User Reviews for Plan B One-Step

Emergency Contraception
8.7

Summary of Plan B One-Step reviews 8.7 664 reviews

Reviews for Plan B One-Step

For Emergency Contraception "Trust me, this pill works ladies!! No need to stress:) I had sex for the first time with my boyfriend just a few days after I finished my period. We used a condom, but unfortunately it broke. We noticed it right away. He didn’t cum yet inside the condom, but we were still paranoid about pre-cum. So always wear a condom everyone!! Anyways I was freaking out like crazy. I took the pill within a half hour. The only side effect I had was a small headache about an hour after taking the pill. Also about 4 days after taking the pill, I had a withdrawal bleeding, which is like a false period. One side effect of the pill is changes within your menstrual cycle. This pill is an insanely high dose of hormones, so that’s why I had this false period. I got my period today though, 3 days earlier than expected! :)"

Lizzyyyy August 11, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Soo I’m 18 and got super drunk. That night, August 3rd, I had unprotected sex with this guy who isn’t even my friend and is 25. He came in me but we only went to get the pill next morning, about 9 hours after sex. I keep track of my period and was supposed to get my period in 7 days after the accident. So when I checked the app it said I wasn’t ovulating, but I still took the pill with food. First day no side effects. Second day, I threw up but it might have been because I was drinking. Now after that for the past 4 days I’ve been extremely dizzy, tired, painful cramps, my back hurt, I was super depressed and angry, and I was breaking out due to hormones. I took the test just in case it was a negative. Then on August 9th I got spotting at first, but then the next day, it was period after all, two days before they were suppose to start. My period was heavy and painful. I’m still praying that I’m not pregnant cause apparently u can still end up prego."

Don’t let him cum in you August 9, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "It works. I took it after having unprotected sex on day 14 of my cycle (!!), and it was 24 hours between sex and taking the pill, and it still worked. I definitely don't recommend being as reckless as I was just this once. I got my period on-time, or even a day early. I had a normal period, but then, a couple days after my normal period ended, I started bleeding again and I haven't stopped. It's been over 2 weeks. This is apparently not uncommon, but it's really annoying. DO expect it to work to prevent pregnancy if taken as indicated. DO know that it can mess with *when* you get your period and *how long* the bleeding lasts. DO know that heavy or prolonged bleeding as a result of taking Plan B is NOT a miscarriage."

EmmaB123 (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "I have used the morning after pill more times than I would care to admit but it has always worked for me and I have never been pregnant after taking it. I have taken it several days into my cycle, and when ovulating as well. I don't write reviews but I'm 32, pregnancy free and I have a lot of sex. So take it if you don't want a baby. Keep one handy in your house for the next time. Because it's worth it."

Babsy (taken for 10 years or more) July 22, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "I had unprotected sex around my ovulation time a month ago. It just kind of happened quickly and before I knew it, he ejaculated inside of me. Due to this being a newer relationship and me being a teen (late teen, but teen), I didn't have a big need for birth control before this so I was not on any form of it. I took plan b 10 hours after. Then 6 days later, I had the brown "spotting". It was very liquidy and there was a lot of it for 3/4 days. Weeks go by and I miss my period. I'm usually spot on and never miss especially because I wasn't on birth control. My stomach was hard and bloated for the entire month of waiting for my period and occasionally I had cramping in my stomach and uterus, my back hurt, and I could hardly eat. I was CONVINCED I was pregnant. I'm 11 days late on my period, but I finally got it today. My guess is since I took it so close to ovulation that messed me up. Listen ladies, I had every symptom in the book and the odds were against me and I turned out okay."

livingforthis July 21, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Missed my period for three months after taking this pill. Had to start birth control to get my cycle again never will I use it again"

Tae July 20, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Ok so I took Plan B One Step 2x and both times it gave me horrible side effects. I had sex both times during my fertile window in a span of two months (back to back). So the first time was May 3rd and we used the withdrawal method and my ex did not ejaculate in me. I freaked out and we got the pill around 10pm at night. An hour later I took the pill. I immediately felt sick the next day. I had extremely tender breasts, sore nipples, cramps, major headaches, bloating, constipation and fatigue. It also suppressed my appetite a lot. But I got my period four days earlier than expected that month! The second time I had sex twice in June during my fertility window again using the withdrawal method. Again I freaked out and he reluctantly got the pill a day later, so I took it in the 72 hour range. I just got my period today, a day earlier then expected and I feel like rubbish with bad cramps and back pain but it is all worth it, even though I broke up with my boyfriend"

Mickey July 15, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Took plan B day 19 of my cycle, and there was a good chance I was fertile (I have a 32 day cycle). 4 days later I bled heavily accompanied with bloating, headache, gas, and cramps. The next month was filled with cramps, some so bad I could hardly move, and light headedness. My next period came exactly a month after my plan B period so it reset my cycle. Not sure if it prevented pregnancy or if I was never going to get pregnant in the first place. I took it 2 hours after the condom broke. The side effects were horrible, but I’m not pregnant."

Anonymous July 11, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Ok so I ended my period on June 17ish and had unprotected sex June 19th (4 days before ovulation) and took plan b about 6 hours after (I got it for free at planned parenthood). About 5 days after taking it I got extremely heavy bleeding which lasted 2 days and just felt really tired which are symptoms of plan b and the only symptoms I got. My next period was expected to come June 10th but it came today a day early !! This pill really does work I 10/10 recommend and I hope it works for everyone! (Pray a lot)"

Yay (taken for less than 1 month) July 9, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Took Plan B within 24 hrs of unprotected sex. I spotted and bleed a little and a couple of weeks later got my period. That was in May. I have not had sex since then. Test positive on pregnancy test at the Dr today."

Mimi (taken for less than 1 month) July 7, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "I don’t usually write reviews, but I hope knowing that it worked for one more person will bring comfort to whoever is reading this."

Anonymous July 5, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "I had a condom break on me and I went to the drug store immediately the next Morning, It works! Sad enough I now have to buy it again this morning, I got my fingers crossed I get the same result as before! To be continued..."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 5, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "I’m going to give this a 4 because I have taken it before and it has been effective. The last time I took it (about a month ago) I got pregnant. I took it no more than 6 hours after unprotected sex. The pregnancy was confirmed by blood tests. I am miscarrying now (probably has to do with the plan B) and relieved about that but still am stressed out about possible pregnancy complications and not knowing when this is going to end and re regulate. I guess if I were smarter about knowing when I ovulated and had consistent birth control I would not be in this predicament but here we are. I just have always had success with Plan B ...So be careful...."

Chicagogirl (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "IT WORKEDDDDDD!!!! Don’t stress is the key and a whole lot of prayer, lol. Good luck"

He June 22, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "This did not work for me, and interestingly, it did not work for my close friend. Both of us took the pill within mere hours after unprotected sex and we both are pregnant. I'd also like to mention I am in my 30's and have a child. I did take this a couple of times in my 20's and had success. Anyways, we are happy to welcome our second baby and I (well, my husband) take full responsibility as no protection was used. I'd like to mention that if you don't want to kids at all, do not rely on this for birth control because you could very well end up pregnant (and out $50!)"

Baby no. 2 on the way... (taken for less than 1 month) June 19, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "My last period was April 18. According to my period app (not always 100% right about ovulation) I was possibly ovulating April 30th until May 3rd. I had sex on the May 4, the 17th day of my cycle. The condom broke at the wrong time and my boyfriend finished inside me. We purchased Plan B One Step. I took it with food 1 or two hours after what happened. I did not have any side effects until two weeks after, my back hurt and my boobs were more sensitive than usual. My period was supposed to come on the 16th. It did not. As if I wasn’t nervous enough already I began to completely freak out. I looked at every website, review, and scientific study on the drug. I read that it wouldn’t work if you were or had already ovulated. I freaked out. I wasn’t sure if I had or hadn’t. Thank goodness my period came on May 22nd, 6 days after when it was supposed to. I am so relieved. Don’t stress yourself out! It’ll only make your period later. If you took the pill soon enough, it will work."

Thankful May 23, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Okay girls, Plan B WORKS ! Let me tell you these past weeks have been extremely stressful. I made a mistake having sex without a condom ): this was around 9pm on May 8th. I came home and immediately started stressing I was 100% positive he came in me (he told me). I woke up the next morning and got plan b. I took it and of course you all know, that is not where the stress ends. I was up all night reading and reading, the time I took plan b was after ovulation and supposedly it is less effective in that manner. Ugh I was crying so much. I was suppose to have my period on the 14th and I was 3 days late. Which is bad and today, May 18th I got it. "

Shay May 18, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "I took this pill on April 15 the day after the condom bust (4-14-18)and I got a positive pregnancy test result on May 13th! Didn’t work at all! I’m so upset! Beware!"

Sad and depressed (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "I took Plan B about 30 hours after unprotected sex. I fell asleep immediately after taking the pill in hopes of sleeping through any major side effects. (totally recommend doing that btw!) The following day I had no side effects other than a headache and my extreme anxiety over the situation and possible pregnancy. The second day after taking the pill I had brown discharge, and thought for sure I was prego after reading so many scary things online. The next day I had severe cramps and thankfully Plan B I got my period!! This works! Just let the medication do it’s job and don’t stress yourself reading horror stories like I did. Good luck everyone:)"

Anonymous May 9, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "I had sex with my boyfriend on April 21, the condom broke and he came all inside of me. I literally was freaking out!! I’ve took plan b before but the first time I took it it wasn’t as severe, the comdom broke but he didn’t ejaculate yet it was just a precaution. The 2nd time he did tho. So we hurried up and went to Walgreens and picked up the 50$ pill. I took it within 40 min. I usually start my period around the beginning of the month so I still had about 2 weeks and I was so worried. It was all I thought about constantly. I honestly thought I was pregnant. I’m 19 years old so I honestly thought my life was ruined. I came on here and I looked at these reviews all the time because it would make me feel a lot better because it worked for so many people. Ladies, this pill does work. Take as soon as you can after an emergency. Don’t wait a couple hours. I started my period today and I cried because it was such a relief. TAKE THIS PILL IT WORKS!!"

Christina (taken for less than 1 month) May 5, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "On April 12, day 14 of my cycle, my boyfriend and I had sex and used protection. He ended up finishing inside me and when he pulled out, we realized the condom broke. Took the pill w/in 2 hrs; realized I was in my prime fertility window and potentially could have been ovulating, and FREAKED out. I read a lot of conflicting research and could not verify if Plan B can stop implantation. I experienced some on and off nausea but that was it. I was scheduled to get my period today and began to feel the onset of my period the last two days and period came today just as it was supposed to!!! So so happy. The best advice I would give to anyone in this situation is to think about your other options, such as the copper IUD or the Ella pill and educate yourself thoroughly on the process of our menstrual cycles. Get off these forums as they do your head in to keep reading and will not do much to assuage your nerves. Relax and let the pill do it’s job; you likely will be fine!! Good luck everyone :)"

FinallyChilling April 30, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "I was so nervous on the night I spent with my gf and unexpectedly condom got slipped. We almost did not have a sleep whole night and I started browsing for the next steps to avoid pregnancy immediately I found this Plan-B. The very next day I brought this and my gf took it before 12hrs and exactly after one and half week she got her period. I was like freaked out(:p Never expected in my life time that I will be freaking out if my gf gets periods "Awkward"). Guys seriously we can simply trust this Plan-B capsule and 46$ is really worth for it."

Tom (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "I thought I would share my experience because I didn't see many like it on here! I was suppose to start my period around April 16th but I ended up not starting it then, I wasn't worried because I wasn't sexually active anytime before that. On April 18/19 I had sex a few times, unprotected, and he did cum inside me. I was pretty worried even though I knew I should be starting my period hopefully sometime within the next few days, I went ahead and bought Plan B One Step and took it about 50 hours after the first time we had sex. I know you are not likely to get pregnant right before your period but I was scared cause I was already late. I was worried that my period would be delayed even more and I would keep worrying about it. After a little bit of spotting for a few days, and being a little light headed my period came 4 days after taking the pill. Remember ladies everyone's body is different try to stay calm because I was in your shoes and worrying about it will not help at all."

TRustt (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Ladies, don’t panic. Take a deep breath and let the pill do its magic!!!!! Me and my boyfriend had sex a few days after my period ended and the condom broke. I was in my ovulation days and I was so worried. I took plan B 30 mins after it happened and I got my period 2-3 days early!!!!!! fter a week of taking it I had heavy bleeding for about 3 days. it works. trust it!!!!!"

Anonymous April 6, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Plan B works!!!! 3 weeks ago my boyfriend came inside of me either the day I was ovulating or the day after bc the condom broke, so I took plan b within the hour. The worst part was the wait, and I tried to take Vitamin C to induce my period but that didn’t work so I was sure I was pregnant lol. Then I basically worried myself to death everyday thinking I had the symptoms of pregnancy (stop googling things!! It’s better that way!!) and then finally my period came one day late. The only side effect I had was tender breasts. The worrying is the worst part, but try to stay calm!!! It will work!! that’s what it’s made for!!! You will be ok!!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2018