User Reviews for Plan B One-Step

Learn more about Plan B One-Step.

Emergency Contraception 584 reviews 19 medications

8.7
Summary of Plan B One-Step reviews 584 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Plan B One-Step

For Emergency Contraception "Okay ! So I decided I should come here and write my review about the Plan-B pill just to ease some mind "

Kiriaa (taken for less than 1 month) July 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I had sex with my boyfriend maybe a week after my period ended. He didn't ejaculate in me, but The condom broke. I'm 18 and he's 17 and neither one of us drives. Meaning, We had no way to get the pill the first day we had sex, so I ended taking the pill 2 days later. I was scared that it wasn't going to work since I had taken it so late, but I was wrong. Since I had a long time til my next period, that made it even worse. I was having slight stomach cramps, dizziness, nausea , and one day I slept all day and was still tired when I woke up. By this time I was almost positive I was pregnant, but I came on my period a week early it started out with light bleeding like implantation bleeding But then gradually got heavier. Praise the lord."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "So me and my bf had sex on June 24th, we decided to go raw for a little bit just to see how it felt (stupid, I know). A couple days later I checked my period tracker app on my phone and it said I ovulated the night we had sex and even though he didn't cum in me when we did it raw, precum has sperm in it! I ran to the drug store in a panic and took Plan B (about 42 hours after). The day I took it I had a slight headache, other than that, no side effects. I was worried the pill didn't work I stayed up all night reading reviews from other women and worried myself to death. Yesterday I got my period 2 days before I was supposed to. The pill works don't overthink it!"

NOTAMOMMY July 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "Hi there! I decided to hop on the bandwagon and write a review if I got my period. Thankfully, here I am, writing this review. I am 18 years old. My boyfriend and I waited 3 years of our relationship to have sex in case a contraceptive fail happened. After having been together for a full 3 years, we had sex! We have been having occasional sex for a while after that and it has been going fine. However, last time, one of our biggest fears came true. The condom broke. At 18 years old, the last thing I want to be is a mom. Him and I have a whole bright future ahead of us. He has gotten many scholarships and has been accepted into a nice college. Luckily, we are fine but let this be a lesson. You have your whole life ahead of you!"

Too Young (taken for less than 1 month) July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I took this pill about 5 hours after sex. It was easy to purchase over the counter. I was very nervous to take it after reading about side effects. The day if I had almost no side effects. A few days later I started developing very sore breasts and feeling a bit nauseated. Very mild nausea but noticeable. I bled about a week before my expected period. Then again for a few days when I expected my period. Then about a week later I started bleeding again very heavily and it lasted over a week. When the last "period" started my nipple soreness stopped, but nausea, cramping, and abdominal pain all increased. It's finally getting better. It worked - not pregnant, but definitely messed up my hormones and my cycle a lot."

C1b2a3r4 July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "Plan b one step does not work. It's just for people like you to spend money on and it's a waste. It's a rubbish drug."

Nonefor you (taken for less than 1 month) July 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception " My bf and I had a condom break and I panicked because I've NEVER had something like that happen before and on top of that I was supposed to ovulate the same day well I took plan b that same day within 12 hours and I today I finally got my period almost a week early!! My advice is to try not to panic plan b does what it's supposed to and just relax and your body will take care of the rest. My only concern is if my periods will be back on track since taking it. But that's it."

cautiousmouse (taken for less than 1 month) June 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I had unprotected sex on May 29th. The pull out method was not used (alcohol was involved). I took the day after pill about 4-5 hours after sex. I am 5'5" and 168 lbs. Found out the pill did not work and I am in fact pregnant. Took 3 pregnancy tests on June 19th... all positive. I am not sure if it was my weight or possible alcohol involved on why the pill did not work?"

Bnic789098 June 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "Just wanted to share my experience since reading the positive reviews were the only thing to keep me sane and this worked for me. I was on no kind of birth control, condom broke and he came inside of me. I took plan b about 8 hours after. I did have some of the side effects but also think the severe anxiety had something to do with it. My period was also almost a week late. I know how hard the waiting game is but hang in there and wishing everyone the best!"

Anonymous June 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I had sex May 4, 2017, used a condom but it broke. 12 hours later (the next morning May 5) I took Plan B. I expected my period to come on time since I took the pill within the specified window. I scheduled a Dr's appointment to be put on birth control but instead on May 15, 2017, I got a positive pregnancy test back. Plan B was not effective at all for me. I checked the ovulation calendar and apparently I was ovulating at the time I had sex. It's safe to say there's a slight to no chance of this pill working, if taken within two weeks of your next period. I don't plan to use this contraception method ever in the future. I'm currently on BC, FINALLY, but celibacy is safer these days."

MedSchool (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I promised I would share my experience this time around. I am 5'8 and 230lbs. (over the "weight limit"). I have taken plan b MANY TIMES & it hasn't failed. I had unprotected sex on Sunday, 6/12 around 1 am. Of course, he came inside of me... I WAS FREAKING OUT. Be mindful, these dates are post-ovulation (I psyched myself out a lot because I read many times that it was virtually "useless" if you had already ovulated). I took plan b within 12 hours, I was not ovulating... so I was feeling alright about it. I knew my period should be arriving Friday, 6/16, but the days in the way of the expected date were tearing me apart. I started 6/15 (27th cycle day). It works. Don't over search. And BE SAFE! Not worth the stress and worry!"

Risky_business June 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "On June 9th I had sex with my boyfriend (protected with condom) when he cums he usually pulls out-.- this time he just left it in me -.- so he pulls out and he noticed the freaking condom popped "

Anonymouss1 June 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "So me and my GF had sex and the condom ended up breaking. So 20 hours later I bought her a Plan B. I suggest eating a good big meal while taking it. She didn't really have any symptoms after she took it except her stomach started hurting. Her period wasn't due for another 2 weeks. It ended up coming a week early. Brown/dark red blood for a few days then cherry red blood. Just be prepared and responsible. Take care of your girl while she's on it make her feel loved and important. Understand and really listen to how she feels. Just pray and everything will be alright thank you God!!"

3737Blake Jake June 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "Me and my boyfriend had unprotected 5/26 (seriously don't do it ladies, I knew better but got too into it) he spilled some on my "area" but swore he cleaned it up, need less to say I didn't believe him, so he gave me money for Plan B. I took it about 45 min to 1 hour after the incident (still 1 am on the 26th), the same morning I was nauseous and had cramps but literally nothing for two weeks happened, no spotting, NOTHING. I assumed the worst that I was pregnant because my discharge was thick and white the entire two weeks, also my boobs were killing me. Then randomly 6/7 I got cramps like my normal period and now here it is 6/11 my period is here a whole week early. Weight doesn't effect you! I weigh 190 and I'm 5"6 :)"

KDHL June 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I had unprotected sex a day after my period tracking calendar said I ovulated. My partner used the pull out method and said he did not ejaculate in me but I am a very worrisome person. I took the plan b one step almost 48 hours after. I weigh 206 pounds and am 5'6, if this helps. Well a week after I was having dizzy spells, some nausea, hot flashes, constipation, sore boobs and was very tired. I ended up getting my period a day before I expected it so I would say that the pill worked for me in this instant. Don't freak out and do not spend your money on pregnancy tests before you are actually late for it. Stress can cause your period to be late so just relax and don't think every little thing means your pregnant because it will kill you."

Libra10210 June 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "Okay ladies, I have decided to share my experience with Plan B One Step to hopefully help ease even just a few minds, because I know just how bad this situation sucks and how you are searching high and low for some honest feedback. No matter what I say here, you will still be freaking out for a while and overthinking every little thing you feel within your body. Just try your best to be positive and keep busy. Alright, so here goes the story: On Apr. 9 I had sex with a male partner and the condom broke. We didn't notice until the deed was done. Immediately I thought "omg we are screwed". I had finished my last period on Apr. 4 (I was now dangerously close to ovulation). The next morning (approx 6-7 hrs later) we went to the pharmacy to get emergency contraception. I took the pill immediately WITH FOOD. The food part is very important. The pill can make you nauseous and if you vomit soon after taking it, it obviously will not work. The pill contains very high levels of Levonorgestrel, a synthetic version of the hormone Progestin (aka the pregnancy hormone). When you become pregnant, your body produces high levels of Progestin, which prevents your ovaries from releasing an egg (because you wouldn't want your body to be ovulating while you are already pregnant). So, in a sense, the pill tricks your body into thinking it is pregnant and therefore your ovaries do not release an egg for the sperm that is now inside of you to fertilize. The effectiveness of this all comes down to timing. The pill's job is to temporarily stop ovulation, so if you have already ovulated, the chances of it working are lowered. This doesn't mean you are totally screwed! There isn't much conclusive evidence (that I have been able to find) but it is said that even shortly after ovulation, the pill can help prevent a newly fertilized egg from implanting in the uterine wall. It is important to follow the advice to take the pill within 72hrs of the incident because sperm can live inside of you for approx 5 days and the longer you let it go, the closer you get to ovulating and the better chance those little suckers have of locating your egg! Back to the fact that the pill temporarily stops ovulation. This means that Plan B is NOT an abortion pill! So whether you are worried to take it because you are pro-life or you are thinking it will terminate an established pregnancy, it WILL NOT DO THIS! The pill's job is to take action before the sperm and egg ever meet. Now onto the stuff that will literally exhaust you... The side effects. I'm going to be honest here and tell you that looking up your side effects is going to make you think you are pregnant for sure. Almost every possible side effect of Plan B mimics the signs of pregnancy. You could experience: nausea, abdominal cramping, fatigue, headaches, dizziness, vomiting, and spotting. If you are concerned about any of these side effects contact your doctor. They will be your best source of support through this. I experienced mild abdominal cramping (like period cramps) the next couple of days after taking the pill and "spotting" about a week later. The spotting was what concerned me. When I read that you "may experience some spotting" I thought a light little speck here and there, however for me it was almost exactly like one of my periods. My periods are generally quite light (lucky, I know) and my "spotting" was almost the exact same, just slightly lighter and lasted about 3-4 days. It started out fairly bright red and then by the last day turned to a darker red, almost brownish colour. I later found out that this is quite normal. Throughout the duration of my worrisome experience, I took 3 home pregnancy tests to help ease my mind a bit. I took one 21 days after the incident, another 6 days later, and then one like 4 weeks after that (just because I was feeling particularly worried that day). All 3 read negative. This helped settle my mind somewhat. Also, a little info that may be a bit TMI, but about 2 weeks after taking the pill I got a yeast infection (see, TMI). On top of worrying about everything else, I now had a painful and embarrassing infection to add to my list! I was freaking out because I wasn't sure what it was at first (painful urination, labia painful to the touch). Upon +++ research on my own, I found out that this is another possible side effect of the pill. The increased hormones in the pill can cause your body to produce an excessive amount of natural yeast. The same thing can happen to women during pregnancy due to the same reason. So if this happens to you, it's uncommon but not unheard of. The biggest worry I had throughout this entire experience was when in the world was I going to get my period?! The pill can and probably will mess with your cycle. It definitely did for me! I'm not sure if it had anything to do with my size, but I'm thinking that it might have. I am fairly petite (115lbs) and the pill is the same dosage for everyone. I ended up missing an entire period! Talk about going out of mind! Everywhere I read said that the pill could delay your period by a week or so, but nowhere could I find anything about it making you skip an entire period! Just as I was mustering up the plan to make a doctor's appointment, my period arrived! Exactly one month late. Again, I can't stress enough to talk to your doctor if something doesn't seem right! I really hope you found some kind of relief in reading this. There is no sure shot way to know Plan B has worked unless you get a blood test from your doctor or are graced with your Aunt Flo so do your absolute best not to worry yourself sick. Remember, stress can have an effect on your cycle as well. I found it most helpful to confide what I was going through in one really good, trustworthy friend who helped bring me back to reality when my worry was spinning me out of control. I hope everything works out for you, and you share your experiences with others going through the same, terrifying experience. Good luck and think positive!"

K.M.555 June 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I'm a virgin and had protected sex with my boyfriend recently. He used a condom but wanted to be on the safe side when he felt the first one wasn't right. He took the first one off and swears he didn't cum but when he took the first condom off a drop of pre cum landed on my leg not close to my area. He then put another condom on and 2 days later I experienced blood when I went pee after I finished peeing there was no more blood. He told me it was my cherry popping since it was my first time having sex . The same day I took plan b which was under 48 hours and I'm supposed to be expecting my period soon and I have no symptoms of the plan b pill and a little bit of signs of my approaching my period. I'm worried if I'm pregnant "

Anonymous June 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "So I had casual sex with a girl approximately two weeks from today. When I pulled away the condom came off and some sperm leaked onto her vagina. I was freaking out because we are both not ready to be parents just yet. I bought plan B for her, she took it 1 hour after the incident. She doesn't keep good track of her menstrual cycle, but she believed she was ovulating at the time because of the vaginal mucus changes. Well long story short two weeks after taking the pill her period just came!!!! I read reviews like this one to ease myself every single day since the incident occurred and promised myself to write a review so that it would help others calm down. I'm just so happy right now!"

Htgggg June 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "Just know this the second time I've got pregnant after taking the pill within 72 hrs. Just found out Tuesday that I was pregnant cause I didn't have my cycle as normal the last week of the month. Just know I'm getting my tubes tied, fried, cut n laid to the side."

Mad as hell (taken for less than 1 month) June 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "just stay calm and relax because everything's going to seem worse the more stressed you are. It works."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I barely pulled out of this lady while having sex with her at a party this February and I threw down 40 dollars on plan b, she covered the other 10. Within 14 hours she took the pill. We had sex the day her period ended, and within two days of taking the pill she bleed for another week. She never told me anything until two weeks ago, but she got her period and it worked. I was so sketched out the whole time, I'm only 18. But it worked, have faith. Look at the positives."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "Well, I can finally write a review. I had sex on the 22nd of May took the pill the next day at 8pm. My period was already late before I had sex which I dont know why. But I was PANICKING bc it was the end of the month and I just wasnt coming on my period. I had no symptoms when I took this. I was crying and stressed out because I've never missed a period in my life. So I ended up taking a pregnancy test 25th of may. Got my period the 29th of May so my period will go into the next month. But I can say it WORKS!!!!"

SOHAPPYIMNOTPTREGNAT (taken for less than 1 month) May 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "Plan b works!!!! I had an unplanned encounter with a boy who I was not with and have no real relationship with. We ended up having sex twice in one night unprotected. I wasn't on any birth control. I started to panic and so went and got plan b approx 14 hrs after the incident. I had to wait 2 whole weeks until I got my period!!! Worst wait of my life as I basically convinced myself I was pregnant. I had next to no side effects, other than maybe slight abdominal cramps, which freaked me out more as I believed because I didn't have any side effects, plan b didn't work. But have faith! This is very effective and this is my second time taking it and it has never failed. Be patient and don't worry x"

Bbabe May 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I had sex with my boyfriend the day after my period ended, the condom broke and he ejaculated inside of me. We immediately ran to the nearest pharmacy to buy the plan b pill after we discovered what had happened. I took it within an hour of the incident. 7 days later I started bleeding, it felt like a period because it lasted for about 6 days, but this was only plan b helping me shed my uterine lining to prevent the fertilized egg from attaching to my uterine wall. I had my period 4 weeks later. Plan b works, don't worry that much if you've followed the instructions and took it within 72 hours of unprotected sex."

Active teen May 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "The condom broke and by time we both noticed it was already too late . Roughly 10 hours after the incident I took plan b one step. I didn't really experience any side affects until the next morning I was cramping and had a bit of nausea . The incident happened about 2 1/2 weeks ago I took about 6 pregnancy test . They all came back negative . A part of me says the pill worked but another part still thinks it didn't . I sorta would recommended plan b . And just so y'all know I am overweight . So I believe weight has nothing to do with the effectiveness"

Desdes0318 May 16, 2017