User Reviews for ella

Emergency Contraception 64 reviews 19 medications

7.8
Summary of ella reviews 64 reviews 7.8

Reviews for ella

For Emergency Contraception "I took Ellaone around 48 hours after unprotected sex, it didn't work and I now have a healthy 8 month old baby!!!! I did however spend the entire pregnancy worrying about possible adverse side effects on my baby as there is limited data / studies out there on its safety IF you become pregnant!! It clearly works for the many though as trying to find others who fell pregnant is hard work!!!"

Betib00 September 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I took the pill 2 days after having unprotected sex on day 14 of my cycle. The last time I had my period was on July 29 so I was expecting the next period on August 29. I had no severe side effects just some acne.After being 5 days late I decided to do a pregnancy test which came out negative. One week later I went to my gynecologist to check what is going so wrong. After the examination he told me that the pill has freezed my cycle and I would skip a month not having my period. My left ovary was also swollen. I was prescribed primolut pills(hormones), which I took for 4 days. After 3 days off primolut I finally got my period almost 50 days later. Ellaone is very effective but use with caution and do not panic. It can really mess up your cycle"

JK.M September 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I wanted to share my experience on here as I found comfort at looking at the reviews at a time of panic myself. I did not experience the side effects until a week after I had taken the pill. I experienced stomach pains, diarrhoea, fatigue and spotting. I read online that spotting was a sign of pregnancy so I was panicking! I was on holiday at this time so unfortunately it did damper my mood while I was on holiday a little. I was reading so many forums, researching the effectiveness of the pill, researching symptoms of pregnancy, etc etc, making myself so stressed out. I was losing so much sleep over it. Finally, my period came a week late, but I was so relieved! Have faith in the pill ladies :)"

cinnapup September 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I had unprotected sex on the 17th this month and took the Ella pill 44 hours later. I felt so sick for the first 2 days I couldn't get off the sofa, had severe bloating next few days I was nauseous and vomited a fair few times still am occasionally vomiting 12 days on, I'm now 13 days in and still having symptoms e.g. cramping and back ache mainly on the left side of my abdomen, headaches, heartburn, acid reflux. Also this pill is like an abortion, if you did have a fertilised egg which in my opinion is when pregnancy begins it stops it from attaching therefore causing abortion. Worst pill I've ever taken in my life. I'm due in 4 days and even though I don't think I'm pregnant the effects it's had on me have been horrendous. Use with caution"

Nickname123456789 September 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "So I took Ella one just before 48 hours of unprotected sex, my period was due on the 25th, which was about 2+ weeks later on, so I waited, but when the 25th came, no period, naturally was very very panicked, and after a few days there was still nothing, took a pregnancy test and the first one didn't work, which again was worrying, but the second one came back that I wasn't pregnant, which was a big relief! Just come on my period now, which is the 30th. Honestly, try not to worry too much and stay calm, it's more than likely that this has worked!"

pmcm99 August 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "Just something quick to help anyone that's worrying. I took Ella one, 30 hours after unprotected sex. My period was due 2 weeks later making this a very fertile time. My period didn't come had cramps, morning sickness and tireness. Which made me even more worried. Did so many pregnancy test all were negative. Got my period today 7 days later. So relieved. The symptoms I thought was pregnancy must have been worry and stress. The morning sickness I think was me waking up and taking tests and getting myself into a state. Hope this helps someone."

Anonymous 1988 August 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I took EllaOne 15 hours after I had unprotected sex with a guy I met at this trip I went on by myself; he ended up coming inside me. My cycle lasts for 30 to 32 days, and I had sex during my 21st day, so I was just starting the Luteal Phase (infertile). However, as a woman, despite using any contraception or the pill, I always have a little doubt in my mind, and it remains there until I get my next period. After taking the pill, I was told that, to be sure it had worked, I had to bleed a little. The pharmacist told me that was false. My period's supposed to arrive anytime now. Even though I know that one of the side effects is that it may delay my period, I've never been more scared in my life. I haven't experienced any complications, tho."

Imsostupid18 August 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I took EllaOne about an hour after having sex with my partner. The condom burst, it was an unfortunate accident. This happened 6 days before I was due my cycle, which is quite regular. The only side effect I had endured was breast tenderness for a few days afterwards. No spotting or bleeding. On the day I was due my period, I suffered abdominal pains which I wouldn't have associated with cycle pains. When my period didn't come, that is when I started frantic researching; reading forums can be very scary and stress you out even more. I had a tendency to latch onto negative experiences. I stressed myself out to the point of sickness. My period arrived 2 days late and I know that EllaOne did the job :) Every body is unique. Relax!"

Jennifear August 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "Hello, I also want to share negative experience with Ella one. I took this pill after 6 hours after unsafe sex. The next day was okay, but after it unimaginary pain has started for couple days ! blood and very hard pain while peeing. I am so stressed about it. Also feel weak and bad... Its not a first time I take emergency contraception but nothing have had happen before"

Noothertime July 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I took Ella one 42 hours after having unprotected sex with my boyfriend, and have heard Ella is still very effective, I have also took levonile before around 6 months before this mishap and everything was fine with that no nasty side effects in fact none at all, but Ella one is a different story, I have felt very ill for about a week of taking it! Day one after taking it I started bleeding which lasted for only four days this wasn't a problem, but the pill has made me feel so weak still do this day my whole body aches I have had constant severe floods of nausea and I'm constantly tired and my belly has been cramping as hell, I do regret taking the pill after the way I feel, and wish I got levonelle on the time frame needed."

Ellaone user (taken for less than 1 month) July 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I had unprotected sex last month and the man ended ejaculating inside. I was able to take the pill only 3 days after the intercourse and was extremely paranoid about the whole situation, because I was supposed to ovulate right around that time. However my menstruation cycle is a bit longer than normal - around 32-34 days so I guess the pill worked its way because I ovulated later than expected and as far as I know ella works 5 days after you take it. I just got my period last week and everything seemed fine, it was on time and with no abnormalities :)"

Cassiopeia3 July 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "Hi girls, I'm just going to share my story with you here. I absolutely know what it feels like to be worried and stressed so please try your best to stay calm. So anyway, I had unprotected sex and the next morning I took the morning after pill, EllaOne (after 13-14 hours). I was probably ovulating at the time I had sex so I was freaking out so much, you have no idea. I started smoking a lot and eating so little due to stress and every time I got a cramp here and and there I thought to myself "OMG I must be pregnant". Got the ClearBlue pregnancy test and tested 6 days before my expected period. Negative! Done a second test 4 days before my expected period. Negative! After doing my second pregnancy test I happened to get my period a few hours later that day! So of course, relieve! The stress was gone! So anyway I was expecting my second period to come but it didn't and I started googling so much things. Every hour of the day and I was absolutely going psycho, I used to hide and cry, smoke too much again, eat nothing and the stress was making me sick. Of course, I googled pregnancy symptoms: lower back pain, cramps, so I went psycho and thought oh my god I must be pregnant. But calm, the exact same symptoms are also due to stress and anxiety! I then went and done another pregnancy test. Negative! (It would've been about a month and a bit after I had unprotected sex). I was stress free for a day then again, Google screwed with my head and told me that I was basically pregnant when I wasn't! Was still waiting for my period and it wasn't coming and then I started getting discharge. It was different textures every day: crumbly, egg white etc. and then this followed by brown discharge. I absolutely freaked out and Google told me that if I had brown discharge I could be pregnant. I went and done another pregnancy test (negative), but this wasn't enough for me because I was already gone psycho so I spoke to the pharmacist and broke down in tears and told her I was so scared. She said to me that the morning after pill had so much hormones that can delay or make your period come early. The brown discharge is basically dried blood that couldn't come out. It's because of the morning after pill playing with your hormones. Two days later, psycho me, I had a doctors appointment, told her about my story she done a pregnancy test (negative) and ensured me that I was not pregnant and told me the same things that the pharmacist had told me, the brown discharge is due to the pill and that my period could be irregular for a few months. I was calm for a day. Got home, started googling so much stuff and I freaked out again so I had to return to her for a blood test because that is 100% accurate. So anyway I got my results today and I am not pregnant! Now I'm going to patiently wait for my next period to arrive! So to the girls out there that don't want to get pregnant and have taken the morning after pill within the necessary time. Please don't google too many things it did really mess with my head. You are more than likely fine! Good luck!"

EllaOneUser June 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "Had unprotected sex with my boyfriend, although he didn't 'finish' in me I took the MAP the next day, around 30 hours later. My period was meant to come 5 days after the date I took the pill. However, it's now 10 days late and I'm getting very worried. I've searched early pregnancy symptoms and I have none of them at all. Need to take a test to be certain "

Scared 18 year old June 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "Had a small accident early hours of 18th June took ella on 19th June at 10am then today 20th June started bleeding considering I'm only 14 days in to my cycle so its my normal ovulation time was recommended to take ella one Had no reactions when I took tablet this morning slight cramping then came on so doing as its supposed to It is the first accident we've had since my daughter arrived so don't want another baby just yet"

Newmommy2nemmo June 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I had unprotected sex on April 30, one day after my period had ended, and took EllaOne the next morning. I didn't have any side effects at first, except some spotting, but after about 2-3 weeks I experienced medium cramps mainly on the right side of my abdomen (about where the ovary would be I guess) that got more intense after exercising. The cramps lasted for about four days, but I'm still experiencing mild discomfort in my lower tummy from time to time. I freaked out and took a pregnancy test (20 days after having unprotected sex), which came back negative. My period is due in a few days and I'm hoping all is well, since I'm going on a month-long trip in a week..."

Irresponsible 17-year-old May 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "The incident happened on 9 May, and Took Ella one on 11 May morning within 36 hrs. I suspected that condoms leaked or it was inside out, or something was wrong with it. My period tracker says that 9, 10 and 11 May are high chances of pregnancy so I am worried sick. Had some head flushes, back pain and super tired. Now waiting anxiously for my period to come..!!! How late or how early can period be after Ella one?? SOS!!!"

BettyRoss May 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "Took EllaOne two hours after an accident (the condom broke). It costed around 30€. I didn't experience any side effects that same day nor during the whole experience. I tried not to freak out like crazy taking the fact that my regular cycles are often quite long (periods are usually +-35 days apart). My period finally came today, 9 days late! Don't worry, Ella does its' job :)"

sarah749 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I took Ellaone on the 20th April after 3 days of unprotected sex,it is the 7th May and I have not started my periods. A bit worried."

Selia123 May 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I took Ella at the very end of Oct . I didn't experience any side effects from taking the pill initially, and all the tests I took several times in Nov were neg every time. My period did not return until Feb and when it did it was one word- horrific. I was already 10 days in to my cycle when I stood up and thought I had peed my pants b/c of the amount and speed of liquid that came out of me. I had my period in Feb for 19 days, March was 25 days , April I am currently working on 17 days. Thankfully there have not been anymore traumatic floods but 7 months after taking that pill I am still dealing with the effects on my cycle and the unknown for my future fertility. If I could go back and do it all over I would not have taken Ella."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "Just want to share my experience with others because I could find some comfort in those of others. I had unprotected sex on the 20th of April. My periods are regular and, based on my period tracker, at that time I was on my least fertile days of my cycle (chances were big that my ovulation had already took place a week ago). I took EllaOne after 6 hours. I experienced some mild cramps a two hours after, but that was it. I did not have any other symptoms. Based on my period tracker, my period should have started on the 26th of April. However, it did not come. I was a bit stressed and took a pregnancy test which turned out to be negative. Finally, after two days my period came! Please, stay calm and breath in/out! EllaOne works! :)"

Kenza (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I used this after a condom split- was very worried as I was a week away from my period! Ordered this and took it about 1 and 1/2 to two hours after sex. Period came on time and I'm not pregnant. Please don't worry- I stressed myself out loads but if you took it within about 8 hours the chance of you being pregnant is absolutely miniscule. No side effects for me!"

Madison92 April 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I took Ella 3 days after a little accident happened (14th and 17th Feb 2017, respectively) and initially had no symptoms. However, my period was in total 18 days late. In those 18 days I panicked and really stressed myself out thinking that the pill might not have done its job and it may either be due to this or the pill itself that I experienced mild stomach cramps, nausea and fatigue. When my period finally came, it was lighter than usual."

Anonny (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I took Ella when having protected sex, but the condom broke. I took it the day after. The next day I did not sleep (my mind was running wild), I had hot flashes and I felt nausea. The next day I felt dead tired and I could not properly function at work. The third day, the same story; not being able to concentrate, hot flashes, emotional changes etc. And then my period came 4 days early. I say Ella does it's work (you can actually notice it doing its work a couple of hours after you took it), but I am never taking it again (now wanting to use the nuvaring) because of the bad side effects. If you really have a problem it does it's job! Feels more like an abortion pill though."

Anna88 March 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I took morning after pill 12 hours after unprotected sex. I felt so tired and sleepy and nauseous, my stomach hurts too. My period is due 21 of March 2017. My body had these weird chilling sensation so I won't take the morning after pill again. I rate like this because I don't know if it will work or not. I will update later as the days progress and hope I get my period"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "Hi, I am also here to share my experience of using Ella One as I was also stressed and scared. I stupidly had unprotected sex with my boyfriend twice in a day however, at the time I didn't think anything about it as he has pulled out but after a couple of days I started having second thoughts and thinking what if I got pregnant and I wasn't due on my period until over a week. I decided to go and get Ella One on the fourth day after having unprotected sex. After taking it, I found this forum speaking about everyones experiences and decided to keep calm, relax and wait for my period. Week later my period came one day late! I had no side effects or anything, this pill is fab! Remain calm and Ella One will do its job ladies!"

chub1 March 2, 2017