User Reviews for Provera

Learn more about Provera.

Amenorrhea 36 reviews 27 medications

5.6
Endometriosis 1 reviews 160 medications

Summary of Provera reviews 76 reviews 5.7

Reviews for Provera

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I'm a 31 year old diagnosed with PCOS. I've been having irregular periods since the age of 15. They put me on birth control which regulated them. Now older they are worried about my blood pressure and blood clots. The longest I've gone without a period is a year and a half. The last 3 months ive had spotting everyday. Dr put me on Provera 10 pills every 3 months. I got my period on the 4th day of taking pills and am now dealing with debilitating cramps, heavy bleeding and clotting bigger than quarter size. I bleed through a tampon and pad every hour. Had to leave work early today because I bled through my pants in a matter of 30 minutes. It's been like this for 3 days and is unbearable. When will it end?"

Kookygrl21 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 16, 2016

For Amenorrhea "I'm 18 and had very regular periods every month for 4 years and they stopped for no reason. Played the wait game & before I knew it 3 whole years has passed. 5 day 10mg provera challenge starting July 1st and on July 9th, 4 days after my last pill got my period. Not a terrible period for me like everyone else. A little heavy, mild cramping but my periods use to be worse. Also, does anybody know if it's true if my periods come back on their own after 3 provera cycles? Read that a few places but idk if it's true."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2016

For Amenorrhea "my updated I wrote on here before.... well I been taking Provera from February til June my periods always come on time or a day early it was making my cycle day 30-32-33 but now I supposed to get my period now it not coming on I'm on day 5 off the pill and that when it come on early in the morning but nothing I thought I was clear of pregnancy I DD 10 days before my next period with was about 3 weeks after my last period . ."

LashayW (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 11, 2016

For Amenorrhea "I was on birth control for 8 months when my husband and I decided to try and get pregnant. I stopped taking birth control mid March, I started taking prenatal vitamins mid march, and one and a half months later I still never got my period so I decided to go see my obgyn. She did blood work and everything came out normal so she decided to put me on provera once every day for 10 days. Three days after finishing provera I started my period and it lasted 7 days. After I finished my period on June 6th my husband and I were sexually active and my cycle should've started around June 30th but I still haven't started my period so first thing this morning I took a pregnancy test and it came out negative. I dont know what's going on..."

Ms.Quintana (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 9, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have bled 60+ days. I am on day two of provera. The nausea, cramping, diarrhea, bloating, and vaginal dryness is horrible, I have stopped bleeding though. I am scheduled for 10mg for 10 days for the next three months."

Emily1234 (taken for less than 1 month) July 8, 2016

For Amenorrhea "I have never had a normal cycle, I started on birth control very young because I had constant bleeding that was almost never ending for years. I switched the type of birth control I was on over the years at least 15 times and nothing was able to control the relentless bleeding. At 24 I got married and stopped taking the pill all together, at which time my cycle also completely stopped. For a year my husband and I tried to conceive with no luck so finally I switched to an obgyn specialist who prescribed me Provera. I took the Provera for 10 days & by day 6 or 7 I had already began my period which lasted for 7 days. Two weeks after my period stopped I conceived my daughter. I highly recommend Provera for infertility problems!"

Ifm (taken for less than 1 month) July 3, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I'm 62 and have had spotty bleeding for the last 12 years, AFTER menopause had definitely set in. Recently the bleeding has intensified with cramps and small clots. Obviously something is wrong, but I need to get the bleeding under control first. The doctor prescribed the Provera 10 mg once daily for 10 days. It seemed to stop the bleeding if I took it to the exact hour every day, but if I missed a dose by a couple hours, then bleeding again. So I doubled the dose and started taking 1 tablet every 12-18 hours, which helped, mostly. The cramps have lessened but not disappeared. And I've had a dull headache for a week, with some relief as time goes on. How long am I going to have to take this drug so I can stop wearing a pad? Yuck."

GYPSYNELEH June 20, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "After four months with no period I went to the doctor and was put on provera. By the time I got to my second pill my period already started. I've never bled or been in so much pain. The doctor told me to take between 5-7 since I got it early. As of today I've officially been on my period for THREE WEEKS. I now realize the wickedness behind pharmaceuticals. They don't fix you, they cause more problems. My advice to everyone: look up a functional medicine doctor near you. They can fix your cycle, help you get pregnant, fix your thyorid. Whatever the issue is they will get to the bottom of it and they WILL HEAL YOU. NATURALLY. I wish I knew what I know now before getting on these man made drugs with more side effects than I can list."

MAWM07 June 10, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Last September I went to the OB-GYN for my heavy bleeding because I am tired of taking birth control and other meds. They prescribed me with Provera in an attempt to prolong my "dry time". It seemed to work for about 2 months and then suddenly I began having issues with even heavier bleeding, passing large clots, and shorter cycles (18-21 days). This continued until March of this year, when I bled so heavily I had to be put in the hospital for an emergency D&C and had to have a blood transfusion (3 units). Now I continually have issues with hemorrhaging. The Provera made an already bad situation worse. Now it looks like I may have to pursue surgical options as a result. If you are wondering whether or not to take Provera, DON'T!!"

RP0925 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 19, 2016

For Amenorrhea "I'm 22 and went 6 years without a cycle. Finally the doctors prescibed me provera 1 10mg for 10 days. It took 14 days to get my period but It came, I was so relieved something finally worked! No side effects except my period and thats what I wanted!"

jewles263 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 16, 2016

For Amenorrhea "During the ten days on Provera I was emotional, my boobs hurt severely, my face broke out like crazy, and I had horrible fatigue. Two days after the 10 days of taking Provera, I have the worst period I have ever had in my entire life. Having to change my pad/ tampon every single hour was disgusting, I couldn't even enjoy a shower because even afterward I still bled non stop. Each day that passes, the heavier my period gets. Today is my 6th day, and 4,5,&6 where heavy as hell, but 5&6 had excruciating cramps. And too many blood clots! :( I do not recommend this pill at all."

heyitsjessayy May 1, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have been prescribed Provera as I get heavy period for a day then the rest of days r normal. After examine, Dr found cyst and have become large. So she has prescribed for 24 days two tablets in morning and two in the evening. I don't know whether this medicine would remove cyst or become small in size."

Janiyabaniya April 25, 2016

"I'm 24 years old and have always had a pretty regular period. I missed a period last month and immediately went to the dr to make sure everything was okay. He confirmed it was probably stress due to the numerous issues I listed and prescribed provera 10mg once a day for 10 days. He said this would make me have a period after the 10 days so that my next period wouldn't be so bad. Day 1 didn't sleep for 27 hours. Day 2 I got extremely weak but couldn't sleep at all and the cramps started rapidly. Day 3 I'm in tears from all the pain and pressure in my lower stomach and back. Day 4 I can't get up from heating pad no appetite face is broken out in red blotches I'm bloated and feel huge and my mood is terrible. I will not take another pill. Ever"

Kalynn0820 March 27, 2016

For Amenorrhea "I was on the birth control pill for 11- 12 years because I was having my periods in 6-8 months and was bleeding very heavy ... last year in August 2015 I stop taking my pill and start using progesterone cream, black cohosh, vitex, etc and my periods came on twice using this item so my did not came on for 3 months and it finally start in Jan 1, 2016 so around the end of Feb 25 , 2016 I went to my gyno to ask for provera I heard good stuff about this medicine online and she wrote me an prescription for it and I took it on Feb 27,2016 10mg for 10days and five day off the pill my period came on it last about 7 days... now it almost time for second round of provera hope it work again"

lashayW (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 25, 2016

For Amenorrhea "Did exactly what it was suppose to! Thank you for giving me period provera! Now I have a beautiful daughter"

amberlyne (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 21, 2016

For Amenorrhea "I've always had VERY Irregular periods due to kidney failure. Im 22 years old and have went as long as 6 years without a period. The first time I was prescribed Provera I took 1 10 mg pill a day for 10 days. It took 2 weeks to get my period, I was so excited because I didn't think it was going to work for me. My period came back for 6 months without missing a beat, after it stopped coming I had to redose and I'd get it for another 6 months at a time. I was having the worst time falling but finally a miracle happened for me! If it wasnt for provera giving me my period Im almost certain I wouldn't be holding my baby girl in my arms. I would give it a 10 rating if it wasn't for me having to redose so often"

gatormom73 March 16, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "My whole life I've had horrible periods. After having 3 kids my gyno finally discovered that my ovaries produce way too many eggs and my uterus has an extra thick lining. My tubes have been tied for 9 yrs. After having nightmare periods my Dr prescribed me provera. I've been on it for 2 months. The Dr said that as long as I take it, I won't have a period. Well I started a wk ago on my period again. It's been nonstop w absolutely no signs of quitting. I'm incredibly frustrated. The cramps and fatigue are more than I can handle."

Beth6911 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 11, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "My cycle have been on for over 3 months so I went to the doctor. She prescribed provera. The first day after starting the medication I cramped (I'm not a cramper). The cramps stopped but the bleeding never did. About two weeks on the pill, I started bleeding really heavy and passing too many clots then I came research. I wouldn't recommend this drug to anyone."

ZeeC March 7, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I am 43, and Doctor says I am perimenopausal. My progesterone is not high enough. I did not have my period since November. My doctor prescribed me Provera. Have taken for 5 days and started my period on a second day after taking the last pill. Started bleeding like a normal flow on Tuesday. Had minor cramping. Since Tuesday cramping was getting worse and worse. And today on Friday could not go to work as I am passing large blood clots. Have to change super pads every hour. Can't wait for this nightmare to stop. How long can this heavy part last? The last 24 hours were awfully heavy, losing too much blood. Should I go to emergency room? Or should I wait? My doctor said to wait it out. But I am crying, and feeling miserable."

Mk123456 (taken for less than 1 month) February 27, 2016

For Amenorrhea "I'm 26 years old and have always had irregular periods. Recently found out that I have PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome) and was prescribed provera. I took it twice a day for 10 days...and started bleeding about 3 days after they finished. I can honestly say it was the worst period I've ever had! It was very heavy & I felt sick and dizzy. And I was so emotional and I never get any sort of PMS usually. My period also lasted for 10 days. It stopped on Sunday there and I'm bleeding again today (Thursday). Is this normal? Has anyone else experienced this?"

rach710 February 25, 2016

For Amenorrhea "Had provera for 7 days 10mg to start my period I've missed 48 periods over 5yrs of no periods on the 5th day from my last pill I got my full period I'm on 5th day very heavy how long should I be bleeding??"

kmcauleyus February 18, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Well my period stopped for two months. And then came back on in nov of last year and has been ever since with heavy flowing. My doctor prescribe provera for 10 days and after I was finish it came back on and much more. So I'm trying provera the second time and hope for the best."

Babypfat (taken for less than 1 month) February 1, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I'm 42 years old. I'm diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I've been stuggling with this for 20 years, right after I had my son. I was recently diagnosed with PCOS. I went to the doctor because I had constant bleeding, spotting, cramps, etc. The Gyn made some tests and I got polyps on my upper side of the uterus. I went for a surgery, and got them out. To reduce the bleeding, the Dr prescribed Provera. Took the pill as told, got my period after 7 day. First days were fine, but the last 5 of them were heavy, with clots...It was horrible, but it helped me to stop the abnormal bleeding. Before the treatment, I was very depressed, just by not been able to leave the house without a pad,was stressful. Now, I can have my life back!"

Living Hope (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 27, 2016

For Amenorrhea "I am 20 years old and have had an irregular period my whole life. It was recently discovered that I have PCOS. I was placed on provera for five days to essentially kick start my period. Well it worked. Two days after taking the last pill I had a normal period start. Now the last three days have been extremely heavy flow with strong cramping and some nausea."

Moranda January 4, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I went almost 3 months without a period. I should've known I was in for trouble but I just let it slide until the day I started my period. I bled for 5 weeks non stop. It was very heavy with lots of large clots. I went to the ER eventually and the Dr prescribed me provera 10 mg for 10 days. It was awesome for 10 days almost no bleeding just spotting here and there. I came off of provera and 2 days later I'm bleeding 10 times worse and a lot more clots then I was before taking the drug. Somethings got to give I just want to be able to be normal again!"

I just want to be normal again (taken for less than 1 month) December 12, 2015