User Reviews for Plan B One-Step

Emergency Contraception
8.7

Summary of Plan B One-Step reviews 8.7 648 reviews

Reviews for Plan B One-Step

For Emergency Contraception "Okay girls, Plan B WORKS ! Let me tell you these past weeks have been extremely stressful. I made a mistake having sex without a condom ): this was around 9pm on May 8th. I came home and immediately started stressing I was 100% positive he came in me (he told me). I woke up the next morning and got plan b. I took it and of course you all know, that is not where the stress ends. I was up all night reading and reading, the time I took plan b was after ovulation and supposedly it is less effective in that manner. Ugh I was crying so much. I was suppose to have my period on the 14th and I was 3 days late. Which is bad and today, May 18th I got it. "

Shay May 18, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "I took this pill on April 15 the day after the condom bust (4-14-18)and I got a positive pregnancy test result on May 13th! Didn’t work at all! I’m so upset! Beware!"

Sad and depressed (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "I took Plan B about 30 hours after unprotected sex. I fell asleep immediately after taking the pill in hopes of sleeping through any major side effects. (totally recommend doing that btw!) The following day I had no side effects other than a headache and my extreme anxiety over the situation and possible pregnancy. The second day after taking the pill I had brown discharge, and thought for sure I was prego after reading so many scary things online. The next day I had severe cramps and thankfully Plan B I got my period!! This works! Just let the medication do it’s job and don’t stress yourself reading horror stories like I did. Good luck everyone:)"

Anonymous May 9, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "I had sex with my boyfriend on April 21, the condom broke and he came all inside of me. I literally was freaking out!! I’ve took plan b before but the first time I took it it wasn’t as severe, the comdom broke but he didn’t ejaculate yet it was just a precaution. The 2nd time he did tho. So we hurried up and went to Walgreens and picked up the 50$ pill. I took it within 40 min. I usually start my period around the beginning of the month so I still had about 2 weeks and I was so worried. It was all I thought about constantly. I honestly thought I was pregnant. I’m 19 years old so I honestly thought my life was ruined. I came on here and I looked at these reviews all the time because it would make me feel a lot better because it worked for so many people. Ladies, this pill does work. Take as soon as you can after an emergency. Don’t wait a couple hours. I started my period today and I cried because it was such a relief. TAKE THIS PILL IT WORKS!!"

Christina (taken for less than 1 month) May 5, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "On April 12, day 14 of my cycle, my boyfriend and I had sex and used protection. He ended up finishing inside me and when he pulled out, we realized the condom broke. Took the pill w/in 2 hrs; realized I was in my prime fertility window and potentially could have been ovulating, and FREAKED out. I read a lot of conflicting research and could not verify if Plan B can stop implantation. I experienced some on and off nausea but that was it. I was scheduled to get my period today and began to feel the onset of my period the last two days and period came today just as it was supposed to!!! So so happy. The best advice I would give to anyone in this situation is to think about your other options, such as the copper IUD or the Ella pill and educate yourself thoroughly on the process of our menstrual cycles. Get off these forums as they do your head in to keep reading and will not do much to assuage your nerves. Relax and let the pill do it’s job; you likely will be fine!! Good luck everyone :)"

FinallyChilling April 30, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "I was so nervous on the night I spent with my gf and unexpectedly condom got slipped. We almost did not have a sleep whole night and I started browsing for the next steps to avoid pregnancy immediately I found this Plan-B. The very next day I brought this and my gf took it before 12hrs and exactly after one and half week she got her period. I was like freaked out(:p Never expected in my life time that I will be freaking out if my gf gets periods "Awkward"). Guys seriously we can simply trust this Plan-B capsule and 46$ is really worth for it."

Tom (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "I thought I would share my experience because I didn't see many like it on here! I was suppose to start my period around April 16th but I ended up not starting it then, I wasn't worried because I wasn't sexually active anytime before that. On April 18/19 I had sex a few times, unprotected, and he did cum inside me. I was pretty worried even though I knew I should be starting my period hopefully sometime within the next few days, I went ahead and bought Plan B One Step and took it about 50 hours after the first time we had sex. I know you are not likely to get pregnant right before your period but I was scared cause I was already late. I was worried that my period would be delayed even more and I would keep worrying about it. After a little bit of spotting for a few days, and being a little light headed my period came 4 days after taking the pill. Remember ladies everyone's body is different try to stay calm because I was in your shoes and worrying about it will not help at all."

TRustt (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Ladies, don’t panic. Take a deep breath and let the pill do its magic!!!!! Me and my boyfriend had sex a few days after my period ended and the condom broke. I was in my ovulation days and I was so worried. I took plan B 30 mins after it happened and I got my period 2-3 days early!!!!!! fter a week of taking it I had heavy bleeding for about 3 days. it works. trust it!!!!!"

Anonymous April 6, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Plan B works!!!! 3 weeks ago my boyfriend came inside of me either the day I was ovulating or the day after bc the condom broke, so I took plan b within the hour. The worst part was the wait, and I tried to take Vitamin C to induce my period but that didn’t work so I was sure I was pregnant lol. Then I basically worried myself to death everyday thinking I had the symptoms of pregnancy (stop googling things!! It’s better that way!!) and then finally my period came one day late. The only side effect I had was tender breasts. The worrying is the worst part, but try to stay calm!!! It will work!! that’s what it’s made for!!! You will be ok!!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Me and my boyfriend had sex on Saturday March 10th around 5am, the condom broke and I believe he finished inside me because when he pulled out I felt everything come out of me. I took Plan b one-step on Sunday March 11th at around 8pm. I was very sure that the pill wasn’t gonna work for me because they say you have to be at least 175 lbs or less, but I’m 277 lbs which is way over the limit. I experienced no side effects, I felt fine. About a week and 3 days later I was having some brown discharge, then the very next day I got my period. My period came exactly on time. So there is hope for us big girls! Don’t freak out just pray and trust the pill. This was a very long and hard time for me and my boyfriend but everything went just fine. Stop Googling because I PROMISE you it’s just going to make things worse. Good luck to all you ladies."

East23 (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "This pill works, but don’t use it too many times. Ended up having unprotected sex 1 week after my period, right away I took the Plan B like an hour after getting it from the store. Had a few side effect, like cramping and moody. Ended up getting a very light spotting a week after taking the pill for a total of 3 days. Then it ended up really messing up my cycle. Was stressing because I had not gotten my period for just about 3 months down the road, along with not being sexually active and assuming I could be pregnant, even though I had taken the plan B and didn’t have a full period because of it. My period was very light but longer than usual, as this was my 3rd time using this plan B pill. Highly recommend the plan B, though only for emergencies, as it can mess up your body’s cycle."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 24, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "I had unprotected sex on Feb. 22nd about a week after I had my period. He pulled out in time but I was still worried about pre-cum so I went and bought the pill the next day and took it about 18 hours after sex. For the whole rest of the month after I took I was incredibly paranoid that I was pregnant and reading some of the reviews scared me. I finally got my period March 17th which is two days later than I would normally get it. I did have a lot of the side effects that came with the pill and it made my period heavier than normal but it wasn't anything too bad. Don't stress. This pill works."

Dawn March 20, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Had the condom break during sex and he finished inside before we knew it had broken. This was during my fertile window and I just got off birth control and we already have one kid so we couldn’t afford another quite yet. Ran to the store IMMEDIATELY and bought plan b and took the pill within an HOUR after the mishap. After a week I started taking pregnancy tests, four altogether, and each one came up negative or not pregnant (took clear blue and first response) with the last test being yesterday which was a straight up negative and finally today I got my period so it is true the sooner you take the pill the more effective because otherwise if I had waited a little bit I’m sure I'd be pregnant right now so do not wait! Now I’m setting up an appointment with my OB and getting back on birth control tho because that was all very stressful to deal with and also plan b is not a replacement for birth control and this was my first and only time I'll use this method ever again!"

girl20 (taken for less than 1 month) March 7, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "So my last period was Jan 18-23rd , I messed up on February 2nd so quickly took plan b like 15 mins later . I realized that I had like 3 weeks to my next period I was just like you looking up pregnancy symptoms vs plan b symptoms, how effective it is , reading reviews but it honestly brings MORE stress I promise ! The only side effect I had was tender breasts on the second week . The first week I was a mess , crying etc because I'm not ready to be a Mum but my period came today Feb 17th right on time ! I couldn't be more happy ! Thank you ! Best wishes for you guys ! It works."

ana:/) February 17, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "I have taken other brands of emergency contraceptive (EC), which all contain the same amount Levonorgestrel. Given that fact, you'd think the results and side-effects would be the same, but they are NOT. I experienced less side effects from Plan B than I did with the cheaper EC brands, such as the Walgreens brand (severe irritation, cramps) and Aftera (bad reviews from most with complaints of leg cramps). The sooner you take, the more effective it is, so don't wait. It's possible your insurance covers it, but we didn't try that since it was after hours. Why do they result in different side effects? Well, maybe the Levonorgestrel differs in purity, quality or it comes from a different source. Because it's synthetic, it could be molecularly different, but still be the same medicine."

Gemini3813 January 30, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "I forgot to take my birth control for a couple days, the condom broke and my boyfriend finished in me. I took the pill 10 hours later, and had to wait 4 weeks to get my period. I had both white and brown discharge at times which freaked me out cuz I read online that it meant pregnancy. Got my period today, couldn't be happier! Stop googling things and worrying, the pill works. I know a million girls who have taken it, and it has worked for every single one every single time. Trust me-- you are FINE. It wouldn't be FDA approved if it didn't work like they say it does!!!!"

Anonymous January 26, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "IT WORKS!! To those of you who are worried sick, don’t worry!!! Plan b is meant to work. Tip: TAKE THE PILL AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, plz! Best if within 12 hrs. (Another option: look into iud as emergency contraceptive :D) I took the pill this month (January) on the 11th!! And I just got my period. One week early!!! The first time I took the pill, I didn’t feel any of the side effects, just fatigue. Second time, I felt naseuous and had a few headaches. My breast hurt a bit. But then 5 days after taking the second pill, I got my period!! My period is usually heavy but this time it’s light. But neverthelsss I am happy! I HOPE ALL OF YOU SUCCESS WITH PLAN B. It will work. Stay positive!"

Annercd January 24, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "I took it hours after an accident and I’m now pregnant a week after the accident. Thanks plan b."

Mom of soon to be 4. (taken for less than 1 month) January 24, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Here’s my story about using plan b I lost my virginity to my boyfriend last Monday so the condom had slipped off, trust me I was freaking out so the next morning I went to pick up the pill and took it with some water at first I wasn’t feeling any side effects until Sunday I started spotting the same day, had few cramps then Monday I started to have a heavy flow hopefully it’s my period I through it was implantation bleeding but I had clots in my blood so it’s my period. This pill works you may have back pain, I had back pain but it’s different for other women. Stress can cause a delay in your period let the pill do it’s job and please stay off google because trust me I freaked myself out"

J hope January 23, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Me and my bf had sex Dec 20th and he came inside of me . I took a pill 3 hours later and my expected period was January 9. I had light spotting a couple weeks after it happened. It is now the Jan 22 and my period is still not here, I also took 2 test , they came back negative. Don’t know what to think"

Ononymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 23, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Anybody here freaking out I can absolutely put your mind at ease. My ex boyfriend used to be a little pushy about unprotected sex once and a while and always got the pill for me afterwards. I have taken this product probably about 5 times and every time it works. It has some side effects like light bleeding, cramping, and may delay your actual period but don't stress!! It works."

Tsuki Ryu (taken for less than 1 month) January 17, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "I took the plan b one step 9 hours after unprotected sex and still got pregnant. We only had unprotected sex once and we got the pill as a precaution. I now have a beautiful 4 year old."

Amb21 (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "THE PILL DOES WORK!!!!!! I had unprotected sex on the 17th of December, less than 45 mins after I took the pill. I was stressed out, I was praying & on the 29th my period came. 2 weeks early!!!! So try not to stress out and trust the pill. It does throw off your cycle, and your hormones and the side effects last a little longer. But it’s honestly worth it."

NikkiRo January 1, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "This medicine WORKS. I was super stressed out and didn’t know if my period will come or not and it came on time. Trust the medicine. And don’t stress about it"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 26, 2017

For Emergency Contraception "Okay, so I know you’re stressed right now and that’s normal. I’m here to tell you that it does indeed work. I had unprotected sex with a friend and he came inside of me. I took the pill 10 hours later and my period came a week earlier than usual. So don’t stress about it. Just let it work on it’s own."

Anonymous December 26, 2017