User Reviews for Plan B One-Step

Learn more about Plan B One-Step.

Emergency Contraception 499 reviews 14 medications

8.7
Summary of Plan B One-Step reviews 499 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Plan B One-Step

For Emergency Contraception "Taken 22 hours after our "experience." There was genital rubbing very close to my vaginal opening and I was scared of precum. I just finished my period, about 3 days prior (most fertile week) and I'm irregular. So I took the pill and about 6 days later I bled again, pretty heavy like a period for about 3 days. I had one sided cramps for weeks and had heavy white discharge which had me thinking I was pregnant. The internet does that to you, don't psych yourself out. I took 2 home pregnancy tests, one when my period was 3 days late, and the other 7 days late(both -) Finally I got my period, 9 days late, brown at first and regular the next day. Girls I was stressing myself out, and easier said than done, don't stress!! Good luck!"

Jess G January 16, 2017

For Emergency Contraception "I took the morning after pill because the day I was having sex was the day I was due for ovulation. Me and my boyfriend had sex however the condom slipped off so to be safe I decided to take the morning after pill roughly 3hrs later . About 3 hours after taking the pill I had clear discharge which I assume was ovulation discharge WHICH FREAKED ME OUT. After that however I didn't have any other symptoms till a week later . I had nausea , nipple stings/ boob pain & fatigue which was all caused from the pill I then got my period 2 days before my due date! So relived for everyone going through the anxiety just relax and listen to your body!"

Worry girl (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2017

For Emergency Contraception "I'm 18 yrs old, My boyfriend & I had protected sex but condom broke and i woke up next morning feeling sick so, i had him go buy me this pill. Needless to say, it worked and i'm not pregnant. However, the side effects are insane. I immediately had terrible back pain (never had that before), cramps that felt like period cramps, nausea, dizziness, headaches, and bloating. I had to miss a day of school due to the insane amount of side effects. Not to mention my period came a week after taking the pill when i wasn't supposed to get my period for 2 more weeks! That's frustrating because i just had my period last week and now i have it again, even heavier this time. BUT on a positive note, I'm not pregnant!!"

yayayayayay not preg January 15, 2017

For Emergency Contraception "We had sex with a condom while possibly ovulating and the condom broke and neither of us noticed. I pulled out right before cumming but we were afraid some got in and immediately went to get Plan B. She took the pill about a half hour after sex. Cramps about a week before her period was due and she got her period a couple days early. We were afraid it was implantation cramps and bleeding because of when the cramps started and the color and how light her period was when it started. The next day she woke up with a lot more blood and continued to bleed throughout the day."

Taapss January 14, 2017

For Emergency Contraception "I had unprotected sex January 1. 11 hours later took the pill. Jan 1-Jan4 (4 days I had nausea and felt hot but no fever) Jan4-Jan10 (I had bleeding) it was a light period. Jan 11-13 ( I had sore breasts, nausea, heartburn, fatigue, peeing constantly, my face broke out with three pimples and Im not even a teen anymore...And I hardly got pimples when I was a teen :( ) My period should be around January 22. So I still have to check for a pregnancy test. So far I feel pregnant. This heartburn and nausea is intense. And I can't bare to stay awake"

Hellogirl101 January 13, 2017

For Emergency Contraception "I'm young and inexperienced w/ sex so when we decided to not use a condom I thought it might be worth it since I knew about Plan B. Let me tell you guys, don't plan on Plan B instead of condoms or other forms of birth control. I thought it was a good option (and spoiler alert: it worked!!) but I really regret relying on it. I waited about 20 hours to take it & the next night I realized the day we had sex was my most fertile day (my ovulation day). Then I read a bunch of articles online about Plan B being ineffective if taken during ovulation & I had A LOT of pregnancy symptoms: bad cramps, tender breasts, bloating, dizziness. I got my period 5 days earlier than scheduled after freaking myself out and feeling like absolute crap. Never again."

getting on the pill asap (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2017

For Emergency Contraception "I posted last week after I took plan b, I promised I would write my experience if it worked and it did. Took the one called "take action" 26 hours after the "incident". Was absolutely terrified because I'm extremely fertile and it was on the day I normally ovulate, and I have never waited that long for the morning after pill so I was extra nervous about getting pregnant. My side effects were absolutely horrible and they are so similar to actually being pregnant it's insane. I was fine the first couple days, just makes my head feel weird and I get emotional, but days after I was super dizzy and nauseas. I started 2 days early and it's pretty bad, but better than being pregnant. Try to relax, pretty sure it works."

Nervous af (taken for less than 1 month) January 8, 2017

For Emergency Contraception "I told myself to write a review if the pill ended up succeeding - and it did! On the 29th I had protected sex with my boyfriend, only to come to find out that after he came and pulled out, the condom had broke and it was too late. It was two weeks after my most fertile day, so I had a low chance of getting pregnant, but I had a mental breakdown and we went to get the pill. I took it about 11 hours after the incident. After reading these reviews and some of the side effects it can have + the few that failed, I anxiously awaited side effects. The same day I was extremely drowsy. Over the next week, my boobs felt like punching bags, I had mild cramps & was nauseous but it was bearable. My period ended up being a few days late, but it's here!"

bepatient January 6, 2017

For Emergency Contraception "I got pregnant after taking Plan b. Lots of brown discharge throughout the whole pregnancy. Horrible morning sickness. Ended in a miscarriage at 6 weeks."

KJNB January 3, 2017

For Emergency Contraception "I had unprotected sex with my ex (first mistake) but he did not ejaculate in me on December 26. Planned parenthood wasn't open on that day, so I thought I could get Ella the next day, than I went in on the 27th but my prescription was out and I had to get take action plan b instead. So it was a little over 24 hours since I had the unprotected sex. Since than I feel super nauseas and my breasts hurt but not anything crazy, my period is due 1/8... I also have a white filmy discharge. I'm so beyond terrified that I'm pregnant I can't barely function. The day I had sex I was trying so hard to not let him have unprotected sex but he was not listening. I gave in but I am suffering the consequences with the stress. Am I ok????"

Nervous af (taken for less than 1 month) January 3, 2017

For Emergency Contraception "I had unprotected sex on December 10th which was my peak ovulation time. I took Plan B within 72 hours. No ejaculation inside of me hopefully. My period was supposed to come on December 24th and did not. I had the worst, worst side effects ever, nauseous, very tender breasts, light headed, headaches, tired, the week my period was supposed to come along with brown discharge for over 7 days but a light flow. One day I had a light flow of red blood about 4 days after expected period but then quickly disappeared. I have taken 6 pregnancy tests and all are negative. You may think I am crazy for that many tests, but my body has been so messed up like it's pregnant that I resorted to testing everyday."

Anonymous January 1, 2017

For Emergency Contraception "My boyfriend and I decided to have unprotected sex (stupid idea) we were in the moment you know. This happened around 1am in the morning he came inside me for the first time ever in my life. I took Norlevo 11 hours after this but I'm so terrified I might be pregnant. I've used it before and it worked wonders but thing is before he use to pull out or we used condoms and I've only had unprotected sex with him 3 times the third being last night 29/12/16. I'm so terrified as next year I'm starting law school and he's finishing his PhD in economics. We're both just not in a space for a child and if I could turn back time I would but I promise to write another review to let you know my results. "

KimmyKimz (taken for less than 1 month) December 30, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "I was switching from pill to patch, and our nurse practitioner wanted me to wait until my next period to start the patch. (Wrong Advice) My husband and I had been very careful using the pill and condoms because we had been to Jamaica for our honeymoon and was concerned about the Zika virus. However, as newlyweds, we were anxious to have unprotected. We decided to use plan B, knowing it's 95% effective rate if taken within 24 hrs. I had only recently stopped taking the pill, so I figured my fertility wouldn't return that fast but to be safe, we took plan B within 24 hours. The next morning my mother called and said she had a dream I was pregnant. She was right because now I am three months pregnant."

Pregnant Lady December 29, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "Took plan b on October 28th after the condom slipped. I took it 3 hour after the accident. I got a period 2 weeks later it started off light but then was normal and lasted the usual amount of days except I didn't have cramps like usual.. This was on November 12th and I have not had a period since.. I am so worried. I took a pregnancy test on November 28th and it was negative. I was expecting my period on 12th of December but it never came.. I started getting cramps that day like it would come and I have been getting them ever since but nothing.. I'm terrified. I am in no way ready to have a baby. Is this normal?? I don't really know if it worked for me.. I thought it did but my period this month never showed so now I'm not sure."

cartermayyyyyy December 28, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "It worked... I was scared out of my mind and kept looking for reviews that would give me hope, and it worked. My period came a little bit heavier but I have never been so happy for the cramps. Took it within 3 hours of unprotected sex."

Anonymous December 25, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex around 11:30 p.m. on 12/3, and I was due to ovulate on 12/5. He claimed that he completely pulled out before he ejaculated, but I wasn't completely convinced. The next day, around 7:30 p.m. (20 hours after the act) I took a Plan B One-Step. Since I was so early in my cycle, I knew I would have to wait a while to see if it worked. I did not experience any symptoms until about a week later, when I started having sore boobs, headaches, and light brown spotting that lasted a couple days. I was due for my period on 12/21 and it came a day early on 12/20. For everyone out there worrying: STOP! If you took it within the suggested time frame, it WILL work!! Relax and let the pill do its job :)"

not pregant!!! (taken for less than 1 month) December 22, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "THIS STUFF WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Had sex with my boyfriend on the day I was meant to be ovulating and then condom came off and we didn't realize. He came inside me and we freaked out and went straight to the chemist! I took it within an hour of the incident. I had to wait 2 weeks for my period to come and it was the longest wait of my life! I'm above the apparent "weight limit" and it still worked. I was also taking antibiotics at the time and it still worked fine. Just remember to take it as soon as possible!!! Please to any girls who are reading this stay calm. I was a nervous wreck, I couldn't sleep or eat for 2 weeks but it was all for nothing!"

Thank you M.A.P!!!!!!! December 22, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "Two weeks ago I had sex and my bf came (with condom on) but when he pulled away, (in the middle of it) there was no condom- it came off. We were afraid because half of his semen did release in me and (plot twist) It was during ovulation and me being fertile as hell! I took plan be literally 3 hours later and was worried I was going to be sick as a dog from it but I had no side effects, just a slight migraine. I was worried it didn't work because I didn't get much side effects? I also read somewhere plan b doesn't work if your already ovulating so I was convinced I was preg. Then my period started on time! It worked! Never been so happy to see blood and feel cramps lol"

Rainald December 18, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "This works. Let me cut to the chase: I am normally VERY careful when it comes to protection, but accidents happen. My guy and I had sex once with a condom, no ejaculation. Then we went for round two without a condom. This time, there was ejaculation, although he did not get any inside me. I know that pre-cum is something that can potentially carry sperm so, to be on the safe side, I took Plan B One Step about 2.5 hours after. Long story short, I could have been ovulating (very regular 28/29 day cycles) and, it's worth a mention, I am WELL over that supposed "175 lb" weight limit for plan B to work. All preg tests on days 24, 25, and 26 of my cycle are negative and today I got my heavy, heavy, painful period. No baby here."

NotAMamaSoNoDrama (taken for less than 1 month) December 16, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "I'll have to say it worked cuz it did , my partner and I had intercourse but the condom broke , I pulled out anyway to be sure , thats how I knew it broke , we went 45 mins later to get plan B , and she had light spotting 2 days later , then nothing and about 2 weeks later her period came before the expected date with all the cramps and stuff"

NervousTeen December 12, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "Lost my virginity on the 28 of November at 6:30pm and didn't use protection (stupid I know) He said he didn't cum but I was worried of pre cum. Took the pill on the 29 8:30pm (about 26 hrs after sex) and I didn't have any side effects just a little tired. My last period started on Nov.9 and after 11 long dreadful days my period came on Dec.9. Happiest day of my life. Learned my lesson for sure."

Pajos December 12, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "Okay ladies if you're reading this I'm guessing you had an accident of some sort while you were having sex or you made a mistake having unprotected sex like I did. Here'/ my experience. My boyfriend and I decided to have sex for the first time, and I thought he was wearing a condom but he told me he took it off before he did it. He did not tell me this until after we had sex. I also stupidly did this on my most fertile day (DOUBLE BAD IDEA) I panicked and made him go to Walmart after he was done at the gym to buy Plan B even though he claimed he pulled out in time. I took the pill 2 hours after the event. I had nausea, headaches, mood swings, and cramps. I got my period today after a week of taking the pill. The pill does work! Be patient!"

Not a college failure (taken for less than 1 month) December 11, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "So I took plan b one step after the condom broke which was November 21 I took it 1 hour after and I was hoping and hoping it would work because it was one of my fertile days before ovulation. After I took it I looked at the reviews about it on here and I was feeling more calm about knowing it worked on people. So all I could really do is wait till my period came. I was so devastated the pill didn't work because 3 days later I felt like I was ovulating since I got a lot of discharge. But I had to wait since my period was to come December 8. I had no symptoms at all except a lot of discharge. After 2 weeks my period came 1 day early on December 7. So I was relieved that Plan b one step WORKS! Don't stress a lot it works just be patient "

Jaymendozaaa December 9, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "I promised I would write a review if it worked and it did!! My boyfriend and I had sex and the condom slipped off and neither of us realized until after, so he came completely inside me. I took the pill an hour and a half later. I was on no birth control (dumb I know) and I was in the middle of my cycle so odds are I was ovulating. About a week later I had my period, it came a week early. We are both freshman in college and are no where near ready for a baby so I am beyond thankful for plan b. I've never been so stressed and scared in my life, but it worked so relax!!"

Brne December 8, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "A friend of mine took plan B a day after the accident and she is now 8 months pregnant. Plan B is not as effective as people think. Use other forms of contraception or YOU WILL GET PREGNANT!!! If you don't want a baby, be smart."

Sam12345678 December 5, 2016