User Reviews for Provera

5.1

Endometriosis

Summary of Provera reviews 6.2 116 reviews

Reviews for Provera

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "So I finished my 10 treatment on the 13th of this month let me start by saying oh my goodness. I really thought something was wrong with me the cramping - the CRAMPING was horrible, extremely painful I missed a day of work it was so bad. Then the bleeding like I couldn't believe I had this much I had to buy 2nd box of tampons and pads UGHHHHH. I'm on my 9th day of bleeding and its flowing like a faucet. I am just ready for it to go off my goodness."

Wanda June 17, 2018

For Amenorrhea "Provera is an effective medicine for amenorrhea. I would like to share my experience here: When I didn't get my periods on the regular dates, I went to gynecologist, he told me things are okay, the reasons of delay he told me were hormonal imbalance and stress. He gave me certain medicines and a syrup of herbal medicine to get the periods and make it regular. But, I didn't get the period inspite of taking them. So, I googled this medicine out, and got my periods after taking provera 10mg tablet daily for 5 days. I would like to thank to all who reviewed this medicine earlier."

Amruta (taken for less than 1 month) May 27, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I'm 44, I have had symptoms of menorrhagia for several years now. I was hospitalized because my hemoglobin was 5, received a couple of blood transfusions and iron during that stay. I was then referred to an OBGYN who put me on Provera 10 mg, twice a day. As I was about to start a period and already spotting, I noticed when I started Provera it stopped that and it was fantastic. Well it's now 2 weeks and 2 days after a D&C and I'm bleeding pretty heavily with large size and numerous clots, and not cramps but pain and pressure. I kind of lost track of when my actual period should start, so I don't know if what I'm experiencing is the Provera trying to normalize my previously terrible periods, because they were much worse than this, but this is still pretty bad. If I am having a period on Provera right now, it's not doing a whole lot for me anymore."

Jackie May 13, 2018

For Amenorrhea "I’m 53 years old and haven’t had a period in 10 months. However my doctor put me on Provera to make sure my uterine lining is completely shed. Do you think Provera is needed if I haven’t had a period in 10 months?"

Pearl (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 2, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Was prescribed this drug once a day for heavy bleeding that would not stop. I am 48 years old and I guess going through the change. It took 3 weeks but this med made the bleeding go away. To the ladies that have only been taking a few days and still bleeding, give it some time before you give up."

Cici (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 17, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Hi everyone OMG! I was freaking out because after the 10 days of provera 10mg I took I thought I would be ok, but after 2 days of taking the 10 day treatment my period is like running water even when I was in my heavy days I would never wake up to a stained bed and this morning it was soaking. I don't have much clots and the ones I have are small but my period lasts for 7 days and today is my 6th day and still going heavy. I hope it goes away by the 7th day. For sure I'm going to stop taking any vitamins and any pills I take that could probably make my period even more heavy. Just till this period goes away. Oh it has many side affects mine were pimples, headache, sleepiness, spotting, and shortness of breath. I Really hope after this period my next ones are light after all its like a period cleanser."

Amy (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "53 yo, abnormal prolonged bleeding clots flooding. I had scans that showed thickened wall lining on uterus 14mm plus fibroids . Prescribed 10mg Provera x twice daily for 3 months. Next scan showed huge reduction down to 6mm thickness and greatly reduced size of fibroids. A success on this side of things. Not so much for the bleeding. Will be patient."

Zenthy February 4, 2018

For Amenorrhea "Although this medication helped me restart my menstrual cycle the side effects of this drug is horrible, numbness in arms while sleeping, fatigue, muscle aches, chest pains, itching, very bad mood swings, gas/bloating, WEIGHT gain etc. There was a spot of blood on my pillow one morning after I stopped taking this pill - I don't know if it came from my nose or ears. Also this drug depletes you of nutrients. You will need to take Vitamin B Complex & Vitamin B6 I also took folic acid, iron & vitamin D. Horrible med. I took about 6 or 7 pills skipped 2 days midway. Will look for natural ways to continue my cycle. Horrible synthetic hormone period."

YCledor January 23, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I started taking this medication as I had terrible heavy flooding and felt awful, my period had been going on for a month prior to the heavy bleeding, I have dominant estrogen, I am a 50 year old peri-menopausal woman. After the first dose of 20mg there was already a dramatic improvement and I have been on it for over a week at a dose of 60mg per day and have had no side effects. So for me it is amazing!!!"

takemylead December 27, 2017

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I had what I thought was going to be a normal period, (my periods have always been heavy), until it just never stopped. It got so bad I had palm size clots and bleeding so bad I had to use cut up towels with three pads. I made a trip to the ER, all blood work was normal. I already was taking 135mg of iron and vitamin c, so I wasn't anemic even though I was bleeding so bad. They sent me home with a prescription of Provera 10mg once a day. It slowed the bleeding down but never stopped it completely. Was referred to an endocrinologist, I'm due to have a ultrasound to check for fibroids, but have to have a endometrial biopsy. I was still on provera way past the 10 days it caused shortness of breath and bad weight gain. I had to stop it."

lfields339 (taken for less than 1 month) November 12, 2017

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "November 2013 I had surgery to remove a 10-pound fibroid tumor, ever since then I have had irregular periods. My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for 5 years with no luck. I have multiple ovarian cysts that are causing sharp shooting pain. I was just put on Provera 10mg for 6 days during day 16-21 last month. After the first day of taking it, I have been bleeding heavily; I have used a whole box of pads in less than 7 days of bleeding. I am used to having 1-3 day period, so this sucks major."

carrie84 November 5, 2017

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Been on this medication for nearly week now. I am bleeding terribly, really bad cramping. I am 42 now and I have had in reg periods for 3yrs but now it's nightmare. It just feels like you are only person going through this it drags you down. Lady's any idea how long this pills take kick in to bring the bleeding to an end?"

deenjac (taken for less than 1 month) October 26, 2017

For Amenorrhea "I was given this pill to take because I stopped having a period for 6 months. Put me on this for 10 days and the very first day of taking a pill I spotted. Then light period for 5 days. Then the next month. No period. So started taking the pills again. Not till the LAST pill was there blood. It was light at first for 3 days, now I have been bleeding So heavy non stop! I’ve been bleeding 10 days straight! Is something wrong? Called my doctor and they were “busy” said call back. Never did I can’t stand that office"

Tffny1980 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 16, 2017

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "54 yr, peri-menopause experiencing bleeding for 6 weeks. Was given 10 days 10mg provera. Never stopped bleeding, now it's Day 10. Now bloated, gained weight, ovaries have twinges of pain, menstrual cramps.."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 9, 2017

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I am 24 and I went on provera on the 25 of last month because I'm was bleeding since the 05 of September and soaking though my pads every two to three hours. For me provera slowed down my period and stopped it for three days and now I'm just bleeding all over again still bleeding though pad in about one to one and half hour now and it hurts worse, I have cramping, bloating, nausea and clots are much bigger about the size of a golf ball and have been clotting ever since I started bleeding again. I had blood work done it came out normal. Next is an ultrasound and after that is a pelvic exam. I need help not more issues...I started bleeding on the 2 of October not even a day after my last pill and I've been getting dizzy and lightheaded"

Diana's October 6, 2017

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Ok, I went on this 10 mg 2x a day for about 4 weeks now. I needed to start because I hemorrhaged so bad in a single day my Hemoglobin dropped from 12 - 9, and then to 8 as I continued to hemorrhage, for 2 weeks after. As a result of hemorrhaging, I could not breath, my heart was racing from dehydration, and my body used all of my iron and ferritin, and then started destroying bone marrow to try and make hemoglobin. I started provera when my hematologist started ferritin infusions, and was afraid ANY bleeding would kill me. This medication causes me shortness of breath, racing heart, rashes, lethargy, vomiting, muscle pain; oh an I have been spotting since I started it! I feel worse then when I was literally dying before taking it."

feritless (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 15, 2017

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Well I have been prescribed this medication before and I have had to go through blood clots and heavy cramps . But this time it's even heavier cramps and blood clots and using about 20 pads in 2 to 3 days. I feel so weak and it feels gross to even move or go anywhere in public. I'm also taking ibuprofen every 3 to 4 hours. What do y'all prefer on taking for the pain. Thank u everyone for your input. Have a great day."

Rerey1987 August 5, 2017

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I use provera once a day for ten days on the eighth day I started getting pain like if something was just scraping by uterus out. However I haven't seen a period in six months (believe me I was happy at the point in time). Now TBH the use of provera in my case was to help with the shedding of the uterus which as not happen for six months so guys just saying pain is expected also heavy bleeding. However after 7 days of bleeding they but me on oral contraceptive and the bleeding stop two days after. However prior to this I also use povera before; I was having break through bleeding for nearly one year tbh it wasn't nice but because of being at school and time going in the hospital was just at the bottom of my list I look povera for 10days also."

Piki (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2017

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I got a novasure ablation 5 years ago because of the heavy bleeding and having to change pads and tampons every hour. The gush feeling after changing while conducting a 15 min. meeting was unbearable. The ablation was the best thing ever until... i started bleeding again. My Dr. put me on Provera 2x daily for 7 days following 1x daily for 7 days. One day passed after completing the prescription and the heavy bleeding with huge clots worse than prior to the ablation, along with severe cramping, similar to contractions is making me regret ever taking this drug. Im on day 3 of heavy bleeding, severe cramping, terrible bloating that I have never experienced before. I'm feeling discouraged reading that some women bled heavy for more than 2 wks"

45momto4 (taken for less than 1 month) July 7, 2017

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I was bleeding for 10 days and it got crazy heavy. I went to the doctor and she prescribed 30mg/ day for 7 days and then taper down to 20 for 7 day, then 10 for 7 days. This seems really crazy! Has anyone ever heard of this dose being prescribed?"

Courtcolor (taken for less than 1 month) June 17, 2017

For Birth Control "My last normal cycle was the 23rd of March 2017. On the 10th of April I started spotting on the 11th it stopped then I started spotting on the 14th then it stopped on the 15th then started bleeding on the 18th of April until the month ending very heavy and lots of clots. I went to the clinic and then sent me for a ultrasound and blood test I didn't have the money to do these so the following week I checked myself into the emergency room at the hospital they gave me provera to stop the bleeding which it stopped in 5 days of taking 2 pills 3 times a day. The scans came back negative of any growths. I started bleeding again on the 24th now taking provera prescribed at 2 pills 2 times its day 5 still bleeding from the 24th I'm so tired ....."

PinkKryptonite June 4, 2017

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I started my period in March. It's been mostly light bleeding but on Friday it got pretty heavy. By Tuesday I was in the ER because I was just passing softball sized ball every single time I stood up. I went to see my obgyn today and he prescribed me with provera. Prior to taking it, I was still passing huge clots and just overall felt miserable. I've barely had an appetite and just felt so tired. Within two hours of taking this pill, I could feel the difference. I had more energy, I don't feel stabbing pain in my lower back from cramps, and I don't feel like a waterfall is going to come pouring out of me when I stand up. I know this is only the first day and I still have 13 days to go on this pill, but so far it's been amazing."

Jlynnxoxo (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2017

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I was put on Provera for abnormal bleeding due to uterine fibroids. It didn't help with the bleeding only made it worst. I had clotting the size of a golf ball and bad cramping...was told by nurse it can take up to 10 days for it to work well I was on it for 14 days and nothing changed."

D Robinson2798 April 25, 2017

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have been bleeding for 42 days. When I was at 31 days bleeding I went to my doc and he gave me 10mg provera for 10 days, I started the pill on a Thursday and Saturday and Sunday no bleeding so I was super excited! Monday I started bleeding again and have been ever since which is now 42 days. Had bloodwork and ultrasound just to be told all is normal. Anyone else experience this??"

Canadiangirl79 (taken for less than 1 month) April 13, 2017

For Amenorrhea "From January 2015 my period started being irregular and I haven't had my period since June last year (2016). My doctor recommended provera, 5mg for 10 days. My period came 4 days after the last pill. Am so happy and I hope it becomes regular again."

Faith5683 February 27, 2017