User Reviews for Slynd

Birth Control
5.3

Reviews for Slynd

Christa · Taken for 1 to 6 months · September 13, 2020

For Birth Control: “I know there’s lots of ups and downs with Slynd reviews, mainly complaining of bleeding. I have finished my first pack and I have to say, I haven’t experienced anything truly bad at all. I wanted to try an estrogen free option and a different kind of progestin. Drosperinone is actually anti-androgenic and not derived from testosterone, so it has been counter acting my symptoms of my PCOS so far. My period is gone for now and my PMDD symptoms have cleared up noticeably, even after the first week. I have noticed headaches but that may just be my blood sugar as once I grab something to eat, I feel much better. Haven’t noticed any hair loss, weight gain, or pain. If anything, the number on the scale has suddenly started to go down after a year of no movement. My mood is absolutely more even and stable and my intrusive thoughts due to PMDD are so much more manageable. Will update after a couple of months!”

SanD · May 16, 2020

For Birth Control: “I’m on month 4 of Slynd and was prescribed this due to extremely heavy/painful periods and anemia. I’m in my late 40s and have had these issues since I was a teenager. Over the years I have tried nearly every birth control pill available and stopped each due to varying side effects (migraines, mood swings, bloating/weight gain - you name it). I was hesitant to try yet another Bc pill and was actually going into my doctor to talk about getting a hysterectomy just to be able to get my quality-of-life back. I agreed to give this a try first since it doesn’t have any estrogen. First 2 months I had significant breakthrough bleeding (I think I bled for three weeks straight). That said, I am so glad that I stuck it out… Starting the third month all of the spotting and pleading went away and I have had virtually no side effects since then. Add to that, my period has pretty much disappeared over the past couple of months which is amazing. So glad I gave this a try. Life changing.”

Drina · Taken for 1 to 6 months · November 30, 2021

For Birth Control: “I said I would write my experience good or bad. I am about to start my 3rd pack tomorrow making it month 3. I have had some breakthrough bleeding when I near the inactive pills. Other than the bleeding I have had absolutely no side effects. I was previously on a combination pill and it was making me absolutely mental and my diastolic blood pressure was high so I was taken off it and put on this. Drospirenone is somehow related to spironolactone a blood pressure medication that is used off-label to treat patients with acne. It works by suppressing the hormones that overproduce sebum (oil) anyone complaining of acne probably isn't getting it from this pill. I suffer from anxiety from time to time and really have not been having any since taking this pill. Combination pills made me have anxiety. The best advice I can give is to try this. Every person is different and in my experience, people are more likely to write a review when they have a bad experience. Don' let these reviews scare you”

SB · March 13, 2021

For Birth Control: “I have tried almost every pill out there and have had side effects that I didn’t want to live with. My last hope was Slynd. While I had a lot of breakthrough bleeding in the beginning because I was switching from a combination pill, everything worked itself out by the third month. It’s important to give your body time to adjust! My mood is so much better on Slynd with a lot less anxiety and depression. I feel more energized and lost 8 pounds! I have some cramps but other than that I can’t complain. I also noticed less PMS symptoms. It’s a good option for those that don’t do well on the combined pill. I love that it is more forgiving than other POPs and I can be a little late and not have to panic. Also, my insurance didn’t cover it so I am using a coupon and am able to get three packs for $70.”

BW · November 5, 2020

For Birth Control: “I'm currently on my third month of taking Slynd and I would NEVER recommend this drug to anyone. I have been on birth control for 15 years and I have tried at least 10 different ones in that amount of time. I have never experienced symptoms as bad as I have on this. I was put on it because my BP at the gyno was slightly high that day (not normally high) so she wouldn't give me a refill of Sprintec. The first month I didn't get a period at all, which was concerning for me since I prefer to have a period so I know I'm not pregnant. The second period was a few days late, however, I have now been heavily bleeding for 16 days and it doesn't appear as though it's going to stop anytime soon. I cramp all the time and my legs have started to cramp too (assuming that's from blood loss). I'm on the 2nd week of the third pack and I'm still bleeding from last month's period. The only reason this pill is effective at preventing pregnancy is because you can't have sex ever while you're taking it!”

Tay · Taken for 1 to 6 months · March 13, 2021

For Birth Control: “I just started month 3 of this pill, and I absolutely love it. I was taking norethindrone before and I was getting mild acne (never had acne before in my life), heavy irregular periods and slight weight gain. On Slynd, my face is back to normal with only the extremely rare single pimple, and my period is almost non-existent. It always comes on day 3 of the green placebo, lasts 3 days and is little more than spotting with mild cramps and tiredness. I haven't gotten pregnant yet, so it seems to be working on that front as well. I started to take birth control as an effort to control my migraines. They're not gone, but I have noticed any hormonal related ones I get after my period are much less severe. I haven't noticed any weight gain or loss with these, and my sex drive seems to be about the same as it was before as well. Obviously everyone's miles will vary but this pill has been absolute magic for me so far. I hope it continues as is.”

Christine · Taken for 1 to 6 months · August 1, 2020

For Birth Control: “I am getting off of this Slynd pill. I cannot take any pills with estrogen, and most progesterone-only pills are too weak for me, so my doctor and I thought this one would be a good fit. I had light bleeding for the first three weeks, but it wasn't too bad. A few weeks in to taking it I started to have a lot of emotional/mental health issues. I'd cry at the drop of a hat, get angry very easily, and then it turned in to significant anxiety and depression. I also wanted to eat constantly. I do struggle with anxiety normally, but usually not to this extent. I am not myself on this pill. I've had difficulty getting out of bed, thinking rational thoughts, etc. I am sure it can work well for others, but maybe not for people who already struggle with anxiety.”

Mel · Taken for 1 to 6 months · August 12, 2020

For Birth Control: “I have Stage 4 endometriosis and the last pill prescribed to me - Jencycla, made my endo flares worse - I was in pain 25 days in a month! As soon as my Doctor switched me to Slynd, I felt better right away. I was able to lose weight and I didn't have recurring cramps. The only downside was the on and off spotting during my first two packs and not having my period for the first month of using Slynd. I had my period starting the third pack, but I didn't have severe cramps that would last me 3 days and my period wasn't heavy. I will continue to use Slynd and I'm glad that this is helping me ease my endo pain - I know this is just a band aid, but being pain-free for 3 months is like getting 3 years of my life back!”

Kait · Taken for 1 to 2 years · May 6, 2021

“I've been on Slynd now for a year and a half. I love it. I haven't had a period since I started it, I've lost 15 pounds, and my skin has never been so clear. I had been on the combination pill for 6 years and didn't realize how horrible my body was reacting. I had horrible acne and my body was always swollen. I switched to the progesterone only pill because of concerns of my blood pressure. It took a few months for my body to adjust, but I am so happy that I switched.”

DA · November 29, 2020

For Birth Control: “I'm on my 4th month of Slynd. I switched from a pill containing estrogen because I'm 41 and get migraines (infrequently). Because I have endometriosis, I do not take the placebos. The first week I had minimal spotting and cramping (and was expecting far worse). Since then, zero cramping or spotting or endo pain! My acne has neither improved nor gotten considerably worse. But I went through a time in the second month where my skin was more oily than it had ever been. Also during my second and third month, I was dealing with really bad anxiety. Hard to say whether the transition to Slynd had something to do with it or whether it was situational. I was able to lose about 6 pounds by eating more mindfully and have not had a migraine since starting it. Overall, I am extremely happy with how I have adjusted to it.”

Momof4 · Taken for 1 to 6 months · April 11, 2021

For Birth Control: “I decided to get on birth control pills because my periods were so heavy I became very anemic. I can’t do IUDs as my body rejects them so I did some research and found Slynd. I’m so thankful I did! This pill has been amazing! I don’t have any major side effects what so ever and I haven’t had a period since the first month where I did have some breakthrough bleeding but wasn’t heavy but nothing since then. I take my inactive pills have had minor cramping and that’s it no period. This has made my life so much better, finally getting my iron back up feeling great! So happy I found something that works good for me.”

Ty · Taken for 1 to 6 months · January 29, 2021

For Birth Control: “I have now finished my first month on Slynd After not being on birth control for a long time (alway had severe side effects), I took my doctors recommendation for Slynd because my cramps were very painful, I had heavy clotting, and I found out I have an “extremely thick uterine wall”? So far I’m not happy with how I’ve been feeling since taking this pill. I am going to try it for one more month since I have the pills already. I have started breaking out, which is unusual for me. I’ve already experienced some weight gain, and my mood swings are worse than normal. I’m lethargic and I have no sex drive anymore. I constantly feel bloated and dehydrated. I also have not had a period, but have had cramps during the time of when my cycle regularly is”

Eulalia · December 3, 2020

For Birth Control: “I have been on Slynd for four months. I am taking for PCOS after taking the mini pill (Norethindrone) with terrible side effects and the shot. I am so grateful for Slynd. The first few months I dealt with light, sometimes medium breakthrough bleeding. Nothing severe or intolerable, which stopped in my fourth pack. Slight cramping as well the first two months which have subsided as well. No other side effects, so far at least so I’m glad for that. I have regulated and it has lessened the severity of my cycle as far as heaviness and pain. I am thankful I stuck with this and didn’t let the breakthrough bleeding and cramps stir me away, Slynd has been a god send considering how severe other BC side effects have treated me. I recommend anyone suffering from PCOS to at least give this a real shot, I was so hesitant to begin another BC because of my past experiences, but I am definitely sticking with this one.”

valeriew · Taken for 1 to 2 years · August 12, 2021

For Birth Control: “I've been taking Slynd for a year now. I'm 50 but haven't reached menopause yet and am sexually active so still need birth control. This was what my doctor recommended based on my age. I love it! Had only light spotting when I switched to it and just now after a year have a little breakthrough bleeding. I take it continuously so no periods. No side effects at all. No weight gain (but no weight loss either). No mood swings. I've been on birth control since I was 18 and never had problems until my late 40's. Tried several different ones at that time that were awful so I'm grateful to find this one. Be diligent (and patient) to find what works for you - since all bodies are different (and our needs change over time). Don't be afraid to talk to your doctor (or find a new one!). Don't settle - you don't have to suffer.”

Jill · Taken for 1 to 6 months · April 21, 2021

For Birth Control: “I've been on Slynd for over a month and I already hate it. I'm 35 and have endometriosis with horrible cramps that put me in the hospital. I was in pain a lot so I wanted relief and a better quality of life. While this pill already relieved me of the terrible endo pain and 7 day periods, my moods are so bad! I cry ..A LOT.. and for no reason. I'm having more anxiety and I feel depressed. Also, I have a headache every day and am SO thirsty my eyes are dry. Sleep has been rough... I can't get a full night's sleep anymore. I get easily annoyed and angry, like I blurt out what I'm thinking because I'm so annoyed. Also, I didn't get my period the first month but I've been spotting every day since I started taking it.. Honestly, Idk what's worse the endo pain before Slynd or my mood on Slynd. I have a free 3 month supply but idk if I can take it anymore. I think it's doing me more bad than good.”

Fiona · Taken for 1 to 6 months · January 12, 2022

For Birth Control: “Don't take this pill. Everyone on here has complained about the bleeding, which has also happened to me, but there is other unexplainable side effects that this pill has. I started taking it four months ago and during that time there was only 1 week when I DIDN'T have my period. Constantly spotting and full bleeding 24/7. Besides the bleeding, this pill really messes with your mind and changes your mood. I have been irrationally angry since beginning this pill. I'm easily annoyed, agitated and frustrated all the time. This led to a disruption in most of my relationships. This pill also made me extremely fatigued to the point where walking up the stairs became a full workout (and for context I'm only 22, walking shouldn't be difficult for me). Also this pill says nothing about weight gain but I have gained 11.5 lbs since taking it. Don't take it.”

jessica · Taken for 1 to 2 years · April 6, 2021

For Birth Control: “I’ve been on this for a little over a year and my period has pretty much disappeared. It only comes once every 6 months (as of right now) and it only lasts 3 days. My period is super light and my only effects with my period is tiredness and a little bit of cramping but it’s so little it’s hardly even noticeable. My periods used to be miserable and so I'm glad I chose this. I don’t have any side effects at all aside from my nearly gone period. I love it”

Mesa · November 15, 2020

For Birth Control: “6 months on Slynd and so happy. I was switched from a low estrogen to this because I’m 46 and my blood pressure was up this year. I had very mild periods on my old birth control so was dreading a switch. I am so happy that I have had no period now (no chance of being pregnant either.) I did have cramps a couple times but no spotting. No emotional changes, no weight changes, nothing. Very happy with this pill.”

Squirrel · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · January 29, 2021

For Birth Control: “Slynd is the **ONLY** non-estrogen pill available in the US that works for me! In many other countries you can get Desogestrel, which for me is very similar. No break through bleeding and of course no weird estrogen side effects with either. I've tried a bunch of different B/C for my PMDD and this is by far the best one, though I still have symptoms, unfortunately. I was extremely bingy and gained so much weight with estrogen containing pills. I lost the extra weight and this pill works well now.”

Daisy · Taken for less than 1 month · June 4, 2020

For Birth Control: “First week of pills of Slynd and already heavy bleeding. Please tell me it will get better. I've read others experiences and I have a hard time accepting 10 days of bleeding. How do you all have sexual relationships will blood flow all the time. I'm not a prude but ruining sheets and towels is not my fetish”

Jessie C. · Taken for 1 to 6 months · September 1, 2022

For Birth Control: “I started Slynd because I was suffering from severe PPMD on my previous combination birth control Kariva. I was using Kariva birth control for almost 10 years and didn't realize the extremely negative side effects that I had been dealing with. I switched from the combination pill to Slynd to regulate/balance my hormones and I can say that I feel 95% better. The first week was very difficult since my hormones were very imbalanced. However, give it 3 months and you'll feel much better. I no longer suffer from intrusive thoughts, feelings of anger, etc. I no longer get my period on Slynd, which was an adjustment for me and I have very mild symptoms of PMS which I believe has to do with being estrogen free. I did not gain weight, and I was initially worried I would breaking out but I did not. After a few months I've had one month of mild spotting but nothing to worry about.”

Zoe · October 1, 2020

For Birth Control: “I am finishing my second pack and I am so so pleased with the birth control. I was switched for being at risk for stroke with my other birth control because of my migraines. I was super nervous to take a POP because I forget to take pills all the time but I have an alarm and I think being so scared has made me more responsible. I haven’t had a period but still get period like symptoms around the time I should have it. I used to get really nauseous from birth control and I don’t feel that way at all with this.”

Kait · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · May 19, 2020

For Birth Control: “I have been on Slynd since last October (about 7 months now). I am 24 and was prescribed it because I have high blood pressure. Since I started the pill, I haven’t had a period or any spotting and I am taking the placebo pills every month. However, this doesn’t seem to be the case for everyone else! I also didn’t notice any weight gain, I think I actually lost weight when I switched from the combination pill to this one. My acne has also gotten better on my face but I did break out pretty bad on my back which I thought was strange. Overall, I’ve liked it and haven’t had many negative side effects, but it is concerning every month when I don’t get a period!”

Terri · Taken for 1 to 6 months · November 8, 2021

For Birth Control: “Let me start off by saying, so far this pill has been the best type of birth control I have ever had. When I first started birth control I was younger and couldn't remember to take the pills. I was put on birth control to stop the heavy periods that was putting me in the hospital. Then I switched to depo because it was easier to remember. I was on depo for 6 years (horrible idea, wouldn't recommend) I was having so many issues with Depo (mood swing, weight gain, and excessive bleeding.) So, my gynecologist switched me to Slynd. Mainly, because my mother had estrogen feed breast cancer twice. Let me just tell you, the first two weeks of my new birth control I dropped 10 pounds. I have been on it 6 months now and I have lost 38 pounds since I switched. My moods are so much better. I am so much happier now and my sex drive has picked up also. I have no issue with bleeding too much my periods last probably 3 days.”

Jessi · Taken for 1 to 2 years · October 7, 2021

For Birth Control: “I've been on slynd for about a year and a half now. I can't take a combo pill and regular progesterone only pill doesn't help with PMDD. I found this pill does its job. The usual symptoms I deal with are pretty much gone (cramping from ovulation to end of period, tender swollen breasts, acne, anger and depression and so on) Slynd stopped all that which was a huge goal. The main issue is my period is very irregular, even a year and a half later. It comes and goes as it pleases and doesn't follow the off days. Sometimes it'll last 4 days, other times I'd bleed lightly for weeks. At this point I haven't had a period for almost 3 months and I'm not pregnant. Overall I'm happy since the main issue was PMDD and obviously not becoming pregnant.”