User Reviews for ella

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about ella.

Emergency Contraception
7.1

Summary of ella reviews 7.1 93 reviews

Reviews for ella

For Emergency Contraception "I took ella one exactly one week ago, partner came inside me. I took Ella one and didn't experience any side effects until a couple days later which was only sore breasts. Amazingly, one week later and on day 33 of my cycle, I got my period? Which really confuses me because I thought my period would be delayed even later... but it's actually right on time or even a little early than it has been recently. I hope it's really my period, it sure does feel like it. I'll be taking a test in a couple weeks just to be extra sure, but it seems to have worked."

LessonLearned1234 January 14, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Just like to give my 2 cents worth of ELLA. Had unprotected sex and my partner had unfortunately came inside me which set me off in a scare frenzy as I was ovulating. Had went to GP to get morning after pill (MAP) and consumed it less than 6 hours after the mishap. Didn't experience any side effect until 1 week later and it was quite uncomfortable but bearable. Was experiencing cramps, nausea, bloating and heat flush which led me to jump to conclusion that I was pregnant. Please do not Google as it just messes with your sanity and you go crazy with pregnancy paranoia. Was ready to take a test but lo and behold, my menses came on the dot. Not sure if it was 100% because of the pills but let's all be safe and have protected sex to avoid any scare!"

Scaredshitstraight January 13, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "After ordering Ella one I read all these horrendous reviews about side effects people were suffering. Pain, heaviness, sore breasts etc it really put me off but I was silly enough to forget I was ovulating and done the deed with my partner. Took Ella one the next day, Had no choice but to take it and what was coming next which was nothing! I had no side effects what so ever, My period was delayed by 2 days as it says in the leaflet that can happen. Please don't let these crazy reviews put you off, We all make mistakes and the fear these reviews put in me was very worrying."

Read review on side effects (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "My husband and I had had an accident the day I was due to ovulate when the condom we were using split. I read that ellaone probably wouldn't be effective so close to ovulation but thought I would take it any way in case it helped prevent an unwanted pregnancy. I had no side effects at first but 6 days after taking I started to get very sore nipples, backache, dizziness and cramps in my pelvis, slight spotting - very similar to the symptoms I had when pregnant with my two children. Naturally I panicked and spent the whole week worrying but I think the side effects were just the big dose of progesterone in the tablet - similar to the rise in progesterone you get when pregnant. My period arrived 4 days late."

BetinaB January 8, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "My bf and I were just messing around (we didn't actually have sex) then l I realised his precum might have gone into my vagina . Panicked a lot and after three days took ella one. But however, having so much cramps and waited for my period which is supposed to happen on day 23 but today is 26 and my cycle is 28. Got lil red bleeding and now no period again. Did test but neg. What to do? Really wished had not messed around."

Jess11111110 January 3, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Took ella one fell pregnant but got my period two to three weeks after conception only know that I was pregnant at all because I tested for pregnancy early. Would have mistaken early miscarriage for heavy period otherwise. Not sure if it was the result of ella or would have happened anyway."

Bizzbuzz December 18, 2017

For Emergency Contraception "I had side effects similar to pregnancy symptoms after taking ella one twice in cycle. They were extreme. I felt pregnant. Week later took a clear blue digital test: Pregnant 1-2 weeks. Used 2 more digital clear blue, same result. Used over 20 tests, all the blue dyes faint positives, all the pink dyes extremely faint positives or negatives. Booked a doctors appointment, urine test was negative. Doctor said we would test again in 4 days. Next day my breasts were normal, day after-felt pregnant, then back again & again. Severe rows with boyfriend, so booked in to ask GP for abortion. That morning I got my period/miscarried. I believe there is a link between ella one & false positives/chemical pregnancies so if this happens to you don't panic yet!"

False positives/chemical preg December 18, 2017

For Emergency Contraception "Hi girls I wanted to share my experience and give those that are full of anxiety and worry a little reassurance because I know how It feels. I had unprotected sex on Saturday the 25th of November he did ejaculate inside me. On the Monday morning I went to the pharmacy an took Ella one which was 48 hours later. I was full of worry as I am very fertile and after doing my research I was not far off ovulating so I was getting very paranoid. A week later I had mild cramps, ‘twinges’ in what felt like my ovaries,’tingling’ boobs and lower back ache. I automatically thought I’m pregnant. All I could do was wait it out. My period started today just a day late. It does work just be patient girls. Be safe from now on."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 16, 2017

For Emergency Contraception "I took ella one a week ago. Its actually the second time I've had to take it in this cycle after years of being on a regular contraceptive. My periods are irregular so have no way of working out when I ovulate. Since taking the pill my breasts have been painfully tender, and today they feel heavier, sore, more sensitive nipples. Originally after taking the pill I had cramps, but have had funny sensations in my stomach ever since, possibly the pulling of the uterus feeling others have spoken about. I took the pill within 3-6 hours of this mishap. My side effects/symptoms are like when I've been pregnant previously and so the breasts are alarming me but they've been sensitive since taking the pill so could this be effects of the pill? I had to rate this to post please ignore my rating."

Mbbx December 13, 2017

For Emergency Contraception "First experience with a morning after pill - never again took it on day 3 of unprotected sex on Mon 4th Dec, period was due 12th Dec. I was fine until sat 9th Dec slight pink blood with mild cramps , almost thought it hadn't work and maybe I was getting implantion bleed as on the sun still had on/off pink spotting , that stopped. Then on Mon 11th mild cramps with pink bleed not enough to soak pads, stopped then today on my period due date I got my period but it's all over the shop , no clots but light/med flow of pink and red blood fresh along with funny stomach pains/cramps lower uterus flutters, constipation, diarrhea. I'll be glad when I'm back to normal, wouldn't take it again I feel out of sync"

Missymoon48 December 12, 2017

For Emergency Contraception "Do not take this. I used it 4 days after an accident and this states it is effective 5 days after intercourse. The accident being the 19th of November and i took it the 22nd of November. I took test 1 day before period due and it was positive. In shock and devastated."

ciara111 (taken for less than 1 month) December 5, 2017

For Emergency Contraception "So I took Ellaone when I wasn’t quite sure if I was done ovulating or not just to be cautious as I wasnt on the pill this month trying to get my hormones straight. Only reason I chose this over plan b was because it’s what planned parenthood was giving out and I was a bit tight on money. I’ve taken Plan B which essentially makes your uterus inhospitable. Ella however is made to delay your ovulation 5 days. But then remember the ovulation is DELAYED...therefore your period may be too. Not to mention you will become super fertile after - anyway that is what I was I told. My period was 2-3 days late. However my symptoms which I never have were horrible and I can only assume it’s because of Ella."

that other girl.. December 4, 2017

For Emergency Contraception "After reading everyone else’s comments, and finding that they settled my anxiety, I thought I’d also share my experience. I had unprotected sex on 17th November ( leaky condom) which according to my ‘flow’ app was the day just before my ovulation. I took Ella one after being advised that it was probably the best pill to use as it was likely I would ovulate. The first couple days were fine, but the week after I had cramping, bloating, tender breasts, nausea after meals. I suffer from anxiety so googling my symptoms just made it worse and I drove myself mad. My period was due on 3rd December, I would say I’m usually very regular. I took a pregnancy test the day before my period was due- negative result, by the next evening my period arrived !"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 3, 2017

For Emergency Contraception "I wanted to share my experience particularly for the young girls out there who are going through this alone. I know how scary it is thinking your pregnant when your basically a child yourself. Weather you are 16, 18 or 32 it's still scary, especially when it's unwanted. Anyways me and my boyfriend had PROCTECTED sex and everything was fine, no leaks and it didn't break. However me being me my mind went into panic mode and I scared myself to death. So 3 days after sex I went to boots and got EllaOne, along with all the symptoms, Nausea, stomach cramps, tiredness, headaches, sore boobs and back ache. Days passed and I still worried but my period finally came 1 day late! This pill DOES work but use always use condoms!!!! ;)"

Quinn252 (taken for less than 1 month) November 28, 2017

For Emergency Contraception "NEVER EVER EVER USE THIS PILL! I took this literally two hours after an accident where the condom broke and I am now pregnant! If I could give this 0 stars I would!"

Stephyfm November 27, 2017

For Emergency Contraception "My last period began Oct 26-30. However, I got really drunk on October 31. I don't know if I had intercourse with a guy (I don't have a good recall of that night). So I became extremely paranoid and took Ellaone on November 1st (within 12-14 hours) I remember that I started to have thick white discharge in the beginning (how I wish I could have written what I was experiencing the first two weeks of November). But from November 16 to November 18, I started to feel pain in my pelvis and my lower back kept hurting. By Nov 19, I started to have more lower back pain and light brown discharge. On Nov 20-26, I've been spotting. Some days were of brown or red or light red blood. I don't think it is my period. Why am I still spotting?"

Extremely_Worried November 26, 2017

For Emergency Contraception "I am usually very regular (28 day cycles) and have had unprotected sex on day 14 of my cycle. My partner came inside me. I took ella one 58 hours after unprotected sex and was very worried. My period came just one day late."

Nadia13438 November 26, 2017

For Emergency Contraception "Took the pill 10 hours after unprotected sex, 1-2 days before ovulation, according to Clue, but you can never be sure! Used withdrawal method but wanted to be sure. I didnt have any symptoms at first, but after a week and a half, I experienced mood swings and depression, a bit of acne, back pain and cramping - all of the symptoms I have in PMS, but more severe. Hormonal bomb! My period was late 8 days and I was petrified and stressed to the max, bought a test and it came out negative. Got my period that night!!!!! (9 days late, a bit heavier flow) STAY CALM GIRLS AND USE PROTECTION!!!!!!!!!"

Ypmos November 15, 2017

For Emergency Contraception "Well, the Ella tablet worked for me, but that’s pretty much the only reason why I’m giving it any stars. The side effects were HORRIBLE. Absolutely horrible. I felt fine the first day I took it, but days 2-5 were a mess. I believe it has such horrible side effects because it is comprised of the same chemical structure as the abortion pill, it just acts on your ovaries instead of the endometrium. My ovaries HURT. I felt a pulling sensation on my uterus the entire time which made it extremely hard to sleep. I got all of the same symptoms that I did when I was pregnant last year- fatigue, nausea, aversion to smells, loss of appetite, sore boobs, v painful uterus, numbness in legs and feet, dizziness. I also kept missing turns and exits while driving, which I never do- especially in my own town. I felt like I was dying with the flu the whole time the medication was active in my system, and then suddenly, at 2am on day 6, all of my symptoms spontaneously ended in an instant. It was really strange. But I have a giant ovarian cyst now along with my period. I’m never taking this med again. I have taken Plan B in the past with no issues."

Veryconcerned1113 November 14, 2017

For Emergency Contraception "Took ella 2 days after unprotected sex ..3 days later experienced heavy bleeding and stomach pains. i wasn't even due for my period until 2 weeks later this pain feels like the same as taking the abortion pill.. Never again will I take this pill"

Anonymous November 12, 2017

For Emergency Contraception "My period is 9 days late but pregnancy test says negative. Since taking the pill I've had increasingly bad cramps, back pain, and very sore breasts. I've had sharp stabling pin on the right side of my pelvis with certain movements. I would not recommend this form of emergency contraceptive as I've used others and had significantly fewer side effects."

KaylaSC November 9, 2017

For Emergency Contraception "I was recommended this pill by the pharmacy as a more effective pill. I took it 24 hours after unprotected intercourse with my husband and have found I am pregnant. Completely unreliable pill! In the past (7 years ago) I used the other common brand and worked fine. To say we are gutted and shocked is an understatement."

Motheragain November 6, 2017

For Emergency Contraception "took ella one 90 hours after unprotected sex, he withdrew but I was still thinking I should take something, took with food, no sickness, but for weeks, felt lower back pain , and lower pelvic pain, cramps, and tender breasts. Also acid reflux occasionally which I never get. Then of course my period did not come, of course I started panicking and googling everything under the sun. Today negative pregnancy test, got period 3 hours later ..lol... this pill works it just makes your period late. I would use it again."

jl1974902 (taken for less than 1 month) November 1, 2017

For Emergency Contraception "Do NOT use this product.I had taken this with 12 hours and am now pregnant!!! Please, I advise all you women who do not want a chid right now to use protection! and if it fails to use the other brands of morning after pill. DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT!! it also gave me bad cramps!! For what?!?! It didn't even work!!!!"

Solost8989 (taken for less than 1 month) October 20, 2017

For Emergency Contraception "Worked for me Also experienced a mental acne breakout for 6 months- ended up on accutane for 8 months to resolve. Learned lesson"

Learned my lesson October 17, 2017