User Reviews for Sprintec

3.8

Gonadotropin InhibitionNot rated - Be the first1 review 75 medications
Summary of Sprintec reviews 5.7 944 reviews

Reviews for Sprintec

For Birth Control "I originally started my birth control journey with Sprintec, then Nuevo ring, the IUD, then back to Sprintec. I started with pills then would forget, the ring made my cycles too long, the IUD made my skin have the worst break outs...so my doc said how about Sprintec? I was prescribed this pill mainly for my concern over my skin and length of cycle. Currently it has been four months on sprintec and it has made a HUGE (positive) impact on my skin (almost clear now) and length of cycle (went from 9-12 days to 4-6 days). My advice would be to give this pill time and be patient with it. It has changed my view on BC pills vs. other formats."

BChelpedmyskin March 16, 2019

For Birth Control "I’ve tried different types of birth control before, never really got any changes until I try Sprintec! I was giving them as a replacement for Jasmine, but sprintec is THE WORST!!!! Pain in my stomach, and such a bad depression, I’ve been crying for the whole time, like 7 times a day, reduced the sexual desire (I guess that’s why no babies, cuz there is no sex). I stop taking them on the day 18 and I've gone back to NO crying mode! Burn the pack"

Anna (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2019

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I've been having breakthrough bleeding for over a month so I decided to stop taking Sprintec - when will this bleeding end?"

Girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 12, 2019

For Birth Control "DO NOT TAKE Sprintec !!! It was too many hormones for me. I remember days were I wouldn’t even get out of bed because of how much pain my body was in... I would take it at 10am everyday and by 11:30am I was angry , my head would spin/I was dizzy and my vision was so bad some days it was impossible to drive. Sprintec is terrible . I had headaches so bad my eye lids hurt (sharp head pains) , impaired vision, the nausea was debilitating, my breast were swollen for 4 months. & it made me angry and combative for no reason. DON'T TAKE IT It almost ruined my relationship and my family members didn’t want to be near me. I would pick fights and I was depressed for months . Crying everyday, suicidal thoughts, picking fights with people... and I really thought I needed help . I even went as far as to reaching out to therapist. But all along it was that birth control.. It’s the worst contraceptive pill. Now, I am one Camila and so far it isn’t bad."

Jazsmine March 10, 2019

For Birth Control "I have been using sprintec for almost a year now, my acne has cleared up but not fully gone. My periods are shorter from 7 days a week to 4-5 and the bleeding is a lot less with no cramps!! I didn’t really get any bad side effects in the first few months of taking it like everyone else says & never had a pregnancy scare. Would definitely recommend!"

Olivia (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 9, 2019

For Birth Control "Okay so I started sprintec a month ago and just came to the conclusion today this is not for me. I started off with nausea and headaches and then began feeling extremely anxious and angry. WELL it just hit me today that I started this new birth control a month ago. If you have anxiety or depression normally I would be extra careful of this specific BC. actually a lot of birth controls haven't worked for me but this ones been especially crappy."

Me (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 7, 2019

For Birth Control "Obviously people are more prone to share bad experiences than good but I had a quite awful experience with sprintec. Switched from Femynor which was giving me terrible cystic acne after having perfect skin "naturally" and it got a lot better (still there but not as bad) with Sprintec but slowly over the last 6 months I have been so "spaced out" and disconnected from reality. Anxiety has amped up so much without me even realizing it until I remembered how good it was the months before I started this one when I had the extremely bad skin. If you're prone to disassociating I'd stay away. Unfortunate because the other side effects seem to be nonexistent :/"

ss (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 6, 2019

For Birth Control "I've been on this since 2015. My doctor recommended it over my previous Ortho Tri Cyclen since it is the generic form which I was on for about 3 years before. I have had severe acne flareups but I rarely get any pimples nowadays. Also very effective birth control. I take it everyday around 9 am when I wake so its easy to remember."

Bee (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 27, 2019

For Birth Control "I've tried A LOT of birth control pills, and nothing has worked as well as Sprintec has for me. 3 months in, and I feel great! The first few weeks I did experience some nausea, but I have not had any other bad side effects. My skin looks amazing, and I am very acne-prone. My periods have went from 10 days to 3 days. I do not have cramps on this pill. I highly recommend trying it if you have bad acne and long and heavy periods."

msc019 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 26, 2019

For Birth Control "This pill man. I have been taking Sprintec since December after being on LoLoestrin for about a year. I'm going to start with the pros, I have regular periods and this is super cost effective. That being said...I can't handle the anxiety triggered by this medication anymore. Initially, I was feeling nauseated/dizzy and the breast tenderness was horrible for the first month and a half. I decided to give this pill a fighting change and thug it out for three or so months. Having always suffered from some sort of anxiety I tried to deal with the intensifying of my panic attacks as my body became accustomed to this medication but so far the symptoms seem to be getting worse instead of better. I'm not saying I'm unable to function but when I start having palpitations at a grocery store because it's crowded on a weekend I know something isn't normal. Everything else about this pill was fine, I didn't gain weight or get any acne it just doesn't agree with my body chemistry."

Yo (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 25, 2019

For Birth Control "I mean, I didn’t get pregnant thanks to this, but I had been debating getting off hormonal BC and this made the decision VERY easy! I gained 10 pounds in a month (while exercising regularly and on a diet that I follow strictly), was insanely depressed and had awful mood swings, HORRIBLE nonstop acne breakouts for the whole month like I was a middle schooler again, and absolutely zero sex drive. For the love of god STAY AWAY from Sprintec!"

jj (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 25, 2019

For Birth Control "I absolutely love this pill. Helped clear up my acne and gave me no major side effects. The very first day I took it, I had horrible nausea but it never came back after that."

Lishi (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 25, 2019

For Birth Control "I’ve been taking this medication for 3 weeks and I’m not totally sold on it. Early pros: I don’t feel as anxious Early cons: severe nausea, headaches, diarrhea, increased acne, tender breasts. I’ve tried almost every birth control on the market.. this certainly isn’t the worst but it’s still not a winner. I can’t wait till they come out with a birth control for men ;)"

Cuddles February 24, 2019

For Birth Control "Triggered intense anxiety which led to derealization and panic attacks. Also caused horrible acne. Had quit taking it and start taking Prozac."

ELT (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 24, 2019

For Birth Control "Sprintec really worked miracles for me. I used to have terrible cramps that wouldn't go away no matter what I did and I would be throwing up for hours and unable to go to school. But now I get an extremely light periods and get no cramps at all. I do know that different birth controls work better for different people though just because it works well for one person doesn't mean it'll work that well for you but if you are considering trying this I would give it a go"

lil (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 22, 2019

For Birth Control "I’ve been on and off Sprintec for two years. Even after missing multiple pills I have still never gotten pregnant. I must say that it has doubled the size of my boobs, even my boyfriend has noticed. They are sore and full. I’ also always hungry but I haven’t ever gained any weight. Would recommend."

Liv (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 18, 2019

For Birth Control "I was on Sprintec for about 2 years and then stopped taking it due to getting pregnant. Not the pills fault. My fault for missing pills. My body had never been in shape the way it was when I was taking Sprintec. I never experienced any of the side effects everyone else has experienced and it worked perfect for me even with my PCOS. I had tried other pills before and they all made me gain weight. I had never been as regular as I was with Sprintec and I was actually with a lot of energy at all times. I had really great skin which I had never had before. No painful periods. I will be getting back on this birth control soon and in all honesty I am excited about it. I hope this time around it works the same as it worked the first time around."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 13, 2019

For Birth Control "This is the worst birth control I’ve ever taken . When I first started taking it I had stomach aches, back aches, I felt like puking and had headaches. My mood swings were so bad I’ve never ever felt this sad before and anxious. This will be my 2 month taking it and I just have 2 -3 more pills to take. What I've noticed the in 2nd month is my breast have been sore and the pain hasn’t gone away. I also feel a bit more bloated and now after today I’ve decided to stop taking them and going back to novaring. Being depressed with headaches is what Sprintec is giving me and I thought it would go away by now"

Mel (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 13, 2019

For Birth Control "I just finished taking one whole packet of sprintec and my breasts have started hurting. The pill did delayed for about a month and a week. When I started my period it was heavy. Overall this does prevent pregnancies as it should be doing. I haven’t been depressed as some people are experiencing."

Vi (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 12, 2019

For Birth Control "Came here looking for validation on all of my symptoms with this BC and wow, I surely got it! I have never felt so sad in my entire life! I’ve literally cried, if not every day, every other day! This is my 3rd month and after this pack I’m done! I can’t continue to feel like this everyday. I was on ortho tri cyc lo over 10 yrs and Nuva ring a few months and have never battled depression. It did clear my acne, prevent pregnancy which are the only pros. I got longer periods 6-7 days that’s about it."

Jasmin (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 8, 2019

For Birth Control "I've tried Junel Fe in the past and had rebound depression, moody episodes, and it was overall terrible for me. Although I was taking it with ~80% time accuracy, I still had breakthrough periods. My doctor prescribed this to me because A. I have menstrual acne breakouts and B. my cramps during my menstrual cycle were unbearable to the point I would have to leave school and work. I wanted to get an IUD, but because I'm rotating through my clinical year of school, there is simply no time. All-in-all, this medication was worked for me. I was under the impression that it would treat my acne, but about 1.5 months in, it has exacerbated it. Where I normally have 1-2 pimples/month, I know have 5-6/month. They take longer to resolve but I manage them well with OTC benzoyl peroxide, 10% at night and gentle washings 2x/day with a gentle cleanser. I don't have any mood changes, depression, nor menstrual cramps. So it solved one problem, and slightly increased another."

MedKid February 8, 2019

For Birth Control "I'm on my 3rd pack of Sprintec, and it's honestly not as bad as what other reviewers have said. It took me two tries with this birth control, where I took it for a little less than two months and experienced HORRIBLE depression and stopped taking it. I read a review saying to give it a go until 3 months, so I tried it again. I experienced the same depression the second attempt at taking this pill. HOWEVER, I stuck with it and the depression did subside by the third pack. Other than that, I switched to this birth control after experiencing super low sex drive and vaginal dryness on another pill. I'm happy to say that sex is much more enjoyable now, so as a whole this pill is pretty alright!"

anonymous12345 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 6, 2019

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I got on this for my severe cramps. It helps pretty well but I think my body is getting use to the medicine because lately my periods have been bad with pain in my back. Little bleeding but much pain. I just recently got a lump on my breast and my doctor said it was just a cyst. Come to find out its from taking sprintec. I started growing darker hair on my chin. I'm going to switch to something else. It is not for everyone but I did like it at the beginning."

Pumpkin (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 5, 2019

For Birth Control "I was put on Sprintec for severe period pain. Overall I've tolerated it well except for the first few weeks I had some fairly nasty nausea and it made me more prone to motion sickness, but it is a high estrogen pill. Aside from this I'm impressed with it; so far no break-through bleeds, cramping or moodiness. I'm satisfied with this pill."

Dani (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 4, 2019

For Birth Control "I’m on my 8th month of taking sprintec. I take it to help with my adult acne. If you’re taking it for the same reason, you need to be very patient. I didn’t get clear skin till month 7. Then tried to skip period so continued with pack8, but spotted for 10 days so stopped 4 days to get period then started a new pack. This, however affected my skin so I got a few pimples and skin was oily again but not that bad, so I’m hoping to get back on track. I take it every day at 8pm. If you’re not seeing results just yet, be patient, you will. It does work for acne but it may take some time."

Butterfly (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 4, 2019