Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jun 29, 2021.
Generic name: ULIPRISTAL ACETATE 30mg
Dosage form: tablet
Recommended Dosage and Administration
- Take one tablet of ella orally as soon as possible within 120 hours (5 days) after unprotected intercourse or a known or suspected contraceptive failure.
- Take ella with or without food.
- Take ella at any time during the menstrual cycle.
Recommendations Regarding Use with Hormonal Contraception
After ella use, initiate or resume hormonal contraception no sooner than 5 days after the intake of ella and use a reliable barrier method until the next menstrual period. For known or suspected failure of hormonal contraception refer to the hormonal contraceptive’s prescribing information for instructions on what to do [see Warnings and Precautions (5.5), Drug Interactions (7.1) and Clinical Pharmacology (12.2)].
More about ella (ulipristal)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 576 Reviews
- Generic Availability
- Drug class: progesterone receptor modulators
- FDA Approval History
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.