User Reviews for Sprintec

6.4

25 reviews
Summary of Sprintec reviews 5.8 798 reviews

Reviews for Sprintec

For Birth Control "I've been taking Sprintec for almost a year now. This is the second time I've taken this medication, I like it because I've gotten terrible side effects from other forms of birth control but not from Sprintec, so I thought. Sprintec does a great job of preventing pregnancy which is why I take it. My side effects include crazy weight gain (I stopped getting on the scale) and absolutely no sex drive what so ever( I still can't explain this to my unreceptive husband). It took a while for me to realize that I was even having any side effects. After a few arguments with my husband because of lack of sexual desire and numbers on the scale not matching my eating habits I did some research online and, ding ding ding, it all makes sense now. My husband and I have 6 children so more babies is not an option. My plan is to have a tubal ligation in the next month or so so that I can have some sort of normalcy with my body."

Crazy Weight Gain (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 11, 2018

For Birth Control "While everyone's bodies deal with birth controls completely different, I have been on this birth control for a little over two months, and I honestly haven't had any problems besides some break through bleeding right before I'm supposed to get my period which I assume will go away as I keep taking it. I have realized that my boobs are getting a little bit bigger, but I have no bloating, my skin in great, and I don't have problems with feeling hungry all the time like I did while being on microgestin."

Claire (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 10, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been taking sprintec for 5 months now. It’s my first birth control pill and only for a week it helped with acne and cramps. I gained 10 pounds the first 3 months on the pill and I have extreme anxiety because of the pill. The cramps came back and acne decreased but still exists. I don’t recommend this pill"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 9, 2018

For Birth Control "I been using this pill for 3 months now. They discontinue my previous pills which is suppose to be equivalent to sprintec. My period is on for 3 weeks and off for 1 out of a month. The first two weeks I’m just no stop almost spotting cause it’s super light. Then the third week my period is on the whole week. I have not had a period for 7 days in years. Is anyone else having this issue. Has anyone used the rod that goes in the arm. Two people said don’t get it. What else is great to get besides the pills. Nuva ring I tried but didn’t like it. Mirina IUD I had for four years never for a period but spotted 3 times before. But my husband can feel that. I need something to regulate my period. Any suggestions?"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 8, 2018

For Birth Control "Well I have been on this BC for years, I am 30 years old recently married. Now everything was fine for a long time until recently where I've been feeling out of whack with my hormones. Now with that being said our bodies change every 7- 10 years so anything can change. Recently I have been having crazy anxiety and depressed like feelings cant seem to shake it off. Now I do have anxiety ( who doesn't? ) but lately it has been crazy making me think I am crazy to the point where I even made an appointment with a psychiatrist cause I was getting scared. Then someone mentioned that it could be your BC so I came home and looked this up and it all makes sense to me. I have been having NO APPETITE AT ALL and NO SEX DRIVE. I am stopping this BC completely giving my body a break from any and all BC's. This pill is not worth risking any health issue especially mental health.. I wish I noticed this earlier."

ANGEL (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 5, 2018

For Birth Control "This is the worst birth control. I was on another brand until insurance wouldn't cover any longer, was told this was the same thing. It is NOT. I have never had such severe anxiety and depression in my life. Lightheaded every day, out of it and foggy brain, tired, cranky, nauseous. I feel as though I don't control my own mind and body any more. Stopped taking last week and am hoping the side effects go away soon. Please listen to me when I say, do not take this one - it will mess up your hormones and has the worst side effects of any birth control on the market."

Anna (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 3, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been taking this BC for years now (maybe 8 years), it was the second one I tried and I'm still on it. I take it because with out it I have horrible cramps that make me just want to die, but sprintec leaves me with little to no cramps. Also, it's done it's job of not getting me pregnant, lol. The only down side I've had, which is a MAJOR downside, is that it's made me extremely depressed. I didn't realize it was the BC until I stopped taking it for a few months and felt so much better. I got back on it after a few months and was back to the depression. I suggest not taking this is you have any history if depression or anxiety, or really any bad self-harming thoughts."

L (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 28, 2018

For Birth Control "I never leave reviews, but after reading all the negative reviews of Sprintec. I had to share my honest experience. I've been talking Sprintec for 2yrs. At first I would feel nausea, my doctor recommended I took @ night before bed. Doing that helped with the nausea. Also you must take this pill@ the same time everyday or you will experience the break through bleeding. This is due to it being such a low dose BC pill. I love it. It definitely has helped clear my skin of acne. I can't say I gained weight since being on the pill, because I work out regularly."

Shelly (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 24, 2018

For Birth Control "This BC has been the worst experience and the worst I’ve ever taken. I’ve had severe anxiety, depression (history of depression and have been taking meds for it years), insomnia, no sex drive, weight gain, and had a period every two weeks. I took it for 4 months and I’m done. Can’t wait til these side effects subside back to normal. This is torture"

Skye1234 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 23, 2018

For Birth Control "If you have a history of depression or anxiety please don't take this pill. I started this pill in November and noticed a HUGE difference in my mood and motivation this semester in college. My mood would literally change 4 times a day. Sometimes I wouldn't get out of bed. It made my periods a little shorter but I still bled a lot and had cramps. It made me gain maybe 5 pounds which I was fine with because I'm thin. It did clear my skin and I feel like it made my hair and nails grow faster but I'm not sure. If you don't have any mental health issues and you just want to use it for birth control maybe it will work for you."

jp12 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 20, 2018

For Birth Control "I was put on Tri Sprintec at the age of 13 (Irregular periods) and it helped for the most part. For about the first two years, I had no problems. No acne, very tolerable periods, etc. However, my weight shot up to about 175-180ish and would not go back down, regardless of vigorous exercise. By the time I went back to the doctor to switch medications to Sprintec, I mentioned the fact that I've gained all this weight with no changes in exercise and even a bigger decrease in food intake. She told me "the medication doesn't cause that." SO... I continued for another year on Sprintec, and my weight has gone up yet again to around 200. I've read the comments on this webpage because I am finally getting around to researching. Lots of stories I can relate to like irregularity, spotting, headaches, fatigue, hyper-anxiety, severe weight gain (40lbs for me). Definitely going to quit taking it soon."

MeRn:) March 20, 2018

For Birth Control "Did not like this pill. Started this pill at 140 lbs 5’4. I’ve been on it for a MONTH and am already at 152 with my normal workout routine and average diet. With my height this weight makes me feel awful. I weirdly have no appetite but still gain weight. I have generalized anxiety and it was finally getting better until I started taking sprintec. My mood swings are crazy and even the smallest things set me off. I have noticed my skin gets irritated easily and sometimes I am so bloated it’s painful. My vagina is constantly dry and I have no sex drive. Don’t take this pill"

Gigi V (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 19, 2018

For Birth Control "I hate this pill I didn’t want to get on birth control because I heard of all of the bad side effects my period is the same 5 days as before just no cramps and honestly it’s because I drink water. I been on it for 8 months and before I was on this I weighed 118lb I now weigh 135lb and I eat way healthier and work out more than I did before. My acne is still the same and I am now under mild depression I cry over everything I do not recommend this pill ...."

Ky (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 18, 2018

For Birth Control "Sprintec does what it says it will do, control birth. The side effects are horrible. I’ve experienced weight gain (that wasn’t so bad), very bad mood swings, decreased sex drive ( wasn’t good for my fiancé), heart palpitations, severe depression, headaches and dizziness on occasions. I’ve been taking them for about 7 Months now and I’m on my last row in the pack and I’m not going to refill on them. Every woman’s experience is different but pay attention when many say the same things about Sprintec. I’m thick in all the right places but I feel like garbage."

CeeCee March 18, 2018

For Ovarian Cysts "I started taking sprintec about 2 months ago. I suffer from Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS). At first I refused any form of birth control but after not having a period for 3 months and entirely overwhelmed from all the symptoms from PCOS I gave in and boy am I happy I made this decision. Since taking sprintec I have slightly to no symptoms from PCOS I feel back to myself and my periods are on track again. "

Tilly (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 16, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on sprintec since about October and since then have had increased anxiety issues along with severe nausea, and even hair loss. Obviously everyone’s body will react different but I can 100% say I will be switching to a different pill."

Meg (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 14, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I'm prone to very painful, heavy periods and this birth control made them much lighter. My cramps were still bad, and my periods got longer (from 2-3 days to 4-5) but much lighter. The best thing about this medicine for me is that it's extremely easy to regulate when/if you get your period while taking it. I didn't experience any weight gain or unusual breakouts, and now after 3 months of use I'm noticing my skin is clearing up nicely. This is the only pill I've tried but so far I'm happy with it."

Anonymous March 14, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Do not try this birth control. I was put on the pill because I have god awful PMS and when I started college, my hormones went crazy and I started getting my period every 2 weeks (can you imagine). I began to develop a very mild form of cystic acne on my cheeks so my doctor decided to put me on Sprintec. While it did a great job regulating my cycle and lightening my period, it made me look like a monster... as in cystic acne all over my cheeks. I could barely stand to look in the mirror. Keep in mind prior to this year I had NEVER had acne in my life, not even 1-2 mild breakouts. So you can imagine my anxieties when every day, despite my best skin care efforts I had painful cysts all over. I decided to take myself off the pill and my face gradually cleared but unfortunately, I was left with horrible scaring (now being treated with Tretinoin), and I'm back to the 2 week cycle and horrible PMS. My doctor decided to switch me to Yaz, so I am hoping for the best!"

Jackie March 13, 2018

For Birth Control "Aside from its effectiveness as a birth control, I have clearer skin and the endometriosis pains I suffer from disappear. Periods are lighter as well."

Andrea (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 6, 2018

For Birth Control "I took Sprintec for three weeks before my boyfriend threw them in the trash because they were making me so sick. This pill completely destroyed me. I was so weak and all I wanted to do was sleep and cry. I was nauseous yet hungry at the same time, it was the weirdest experience ever. I am very happy to be getting my body back to the way it was pre-sprintec"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 5, 2018

For Ovarian Cysts "I would not recommend this to anyone. Despite very healthy eating and exercise, I gained ten pounds a month on this medication. I've aways been slim prior to this, and completely stopped gaining weight a couple of weeks after I quit taking Sprintec. It's taken 8 months off it, to get back to my normal weight. In addition to this, I experienced extreme depression."

4765 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 3, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I had really irregular periods before, I would go months without getting a period and when I got one I would bleed heavily and for a long time. The longest was 13 days. I never had any side effects with my periods before I started taking this birth control. This is the second month I’ve been on it, and I just got it refilled for the start of the third month which starts tomorrow. I take the pill every morning. The first month I started taking the pill, I was on my period for 3 weeks straight. I was vomiting, having severe cramps, I had depression, horrible mood swings, increased fatigue. Name a symptom, I had it. It got to the point where it was so bad, I had to stay home one day because I couldn’t move due to the amount of pain I was in. I changed my pants about 4 times that day, and couldn’t walk around without a bunch of blood running down my legs. The second month was okay at first, but now I’ve been on my period for 2 weeks, and I still have all the horrible symptoms."

missann February 28, 2018

For Birth Control "This birth control messed up my hormones and insulin levels so badly that I cannot lose the weight it caused me to gain. I'm a very small, extremely active girl. I was 5'2" and 108lb when I started this pill. In three months my weight sky rocketed to 116lb I got off the pill and my weight only increased to 119 lbs…keep in mind how short I am, so yes, this is a big difference. I eat clean, I run three miles A DAY yet weight won't move. Do not take this pill."

CR (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 27, 2018

For Birth Control "I started Sprintec in March 17 and have been on it ever since. So far I’ve had good and bad experiences with it. I do get dry down there, my sex drive is sometimes low, and my mood is all over the place at times. Although it has been good about lightening my period and my cramps are not as bad, my face is clear for the most part besides when I start my period. Overall, I would get this product. Just be aware of what side effects can happen."

Anon97 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 23, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "So I’ve been taking this pill since I was 16 now I’m 18 I skipped one period last month now it’s February I’ve been bleeding for literally 2 weeks! I feel hopeless now seeing the reviews I know it’s the pill. How can I bleed for 14 Days!"

Cece19 February 18, 2018