User Reviews for Sprintec

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding

Gonadotropin InhibitionNot rated - Be the first1 review 75 medications
Summary of Sprintec reviews 5.7 979 reviews

Reviews for Sprintec

For Birth Control "I’ve been on Sprintec pill for 3 years now. I was suffering from horrible cystic acne and tiny white head like bumps all around my chin. My doctor prescribed me Sprintec for my acne spots I remember in the beginning I was a mess. I broke out even more and had the CRAZIEST mood swings mixed with depression. I stuck through it though and eventually my acne and mood swings subsided... however one week before my period I have an occasional breakout and mood swings. But once my period starts I feel “normal” again. My periods have become a lot shorter also. It took awhile but Sprintec works for me."

Hyobzz (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 17, 2019

For Birth Control "I was prescribed Sprintec since my last birth control pill completely killed my skin but I am so happy with what Sprintec has done for my skin . My only side effect is nausea- and lack of appetite. The other day I full on threw up my lunch just from nausea. I am super athletic and training for a triathlon so the nausea sometimes makes it difficult to eat. Other than that my breasts are a bit more swollen... everything else is amazing!!!! Very happy with Sprintec- glad to have my clear skin back and my sanity back."

Nessness1990 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 12, 2019

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "So I started Sprintec the second day of my period (the first day was mainly just spotting, and the second day was a Sunday) anyways, I’ve only been taking it about 12 days now, and I’m exhausted. All the time. I mean I’m usually constantly tired, but I need a nap after going up the stairs. I also have been having brown bleeding for a week after my period. So it’s like I’ve been on my period two weeks. I usually have good skin, and now my face is starting to break out all over. My boobs are sore, but their enhancing so I’m taking that as a “beauty is pain” lol. I stay bloated a lot. I'm not too sure how to feel about it honestly."

Lindyloo (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2019

For Birth Control "Overall the Sprintec pill did what it was supposed to, prevent pregnancy. However, I never had a yeast infection until I was on this birth control pill and I had a long three year cycle of yeast and BV infections then when my doctor took me off the Sprintec I haven't had any problems since. While on Sprintec just taking an antibiotic would cause a yeast infection that takes more than a week to heal. I also noticed while I was on this pill weight gain was extremely easy and extremely hard to loose weight. I was also bloated at the end of everyday. I know our bodies are not all the same but little things that you wouldn’t suspect to be your birth controls fault just could be."

EllisG (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 9, 2019

For Birth Control "I’ve been on Sprintec for longer that 10 years and it’s been great. No side effects at all"

Cjo123 (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 9, 2019

For Birth Control "The Sprintec birth-control has great benefits, it has really helped clear up my skin that’s really the main reason I’m taking it. But I’m getting off of it because the hormones have caused BV to return. I wish I could stay on it !"

Stargazer (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 7, 2019

For Birth Control "I've been on Sprintec for about 2 years and I'm finally switching. It wasn't horrible and really cleared up my skin. But it ruined my appetite to the point where I was consistently nauseous. At first I thought I had a stomach infection, but I was always feeling like I was going to vomit. The nausea never went away so I'm hoping a new pill will help with that. Maybe I just have a weak stomach but the pill definitely made it worse."

MandyG (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 4, 2019

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Just started it a month ago so not in my system long but I have really sore breasts and enlargement. I have had breakthrough spotting the entire time and fourth week period came but lighter than usual. Loss of appetite extreme. I’m never hungry. It’s kinda scary how much I don’t eat and really bloated in afternoon or night."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 26, 2019

For Birth Control "Sprintec was good for me at first but I started having lots of break through bleeding and period days would change for 5 days to 7 then to 8. Sometimes I would get 2 periods in one month. I had ovarian cysts and they didn’t help them go away. My acne would get good then get horrible. This pill wasn’t for me"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 26, 2019

For Birth Control "So honestly I’ve never really had any bad experiences with birth control and I haven’t really with this one either. The 2 things that kind of annoy me though are the fact that I’m not supposed to have a period by skipping the placebo pills yet I spot everyday and it’s super inconvenient because I always have to wear a panty liner. I was never an eater before this pill but now I eat all the time and I feel like I’ve gained some weight but it’s honestly nice to feel hungry haha."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 22, 2019

For Birth Control "If you choose to take sprintec, be very cautious about yeast infections. I got a terrible one that wouldn’t go away with time less than a month into taking sprintec. My gyno said she often takes people off sprintec because of this. I also broke out terribly along my jaw, cheeks, and chest (a major reason i take BC is to calm down my hormonal acne). I also got more anxious than ever which usually doesn’t happen to me. Monitor EVERYTHING when taking sprintec. It took me weeks to realize what was the cause of my terrible month!"

nels (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 22, 2019

For Birth Control "My doctor recommended I take sprintec to regulate my estrogen levels and to regulate my period. I began taking it around 5 years ago. During my time with the pill I had a regular period which is what was the aim by my doctors, but I was never informed of any side effects. During the time I took this pill I began to have increasingly severe symptoms which I did not realize were from the pill. I gained weight easily, lost a lot of body hair, and the most notable side effect was the intense mood swings. I have a history of depression and if you do as well I highly suggest avoiding this medication. It made my depression so severe I was having breakdowns every night and my downs were so intense I considered committing myself. I have stopped taking it 2 months ago, and this month I have noticed a dramatic increase in my emotional stability. No other life events have changed. I was never informed this could be a side effect of the birth control and I really wish I would have stopped sooner."

Beep April 17, 2019

For Birth Control "I’ve been on Sprintec pill for almost 3 years! I have no side effects! I love it. At the beginning there was a little bit of breakthrough bleeding but just for the first month."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 16, 2019

For Birth Control "I’ve been using sprintec for a year now and for the most part it has been good. I first started with nausea for the first two days but then they were gone. After 4 months into the pill I started gaining weight but I was also eating more than usual and not exercising so I don’t blame the pill. As in this year, I gained 15 pounds but exercising has helped me lose that weight at the moment I lost 7 pounds now! It also cleared my skin I never had acne to begin with but it has made it look better. It also helped with the migraines and cramps I got during my period cycle they are less painful. In my opinion it wouldn’t hurt to try."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 14, 2019

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I just started taking Sprintec 2 weeks ago and in the beginning I was fine no cramps or anything. I am on my second week taking this birth control and all I have done is bleed. Also since being on Sprintec my cramps have gotten a million times worse. I would not even recommend this to my worst enemy...."

Coffeee_lover456 (taken for less than 1 month) April 12, 2019

For Birth Control "I was on Sprintec for 2 years and it worked great! Did not get pregnant and my period was extremely regular and lasted about 5-7 days. I’ve recently started taking Lyza (progestin only pill, Norethindrone 0.35 mg) and I’m on month 3 and I want to go back to Sprintec! I have a lot of bleeding in between my period and my last period lasted two weeks!! Over it!"

LinzMorris (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 12, 2019

For Birth Control "Although this medicine prevented pregnancy, I've had two pregnancy scares in 6 months due to the side effects of this pill. Nausea, exhaustion to the point of leaving work to nap, swollen breasts and nipples, bloating, cramping two weeks before period and still during period, headaches, waking up sweaty at night, white discharge and heartburn. All the symptoms of pregnancy, but my period came at the exact time it always does and my cramps are normal. Please be cautious. I told my co-worker that I would be willing to stop having sex until I was married if this meant not having these scares and feeling miserable on this medicine."

Beware (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 10, 2019

For Birth Control "I really like Sprintec overall. I used to take a different birth control but I switched to this and I’m happy with the results. I used to have really heavy periods, to the point where I’d wear the heavy overnight pads 24/7. After taking this, it has lightened my period and made my period only last 3 days instead of 5."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 10, 2019

For Ovarian Cysts "Sprintec was my worst experience with birth control. I experienced: Migraines/Headaches Dizziness Upset Stomach Horrible Mood swings/ depression difficulty sleeping Hair Patches missing/ Alopecia This was truly a nightmare, I do not recommend at all. I was shocked that birth control could cause all of these problems. I usually take ortho-cyclen which is supposedly another generic and have no side effects with that medication but it has been discontinued, I am searching for a better match. If you experience any side effects, please stop taking immediately, I only took it for 1 month and experienced all of these issues."

LifeSkills (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 9, 2019

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I got on this pill because I had non stop bleeding and of course before taking this I read every single review and almost every single review was bad. But I had no choice I had to get on it because I was on the verge of becoming anemic. I also have acne, mild acne but I wasn’t taking it to help my acne, if it would to help It would be a plus. So I’ve been on Sprintec for 4 weeks and honestly I have nothing bad to say. The only thing is that the first 2 weeks my skin did get really bad but 1 week later my skin cleared up beautifully. Usually my skin stays clear for like 3 days then I’d start breaking out again but my skin has been clear for like two weeks. I have no other side affects at all. For the purpose of it to help regulate my period I stopped bleeding for a while but I’m bleeding again, but the nurse said it might take a while to regulate so I’m waiting on that."

Lizzzcm April 9, 2019

For Birth Control "I was on Sprintec for 9 months and finally decided to stop taking it. On the good side, I had very light periods and no cramping, but sometimes my period would be all over the place and come twice in one month. The negative side of things was depression, and lots of sadness and mood swings. Basically an emotional rollercoaster. I've stopped taking it for good but if you are taking it and feel great on it then that is good too! Just thought I'd share my personal experience with you."

mellen (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 8, 2019

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I’ve been on Sprintec for about 6 years now and I would never choose anything different. I’ve been on 4 different types of the pill previously and this one works wonderfully for me. My breasts did grow a whole cup, my periods are short and regular, and I haven’t had acne my whole adult life because of sprintec. No more mood swings either! Kinda sad when I’m going to have to go off of it eventually!"

Amcky4 (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 5, 2019

For Birth Control "I tried so hard to like this pill, but I can't stomach it anymore ... literally. I have horrible acid reflux from it, which has gotten progressively worse each month. I can barely eat toast, rice and bland/lean meals without having a severe stomach acid flare-up. Pros: it's a crazy cheap pill and I did not gain weight. I actually was able to lose 15 pounds without trying (HUGE for me, since PCOS packed 45 pounds onto my small frame in ~two years in my mid-20s and I'm newly 30). Cons: my breasts have shrunken a full cup size; hair started falling out in clumps within the first week; nails are brittle and break easily; periods are just as painful and crampy as my pre-pill days; cystic acne has gotten much worse than not being on a pill; and my hirsutism isn't improving. I'm done with Sprintec. I can't wait to go back to Yaz or Yasmin in a week, and get my stomach back to normal!"

hello_beansprout98 April 4, 2019

For Birth Control "On my 7th pack at the moment and Sprintec is doing wonders as a BC pill. I don't have any side effects aside from maybe mood swings but I’d rather deal with that than an unwanted pregnancy."

Chels (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 4, 2019

For Birth Control "Yeah this birth control sucked for me. I went on Sprintec for only three months but I gained about 15 pounds, was constantly bloated and anxious, broke out (and I don’t usually break out), my periods did not become any shorter and my cramps did not become any less bad and my sex drive disappeared, and I also lost hair. Please do your research because going through this and having to lose the weight is not worth it just to be protected from pregnancy when there are better pills out there, you can find one that works great for you while doing that. For some, this may work but this was awful for me."

em123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 3, 2019