was doing to my body. I had no weight gain from the depo but I just didn't like the reviews I was reading and the fact I had no period freaked me out. I was on the depo for 6 months (2 shots) and I stopped the depo and didn't get a period again until 6 months later. So definitely didn't like that. With sprintec I've had No weight gain. I do get a little emotional the last week of the pack but I blame that on my period. No headaches. Periods are regular. My sex drive hasn't changed. Over all I think this medication works for me. Everyone is different so if your experiencing anything unpleasant definitely talk to your doctor!"

CATIE013 July 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Horrible mood swings since starting the pill. Emotionally numb, headaches, constant anxiety, nonexistent sex drive. I was switched to this pill by my doc because I had breakthrough bleeding on my other pill."

A123456 July 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was on sprintec for over 2 years with no complications then all of a sudden I started to get horrible abdominal pain and nausea ( I seriously thought I was dying) and no one could figure out why!!!! At least 2 trips to the ER, CT scans, blood work, urine tests nothing showed up, multiple trips to my gyno, prompt cares, hours on the phone. I noticed my pain would always go away for a week later figuring out that was when I was on my sugar pill week!! 4 months of pain $3,000 in debt later and no doctor ever questioning my birth control ( I thought nothing of it because I was on it for 2 years with no problems) I quit taking my birth control and all of my pain went away!! This stuff is horrible and I will never take birth control again"

Jcaudic June 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ovarian Cysts "I started this birth control to help with my PCOS and crazy periods. My periods were always 8-10 days and pretty heavy. But I started my period just 10 days into this medicine and it continued for 19 days. I've never had a period that long. My depression was made worse, my sex drive was gone, dizziness, ridiculous mood swings, never wanted to eat, the list just goes on. I never had this issue with the previous two birth control pills I used 7 years ago. Needless to say, I stopped this medicine and will not be taking it again. I'd rather deal with a horrible 9 day period, than a horrible 19 day period."

JBrantley25 June 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've tried multiple birth control pills and I thought I found my saving grace when I first started taking this pill. My skin was clearer and my boobs grew which was a bonus. While taking this pill my sex drive has been almost non-existent. The problem for me has been Placebo week. The change in hormones throughout the month than dropping off to have my period has given me crazy mood swings. I don't think I've ever felt so depressed, hopeless, unhappy with life and with things that made me previously happy. Usually if I am PMSing it lasts for a day or two but with this BC it's consistently there. My mental health is not worth side effects of this pill. If you struggle with mood swings especially while on birth control pills I would NOT recommend"

EleighB June 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on Sprintec for two years. Before going on birth control when I was in high school, my periods kept getting longer and longer, eventually becoming 18 days long. Sprintec reduced my periods to exactly 7 days, I never had spotting in between my periods. Before birth control I generally had clear skin and I still do for the most part. I experienced no weight fluctuation. But in the past year I have noticed an increased soreness in my vagina walls over time, it started to make it unbearable to use tampons on my period at some points, so I will be switching pills soon."

Sore vagina but shorter period June 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started taking this pill and within the month my urine was much darker. I thought I was dehydrated and getting pneumonia as I also had a cough. I went to the Dr and they gave me Augmentin. Suddenly I was vomiting multiple times a day and nauseous all the time. After running blood tests they found my liver was "very angry". I asked about the Sprintec and was told it wasn't a contributing factor. After a month I quit taking it and immediately started feeling better. After a liver biopsy I was diagnosed with Drug Induced Liver Damage. Sprintec is terrible!"

UTALP (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I'm finishing up my third month of Sprintec. I'm 19 and had never taken birth control previously. The first few months I experienced the normal side effects - nausea in the morning, dizziness, feeling a bit out of it mentally. Sprintec has given me lighter periods but that is the only plus. Last month when I was halfway through my sugar pill week I began to feel extremely numb emotionally and unable to feel happy about anything, not even my long-term relationship. I couldn't shake the depression until I started my next pill pack. This month the depression is starting on my third row of active pills. If it continues I am going to the doctor to change meds. Never sacrifice your mental and emotional health for shorter periods and clearer skin."

Sad and Anxious (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I never wanted to be on birth control but I was bleeding for over a month so my doctor put me on it to stop it, it did within 2 days, which was great. When I first started taking this birth control I felt great and had normal periods, didn't get pregnant, but I am on my fourth month and I threw it away. Starting in the third month of taking it I started to feel crazy, I have been having such high anxiety and mood swings, I have absolutely no sex drive. The anxiety gets so bad and then turns into panic attacks. I didn't gain weight, but the hunger at first was so bad and no matter how much you eat, the hunger doesn't end. I am on day 2 of not taking it and I hope I start to get back to my normal self soon."

ammc4422 June 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "On close to my 2nd pack being done. I had a 2 week period that wouldn't stop then had one day of freedom now I'm back to stomach cramps and spotting which just started. I'm a pretty pissy person with that. It takes 3 months for your body to adjust but I didn't think I'd have a month long period Cramps also worse than they ever have been for me. Contacted my rep to figure out a plan because I can't keep having my period dictate my life. Tempted to stop them all together since everything was peachy before"

Bloovar (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Spintec isn't making me have mood swings or depressed but I've only been on it for three weeks and I've already gained 15 pounds and had really bad acne and dry skin which I never had before !"

weight gain ! (taken for less than 1 month) June 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I'm having the same issues as most on here. I'm taking them to control heavy periods and cramps, depression and being tired. I have to say it's helped the depression and the being tired but I'm still having heavy periods and cramping. Like others at the beginning I had weird on and off bleeding. I'm switching to something else to lessen the heavy periods."

AprilAB June 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "My doctor prescribed Sprintec to me because of cramps (like the type that make you throw up, wake you up in the middle of night, etc...). In terms of keeping my period away, Sprintec worked great! When I first started taking it, I kind of lost my appetite, and my acne disappeared. However! Before I started taking birth control, I had no mental health problems, the only time I felt sad was due to a bad grade or drama with friends. These days, I have severe depression, and have felt suicidal! If you have ANY sort of depression, no matter how severe, or if mental illness runs in your family, I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT!!!! It will only make your life miserable."

logannn (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I start my third pack of Sprintec tomorrow, and I've been thrilled with the results! I primarily take it to manage my acne since I get terrible cysts on my jaw and cheek all the time. After about a month and a half, I have only 2 tiny spots on my right cheek and no new breakouts (except those spots which got a little bigger during the off week then went back down). I also use a prescription lotion from Curology. Beware- The first month, my period went from 5 days to 7 with breakthrough bleeding for another week, followed by a 2 week period. Cramps weren't bad but bleeding was heavier. Skin maintained. I have been a bit moodier and gained some weight, but that's prob bc of stress. My breasts grew too so can't complain about that lol"

Battleangelx0x0 May 29, 2017