User Reviews for Levonorgestrel

Also known as: Aftera, Athentia Next, EContra EZ, Fallback Solo, Her Style, Kyleena, Liletta, Mirena, My Way, Next Choice, Next Choice One Dose, Norplant System, Opcicon One-Step, Option 2, Plan B, ...show all 17 brand names

Learn more about Levonorgestrel.

Emergency Contraception 1382 reviews 14 medications

8.6
Birth Control 2196 reviews 293 medications

7.1
Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 300 reviews 169 medications

5.7
Summary of Levonorgestrel reviews 3878 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Levonorgestrel

Liletta (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I got Liletta inserted on January 10th at 2pm. The pain from the scale of 1-10, was a 9.7. I never had kids, no abortions. I swore out loud when I had this inserted. It wasn't a pain I ever felt before and that's having 3 tattoos and piercings as well as wisdom teeth surgery, and a cyst removal on my shoulder. This was PAIN. The serious pain though lasted I would say 2-3min. After was serious cramping like I've never had before. The next 2-3 days was spotting brown and weird colors, I don't know. The cramping was INTENSE. I don't normally have bad cramps on my period, but holy cow these cramps had me on the floor, on the couch, on the bed curled up in a ball... It's the 16th of January and I feel SO much better! No cramps or bloating! :)"

Unsure still- (taken for less than 1 month) January 16, 2017

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: "Taken 22 hours after our "experience." There was genital rubbing very close to my vaginal opening and I was scared of precum. I just finished my period, about 3 days prior (most fertile week) and I'm irregular. So I took the pill and about 6 days later I bled again, pretty heavy like a period for about 3 days. I had one sided cramps for weeks and had heavy white discharge which had me thinking I was pregnant. The internet does that to you, don't psych yourself out. I took 2 home pregnancy tests, one when my period was 3 days late, and the other 7 days late(both -) Finally I got my period, 9 days late, brown at first and regular the next day. Girls I was stressing myself out, and easier said than done, don't stress!! Good luck!"

Jess G January 16, 2017

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I got the Mirena inserted due to extreme cramping when I got my period. Only after having my son did I start to experience that. The day I had it inserted was followed with horrible cramping, that night (over 12 hours later) I found myself throwing up every hour for six hours. That day I was having hot/cold flashes, cramps, and a fever. Not okay when having a 15 month old at home. I saw the doctor and he recommended that I keep it since all that subsided. It's almost been a month and I'm still bleeding everyday. Not the greatest when you're anemic"

Ava v January 16, 2017

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: " I had unprotected sex and my partner did not pull out in time. I wasn't on birth control and it had been 3 days after my period ended. I took the pill about 2 hours after and panicked for a whole month. The side effects definitely got to me, I was nauseous for four days and experienced dizziness as well and lost my appetite. I thought I was pregnant for sure. Even though my period was a day late, it still arrived therefore the pill worked!! Worth the money."

Kelsey893 January 16, 2017

Next Choice One Dose (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: "I wanted to write this to help calm many people's nerves. I've taken this pill twice, and both times it was effective. Both times I had unprotected sex during a time I was very likely ovulating ( this is SO stupid, just learn to not put yourself in that position no matter how heated the moment is, because you will pay 10-fold in the stress put on yourself later). Anyway, if you search the internet you will see people saying the pill didn't work for them. But if you take it within 24 hours from the time you had sex, it's basically going to work for you. I took it within 3 or 4 hours after sex. I had no bleeding after taking the pill - however everyone is different. This pill delays my period. I had swollen breasts too. But I got my period!!"

was_once_in_your_position (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2017

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: "ITS OKAY. Tuesday last week (1/10/17) the starting of the END of my period and my boyfriend & I had an accident, another story of how the condom broke, he was worrying so much and looking up things on Google and so was I (I was mainly looking at these reviews because a lot of you ladies helped me to stay calm and that it would be OK) I would stray away from Google because you don't know what to believe!!! Anyway, we were both on edge until TODAY 1/15/17 I felt my lower back go into pain mode and I went to the bathroom and surely enough, MY PERIOD STARTED AGAIN! I cannot express how grateful I am for Plan B and for another chance. I'm going to go get on Birth Control sometime this week. If you aren't on it, please get on it & be SAFE!"

(taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2017

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I actually really enjoy my IUD. I have had 2 for a total of 8 years now. 5 years for my first and now I'm 3 years into my new one. This format of contraception is such a liberating thing for women. It allows me to not worry wether or not I have my period, or when I'm choosing to be sexually active with my partner, you should always use a condom but I have that extra layer of security that I know I am safe. I am in control of my body and my choices. So it takes a certain comfort and peace of mind. I find it great for me, but that being said it is not for everyone. And you should always speak with your doctor and do lots of research. Also, iI did want to say the one con I had was one of my partners feeling the strings and it hurting him."

Canadian Busy Working Young Wo (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 15, 2017

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: "I took the morning after pill because the day I was having sex was the day I was due for ovulation. Me and my boyfriend had sex however the condom slipped off so to be safe I decided to take the morning after pill roughly 3hrs later . About 3 hours after taking the pill I had clear discharge which I assume was ovulation discharge WHICH FREAKED ME OUT. After that however I didn't have any other symptoms till a week later . I had nausea , nipple stings/ boob pain & fatigue which was all caused from the pill I then got my period 2 days before my due date! So relived for everyone going through the anxiety just relax and listen to your body!"

Worry girl (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2017

Skyla (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I had Skyla placed just over month ago. I read the reviews and was expecting some really bad cramps during and after insertion. The cramping during insertion was minor and after insertion I experienced cramps for a day. These cramps was comparable to a bad period. As for the bleeding some people experienced, I still have yet to bleed or have my period. My doctor told me that this is can happen and I may not experience bleeding while on Skyla. Overall, I am so far pleased that I have had minor if any side effects and would recommend this to people."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 15, 2017

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "Don't do it. I got mirena in March of 2016 and bled for a few weeks. I got a period every month until August. No period August, September, October. Starting early November, I began bleeding. It's now January and I'm STILL BLEEDING. It will not stop. I am having it removed in a day. I cannot wait to get this thing out of me."

LarissaLW January 15, 2017

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: "I'm 18 yrs old, My boyfriend & I had protected sex but condom broke and i woke up next morning feeling sick so, i had him go buy me this pill. Needless to say, it worked and i'm not pregnant. However, the side effects are insane. I immediately had terrible back pain (never had that before), cramps that felt like period cramps, nausea, dizziness, headaches, and bloating. I had to miss a day of school due to the insane amount of side effects. Not to mention my period came a week after taking the pill when i wasn't supposed to get my period for 2 more weeks! That's frustrating because i just had my period last week and now i have it again, even heavier this time. BUT on a positive note, I'm not pregnant!!"

yayayayayay not preg January 15, 2017

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: "Took after 10 hours after condom mishap.... didn't work."

Abc1235 January 14, 2017

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I got skyla on May 25th 2016 to help with a hormone problem and heavy bleeding. I was sleep when it was implanted so I do not know if that part hurt. But I have been up,down,happy,sad,angry all at once. I have had abdominal cramping 99% of the time since May 25th 2016. I'm not bleeding as heavy as I was prior, but I bleed lightly almost everyday. I have had a low sex drive, fatigue, nausea and night sweats. The past 2 weeks the cramping has gotten worse and as of 1/10/2017 it hurts when I walk or use the bathroom and my vision blurry and constantly vomiting. I am going to the ER today to get it removed It may work for some just not for me."

Shauntae88 January 14, 2017

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: "We had sex with a condom while possibly ovulating and the condom broke and neither of us noticed. I pulled out right before cumming but we were afraid some got in and immediately went to get Plan B. She took the pill about a half hour after sex. Cramps about a week before her period was due and she got her period a couple days early. We were afraid it was implantation cramps and bleeding because of when the cramps started and the color and how light her period was when it started. The next day she woke up with a lot more blood and continued to bleed throughout the day."

Taapss January 14, 2017

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I have had the mirena inserted now for a little over 2 years. It was suggested to me by my doctor for excessive bleeding and needing iron injections every 3 months. I was 40 when my periods became excessively heavy to the point of being unable to leave the house due to having to change every 30 minutes! I also started to regularly get migraines where I would be bed ridden for 3 days with a bucket in a dark room, not the best situation when you have 2 children under 2! The mirena has not only lightened my periods beyond belief but I have not had a migraine for 2 years!! I have my life back and it can only be the mirena. I was 49 when I had it inserted, wish I'd done it sooner!"

Caj2403 January 14, 2017

Liletta (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I had Liletta inserted on the 9th, it is now the 13th. I am a 27 year old woman with no children or pregnancies. It was a painful insertion and I did have a cold sweat after the procedure. I would not recommend working on the day of your procedure; I had the day off. I was on my period as is procedure for IUD insertion and it stopped about a day afterwards. I am not experiencing heavy bleeding or spotting. I just had sex with my boyfriend and he could not feel the strings or device. I am pleased with it and would recommend Liletta to friends or other women who are tired of taking pills every day. I know it is only a few days into having it but again I am experiencing NO HEAVY BLEEDING. I am certain my period will be almost non existent!!!"

Emily Scott January 13, 2017

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: "I had unprotected sex January 1. 11 hours later took the pill. Jan 1-Jan4 (4 days I had nausea and felt hot but no fever) Jan4-Jan10 (I had bleeding) it was a light period. Jan 11-13 ( I had sore breasts, nausea, heartburn, fatigue, peeing constantly, my face broke out with three pimples and Im not even a teen anymore...And I hardly got pimples when I was a teen :( ) My period should be around January 22. So I still have to check for a pregnancy test. So far I feel pregnant. This heartburn and nausea is intense. And I can't bare to stay awake"

Hellogirl101 January 13, 2017

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: "I took this pill back in October 2016. This pill was horrible. I had my period for 3 months straight because of this pill my doctor had to put me on birth control to stop the bleeding and the discharge. Horrible"

snowwwww January 13, 2017

Liletta (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I have had Liletta for a year now. Insertion was bad but nothing I couldn't handle since I was used to awful cramps. Since then I've remained around the same weight, my skin has stayed clear, and I have a much lighter period then I used to. Only negatives I've had are random spotting which I've had on previous birth controls as well. I highly recommend Liletta!"

SabrinAZ (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 12, 2017

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: "I had unprotected sex on Sunday 8 and my boyfriend did cum in me so we went out and got the plan b pill the next day (Monday 9). I felt fine the first two hours but bad cramps and nausea kicked in and hasn't left so far up to Wednesday 11. Hoping this pill works."

Anon1458 January 12, 2017

Skyla (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I'm 22 years-old and switched from the Depo to Skyla about 4 months ago. The pain was awful, I had false labor pains for about two days. Once the false labor pain stopped, I had to be rushed to the hospital due to abdominal cramping so intense that I could barely move. I was then told that the hormones being released was "irritating" the cyst on my ovaries. A few months later (last week to be exact) the same issue happened again. I went to a different hospital where they said that I developed a kidney infection. I have had a series of problems with this since it was inserted including UTI daily, massive cramping, blood in my stool (recently since the kidney infection), painful sex, and even lost interest in sex."

Torrie Lasher January 12, 2017

Next Choice One Dose (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: "I had unprotected sex with my bf last January 1 and he's pretty sure he didn't come inside me however to make sure we decided to take this drug (Next Choice) after 20hrs of intercourse. I experienced nausea, dizziness and fatigue for more than a week and on the 8th day I bleed not my usual amount of menstruation, it's not heavy, and only on the period of time, during at night there is no bleeding, and it's dark red or blackish, same on the second day, no bleeding during night time also and there's this clots. And on the 3rd day it's brownish and mostly clots. I'm so confused coz I still have 14days left before my period. Moreover I still feel tired until now and there is no more blood, and for some times I still feel nauseated. I'm hoping that I will have my period soon because this things that happening to me is driving me crazy."

Anjjj January 12, 2017

Skyla (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Got the Skyla inserted today. My doctor did a sonogram and a physical measurement to be the most safe to not puncture anything (which was an extra cost, not covered by my insurance). The insertion of the IUD was about as painful as a cramp. It was like a sudden pressure on my uterus. I have yet to experience terrible cramps after the initial insertion. Not a terrible experience. I had my boyfriend hold my hand through it. So far, I rate it a 10 out of 10."

Adrienna January 11, 2017

Liletta (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "First off getting this put in was absolutely horrific. After insertion I had to stay there for an hour of cold sweating before I was halfway able to drive home. The awful cramps lasted for 4 days. I only had two periods in the 7 months I had it. I gained 40lbs while eating better and being more active, got awful body acne, lost hair, and have had bad constant headaches, which I have never had. On the bright side removed is completely painless, I switched to paraguard."

Kms23 January 11, 2017

My Way (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: "I'm 39 and my last period was on 12/14/16. My cycle is usually 27 days and always on time. Had unprotected sex once this month on the 17th day of my cycle which shows 2 days after ovulation (Dec 30th 5am). He pulled out. Wasn't sure about taking a MAP but took the "my way" pill anyway on Jan 2nd (lil over 72 hrs) for my own sanity. I've been crampy, clear discharge w/white strings (sorry tmi), gassy, felt slight nausea. EP was yesterday 1/10, so i'm 1 day late. I plan on testing on 1/13. I will post results. I read that it could be up to 48-56 days before I see a period with negative tests. Paranoid."

Anxious77 January 11, 2017