User Reviews for Sprintec

Learn more about Sprintec.

Ovarian Cysts 21 reviews 55 medications

Birth Control 570 reviews 300 medications

6.2
Endometriosis 13 reviews 167 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 48 reviews 169 medications

4.3
Summary of Sprintec reviews 652 reviews 5.9

Reviews for Sprintec

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Background info: I am not sexually active and I was hoping that Sprintec would help control an unruly menstrual cycle. I am on my third pack month of Sprintec. Cannot. Stop. Bleeding. I have been spotting daily and occasionally bleeding for the last month... will be seeing a doctor soon!!!"

Can't stop bleeding!!!! May 18, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on Sprintec for 2 weeks now & have been great ! I did a lot of research before I started. I take it at night since your body is more prone to sickness taking it right in the morning. I haven't had any nausea or huge side effects. I was SO HUNGRY the first week. I would eat dinner take the pill then get immediately hungry again. But now that has gone away and it's just a pill to me. If this pill makes you sick , try changing how you take it or when. Try everything before you give up."

Becca1x6 (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was on this BC for 8 years and it wasn't until I got off of it that I realized how horrible it was for me. I had terrible mood swings, anxiety and depression. I felt psycho. I experienced hair loss. Extreme bloating and frequent constipation. I was diagnosed with IBS while on this BC. I was constantly tired. The only positives for me is I never got pregnant while on it and my periods only lasted for about 2 days. Everyone is different, but watch yourself closely while on this BC. I was miserable because of it and I didn't even know it."

Kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk May 12, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I started this pill in June 2016, its the first birth control I ever tried. At first I spotted a lot and my boobs would always hurt, now I get my period twice a month sometimes. My period stays irregular so I always stress about being pregnant. I'm obviously not, but the pill defiantly causes a lot of my anxiety and I'm almost on it for a year and my period is still always changing and I still have side effects. I take the pill at the same time every day and I have never missed one pill.."

KAItyttyyy May 10, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "This is the best birth control pill. I am taking this now only for one month and switched from the trisprintec. This pill has the same dose of hormones everyday unlike trisprintec which changes. I have used trisprintec and my moods were so affected by the fluctuation of hormones . This is awesome!good luck!"

atarra May 9, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for almost 2 years now and have had no issues with it really other the gaining 10 lbs and bloating every now and then. It's actually improved my mood, cleared my skin, and helped with my period flow and pain. You can miss your pill by a few hours too and catch up later without worry. It's a pretty effective pill."

Madi_a (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 2, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Ovarian Cysts "I have had a couple bouts of cysts, it is the reason why I got on bc. I took it regularly for months and it did fine as a bc I suppose. It regulated my period, made them a little less severe. However, it didn't necessarily help prevent the cyst growth. I also had some episodes on my period while on this birth control and they were still debilitating. I also experienced a ruptured cyst while on the medication. When I finally got to the gyno we decided to have me take bc on a constant basis, skipping the inactive to try to further reduce cyst possibilities and eliminate period. However, this has caused me to have thick brown discharge EVERY day for 2 months. We are now trying a different pill- hopefully that helps."

jindy17 May 1, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've only been on this birth control for a few weeks and I am experiencing crazy anxiety and EXTREME dizziness!! It's so scary at times. I just had a baby two months ago and can't risk another pregnancy right now so don't know what to do. Not to mention I've been bleeding for two weeks straight with crazy heavy cramps."

Ripleeee April 30, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "This pill is horrible. Makes you very moody, very miserable. No sex drive, And made me spot for months . Was on this pill for about a year, switching tomorrow thankfully. No weight gain, but I never get weight gain from birth control. Does its job I guess but overall I hate this pill."

Missymiss40556 April 28, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I been taking these for a few months now after an abortion. So far so good! It is effective in preventing pregnancy. My face is clear ( no acne) , my periods are very short and light ( was 5 days and heavy before), I have no cramps or breast soreness during or before periods. Only thing I had was spotting and nausea in the beginning of taking them. Other than that, this is a good pill for me."

Rita E (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 26, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was on Sprintec for 4 years. For the first 2 years I had no problems, but then I got sick and I think my body changed after that. I became irritable/depressed, no libido at all, and my face began to break out when I've never had skin problems. I am starting to believe that the pill is making me feel this way. As far as preventing pregnancy it's great, I've missed a day or 2 and have never had any problems. I am switching and hoping that helps"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 25, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I started out taking Tri Sprintec as a teenager. (16). Never had any problems. Had to switch to sprintec because of break through bleeding in my 20's. I am now 37 and still take Sprintec. I have never had any problems with it. After taking it so long it has become a morning habit. When I don't need it anymore then I will feel old. Ha"

MKayC April 25, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I started this about 3 months ago my cycle still comes on in the middle of the blue pills and i've passed out twice I wouldn't recommend this"

Diam April 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I like this pill. It's helped me maintain clear skin for the most part (still break out during that time of the month) and I haven't gained weight. Been on this pill for 3 years. At the very beginning, I did experience horrible mood swings though, it took some months to get used to. Other than that I'm satisfied with Sprintec. Not life changing but it's overall good."

liopa626 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I first got put on birth control in 2012 due to ovarian cysts. I tried 5 types in the past that didn't work for me. They either made me depressed, induced anxiety, headaches, acne, etc. I was Aviane for roughly a year, it had the least amount of side effects, but stopped in 2014 because of weight gain & anxiety. Now 3 years later, I'm trying Sprintec to avoid getting pregnant.This is my first week and so far so good. None of the side effects I had with the others. The first few days I was really nauseous, had a headache the 1st day, and I still don't have a strong appetite. I've actually lost 5 pounds so I don't mind though. And my boobs look great. :) Will update more when I continue with this pill for longer."

M. Is (taken for less than 1 month) April 22, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on sprintec a little over a month & so far I really like it. My skin is clear & less oily. I don't have bad cramping like I use too. I had some bloating the first couple weeks then it went away. This is the only birth control method I've tried & so far so good! I take it every night at 9:30"

Kbowles99 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 22, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Previously, I had an iud (mirena). After 3 years all the sudden that caused me to start having terrible headaches and a lump in my breast which went away. I waited 3 months to get my body back to normal before starting Sprintec. It works well at prevention, no more headaches, my boobs have been sore and have grown almost a full cup size in just 2 months. It has increased my appetite. I'm very skinny always been about 100 lbs. I have gained 4 lbs in 2 months. This never happens. I do not fluctuate in weight. I haven't decided if I like it yet. I'm happy with my weight, but I'm a little worried if the increased appetite keeps up if it will taper off soon or continue.?"

K8lyn4 April 21, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I took the pill before so I decided to try the same one again since it worked really well for me before. I have been on it for about 3 weeks this time and I feel great. A little sore but lil bit bigger boobs, slight nausea but eating fixes it, less appetite, a couple tiny headaches and some cramps for two days in the first week but nothing after that, spotting for two weeks straight basically but very light, skin already looks clearer I think, more energy. I think my hormones were messed up from stress and messing with my skin and cycle. I'm hoping that it continues to get better with this pill."

Amanda255 April 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "This pill is terrible. I've been taking it for 1 years and 4 months. My OB just recently explained to me that Sprintec has different amounts of hormones each week. Meaning that my hormones will bounce. I can tell you from experience that this pill will make you feel very depressed and hopeless. But rest assured there's nothing wrong with you, it is the pill."

Nobabies April 17, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on sprintec for 4 months.. and I just feel like my life is fake ! I get migraines, high blood pressure. I get depressed and very anxious! And I've noticed my side effects get worst when I take the inactive pills (period week) . I just feel very unhappy with life and I just noticed it can be this pill that's doing this to me. Tomorrow will be the last day I take my last pill. (Inactive pill) . But I'm doing this for the best."

Veeeeee April 13, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I used sprintec for about a year and a half and I gained and immense amount of weight. Side effects would include sore breasts and nausea if I had to start over because I forgot. The week I stopped taking sprintec I lost about 5lb and it's been about a year since I've been off sprintec and without even trying I lost 45 pounds. I also had very bad mood swings and became very emotional. On the good side my acne cleared up and my period was light and only lasted 4-5 days."

Aysia (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 12, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been taking sprintec for two days. On the first day I already have insomnia and it made it worse my depression increased and I started to have bad headaches throughout the day. On my second day my head aches gotten worse and I just didn't want to do any school work. I got really sleepy but couldn't sleep at all and I lost all my appetite for food which isn't like me at all. Today was my third day on it, this morning I had a bad headache and complete lost of appetite. I felt like I was going to pass out like my blood sugar was low even tho I ate a protein bar. I became pale and felt light headed. This medication has increased my depression badly and insomnia."

Frerard (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I'm 20 years old, never had kids and have been on Sprintec for 9 years now. When I started my period in puberty, it was a nightmare. I bleed heavily for 40 days straight and my hormones were raging. I went to the doctors and they prescribed me the pill. My periods are regular now and even cleared up some acne. The day before and the first 2 days of my period I get some heavy cramping and get emotional, but otherwise I am fine. I rarely use condoms and have never had a pregnancy scare. I highly recommend this pill"

Sammy1996 April 6, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been taking Sprintec for 9 months now and can't wait for my prescription to be up so I can switch. The first 2 months I experienced extreme loss of appetite, depression, suicidal thoughts, panic, anxiety and insomnia. The next 4 months I levelled off. My periods were PAINLESS and light! 2 months ago the bloating and weight gain began. I can't eat anything without feeling bloated/sick. I wake up in the middle of the night with menstrual cramps all throughout the month. I have put on 30 lbs in 2 months. I am an active person and a work 40 hrs a week. I eat a raw vegan diet, and I practice yoga daily. This amount of weight gain doesn't add up. The one positive about Sprintec is it prevents pregnancy, but I hate this roller coaster ride"

Roller coaster rider (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 5, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on this birth control for about a year now and it is definitely effective pregnancy prevention. I used to get light back cramps when I got my period before taking this and I'd say they have increased in intensity but I only get them one day now. Other than that I have no complaints. My period has become more predictable (about Wednesday through Sunday) and I haven't noticed any other side effects."

LordFarquaad (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 3, 2017