User Reviews for Sprintec

Gonadotropin InhibitionNot rated - Add rating1 review 75 medications
Summary of Sprintec reviews 5.7 1,019 reviews

Reviews for Sprintec

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month August 14, 2019

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I started taking Sprintec the 1st day of my period and stopped the 5th day once I realized I was still bleeding heavily! Today is day 8 and I’m still on my period. Worst birth control ever! Anyone know what i should do?"

Lyn · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 14, 2019

For Birth Control "I started taking Sprintec because I had really long periods (like I was bleeding for four months at one point) and doctors could not find a reason for it, so I took this pill and my period was regulated. I did not have many side effects while using but I recently stopped taking this pill (around April this year) and the side effects have been awful. I haven't had a period in two months (I'm not really complaining about this lol), mood swings galore! Sometimes I don't have an appetite and other times I want and can eat all day. My sex drive has been crazy high. I get really bad headaches and super irritable. So yes, I liked it because it did help my problem but at the same time, these coming-off effects are a little too much for me."

girl · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 6, 2019

For Birth Control "I have very mixed emotions about this pill. I began to take it because of my long and painful periods, and my first period on it was very light and easy, but as time went on they went back to normal and didn’t help much. The pill cleared up my acne so well! But I gained 10 pounds while taking it due to the crazy cravings it made me have. I decided to stop it due to the rapid weight gain and the stretch marks that gave me. Didn’t work the way I wanted it to but it may for someone else."

ValO · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 5, 2019

For Birth Control "I have been on sprintec for almost 3 years and have never had any problems. I completely helped with my cramps and cleared up my acne. My periods are on time every month. Love it!"

Kika · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 30, 2019

For Birth Control "Was put on Sprintec after Ortho Tri-Cyclen (and the other effective generics of it) was discontinued. My hormonal cystic acne came back, I gained some weight and I felt generally moody and anxious. The only positives were that it didn't give me yeast or dryness as my previous bc did. Gave it a solid 4 month trial but not worth the painful acne returning."

Klani0220 · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 30, 2019

For Birth Control "I kind of like it but also hate it. I didn’t have any side effects as far as breaking out, nausea, headaches etc which was great however it did give me upper lip melasma so I look like I have a mustache from the discoloration. I also had spotting a week before I was supposed to start the placebo pills and even after going back on the hormone pills, I would spot for several days after."

CA · Taken for less than 1 month July 29, 2019

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I've taken it for a month, I have NOT stopped bleeding, cramping, breaking out or being exhausted. I am going to stop the pill immediately."

Butterfly · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 27, 2019

For Birth Control "I’ve been on Sprintec for about 10 months. It gave me migraines with nausea to the point I’d throw up. I felt anxious most of the time and my heart was racing. It also killed my libido and it’s been 2 months since I stopped taking them and libido still hasn’t come back. I opted for the Fertility Awareness Method where you use cervical mucus, body temperature and cervical position to identify the 5-7 days when you’re fertile, and use protection during those days to avoid pregnancy. No headaches- nausea or anything I was feeling on the pill (except for the lack of libido...hope to get it back soon) For me it’s worth it! Feeling great!"

Kj · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 22, 2019

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I been on these Sprintec pills since April, I have fibroids and I have now been bleeding since June 14 2019 and the doctors are doing nothing about it. Doing research on birth control I have found they can make the tumors grow faster, mine have and I been bleeding for too long and still bleeding as I type. I need help..I am already struggling financially and spending money on something that's not helping is very depressing."

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 21, 2019

"I swear I’ve never been a moody swinging maniac until I started taking this birth control Sprintec. I would highly recommend using Mili instead of Sprintec. The Sprintec makes me feel awful ALL the time and makes me cry out of no where and be mad. It affected all of my friendships and my relationship at some point while taking this medication. As soon as I stopped taking it, I start feeling normal again. Do yourself a favor and DO NOT get this birth control."

Jhen July 18, 2019

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have always suffered from heavy bleeding since I was 16 and now I’m 39. I was put on Mirena IUD but had to have it replaced since it fell out twice. Was put on Sprintec about 8 months ago and have been spotting nonstop straight like a stuck pig in a butcher shop ever since. There have been times where I have had to change my Super + tampon and over night pad all at once with in 15mins because I bled so bad and almost fainted. I also have fibroids I have not been able to keep my appointments with my gynecologist and have to keep canceling my ultrasound/consultation for an hysterectomy due to the bleeding. And on top of this my new doctor said I should never have been put on Sprintec in the first place due to my high blood pressure. I hope this helps someone because I came here crying and fed up because I have no one else to relate to. Good luck ladies! "

Aries · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 14, 2019

For Birth Control "At the beginning, I loved Sprintec. For the first 2 months, I haven’t noticed any changes in my mood which was my biggest concern. My periods were regular and the pill did what it was supposed to do. However, around the third month is when everything began to change. My hormones would be through the roof before my period. Everything would make me mad and I would cry once a day. Gradually, those symptoms just began to spread out through every day and peak a week before I was supposed to get my period. I would be hungry all the time.My poor boyfriend couldn’t believe what was happening. I didn’t even recognize myself and I found myself apologizing over and over for crying and getting upset over everything. My boyfriend told me to just get off the pill. My feelings, well-being, and our relationship was not worth me taking it. We switched to another non hormonal birth control method. I’m back to normal now."

Acnegonewrong · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 14, 2019

For Birth Control "I started using Sprintec last April, I have breakthrough bleeding for the first two months, nauseous, terrible moodswings and acne breakouts all over my forehead mostly up to my chin and cheek. Have had my doctors appointment for reevaluation but she said it is but normal and the concentration was on my forehead which is typically not a nature of hormonal acne but the after three months of religiously taking the pill the acne just got worse and I am stopping the pill and changing my doctor as well."

Bbsss · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 11, 2019

For Birth Control "While it did what it was supposed to, which was to prevent pregnancy, it killed my sex drive. I’ve been off of it for 4-5 weeks and have had more sex with my husband, in that time, than I’ve had with him in the last 6 months!"

Youngster · Taken for less than 1 month June 28, 2019

For Birth Control "My cycles have been irregular ever since I started my periods. I would even have multiple periods in one month.. so I thought why not let’s try birth control and see if I can get my cycles regulated. BAD IDEA! I was put on Sprintec and I started bleeding and haven’t stopped bleeding for 23 days.. it’s not lightening up, and I’m miserable! Avoid this drug at all cost!"

xAcidKatt · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 28, 2019

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have done NOTHING but bleed while on the Sprintec Pill. I have bled, and bled, and bled, to the point where I needed to use Bladder Leakage pants to help with the bleeding, as I would go through Pads and tampons like CRAZY. I used a whole box of a 18 tampons in ONE day. (Super AND regular) they were both DRIPPING. (Tmi, I know) Honestly, This is the WORST medicine I have EVER taken for Birth control. Would NOT recommend to ANYONE. I don't even take the Sugar Pills!"

Kk · Taken for less than 1 month June 28, 2019

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "First time on Sprintec. I was previously on TriSprintec. First period being on this bc and I have never had cramping so bad in my life. I am also bleeding heavier than I ever have. I am having to change my tampon every hour to hour and a half at this point. I will be stopping this bc immediately because of this."

Cass · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 25, 2019

For Birth Control "I struggled with irregular periods ever since I started my period at 14, so at 18 I decided to go on birth control (also because I became sexual active). I've been on it for about 7 months now, and my experience has been overwhelmingly positive. For the first three months it made my emotions a little weird, my periods heavier, and my breasts tender, but now that my body is used to it I have 0 side effects whatsoever. No weight gain at all (in fact, I've lost a bit of weight), no decreased libido, no spotting or mood changes. It's also made my skin incredibly clear which is a nice plus. I love this birth control because it's worked so well for me."

BT June 24, 2019

For Birth Control "Just started Sprintec about two weeks ago. I get it for unwanted pregnancy/cystic acne. Day two on the pill and I was EXTREMELY nausea. I literally was crawling to the toilet and my stomach was doing back flips but I avoiding throwing up because it wouldn’t be effective then. I also was really. really hot even in an ice cold room. I’m trying to get through these first couple weeks so I can stay on it but it is a little rough on me. I cannot bear the stomach cramps and hot flashes I will sacrifice the side effect though instead of having a baby. I just wish I didn’t feel like death right now. I will continue to stick it out."

SKR June 23, 2019

For Birth Control "If I had rated it during my first 1-3 months, it most likely would have been a 3 or 4 at best. I had weight gain, increased acne, moodiness and bloating, oh the bloating! I stuck with it and I am really happy I did. Over the last six months, I’ve dropped the weight, my skin has cleared and although I still get a little moody before my period, I think that’s pretty normal whether on bcp’s or not. I take it religiously and it is the only form of birth control I use in my committed relationship. I have had no pregnancy scares. Bonus: FREE on my insurance, which is truly a blessing because I was paying $150 a month for Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo (which was a horror story for me). If this pill gives you problems in the beginning, consider waiting them out, because for me it truly did did get better each month."

Anon · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 21, 2019

For Birth Control "This is the first form of birth control my doctor prescribed to me and I wish I had just stayed away. I started birth control due to having abnormal periods (heavy flow, inconsistent periods, severe cramps) and to prevent pregnancy. I had no major problems in the first month, just minor cramps here and there. But then around week 3, I was so tired all the time. I saw consistent breakouts on my face (at least 10 zits a week), and I was EXTREMELY emotional. I figured all of this would go away after my first period on the pill but all the side effects got worse. Even my boyfriend took note of the changes and could tell I was not the same as before. After 2 months I am finally switching pills and could not be more excited"

woman123 · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 19, 2019

For Birth Control "I had been taking the Sprintec birth control for about 2 years. It worked well for me and iIdidn’t have many side effects (or so I thought), then about 6 months in I started to develop symptoms that I thought were unrelated (hair loss, flaky skin, weight loss, fatigue). About a year later I went to the doctor complaining about these symptoms and I got blood work done. My TSH level was an 8 (which is awfully high)! I went back for blood work a second and third time after I stopped the birth control & my TSH was normal. It has now been 6 months since I've been off this pill and all of my thyroid disease symptoms have gone away! I never knew your thyroid could be thrown off by birth control so be careful with this pill!!"

Short · Taken for less than 1 month June 19, 2019

For Birth Control "I’ve tried taking sprintec twice and both times it has caused me severe anxiety to the point that I went to the ER because I wasn’t able to calm myself down. It messed with my anxiety and depression horribly, I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy. I will never ever take it or any hormonal birth control again."

RJ7260 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 17, 2019

For Birth Control "When I first started Sprintec it made me bleed for an entire month straight but I read the reviews and was aware this might happen. After that I had shorter and lighter periods and was on a regular schedule but unfortunately that was short lived. The last few months I have done nothing but spot for weeks in a row. It is such an interruption and so annoying. Because of this I will be changing brands. Overall, it was a ok-I've had worst experiences with other brands but I can't handle spotting for 2 weeks at a time each month."

sam June 17, 2019

For Birth Control "This saved me from the horrible cystic acne I was beginning to get! Everyone would ask me how my face got so clear and smooth. This birth control gave me no side effects except for the first 1 month or two, which was bloating. The bloating wasn't that bad but it would happen at random times of the day. I have had no problem with this birth control except for when I skip the placebo to skip a period, I spot. The spotting is more like a really light period but it never ends. I've been taking Sprintec for a year and I have been light bleeding or "spotting" ever since. There was only 1 time where I wasn't bleeding, which was the 2nd or 3rd month. I've gotten used to it but I'm currently looking for an alternative because I know this is not normal. Other than that, it's a great birth control! I had no side effects or issues. My hair grew & got stronger, skin got clear, and my boobs grew a bit. I would recommend. Not really if you're trying to skip periods, you might bleed everyday like me."