User Reviews for Plan B One-Step

Learn more about Plan B One-Step.

Emergency Contraception 528 reviews 16 medications

8.7
Summary of Plan B One-Step reviews 528 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Plan B One-Step

For Emergency Contraception "I had sex with a condom, he took it off in between, and then put on another one. Ultimately, he came into the condom, but I was worried about precum. I think it was also the time I was ovulating. I took plan b one step 26 hours after and I'm 160 lbs. I got my period around two weeks later and have an irregular cycle. It was spotting for for like 5 hours that morning/afternoon and then I got my period normally that night. It lasted about 6 days, as usual. The only symptoms I felt were nausea for one day a few days after I took the pill, bloating, and really bad acne. My face has breakouts all over it and it's been almost 2 months. I just got my second period since the pill now that it is March, so it surely worked. bad acne though."

itookit (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Emergency Contraception "I got pregnant after taking a plan b . I had an accident 12/05 took the plan b 12/06 and conceived. I guess I was that unlucky 5% or it was really meant to be ."

Shells07 March 22, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Emergency Contraception "It worked! Had brief unprotected sex then used condom for the rest of it, but I took a plan b about 1-2 hours later just to be careful cause of Pre cum. Most likely after ovulation. Started freaking out and reading reviews positive I was pregnant because I overreact like that. I had slight nausea and diarrhea a couple days after but very little side effects. Period came right on time. I'm not gonna tell you not to worry because I did that no matter how many reviews I read, but use this feeling to make sure you don't make this mistake again! Good luck"

Fdtyhj (taken for less than 1 month) March 20, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Emergency Contraception "It works. I promised I'd write a review because I was freaking out looking for information just like you probably are. I took it about 10 hours after the incident. I was at the beginning of my cycle. My period was about 3 days late, and then the next month it was early - about 10 days after the period after plan b. It took a few months for it to get back to normal. Both periods were like normal periods. Try not to freak out but I know that's easier said than done."

Anonymous March 15, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Emergency Contraception "It works. I took it 30 min after I had unprotected sex and I didn't get any side effects and I got my period on time."

Anonymous March 13, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Emergency Contraception "This only gets 5 stars because I'm not pregnant. However, it is such a strong pill! It is my first time taking it and I will never take it again. I've never been so depressed in my life! I don't have an appetite and I have the worst migraines. I never take medication I usually stick to natural remedies so maybe that's why my body is taking it so bad."

miriamfromtheblock March 13, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Emergency Contraception "IT WORKS. There's not enough space in the review for my whole experience so I'll give you some bullet points. First time having sex. Had unprotected sex (no condom, no birth control). Took Plan B about 4-5 hours after sex. May have been ovulating (but my cycle is always irregular). 291 pounds. All reviews said that being overweight and ovulating makes it ineffective. NO SIDE EFFECTS AT ALL! Well my period just showed up today! That's 2 days after I thought it would. Ladies, please use protection. If he doesn't want to use protection, get the hell out of there. Needless to say, I have my birth control and will be getting it injected tomorrow."

Joralyn March 12, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Emergency Contraception "I had sex the day before I was due to ovulate. Just my luck, the condom broke and he came inside me. I took Plan B about an hour after the incident. The only side effects I experienced were light nausea and cramping. I was convinced it didn't work since I was so fertile at the time. I spent two weeks reading reviews like these and over-analyzing every little change in my body! A week and a half after I took the pill, I started experience brown discharge and was worried that it was implantation bleeding. Thankfully today, three days later, AF arrived right on time!!! I would say this pill is effective, but the paranoia that comes with waiting around for your next period is enough to drive you insane."

Not preggo! March 10, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Emergency Contraception "Had sexual intercourse the 25, NO birth control, NO Protection at all, and he Came in me completely! Took plan B! This happened DURING /AFTER ovulating(more scary)! I was so scared !!! I took plan b the next morning, 12 hours later. For More than a week I had mild cramping, Milky-white discharge, nausea, it was so scared I'll be pregnant! I was expecting my period to come at the beginning of the month first week of March or so , my cycle is not regular, but my period came !! 9 days after taking plan b, as I expected . If you see white discharge don't freak out yet, I had it for almost 9 days. !! It WORKS !"

ThinkPosive ! (taken for less than 1 month) March 9, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Emergency Contraception "I took Plan B after a condom failure -- 10 days after my last period had started. I took the pill 5 hours after sex. I didn't have any immediate symptoms. After a few days my breasts became sore and I had some cramping. The cramping felt a lot like my ovulation pain and I started discharging egg-white-like cervical fluid. I was unsure if the fluid was due to the hormones in the pill, or if I had ovulated before taking the pill or despite taking the pill, so I was a little concerned, but tried to remain confident that I had taken the pill in time to stop ovulation. My breasts remained sore until got my period, on time, a little over 2 weeks later."

Ylime March 1, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Emergency Contraception "So my boyfriend and me had sex around 12:30am, he didn't have a condom & he asked me if I was ovulating/fertile & my dumb ass said no so he ended up finish inside of me for the first time ever. I went to the bathroom right away & checked my period tracker app and it was the day I was ovulating I FREAKED OUT I was so scared, I'm not in any kind of birth control!! So the next morning 8 hours after, we went to Walgreens & he bought me the Plan B pill. The next 2 weeks I had symptoms nausea, headaches and cramping on my left lower abdomen & sore breast I was terrified and kept thinking it was pregnancy symptoms! Anyways it was the longest two weeks of my life and ended up getting my period the day I was suppose to :) don't freak out it works !"

The pill works not pregggo yay February 27, 2017

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Emergency Contraception "I would never take this again. I haven't had a normal period since. I'm always SUPER heavy when I bleed and now my period is like really light pink and watery it's been like this for four cycles now! I never got told this was a side effect and that everything would go back to normal after my first proper period."

P1ssed (taken for less than 1 month) February 25, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Emergency Contraception "Me and my boyfriend we didn't intentionally have unprotected sex but the condom broke and neither of us knew until the deed was done. And we both weren't mentally ready to become parents. I took this less than 30 minutes . And few weeks later I got my period a little late. But better late than never. Don't overthink trust me it works!"

Sleepybeauty11 February 24, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Emergency Contraception "Used this twice. First time condom broke second time condom came off. I freaked out both times because I was scared for sure that I'd be pregnant. I'm pretty young so I couldn't drive anywhere so I had to walk to a health clinic to purchase it. Very little side effects other than getting an irregular period both times. This product sure did save my life and definitely works so don't be afraid!"

Lizzie Johnson February 24, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Emergency Contraception "I have used plan B so many times (which isn't good) but my doctor stopped prescribing me birth control due to a blood clot. BUT ANYWAYS I've had unprotected sex with my SO a few days ago and I took the pill a few hours later . Immediately I got cramps and I never usually experience the symptoms ! I know I have nothing to worry about because plan B always had my back lol the most important thing is to never stress about anything plan B works!!!"

Anonymous February 23, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Emergency Contraception "I can't stop eating. This pill caused some pretty annoying side affects. Cramps, bloating, agitations, fatigue, the worst mood swings the first week after taking it, and bleeding dark blood. I'm wondering if my whole menstrual cycle started over. I'll have to see on the 27th. I can honestly say I hope these hormones get out of my system fast before I gain more weight from these uncontrollable food binges. I look different. I guess it's better than an unplanned pregnancy right? Still, I wonder how long this pill and it's tracks will be in my body. I liked my hormonal balance before the pill. Does anyone know?"

Hungry girl February 22, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Emergency Contraception "My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex a day before ovulation. Needless to say that he didn't pull out in time. We're both young and he's getting deployed for the next 8 months so we are in no position to have a baby. I took plan b about an hour after we had sex and was totally freaked out and kept wondering if plan b worked or not. I googled all types of stuff and after reading reviews here, I promised myself if I got my period I'd write a review! Plan b works, don't stress ladies!"

Anonymous February 22, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Emergency Contraception "I have debated writing a review or my experience but after much thought I decided that women need to know about when it doesn't work as well as when it does work. My husband and I are married with two beautiful children and just 6 months after my 2nd child was born my hubby and I had unprotected sex, in the heat of the moment. The next morning I took plan b and we went on with our lives. Due to me breastfeeding still and not yet getting a period, I didn't think anything about not having a period. It was 6 weeks later and I was pregnant. I learned that if you are ovulating or have ovulated, plan b does not work! Be careful ladies!"

Anonymous February 20, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Emergency Contraception "This product worked for me so I decided to write a review. Took it after me and my boyfriend went unprotected and he came as he pulled out. There was some cum on the outside of my vagina but we both played it safe and bout plan b. I took it 30 mins after the accident . My last period started on January 12 and ended January 16th so I wasn't ovulating. About a week after taking the pill I bled brownish red for about 4-5 days. Didn't experience any other symptoms besides tender breasts.I was supposed to get my next period on February 12 but just got it today , February 15. About 3 days late! Please don't stress. As long as you take the pill asap and when you're not ovulating you should be totally fine."

Kassandra jeniva February 16, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Emergency Contraception "My Boyfriend and I had unprotected sex on February 3 I took the pill the next day ( 14 hours in between unprotected sex) he said that he didn't cum but I didn't want to become pregnant due to precum or maybe he said that because he didn't want to scare me. I got most of the side effects : nausea, cramping, headaches and fatigue . I was suppose to get my period February 10 so I waiting feeling the side effects all through out that week I got my period 3 days late and Yes Plan B can make your period late but if you don't have spotting or your period within 3 weeks its recommended to take a test. Don't over stress yourself it does work... just remember to use a condom next time or check the expiring date on the condom."

Anonymous February 15, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Emergency Contraception "I got extremely drunk that night and had sex. Woke up the next day not remembering absolutely Anything . The guy told me that he cum on me a little and for me to drink the pill. I freaked out. Super paranoid .. I took the pill 29 hours later .. I really thought I was pregnant. Wasn't sleeping at all thinking about the situation .. was reading all these reviews ... got cramps. Just 5 days later after taking the pill I GOT MY PERIOD!! it came WAY EARLIER! Believe me the pill works! Don't freak out ladies! & stay protected."

Anonymous February 14, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Emergency Contraception "The condom leaked so half an hour later I took plan b one step and I was FREAKING out. This is the scariest feeling ever I couldn't stop thinking about it and looking up reviews/ signs of pregnancy. I came upon this website and promised myself if I got my period I would leave a review! A week after I took the pill I experienced spotting for five days (very light but heavy one day and I couldn't tell if this was my period or due to the plan b) and then three weeks after the spotting my boobs hurt so bad and I was so moody and had the worst cramps! Four weeks after the spotting I got my period(super heavy) PLAN B WORKS EVERYONE STOP WORRYING AND STOP LOOKING THINGS UP ONLINE IT WILL JUST SCARE YOU!!!!! Believe me I promise you it will work!"

Anonymous February 13, 2017

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Emergency Contraception "I promised I would write a review if it worked to ease the minds of those going through what I did. I had unprotected sex on the seventh day of my cycle, January 15 (2 days after my period ended, 2 days before I was supposed to be fertile, and a week before my predicted ovulation day). He claimed to have pulled out in time but I was paranoid so I took the pill 34 hours later. Four days later I had already experienced being bloated, having headaches, and feeling nauseated, not finishing my favorite foods. A week after I began spotting enough to fill half a panty liner, this lasted three days. The 25, I had been nauseous and vomited twice. My breast were also very tender for about three days. I became extremely emotional five days before my period due date, I would not stop crying and I was crying for no reason. I became really dizzy when I would stand up after being in bed for a few minutes. These may sound bad, but it was nothing I couldn't handle. Especially since I got my period the day it was due."

Anon01234 February 6, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Emergency Contraception "We had unprotected sex and he STRAIGHT UP ejaculated in me between 12/16 and 12/17 at midnight. No condom. This was ONE DAY BEFORE OVULATION, so I was very fertile and I wasn't even sure if I had ovulated or not. He didn't tell me until an hour later so I FREAKED out and drove to my nearest 24-hour pharm and took Plan B within two hours. I didn't have any side effects besides a 5lb weight gain, so I was scared it didn't work. I spent two long weeks worrying.. the only thing that gave me solace was reading reviews. But on 2/2, my period came just on time! Not sure if it was the pill as my chances of pregnancy would still be 30% without it, but I'm leaving this for you ladies hoping it'll give you some sanity"

SoRelieved (taken for less than 1 month) February 3, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Emergency Contraception "Ok I'm here to ease all of your minds! I had stupid drunk sex at 2 am the day of my ovulation, and took plan b 10 hours after. The condom may have broke, so I wanted to be careful (I am not on birth control) I freaked out for the first week because I had read all these reviews where plan b isn't useful if you take it on the day of your ovulation and was so afraid I'd be pregnant...throughout the two weeks I experienced like NO symptoms. The first day of taking it I was barely bloated. About a week and a half after, my boobs started to hurt and this morning I had bad back cramps but Anyway I am NOT PREGNANT! just please breathe, this pill works!"

crampylol (taken for less than 1 month) February 3, 2017