User Reviews for ella

Emergency Contraception 26 reviews 14 medications

8.7
Summary of ella reviews 26 reviews 8.7

Reviews for ella

For Emergency Contraception "I was reading these messages this morning and it put my mind to rest a little, so I thought I'd share my experience. I took Ella three days after having unprotected sex. I missed the other pill and I didn't know doctors did Ella. I was in two minds but I took it. I didn't have any symptoms to be honest after from having little cramps, however my period was due 9 days after taking the medication. I didn't come on and I am never late so everything went through my head. After reading the messages and trying to relax I have come on, I was 5 days late! So try to relax, apart from being late taking the pill was fine and I would recommended it! Hope this helps you."

Rebecca Louise September 20, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "I used Ella one after twelve hours of 'unprotected sex' I was drunk when everything happend and was positive I didn't have sex ,but just no too sure and my mind led me into paranoia. So I decided to not take the chance and take the emergency contraception. The pharmacists aren't judgmental at all and are completely understanding im sure you have to be 17 to purchase it so me being 18 was no problem. I took the pill on the 11th and my period was due on the 20th. I took it straight away and the first two days I had no symptoms then on day 4-6 I experienced hot Flushes, pelvic pain, cramps and bloating. Above all it worked and I got my period today the 18th two days early!!! I would completely recommend it even though it's pricey. Be safe"

Anonymous September 18, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "Im on the Evra patch and silly me made the mistake of forgetting it for 1-2 days of the start of my first cycle and i had also forgotten about that the weekend i was with my boyfriend so i was unprotected 27/8 Saturday. Went Doc gave me Elleone on the 29/8 Monday so 2 days after i was with the boyfriend. I was nervous about taking it after reading some reviews. So here is mine. The day i took it i was little moody, very mild tummy upset but noting to really complain about. i had 2 weeks to wait till i got my period which always comes on time it is now the 16/9 and it was only a few hours late but my period came and on the day its meant to! I have cramps but nothing new there! Relax ladies the pill works."

Relax it works :) September 16, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "Hey, So I took the ellaOne about 7h after the condom slipped. It cost about 35€. The first 3 days I didn't have any side effect exceppt major sickness but I think I was sooo nervous that I could not eat anything. DONT WORRY I WAS DEVASTATED AND SO HORRIFIED FOR TWO WHOLE WEEKS BUT IT WORKED! I am so happy! Don't worry you are gonna be okay! :* But after the first 3 days my skin got soo bad and I had a lot of cramps but hey, worth it. I got my period about 3 weeks late - all ok ;)"

Namesnotimportant September 13, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "This pill works! I decided to share my experience with you because when I had unprotected sex I was searching like crazy to find out a solution. Firstly, I had unprotectes sex august 20th, and the next day I swear, I was extremely anxious and nervous, I was about to die.. I took Ella 30 hours after, and after some days I decided that what I could do, is wait... so I stoped worrying and became comfortable, and I was waiting for my period.. finally it came a week late. So, because I know the struggle, DO NOT PANIC, this pill is very very effective because you dont get pregrant immidietly.. but remember to always have PROTECTED sex...in case you dont ..there's ella xx"

Anonymous September 8, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "June 27th I had unprotected sex at 5am I waited til planned parent hood opened at 9 then they gave me the Ella pill I took it soon as they gave it too me..she said I had up to 5 days to take it..a week later on July 4th I had unprotected sex again & I took the Ella pill cause they sent some Ella pills home with me..I haven't seen a period in July & now we are in mid August & I still haven't seen a period"

Mack2020 August 10, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "This pill works! I had unprotected sex July 4 and 16 hours later took the Ella pill. Believe me I was terrified as I'm about to go away to college I am NOT prepared to have a child, today I got my period after it being two weeks late, but this pill works. Don't stress it won't help & it won't make anything come faster, it'll work."

Sgg August 6, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "Hi! So I took ellaone last month and I took it within 10 hours of having unprotected sex. I was convinced everything would be ok until my period was 10 days late! Of course I freaked out and was convinced I was pregnant as my period had only ever been up to 3 days late before. Took one pregnancy test, came back negative, took another pregnancy test and it was faulty- one line was vertical and one was horizontal (both meant to be vertical if pregnant) so I booked in to see doctor. I had all the symptoms of pregnancy but unfortunately for us women, most of the pregnancy symptoms are the exact same as period symptoms. Anyway to cut a long story short- my period came today! Ella one DOES work. It's just a high dose of hormonas."

Shivvy356789 August 4, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "I'm writing this because like you I was worried out of my mind after unprotected sex. I took Ella 2 hours after and I was a little nauseous for the next day, I also experienced cramping for a day. After I took it I felt fine and had no bleeding. About 2 weeks after I took it I got my period (yay!) but it was one week late. So don't stress too much because it WILL come!"

Unicorn horns June 21, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "I tool the pill yesterday morning after unprotected sex. By the afternoon I felt so tired. Today I felt really nauseous and a little tired. I also started my period today. 10 days early !! Guess it's not a bad thing (yet) ."

YesYes30 June 3, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "The reasons am did a review on this is because of the comfort I got from reading other reviews in my moment of panic, in hopes that mine will comfort another. Took Ella after a few hours after unprotected sex (bad Idea) and I was a few weeks from my next period. My cycle was fairly consistent and you could only imagine the sheer panic of missing my period for 5 days. Relief only came the next morning when my period resume.I was panicked because this was the longest I had gone without my period and I had no symptoms associated with taking Ella so I assumed it didn't work.All I will advice is be patient, not only does Ella work, but there were very few symptoms. Very effective, definitely recommend it."

LanLi (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "more effective and much fewer unpleasant side-effects than the more common plan-b. However, only available with a prescription. free with my insurance!"

AAAAC May 6, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "I had unprotected sex and took Ella One on third day. I didn't get my period and fell pregnant. I had some implantation issues, Vasa Previa (baby blood vessels blocking cervix). I can't help but think, although no concrete evidence that Ella One caused this. I now have a beautiful healthy baby boy which was born by csection due to this. Would change him for the world but wanted to say Ella One didn't work for me."

Limelightlou April 22, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "Had unprotected intercouse on day 16 of my 28 day cycle. Took ella 2 days later. Experienced mild stomachache for about an hour after, a bit of dizziness but not much else. Period came 1 day late, with no other symptoms. Highly recommend it, had way less secondary effects than with levonelle which made my period 4 days+ late and gave me horrible cramps. Good luck and don't stress too much!"

AnnaRL April 4, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "I took the Ella pill maybe 17hrs after unprotected sex around mid Nov 2015 I had a slight stomach ache but that's it. two weeks later my period came on time (unlike the plan b which my period came 3 days early with that) but it was a normal 5 days period. Even in Dec2015 my period came on time but with minor cramps and I usually have painful cramps. Jan2016 my period came 6days late and last 9days a little heavier but still no cramps Feb2016 I didn't have a period all month finally came March 9th and I'm in the 13day in this cycle but not heavy at all, I guess it's catching up. But still better than plan b which completely messed up my cycle and cause me to have low iron from heavy bleeding and blood loss"

JayNT (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 22, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "Ella was really the only option for me (over weight and wouldn't have been able to get plan b soon enough and didn't have bc pills yet) and I did have unprotected before finally putting a condom on. I took it three days after and about two hours after I was dizzy like I have never been before. Thankfully it lasted for about 2-3 hours. My period came on time but there was some spotting (barely) before and the cramps, oh god were they terrible. I was curled up on the kitchen floor at one point trying to make toast (I usually have bad cramps, just made them about two times as bad as normal). My roommate had a similar experience with plan b making cramps worse. So from my experience, ella works. Got my period on time, just more intense cramps."

sweet dee February 20, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "Had unprotected sex on Dec 6 , took Ella with in 36 hours. Had slight dizziness the day I took it. Took it on a full stomach and made sure I ate a little something every two hours. Stayed hydrated. I also took dramine for the dizziness. Today day two I only have a slight belly ache. MUCH BETTER THEN PLAN B. Which tricks your body into thinking it is pregnant and got all pregnancy symptoms. I would say Ella worked for me !"

cal94 December 10, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "I had a miscarriage!! Don't ever take this drug! This is an abortion pill!"

Mayyraa August 21, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "Works like a charm. Made a mistake during peak fertile time, took ella 36 hours later. No cramping, mild nausea. Period started a week early. I weigh 220lbs so Plan B would not be an option. Recommended"

LoriMS July 30, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "My experience with Ella was a little intense. The night I took it my whole body ached, along with massive back and forth headaches with dizzyness and extremely tiredness and tummy aches. The next day my stomach and head hurt all day. And I was still extremely tired. These affects may not sound the greatest but it sure can be worth It. I started me period a week later."

PupGirl April 30, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "Took Ella 48 hours after sex, experienced no symptoms. Period came 4 days late."

J324 December 29, 2014

For Emergency Contraception "I took Ella 4 days after unprotected sex. A few days later I had brownish discharge. It only lasted one day. I had a few stomach cramps as well as pelvis cramps and I never had cramps before a period. However this also could have been due to how nervous I was that I could be pregnant. My expected period date came around and I missed it. By the 4th day I was paranoid and took a First Response pregnancy test. It said negative. On the 6th day I still did not have it and took another pregnancy test and it said negative. I then went to the gynecologist because I was super paranoid and stressed and she said I probably wasn't pregnant and that the pill thew off my cycle. The next day I got my period. Ella does work."

agscott July 25, 2014

For Emergency Contraception "Ella gets it done. The side effects are minimal overall."

Anonymous September 25, 2013

For Emergency Contraception "Had a slip up on Sept. 6, took Ella 12 hours later. My uterus felt sore for the day, it made me tired. I was expecting my period on Sept. 14, got it the 13th. It did its job for me."

Karma Think Twice (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2013

For Emergency Contraception "Ella worked with mild side effects. After being sexually active during my peak fertile time, I took Ella. I did not use any other method of birth control. I took anti-nausea pills (Meclizine, 50mg) along with Ella. Side effects were mild. A bit of nausea the night I took it, followed by some upset stomach and dizziness the following day. My period came and was normal, maybe a bit early. I would recommend Ella for anyone uncertain about their birth control method. Upon taking it, I would recommend staying in for the night and having healthy, light meals. "

beu March 27, 2012