User Reviews for Sprintec

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Sprintec.

Ovarian Cysts
6.5

Birth Control

Endometriosis

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
3.9

Summary of Sprintec reviews 5.6 735 reviews

Reviews for Sprintec

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I am going on my third pack and I will say so far this has been God sent for me! I struggle with severe cramps (which interrupted my day to day activities), heavy bleeding, and my periods could last up to 7 days. The past two periods have only been 4 days, extremely light (compared to running through super plus tampons every other hour), and my cramps are no where near what I was experiencing prior to using this pill (I would go over the recommended dosage for OTC meds because the cramps were so severe and non stop). I would recommend this pill based on my experience so far, but it is best to keep in mind everyone's body will respond differently."

heavyperiodgirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 21, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have taken Sprintec in the past. After going through suicidal thoughts on a DIFFERENT BC when I had to switch due to insurance, I stopped taking BC all together. I decided to switch back to Sprintec just recently after around 3 years of being off of all BC. My bleeding will not stop. I’ve always had heavy periods with intense cramps. Taking more than enough ibuprofen for cramps but the bleeding will not stop. It hasn’t even gotten lighter. I’m so upset. I have an event coming up and I cannot deal with this at the moment. Should I just stop taking this BC? My event is 6 days away. Will the bleeding stop? Will it make it worse? Help"

Jessyyyykkkkkkkk January 21, 2018

For Birth Control "I have taken this pill for almost two years I stopped for a while because I noticed an odor and discharge that I have never experienced before I had uncomfortable sex due to the dryness it caused and sometimes no sex drive at all. I have gained weight I went from 107 to 125 pounds in the two years I’ve taken this pill and it’s been very effective in preventing pregnancy. Other than that I would not recommend this pill. It is one of the worst drugs I've ever put into my body please don’t take it just because it’s cheap know your options and do your research."

Ana07 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 16, 2018

For Birth Control "It is effective at preventing pregnancy. That is the only good thing I will say about it. It made me the most irrational person I have ever been. It made me extremely irritable and I think I cried every day for a month (Very out of character for me). I got off it asap and started taking Kurvelo. I have been on kurvelo for years now and I love it."

Anonymous January 15, 2018

For Birth Control "I absolutely love this BC. I've tried two other, Yaz (which I do NOT recommend even trying) and some other kind (I forgot it because I HATED it and took it only for a month) and this is by far the BEST. It cleared my acne, no mood swings, no pain during my SHORT periods (I used to have 7 day periods), no nausea, or anything. The only thing I do not like is when I'm on my period. When I have my period I'm too hot at night and I have vivid dreams. I think it started to happen when I began skipping my period. Or I just happened to notice around the same time. But this is usually only for about a week and a half then I'm back to normal. Overall, I suggest giving Sprintec a chance and see if it works with your body."

to one girl from another girl January 12, 2018

For Birth Control "This birth control has been a great help. I have not seen a big difference in my acne clearing up, and I've been on it for a few months now. But it does help as a contraceptive for sure. Although, the only bad thing about these pills is that it gives me major mood swings. I can go from extremely happy, to severely emotional in .2 seconds."

CasseyB January 11, 2018

For Ovarian Cysts "Horrible medicine! I was on this medicine for ovarian cysts and to help regulate my cycles. The side effects are awful! I started having headaches, acne very bad (which I never get), sex drive is down, bloating/stomach cramps are horrible!! Also I noticed I was so much more hungry through out the day! It didn’t help me for what I needed it too! I stopped taking this immediately!!"

Fl123455 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 8, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been taking sprintec for over 2 years now and have been noticing how irritable/ cranky/ moody this pill has made me for the past 2 years. I am now suffering from depression and plan to get off of this pill ASAP. I do not recommend this pill to anyone. I know that with taking any birth control you are at risk for changes due to the hormones you are putting in, but this was just my personal experience."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 6, 2018

For Birth Control "Awful experience for me! This pill destroyed my skin. I have never really had “acne” to speak of, I usuallly get one or two here and there, strictly on my chin or around my mouth area, all around I have decent skin. I started breaking out before even taking a full cycle. I decided to give it a chance and after about a month, my chin, cheeks, and jawline were covered with acne! I’m talking groups of two and three clustered together in big patches... I didn't experience any other side effects other then extreme acne, however it was so bad I stopped taking it without having another birth control plan in place. I stopped taking it about three weeks ago and my face is just as bad. I would not recommend."

Anonymous January 4, 2018

For Birth Control "I just started this birth control about 3 days ago and I know that isn't long at all to tell much about it but I have been so sick to my stomach since then and my vision is kinda blurred. I just wanna know if that is common with this??? I have read different experiences taking this birth control and wanted to know what everyone else's side effects was also. My Dr put me on it because I have cysts on my ovaries and have had irregular bleeding since August 2017. I had a miscarriage that month and everything has been messed up hormonal wise."

NaeNae14 January 3, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on Mononessa for 4 years without any issues. Switched to Sprintec due to my out of pocket costs. I gained 28 pounds in less than 4 months, lost any sex drive I had left, and felt like a zombie- no emotions except instant anger in stupid situations. I would never suggest this to anybody. I got off of it and had the paragard inserted yesterday. Crossing my fingers this goes well. The only good things about this were the low cost and I didn't get pregnant."

MSL1987 December 20, 2017

For Birth Control "I switched to Sprintec about 2-3 months back. My stress levels got worse, I could feel my hormones have been completely out of balance, I am more irritable than ever, no sex drive (which has never happened to me before), a burst of cystic acne (again, first time in my life). My diet has gone up. I understand with birth control diet goes up initially but if you know it's because of the pill then it's easier to control it. Anyway, my weight increased too and have had really bad mood swings. This pill has been bad news for my sex life and for my skin. I am stopping immediately."

Tiz89 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 19, 2017

For Birth Control "Had a terrible PCP prescribe this to me with no knowledge or questioning about my period of experience with BC. Terrible mistake on my part to trust her. Terrible mood swings and depression and paranoia/anxiety. Literally thought I was pregnant every time I had sex with someone to the point where I was buying and taking tests frequently (taking my pills and using condoms). I am an anxious person but this was next level. Experienced odd abdominal pain around where my ovaries would be, felt like I had a growth, but mysteriously stopped. Ridiculous dreams where I would wake up exhausted. Minimal weight gain, and no change to sex drive but that definitely doesn’t outweigh the fact that it completely changed my inner mood."

Kabbbbbb December 17, 2017

For Birth Control "DO NOT TAKE! From the very beginning, the nausea was unbearable and painful, making me pass out at times. I could also not bear the smell of food and got sick whenever I did eat. I also got extremely mad at a moment's notice and started suffering from depression, something I had never experienced before. HORRIBLE MEDICINE THAT'S SIDE EFFECTS TOOK MONTHS TO GET RID OF."

ale12345 December 13, 2017

For Birth Control "Not terrible, but not great. I've only been on it for one month so far, but I've been constipated, bloated, and my eyes have been bugging me/ I got nauseous for the first two weeks of use, to the point that I had to take prescription medication for nausea. There's no difference in my skin (still pretty clear), and I get headaches periodically. I've also had trouble concentrating. This did nothing for cramps either. I didn't get pregnant, so I guess it's doing it's job, but I'll probably switch to another brand."

Ryon December 11, 2017

For Birth Control "Taken for painful cramping. 5'3" 120 lbs, age 27 started with Lostrin, but moved out of state and started taking Sprintec in 2015. Honeymoon peroid. Two years later, I am 144 lbs, 29, suffer from depression, bloating, stagnant digestion, pain in lower abdomen (regardless of having a period,) and periodic cluster headaches. The weight gain has been gradual despite the fact I was working physical jobs and doing yoga a couple times a week. Recently stopped taking pills as I noticed my period was occuring before I even got to the white row. Had been skipping that row completely as it seems my body wants to do what it wants. Experiencing(both abdominal pain and lower back ache) have lessened in frequency but when it's present it's debilitating."

KT_warum December 6, 2017

For Birth Control "I have been on Sprintec for about 5 years now and I can say that I have no complaints. My cramps have decreased and usually will only be really bad on the first day of my period. I have no problem with acne or stomach issues. I can agree with these reviews though that it does affect my sex drive (I notice about 2 days into the sugar pills a difference). I honestly think every birth control pill will have this side affect. We are messing with our hormones after-all. Something else I notice is if I am not taking these at the same exact time every day (or within an hour or two) that I will have break through bleeding. More than likely because it is such a strong dosage. However, as I've said no major side effects and happy with the meds."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 5, 2017

For Birth Control "The first year on this was great. After that I went crazy. I had 2 pregnancy scares in 6 months. Not to mention the lower sex drive, CRAZY mood swings and getting dry down there. Finally switched after 2 years. Be careful, know your body and listen when others tell you you've changed."

*mcgrath (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 3, 2017

For Birth Control "I'm not even done with my first pack yet, just got to the white pills. My cramps are worse than they have ever been, I'm constantly feeling sick and it didn't not lighten my flow at all and clotting has gotten worse. I'm sure this BC works for some but if definitely does not work for me."

Annons December 3, 2017

For Birth Control "This birth control sucks!! I started taking these pills 10/17 and 11/17 started my period and haven’t even started the period pills and my period is still on!! The doctor told me I can skip my period pills for the month and start a new pack. Started period on 11/20/17 and as of today my period is still on. And my appetite has picked up, which I don’t like so I’m just going to stop taking them and use condoms for protection!!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 3, 2017

For Birth Control "I've seen so many negative comments about Sprintec but honestly I love it. I've been on multiple other birth controls but this one is the one for me. The first month (more like week) I got the regular symptoms like nausea and vomiting but that's always been normal for me. I used to have extremely bad acne as well and Sprintec helped me with it. After the first 2 weeks, I noticed how less oily my face had gotten and how I glowed. I definitely recommend at least trying this pill for the first 3 months!"

Jackieeeee December 1, 2017

For Birth Control "Sprintec is the first BC I've taken. I figured it was time to put the "pull and pray" method to rest. I've been taking it for a year now, and so far I love it. No weird side effects, shorter periods, lighter periods, and no pregnancies!"

Amanda K. (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 30, 2017

For Birth Control "I took this pill for about 2 years then quit taking it because I decided I did not like the idea of the hormones being in my body. I just recently started taking it again. I do not want to get pregnant. I am happy with my 7 year old son and do not want anymore children. I am two white pills away from being done with my first pack. Just started my period a few pills into the inactive pill week. I can say that I have no period cramps at all for the first time in forever! Also my extreme PMS symptoms- headaches, etc are non existent. Hopefully it continues to be a positive experience and keeps me pregnancy free."

HMB 29 y/o female (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 30, 2017

For Birth Control "I have been on Sprintec for 4 months now, within the first few days of taking it I had already experienced horrible side effects to the point of calling my doctor to get it changed. She told me to stick it out so I decided to although that was a HUGE mistake. Within the first few days I was having horrible headaches as well as mood swings and extreme irritability. I would get light headed and my cramps would be so bad to the point of almost passing out (I never had this issue before). I started breaking out with cystic acne around my jaw and mouth as well as worsening depression and anxiety. Not to mention I've been bleeding for a month straight now. DO NOT TAKE!!!"

Anon12345555 November 28, 2017

For Birth Control "Worst pill ever after two months. Then experienced depression and would literally feel sad FOR NO REASON. I’m not even an emotional person. Then the weight gain which I didn’t mind. I would have no sex drive and literally be so aggravated for no reason it’s killing my relationship. Got on a different brand with a lower dosage but decided to just use condoms cause because and the side effects aren’t working for me. I would become so distant from people as well as I hate being touched. AVOID AVOID AVOID!!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 24, 2017