User Reviews for Errin to treat Birth Control

Errin has an average rating of 5.2 out of 10 from a total of 107 ratings for the treatment of Birth Control. 35% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 39% reported a negative effect.

Errin Rating Summary

5.2/10 average rating

Compare all 278 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Errin

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 3, 2021

“I have been on this due to not being able to take estrogen based bc. I will give this a pretty positive review with 1 downside. Positives: Extremely light periods (2-3 days tops of spotting and nothing more) when taken regularly. Lost 10lbs the first 2 months. No PMS what so ever. No headaches. It actually has helped them so much because prior my cycles were so short I was constantly PMSing. Negatives: I have noticed I am a bit more fatigued. I have always been go go go but occasionally now I seem to want to nap after work. Breast tenderness is a bit more some months but nothing terrible. If you miss a pill or late you will have breakthrough bleeding . Its not much but it can come at any time. My experience in general hadn't been so bad and I am pretty happy on it.”

Emma · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 30, 2020

“I haven’t really had any side effect symptoms from Errin pill except my period dates being a bit skewed. No crazy bleeding or spotting and my boyfriend has probably came inside of me like 100 times since I started taking it 3 months ago and I’m not pregnant haha. Best!”

Abby January 23, 2021

“I have been taking Errin for 6 months and it has been great! I only have two side effects. One is that my periods are less frequent and only occur every 3 months, but I am not complaining! The other is that my period cramps on Errin are worse than when I had a regular period not on birth control. I love Errin because it is so much better than the combination pill for me. Estrogen made me terribly sick to my stomach, but on Errin I haven’t been nauseous at all since it only has progestin. One thing to note is that Errin is a time sensitive pill. You have to take it within 3 hours at the same time every day. If you forget, use protection for 7 days after, or you risk getting pregnant. I had a pregnancy scare on Errin and almost got abortion, but luckily it was a false positive! Therefore, I can confirm that Errin is effective if you are sexually active like me, as long as you take it on time. I recommend setting a daily alarm on your phone at the same time. Mine is set for 8pm.”

Christine · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 19, 2019

“I started googling this before I went on and the majority of posts are negative - so I'm posting due to a positive experience . I started a month and a half ago after being on a combo pill for my entire life. So far- no issues, no weight gain, the only kinda weird thing is that I haven't gotten a period. Don't hate it but will probably think I'm pregnant constantly because I"m so paranoid that way .LOL No side effects so far aside from a bit of cramping!”

Izzy · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 9, 2021

“Errin has been an ABSOLUTE life saver for me. My periods used to make me miserable. I was depressed and anxious for the two weeks leading up to my period. Not to mention, I had migraines that were extremely painful. I decided it was time to regulate my period and got put on Errin. The first few months DID have side effects (tender boobs, irritability before my first period, and really huge migraines before each period) but those went away after a while. Now, my periods do not make my mental health spiral in the slightest. I feel so much better! My periods still come regularly, less cramps, less migraines, almost no PMS. The only downside to Errin, for me at least, is that I have to remember to take it at the SAME TIME everyday. Not only do I not want my mental health to spiral, but I also don't want a baby! So if you're bad at being punctual with meds, this pill isn't for you!”

Sunny11 · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 10, 2020

“First I'll say I was VERY worried about taking this after reading reviews. I'm on my second month into taking Errin and it's gone well so far. I have not taken any meds (before this) in over 15 years, I'm 31. But after getting married I needed birth control because we have enough fur children, and don't want human ones. I really haven't noticed any major side effects. I have had somewhat tender breasts, and I did break out my first week on this, but it may have been the stress of getting married, cleared up fine now. I don't notice any change in mood, weight, anxiety (I have had anxiety for a while). My period is normally 28 days on the dot, with very occasional one or two day differences. My period came 2 days early after taking this (I started the pill day 1 of my period). I do notice darker periods with more clots, but other than that it's about the same. Overall, I'm happy with this pill, especially after reading a lot of other reviews and felling so worried!”

Jess · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 24, 2020

“If you’re trying not to get pregnant do not take this Errin brith control! I was out on this due to acute high blood pressure by my pcp after being on the combo pill for years. 6 months in I ended up having an ectopic pregnancy and having to have surgery to remove it along with my entire right Fallopian tube. I never missed a pill or was late. Took it by alarm every single day!! Be aware!!!”

GS · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 18, 2021

“I tried this pill 2 different times. First time I had brown spotting for over month so I stopped. I tried it again about a year later (currently on it) and I'm having a better experience. I spotted brown for only about a week when first starting and I haven't had any issues with it since unless I'm taking it late. You need to be SUPER consistent with it (which you probably already know); If you can do this then this is a great pill. I know it says within 3 hours but any later than 10 minutes (for me) and I start spotting for a couple of days. But I get NO nausea or other big side effects that I can notice. And hey, I'm not pregnant yet. So I'd say it's doing its job.”

TXbabe · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 5, 2019

“Just giving a positive review to break up all the negativity lol, I know hormones work different for everyone though. For me, this has been great, I switched to Errin after being on depo for years. I had zero issues with the depo and loved it too, the only issue was it gave me a lower sex drive, and my pharmacy never had it in stock. The Errin has restored my sex drive (woohoo!), intimacy feels better, and I've had no side effects. The only downside is I never got my period on depo, and now on Errin I sometimes get a light one lasting 2-4 days. Definitely manageable though. I'm loving this and I think the key for me is to stick with progesterone based BC.”

jx3 · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 14, 2019

“Just a disclaimer that everyone’s body reacts to medicine differently... but this birth control pill Errin has been PERFECT for me!! I have tried 2 other medicines before this and experienced horrible nausea and migraines plus it wasn’t helping or controlling my painful periods at all. My doctor said this was due to an estrogen sensitivity. As soon as I switched to Errin not only has my skin been nicer, I’ve had ZERO side effects, I haven’t had my period in like 4/5 months, I haven’t experienced any bleeding, spotting, or cramping since I started, and I’m happy. It is amazing it seems too good to be true!! It’s totally changed my life and amount of pain I had, and I look forward to continuing to use it. If you notice similar symptoms as me then definitely chat with your gyno about Errin!!”

Tess · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 28, 2019

“Just finished my first pack and was nervous reading these reviews. I lost 4lbs this month through my regular diet and exercise and the pill did not seem to affect that. I do not have any acne and my hair is planted firmly in my head. I have not experienced so much as a spot or cramp. The only thing I did notice was a headache that lasted for about 30 minutes the first day and slightly decreased appetite in general. I much prefer this over my previous IUD.”

Senapati January 8, 2021

“I was prescribed Errin for BC as I cannot take estrogen. For the first month my only side effect was sore breasts. That went away. The second month my side effect was a racing heart. Also during this time I developed a recurring yeast infection problem. The racing heart went away the 3rd month, but the constipation started. Constipation & yeast infections from a dry V. I stopped halfway thru the 4th month because I couldn’t take the constipation anymore & any time I had sex I'd get a YI. Two other things this entire course of time on the pill. 1, it intensified my anxiety and made me paranoid and 2, it got rid of my sex drive. I think the only thing I liked about it was that it made my period lighter and shorter, but didn’t affect it at all otherwise. I’m writing this review because the side effects I experienced I hadn’t heard anyone else talk about. I never got pregnant tho, which is good so I would consider this effective hence the 9/10 but I will never take hormonal BC again.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 8, 2020

“Ok so weird experience. I switched to Errin after using lutera which made a benign lump in my breast grow. I decided not to mess with that and switched to progesterone only Errin. When I first started using it, every week I would get really sad and moody. I also was pretty nauseous around the same time every day and my boobs were really sore and bloated. Also it stopped my period for two months which was spooky. So after two months, I stopped using it for a month. This was also when my boyfriend and I got separated due to quarantine so there was no need. I started it again a month ago, since I was going to see my boyfriend again and absolutely no mood swings, no nausea, no painful breasts. I don’t know what happened but I’m thrilled! Also my breast lump hasn’t grown or changed at all so no scares there.”

Mc · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 7, 2019

“You have to be patient with this stuff. The first 3-6 months come with some pretty annoying side effects such as multiple periods a month, mood swings, and acne but luckily for me no weight gain. I take it for normal birth control and have been on it for about 8 months now and I like it. My acne has actually gone away and I get a period every other month that lasts about 3 days! I know this pill reacts differently on people but I have no problem with it. I guess you can’t base your actual opinion off of using it for a week. Give it a chance and be patient. Also you should be taking it at the same time every day for it to be most effective!!”

Rah · Taken for less than 1 month July 6, 2019

“I have been taking Errin for a week now. I started it the first day of my period. I usually have a 2-3 day period but it stayed on for 6 days, it wasn't heavy. I get emotional due to the pill, I have lost weight and I also notice my bottom is getting rounder!! Im experiencing light cramping, my hair is still in tact and no acne. I will follow up with you guys in about a month if there are any changes...”

Hope · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 24, 2020

“I’ve been taking Errin for about 5 months now and I love it! The first month I had a normal 5 day long period with no issues and I haven’t had a period since then. I don’t get any spotting if I don’t take it on time and no breakouts. I love the smaller amount of hormones too. Totally recommend”

angel · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 12, 2020

“Was on the depo shot for 2 years. Everything was okay the first year but I switched because my last 6 months on it was terrible! I had no period for 4 months, it made my depression worse, I was always bloated, gained over 30 pounds, had nipple discharge, and was struggling to stay self lubricated during sex. I decided to switch to a pill and my doctor recommended Errin due to my background of migraines. I have been on it for almost 4 months and I got my period back a month into it, I am no longer constantly depressed or constantly bloated, it doesn’t seem to give me rapid weight gain (I lost two pounds since starting), no more nipple discharge (my breasts grew half a cup size, actually), and I have no dryness issues. I finally feel normal again. I would give it a 10/10 but I haven't been on it long enough. I would recommend anyone who had a good experience with depo that turned horrible to try Errin out.”

Cece · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 14, 2020

“I have been using Errin for about a year now and honestly I love it. Before Errin, I used a combined BC pill and I had awful side effects. My limbs went numb, I had terrible headaches, I was very dizzy and nauseous. My healthcare provider recommended a POP because of my past experience with estrogen. Since being on Errin, I have honestly had no side effects. Definitely recommend this BC for those who can’t have estrogen like me.”

Sarah · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 24, 2019

“Before I got on this pill, I looked up the reviews and was terrified from all the terrible things I read, but my gyne highly recommended it for me and I’m happy she did. I’ve been on this pill for about two months now and my experience has been great. Before getting on this pill, I would have terrible heavy periods that came along with cramps, acne, tender breasts, and mood swings. I have not gotten my period at all since starting it, only spotting with minor cramps. And I have not had any other terrible side effect. I would say give it a try because not everyone’s body is the same.”

JuJu Grate · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 9, 2014

“I have been on this pill since November and I love it. I have not had a period since then. I only spot when I forget to take the pill. This honestly has been the best pill I have been on. I have had no bad side effects from this pill. I would recommend it to anyone who can only do progesterone only.”

Mama-1 · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 12, 2018

“Been on this for 3 months now. Only taking this pill because I am currently breastfeeding and have no other options, really. I've had probably 6-8 periods since I've started this birth control. I'll bleed for 6-9 days, stop for less than a week and start the process all over again. The bleeding is heavy. I've gained some weight. The acne is terrible and extremely painful. I've developed constant cramping and occasional heart palpitations. Oh, and the hair loss. My god. I have to empty my brush 2-3 times when I brush my hair, and clumps come out in the shower. The worst side effect I have encountered on this pill is the moodiness. I get so angry for absolutely no reason and catch myself freaking out over the littlest things. The side effects of this pill are terrifying. I've been on numerous different pills as well as the depo over the last 11 years, and this is by far the absolute worst. I would never recommend.”

Lisa January 19, 2021

“I am 29 year old and Errin gets an absolute no from me ! After one week I have had severe cramping for days without bleeding. Bloating so tight I can't move and very hard to get rid off. Headaches and hot flashes. Nausea spells through out the day. The dr recently told me I wasn’t a candidate for an estrogen pill and proscribed me this. However I have never experienced any side effect worse then this pill: stay away!!”

Kels · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 27, 2019

“Like stated before, every body handles birth control differently! For me, it has significantly improved my mood!!! I haven’t had the weight gain, if anything I’ve lost. Periods can be a little off or non existent sometimes but nothing crazy. (I enjoy the break from a period lol) Give it a try!”

Mel January 17, 2020

“I started taking Errin over one year ago when my doctor recommended for me to get off the combination pill because of migraines my age, and high blood pressure. All I know is that since I’ve been on it I’ve gained 10 to 15 pounds, that I cannot lose. I work out I eat right more than I ever did before I don’t know if the pill is contributing to it. Also have mood swings I normally do not get my period but though last month I got one and it was pretty heavy I do get the breast tenderness so I’m not sure if I want to stay on it or not the weight gain is what’s really bothering me”

aquarius1313 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 24, 2020

“Started Errin due to migraines from combination pills. Errin gave me cystic acne that does not respond to any treatment which is very annoying but I’m dealing with it because this is the only BC I can tolerate. Starting in May I had a period at the beginning of the month, and end of the month, both 5 days long. (Pretty normal) No period the whole month of July or August, then 2 in September. One lasting 5 days and the other lasting 8. No period in October, and one in November. They consist of heavy clotting and very dark blood. The cramps are very uncomfortable. I also have constant breakthrough spotting which is enough to fill liners. Very inconvenient but this is what I’ll continue with.”