User Reviews for Provera

Learn more about Provera.

Amenorrhea 44 reviews 34 medications

5.2
Endometriosis 2 reviews 167 medications

Summary of Provera reviews 99 reviews 6.0

Reviews for Provera

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I got a novasure ablation 5 years ago because of the heavy bleeding and having to change pads and tampons every hour. The gush feeling after changing while conducting a 15 min. meeting was unbearable. The ablation was the best thing ever until... i started bleeding again. My Dr. put me on Provera 2x daily for 7 days following 1x daily for 7 days. One day passed after completing the prescription and the heavy bleeding with huge clots worse than prior to the ablation, along with severe cramping, similar to contractions is making me regret ever taking this drug. Im on day 3 of heavy bleeding, severe cramping, terrible bloating that I have never experienced before. I'm feeling discouraged reading that some women bled heavy for more than 2 wks"

45momto4 (taken for less than 1 month) July 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I was bleeding for 10 days and it got crazy heavy. I went to the doctor and she prescribed 30mg/ day for 7 days and then taper down to 20 for 7 day, then 10 for 7 days. This seems really crazy! Has anyone ever heard of this dose being prescribed?"

Courtcolor (taken for less than 1 month) June 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "My last normal cycle was the 23rd of March 2017. On the 10th of April I started spotting on the 11th it stopped then I started spotting on the 14th then it stopped on the 15th then started bleeding on the 18th of April until the month ending very heavy and lots of clots. I went to the clinic and then sent me for a ultrasound and blood test I didn't have the money to do these so the following week I checked myself into the emergency room at the hospital they gave me provera to stop the bleeding which it stopped in 5 days of taking 2 pills 3 times a day. The scans came back negative of any growths. I started bleeding again on the 24th now taking provera prescribed at 2 pills 2 times its day 5 still bleeding from the 24th I'm so tired ....."

PinkKryptonite June 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I started my period in March. It's been mostly light bleeding but on Friday it got pretty heavy. By Tuesday I was in the ER because I was just passing softball sized ball every single time I stood up. I went to see my obgyn today and he prescribed me with provera. Prior to taking it, I was still passing huge clots and just overall felt miserable. I've barely had an appetite and just felt so tired. Within two hours of taking this pill, I could feel the difference. I had more energy, I don't feel stabbing pain in my lower back from cramps, and I don't feel like a waterfall is going to come pouring out of me when I stand up. I know this is only the first day and I still have 13 days to go on this pill, but so far it's been amazing."

Jlynnxoxo (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I was put on Provera for abnormal bleeding due to uterine fibroids. It didn't help with the bleeding only made it worst. I had clotting the size of a golf ball and bad cramping...was told by nurse it can take up to 10 days for it to work well I was on it for 14 days and nothing changed."

D Robinson2798 April 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have been bleeding for 42 days. When I was at 31 days bleeding I went to my doc and he gave me 10mg provera for 10 days, I started the pill on a Thursday and Saturday and Sunday no bleeding so I was super excited! Monday I started bleeding again and have been ever since which is now 42 days. Had bloodwork and ultrasound just to be told all is normal. Anyone else experience this??"

Canadiangirl79 (taken for less than 1 month) April 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Amenorrhea "From January 2015 my period started being irregular and I haven't had my period since June last year (2016). My doctor recommended provera, 5mg for 10 days. My period came 4 days after the last pill. Am so happy and I hope it becomes regular again."

Faith5683 February 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Amenorrhea "First time on provera and I must say I'm very drowsy. I've always had irregular periods and my obgyn prescribe provera for me... keeping my fingers crossed "

Kiki1820 February 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Amenorrhea "I took the depo shot for a year and a half. I got off 5 years ago and still have had irregular periods which isn't normal for me. After seeing a obgyn she just told me to wait around and change my diet. Six months later I'm still not having regular cycles. So I changed my obgyn and I love her to pieces! She told me that she'll put me on the provera 5 day challenge I started yesterday upon taking the pill i already felt pms symptoms especially cramping. I'll update later as I'm going into my third day"

CrowLife (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I am 52 years old and clearly have been through the change of life. I've had no period for years. All of a sudden, I have some spotting so I go to my doctor. He does a surgical procedure to scrape the lining of my uterus and then puts me on 2, 10 mg Medroxyprogesterone a day, for 20 days. Four days after my last pill the bleeding started. I have NEVER had such a bad period in all of my 52 years of life! I have had 3 children and this is worse than the labor of all three!! I will NEVER take that medicine again!! They can do a hysterectomy and take the womb I haven't needed in decades. I can't even leave the house because when I stand up, I gush blood!! Roll over in bed, gush blood!! Not Happy!! Why didn't my doctor warn me about this?????"

GrumpyGranny (taken for less than 1 month) February 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Amenorrhea "I was prescribed Provera for 10 days at 6pm every day. I have had no period since my early 20's and then it was only on meds. I have long history of hormonal problems and have been diagnosed with Amenohrrea as many of you, and I have been in and out of IVF specialist clinics while they all tried to sell me theirs since and no one would actually help or give hope to concieve but they were all quick to say that I had premature Ovarian failure however, I never gave up and found a Dr. a fertility specialist and although I am over weight, have been found to have thyroid issues, and have a thin endometrium with high I repeat high levels of Estrogen. I was prescribed this little pill aka Provera. So ladies do not loose hope, ask God & trust!"

V007 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "April 2016 out of the blue after having normal cycles and 5 pregnancies, I started hemorrhage and passing softball size clots. My doctor started me on 10 mg provera and that slowed down the bleeding. It has been 42 continuous days of bleeding then they raised the provera to 20 mg. They worked for two months then started spotting. They raised to 30. Well now I'm on 40 mg.. I'm not liking some of the mood side effects. I'm not sure if this medication is for me.."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I've had pcos since I was a teen, very irregular periods dr says I don't ovulate. High school sweet heart and I got married and we want children. It's very difficult having pcos. Dr proscribed provera to induce a period. She said it would shed the lining and would be like starting "new". Took 1 pill a day for 7 days. Took 3 days to start my period after last pill. I do not recommend this pill to anyone. I've had severe bleeding for several days and large blood clots. I soak through at least 2 super plus tampons an hour. It leaks so bad through the tampon I have to also wear pads. Pads have rubbed me raw and the baby bleeding and constant changing of tampons has made me raw from the top of my vagina to my butthole. I'm very weak and dizzy."

Pcos (taken for less than 1 month) December 10, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Amenorrhea "I went without a period for 7 years and also had other fertility issues. If I didn't get prescibed this medication I wouldn't have been able to conceive. I don't remember having side effects because I was so happy I got my cycle! The first time I took provera it took 2+ weeks to get my period I thought it hadn't worked but to my surprise It had! So happy my obgyn prescribed me this."

Provera=life (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 9, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I am 39 years old my whole life I had normal periods some months the cramping was awful but they were regular same time every month then about 2 years ago they began coming earlier every month I was having 1 twice a month I saw my Gyno 5 months ago (July) who did ultrasound said it all looked normal I was back in Oct the bleeding was getting worse he prescribed Provera 10mg once a day to start when I began bleeding again he said it would stop the bleeding so I did as instructed and bled for 10 days straight it stopped only to return 9 days later for another 9 days, stopped for a week then started again the 17th of this month(Nov) this time it started brown in color it is the 30th STILL bleeding"

twina77 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was on this For 5 YEARS UNTIL My DOCOTR MADE ME Get Off SINCE THIS CAUSES low bone density. I regret being on it so long but was scared to try anything else and get pregnant. Pros- no periods/cramps and no pregnancy Cons-weight gain. I was a soccer player my entire high school career and walked everywhere. I gained 40 pounds in 5 year period. 20 pounds first year. It didn't stop. I went from 150 lbs to 206. At this point I wanted to get off and I reached 5 year limit. I HIGHLY DO NOT RECCOMMEND"

Momma_bear12345 (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Endometriosis "I have been on Provera 10mg for almost 3 months now. My first monthly period was painful and heavy. My second was a regular plus I clotted a lot. With my 3 rd cycle I only spotted off and on for 3 days. I haven;t seen a cycle since. Besides the cramps and the spotting every now and then. I highly recommend this medicine. I have to take provera 10mg daily for 6 months to remove pre cancerous cell off my uterus. I have a 12yrs old son and now me and my husband are praying for another child which will be his first biological child. Has anyone besides me missed a cycle while on Provera. I have taken two home pregnancy tests a week apart and they both said the same thing ( Negative)"

ydavis (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Amenorrhea "I get very hot with this medicine otherwise it works very well. I had my menstrual cycle for 4 months. I had a biopsy and I was diagnosed with precancerous cells on my uterus. Plus, I'm not ovulating so I needed to take this to get rid of my precancerous cells."

Lauren's October 20, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I took depo in june and a week later i started bleeding heavy... So i was told to get another shot early,so i would stop bleeding ....It didnt work im still bleeding and its october....so i went to the doctor he gave me provera and its day 2 of the pills the bleeding is lighting.... Let hope everything will go bak to normal..."

Helpppp October 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Amenorrhea "I haven't had a period in years I had my hormones checked and everything came back normal. The Dr wanted me to try provera challenge. I'm on my 4th pill. I haven't had any side effects I don't feel its going to work. I dont have PMS. I don't have sore Breasts I don't have any cramps. I did take it at bedtime in case I feel drowsey and non of that has happened. If I don't bleed when I finish these pills then I either have hypothalmus or i went into ovarian failure :'-("

Menapausebefore30 September 25, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "After giving birth to my son in 2003, I refused to take any kind of birth control pill/shots. I've had irregular periods for years until last year when I started bleeding heavily, soaking up my pads within an hour up to the point that blood came rushing down my legs. I was afraid that maybe I had tumors or fibroids and maybe I needed surgery. Doctor gave me an ultrasound and found nothing wrong with my uterus. He gave me Provera 10 mg, once a day for 14 days. Took it for 2 months and had an absence of period for about 6 months. Had regular periods for 5 months and started again so I saw another doctor last month and told me to take provera again. I'm just waiting for my period to be over that way I can be comfortable again."

KatieKat1983 September 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "This medicine has been a complete life changer for me. Having heavy periods 4 months non stop bleeding I am 40 years old. I was prescribed 10 milligrams for 10 days. If it wasn't for this medicine my everyday life would be unbearable. Some drugs aren't for everyone. This one is by far the best. Everyone says it can cause cancer it has bad side effects. Doesn't everything in life cause cancer and have bad side effects this drug is so helpful prolonged uterine bleeding I would recommend this to anyone. This medicine save me from a complete hysterectomy so why everyone voices their opinions on it don't take it go on and bleed and deal with it and quit complaining about it maybe if it wasn't for the stress in your life your periods would be reg"

Best ever drug (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 3, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Amenorrhea "I was on Depo Provera shot for 1.5 years before wanting to change to natural family planning. After getting off the shot, I had no period for 1 year. Doc prescribed Provera. I DID NOT BLEED. Three months later. I became pregnant. I miscarried around 5 weeks. It was a natural miscarriage. Waited two months still no period. Went back to doc. Prescribed Provera 10 mg for 10 days (again), currently bleeding on day one after the last pill. I recommend this medicine. It does jump start the cycle. And I believe that helped me ovulate during the first cycle even though I did not have a period with it. Never lose hope if you are trying to conceive or simply just bring back a regular cycle so that you can feel like a "normal" woman."

Reese313 July 25, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I'm a 31 year old diagnosed with PCOS. I've been having irregular periods since the age of 15. They put me on birth control which regulated them. Now older they are worried about my blood pressure and blood clots. The longest I've gone without a period is a year and a half. The last 3 months ive had spotting everyday. Dr put me on Provera 10 pills every 3 months. I got my period on the 4th day of taking pills and am now dealing with debilitating cramps, heavy bleeding and clotting bigger than quarter size. I bleed through a tampon and pad every hour. Had to leave work early today because I bled through my pants in a matter of 30 minutes. It's been like this for 3 days and is unbearable. When will it end?"

Kookygrl21 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Amenorrhea "I'm 18 and had very regular periods every month for 4 years and they stopped for no reason. Played the wait game & before I knew it 3 whole years has passed. 5 day 10mg provera challenge starting July 1st and on July 9th, 4 days after my last pill got my period. Not a terrible period for me like everyone else. A little heavy, mild cramping but my periods use to be worse. Also, does anybody know if it's true if my periods come back on their own after 3 provera cycles? Read that a few places but idk if it's true."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2016