User Reviews for Levonorgestrel systemic

Also known as: EContra EZ, Fallback Solo, My Way, Next Choice, Opcicon One-Step, Plan B One-Step, React

Emergency Contraception

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
5.2

Summary of Levonorgestrel reviews 7.2 6,771 reviews

Reviews for Levonorgestrel

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I was really happy with the mirena at first . I've had it for five month's. My periods where very light. I woke up one morning and blood was all over my bed. When I stood up blood clots came out. I went to the hospital and they told me that the mirena had gone through my uterus."

Katie February 17, 2019

Skyla (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Got this inserted December 2016, lost a ton of weight, lost my period, worked really well for 2 years. WATCH OUT EVERYONE. YEAR 3 STARTS, IUD SLIPS WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE AND BECOMES EMBEDDED IN MY UTERINE WALL. I became pregnant and did not find out until I was 6 weeks along. I immediately scheduled an IUD removal and a surgical termination. The procedure was only to take about 10 minutes, but took ONE HOUR because of my STUPID SKYLA being embedded into my uterus. It was a nightmare! Advice: DO NOT LET YOUR DOCTOR CUT YOUR STRINGS. DO NOT LET THEM DO IT. Check them every month make sure they are where they’re supposed to be. Also never let sperm inside, always use barrier method or withdrawal. I just had to spend over $1,000 because of this little device’s failure. Am going back on the Pill this Sunday. Turned out I was the 0.2% that got pregnant from this thing. It’s not foolproof!"

HJ (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 16, 2019

Kyleena (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Inserted 11/30/18, after trying four other types of BC. Nexplanon: Suicidal, NuvaRing: Constant bleeding, Pill: ER for Blood Loss, Mirena: Expelled. So now with Kyleena constant discharge that is light bleeding or brown/black discharge. Nonstop from 12/26/18-2/6/19, stopped for 3.5 days, has picked up. Cramping is not consistent, come in waves of agony daily. Fine one minute, uterus is being ripped out the next. Sharp, intense pain and have to remind myself to breathe. More frequent in the hours leading up to a bowel movement. No change in mood, weight, or acne. Libido decreased, due to constant discharge. Insertion was painful, subsided a moment later. It stopped my period the day after insertion (12/1) and I was fine until 12/26. Since then I have only had 3.5 days without period symptoms or cramps. I'll update again if these symptoms subside and my period stops. It takes 3-6 months for the body to regulate, I am starting month 3."

musicartlife7 February 15, 2019

Kyleena (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "The initial insertion wasn’t as bad as I was thinking, a quick burning cramp and that was it. Afterwards? Holy hell thats where it gets bad. I almost immediately felt like I was burning up, I was sweating so bad that my shirt was wet. Then there was the cramps. They were mild at first, like normal period cramps. Then it was like someone was digging a fork into my uterus. I was crying the pain was so bad. Took some pain meds. Every now and then I’d have almost like a contraction like pain. It would be intense pain then it would go away. So I was fine all day yesterday, I stayed on top of the pain meds so I wouldn’t have to experience that pain again...big mistake. I’m severely constipated to the point that I’m twisting in pain and MISERABLE. I can’t go at all and I have severe pressure in my lower abdomen. At this point I just want to stop being in pain and miserable!"

firefighterMack February 15, 2019

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: "wanted to share my experience to help people who were stressing like I was! I had a one night stand on February 9th and the condom broke. My partner immediately freaked out (as did I) and we hit up our local walmart for plan b within 30 minutes of the incident. This happened about 9 days after ovulation so I already had something going for me. I continued to freak out for 5 days. My symptoms were along the lines of fatigue, some nausea, pretty intense lower back aches, mild cramping and bloating. My family and friends told me I would be fine but I didn’t believe them! It wasn’t until today that I started spotting, and I’m only 2 days late. As the day went on, it gradually became a light flow! I am currently still experiencing the back pain and pretty harsh cramps (not abnormal for me as I have PCOS and endometriosis). But I just want to reassure anyone out there sweating bullets that the pill will work, just give it time and patience. Wish you all the best!!!!"

thankthelord (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2019

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: "This pill did not work. I purchased it at a reputable pharmacy, it was not expired and I took it the same day (within hours) of the incident. I know the exact date the incident occurred. I am a lesbian and have not been with a man in over 15 years and was raped on vacation. Five weeks later here I am looking up abortion places. Save your money."

J123 (taken for less than 1 month) February 14, 2019

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: "I’ll tell you guys my experience. Well I just had a baby three months ago figured we use a condom before I get a more reliable form of contraception. Well the deed happened and spillage without knowing. Next thing you know I am just frantically going to Walgreens and taking the pill 30-40 minutes later. I didn’t know when I ovulate because I stopped breastfeeding and no period since birth. First day went fine but the second day I suffered depression for weeks. And the symptoms are like pregnancy symptoms. I started to feel woozy some days (like morning sickness) felt back pains. And the symptoms don’t last just a week or couple of days it’s been 4 weeks my period came 7 days after taking the pill. I still didn’t believe it thinking it could just be the symptoms why? So I took 3 pregnant test within the four weeks. And no the side effects continued to . I would get a new symptoms the next week. Not pregnant"

Grayedul February 14, 2019

Aftera (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: "My partner & I had unprotected sex on December 3rd 2018. We were in the heat of the moment and had ran out of condoms.. So we ended up having sex anyway. He used the “pull out” method but the next day we were kind of nervous only to find out I was ovulating so he went to cvs and bought aftera. I’ve used plan b before and these side affects that I had with aftera were way different. I’ve never experienced this in my life. I don’t ever cramp and this abdominal pain was the worst I can take pain but this was the worst pain ever!! I told myself I would never use this again! I ended up getting the period it makes you get which was on December 22nd 2018 it lasted 4days. Which is normal for me but it now February 13th 2019 and I still have yet to get my period again since taking the pill.. I don’t know what’s going on but I’m kind of nervous that it really messed with my menstrual cycle.. I’m not pregnant for a fact. But I would not recommend!!"

Lilo23 (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2019

Kyleena (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I loved having this IUD. It was very painful to insert and my first period afterwards was very painful, but after that, everything was fantastic. It wasn't until I started getting white patches and ache on my face that I had to remove it. Apparently, I have vitiligo and the IUD triggered it to start up again and spread very quickly. I had to remove it after three months."

Dp (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 13, 2019

Liletta (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I’ve had the liletta for about 5 days now the insertion was not what I expected it was really painful and I had bleeding for 2 days which is all normal. Also I instantly got a UTI after it being inserted and it still has not eased up or gone away with medication. My cervix HURTS. It feels swollen and just uncomfortable. I got this a year after my son was born I’ve never been on birth control before, I’m calling tomorrow to get It removed Especially after reading some of these comments, I’ve already started breaking out and my stomach is so bloated every night I’m not waiting around for any of the other symptoms to start. I don’t know how else to explain it other than my body just feels WEIRD and uncomfortable. I want It out. The only plus side is not having to worry about popping up pregnant but it doesn’t outweigh the worry of what it’s actually doing to my body. This is just not natural and I don’t like it."

Kayles (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2019

Kyleena (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Kyleena Update! Time of Initial Inserstion: Aug 2018 DO NOT be scared of Kyleena. It feels like a slight pinch upon insertion, and is over before you know it. Taking 4 Advil tablets before the procedure aided me, I think. On the day of insertion, many hours later, I was cramping, but not any more than the average period cramp. Now this is where things went awry- when I got my next period a few days after the insertion, it was the WORST period of my life. The pain was excruciating- and the bleeding was heavy. My period also lasted for two weeks or so. This is normal. I am an acne-prone gal, but don’t be discouraged- my skin has not suffered from breakouts any worse than usual. As for the weight gain... it’s been more like a weight loss for me. I am 5’9 and when I got my Kyleena inserted, I was 156 pounds. Now I am 135 pounds months later, without a significant change to my diet or any health issues. It is possible to lose weight on this BC, or even maintain it."

Kate February 13, 2019

For Emergency Contraception: "I had unprotected sex Dec 31. I have a 33 day cycle. I was 8 days away from ovulation. My bf didn’t finish inside me but I was worried about precum. Took this pill (generic called contingency one) the next day around 3:00. I was dizzy and sleepy and felt nauseas for about a week after. The Jan 7-10 I had unexpected bleeding. I had some cramps but they were light and the flow was not as heavy as my period. After this I had clear white discharge the entire time. My breasts were sore for 17 days. They usually get sore 8 days before my period. But never for this long and the soreness was way more intense than usual. I was very paranoid at this point and bought a test. It came out negative. My period was 6 days late but it came through. Thank god the pill works."

Stressed too much (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2019

Kyleena (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "It’s been about 5 months since my insertion of Kyleena. Now before Kyleena I had what others would call the perfect period. It lasted 2-3 days of light bleeding. I had no acne, weighed 110 pounds, experienced no cramps, mood swings, or any period symptoms at all really. After getting Kyleena I 100% regret it. Every month I get the most god awful cramps and my breasts get so sore and sensitive I can’t even wear a bra on those days. I experience extreme mood swings that my boyfriend can confirm (poor guy), I get waves of depression quite often and I have gained 20 pounds since being on Kyleena. I work out religiously and maintain a healthy diet, but I still gained a lot of weight. This is by far my worst experience on birth control, really debating on getting it removed soon. I might wait it out until I hit the 1 year mark, but if you’re researching Kyleena I highly recommend you discuss in detail the side effects with your doctor and the possibilities of the negative outcomes."

Anna February 12, 2019

Kyleena (levonorgestrel) for : "So, I had mine inserted in 2017 it hurt for like 2 seconds just like a pinch.. But the first couple of weeks had me up at night. It was so painful , but my ob told me to tough it out for a bit longer. I was taking it not for birth control but to an alternative of having my uterus cauterised. To lessen bleeding during periods. My levels were at 6 (iron) during periods. After the first bit and the first couple of periods that were heavy and painful I've gone almost a year with out a period. If anything a light liner would be needed. But a few weeks ago I started getting sharp pains and during intercourse it was unbearable. I wanted to see if the strings were still there.. And the bottom half was sticking out of my cervix .So I just removed it. I did gain 30lbs while on it. But my iron is up to a 14. It served its purpose.. But I may wait getting another one"

Lynn (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 12, 2019

Kyleena (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I had the kyleena for about 6 months and I did not like it very much. I was kind of pushed into it and it hurt really bad to put it in. They say it only hurts for a month but it hurt me the whole 6 months I was on it. I do not recommend a foreign object to go into any females uterus. It SUCKS!"

Sid (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 11, 2019

Aftera (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: "Took Aftera the morning after unprotected sex (my partner ejaculated inside of me multiple times the night before). This pill works. I had no side effects and my period came on time. I'm shocked to have read so many negative reviews about this drug. Like previously stated, I had no issues. While I'm thankful for emergency contraceptives, as women, we must do better. If you are sexually active, PLEASE visit a doctor and get on birth control. It really is our safest option."

Kenya February 11, 2019

Skyla (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "This is the first birth control that has truly worked for me. Over the years I've tried four types of pill, and a copper coil, and they were all terrible in their own special ways. The pills tended to decrease my sex drive to pretty much nothing, and make me feel overwhelmed and miserable and like I wasn't myself anymore. The copper coil made my periods unbearably painful. I've had Skyla (or Jaydess) for a bit more than three months now and it's been great. The downsides are that I have experienced quite a lot of spotting (although it seems to have stopped now!), a few painful cramps, and I think my moods have been a bit more up and down than before. But there are more upsides: I have, if anything, a higher sex drive than normal, and when I say my moods are more up and down I mean in a manageable way as opposed to uncontrollably crying on the pill. I basically still feel like myself, which I never did on the pill. Oh and also I'm not pregnant so it's doing it's fundamental job yay."

Yay Skyla February 11, 2019

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I thought the mirena would be awesome so I got it. Worst mistake ever. I had a period 4 times in a month. I cramped horribly and it hurt so bad during sex. My mood swings where crazy. I got depressed and irritated over nothing. I have lost my strings and my doctor didn't tell me any of this would happen. I am getting it removed ASAP and am looking for another method.. Once again.. WORST MISTAKE EVER!!"

Shay (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 11, 2019

Kyleena (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Let me just start out saying THIS IS THE ABSOLUTE WORST BIRTH CONTROL EVER !!! I mean I’ve only had one other birth control and it was the skyla and that was way better than this. It’s killing me, I got it put in, in May 2018 and it’s been downhill ever since. I have the absolute WORST weight gain ever !! I’ve been depressed and my mood swings ARE OUT OF CONTROL! I DO NOT RECOMMEND this birth control at all. Plus I’ve been experiencing the worst migraines and I’ve never experienced headaches before. It 100% sucks. Being put in did not hurt me at all I had cramps that was it but everything from then on I just kept gaining and gaining weight, I need a new birth control."

Lexy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 10, 2019

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: "I used to like Plan B as a form of a safety net for those moments where the condom breaks or whatnot. But this time Plan B messed up my body so bad. I definitely have hormone imbalance. I'm depressed and at times emotionally shut off. My period comes twice sometimes. I'm just easily aggravated a lot lately too. It's been 3 months yet my body is still trying to balance its hormonal scale. Do not ever use this unless you absolutely have to. Use other forms of birth control. This is a lesson learned for me."

Bobina February 10, 2019

Kyleena (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I have been on Kyleena for exactly one year in March, the insertion process wasn’t too bad, I came from work then went back the same day and honestly was fine, I took 2 Tylenol before procedure but again depends on pain tolerance of others, one pro about Kyleena is you do not get pregnant which is the key but I got my period 2/3 times a month, I called my OBGYN asking if this is normal she said yes keep trying and wait until next month So I did, I got some blood tests making sure I wasn’t anemic (low in Iron) and my numbers were fine, since then my period has completely gone away for 2 months but I have suffered Breast pain, weight gain, nervousness and painful cramping( almost to the point I have to sit down) Anyways I plan to have my Kyleena removed next month. Everyone is different so for some it works and for some if doesn’t, this just didn’t work for me."

Pineapplecutie (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 9, 2019

Kyleena (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I got Kyleena inserted today. The total time took about 5 minutes if that! My doctor was amazing and walked me through the whole process! I would say the most painful part was the actual insertion but it was only about a 4 out of 10 on a pain level. Three hours later and I only feel slight cramps, definitely and amazing choice of birth control."

Brooke (taken for less than 1 month) February 8, 2019

Kyleena (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "So I got kyleena about 2 months ago. Insertion was *EXTREMELY* painful but only lasted the few seconds it took to place it. I had constant bleeding and spotting for about a month and when my first period came I went to the ER because the cramps were so bad I was certain this thing was ripping through my cervix. They said the pain is normal..still get random intense cramps. I want it to work out but at this point not sure it its a keeper."

Mik (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 8, 2019

Kyleena (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I highly recommend Kyleena for anyone who needs a form of birth control they do not need to think about. Not having to worry about taking a pill every day is a blessing and the insertion process really was not bad at all. It was a very intense period cramp that lasted all of 30 seconds at most. After it is inserted, my pain immediately stopped. The cramps continued on and off over the next couple of days but they were tolerable and that was my only symptom after the procedure. I had spotting for 2 days but then bleeding completely stopped and I was back to normal. Of course, everyone’s body reacts differently but I encourage everyone to not let the fear of pain stop you from considering Kyleena. I am very glad I got it."

Ash (taken for less than 1 month) February 7, 2019

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: "I was so freaked out after taking this pill but it ended up working on me so I thought I should put a review for people who are stressing as much as I was! Me and my boyfriend were worried about precum because I was ovulating so I took the pill around 14 hours after the incident. After a day or two I had uncomfortable bloating, headaches, real bad mood swings, brown discharge and darkened nipples for a little over a week and these symptoms had me stressing so bad thinking I was pregnant! The only time it got better is when I started taking hot baths to relax and I stopped googling symptoms (except for looking at reviews on this website because they helped) and then I got my period today (2 weeks after pill) around 4 days early so thank goodness! The cramps suck but I’m happy :) good luck everyone it’s best to not stress yourself out"

Hi February 7, 2019