User Reviews for Plan B One-Step

Learn more about Plan B One-Step.

Emergency Contraception 562 reviews 16 medications

8.7
Summary of Plan B One-Step reviews 562 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Plan B One-Step

For Emergency Contraception "Plan b works!!!! I had an unplanned encounter with a boy who I was not with and have no real relationship with. We ended up having sex twice in one night unprotected. I wasn't on any birth control. I started to panic and so went and got plan b approx 14 hrs after the incident. I had to wait 2 whole weeks until I got my period!!! Worst wait of my life as I basically convinced myself I was pregnant. I had next to no side effects, other than maybe slight abdominal cramps, which freaked me out more as I believed because I didn't have any side effects, plan b didn't work. But have faith! This is very effective and this is my second time taking it and it has never failed. Be patient and don't worry x"

Bbabe May 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Emergency Contraception "I had sex with my boyfriend the day after my period ended, the condom broke and he ejaculated inside of me. We immediately ran to the nearest pharmacy to buy the plan b pill after we discovered what had happened. I took it within an hour of the incident. 7 days later I started bleeding, it felt like a period because it lasted for about 6 days, but this was only plan b helping me shed my uterine lining to prevent the fertilized egg from attaching to my uterine wall. I had my period 4 weeks later. Plan b works, don't worry that much if you've followed the instructions and took it within 72 hours of unprotected sex."

Active teen May 19, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Emergency Contraception "The condom broke and by time we both noticed it was already too late . Roughly 10 hours after the incident I took plan b one step. I didn't really experience any side affects until the next morning I was cramping and had a bit of nausea . The incident happened about 2 1/2 weeks ago I took about 6 pregnancy test . They all came back negative . A part of me says the pill worked but another part still thinks it didn't . I sorta would recommended plan b . And just so y'all know I am overweight . So I believe weight has nothing to do with the effectiveness"

Desdes0318 May 16, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Emergency Contraception "I had sex with my boyfriend and he let it all out in me and I took this pill 25 hours later and I told myself that I will try a pregnancy test the following week but thank God my period came a week after I took the pill. It works, trust me. Just be patient and wait."

Jones1234567890 May 16, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Emergency Contraception "My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex on the day of my ovulation and although I took Plan B about 18 hours later I was still super paranoid for the next week and a half or so until I took a pregnancy test that calmed my nerves. I thought that I was going to be in that 10% that still gets pregnant due to the time in my cycle that I had sex, however the pill worked perfectly with no side effects whatsoever and two weeks later I got my period. It was reading reviews online of Plan B and other situations like mine that calmed my nerves, so to anyone out there just know that this stuff really works and to not worry unnecessarily."

Miranda123 May 12, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Emergency Contraception "Had sex Friday night/Saturday (May 5th/6th) morning, he pulled out. Took Plan B at 4:17pm on Monday about 64hrs later. Feeling bloated; depressed but unable to produce tear. Frequent urination. Nausea, weird dreams. Taking pregnancy test tomorrow."

Worried and peeing a lot (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Emergency Contraception "Plan B works! I am not on birth control, have an extremely regular period and keep close track of my fertile/non fertile windows each month. I have taken plan B 3 times over the span of a year, as back up for the pull out method. I have experienced minimal to no side effects, with the exception of being extremely bloated. The first 2 times I took the pill my period came the exact day I was due for it & the 3rd time my period came 3 days early. Ladies, just relax and let the pill do what it's supposed to do. If you took it within the 72hr time frame then your chances of becoming pregnant are slim to none. The pill is not a hoax and it truly does what it is meant to do!"

NotPreggo May 8, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Emergency Contraception "Unprotected intercourse April 29th, took the pill 4 hours later. Now it's more than a week past. Definitely feeling preggo and like someone else. I know it was a huge dose of hormones and supposedly stops ovulation, but I ovulated then...I'm testing this Saturday or Sunday (Mother's day..yikes) if my period doesn't come. Cramps and no discharge or anything. I had dizziness start within hours of taking it. I haven't been depressed in a while--crying at the drop of a hat, my belly and chest feels a little more swollen/tender each day. Having trouble sleeping at night--hot flashes nightly, strange dreams the first two nights.The desire to eat much then nothing comes and goes. I'm nauseated. Watch out!"

Sick and Tired. (taken for less than 1 month) May 8, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Emergency Contraception "Hi readers! to start off I had sex the 15 April and took plan b about 45 min after the condom broke. Five days after I experienced bleeding for 2 days and I would say it wasn't spotting but it was medium/heavy. After the bleeding I was trying not to think about it and just hoping science would do its magic. About a week later I started stressing again. I already have bad anxiety which made this situation a lot worse. I couldn't fathom telling my parents, there was a point where I was almost convinced I was pregnant, and honestly I think it was just me getting worried. But here I am May 7 and my period is here and I couldn't be happier! It works! Seriously just relax!"

anonymousgirl1257 May 7, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Emergency Contraception "All I can say, from my experience, the pill is not very effective. From the other reviews I read, it seemed like it worked for most people. My boyfriend and I had unprotective sex 4/25. I took PLAN B within 24 hours. Figured I would be okay. Missed my period. Took a pregnancy test and yes... it was positive. Maybe if I would have taken it sooner than 24 hours, I might have gotten lucky. Not this time."

Kaykay1323 May 7, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Emergency Contraception "Okay hey ladies! Me and my boyfriend had a condom break so I took plan b about an hour later. Then, about a week later, I got a period. Now this was about two weeks early but it's pretty normal for this to happen with plan b. It also is a good sign that the pill worked but it isn't a promise. So, I anxiously waited for my normal period but as that time was going by I looked into getting an IUD. And now that I just got my period today, I can go back and get an IUD in!!! For everyone out there who doesn't want to go through this again, I highly recommend an IUD. They can come with or without hormones, are 99.9% effective, and can stay in for 3-12 years! The insertion only lasts a couple min and they are free! Stay safe :)"

1284628462927 May 6, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Emergency Contraception "This works! I'm writing this because, for two weeks after taking this I stressed about it being effective. I'm 21, in college, 5'1 and 110 pounds. I don't take birth control because I am not usually sexually active. Long story short, I had a risky one night stand, unprotected. (stupid, irresponsible) I know. I took plan b one step at around 6:30 the next evening, around 15 hours later. I was especially worried because this was right around ovulation time. I had few side effects. Day 1 was at night, gave me a slight headache and made me depressed. Day 2 I felt fine all day but had a few instances of dizziness. About a week in I had mild cramps and slightly sore breasts. Now, two weeks later, my period came, right on time."

AW32 May 4, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Emergency Contraception "I was looking for reviews for a while trying to find someone who took the pill as late as I did and I couldn't find any so this is my experience. I Had sex a week and a half ago on April 22nd. We didn't use protection and I am not on birth control. It was very in the moment and honestly we had been drinking so I wasn't sure on how sharp his judgement was on pulling out. I ended up taking plan B the following Tuesday night on the 25th so almost 72 hours later which was really cutting it close. I was nervous about it because I had to go to work and still had classes but I ended up feeling fine. I had absolutely no side effects and got my period right on time which was one week after taking the pill."

kinb May 4, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Emergency Contraception "I ended up reading all these reviews because just like most me and my boy slipped up and had unprotected sex and I took the pill 30 minutes after and I usually don't keep up with my periods because I'm not active so I was trying to remember if I had one this month and I usually start around the 26th of each month and it wasn't showing up. Here I am, nervous as crap because I was having symptoms such as lower back pain/lower stomach feeling (crampy feeling) and peeing clear but spotting brownish/red(old blood) and and this morning it's my period April 30th. I've never been so happy for my period ever."

sistaa (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Emergency Contraception "I had sex for the first time on April 10th. We didn't use protection, it was kinda in the moment so we didn't think about it. He didn't cum inside of me but he had cum before earlier in the night. I was terrifed that I might have gotten pregnant from the precum. Especially since I was supposed to be ovulating. I took a plan b 10 hours later. I got nausea, cramps, backaches, headaches, acne, the works. I thought I was pregnant but it was just the side effects. My period came a day late, I started today, April 26th."

Anonymous April 26, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Emergency Contraception "Me and my boyfriends first time. We used the pullout method, NOT A SMART IDEA. He was more than positive he didn't ejactulate but I was still very scared. We are only teenagers. I took plan b 16 hours after the "incident". I experienced tender breast and spotting about 3 days later. Exactly a week later I got cramps the second day was much worse but the period came! Very heavy, clots and cramps. A month later no period but two negative pregnancy tests. Be aware it can make next period late but take a test to be sure. DON'T STRESS, THE PILL WORKS. And use protection loves."

peacemaker137736995 April 26, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Emergency Contraception "I have taken this pill 2 times , once when I was 16, once when I was 18, both times I freaked out , first time I had all the side effects , second time I had no side effects. Both ended up fine !!"

Aveline1687 April 24, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Emergency Contraception "Back story, I was on the mirena for 5 years and got off of it in Early 2017 (my body has already been used to the hormone in the morning after pill) I had taken the morning after pill about 16 hours after unprotected sex with someone I didn't know. The last 2 weeks of my life have been horrible. I had no initial symptoms of the pill until about a week after taking it. i track my periods using EVE. And it was during my most fertile day that I had sex. Which made me panic 10 times more. I felt sick 24-7. I even threw up. My period came 2 days late. And I'm still on it. It's much lighter than I'm used to and the cramps are horrible. The moral of the story is. Don't panic. Listen to your body. Every thing will be fine. The pill did work."

Informal21 (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Emergency Contraception "I have used plan b and the generic version a few times before and it has worked wonderful. However, that's not always the case. I had had sex and taken the pill about 24 hours after the encounter. Then found out two weeks later I was expecting. I'm elated about my child but wanted to warn others it's not a for sure method and isn't always 99.9% effective."

Angie H. April 22, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Emergency Contraception "Like most of the reasons for sharing this post is so that most of you girls can relax. I took the pill after 48 hours of unprotected sex. Me and my boyfriend did the pull out method and he was sure he did not come in me however I was still worried about precum. Six days after being stressed out later and my period has just arrived. My only side effects was lower abdominal mild cramping. This is the second time plan b has worked for me so please try not to worry, take it ASAP and try to stay protected."

Santadn2 April 22, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Emergency Contraception "hey! I decided to write a review to put some peoples minds at ease. I had unprotected sex march 17th and I took plan b march 18th (20 hours later) to be exact. Six days after I experienced spotting for a couple of days my period was supposed to be here April 6th and it never came. I wasn't too worried at first until I was more than a week late so I took a pregnancy test and it was negative, today April 21 I finally got my period I know it can be nerve wrecking but be patient! hope this helped :)"

everything will be okay!!!! April 22, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Emergency Contraception "I know all of you are probably freaking out, crying, and suddenly looking into the future that the next 18 years might bring--- don't. I took the pill and didn't honestly need to, but my anxiety of course told me I needed to. April 1st I started my routine period which lasts about 5 days, I took the pill on the evening of April 12th. SIDE EFFECTS: This was the kicker for me. I experienced slight headaches the first few days, but then April 16-17th I started bleeding which freaked me out. It was brown/bright red spotting, and lasted 3-4 days. I had cramps and my lower back killed me (still and it's the 21st). I know I'm not pregnant, but I know my cycles will definitely be messed up. Will never take again."

ThisSucked (taken for less than 1 month) April 21, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Emergency Contraception "Me and my boyfriend did the deed on 3/10, the condom had broke. My period had just ended. We didn't realize until after when he was pulling out. We immediately began to panic. I took a quick rinse off shower (don't know if this is the best idea but oh well) after I rinsed off we went to the store and bought plan b. We went home right after and I took it. I was feeling really nervous about this whole thing. I began to read so many reviews. On 3/14 I began to bleed very heavily and had cramps that lasted for 6 days. I started having cramps, my breast hurt, and everything u can think. I was due 4/3. I took a test and it came back NEG. I was 12 days late before it finally came! It takes time but I promise everything will be okay in the end!"

Anonymous April 20, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Emergency Contraception "Girls, I PROMISE YOU THIS WORKS. I'm a teenager, I was freaking out like crazy & kept crying about the thought of being pregnant. I had sex the 24th of March, took it 30 mins afterwards. 5 days later I got my " period " it isn't your actual period, just blood shedding, it was brown & light . This is a normal side effect, then I got lower abdominal pain for about 2 days & cramping for a few days. I was supposed to get my period the 11th, got it the 17th (today) AS LONG AS YOU TAKE IT WITHIN 24 HRS. YOU ARE FINE LOVES!! Try not to stress!!! The waiting was extremely hard but in the end , you will be fine, I promise!!! P.S PLAN B ONE STEP MESSED UP YOUR CYCLE, Do NOT freak out if it's late! I got mine 5 days late!"

Jeffries1234 April 17, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Emergency Contraception "I'm writing this review to calm the minds of others who are in the same boat I was until today (the day I got my period). I have taken Plan B on 4 separate occasions in my life- split up over seven years. This last time was different for a few reasons: I was ovulating during intercourse, used the pull out method, and was over the supposed 175 lb "weight limit". Timeline: First day of last period- March 19. Day I had sex- March 29th. Day I took plan B- March 30th (14 hours later). The day I got my period- April 11th. I had cramping the entire 12 days after taking Plan B before getting my period, different from the last three times I'd taken it in my life. My advice: RELAX. Take it ASAP after sex. And get a Z Pack to protect against STDs as well."

PanickedMillenial (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2017