User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel

Also known as: Afirmelle, Alesse, Alesse-21, Alesse-28, Altavera, Amethia, Amethia Lo, Amethyst, Ashlyna, Aubra, Aviane, Ayuna, Camrese, CamreseLo, Chateal, ...show all 60 brand names

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel.

Endometriosis 74 reviews 167 medications

4.6
Premenstrual Syndrome 10 reviews 34 medications

Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel reviews 2161 reviews 5.3

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel

Alesse (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I've been on and off the generic version of Alesse for around 2 years now. I love this pill because I don't get many side effects and it has worked perfectly for the duration of my usage. But the downside is that it made my skin break out. I've always had acne prone skin, but on this pill, I get large under the skin bumps and clogged pores all over my chin - which is an area I NEVER experienced problems with (and how I pinpointed it to the pill). My forehead gets clogged pores as well which is unflattering. I've try to ride it out and hoped that it would go away but it never does, even with a great skincare regime. Although I don't experience other side effects, the acne never goes away and seems to be getting worse - not worth it."

Princessx (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 26, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Falmina (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I was prescribed Falmina bc I was having too many heavy periods and was anemic, and also because I always got bad cramps and headaches. The first month was fine but the second month it seemed to just stop working, I had horrible cramps, heavy bleeding and my hemoglobin (iron) levels have dropped. I'm constantly tired, and have lost all sense of self motivation. Also I'm getting significantly more breakouts than I ever have before."

Izziw March 26, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Seasonique (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Endometriosis: "First 2 months of taking it I didn't stop bleeding, gained 10 lb (been 125 lbs for the past 10 years) got zits! (Maybe had 5 zits in my whole life) then started this pill and I'm a bloated, bloody, zitty beast! I through the pills in the trash today. Enough is enough! Horrible medication"

Harderwifey (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 25, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Quasense (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I was originally in love with this prescription birth control. I had terrible periods and ovarian cysts. My doctor suggested I have a pill that allows my period to only occur every 3 months, which I loved. It was until recently that I noticed that over the last 6 months, I've gained 20 lbs!!! Going into spring 20 lbs heavier is crazy. I also experienced abdominal pain and menstration pain. I love the space between periods and but I don't love the weight. I will be switching back."

Breezay March 25, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Aubra (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I would NOT recommend Aubra to anyone. The entire six months I was in it I constantly felt depressed and exhausted. Staying awake was a constant struggle. I also experienced crazy mood swings that caused major problems in my relationship. I also developed extremely bad acne which I never had before. Also, I never felt hungry and whenever I did eat I always felt so bloated and uncomfortable afterwards. On top of that, my periods actually got worse; heavier bleeding, really bad cramps, etc. I wish I would have talked to my doctor sooner about getting off this birth control and would strongly discourage anyone else from ever taking it."

KNA022 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 24, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Camrese (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I'm 6 weeks into this pill. I have PMDD and treat it with other Medication but it makes me sad and depressed even with the other medication. The anxiety is through the roof. This pill makes me so tired. I also have horrible night sweats every night. I also can't sleep. The insomnia is awful. Headaches everyday. I have spent the last month trying to figure out what my deal was and its this awful pill. I thought I may of had another condition. The idea of 4 periods a year is amazing but this pill just isn't worth it. I am stopping this pill ASAP and hoping that everything returns to normal in a few days. Oh and the fact that I have completely lost my sex drive! Yeah that sucks too. I just want to sleep and not sweat at night."

EmiSue March 22, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Seasonique (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Like Most women today, irregular periods are a headache ..... so I talked to my doctor about birth control options and we decided to try Teva aka Seasonique.... worst decisions I have made regarding medication. First 2-3 days on the pill were normal after that, it was absolute hell. Spotting consistently, very moody- ready to take my boyfriends head off for no reason, migraines that make it hard to function and fatigue from another world ! I stopped this birth control 2 days ago all the symptoms aside from the spotting are gone. I would not recommend this birth control to my worst enemy. Please discuss other birth control options with your doctor and read other reviews! Always important to listen to your body, do not ignore it!"

NotSoHappy (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I've been on Orsythia for about a year now and it's been the best birth control I've been on. All the others made me very emotional and gain weight. At first there was some nausea but eating before taking the pill helped. There's also breast tenderness when my period starts but thats no surprise. I haven't gained any weight, my acne cleared up and I've never had a pregnancy scare while on this pill even after unprotected sex with my boyfriend. Overall I'd say it's doing a good job."

RosieMay113 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 22, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Chateal (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I'm unsure of how I feel about this birth control. I'm on my second pack so far and if you read the reviews a lot of girls said they were nauseous. Well that is accurate because I'm super nauseous very frequently. Andddddd I'm unsure if it's from the birth control but my hair is falling from my head and everything was normal until I started these pills. I honestly wouldn't recommend it birth control is tricky it's hit or miss and although I haven't gotten prego so far I felt like I was with the nausea and I have thrown up so I'm going to give give thumbs down"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 22, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I was on this pill for about 7 or 8 months and I did not have a good experience at all. This was my first time on birth control so I wasn't really sure what to expect. The first few months were fine, I noticed I was a little high strung but thought it was due to other things going on. Once life had mellowed out a bit, I was still having these terrible mood swings. I only had high highs or low lows, with no in between. I'd snap at my husband constantly and I was extremely depressed. I had frequent headaches and I gained 15 pounds when I had never had any major weight changes before that. I stopped the pill about two months ago and have noticed my mood swings have stopped and I feel much better. Only plus was that I didn't get pregnant."

Bri4569 March 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Aubra (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "The only good thing about this medication is that I'm not pregnant. I've been taking aubra for about 3 months now and the issues I was told would go away after the first pack are still truckin'. My period is nothing more than a day or two of spotting which is pretty cool but the constant moodiness and terrible nausea are not worth it. My relationship and health is suffering from this. I'm always feeling sick to my stomach so I've only been eating healthier, simpler foods but they still make me feel awful. I've been gaining weight and breaking out and freaking out at my boyfriend and having random bouts of depression that is usually controlled by other medication I take. Also, the IBS-like symptoms I have constantly throughout the month!!"

Caramella0807 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 21, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Chateal (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I've been on this pill for about a year now. I'm 18 years old and this was the first birth control I've ever been on. At first I thought it was great no problems at all my periods were only 4 days. Everything was good. I'd say about the third month I started getting all these symptoms. I'll wake up with extreme nausea and have to throw up I had sharp pains in my stomach. I get very emotional and want to cry all the time for no reason I do have mood swings mostly when I'm about to start my period which is pretty normal. But just recently like the last few months I've been feeling very depressed and sad for no reason. Everyone's body is different and this is just what happened to me, just wanted to share."

Rebecaaaaaa March 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Jolessa (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "So I'm this person that hates birth control as in hate them to the core but since we have one child and wanted to wait to have another and the Latex on the condom was getting me sick all the time I decided to look into bc my doc suggested jolesa because I have painful cramps. The pill was great no spotting no periods at all I mean I nothin and it never killed my sex drive like the depo, I had some bad side effects nuasea, lil headache but the worst of all was the weight gain 20lbs in 3 months I mean I workout 5 times a week eat healthy like I'm told but the scale keeps going up I can't do this anymore I'm going to try another one been told jazamin helps with weight loss so I may give that I shot but I can't stand the way I look."

Just only one March 20, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Its pretty good working but what most of these people are doing wrong is your supposed to eat before you take the pill or you will possibly get pukey just remember that but would recommend"

ChloeBBB March 19, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Falmina (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Okay so I just wanted to update. This pill is killing my face. I literally have over 30 pimples on my face that are huge, red, cystic, and definitely 100% because of this pill. I never had acne like this. Also IT GAVE ME GINGIVITIS. I literally have GUM issues because this pill is so wacked out. I am a very mellow person and recently I have been having the worst anxiety and it's definitely because of this. Today was my last pill so hopefully everything will start to go back to normal."

alexagain2323 March 18, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Sronyx (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I've been on the pill for about 2 weeks. So far I have been spotting every single day and have been breaking out with pimples on my face. No sign in weight gain. Will keep y'all updated as I progress in my birth control journey."

Kaysayz (taken for less than 1 month) March 18, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Seasonique (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "If I could give this birth control a 0 I would because of the side effects. I have been on it for almost 3 months and I have developed horrible acne all over my chin and side of my cheek. It is red, bumpy, and painful. Makeup won't even cover it effectively. It looks like I have some sort of skin disease. Nothing helps it to go away. I am intensely moody all the time and cry almost daily. I have constant bloating and seem to be gaining weight even though I have not changed my diet or exercise amount. Stopping this immediately and going back to Tri-cyclen. I wish I had never taken this."

SarahEm1212 March 18, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Portia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Hi Everyone I had a bad experience with this birth control​. I was taking another birth control before this one. I switched to this one bc of my mood. And around the 3rd month I went crazy. I started to think weirdly I started to think I didn't love my boyfriend anymore. And I know it's not true but it is the WORST. I went off it about a month ago and I still have the worst depression and anxiety. I can't even look at my boyfriend the same anymore and it breaks my heart. But I heard it gets better and these thoughts will go away. Remember ladies never act when your on birth control it's not you! But this made my realtionship the worst. So I needed a break from birth control after this one a break is well needed! Good luck ladies!"

Kvernon87​ March 17, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Aubra (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I couldn't even wait a few months to stop taking this, it's been a little over a week and this pill has begun to make my skin worse than ever before. I've broken out in tiny, under-the-skin, rough whiteheads on my forehead, along my cheekbones, and heavily concentrated on my jawline."

FirsttimeAubra (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Aubra (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I love this pill! I had pretty bad acne before starting, and my face cleared up within the first pack or two. I have had no weight gain, and no cramping. I get slightly more emotional the week before my period with 1-2 bumps popping up, but other than that, this pill is great."

Jor_S (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 16, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Aubra (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I am very happy with Aubra. At first I experienced terrible migraines for the first few weeks, but afterwards they went away. Similarly with acne, I had a flare the first few weeks I used it, but afterwards my acne has severely improved and I've had a clear face since. Sometimes around the time of my 'period' I get a few blemishes but nothing serious. To be fair though, I never had bad acne to begin with. For the main reason, in terms of birth control, I haven't gotten pregnant which is the best part! In addition my cramps and periods are a lot shorter and less severe. I was afraid to try this but overall I would highly recommend!"

Happy Pill Taker March 15, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I have been on Alesse, Aviane and Sronyx and they were amazing. No acne, weight gain or mood swings. I have been on for Orsythia for three months. The first month I noticed I felt strange and high anxiety with many mood swings. The second month I had all the same symptoms with a five pound weight gain. This month I got vertigo so bad I could barely stand and walk. It made me feel so dizzy and so irritated that I was snapping at everybody. I called my insurance carrier and beg them to put me on any thing but Orsythia and they are going to put me back on Aviane. I've been on the pill for over 12 years straight and I have never had a series of side effects like I did with this pill. I would not recommend this to anyone."

Vertigo, Weight Gain and Fits (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 15, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Quasense (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "If I missed my dosing time by an hour I spotted. Miss a day? Full blown period. It prevents pregnancy because you are always bleeding. No thank you"

Kscowgirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 15, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Seasonique (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I started using Seasonique as both a treatment for my PCOS as well as a birth control option. Before using Seasonique I lived with an almost constant period that would last for months at a time. It was a saving grace when I started using seasonique and it instantly "turned off the tap"! For two months I am period free then about mid way through the third month I start spotting until I start my new pack. This is a huge improvement to what I'm used to (used to be heavy flow and all the time) and it's given me a new found sense of freedom. I did NOT experience any hair loss and actually lost weight. It also helped immensely with my cystic acne. Altogether it's been a fantastic experience!"

Emma1724 March 14, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Jolessa (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I am 19 years old an have been on Jolessa for a little over seven months now. I have had no problems with this contraceptive, except for the obvious when being on an antibiotic I had spotting. I have always had headaches and migraines growing up which is also a side effect to this contraceptive, they go away easily if I just drink plenty of water when I take the pill. I get most of the side effects which are exactly like my usual period symptoms and they only happen the week before or week during my period. Which is exactly how it was before I was on Jolessa. I was put on this because of over heating, severe cramps, heavy bleeding and shaking from my periods. I have none of these side effects except heavy bleeding, other than that all good"

trisha1997 March 13, 2017