User Reviews for Provera

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Provera.

Reviews for Provera to treat Endometriosis

"I have been on Provera 10mg for almost 3 months now. My first monthly period was painful and heavy. My second was a regular plus I clotted a lot. With my 3 rd cycle I only spotted off and on for 3 days. I haven;t seen a cycle since. Besides the cramps and the spotting every now and then. I highly recommend this medicine. I have to take provera 10mg daily for 6 months to remove pre cancerous cell off my uterus. I have a 12yrs old son and now me and my husband are praying for another child which will be his first biological child. Has anyone besides me missed a cycle while on Provera. I have taken two home pregnancy tests a week apart and they both said the same thing ( Negative)"

ydavis (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 8, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I took Provera pills daily to stop my periods to kill the monthly pain. I chose pills over the shot so I could have control of deciding when/if I wanted to stop. I took the pills for 6 months. The first month I had lots of breakthrough bleeding - basically I was slowly bleeding for a few weeks. After that I had no period, no spotting, no cramps - that part was FANTASTIC! However, for me the side effects were severe and unlivable. I had insomnia (waking in the night) every night. I had night sweats every night. I gained a little weight. I had extreme vaginal dryness/painful intercourse which was a first ever for me. My sex drive was non-existent and my acne and facial hair (PCOS) got much worse."

darlastarbuck July 16, 2015