User Reviews for Sprintec

3.9

Gonadotropin InhibitionNot rated - Be the first1 review 75 medications
Summary of Sprintec reviews 5.8 820 reviews

Reviews for Sprintec

For Birth Control "I tried the normal birthcontrol that changes the amount of dosage every week (first week being weakest, third being strongest and I skip the placebo pills) and I kept getting weird periods every month or every other month that would last about 8 days and would be nasty and very painful. I went on the pill to avoid the periods but the fluctuating amount of hormones did not agree with me. So then I switched to Sprintec (I’m sounding like an ad) and it’s the constant amount of same-level hormones that my body loves. I don’t get cramps or periods and my skin has greatly improved. If you have a very strong period that is heavy and painful I recommend getting a birth control that has a regular consistent dosage. Your period may not try to creep up on you if you have that strong control over it. I highly recommend this if you have bad skin as well. Love it."

ally cat (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 16, 2018

For Birth Control "I realized after taking this birth control I didn't have Suicidal thoughts anymore. It keeps me sane and happy. No mood swings for me. I'm a better person on this. Also no daily discharge is a plus. I do find that my want for sex has went down a lot. But it works for my marriage. Hair loss after three months due to the change of my estrogen but grew back. I totally recommend it for anyone over 35. Also expected a 13 pound weight gain when using."

Amber (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 15, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on Sprintec for almost a year now. My dermatologist actually prescribed it because the birth control pills that my gynaecologist prescribed were causing me to break out. I didn't notice any changes for the first month or two; however, after 3 or so months, my face cleared up and my period became very regular. I always start my period on Wednesdays, and it is over by Saturday evening. My periods are super light, and I have little to no cramping. My face looks great too! Would definitely recommend. My insurance also covers it- so I get my pill pack each month for free! I am currently thinking about switching to an IUD for convenience (I don't want to be responsible for taking the pill every day at the same time to prevent pregnancy), but I am hesitant to change because this working so well. For reference, I am a 20 year old college student with no children."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 13, 2018

For Birth Control "So I was on sprintec for almost a year and let me tell you.. I got all the side effects slowly until it made me sick the and I stopped taking them. At first it was fine, I didn't gain weight, had no acne but then when my period came, my cramps were bad. Few months later I developed severe atopic dermatitis all over my face. I couldn't applied anything on my face, it was dry, itchy, it burned. I'm still trying to heal from it. Then all of a sudden I got super swollen all over my face for 2 months and then it went away. Then I started getting nauseous everyday with constipation and I had insomnia. I lost 10lbs in one month bc I only ate once a day I was so nauseous. One day I forgot the time I took the pill the day before so I took it way before the time it was due. Like 12 hours early.... that day I went to work.. I felt terrible. I was faint. Super pale, I was nauseous, and then I just threw up and it was because I took the pill almost back to back... NEVER AGAIN! Only pro: no acne but dry skin and NOT PREGNANT OF COURSE"

Foodqueen21 July 3, 2018

For Birth Control "I began taking mononessa about a year ago. At first I had some minor side effects like acne and I did gain 10 pounds. I also have mood swings here and there but my pharmacy just recently switched me to Sprintec instead and claim it’s the exact same ingredients but let me tell you I have never felt this bad in my life. I had severe stomach pain. To the point where I couldn’t eat for 5 days. Very constipated and nothing I do helps. I was so nauseous daily that I just stayed in bed for a week straight until finally going to the emergency room because I thought it was something more serious. I have had issues with slight depression in the past but this whole week I was taking sprintec I have been incredibly down and have had awful panic attacks. I may have lost about 6 pounds but it’s definitely not worth it to suffer from birth control. I immediately switched back to my old one and have had a little more of an appetite but I’m sure my hormones are just all over the place right now"

K June 30, 2018

For Birth Control "A large factor for me to take birth control is my heavy period, I have been on sprintec for 3 mo and my period has gotten heavier and longer lasting if anything and it has also made my period smell terrible. I gave it 2 stars bc I didn’t gain weight, it didn’t worsen my acne, and my cramps are better. However I can get all of those benefits elsewhere without those large negatives."

Autum (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 29, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been on sprintec for about a year now. While I did experience some weight gain, everything else has been great. I used to get frequent painful hormonal acne. Now, getting even one pimple is a rare occasion. I also used to have cramps that kept me home from school and then work because I could hardly get up. Now my periods are short and easy. I can also skip placebo weeks with no spotting. Although many of the reviews for sprintec are poor, this pill was a game changer for me."

ollie (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 27, 2018

For Birth Control "Sprintec is awful. It made me gain over 5 pounds already and I have zits everywhere! Plus the fact that I now have a yeast infection which I didn’t get from the other birth control pill I was on! I'm changing immediately."

gloomy (taken for less than 1 month) June 27, 2018

For Birth Control "Sprintec has made me absolutely crazy. Literally I feel delusional. I started taking it only to prevent pregnancy. I waited the correct amount of days to start having sex without protection (a little more than seven days) but I still feel completely paranoid about pregnancy. I take it at the correct time EVERYDAY for three months but I still feel pregnant. I don't have access to a test, so I'm paranoid. I'm very bloated and my breasts have gotten noticably bigger, which scares me as these are all signs of pregnancy (including mood swings I frequently have.)"

Cj (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 26, 2018

For Birth Control "Since I started I’ve been depressed and down. My mood swings are disgusting I get so angry & sad towards everything & everyone. I gained massive weight to the point where I’ve gotten stretch marks! I’ve been feeling so sad. I feel alone, hurt, ugly, fat & other negative feelings. I’m so self conscious of how I look now, I don’t wear pretty clothes nor do I wear makeup. I’m the type of girl who loves dressing up & is in love with Sephora.... now I’m someone who barely gets out of bed for school, wears baggy sweats and doesn’t even bother to brush my hair. I cover myself baggy clothes because I feel like the weight gain has made me ugly. I know these details may seem pointless I’m sharing this so you understand how it affected me & how it might affect some other women similarly or worse. I will definitely be talking to both my mom & doctor about changing my birth control."

Anonymous June 25, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been on Sprintec for 2 years. Haven't had any bad side effects but it has done anything for my acne. I still break out consistently with cystic pimples, which are related to hormones"

137dujcsw (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 20, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on birth control since I was 16 (now 25) and I’ve been on Tri-Nessa, Ortho tri-cyclin, Lo Estrin, and now this. I’m definitely not pregnant so that’s a major plus considering I have sex a lot and considering I don’t even take it as well as prescribed and a few condoms have broke so that’s a major plus. It’s the only reason I’m still on it considering the major side effects it has on me. I also have a pretty normal sex drive with it so that’s good too. I have horrible depression, anxiety, acne, and weight gain. Depression being the most troublesome considering I’m already diagnosed with Major Depressive Disorder and GAD and take Cymbata and see a therapist. So if you struggle with depression and you have to take this med I suggest you have people check up on you every so often and do some self care (I live with my mom) because I’ve even experienced an increase in raging and suicidal thoughts as well especially on the week before the placebo pills. Just be careful."

Jujubee93 June 19, 2018

For Birth Control "Started using this pill a little while ago, to help with irregular periods and severe PMS related nausea. Didn’t help at all, just made the symptoms worse. After over a week of taking this, I still find myself unable to bare with the horrible nausea and diarrhea that resulted as a side effect of the hormone change due to this pill. Not saying don’t try this— I’ve heard that the nausea isn’t as bad for some, and that the pill reacts differently for each individual— It just didn’t work for me. I guess I can live with PMS for a while longer— Beats my body going haywire at the introduction to the hormones."

Brea (taken for less than 1 month) June 19, 2018

For Ovarian Cysts "This medication is HORRIBLE! I was originally on Yaz then switched to MonoNessa. However, MonoNessa is very difficult to find and Sprintec was offered by my pharmacy so I reluctantly agreed. What a HORRIBLE experience! I took it for 3 days and my mood swings were unbearable! I experienced really negative thoughts which I NEVER experience. I wanted to cry all the time, too. I promptly stopped it and switched back to Yaz but I'm waiting for a progestin-only pill since I react badly to estrogen. I do not recommend Sprintec at all."

MissLeopard83 (taken for less than 1 month) June 18, 2018

For Birth Control "The first week of taking it, I got sick every time I took the pill and even broke out into a rash (which may not have correlated to the pill because of where I had been), but after 2 months I'm fine taking it. Before taking it I had been having a 24 day period with heavy bleeding, I knew it was time to start birth control. My doctor prescribed me sprintec and ever since then I've had short, light periods with little to no cramping. I've also noticed a dramatic decrease in acne and unlike some users, I actually started to lose weight (though that may also be due to less stress). Overall, I'm happy with it because of all the positives. Just keep in mind not to take it on an empty stomach."

Ldog (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 13, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been taking sprintec for just over a week and I’m suffering the most severe depression of my life! I’m 32 years old and this is the third different form of birth control I’ve used. The depo shot had me bleeding every day for a year, the other pill type I used caused me severe morning sickness every day for a year. And now this one has me on a perpetual state of negativity. I’ve cried for three days, I have no appetite and I can’t find joy in anything. I’m feeling like I want to die! Is this normal?! My experiences so far with birth control have been horrible and make me terrified to try another one."

Lizzy (taken for less than 1 month) June 10, 2018

For Birth Control "DO NOT take this birth control. I am a healthy, vegan, 19 year old who took this birth control for THREE days and had horrible side effects. I woke up during the night and was nauseous and had horrible diarrhea. I experienced chest pain right after taking it the next day. I also experienced pounding headaches. I took it one last time & right after taking it, I had even worse chest pain. It continued for 2 more days. Two days ago it was so bad, I thought I was going to have to call 911. I went to the doctor and they had to do blood tests and a chest x-ray for blood clots, and gave me an inhaler. I really hope the chest pain does not come back. I noticed yesterday that I also have red rash- like patches all over my body. Weak arms/ legs were another thing I experienced. Also, my period has now lasted 7 days. It normally does not last longer than 3 days. This was my first time ever being on birth control let's just say I will be sticking to condoms."

september726 June 10, 2018

For Birth Control "I haven't been on Sprintec for a month yet, I see the side effects says causes hives. First it started with severe hives of my hands thats still there, so bad I though I had Hands Foot & Mouth infection. Now I'm getting hives all over my body, its even caused peeling of some skin. I wouldn;t recommend. It also causes lots of headaches."

Naenae (taken for less than 1 month) June 10, 2018

For Birth Control "I switched to this from my old birth control cause I started to get VERY thin hair at the top of my head. I’ve been on this for about 2 or so years. It makes my period much lighter. 3 days heavy versus 7 days moderate bleeding when not on birth control. My super tampons don’t overflow as they do when I’m not in b/c. Unfortunately, I’ve gained over 10 pounds and my hair has thinned A LOT more. I’m very insecure, anxious, and have depressive episodes from time to time. I’m about to just stay away from birth control. I’ve always been active and healthy and I’ve tried multiple hair growth methods. Nothing works anymore."

Slur (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 9, 2018

For Birth Control "Just finished my first month on Sprintec, I was previously on Lo Lo Estrin and had break thru bleeding. The only reason I want to take the pill is for regulated cycles and had not luck yet finding one I liked. With sprintec I’ve gained acne and I haven’t had issues with they before and still don’t have a regular cycle. I’m about to give up."

None (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 7, 2018

For Birth Control "This was my first experience with birth control. Before this I had unpredictable periods that would last a week. When I first started I had some stomach cramps and increased anxiety but those have gone away. My acne cleared up and my periods have been regular and shorter. However I still have an increased appetite."

Lucille (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 6, 2018

For Birth Control "I am 23 years old and have been on Sprintec for about 6 years. The first 5 years were great. It lightened and regulated my period. My periods lasted 5 days and I never had breakthrough bleeding. It didn't effect my weight or cause mood swings. All around zero issues. I really liked this birth control. I always take my pill on time but out of the blue last July my period was a day late. This hadn't happened in the 5 previous years. Ever since July my periods have done a 180. My periods never start on the same day, they last longer, light breakthrough bleeding, terrible mood swings the week before the placebo pills, cramps have slowly gotten worse. This pill just doesn't work for me anymore and I'm really disappointed, not looking forward to finding a new pill that works for me."

Sonya (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 6, 2018

For Birth Control "I have used this for three years. It regulated my periods and made them shorter and lighter. One thing I have noticed is I have NO sex drive. NONE. I still have sex and enjoy it once the process is started but I never feel "hot and bothered" anymore. The va va voom is gone. My mood swings are higher and lower than ever and I think it is the pill. I have been growing concerned with my mental health lately but it may not be me going crazy--it could be this pill. I have read other reviews that say the same thing. I am scared to stop I do not want a pregnancy but I want my body to be MINE again."

Atay (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 6, 2018

For Birth Control "I just started sprintec and it has been amazing. This is my third time trying a different birth control because the others have made me unbelievably sad. I actually feel happier on this birth control and less emotional. Sex drive has also increased. Only down side is I do get nauseous, but I will take that over the depressed feelings from other birth control pills."

Nicole (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2018

For Birth Control "I really like Sprintec! I was previously on LoLoestrin and that was horrible for me, I had tons of breakthrough bleeding, cramps, mood swings etc. It was just too low of a dose for me personally. Sprintec has been great and my period is much lighter and more predictable, it also did wonders for my skin. I haven't noticed any weight gain or mood changes. Everybody will react differently to birth control, of course, but this one has been great for me."

landt97 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 30, 2018