User Reviews for Provera

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding

Endometriosis

Summary of Provera reviews 6.1 128 reviews

Reviews for Provera

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "At first I went in to get treatment for Uterine bleeding which I’ve had for over 3 weeks, I was prescribed Provera 10mg once a day for 10 days (which stopped the bleeding instantly). Soon after during my 5th day of taking the pill I started to cramp with slight bleeding. By the 3rd day into my “menstrual cycle” I started to bleed heavily, now I’m on my 7th day and there’s no sign of slowing down. Doctor told me typically will last 2 weeks and if I’m still bleeding heavy, I’ll need to see her. Doctor also said if I’m not changing no more than 2 pads per hour, it’s normal. I’m kinda irritated & scared."

Mums (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "It’s a good medicine overall I had really heavy bleeding and got sent to the hospital and they put me on this which was 10mg for 20days and I stopped bleeding 12 days into it . But after reading some of these comments makes me so worried because once I stop it I’ll have the “break through” bleeding. So my thing is, how are you going to put someone on something for so long then when they stop taking it then it’ll come rushing again. Hmm."

Over this (taken for less than 1 month) September 21, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I'm 43 years old and clotting and bleeding now for 14 days. In 2008 I was diagnosed with PCOS. I haven't had a period for years, and then all of a sudden out of the blue, I start to clot. Big like golf balls. Didn't leave the home at all, sometimes the clot was so big it would come down my leg. The first time I went to the ER, I had a few tests done. I also had a vaginal ultrasound, they found 2 big fibroids. I was told a normal lining of the uterus is 2mm, mine was 9mm. I was given tranexamic acid. 500 mg it stopped the clots. I only had it for 5 days. As soon as I was done the clotting came back. Then I was put on apo medroxy 10 mg. So far so good."

C A D (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2018

For Amenorrhea "Took provera because of PCOS. Started taking it for 10 days and started my period immediately after on the 10th-11th day. It does make you feel hormonal or PMS. Felt very angry and irritated while on my period, however this is one I’ll be take once every 3 months since it is considered a “natural” birth control compared to others. I did notice after not taking it for a month that I did start to bleed a little bit on my own. Not sure how next month will go but it’s been positive so far."

Kia (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 28, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Provera 60mg per day was prescribed to me to control uterine bleeding while on warferin for a PE. It did not stop the bleeding ever only reduced it. And like someone already said it here, a day after stopping taking it the bleeding became constant as if someone turned on a tap. Very scary. For me this drug did not do what it's supposed to do."

Elle (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 27, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I am 48 and I have uterine fibroids. I have heavy periods with no pain usually lasts 5 to 7 days. I don't like my gyno and I know with menopause the cyst will shrink go away. In Feb I was hospitalized with 2 blood transfusions and more iron infusions which I have had several over heavy bleeding. My husband convinced me to see a gyno so I did. I'm not happy put me on provera 5 once a day and I'm on month 2. 1st month period lasted 16 days with debilitating pain in lower end pressure, and like insides being ripped out, and had to get another iron infusion. Period 2 now so far 19 days and and today I'm getting extreme pressure again and pain. Thought it was stopping I was wrong. Passing lots of large clots and when on toilet sounds like I'm peeing. Can't have surgery right now. There has to be something else than this pill. Finding new doctor tomorrow after I get my iron levels checked again."

Drwoodring (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 15, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I'm not sure if this medicine is to blame, but I figured I'd put it out there. I hadn't had a period in several months due to PCOS. Usually l take progesterone but something possessed my obgyn and he prescribed this instead. This pill is not meant for smokers, the side effects for a smoker included heart attack and blood clots. 2 days after starting this I started hurting in my chest. Long story short it took 3 hospitals in a week and a half to figure out I was having multiple heart attacks and an aneurysm, but nobody suspected it because "I'm too young" and I've never had a history of heart problems. I've been in the hospital for 4 days now, still recovering and will continue to suffer because my heart is only pumping 35%."

Jink (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2018

For Amenorrhea "So I was prescribed Provera because I haven’t had my period in over a year and I had to take it for 5 days. I’m not sure of the dose I think 5 or 10. I started on the 24th of July and stopped on the 28th. During the 5 days I was getting like PMS and light cramping. After I stopped, it took me 6 days to finally get my period and it was heavy. Like SUPER heavy. My periods are usually heavy so it didn’t really faze me and so were my cramps, but it’s horrible when you haven't had a period in a while, you kind of forget the pain. So I’m almost on day 9 of my period and the flow is still going strong. I’m worried it won’t ever stop. My cramps are so bad it radiates to my back and down my legs and it is constant all day, I don’t know what to do. My emotions are all over the place as well, I get in an uncontrollable rage and extremely sad throughout the day. Hopefully it stops."

sierra (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I was given provera to take 3 times a day for 5 days, to help stop my bleeding (21 days from medication for my cyst). It has now been 20 days since my last pill, and I am yet to get a full periods ( I had a light dirty discharge for 2 days around 4 days after my last pill). Could it be that the two days of my discharge can be counted as a periods? It is so frustrating as I have a bottle of clomoid just still there waiting to be used "

Nicky_Nic (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "July 4 I get my cycle. I am on it for 9 days. At this time I go to the doctor. She prescribes me provera. A day or two of taking it and the cycle is gone. A week after I finished and my cycle is back, heavier than I have ever had and has been on for 8 days. I see no signs of it leaving. I went to the doctor, all they did was prescribe me provera again. I don't want to take it because it is to bring your period. I don't need it to be brought on. I want it to go away. How long am I going to be bleeding after taking this medicine. It is like I am peeing on myself and it is frustrating. Please help. I have never had any issues with long heavy cycles before. So I don't know what is going on."

CJ August 1, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "My doctor put me on 10 mg Provera for two weeks due to menorrhagia. I had been bleeding heavily for two weeks when I started with the medication. Provera slowed my vaginal bleeding down to a medium flow, some times even a light flow, but it never stopped the bleeding. On the 14th day, and last day of Provera, I started getting bad cramps that lasted for two and a half days. A day AFTER I stopped with Provera, it was like someone turned on a faucet. Blood is gushing out of me. It’s like when you sit down and urinate, only it’s blood gushing out of my uterus. It was really scary until I came on here and saw that extremely heavy bleeding seem to be normal when you first stop with Provera. Luckily, I’ve been off work the last two days and stayed in bed or on the toilet. Third day of being off Provera is tomorrow, which is also when I’m back at work. Hoping the bleeding will have slowed down a little bit by then."

Sunflower (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have had my period since I was 9 years old. I have always had heavy periods and have never been able to have kids. I was put on provera 10 the first time and I went insane. My mood changed so much my now ex husband slept in the vehicle. This time I have been on my period from the end of may until the 3rd of July. I went to the obgyn to see if I could have a hysterectomy and had my hopes up. When they got the results back there is nothing wrong with me so no surgery and back on provera 5 once a day. I've been on this med for a few weeks and I stopped bleeding for about 2 weeks and Sunday it went back to normal huge clots messing up clothes and stabbing pain. So I hope this goes away soon. Good luck to yall."

Jenbow (taken for less than 1 month) July 17, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "So I finished my 10 treatment on the 13th of this month let me start by saying oh my goodness. I really thought something was wrong with me the cramping - the CRAMPING was horrible, extremely painful I missed a day of work it was so bad. Then the bleeding like I couldn't believe I had this much I had to buy 2nd box of tampons and pads UGHHHHH. I'm on my 9th day of bleeding and its flowing like a faucet. I am just ready for it to go off my goodness."

Wanda June 17, 2018

For Amenorrhea "Provera is an effective medicine for amenorrhea. I would like to share my experience here: When I didn't get my periods on the regular dates, I went to gynecologist, he told me things are okay, the reasons of delay he told me were hormonal imbalance and stress. He gave me certain medicines and a syrup of herbal medicine to get the periods and make it regular. But, I didn't get the period inspite of taking them. So, I googled this medicine out, and got my periods after taking provera 10mg tablet daily for 5 days. I would like to thank to all who reviewed this medicine earlier."

Amruta (taken for less than 1 month) May 27, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I'm 44, I have had symptoms of menorrhagia for several years now. I was hospitalized because my hemoglobin was 5, received a couple of blood transfusions and iron during that stay. I was then referred to an OBGYN who put me on Provera 10 mg, twice a day. As I was about to start a period and already spotting, I noticed when I started Provera it stopped that and it was fantastic. Well it's now 2 weeks and 2 days after a D&C and I'm bleeding pretty heavily with large size and numerous clots, and not cramps but pain and pressure. I kind of lost track of when my actual period should start, so I don't know if what I'm experiencing is the Provera trying to normalize my previously terrible periods, because they were much worse than this, but this is still pretty bad. If I am having a period on Provera right now, it's not doing a whole lot for me anymore."

Jackie May 13, 2018

For Amenorrhea "I’m 53 years old and haven’t had a period in 10 months. However my doctor put me on Provera to make sure my uterine lining is completely shed. Do you think Provera is needed if I haven’t had a period in 10 months?"

Pearl (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 2, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Was prescribed this drug once a day for heavy bleeding that would not stop. I am 48 years old and I guess going through the change. It took 3 weeks but this med made the bleeding go away. To the ladies that have only been taking a few days and still bleeding, give it some time before you give up."

Cici (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 17, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Hi everyone OMG! I was freaking out because after the 10 days of provera 10mg I took I thought I would be ok, but after 2 days of taking the 10 day treatment my period is like running water even when I was in my heavy days I would never wake up to a stained bed and this morning it was soaking. I don't have much clots and the ones I have are small but my period lasts for 7 days and today is my 6th day and still going heavy. I hope it goes away by the 7th day. For sure I'm going to stop taking any vitamins and any pills I take that could probably make my period even more heavy. Just till this period goes away. Oh it has many side affects mine were pimples, headache, sleepiness, spotting, and shortness of breath. I Really hope after this period my next ones are light after all its like a period cleanser."

Amy (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "53 yo, abnormal prolonged bleeding clots flooding. I had scans that showed thickened wall lining on uterus 14mm plus fibroids . Prescribed 10mg Provera x twice daily for 3 months. Next scan showed huge reduction down to 6mm thickness and greatly reduced size of fibroids. A success on this side of things. Not so much for the bleeding. Will be patient."

Zenthy February 4, 2018

For Amenorrhea "Although this medication helped me restart my menstrual cycle the side effects of this drug is horrible, numbness in arms while sleeping, fatigue, muscle aches, chest pains, itching, very bad mood swings, gas/bloating, WEIGHT gain etc. There was a spot of blood on my pillow one morning after I stopped taking this pill - I don't know if it came from my nose or ears. Also this drug depletes you of nutrients. You will need to take Vitamin B Complex & Vitamin B6 I also took folic acid, iron & vitamin D. Horrible med. I took about 6 or 7 pills skipped 2 days midway. Will look for natural ways to continue my cycle. Horrible synthetic hormone period."

YCledor January 23, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I started taking this medication as I had terrible heavy flooding and felt awful, my period had been going on for a month prior to the heavy bleeding, I have dominant estrogen, I am a 50 year old peri-menopausal woman. After the first dose of 20mg there was already a dramatic improvement and I have been on it for over a week at a dose of 60mg per day and have had no side effects. So for me it is amazing!!!"

takemylead December 27, 2017

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I had what I thought was going to be a normal period, (my periods have always been heavy), until it just never stopped. It got so bad I had palm size clots and bleeding so bad I had to use cut up towels with three pads. I made a trip to the ER, all blood work was normal. I already was taking 135mg of iron and vitamin c, so I wasn't anemic even though I was bleeding so bad. They sent me home with a prescription of Provera 10mg once a day. It slowed the bleeding down but never stopped it completely. Was referred to an endocrinologist, I'm due to have a ultrasound to check for fibroids, but have to have a endometrial biopsy. I was still on provera way past the 10 days it caused shortness of breath and bad weight gain. I had to stop it."

lfields339 (taken for less than 1 month) November 12, 2017

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "November 2013 I had surgery to remove a 10-pound fibroid tumor, ever since then I have had irregular periods. My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for 5 years with no luck. I have multiple ovarian cysts that are causing sharp shooting pain. I was just put on Provera 10mg for 6 days during day 16-21 last month. After the first day of taking it, I have been bleeding heavily; I have used a whole box of pads in less than 7 days of bleeding. I am used to having 1-3 day period, so this sucks major."

carrie84 November 5, 2017

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Been on this medication for nearly week now. I am bleeding terribly, really bad cramping. I am 42 now and I have had in reg periods for 3yrs but now it's nightmare. It just feels like you are only person going through this it drags you down. Lady's any idea how long this pills take kick in to bring the bleeding to an end?"

deenjac (taken for less than 1 month) October 26, 2017

For Amenorrhea "I was given this pill to take because I stopped having a period for 6 months. Put me on this for 10 days and the very first day of taking a pill I spotted. Then light period for 5 days. Then the next month. No period. So started taking the pills again. Not till the LAST pill was there blood. It was light at first for 3 days, now I have been bleeding So heavy non stop! I’ve been bleeding 10 days straight! Is something wrong? Called my doctor and they were “busy” said call back. Never did I can’t stand that office"

Tffny1980 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 16, 2017