User Reviews for ella

Emergency Contraception
6.9

Summary of ella reviews 6.9 164 reviews

Reviews for ella

For Emergency Contraception "Ella One does work!! Before taking ella, I did took plan b two weeks before that. Two Days later after my period had just ended, (Aug 27th) I had unprotected sex again that had lasted only 10 second and since I was afraid of pre cum, 40 hrs late I took Ella . I’m usually very cautious of what I do. But sometime, you make mistake that you totally regret. I wasn’t suppose to get my period until Sep.17. During those 3 weeks, I had experienced diarrhea, bloating, stomach pain, mood swing, couldn’t sleep and the week I was suppose to get my period I had brown, bright red, white discharges all week. I also had a clear watery discharge. I took a pregnancy test at the clinic on the day I was suppose to get my period and it came back negative. Until Oct 9 so 4 weeks after missing my period it had finally came. But the pills definitely had work but it may delay your period for a few weeks and make you feel as if like you were pregnant."

Crystal04145 October 11, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Update: I took two pregnancy tests this week 17/18 days after sex and taking Ella pill & they were negative. Went to Planned Parenthood and had a Urine test as well and it was negative! Thanks for your advice/help everyone! Ella works "

FoxyRoxy (taken for less than 1 month) October 3, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "I had unprotected sex with my partner on my most fertile day as we had decided to plan our second baby. However after this I got cold feet & realised it wasn’t the right time. I was prescribed Ella One (had never taken this before- only Levonelle) & took it around 40 hours after sex. I then began feeling exhausted & emotional almost straight away. A few days later I began to have stabbing pains in my breasts & crampy, heavy feeling in my womb. I also had nausea & 5 days before period was due I took a pregnancy test which came back positive. I refused to believe it so waited until period was late & tested again- again it was positive. I then started to accept it & planned with my partner who was very excited. I made my first midwife appointment & took the last test I had left just for fun. It was negative. I then took another- also negative but still felt pregnant. Then today (2 days later) I started bleeding & have had a chemical pregnancy."

Lolo October 1, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "On Sept 14, we used a condom and he came. We showered then we changed and lied on his bed, after 20 minutes we began once again having sex but he put it in unprotected for about 15-20 seconds before he put on a condom again. He didn’t finish inside me but he had finished less than 30 minutes prior so was worried that semen would be around. I was scared but I didn’t retake plan b because I had taken it last month. I went to PP and I got BC and they asked if I wanted EC. It had been 5 days since the unprotected sex, they told me I needed to get Ella. I took it and 2 days later I had light spotting which turned into a period with darkish blood and some clots. It was shorter than my normal period (4 days instead of 7). I was super moody and emotional and then it’s been about a week and a half since I took it and I’m feeling depressed , my head hurts sometimes and I feel dizzy.... I will try to be back and update :/"

FoxyRoxy October 1, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "I took the ellaOne 5 days after the last time I had unprotected sex. The doctors weren’t sure if it was going to be affective or not. 2 weeks later I am in agony ... crying in pain.. severe abdominal , lower back pain. 4 weeks late for my period with multiple tests resulting in being negative. I have 2 lots of blood tests to do today and that was before I got my PERIOD also -today!!! I should be happy but also worried if I should go to A&E suspecting a miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy. All I know is the pain is still the same. 10/10 discomfort!!! "

Kk (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Earlier I posted about having a unfortunate accident with broken condom during ovulation day, but lucky this pill saved me! I am not in position to have a baby at age of 22 only! So since I took ella one, have given me worst PMS ever I experienced! Bloaty stomach with worst pain in upper and lower abdomen and back pain, got my period today day 23! Thank goodness! But won't ever be having sex till married! This pill saved my life! Bless it! But the side effects are awful! And the countless nights I've spent crying and waking, isn't good! Girls have fun only if you're serious about taking risks with such situations! I am damm lucky and cannot thank god enough for saving me! Finally will have good sleep now, onwards!!"

Jess1999 (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Still waiting for period, havin cramps since day I took. Did 3 tests, all neg. Bad situation!"

Jess1111 (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "So earlier took pill, and getting abdomen pain and cramps and nausea and back pain. I seriously regret that the fact condom broke and his sperms leaked in me, to be honest, having (accidental) unprotected sex is just the worst. It's 6 years we been doing it but this is the first time this happened. Waiting for my period anxiously, god please be with me. Girls pls dont get carried away while having sex and second, no guy is worth this much stress, just avoid sex! That's what I have decided! Waiting for period on 20 September. Since I took pill while ovulating and I am so freaked out. I took pill 1 hr after sex."

Jess199999 (taken for less than 1 month) September 11, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Ella one works! Didn’t really have any side affects, just headache and bloating, but it turned out to be period signs. However, I got my period 5 days late. Was very nervous during these 5 days! My advice: don’t stress, Ella one may delay your period."

Nadine September 8, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "My last period started 19 August and I had unprotected sex on the 21st, that is on day 3 of my cycle, which is usually pretty regular at about 27-28 days. To make sure there is no risk I took the pill 9h later. In a few days, I had some very strange side-effects, like pressure in my abdomen, a feeling of arousal without any stimulation, cramps. It all seemed very uncomfortable. The symptoms went away and came back around day 14 which is when again, I started experiencing cramps and pressure in my pelvic area. Now it's day 19, I took a preg test and it came back negative. I am freaking out completely and I am super confused by all these symptoms, I am just waiting for my period. I feel tired, foggy and anxious. I think if the pill is taken in week one of the cycle, it mimics ovulation and your body will react strangely. I also think it makes PMS worse. But I hope this is all worth it!"

bluebox September 7, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "So from past two years ella always worked for me, but yes, condom broke and leaked inside. Took ellaone immediately after one hour of finding it. Waiting anxiously for period as I never wish to be pregnant?! I having stomach pain since last night. Feeling depressed. Guys pls don't bother with sex as you get severe depression when small accidents happen like these. I should get period before 26 Sept."

Jess (taken for less than 1 month) September 7, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "I took this 2 days after having had unprotected sex while I was ovulating and it has clearly worked as since then I have got my period. Only thing is it caused quite bad headaches and nausea on the day I took it and now I'm on my period which has been for much longer than usual and is making me emotionally crazy, like everything is making me cry. But I'd rather have a headache and be emotionally fragile than have a baby - you got me."

s.l (taken for less than 1 month) September 6, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "I took ellaone in my third week of my cycle. My next period was 14 days late - but at least I got it!!"

Y (taken for less than 1 month) September 6, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Had sex 6th August, 2 days after my period finished. He didn’t ejaculate inside me but was too scared to leave it just in case of Precum. I took the pill approximately 26hrs afterwards. A week after I had white discharge sort of like ovulation coming for a week. I was honestly so scared I thought I was pregnant along with the side effects of the pill or pregnancy?? I only got severe bloating. Now it went away but I’m still bloating a bit. I took a pregnancy test and it came out negative 2 days ago but I’m now 6 days late!! What’s happening!"

Scared September 5, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "KEEP CALM, IT WORKS! I PROMISE! I am sharing this review to calm some girls down. I had a pregnancy scare this week and felt really bad, and reading the positive reviews gave me hope. I had sex during my ovulation phase, day 16 to be exact, and the condom ruptured. All odds were against me because my partner did not withdraw when ejaculating, and we both discovered the horror after. Panicked I took Levonelle the next day, but read that this has zero to no effect after ovulation has occurred, so two days later I risked it and took ella one (please don't do what I did). My period arrived today (a week earlier) and I've never felt more relieved. Girls, please do be careful. It is not a pleasant feeling to experience this but it does happen, and you will get through it. This pill really worked. It was the scariest experience of my life, because I really cannot afford to be pregnant anytime soon, it would have ruined my life and my career goals."

may30 September 2, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Update I took Ellaone the same day I had sex witch was my ovulation day. Ended up pregnant, anyway at 6 weeks and 3 days I miscarried. Will never touch birth control again in my life. Don’t recommend this pill while ovulating."

Cb August 27, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Worst pill out there, gave me back pain and stomach cramps and I feel like I’m dying! Haven’t taken a pregnancy test yet however I feel that this can cause ectopic pregnancies because that’s what I feel that I have! So upset right now"

Kira (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Had sex the 22nd was ovulating took the pill on the 22nd and I’m pregnant. This pill is not affective if your ovulating ladies."

Cb (taken for less than 1 month) August 21, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "I took this pill the morning following an accident. Within a couple of days I started experiencing symptoms just like I had when I was pregnant, upset tummy, feeling sick and mild cramps. I was totally convinced I was pregnant for about 10 days but thank goodness I wasn't!"

SJ (taken for less than 1 month) August 21, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Hopefully I can provide some women confidence with my story. I had unprotected sex July 28 at 3am which was 12 days into my cycle. (The Fertility window as O-Day is approximately day1 4) That morning by the pharmacy, I was asked a series of questions. During this point, please do not lie, be ashamed, feel judged it is just there job so they can work out the best option for you- Just be direct so the doctor/pharmacist can prescribe you the best treatment to avoid any mishaps! I took ellaone after eating something small & 6 hrs after intercourse Wk1 on Ella: Very fatigued Wk2: Heightened sense of smells at distances. (August 10, day25 into my cycle I took a pregnancy test. Results: Negative) Wk3: Mood swings/Cramps Day32 I took a 2nd test to be sure: Results were negative. 3days later my period is here :D and I'm very grateful as I was very much at risk!! -I paid attention to eating habits/cravings/dislikes/QTY intake Practise safe sex and be smart ladies!"

B (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "I had sex with my partner day 10 of my 28 day cycle. I cannot take any contraception so my doctor prescribed Ella pills for me to have at home if ever a condom broke, which was my case. It has now been 4 days since I took the pill and I have been experiencing extreme dizziness and major stomach pain. I have never had these effects in the past on Ella but this time I feel horrible, I cannot sleep although I feel very fatigued. I had previously gotten pregnant on Plan B but (knock on wood) it hasn't happened on Ella. I am not sure to what extent this severe stomach pain is considered normal, hopefully it stops soon or I will have to seek medical advice. I would like to thank the women who took the time to share their experiences."

Mimi (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "So July 2nd I had unprotected sex July 9 I took the Ella pill in the evening. Next day I had some funny symptoms, I couldn't sleep every time I would try and go to sleep I would jump back up, felt fatigued but never threw up. For about 3 days I had pregnant like symptoms like most of the reviews said I would. Just now having a period Aug 6 not a heavy one but at this point I don’t think I’ve ever been this happy about cramps and blood lol"

Barb (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Just thought I’d share my experience as I’ve been worried this whole time and all I was doing was reading reviews and experiences online. So I had a mishap on the evening of day 15 of my cycle, took Ella one on the morning of day 17. Period was due day 29, 7 days ago. Took a pregnancy test today and it says 2-3 weeks pregnant. Had cramps last week and also a sharp pain now and then on my left hand side."

Sarah (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "I took pill 5 hrs after having intercourse on holidays with my partner the day I was ovulating. I'm 40 and healthy this was my first time taking anything like this. I had no side effects for the first few weeks my next due period was 6 days late. My side effect symptoms , headaches, cramps, bloated tummy, extremely sore breasts like so bad I also had pressure pain on the bone about 2 inches up from anal area. My period came lasted 4 days not to heavy or light. After few days I was spotting on and off then I started bleeding for 2 full days very heavy bright red with tiny dark like clots. Day 3,4,5 which is now I'm still spotting. Symptoms again since last night, headache, bloated and really just feeling rubbish. I had full blood work done few days ago including hormones thyroid only thing showed up was iron overload this sample sent to another lab. I haven't taking contraceptive in 7 years as wanted to be free of them as I was on them for too long time prior to that. My period is 28 day cycle well was before Ella one."

Mellyc August 4, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Had unprotected sex early into my cycle. Freaked out because I don't know when I ovulated/if I did. I feel as though I'm pretty regular 28-30 day cycles, so it would've been day 12-15 for me. Guy pulled out, didn't ejaculate - but I still didn't want to risk it because I can't chance precum. I didn't freak out until the 3rd night after sex, by then levonelle would've been too late. Ordered this online and got it by the 112th hour. Ladies, THIS PILL WORKS, ONLY BEFORE/IMMEDIATELY BEFORE OVULATION!! I waited 3 long weeks for my period, and when it was July 9th - it didn't come. I freaked out. It came 5 days later and couldn't have been more happy to see blood and have cramps. PLEASE PLEASE USE PROTECTION, AND DO NOT MAKE THIS A RECURRING THING. NO MAN IS WORTH THIS STRESS AND ANXIETY . Not using protection is playing with fire and never will it ever happen again for me. I hope to never rely on EC again. Good luck"

MsRelieved (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2018