User Reviews for Sprintec

Learn more about Sprintec.

Ovarian Cysts 20 reviews 55 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 42 reviews 169 medications

4.7
Summary of Sprintec reviews 599 reviews 6.0

Reviews for Sprintec

For Birth Control "I have been taking Sprintec for about two years. The first day of my period is still slightly painful, but the pill is extremely effective. My boyfriend finishes inside of me every time we have sex for almost a year now and I have yet to get pregnant."

Chelsea10 January 17, 2017

For Birth Control "The first month starting this pill was TERRIBLE. I had an extremely heavy period that actually freaked me out because I lost so much blood. I also experienced the worst nausea and it even caused me to throw up one night. Though it was a terrible start, I stuck with it and now I have been on the same pill for over a year. I experienced a small amount of weight gain and my breasts also became bigger. The pill definitely does its job at protecting you from having babies (if taken correctly). I get very sick when I miss a pill and take it the next morning. I am VERY moody the next day and feel terrible. Overall, this pill is okay after the first month. I've never been on any other pill so i don't really have anything to compare it to either"

Anon1993242342 January 16, 2017

For Birth Control "I took Sprintec for about a year and experienced decreased sex drive and mood swings. Just didn't really feel like myself. Once I stopped, my sex drive went way up and and I felt normal again."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 11, 2017

For Birth Control "Huge breakout in the beginning. Subsided and all was good- until the anxiety and depression hit me like a truck. Could not for the life of me figure out why I was so anxious to the point of not sleeping, and crying all the time. Going back to my doctor to get something else. Yikes."

Yikes!! January 10, 2017

For Birth Control "Please be careful. After being on this high estrogen based pill, I am 36 and just diagnosed with breast cancer. The non hormonal IUD would probably be better. Having ten kids would be better."

Screwed36 January 9, 2017

For Birth Control "I went onto Sprintec after my 2nd child as they no longer made my original birth control. I was on it for over a year. No terrible side effects, a little weight gain. Near the middle of that year periods started getting heavy and would just start flowing suddenly even though they were still on schedule. I spoke with my doctor and she recommended trying something different. I was happy on Sprintec for a while but do not want to continue having heavy flows so will be trying something different."

Mo gal (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 8, 2017

For Birth Control "Every been on Sprintec for approximately 3 years. I experienced extreme nausea initially, until I learned it's best to take the medication at night. My mild acne subsided significantly and still to this day seems non-existent. Everything seemed to be great with this pill until the last 6 months or so. My sex drive has taken a nose dive. Also, mood swings have become way too frequent. It's like I can't shake this dark cloud. One day I'm feeling a tad better and then I'm down again. Although this pill has been great physically, it's not worth my emotional health. I will more than likely have my doctor prescribe something else."

Sexless in Seattle (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 8, 2017

For Birth Control "Just started taking these pills a few weeks ago. Am on the placebo pills part of the pack now. Period has not started yet. Side effects I've been experiencing: fatigue, nausea(non-stop), slight cramping, acne breakouts(which I've never had an issue with before), fuller breasts, very sore/tender breasts, and my period has yet to start. However, I did have unprotected sex within the first 7 days of starting the pill. So, my symptoms could be signs of early pregnancy or adverse side effects of the pill. Will update in a few days."

KayPep January 7, 2017

For Birth Control "(See previous review) The worst symptoms were: I began to feel delusional and crazy to the point where I thought about going to the hospital because of the severe mood swings and loss of reality. I was depressed constantly after I started taking this pill. I was crying uncontrollably non stop. My family was extremely concerned because I am normally a very happy, positive, and ambitious person. Again, I do NOT recommend this birth control. STAY AWAY."

Kendallinmn January 5, 2017

For Birth Control "I had clean, clear skin before I started taking this. I'm done with a months worth so far and noticed that I'm slightly breaking out. But I'm glad it enabled me to have my period the first month, that helps drain out the toxins from my body and that's also how I knew it was working. I also took a pregnancy test to make sure it was working and so far a success. It does it's job in preventing pregnancy when taken correctly. I'm hoping my slight breakouts will subside overtime."

elle9o January 4, 2017

For Birth Control "I've been on this medication for about 6 years. Its fine at first, then everything just gets awful. The two positives are my skin stays clear, although my skin has never been prone to acne, and I've never gotten pregnant. Also, it never caused weight gain for me. Aside from that, I wouldn't recommend. I feel so depressed all of the time and my anxiety is through the roof. All I want to do is sleep. Not to mention my sex drive is completely nonexistent. It gets 4/10 because it does its job as birth control effectively as long as you take it correctly. But what does the effectiveness matter if you never have the drive to have sex. Looking for a dependable alternative that works and won't cause weight gain or acne so I can stop taking this"

Pros&cons (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 4, 2017

For Birth Control "Definitely not a fan. After being on it a full month I've experienced EXTREMELY low sex drive. This is coming from someone who typically enjoys sex. Now I view it more as a chore. Low energy, low mood. Headaches... the only thing that it did prevent was pregnancy! But I'm pretty sure it does that by making you never want to have sex in the first place."

sabdina (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 3, 2017

For Birth Control "I was so afraid to go on birth control, because I always heard about weight gain and acne. I recently got on it just because I'm intimate with my boyfriend and wanted to be extremely safe and I must say sprintec is amazing. The only issue I had that really got to me was I was on my period the first month for two weeks it made me really sick because the amount of blood I lost but I took it easy. I get the occasional break out before my period which is completely normal. Other than that my skin is seriously so clear! I get the same symptoms before my period, sore breasts, acne and occasional cravings. But surprisingly this makes me not want to eat and I've actually lost weight. Lastly, there's been no pregnancy scares or babies on the way. "

CMarieS January 3, 2017

For Birth Control "When first beginning this medication, I experienced nausea, the first month only. I've been taking this medication for over a year now and I'm very happy with it. No problem with acne at all, just body hair growth. I don't have any cramping or breast tenderness either."

StaceyC54 December 30, 2016

For Birth Control "TERRIBLE. When I skipped the placebos and began my 2nd pack, and my forehead exploded in acne within the first 3 days, and several painful cysts formed. I've been getting way more hormonal cysts since I first began Sprintec, one even on my upper lip and underneath my brow but this was the last straw. SIX CYSTS are now on my chin that I had to get injected today, because I couldn't even open my mouth to eat or smile. Fun, right? I also have 3 nasty pustules around my mouth. Please, put the Sprintec down and back away slowly before you get hurt!"

asp1079 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 30, 2016

For Birth Control "I previously used Mono-Linyah. I somehow end up with this one when my insurance changed, and had to go to a different retail. I shouldn't even be charged at all. Since I do notice slightly I am having some weird effect if I do not take this pill right on time. Those are period going off balance, and the pimples on my arm seem to appear more often so it's doesn't do well as Mono-Linyah take care of that. So, for me, it's just a 9/10."

GreenTrees2016 (taken for less than 1 month) December 29, 2016

For Birth Control "I just started my 3rd cycle of the sprintec pills. This is my experience. 1st month: nausea, emotional, sensitive breasts, and terrible acne. 2nd: acne flare-up at the beginning of the month and similar symptoms to first month. 3rd:another acne flare-up, this time the break-out is worser than month 2. For me the biggest problem is the acne. I have struggled with acne my whole life, so it's nothing new to deal with. However, the worse experience I had with acne was when I was 13-15 years old; on sprintec, my skin has reversed itself to my teenage years -- maybe even a little worse. I talked with my dermatologist and physician and both told me to stay optimistic about the future of my skin - saying clearer skin comes around month 4."

Unknown462 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 25, 2016

For Birth Control "75.000$ hospital bill I was on sprintec for less than a year when I one day fainted. I was taken to the er and was UNCONSCIOUS for 3 HOURS. After CT scans and MRIs they found out I had blood clots in my lungs literally blocking oxygen going to my brain and a blood clot in my HEART. I was in the ICU for a week and had to give myself shots in my stomach twice a day for 9 months. Now I'm on blood thinners for the rest of my life. Thanks sprintec. Never use this drug."

Erikajayde55 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 24, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been taking the pill for about 3 weeks now . At first I was breaking out on my face but it's going away, the only negative thing I can really say is that I'm always hungry and craving junk food and soda ...I've only had sex once since I've been on it but used condom afraid not to use condom I just had a baby..not expensive !"

Lala D December 24, 2016

For Birth Control "I don't understand.. this pill is terrible. I recently got married and have been taking this pill for about two weeks, and I'm quitting immediately. Tender breasts (which is not a big complaint), and also depression-like symptoms. I've read some people saying they were prescribed anti-depressants while taking this pill, which is absolutely ridiculous and no one should have to do that. Also, I feel tired all the time and my sex drive is completely gone. It's been causing some real strain because my husband was under the impression that I'm all of a sudden not attracted to him anymore. It's also made me nauseous most days. I don't know what is in this crap, but I'm staying away."

Avoid December 23, 2016

For Birth Control "From the first month until 6 month that I took the pills I have experienced the worst migraine ever. The migraines were so horrible it make me throw up every time. These migraines will last up to three days if I'm lucky if I'm not lucky it will last up to a whole week. It took my four months to realize it was the pills because I was so sick from the pills I stop taking it for a week. After that my migraine went away and came back right away after taking it. I just stop taking the pills after that and switched over. However ever since taking the sprintec I will occasionally get the same sickening migraine but it will be one day of the month now. It has been six months since and I am still having migraines due to taking the sprintec."

Thoj (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 19, 2016

For Birth Control "I was on Sprintec for just over a week, back in February, and I had the worse allergic reaction ever. I had very bad abdominal pain to the point I couldn't move and had to go to the ER, due to not knowing what was wrong. They attempted a pelvic exam and couldn't even do that because it was so painful due to inflammation in the lower area. This is the first birth control I've ever been on and I'm honestly afraid to try another one."

Asheriin December 16, 2016

For Birth Control "Went on this birth control and within the first week I was throwing up EVERYTHING I would eat. I was constantly dizzy and had horrible headaches. I was never eating yet I felt extremely fat. My boobs are super sensitive. No sex drive . No spotting but I am extremely moody and I got on the pill to help my face stay clear, but all it has done is make my face break out extremely bad. I don't know if I should stay on this pill or drop it it has only been around a month so I am hoping the side effects will go away but if they keep happening , I will be switching."

Ashlyn123003 December 15, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on sprintec for over a year. I have had no problems with it and haven't gotten pregnant:) We don't even use condoms. Only issue I had with sprintec was when I first started taking it I would throw up because I wasn't used to this type of medication. One year later everything seems to be fine!"

Dani iiiii December 11, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on Sprintec for about a year and it's okay. My skin is absolutely perfect, but it has made me extremely emotional to the point where I can cry just thinking about something sad (something that would never happen to me before taking these pills) and my anxiety is just constantly on. I'm glad to see that I am not the only one with these severe emotional symptoms coming from this pill."

f50m6 December 9, 2016