User Reviews for Errin

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 2 reviews 168 medications

Endometriosis 2 reviews 166 medications

Summary of Errin reviews 24 reviews 4.3

Reviews for Errin

For Birth Control "I really was looking forward and trying this new birthcontrol. The first month was fine with little to no side effects. However about 3 months in, it started to have a negative effect on my mental health. I didn't feel like me and became very sensitive to the smallest problems. As well as it completely messed up my menstrual cycle. Would I recommend it? No. Never."

JE2000 September 4, 2016

For Birth Control "I got on this birth control at 47 because I was tired of having bad cramps. I don't have any feminine problems so I really didn't need a cycle at all. I have been taking this pill for 3 years with no cycle at all. I did ask my doctor can I get off at year 2 but she said if I'm not in menopause my cycle could come down. It doesn't bother me to pop this pill daily along with my other meds. It did what I wanted who wants to deal with a cycle at my age."

Necber1 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 29, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on Errin 3 weeks now. I'm a breastfeeding/pumping mother. I was unlucky and got my first period 5 weeks pp. :( My ob said a mini pill would be best for me. So I got put on Errin. I know I haven't been on it long at all, but I have continued to lose weight while taking this pill so far. (knock on wood) So I'm not to terribly worried about excessive weight gain. My biggest issue with it so far is, like I've said, I've only been on the pill 3 weeks and I have just started my second period this month. I was on my period when I started it. I stopped for 5 days, I started back for 5 days, I again stopped for 5 days, and I have just started again! If I continue to bleed every few days I will be looking into a diffent bc method."

New to motherhood (taken for less than 1 month) August 15, 2016

For Birth Control "Wish I read the reviews before taking Errin. I have been on Errin for 15 months and stopped taking it a week ago due to severe migraines, weight gain, moodiness and decreased interest in things that I usually enjoy. My sex drive has decreased and I have little or no interest in my husband. I could not figure out why I was so upset over small things and he even asked me to look into alternative methods of birth control. PLEASE do your research. It's not for everyone."

Tammy F. July 15, 2016

For Endometriosis "Due to blood clot and diagnosis of autoimmune clotting disorder (anti-phospholipid syndrome), I had to be put on a non-estrogen birth control to help with my endometriosis. The pill has caused me to spot just about every single day and I have been on it for over 6 months. It has not been able to control the cramps and I have to have 800mg ibuprofen on hand at all times. It has cut down on my 7-10 day very heavy period, but since I spot every day; not sure if its really helped with the blood loss and anemia. When I started, I had just about every symptom of pregnancy; but I was not pregnant. This went away after about 1 month of use. Unfortunately, this is my only option at the moment, so I'm kind of stuck with this."

greenprincess20 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 29, 2016

For Birth Control "Errin was great for me for 9 months until I stopped breastfeeding my son. He just turned 10 months and I just found out I'm pregnant! I've always taken it at exactly the same time of day and haven't missed a pill without using a backup method of protection. Surprise!"

Surprise! (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 9, 2016

For Birth Control "So...I had my 2nd baby and followed my same routine as before...had my 6 week check up, got on the mini pill b/c I am breastfeeding...then start having sex and going to the gym again...YAY!!! I gained 16 pounds in 3 weeks taking Eerin. I finished my 1st pack and never picked up my next prescription. I have an appointment to meet with my doctor to discuss taking other pills or the Depo shot. I have since lost all the rapid weight I gained."

Repeat Customers (taken for less than 1 month) May 20, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on Errin for about a year now. I chose it because I had just had a baby and wanted to be able to breastfeed. I've had a great experience with it. No moodiness or weight gain. I've been on other birth control pills that were combo ones and those I could tell changed me emotionally but I haven't had a problem with this one. I can't relate to others who have mentioned having a period for 3 weeks straight because my period didn't come back for about 9 months after having my son. But now I seem to have a period every other month and it's only about 3-4 days max and not too heavy. I would recommend it to anyone especially if you are sensitive to meds or just had a baby and want to nurse."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 16, 2016

For Birth Control "I really wanted to have a more positive experience on Errin, but it just wasn't a good fit for me. After a month bi-weekly periods, I started spotting every other week and as a result it felt like I was constantly PMSing. I gained about 8 pounds of water weight and I felt uncomfortable and bloated almost all day every day. Lastly, I just didn't feel like myself on Errin. I would get very inconvenienced by small things, it made me very emotional, and it was even hard to get out of bed in the morning some days. It also kept my psoriasis breakouts pretty constant. I asked my doc if I could take some time off instead of starting a new pack and within 5 days I was back to a normal weight, skin cleared, and felt like myself."

ebean27 October 19, 2015

For Birth Control "I was recommended the Mirena or Errin because they were non hormonal 2 yrs ago. I chose the Mirena and hated it. I decided to end it with that got pregnant with my 2nd child decided to get on another non hormonal because I'm breastfeeding. This time I chose errin and love it the first 2 months I would get 2 periods instead of 1 it is the same length (3-4 days) and flow since I was younger. As of this month (July) I have not had a period."

Navazquez (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 20, 2015

For Birth Control "I'm at the end of my 2nd month. First month was on the .25 dose. Gained 4-5 pounds in the first 2 weeks! I'm very petite and have been the same weight for 20 years so this was a huge drawback. My Dr. changed me to the .35 dose and still the same weight but now more pimples and bled for 2 weeks. Also, I think this pill makes me feel kind of BLAH and empty inside. Could be environmental factors but I think I'll be switching soon!"

FoolMeOnceAgain June 25, 2015

For Birth Control "As someone who has a needle phobia and a history of factor five in my family, I opted for the mini pill. I also have chronic migraine headaches, occasionally with auras, so that limits my options again. Upon readings Errin's reviews, I was nervous. However, a month and a half in, I have no weight gain, no moodiness, the only negative thing for me was my periods. Out of a month and a half, I have had 3 weeks of bleeding, however it is lighter than usual and took my period down from 7 days average to 3-4 days average. I take my pill at the EXACT time everyday, I recommend setting an alarm. Also,I have been diagnosed with seasonal affective disorder (a form of depression) and generalized anixety disorder, and Errin has had no effect on my mood"

ZoeyCecilia (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 25, 2015

For Birth Control "I was taking glides for about a year and needed a refill. Accidentally asked for Errin, which was my old be pill. Been on it for two months a feel like I'm absolutely crazy! I'm crying all the time, feel bloated all the time, angry about things that don't matter, and depressed. I don't feel like myself. I don't feel like doing anything. I just switched back to glides and am on my fourth day. I still feel crazy, but hope I another week or so I snap back to normal."

moegeek May 13, 2015

For Birth Control "I immediately noticed ( day 2) small problems but by day 4 , I was feeling very depressed, my hip joint was hurting, had abdominal pain and I was crying so much. My blood pressure also elevated so I had to stop taking it."

Shelby5 November 4, 2014

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill since November and I love it. I have not had a period since then. I only spot when I forget to take the pill. This honestly has been the best pill I have been on. I have had no bad side effects from this pill. I would recommend it to anyone who can only do progesterone only."

JuJu Grate (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 9, 2014

For Endometriosis "I've been on progestin-only birth control for about 3 years. I started on Ortho-Micronor, I had a period for about 3 months straight but then my period stopped entirely. Then I moved and I was given Camila (same thing, different brand), it kept in line with the "no-period" havingness. It was great. Moved again, I was given Errin. For about 2-3 months I was ok, but I noticed some changes in my mood and some bloating. Then about 3 months in (February 2014) I had spotting. I thought maybe it would be normal after having NO period for 2 years, but then 2 weeks later I had a full-on period. Since then I've had maybe 3-4 periods in 2 months, extremely painful tenderness in my breasts. "

nerak86 May 3, 2014

For Birth Control "This pill has not been for me. I had a period right before I started taking it, then 2 more times within 3 weeks I had more bleeding. It seems as though other raters on here have also had abnormal bleeding due to this pill. I also have a decreased sex drive and feel bloated almost all of the time. I will be switching soon."

momma24 (taken for less than 1 month) April 21, 2014

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have used other birth control in the past that has regulated my periods like clockwork after one month of use. I have been diagnosed with high blood pressure and was told this was one of the only pills that did not have a side effect of higher BP. I gave it 4 consistent months and after I have experienced epic bleeding, to the point it was like having 2 periods back to back, I decided it wasn't for me."

Jendal73 January 24, 2014

For Birth Control "I have been on Errin norethindrone tablets for almost five months now and have liked it a lot more than regular birth control tablets. I gained a lot of weight on birth control with estrogen and have not on Errin, which I liked. But, it has not helped acne like my old birth control. I also haven't had a period since the first week I took Errin, which is somewhat concerning, but I'm not pregnant, so I assume it is just my body getting used to the medication. Errin has not effected my mood or mentality."

liv92 October 21, 2013

For Birth Control "I didn't notice any side effects with Errin until I was on it for about 5 months. That's when I realized I was depressed. Cried at the drop of a hat and for no reason, got upset/angry at things that I normally wouldn't think twice about, etc. I didn't know what was causing this but decided to go off the pill to see if that would help. Within a couple weeks, I was back to my old self. I also didn't realize it at the time, but Errin seriously lowered my sex drive."

starbucksmama (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 13, 2013

For Birth Control "I was on Yaz for years and absolutely adored it, but had to switch to the mini-pill when I found out estrogen pills could cause major medical issues with my tunnel-vision migraines. I have grown to truly enjoy this pill as well. I stopped getting my period after two months on the pill, and if it does show up, it usually only lasts a few days. I am naturally petite, but I didn't notice any weight gain that seemed usual. I do have to warn that the first month was very frustrating for me, seeing as I bled for three weeks, but this is also true for many other birth control pills!"

emah16 September 5, 2013

For Birth Control "I haven't really experienced anything negative with Errin other than not knowing when my period is going to show. It's a surprise every time. But I just always carry something in my purse so it's not a big deal for me."

beachtimemama May 7, 2013

"I have used Errin tablets and Camilla for both contraception and to treat painful periods. The mini pills are good for me because I have not gained any weight or experienced any major side effects."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 18, 2012

For Birth Control "I was put on this after they discovered an ovarian cyst on my right ovary a few months ago. I haven't noticed a change in mood or sexual desire too much but I've had such irregular bleeding I'm not sure if its the pill or the cyst. Otherwise, I have not gained weight though I have had chest pains. I'm only on month two."

Anonymous April 20, 2012

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I took this for 3 months following pregnancy and it was great at leveling my mood, and allowed me to lose weight, but was not very helpful in controlling my periods."

Anonymous August 5, 2010