User Reviews for Plan B One-Step

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Plan B One-Step.

Emergency Contraception
8.7

Summary of Plan B One-Step reviews 8.7 635 reviews

Reviews for Plan B One-Step

For Emergency Contraception "So my last period was Jan 18-23rd , I messed up on February 2nd so quickly took plan b like 15 mins later . I realized that I had like 3 weeks to my next period I was just like you looking up pregnancy symptoms vs plan b symptoms, how effective it is , reading reviews but it honestly brings MORE stress I promise ! The only side effect I had was tender breasts on the second week . The first week I was a mess , crying etc because I'm not ready to be a Mum but my period came today Feb 17th right on time ! I couldn't be more happy ! Thank you ! Best wishes for you guys ! It works."

ana:/) February 17, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "I have taken other brands of emergency contraceptive (EC), which all contain the same amount Levonorgestrel. Given that fact, you'd think the results and side-effects would be the same, but they are NOT. I experienced less side effects from Plan B than I did with the cheaper EC brands, such as the Walgreens brand (severe irritation, cramps) and Aftera (bad reviews from most with complaints of leg cramps). The sooner you take, the more effective it is, so don't wait. It's possible your insurance covers it, but we didn't try that since it was after hours. Why do they result in different side effects? Well, maybe the Levonorgestrel differs in purity, quality or it comes from a different source. Because it's synthetic, it could be molecularly different, but still be the same medicine."

Gemini3813 January 30, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "I forgot to take my birth control for a couple days, the condom broke and my boyfriend finished in me. I took the pill 10 hours later, and had to wait 4 weeks to get my period. I had both white and brown discharge at times which freaked me out cuz I read online that it meant pregnancy. Got my period today, couldn't be happier! Stop googling things and worrying, the pill works. I know a million girls who have taken it, and it has worked for every single one every single time. Trust me-- you are FINE. It wouldn't be FDA approved if it didn't work like they say it does!!!!"

Anonymous January 26, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "IT WORKS!! To those of you who are worried sick, don’t worry!!! Plan b is meant to work. Tip: TAKE THE PILL AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, plz! Best if within 12 hrs. (Another option: look into iud as emergency contraceptive :D) I took the pill this month (January) on the 11th!! And I just got my period. One week early!!! The first time I took the pill, I didn’t feel any of the side effects, just fatigue. Second time, I felt naseuous and had a few headaches. My breast hurt a bit. But then 5 days after taking the second pill, I got my period!! My period is usually heavy but this time it’s light. But neverthelsss I am happy! I HOPE ALL OF YOU SUCCESS WITH PLAN B. It will work. Stay positive!"

Annercd January 24, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "I took it hours after an accident and I’m now pregnant a week after the accident. Thanks plan b."

Mom of soon to be 4. (taken for less than 1 month) January 24, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Here’s my story about using plan b I lost my virginity to my boyfriend last Monday so the condom had slipped off, trust me I was freaking out so the next morning I went to pick up the pill and took it with some water at first I wasn’t feeling any side effects until Sunday I started spotting the same day, had few cramps then Monday I started to have a heavy flow hopefully it’s my period I through it was implantation bleeding but I had clots in my blood so it’s my period. This pill works you may have back pain, I had back pain but it’s different for other women. Stress can cause a delay in your period let the pill do it’s job and please stay off google because trust me I freaked myself out"

J hope January 23, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Me and my bf had sex Dec 20th and he came inside of me . I took a pill 3 hours later and my expected period was January 9. I had light spotting a couple weeks after it happened. It is now the Jan 22 and my period is still not here, I also took 2 test , they came back negative. Don’t know what to think"

Ononymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 23, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Anybody here freaking out I can absolutely put your mind at ease. My ex boyfriend used to be a little pushy about unprotected sex once and a while and always got the pill for me afterwards. I have taken this product probably about 5 times and every time it works. It has some side effects like light bleeding, cramping, and may delay your actual period but don't stress!! It works."

Tsuki Ryu (taken for less than 1 month) January 17, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "I took the plan b one step 9 hours after unprotected sex and still got pregnant. We only had unprotected sex once and we got the pill as a precaution. I now have a beautiful 4 year old."

Amb21 (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "THE PILL DOES WORK!!!!!! I had unprotected sex on the 17th of December, less than 45 mins after I took the pill. I was stressed out, I was praying & on the 29th my period came. 2 weeks early!!!! So try not to stress out and trust the pill. It does throw off your cycle, and your hormones and the side effects last a little longer. But it’s honestly worth it."

NikkiRo January 1, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "This medicine WORKS. I was super stressed out and didn’t know if my period will come or not and it came on time. Trust the medicine. And don’t stress about it"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 26, 2017

For Emergency Contraception "Okay, so I know you’re stressed right now and that’s normal. I’m here to tell you that it does indeed work. I had unprotected sex with a friend and he came inside of me. I took the pill 10 hours later and my period came a week earlier than usual. So don’t stress about it. Just let it work on it’s own."

Anonymous December 26, 2017

For Emergency Contraception "My ex and I used to be together for 5 years and never used a condom. 5 months after our breakup we decided to have sex on, Dec 19. This time he did not pull out in time. Took the pill within 72 hours and never spoke to him again."

Hopeless Romantic December 24, 2017

For Emergency Contraception "So Oct 31 there was an incident but not crazy one I was still nervous about precum even if he was literally in there for a few seconds I remembered I missed some bc pills a few days before but I’ve always doubled up like you’re supposed to. Being the first time in that situation (lol Virgin probs) I did not know if the pills worked like they were supposed to I was freaking out so 11 hours later I went to buy plan b and took it. I am 19 so being in that situation I do not want kids so this pill ruined my body for a month the side effects last way longer than stated lol when I took it I was fine but I got super sleepy but I got my period when I was supposed to it was heavier took 3 tests all negative and my next period was normal too so it worked"

I’mtakingmybcpillseverydaynow December 23, 2017

For Emergency Contraception "So this is going to be a TMI ,I had sex last week on a Monday it’s was at night and long story short the condom completely broke I’m saying it just went straight through, we didn’t notice until after and by then he had finished ,and my periods are very abnormal, so I get them every other month and I’m only 20 I’m not ready for kids and this has never happened to me. I’m always using protection - always - that’s a must! But basically we rushed and got a plan b I’m saying within that first 15 min I had already taken the pill, of course me being me I’m on google getting nervous and worried because I was scared, but I got my period Dec.16 and this happened the week before on a Monday it works just try not to stress let the pill take its course ok , ❤️"

Free_sanat December 17, 2017

For Emergency Contraception "I took plan b 20 minutes after the condom broke but it didn't work for me , I now have a 2 year old. Dec 8 2017 I took plan b again, a week later I have I think what is called a light period, my period comes on the 18th so the light brown blood happened a few days early from my period. Not sure if that was my period or the withdrawal from the increase in hormones. I guess I have to keep on waiting and see if I have a normal period."

Olive99 December 16, 2017

For Emergency Contraception "I finished my period on Oct. 30 and I had protected sex on Nov.4 but the condom broke so I took plan b pill an hour later. On Nov.9, A week after taking plan b, I had bleeding for 3 days. My period was suppose to come Nov.26 and it never came, I was so worried and started looking for answers on google (worst thing to do). I was having a lot of white/transparent discharges and I would experienced some cramps here and there which would make me think I would have my period. I finally had my period Dec.9 a month after taking plan b."

Noraaa December 10, 2017

For Emergency Contraception "I took this pill 12 hours after sex which was during my ovulation window, this pill did not work for me I am pregnant"

Anonymous December 1, 2017

For Emergency Contraception "Two weeks ago my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex and didn’t pull out in time, our first thoughts were to run to the store and buy the pill. About an hour after sex, I took the pill. I didn’t really have any side effects, besides some headaches but that was it. We were so worried- and if you’re worried too, don’t be! Plan B works! I just got my period today- three days early!! The pill works and I will definitely use it again if another incident happens!"

leahlove123456 November 29, 2017

For Emergency Contraception "short story, "the mistake" was Oct 24, 3 days after my period ends, took plan b same day 3 hours after "the mistake", side effects no too much, only a few cramps or like ovulating pain, after 5 days of taking plan b start spotting and later a heavy bleeding for 4 days. My next period suppose to come Nov 16-17, NOTHING... I start freaking out! Nov 18 start feeling like a little cramps but still nothing...the whole week I was crying and freaking out, praying to get my period, all week with cramps but still no signal of my period, internet freak me out more!!! My mind was playing me games feeling things like I was pregnant. I prayed so much! finally today Nov 24 one month later that I took plan b, I just get my period! Thank God! The pill work"

deadinside (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 24, 2017

For Emergency Contraception "We only realised condom broke after we finished. It was day 13 of my 30 days cycle. I took Norlevo 3 hours theafter. Felt dizzy, sick and extremely tired that day. In one week pinkish-brownish spotting started which lasted 3 weeks. It stopped eventually for another month or so. Then my normal period finally started. The pill works but it takes some time for the body to get through it. I had most of side effects: bloating, mood swings, tummy cramps, I even put on weight! But not pregnant so can't complain. Take care!"

LuckyKire November 20, 2017

For Emergency Contraception "My boyfriend and I were having protected sex yesterday around 6:00pm, but after he pulled out we realized the condom broke. We are only 18 and he doesn't drive so his mom picked up the pill for me. I took it around 8:00 pm but I'm really scared it isn't going to work. I don't know what to do and we are both freaking out."

Amandap0327 November 7, 2017

For Emergency Contraception " It worked! Despite the condom coming off while he was ejaculating during my ovulation window I am not pregnant. Plan b does work but it made my period 3 days late, so if you are late try not to worry."

Anonymous October 31, 2017

For Emergency Contraception "I'm scared...I'm 34 started period on third of October had sex on October 20.. It was protected and he did pull out before ejaculate. I took plan b within 72 hours. It is now the 26 and I have faint pink on toilet paper."

januaryleigh123 October 27, 2017

For Emergency Contraception "I told myself I would post in here once I got my period and I did! On Oct. 13th I had sex at around 3am and the condom kept slipping off. I’m not currently on the pill and had gotten off of my period on the 10th. I also come from a family that gets pregnant VERY easily so I was scared. I took Plan B around 11am and drank water and ate a granola bar after. I didn’t experience any of the typical side effects after taking Plan B. I experience ovulation pain so I know when I’m ovulating. I was set to ovulate on the 16th and felt a few cramps throughout the day and the day following which scared me. On the 19th I began to notice some spotting which eventually lead to my period on the 20th, 2 weeks early. Don’t freak yourself out, Plan B works!"

liz249 (taken for less than 1 month) October 20, 2017