User Reviews for Provera

5.2

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding

Summary of Provera reviews 6.0 136 reviews

Reviews for Provera

For Amenorrhea "I have irregular periods and I’ve been trying to get pregnant so my ob proscribed Provera pill to take for 10 days well I took mine for 9 days and got my period 2-3 days after which was great! But now a week later I am bleeding lightly pink blood an my OB does not know why): I have read something’s where you don’t ovulate by taking Provera so I doubt I’m pregnant. Trying not to freak out . Hope everyone will have a good experience with Provera ."

Shame (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2019

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I'm taking it for almost 2 weeks now and bleeding while taking it. Is the blood clot and cramping normal? The pain is killing me I don't know what to do! I was diagnosed with hyperplasia without atypia and multiple fibroids too."

ScarletRose (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2019

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Hello I had previously commented and would like to do a follow up. I was bleeding for over a week and started taking Provera. My Dr. gives me 6 mos worth, not 10 days worth as I read over and over again on this forum (one 10mg pill once a day). I bled worse for 3 weeks and as of now for 5 days straight no bleeding at all. It just takes time to work. The cramping and bleeding were bad for the 3 weeks "cleaning out" phase. I felt horrible, but now I feel like a new woman. No cramps, no bleeding and other than a little fatigue, no side effects from the Provera. I was on this med 2 previous times and it worked the same both times. After I take it for a while I stop and let my body rest from it until I bleed again and my Dr. puts me on it again. I hope this is helpful!"

Missy (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 16, 2019

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Went to the OB in Oct-2018 for abnormal uterine bleeding. Dec-2018 they prescribe 10mg Provera for 14 days. OB suggested I start 1-1-19 until 1-14(easy to remember) OB said while taking the medication call for any bleeding. Day 4, start bleeding. Told me to stop it. 3 days in bled through pads every 2-3 hours. I'm never heavy. Go to ER, Ultrasound, everything looks "fine" (thick lining). Made follow up appt. My OB quit, I had to switch OBs. The OB says try the Provera again but at higher dose 20mg. Told if bleeding to continue taking the Provera the 14 days. I hadn't taken the Provera since Jan 4th. The Provera made me bleed for over 20 days. Prior to Feb 1st the bleeding stopped. I called. OB told me to take the Provera anyway. I'm not bleeding anymore. Took it still. 2-1 to 2-12 no bleeding. Cramps, awful. Breasts hurt. The 13th started bleeding. I hadn't even taken the last dose. Bled heavy for 20 days afterwards again. Still spotting, 3-1. Now has me taking 20 mg everyday. 3-11, Having a period while taking it."

AUB for a Year Now (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 11, 2019

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have been on this med several times , I am 48 years old going through menopause and have had abnormal bleeding off and on for 2 years. From what I understand 10 days on this med is not going to make you stop bleeding. What it does is "clean" you out first before it thins the lining enough to stop the bleeding. When I take it I bleed worse for a couple weeks, clots come out and then it stops and stays stopped so all the ladies taking it for 10 days give it more time please. The cramps are bad during the "cleaning" phase also but trust me it will get better."

Missy (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 28, 2019

For Amenorrhea "This medicine is HORRIBLE!!! It made my period beyond heavy and painful and last for over 2 weeks! It also made me really depressed"

Dee (taken for 10 years or more) December 29, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have been bleeding for 26 days straight. My Dr. put me on provera to take along with my birth control pills (new user and 2nd month on BCP) all which is due to PCOS. 1 pill a day for 21 days. Well so far the bleeding is still going on and it's my 3rd day taking the provera. How long does it take for this medication to stop my bleeding. It's driving me insane."

Justleave (taken for less than 1 month) December 11, 2018

For Amenorrhea "Stopped taking it 2 weeks ago. I've had cramps, back ache, a huge zit on my face. I am 50 in December. Haven't had a period in a year. Gyn gave me Provera due to a thicker than normal lining. Don't know what's next? Just want some relief. I'm so bloated it's not even funny. Look pregnant. This medicine didn't work for me."

NancyS21 (taken for less than 1 month) October 27, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "At first I went in to get treatment for Uterine bleeding which I’ve had for over 3 weeks, I was prescribed Provera 10mg once a day for 10 days (which stopped the bleeding instantly). Soon after during my 5th day of taking the pill I started to cramp with slight bleeding. By the 3rd day into my “menstrual cycle” I started to bleed heavily, now I’m on my 7th day and there’s no sign of slowing down. Doctor told me typically will last 2 weeks and if I’m still bleeding heavy, I’ll need to see her. Doctor also said if I’m not changing no more than 2 pads per hour, it’s normal. I’m kinda irritated & scared."

Mums (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "It’s a good medicine overall I had really heavy bleeding and got sent to the hospital and they put me on this which was 10mg for 20days and I stopped bleeding 12 days into it . But after reading some of these comments makes me so worried because once I stop it I’ll have the “break through” bleeding. So my thing is, how are you going to put someone on something for so long then when they stop taking it then it’ll come rushing again. Hmm."

Over this (taken for less than 1 month) September 21, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I'm 43 years old and clotting and bleeding now for 14 days. In 2008 I was diagnosed with PCOS. I haven't had a period for years, and then all of a sudden out of the blue, I start to clot. Big like golf balls. Didn't leave the home at all, sometimes the clot was so big it would come down my leg. The first time I went to the ER, I had a few tests done. I also had a vaginal ultrasound, they found 2 big fibroids. I was told a normal lining of the uterus is 2mm, mine was 9mm. I was given tranexamic acid. 500 mg it stopped the clots. I only had it for 5 days. As soon as I was done the clotting came back. Then I was put on apo medroxy 10 mg. So far so good."

C A D (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2018

For Amenorrhea "Took provera because of PCOS. Started taking it for 10 days and started my period immediately after on the 10th-11th day. It does make you feel hormonal or PMS. Felt very angry and irritated while on my period, however this is one I’ll be take once every 3 months since it is considered a “natural” birth control compared to others. I did notice after not taking it for a month that I did start to bleed a little bit on my own. Not sure how next month will go but it’s been positive so far."

Kia (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 28, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Provera 60mg per day was prescribed to me to control uterine bleeding while on warferin for a PE. It did not stop the bleeding ever only reduced it. And like someone already said it here, a day after stopping taking it the bleeding became constant as if someone turned on a tap. Very scary. For me this drug did not do what it's supposed to do."

Elle (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 27, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I am 48 and I have uterine fibroids. I have heavy periods with no pain usually lasts 5 to 7 days. I don't like my gyno and I know with menopause the cyst will shrink go away. In Feb I was hospitalized with 2 blood transfusions and more iron infusions which I have had several over heavy bleeding. My husband convinced me to see a gyno so I did. I'm not happy put me on provera 5 once a day and I'm on month 2. 1st month period lasted 16 days with debilitating pain in lower end pressure, and like insides being ripped out, and had to get another iron infusion. Period 2 now so far 19 days and and today I'm getting extreme pressure again and pain. Thought it was stopping I was wrong. Passing lots of large clots and when on toilet sounds like I'm peeing. Can't have surgery right now. There has to be something else than this pill. Finding new doctor tomorrow after I get my iron levels checked again."

Drwoodring (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 15, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I'm not sure if this medicine is to blame, but I figured I'd put it out there. I hadn't had a period in several months due to PCOS. Usually l take progesterone but something possessed my obgyn and he prescribed this instead. This pill is not meant for smokers, the side effects for a smoker included heart attack and blood clots. 2 days after starting this I started hurting in my chest. Long story short it took 3 hospitals in a week and a half to figure out I was having multiple heart attacks and an aneurysm, but nobody suspected it because "I'm too young" and I've never had a history of heart problems. I've been in the hospital for 4 days now, still recovering and will continue to suffer because my heart is only pumping 35%."

Jink (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2018

For Amenorrhea "So I was prescribed Provera because I haven’t had my period in over a year and I had to take it for 5 days. I’m not sure of the dose I think 5 or 10. I started on the 24th of July and stopped on the 28th. During the 5 days I was getting like PMS and light cramping. After I stopped, it took me 6 days to finally get my period and it was heavy. Like SUPER heavy. My periods are usually heavy so it didn’t really faze me and so were my cramps, but it’s horrible when you haven't had a period in a while, you kind of forget the pain. So I’m almost on day 9 of my period and the flow is still going strong. I’m worried it won’t ever stop. My cramps are so bad it radiates to my back and down my legs and it is constant all day, I don’t know what to do. My emotions are all over the place as well, I get in an uncontrollable rage and extremely sad throughout the day. Hopefully it stops."

sierra (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I was given provera to take 3 times a day for 5 days, to help stop my bleeding (21 days from medication for my cyst). It has now been 20 days since my last pill, and I am yet to get a full periods ( I had a light dirty discharge for 2 days around 4 days after my last pill). Could it be that the two days of my discharge can be counted as a periods? It is so frustrating as I have a bottle of clomoid just still there waiting to be used "

Nicky_Nic (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "July 4 I get my cycle. I am on it for 9 days. At this time I go to the doctor. She prescribes me provera. A day or two of taking it and the cycle is gone. A week after I finished and my cycle is back, heavier than I have ever had and has been on for 8 days. I see no signs of it leaving. I went to the doctor, all they did was prescribe me provera again. I don't want to take it because it is to bring your period. I don't need it to be brought on. I want it to go away. How long am I going to be bleeding after taking this medicine. It is like I am peeing on myself and it is frustrating. Please help. I have never had any issues with long heavy cycles before. So I don't know what is going on."

CJ August 1, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "My doctor put me on 10 mg Provera for two weeks due to menorrhagia. I had been bleeding heavily for two weeks when I started with the medication. Provera slowed my vaginal bleeding down to a medium flow, some times even a light flow, but it never stopped the bleeding. On the 14th day, and last day of Provera, I started getting bad cramps that lasted for two and a half days. A day AFTER I stopped with Provera, it was like someone turned on a faucet. Blood is gushing out of me. It’s like when you sit down and urinate, only it’s blood gushing out of my uterus. It was really scary until I came on here and saw that extremely heavy bleeding seem to be normal when you first stop with Provera. Luckily, I’ve been off work the last two days and stayed in bed or on the toilet. Third day of being off Provera is tomorrow, which is also when I’m back at work. Hoping the bleeding will have slowed down a little bit by then."

Sunflower (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have had my period since I was 9 years old. I have always had heavy periods and have never been able to have kids. I was put on provera 10 the first time and I went insane. My mood changed so much my now ex husband slept in the vehicle. This time I have been on my period from the end of may until the 3rd of July. I went to the obgyn to see if I could have a hysterectomy and had my hopes up. When they got the results back there is nothing wrong with me so no surgery and back on provera 5 once a day. I've been on this med for a few weeks and I stopped bleeding for about 2 weeks and Sunday it went back to normal huge clots messing up clothes and stabbing pain. So I hope this goes away soon. Good luck to yall."

Jenbow (taken for less than 1 month) July 17, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "So I finished my 10 treatment on the 13th of this month let me start by saying oh my goodness. I really thought something was wrong with me the cramping - the CRAMPING was horrible, extremely painful I missed a day of work it was so bad. Then the bleeding like I couldn't believe I had this much I had to buy 2nd box of tampons and pads UGHHHHH. I'm on my 9th day of bleeding and its flowing like a faucet. I am just ready for it to go off my goodness."

Wanda June 17, 2018

For Amenorrhea "Provera is an effective medicine for amenorrhea. I would like to share my experience here: When I didn't get my periods on the regular dates, I went to gynecologist, he told me things are okay, the reasons of delay he told me were hormonal imbalance and stress. He gave me certain medicines and a syrup of herbal medicine to get the periods and make it regular. But, I didn't get the period inspite of taking them. So, I googled this medicine out, and got my periods after taking provera 10mg tablet daily for 5 days. I would like to thank to all who reviewed this medicine earlier."

Amruta (taken for less than 1 month) May 27, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I'm 44, I have had symptoms of menorrhagia for several years now. I was hospitalized because my hemoglobin was 5, received a couple of blood transfusions and iron during that stay. I was then referred to an OBGYN who put me on Provera 10 mg, twice a day. As I was about to start a period and already spotting, I noticed when I started Provera it stopped that and it was fantastic. Well it's now 2 weeks and 2 days after a D&C and I'm bleeding pretty heavily with large size and numerous clots, and not cramps but pain and pressure. I kind of lost track of when my actual period should start, so I don't know if what I'm experiencing is the Provera trying to normalize my previously terrible periods, because they were much worse than this, but this is still pretty bad. If I am having a period on Provera right now, it's not doing a whole lot for me anymore."

Jackie May 13, 2018

For Amenorrhea "I’m 53 years old and haven’t had a period in 10 months. However my doctor put me on Provera to make sure my uterine lining is completely shed. Do you think Provera is needed if I haven’t had a period in 10 months?"

Pearl (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 2, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Was prescribed this drug once a day for heavy bleeding that would not stop. I am 48 years old and I guess going through the change. It took 3 weeks but this med made the bleeding go away. To the ladies that have only been taking a few days and still bleeding, give it some time before you give up."

Cici (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 17, 2018