User Reviews for Sprintec to treat Abnormal Uterine Bleeding

Sprintec has an average rating of 3.7 out of 10 from a total of 114 ratings for the treatment of Abnormal Uterine Bleeding. 23% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 62% reported a negative effect.

Sprintec Rating Summary

3.7/10 average rating

Compare all 81 medications used in the treatment of Abnormal Uterine Bleeding.

Reviews for Sprintec

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 13, 2021

“I took Sprintec for 7 months and after seeing these reviews after a MONTH of bleeding (brown blood for the most part ) I am quitting this pill - my gyn tells me to keep taking but I refuse when this could risk my health. It hurts my vision, gives me cramps, induces nausea, and I'm hoping quitting will calm down my bleeding and reset my normal menstrual cycle. This will probably be the last birth control I ever take. For all the ladies wondering when the madness ends after quitting- I'll keep in touch and refresh this review when it stops and let you guys in on my quitting journey.”

Beo95 January 7, 2021

“Everything seemed fine in the first few weeks of taking the pill and then right before starting my second pack, I started bleeding heavily and having the most awful cramps. It was like I was 13 years old all over again (keep in mind, I’m 25). So now I’m almost finished with my second pack and I’ve been bleeding heavily for like 2 1/2 weeks now. This birth control sucks. I do not recommend. I’m switching to another one as soon as I can.”

Welder girl 19 · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 13, 2019

“This pill worked perfect for me for the first month. Now it’s nothing up bleeding constantly and I’ve been on it for about 6 months. So basically 5 months of bleeding because of this pill and blood during intercourse when I get a day break from the bleeding. DO NOT RECOMMEND!”

sky · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 23, 2021

“SPRINTEC this is the worst birth control ever. At first I really liked it because this was my first experience with birth control. Until month two hit. Oh boy I was bleeding for a month straight. HORRIBLE. I wasn't even on my placebo week and I bled everywhere with HUGE blood clots. Not to mention when I wasn’t bleeding I was still experiencing the worst cramps ever. After 8 hours of taking it I would be so unbelievably nauseous. Don’t get me wrong it worked for one of my friends but NOT for me.”

still-technically-a-teenager · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 1, 2020

“Pretty great. I have PCOS and my bleeding that could last anywhere from 2 days to 50 days. Turns out I had really high testosterone and not enough estrogen. On Sprintec, I'm at a normal 7-day period, which is a significant upgrade. No visible side effects at all except gradual weight loss. Yeah weight loss! I'm the Sprintec user everyone's jealous of. No idea how effective it is at preventing pregnancy. Haven't tried it.”

Anonymous October 19, 2011

“I was put on this pill to regulate my period but I was on my period when the doctor gave it to me. I have not stopped bleeding for 3 weeks straight. I started the pill a week ago and I find it gets worse the cramps the bleeding and blood clots. I'm emotionally drained and tired all the time and feel sick. I've been on a birth control to stop bleeding before and it worked within 2 to 3 days. I don't know when I'm going to stop bleeding hopefully soon. I'm getting so tired of it. I just want to feel normal again.”

meowkittymeow June 24, 2021

“I’ve been on Tri Sprintec for about a month now and started having breakthrough bleeding 2 weeks ago, even though my period isn’t due for a week. Also I've been having painful breasts ever since starting it, I feel like I’m about to lactate since they are so swollen.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 30, 2019

“UPDATE: My Dr called me back on 12/17/19 & told me to continue taking the pill bc the bleeding is normal and will eventually stop. She also recommended to take 1 ibuprofen a day to help with the bleeding. It didn't immediately stop it but I did notice that each day I had less & less bleeding. It is now Dec. 30th & I have not bled since Dec. 24th, Thank goodness. So I will continue this pill. Other than the bleeding, I didn't experience any adverse reactions. I freaked out because I didn't know to expect bleeding. I am supposed to have my menstrual cycle this week (yes sucks that I finally got relief from bleeding, just to expect my period in a couple of days lol). So we'll see how painful my period is this time around, because that's the reason why I am taking this pill... Take care of yourselves ladies❣”

Dev April 14, 2021

“I was on this for 2 years, stopped it because I had been broken up with (didn't want babies) I no longer had a need for it. After stopping this I ended up bleeding for 2 weeks at a time, once a month I had 1 week where I wasn't on my period & I would soak an overnight pad in less then an hour. I had extreme cramps, skipped uni because I would have to go to the bathroom every 30 minutes to change my tampon& pad. I had fainting spells, sleeping in school because I couldn't stay awake I came home from school at 4, slept until the next morning everyday (due to the amount of blood loss). This birth control permanently ruined my natural mental cycle. I NEVER had this problem. I could not include the rest of my experience bc only 1000 characters are allowed, I ended up in the hospital for 4 days, 2 blood transfusions and heart failure. There was also cystic hormonal acne, suicidal thoughts and depression. I can't stop it now, or else I would end up risking my life again because it permanently messed up my reproductive organs....”

Jhen July 18, 2019

“I have always suffered from heavy bleeding since I was 16 and now I’m 39. I was put on Mirena IUD but had to have it replaced since it fell out twice. Was put on Sprintec about 8 months ago and have been spotting nonstop straight like a stuck pig in a butcher shop ever since. There have been times where I have had to change my Super + tampon and over night pad all at once with in 15mins because I bled so bad and almost fainted. I also have fibroids I have not been able to keep my appointments with my gynecologist and have to keep canceling my ultrasound/consultation for an hysterectomy due to the bleeding. And on top of this my new doctor said I should never have been put on Sprintec in the first place due to my high blood pressure. I hope this helps someone because I came here crying and fed up because I have no one else to relate to. Good luck ladies! ”

N · Taken for less than 1 month September 23, 2018

“I don’t really do this (write comments) but since I went through hell...I thought I’d share my experience. On my 3rd week of the pill, I started heavy bleeding and thought...OK this could be breakthrough bleeding. But I began bleeding heavy - clots big as my palm. I became short of breath & felt a shock through my body & felt dizzy. I was going in circles. I got an appointment with OB/GYN right away. DR did an exam, everything was ok but my pulse was 180!! He sent me to the ER. They put me on IV fluids, exams, tons of blood work, & at the end I received 2 bags of blood. They ruled it was the BC that got everything so wacky D/T all my labs & exams were ok. They advise NOT to take again. I'm on meds now to help stop the bleeding & will have a follow up with OB/GYN. I understand that the outcome of the med is different for everyone. Reason I took this BC was to regulate my periods. I would have heavy periods but never this heavy. I hope this helps anyone looking into taking a BC.”

Star November 5, 2019

“I’ve been on this Sprintec birth control since May. Completely horrible. Breakthrough bleeding all the time and recently my doctor told me to skip my placebo (which I’ve done once before and bled for 6 weeks because of it) well I spotted the first week I skipped but now I’ve been on my period for 12 days. Wondering when it will stop. I’m done taking this medication”

tlin13 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 7, 2013

“My doc prescribed Sprintec and said to use with the 'skip method' where I skip inactive pills for a few months and only getting 4 periods a year. Sprintec gave me horrible mood swings and anxiety attacks during the first few months. I was a nervous wreck and my husband hated me. I hated myself. After that it was good for a while. But now I've been spotting on and off for 3 weeks with cramping and with times of heavier bleeding. My sex life also is non-existent.”

Madden April 20, 2021

“My vagina feels like it’s about to be on the floor I’ve been bleeding since last Sunday it’s almost been two weeks well the worst 2 weeks of my life my ass feel like I don’t have one and my legs keep going numb everything hurts. I've been feeling like I’m going crazy with mood swings, you don’t even want to know. I’m not taking this anymore and I don’t recommend this for anybody take, so take at your risk”

xAcidKatt · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 28, 2019

“I have done NOTHING but bleed while on the Sprintec Pill. I have bled, and bled, and bled, to the point where I needed to use Bladder Leakage pants to help with the bleeding, as I would go through Pads and tampons like CRAZY. I used a whole box of a 18 tampons in ONE day. (Super AND regular) they were both DRIPPING. (Tmi, I know) Honestly, This is the WORST medicine I have EVER taken for Birth control. Would NOT recommend to ANYONE. I don't even take the Sugar Pills!”

Amcky4 · Taken for 5 to 10 years April 5, 2019

“I’ve been on Sprintec for about 6 years now and I would never choose anything different. I’ve been on 4 different types of the pill previously and this one works wonderfully for me. My breasts did grow a whole cup, my periods are short and regular, and I haven’t had acne my whole adult life because of sprintec. No more mood swings either! Kinda sad when I’m going to have to go off of it eventually!”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month August 14, 2019

“I started taking Sprintec the 1st day of my period and stopped the 5th day once I realized I was still bleeding heavily! Today is day 8 and I’m still on my period. Worst birth control ever! Anyone know what i should do?”

jls_14 December 22, 2015

“Sprintec sucks!!! The reason I got on the pill was so I can have sex and not get pregnant!! Well, it works because I can't have sex because I won't stop bleeding!!! I first started taking the pill in October, all was well. When I started taking the placebos, I started my period and it lasted for two weeks. It finally ended. I decided the next time to skip the placebos so I wouldn't bleed for two weeks. Well, I started to bleed anyways, and I've now been bleeding for probably close to a month now. It hasn't really helped with acne or anything either. IDK whether to continue to take the pill and hope for the best or stop taking it and maybe my bleeding will stop??? Ugh!!!”

Lilylynne2234578 March 14, 2015

“I'm starting my last row of pills tomorrow (the placebos) and I still have a period. I have been bleeding for 3 weeks straight and I'm going into the 4th. My doctor said that it could take 3 months...if I still have a period on my 2nd pack, I'm leaving this brand. This is ridiculous.”

Hollygolly · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 16, 2015

“This pill has been a godsend for me. I am 42 and have a six year old and 3 year old and have had hormonal issues since having them both: extremely heavy periods, horrible cramps, menstrual migraines, severe bloating and breast tenderness, heavy mid cycle spotting, and cyclical insomnia. After one pack of these pills, I am sold. Lighter period, no cramps. No nausea, spotting, moodiness, and I am finally sleeping better. These have been the best pills I have taken during my reproductive years so far. I hope this helps some patients, as many of these reviews can be negative.”

Jorts Borby · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 1, 2019

“I use sprintec (with permission by my doctor) to stop the year-long-straight period I had with my Nexplanon. Works great! Takes care of acne, no hormonal side effects, and most importantly I haven’t had my period in months unless I stop the pill! I finally can wear light undies and I’m saving so much on pads and panty liners. Thank you sprintec!”

moonpie98 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 22, 2019

“I've been on Sprintec for over a year now. And just recently skipped a placebo week because I was going on vacation well my plans got cancelled because of a hurricane. (This is the first time I've skipped a placebo week since I've been on it) I was spotting the week after I skipped and I've recently started bleeding heavier. I haven't had any problems with Sprintec since I've been on it. It was great until I skipped. It helped my acne A LOT it regulated my periods, which I started the pill for irregular bleeding (I bled for a month and ended up going to er for it)”

Dee777788889999 · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 3, 2012

“When I started Sprintec, a couple of days later I started having side effects. I started being really short with my kids. Then I start going into panic mode every time they went anywhere, and they both are teenagers. And I had nothing to worry about. Then I started spotting, which I know that was going to happen from reading the reviews. So I didn't mind that. But the panic attacks got worse, my chest started hurting, then I started bleeding and clotting non-stop, headaches, lightheadness. My MD, finally told me to stop taking them. I was bleeding so bad I was homebound for weeks. And I'm still bleeding some. Went for having no period, to bleeding non-stop. Thank God I'm a nurse, or I would be in hospital.”

mn2bb · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 30, 2021

“Another lovely review for Sprintec, though I know symptoms vary for everyone, resolving them is the problem that’s yet to be solved. I’ve been bleeding for over 4 weeks now, I’ve gotten dermatitis at the same time and all I’ve been doing is healthy habits and Sprintec. Not only now have I stopped taking it entirely 5 days ago, but the bleeding has now intensified. Waiting for my new prescription to stop the bleeding. Waiting for this pill to be cancelled. Prolly will have to see a dermatologist and OBGYN to fix both problems, can’t imagine what would’ve happened if I stayed on it, symptoms have yet to subside tho to this day. Wish I never started, wish the dr. that prescribed was more keen on the sensitivities I voiced earlier on.”

Lizzzcm April 9, 2019

“I got on this pill because I had non stop bleeding and of course before taking this I read every single review and almost every single review was bad. But I had no choice I had to get on it because I was on the verge of becoming anemic. I also have acne, mild acne but I wasn’t taking it to help my acne, if it would to help It would be a plus. So I’ve been on Sprintec for 4 weeks and honestly I have nothing bad to say. The only thing is that the first 2 weeks my skin did get really bad but 1 week later my skin cleared up beautifully. Usually my skin stays clear for like 3 days then I’d start breaking out again but my skin has been clear for like two weeks. I have no other side affects at all. For the purpose of it to help regulate my period I stopped bleeding for a while but I’m bleeding again, but the nurse said it might take a while to regulate so I’m waiting on that.”

Learn more about Abnormal Uterine Bleeding