User Reviews for ella

Emergency Contraception

Summary of ella reviews 7.0 140 reviews

Reviews for ella

For Emergency Contraception "Had unprotected sex early into my cycle. Freaked out because I don't know when I ovulated/if I did. I feel as though I'm pretty regular 28-30 day cycles, so it would've been day 12-15 for me. Guy pulled out, didn't ejaculate - but I still didn't want to risk it because I can't chance precum. I didn't freak out until the 3rd night after sex, by then levonelle would've been too late. Ordered this online and got it by the 112th hour. Ladies, THIS PILL WORKS, ONLY BEFORE/IMMEDIATELY BEFORE OVULATION!! I waited 3 long weeks for my period, and when it was July 9th - it didn't come. I freaked out. It came 5 days later and couldn't have been more happy to see blood and have cramps. PLEASE PLEASE USE PROTECTION, AND DO NOT MAKE THIS A RECURRING THING. NO MAN IS WORTH THIS STRESS AND ANXIETY . Not using protection is playing with fire and never will it ever happen again for me. I hope to never rely on EC again. Good luck"

MsRelieved (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Had unprotected sex (used the pull-out method) on a Monday around 11:45pm. Took Ella on Saturday around 1:00pm. I was feeling very tired and fatigued about 10 days before my expected period. Painful cramping and low back pain started about 7-8 days before I expected my period. Period was 3 days late."

Emily (taken for less than 1 month) July 13, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "I think it worked?? LESSON OF THE DAY, NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS: USE PROTECTION. DOUBLE BARRIERS IF YOU HAVE TO (BIRTH CONTROL / IUD & CONDOM). It is not worth the scare. I am 3-4 days late on my period, currently (and went to the doctor's to get 2 preg tests (BOTH NEG), throughout the week and got a negative blood test - for higher sensitivity. My doctor assured me not to worry (I have gone psycho waiting for my period, ever since day 9 of my cycle (that's when I STUPIDLY had unprotected sex). My dr. assured me that the blood test is pretty accurate, but follow up in 2 weeks. All I can do is wait for my period, but at least I have a peace of mind now. So...wait until 7 days before your period is late to freak out, and if not test/re-test again for pregnancy, especially if you're experiencing symptoms. GIRLS USE PROTECTION."

Anonymous July 13, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "I took EllaOne in Germany on the 3rd day after unprotected sex. In the pharmacy, they have mentioned that I could have side effects and this pill could effect my period. I had just one side effect, which was dizziness. When I back home from Germany, I was waiting for my periods, it was expected on the 5th of July, however it didn't come til 5 days later ! You can't imagine how nervous I was, I have read all reviews about this pill, I was trying to remember each word pharmacies told me. I was thinking just about my periods and why it didn't start. I was afraid of doing pregnancy test, so I waited till last minute, I did two tests right before my period started, both was negative, so it made me feel much less nervous. My advice to you girls, never forget to have protected sex and do not delay with pregnancy test. You would feel less stressed and you would not need to think every second whether the pill works or no. I am happy that this super nervous period has ended and I can live normal life now."

Jane July 11, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "The amount of anxiety I had after using this pill --- makes me NEVER want to ever go without protection/abstain from sex. No amount of pleasure is worth a pregnancy scare, or being in dying moments of anxiety waiting and waiting for your period to show up. Yes, this is used in emergencies, but the real wait begins AFTER you take it. I was on hormonal BC for 2 years, and recently got off it -- and it was totally effective for me. Never had to second guess when my period would come, it ALWAYS came when I took the sugar pills. However, the feeling of NOT knowing because of previous unprotected sex is HORROR. I took this pill 13 days ago, and got my period on time. Not worth the major stress."

NeverAgain July 9, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "I used it twice within 18 months.The second time I took it in 112 hours after the coitus and it still worked. There was no discomfort or pain. However, my cycle has stabilized only in 4 months after taking the pill for the first time and in 6 months after taking the second pill."

Jen (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 8, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "I took EllaOne 2 weeks ago and was at the limit, I didn’t realise my original contraceptive injection had ran out so I used it 5 days after, the absolute limit. I came here to read if anyone else had had a similar experience but I see nothing and am currently in agony with pains in my boob, stomach and already suffering from anxiety. I think the Ellaone pill may have increased it so that must mean it’s working right? So stressy, the last thing I need is for it to go wrong, I’ve been told it works but the affects are painful at the minute, but I suppose it’s better than an unwanted pregnancy"

!!! (taken for less than 1 month) July 6, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "I took Ella-One pill 2 days after having unprotected sex, I bled the next day but not very much. However, it’s been 3 weeks now and I feel very nauseous and I’ve been weeing a lot. Really does feel like a pregnancy but I do pray that my body is tricking me, surely if I bled the pill worked?"

Lauren July 6, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Hi I had unprotected sex 5 weeks ago all tests came back negative and I got my period yesterday so I think it worked for me but I had been really ill after taking this pill got all of the side effects listed and bled for three days after taking it but as long as it worked I never want to go through another month like it so always use protection"

Niamh brady (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 17, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "I took an ella one pill after having unprotected sex, 12 hours after. After only 1 week I start experiencing headaches which I never have, bloating, nausea, back pains, sore breast, I was sweating during the night and couldn’t sleep properly. These symptoms were ongoing for 3 weeks already. I took pregnancy tests, all negative, but my body was acting very weird. I felt I was about to get my period but it wouldn't come. It was 2 weeks late! So I think I had all the side effects of this medication. It does work so do not stress about a late period, it does happen!"

Deya (taken for less than 1 month) June 14, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Hi ladies! I write to share my positive experience with ella one. It works:) however I wish I will never need it again in my whole life ! Because the stress and side effects are hard! I took the pill 40 hrs after unprotected sex. Some hours later I had light pink spotting, just a little.Then the day after I didn't feel good and was weak. I also experienced my body heating up suddenly and had fever but it didn't last more than 15 min or so. One weak later I had backache and had similar feeling as I was about to get my period however it wasn't the time. So it was strange and scary. Afterwards everything was ok until the day I expected my period to come! It didn't come !! and I was so stressed it made me crazy. Every day passed and still nothing. Every morning I woke up with crying but...finally 10 days later after the expected day of period, it came! So relax! just give your body enough time to get back to normal again."

Nancy June 13, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "My first time ever taking this pill. I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend on the 29th of May which was the day I was Ovulating so naturally I started to panic. I know it was silly to have unprotected sex but sometimes we are just down right silly."

Nicki (taken for less than 1 month) June 11, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "I took Ella one 2 weeks ago and from a few hours after taking it I have had all the side effects and still have them I took a home pregnancy test it came back negative I had heavy bleeding a week after taking it for three days I had an ectopic pregnancy just over a month ago I really do not want to be pregnant I hope it worked"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 29, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "I had sex on my fertile days and the condom broke. After 12 hours I took EllaOne and I hadn’t any side effects that day. The day after I started having a severe stomach ache and it lasted 5 days, then it started the back ache and the breast ache. I was 100% sure to be pregnant cause I’ve never been that sick. So after 10 days I took a pregnancy test and it resulted positive.. I was both mentally and physically exhausted. The day after I went to the counselling and they decided to make me do a blood test. At the end I wasn’t pregnant.. (best day of my life). My advice is to not be anxious, just try to stay calm even if you have severe aches... it is just for the big quantity of hormones into the pill."

Irene May 28, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "I had unprotected sex (a very stupid decision) with my boyfriend about a week before I was due my period. He didn't ejaculate inside of me but I wasn't planning on risking it. The following day I took EllaOne, and I was then advised to start taking the pill 5 days after consuming EllaOne. After 6 days on the contraceptive pill, my period came heavily. I've been panicking still if I'm pregnant, but the chances are very unlikely. The sooner you take it the better ladies!"

Chloe May 24, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Yes, this pill will help you to avoid pregnancy! This is quite effective in cases when the conventional contraceptive method failed! Girls please don't worry about late period, it can be late because of hormones in this pill. In my case.. I didn't even have bleeding after this pill.. And I was really panicking when my period didn't start earlier or on time.. "

Katerina May 15, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Going to share my experience using Ella one to ladies who are stressing- I took the pill the next day after I protected sex with my partner, however it made me very sick and I threw up just at the 3 hour limit, didn’t take the risk and bought another one- which messed up my system. The bloating and anxiety I experienced over the next month was horrible and I started spotting at the time my period was due which I thought was implantation bleed. However negative tests and my period was 3 weeks. This pill works but has its side effects x"

Irishgirl 1996 (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Going to share my experience using Ella One to ladies who are stressing. I took the pill the next day after I protected sex with my partner, however it made me very sick and I threw up just at the 3 hour limit, didn’t take the risk and bought another one- which messed up my system. The bloating and anxiety I experienced over the next month was horrible and I started spotting at the time my period was due which I thought was implantation bleed. However negative tests and my period was 3 weeks. This pill works but has its side effects x"

Irishgirl (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Boyfriend and I were having sex (at the most fertile time for me) with a condom, condom broke and we didn't notice it until after so we drove to a local pharmacy to get contraception. I'm not usually sensitive to medications and I've had the weaker emergency contraceptive before but not this one. Straight after taking it I'm feeling a bit sore and a bit tired with headaches and some mood swings - but I've been reading that this is totally normal and I don't worry too much. HOWEVER - I'm quite regular with my cycles and I have never ever felt different when ovulating, I literally experience no symptoms at all usually but after taking this pill I can feel a pinching cramp on the left side of my stomach roughly around 7 days after the accident and feeling light headed and sometimes sick. Panicking that I may be pregnant now because I have never felt like this before and when I took Ella one I was on strong antibiotics for a chest infection so maybe this interfered with it??"

Ellie May 12, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Girls, this pill does work! After a major pregnancy panic this month, I wanted to share my experience. I took EllaOne on day 10 on my cycle, 6 hours after the condom broke, I was petrified that it's too late to take and that my ovulation happened in the meantime as my cycles are very regular, of 26 days. But I took EllaOne because I read some reports that it is more effective than Levonorgestrel especially close to actual ovulation. I took Plan B in the past but this was my first experience with EllaOne and the side effects hard not to notice. For the first few days I felt really sleepy, I had cramps here and there like before my period. Then about a week after the pill my breasts got so swollen and sore, I had real discomfort wearing a bra and was still dealing with cramps. Throughout this time I also had some mood swings and later on pretty much regular PMS symptoms. And finally today, on day 28 my period came!!! So overall I am so happy I took it because I really believe it helps!"

Viviane May 8, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Took ella 20 mins after unprotected sex in October. I’m due on July 23rd. Thank goodness we love each other and we are thrilled about our soon to be baby girl, but can’t say we really wanted to have a baby... yet :) no side effects, just pregnant, 2 positive tests within 3 weeks after conception."

Alexandra (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 1, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "NOT WORK! First day of last period March 8, condom slipped March 25, had ellaone within 2 hours. Take the urine test April 14, pregnant. Live in Ireland ( no abortions here) , not Irish, no visa to uk. "

Sss (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Stupidly had unprotected sex day 5 of starting on my cerelle contraceptive pill (day 11of my cycle), took Ella 3 days later had no symptoms until today 5 days later stringy blood when I wiped then brown mucus. I don’t normally get periods on cerelle so guess I’ll have to do a test in 2 weeks. Not sure how I feel about this pill yet x"

Should know better (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Hey, I thought I'd leave a quick review as when I was having a mid - major freak out, the reviews I read here Really helped me. So after having unprotected sex with my OH (we're due to be married soon,and were I to have gotten pregnant, the due date would have been the wedding date "

Irish girl April 10, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "I took Ella One earlier this year 2 days after me and my partner's slip up. I had recently gotten off birth control so I was completely unprotected. I got the pill at Planned Parenthood and wasn't prepared for the side effects. I had only had to take an emergency contraceptive once before 5+ years ago and I didn't really remember how I felt after. This pill made me slightly nauseous a few days later and it delayed my period for over a month. I really thought I was pregnant because it was giving me headaches too. I'm usually not very sensitive to medication so I assumed it was pregnancy. Luckily I took a few tests and it was negative. This pill works but remember your cycle will suffer. Don't assume the worst. Yeah side effects suck but it's temporary. I'd rather deal with some discomfort than a baby."

Nattyyy (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 9, 2018