User Reviews for Errin

Endometriosis 3 reviews 167 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 2 reviews 169 medications

Summary of Errin reviews 33 reviews 4.7

Reviews for Errin

For Birth Control "I'm 42, started this pill as a birth control method & also to hopefully reduce my heavy monthly periods, 2 months in now & my experience is horrible! I have 1 week left of pills & I'm not going to continue to take them... 1st month started pack on Sunday after my period was finished, after another 7 days approx. of taking the pills I have another full 6-7 day period...then after that around day 21ish (which should have been when I was supposed to get my period) got it yet again... I'm on pill pack 2 now...I'm now due for my period, I've had breast tenderness for 2 weeks and horrific cramping every evening (I take the pill in the morning) occupanied with nausea...side effects make it hard to tell if it's the pill or pregnancy!"

Vnomiss January 21, 2017

For Birth Control "When I first started this BC I liked it...first month no bleeding missed my period totally and my nipples hurt so bad I thought I was pregnant but then a week into the second month my period showed up. I lost weight that I gained on previous birth controls so I liked that about this pill but now I've been on it for 6 months and I've noticed the past 2 months I've had little To no sex drive and it makes discharge REALLY thick I don't like that , also it's making it so it's nearly impossible to orgasm all of a sudden and I'm getting acne.I'm not super happy with this BC and I'm going to switch but I am glad it worked well for 4-6 months considering how sensitive I am to BC pills."

Anonymous December 27, 2016

For Endometriosis "Does a great job as both birth control and helping with my endo symptoms! My only complaint is the spotting and sometimes it makes my period still a bit irregular (i.e., longer) and odd."

ellee2 December 25, 2016

For Birth Control "The first time I was on this (before baby #2) it was effective for almost a year then decided to stop taking it after experiencing anxiety, chest pain, acne and I swear it made my BP go up. The symptoms disappeared within a few days. Fast forward to now I have been put back on this pill and after 2 months I am stopping it again for same previous symptoms. This pill is the worst. I would not recommend."

mom82711 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 16, 2016

For Birth Control "I have only been on this pill for 3 weeks now, but wanted to insert my experience because it seems pretty different than some of the other reviewers. I had light spotting for about a week and a half four days into taking the pill, then it completely stopped. I didn't experience any other side effects until the next week: dizziness, lightheadedness, and something I can only describe as a "mental cloudiness." These effects would normally last 15 hours after taking the pill (I take it at 9PM). Nothing I do could help it--eating, drinking water, you name it. Feels kind of like I have morning sickness or something until 2PM, but I would like to add that that is not consistently every day. I take my pill at the same time every day."

anonymous87354 November 30, 2016

For Birth Control "I started taking this when I was breastfeeding. My milk production decreased, but I don't believe it's linked to the birth control. Now that I'm no longer breastfeeding, my period is lighter than normal and I have random spotting. It isn't much at all though, so I really don't have complaints. I have yet to become pregnant again (thank the lord), and I haven't had any major issue so I like this medication."

New Orleans Cheshire Cat (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 18, 2016

For Birth Control "I mainly took this pill because combination pills made my blood pressure sky rocket. I loved it at first. After the first month I had no period. Them about 4 months into it I was bleeding for two weeks straight. I developed an ovarian cyst while on this. And it was rupturing. I immediately stopped this pill. Never had a cyst before in my life. Now I'm back on seasonique and on BP meds."

JuJu R October 30, 2016

For Birth Control "I'm on month 3 & at first I had no side effects because I had just got off the depo shot. But this month I'm having mood swings.. My face is breaking out & I've always had nice clear skin & so far I've been bleeding 8 days straight & cramping every day as well which I've Never done!! I'm seriously thinking about getting off this pill or taking nothing at all I'm tired of all these toxins in my body doing me harm!"

Anonymous October 16, 2016

For Birth Control "I will be stopping this birth control immediately. The irregular bleeding is just not worth it. I got on birth control to enjoy sex by not having to worry about getting pregnant, but when I never know when I'm gonna have my period or random bleeding, it makes it pointless and makes me not even want to have sex, it's not worth it. The first period I got after starting this pill lasted 9 days. My period has never lasted more than 6 before starting bc. Then not even a week after that period finally ended, I started bleeding again! This is ridiculous! I will be looking for other birth controls or none at all. My period was just fine and regular before I started this pill. Hopefully it goes back to normal after stopping it."

Jsd6793 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 4, 2016

For Birth Control "I really was looking forward and trying this new birthcontrol. The first month was fine with little to no side effects. However about 3 months in, it started to have a negative effect on my mental health. I didn't feel like me and became very sensitive to the smallest problems. As well as it completely messed up my menstrual cycle. Would I recommend it? No. Never."

JE2000 September 4, 2016

For Birth Control "I got on this birth control at 47 because I was tired of having bad cramps. I don't have any feminine problems so I really didn't need a cycle at all. I have been taking this pill for 3 years with no cycle at all. I did ask my doctor can I get off at year 2 but she said if I'm not in menopause my cycle could come down. It doesn't bother me to pop this pill daily along with my other meds. It did what I wanted who wants to deal with a cycle at my age."

Necber1 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 29, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on Errin 3 weeks now. I'm a breastfeeding/pumping mother. I was unlucky and got my first period 5 weeks pp. :( My ob said a mini pill would be best for me. So I got put on Errin. I know I haven't been on it long at all, but I have continued to lose weight while taking this pill so far. (knock on wood) So I'm not to terribly worried about excessive weight gain. My biggest issue with it so far is, like I've said, I've only been on the pill 3 weeks and I have just started my second period this month. I was on my period when I started it. I stopped for 5 days, I started back for 5 days, I again stopped for 5 days, and I have just started again! If I continue to bleed every few days I will be looking into a diffent bc method."

New to motherhood (taken for less than 1 month) August 15, 2016

For Birth Control "Wish I read the reviews before taking Errin. I have been on Errin for 15 months and stopped taking it a week ago due to severe migraines, weight gain, moodiness and decreased interest in things that I usually enjoy. My sex drive has decreased and I have little or no interest in my husband. I could not figure out why I was so upset over small things and he even asked me to look into alternative methods of birth control. PLEASE do your research. It's not for everyone."

Tammy F. July 15, 2016

For Endometriosis "Due to blood clot and diagnosis of autoimmune clotting disorder (anti-phospholipid syndrome), I had to be put on a non-estrogen birth control to help with my endometriosis. The pill has caused me to spot just about every single day and I have been on it for over 6 months. It has not been able to control the cramps and I have to have 800mg ibuprofen on hand at all times. It has cut down on my 7-10 day very heavy period, but since I spot every day; not sure if its really helped with the blood loss and anemia. When I started, I had just about every symptom of pregnancy; but I was not pregnant. This went away after about 1 month of use. Unfortunately, this is my only option at the moment, so I'm kind of stuck with this."

greenprincess20 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 29, 2016

For Birth Control "Errin was great for me for 9 months until I stopped breastfeeding my son. He just turned 10 months and I just found out I'm pregnant! I've always taken it at exactly the same time of day and haven't missed a pill without using a backup method of protection. Surprise!"

Surprise! (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 9, 2016

For Birth Control "So...I had my 2nd baby and followed my same routine as before...had my 6 week check up, got on the mini pill b/c I am breastfeeding...then start having sex and going to the gym again...YAY!!! I gained 16 pounds in 3 weeks taking Eerin. I finished my 1st pack and never picked up my next prescription. I have an appointment to meet with my doctor to discuss taking other pills or the Depo shot. I have since lost all the rapid weight I gained."

Repeat Customers (taken for less than 1 month) May 20, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on Errin for about a year now. I chose it because I had just had a baby and wanted to be able to breastfeed. I've had a great experience with it. No moodiness or weight gain. I've been on other birth control pills that were combo ones and those I could tell changed me emotionally but I haven't had a problem with this one. I can't relate to others who have mentioned having a period for 3 weeks straight because my period didn't come back for about 9 months after having my son. But now I seem to have a period every other month and it's only about 3-4 days max and not too heavy. I would recommend it to anyone especially if you are sensitive to meds or just had a baby and want to nurse."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 16, 2016

For Birth Control "I really wanted to have a more positive experience on Errin, but it just wasn't a good fit for me. After a month bi-weekly periods, I started spotting every other week and as a result it felt like I was constantly PMSing. I gained about 8 pounds of water weight and I felt uncomfortable and bloated almost all day every day. Lastly, I just didn't feel like myself on Errin. I would get very inconvenienced by small things, it made me very emotional, and it was even hard to get out of bed in the morning some days. It also kept my psoriasis breakouts pretty constant. I asked my doc if I could take some time off instead of starting a new pack and within 5 days I was back to a normal weight, skin cleared, and felt like myself."

ebean27 October 19, 2015

For Birth Control "I was recommended the Mirena or Errin because they were non hormonal 2 yrs ago. I chose the Mirena and hated it. I decided to end it with that got pregnant with my 2nd child decided to get on another non hormonal because I'm breastfeeding. This time I chose errin and love it the first 2 months I would get 2 periods instead of 1 it is the same length (3-4 days) and flow since I was younger. As of this month (July) I have not had a period."

Navazquez (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 20, 2015

For Birth Control "I'm at the end of my 2nd month. First month was on the .25 dose. Gained 4-5 pounds in the first 2 weeks! I'm very petite and have been the same weight for 20 years so this was a huge drawback. My Dr. changed me to the .35 dose and still the same weight but now more pimples and bled for 2 weeks. Also, I think this pill makes me feel kind of BLAH and empty inside. Could be environmental factors but I think I'll be switching soon!"

FoolMeOnceAgain June 25, 2015

For Birth Control "As someone who has a needle phobia and a history of factor five in my family, I opted for the mini pill. I also have chronic migraine headaches, occasionally with auras, so that limits my options again. Upon readings Errin's reviews, I was nervous. However, a month and a half in, I have no weight gain, no moodiness, the only negative thing for me was my periods. Out of a month and a half, I have had 3 weeks of bleeding, however it is lighter than usual and took my period down from 7 days average to 3-4 days average. I take my pill at the EXACT time everyday, I recommend setting an alarm. Also,I have been diagnosed with seasonal affective disorder (a form of depression) and generalized anixety disorder, and Errin has had no effect on my mood"

ZoeyCecilia (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 25, 2015

For Birth Control "I was taking glides for about a year and needed a refill. Accidentally asked for Errin, which was my old be pill. Been on it for two months a feel like I'm absolutely crazy! I'm crying all the time, feel bloated all the time, angry about things that don't matter, and depressed. I don't feel like myself. I don't feel like doing anything. I just switched back to glides and am on my fourth day. I still feel crazy, but hope I another week or so I snap back to normal."

moegeek May 13, 2015

For Birth Control "I immediately noticed ( day 2) small problems but by day 4 , I was feeling very depressed, my hip joint was hurting, had abdominal pain and I was crying so much. My blood pressure also elevated so I had to stop taking it."

Shelby5 November 4, 2014

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill since November and I love it. I have not had a period since then. I only spot when I forget to take the pill. This honestly has been the best pill I have been on. I have had no bad side effects from this pill. I would recommend it to anyone who can only do progesterone only."

JuJu Grate (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 9, 2014

For Endometriosis "I've been on progestin-only birth control for about 3 years. I started on Ortho-Micronor, I had a period for about 3 months straight but then my period stopped entirely. Then I moved and I was given Camila (same thing, different brand), it kept in line with the "no-period" havingness. It was great. Moved again, I was given Errin. For about 2-3 months I was ok, but I noticed some changes in my mood and some bloating. Then about 3 months in (February 2014) I had spotting. I thought maybe it would be normal after having NO period for 2 years, but then 2 weeks later I had a full-on period. Since then I've had maybe 3-4 periods in 2 months, extremely painful tenderness in my breasts. "

nerak86 May 3, 2014