User Reviews for Sprintec

3.8

Gonadotropin InhibitionNot rated - Be the first1 review 75 medications
Summary of Sprintec reviews 5.8 861 reviews

Reviews for Sprintec

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I started this pill with my period like I was instructed too, I was on this birth control for almost 48hrs when I was rushed to the emergency room because of muscle spasms and vertigo. I collapsed and wasn’t able to speak or control my movements. It was diagnosed as psuedoseizure. I’ve never had any issue with any birth control until this one, and lucky me I got the rare side effects. Doctors think it had to do with fertility treatments in relation to this pill, so be cautious if you have done hormone injections and other fertility treatments. I also spotted every day after I finished my period"

Jessy October 12, 2018

For Birth Control "I’m on the second week of my 4th pack and still have oily skin and one big pimple on my cheek. I started sprintec to alleviate my stubborn hormonal acne. It seems to be helping but very slowly. I do get headaches for 2 straight days once I get my period which sucks! The first 3 months I got new hard cystic acne on my chin and around my mouth and between my eyebrows, really embarrassing! I still don’t have clear skin"

Anonymous October 12, 2018

For Birth Control "Only in my first month and not sure if I will continue, from the beginning I’ve had not necessarily cramps but constant stomach discomfort or abdominal pain. Some days it doesn’t hurt at all, and sometimes I can’t leave my bed. Given the fact that this is my first go round on birth control and I do not know if my body has to “get used” to the medication or what."

Dymonic (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 10, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I’ve had heavy clots from “breakthrough bleeding” for day 19 now... been on this birth control for 2 and a half months"

Anonymous October 10, 2018

For Birth Control "Update from Sept 18th post. Still have oversized D boobs. They still hurt and I am on my 4th white pill. Finally started. I've gained 9 lbs in almost a month and my face is clearing up. My cramps are terrible. I hope this next month is symptom free!"

B (taken for less than 1 month) October 5, 2018

For Birth Control "So Sprintec started off really great my boobs got huge and hips got wider. It was amazing but I’m prone to getting yeast infections around my period and Sprintec made it really hard to get rid of it. Not sure if it was the pill or just my body but that was the only issue for me."

Kayb October 1, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been taking sprintec for 1.5 years. This is the first birth control that I have not had any side effects. I have tried the shot and other pills before. I will stay on this for another 3 years. Cleared up my acne. Went from a full face of acne to nothing. My periods are only 3 days with no pain. I would recommend this pill to anyone."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 1, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on this bc for a little over two months now. For the first couple weeks I was totally fine. Had no mood swings, was just totally myself. Then out of no where I noticed I was always hungry, tired, and super moody. I’ve never been a super emotional person but I’ve became someone I’m not. I now have anxiety, am always sad, crying for no reason at all. I’ve. Decided that it’s just not for me and not worth the side effects at all."

Keensee September 30, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on this birth control for almost 9 years now (went on at 14 and now I’m 23). For 95% of that time I had incredibly clear skin, never needed foundation, have never had a pregnancy scare, and always had moderate to light periods. Recently with life being crazy I started missing pills left and right, to the point where I’ve taken 3 pills at once just because I forgot for a few days (I suck). Since this has happened quite often in the last few months my skin has been the worst it’s ever been. I’ve been getting painful cystic breakouts, pimples on my cheeks and chin, super oily skin around my nose and on my back. It’s been horrible. I believe this birth control works wonders for helping clear skin! Just make sure you take it everyday and stay consistent! I’m getting back into the flow of taking it every day at around the right time and my skin has already started clearing up again."

Abs (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 29, 2018

For Birth Control "Took this for 3 months. This is the first BC I tried and so far I regret going off of it. My only issues were me having mood swings for the first week and a half of taking it and then every 3rd week (last reg week before placebo) without fail I would break out. Also don't try to skip more than one period with this because you'll have crazy breakthrough bleeding. Mostly helped with acne and no other side effects."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 26, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I don’t really do this (write comments) but since I went through hell...I thought I’d share my experience. On my 3rd week of the pill, I started heavy bleeding and thought...OK this could be breakthrough bleeding. But I began bleeding heavy - clots big as my palm. I became short of breath & felt a shock through my body & felt dizzy. I was going in circles. I got an appointment with OB/GYN right away. DR did an exam, everything was ok but my pulse was 180!! He sent me to the ER. They put me on IV fluids, exams, tons of blood work, & at the end I received 2 bags of blood. They ruled it was the BC that got everything so wacky D/T all my labs & exams were ok. They advise NOT to take again. I'm on meds now to help stop the bleeding & will have a follow up with OB/GYN. I understand that the outcome of the med is different for everyone. Reason I took this BC was to regulate my periods. I would have heavy periods but never this heavy. I hope this helps anyone looking into taking a BC."

N (taken for less than 1 month) September 23, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I’ve been taking Sprintec to help with my acne for about six months now, it’s caused me to gain almost five pounds and hasn’t done anything to help my acne at all. On top of that I’ve had my period for two months straight! I was thinking it was because I’m taking doxycycline with it and it can mess up the absorption of sprintec but I’ve honestly given up on it. There’s no reason to take it if it’s only making my life worse."

Anonymous September 20, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on Spintec for about 6 months and at first it was not the best, I had a lot of mood swings and my face was breaking out. 6 months later and my face is always clear and I have no problems. I can skip my period when I want and I really enjoy this BC."

HanHan (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 19, 2018

For Birth Control "I was put on this birth control for polycystic ovarian syndrome. I am 27 5'4" and 115lbs. My entire life has been mostly period free. No pregnancy either :\.. I am only on my second week of the pills but side effects I've experienced so far include: blurred vision, very swollen breasts (32Naturally... My cleavage is spilling out of my cups now) , sore nipples, mild nausea with hunger, strange dreams, blah attitude the first few days, and indigestion. I have never been on bc b4 so this is gonna be interesting. Will update after awhile."

B (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on Sprintec for 3 months and I had no side effects. I got off it because I thought I was having issues losing weight because of it. My weight did not change but once off it I started having cystic acne at 40 years old so I decided to go back on it. I am happy I am back on it because it is helping my acne and I do not get heavy cramps anymore."

WendyB September 17, 2018

For Birth Control "Sprintec has been amazing! I’ve been on it for almost a year and have had nothing but a positive experience. Reading the reviews before I started in November of 2017 freaked me out but I’m so glad I chose this as my first bc method. Cramps are not as bad, period is WAY lighter and shorter and my skin cleared up a lot. When I first started my appetite increased a lot but my metabolism is fast so I barely gained weight if any."

skylar (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 17, 2018

For Endometriosis "I have endometriosis and PCOS and started taking these to help stop the constant heavy bleeding I was going through for months at a time. It did help with reducing the bleed. I would go weeks with out bleeding, but when I would bleed, it would take some time to stop. It was much lighter than I am used to though so it wasn’t a big deal. Over time I began to lose a little weight, not much. My hair started falling out, my sex drive decreased to nothing and began to feel depressed. Almost a year later, the depression has become a lot worse. There are days where it is completely overwhelming and I can’t do anything."

Luna (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 15, 2018

For Birth Control "I was a little worried to try this considering the mixed reviews but this is amazing. It has helped my moods, I haven't gained weight at all, I don't suffer from depression or anxiety nearly as much as I did before (may be in my head but my office manager calls them my happy pills LOL) The only issue I had was I had my period for 3 weeks straight. Not heavy at all, but there. Will be defiantly be continuing!"

Jd0410 September 13, 2018

For Birth Control "Was on this birth control for two months. I gained weight about 6Ib. I had hoped for my acne to clear up which didn’t. Only got worse. The main reason I stopped taking it was due to the mood swings. I was constantly tired, couldn’t focus and just didn’t feel like myself whatsoever. I couldn’t take another month of it. My anxiety was beyond and I found myself sobbing for no reason."

No (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 12, 2018

For Birth Control "I used to take Sprintec after I was having problems with the seasonal birth control. My doctor put me on Sprintec. I quit taking it because I had no need for it at the time. I started it up again and had my annual visit with my doctor. I had high blood pressure. It also gives me the worse anxiety. I puke weekly on it, get horrible headaches, and my boobs hurt so much I have to have a pillow just for them at night. For not getting pregnant it works, but I don’t think the side effects are worth it."

15parrishb (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 9, 2018

For Birth Control "Nearly killed my daughter. After 3 Dr's visits in a 3 month period with only a brochure for birth control methods, the Dr. prescribed sprintec. After 1 week my daughter was experiencing breathing difficulties. I thought it was chest congestion. I waited until the next morning to take her to the emergency room. Test were performed with no diagnosis but anxiety. We argued that it was not anxiety. Finally then they decided just 1 more test. The D-dimer tests which checks for blood clots. It was high, they proceeded with a CAT scan that reviled blood clots in both lungs. She is currently giving her self 2 injections per day of blood thinner which she will need for 6 months. My daughter is 17years old, not yet sexual active. I thought I was being a good parent by taking her to the Dr's to be educated about BC and to use it. I now know that I should've read the drug information packet from the pharmacy. But I didn't and trusted in our Dr. There is no known history of a blood clotting disorder in our family, she wasn't a smoker and was in a good healthy weight range so sprintec is the main cause."

Harvey September 7, 2018

For Birth Control "I mainly use this for my severe cramps. I have more energy now and less pain. It also really helps with my acne. I'm easier to deal with for my boyfriend - I'm less moody"

Pumpkin (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 5, 2018

For Birth Control "I got in birth control to prevent pregnancy while I’m working to become established in my career. I REGRET TAKING SPRINTEC!! I started taking this birth control on August 12th 2018 then all of a sudden, I started bleeding as if I was having a period on August 18th 2018, and here it is, I am STILL BLEEDING HEAVILY, 16 days later! I have bad clots as well. I went to the ER, they did a regular ultrasound, intravaginal ultrasound, and a pelvic exam (pap smear) and they found absolutely nothing! No cysts, no fibroids, etc.. I thought maybe I had PCOS or fibroids, but they said my uterus is perfectly fine. I stopped taking this birth control & I finally got my life back! If I could rate this pill “0”, I would. Now I’m not saying it may not work for you, but I’m posting my review just in case someone else may be experiencing any of these symptoms."

TiffTiff (taken for less than 1 month) September 3, 2018

For Birth Control "So I read all the reviews here for the most part before getting my birth control by mail. I was really nervous and worried but I still ended up taking them. I felt a little nausea in the morning after taking them at night but nothing serious. I have PCOS and I started BC for that reason. I have started losing weight and I think its from the BC balancing my hormones since I have not gone on any diet or changed my routine. I recommend this BC. I am about 300 lbs and dropping and I am also of Latin heritage. I hope this review helps someone."

Lizzy (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 3, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been taking Sprintec for 7 months. It’s not perfect, but I’ve had a fairly positive experience with it compared to other BC pills, (which caused severe mood swings, depression, and constant nausea). I have gained weight on this pill, which isn’t great (my diet hasn’t changed and exercise has increased). My acne prone skin has been doing great however, and is clear. I always get one minor breakout the week before placebo/withdrawal bleeding. I also experience nausea and minor mood swings in the 2-3 days leading up to my withdrawal bleed. These side affects have all been very consistent and predictable for me, which I haven’t found on any other pill. So aside from the stubborn weight, I’m happy with this BC."

Maddie (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 29, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...