User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel

Also known as: Afirmelle, Alesse, Alesse-21, Alesse-28, Altavera, Amethia, Amethia Lo, Amethyst, Ashlyna, Aubra, Aubra EQ, Aviane, Ayuna, Balcoltra, Camrese, CamreseLo, Chateal, Chateal EQ, Daysee, Delyla, Elifemme, Enpresse, Falmina, Fayosim, Iclevia, Introvale, Jaimiess, Jolessa, Kurvelo, Larissia, Lessina, Levlen, Levlite, Levonest, Levora, Lillow, Lo Simpesse, LoSeasonique, Lutera, Lybrel, Marlissa, Min-Ovral 21, Min-Ovral 28, Myzilra, Nordette, Nordette-21, Nordette-28, Orsythia, Portia, Preven EC, Quartette, Quasense, Rivelsa, Seasonale, Seasonique, Setlakin, Simpesse, Sronyx, Tri-Levlen, Triphasil, Triphasil-21, Triphasil-28, Triquilar 21, Triquilar 28, Trivora, Vienva …show all brand names

Endometriosis

Premenstrual Syndrome
3.5

Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel reviews 5.7 2,987 reviews

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel

Trivora (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I had to take trivora because my hormones were out of whack and my period didn’t happen for three months because of it. The first month I took trivora I got my period back and it’s been good to me for the past 7 months. My period changed to be even lighter with almost no cramps but I didn’t have a troubled period before. Would recommend. No noticeable side effects besides getting extremely emotional before my period"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 15, 2018

Altavera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I have been on this birth control for 2 weeks and it has made me break out in horrible cystic acne all over my face, neck and back. Has also made me so nauseous and feel like my food isn’t digesting and just sitting in my stomach. Feel myself gaining weight everyday! Switching back to Orsythia where I had no side effects!!"

Jess (taken for less than 1 month) September 15, 2018

Alesse-28 (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: "I went on this birth control to regulate my period because I have PCOS so it is what my doctor recommended. I never had any side effects and it worked well for the first year. Last month, I started noticing very weird feelings and was literally questioning my sanity. I had days where I was my normal self and then others where I was totally not. I felt loopy and out of it, like I was high. I have never had anxiety or any mental health issues, so this was terrifying. I told myself it was NOT worth it and got off them right away after reading similar experiences and reviews on this birth control. Will never go back on them!"

AM (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 15, 2018

Levora (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "This is the first birth control I’ve been prescribed and I was on it for four years, I have never had an issue with it other than being super emotional the first few months. But my insurance no longer covers this brand so I have to switch and I am hoping it works just as well! I never had side effects with gaining weight or acne or anything and I’m pretty disappointed I have to switch"

Jnpop September 14, 2018

Amethia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I've taken other generic versions of this before. Camrese made me gain weight and while I was okay in the short term, I began experiencing depression in the long term. I've just finished my first 3 month cycle and overall I am happy with Amethia. One big pro: it cleared up my skin A LOT, more than any acne medication I have ever tried. For that reason alone I'd probably keep taking it. The first month I had more intense mood swings than I normally do, but by the end of the 2nd month everything seemed back to normal. I did experience spotting and slight cramping my 3rd month, but not nearly as severely as I usually cramp and it went away. I'm hoping my next 3 month cycle the spotting and mood swings will go away completely."

Megan (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 14, 2018

Seasonique (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: "Treated the problem, caused lots of others. Dry brittle hair, awful acne even after 4 months of use, weight gain- had to resort to calorie counting, am starving 24/7. Caused me one major yeast infection when I first started and I have never had one in my life, guess the fluctuating hormones can cause them. Am giving it 6 months before I call it quits, hope it gets better soon."

KC (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 13, 2018

Alesse (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I started to take Alesse a little over 2 month ago and my period has not stopped! The breakthrough bleeding is ruining my life. Every single day I have what is like morning sickness, breast tenderness and feel sick to my stomach. GET OFF THIS PILL. oh and it caused me to breakout!"

karina (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 13, 2018

Sronyx (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I switched to this 3 months ago from a different pill because the other pill had killed my sex drive (I thought). I also cycle through because I'm trans and bleeding triggers my dysphoria. this is absolutely garbage. it did absolutely nothing for my sex drive (made it even less, if that was even possible?) and they are terrible for cycling though. I get random periods - yes, full periods - unexpectedly. The nurse told me to stop the pills for 3-4 days at the first sign of bleeding and let it run its course, which I tried, except then I end up bleeding for a week. It also gave me HORRIBLE dry mouth when I first got on it and if I miss more than a single dose of the pill the dry mouth coms back and it takes a week to go away. Unfortunately I have another 3 months to go before I can switch off it but I wouldn't recommend this to anyone"

chrissy (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 12, 2018

Lessina (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I was only on this pill for two weeks and immediately discontinued use due to massive weight gain (10lbs to be exact), mild nausea daily that was similar to morning sickness that lasted all day, headaches all day everyday, and the kicker, IMMENSE chest pain. My friend passed away from a PE directly related to this pill last month (per the coroner). She was 32. DO NOT TAKE THIS."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 12, 2018

For Birth Control: "Since starting this bc four months ago, I have only had about two weeks total that I WASN'T bleeding. It has made me essentially have a period that is stretched into 3-4 weeks. I have endometriosis, so the goal was to stop the period all together. I still have constant pain, but it's no where near the amount of pain I had three days a week during my periods before trying Lupin. I'm switching to a new kind this week."

Jomi (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 11, 2018

Vienva (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I took this medicine to help ease some of my menstrual pain and make my periods more regular. It has cut my menstrual pains and cramps down to about 10% of what they were, and I can CHOOSE when to get my period or not to get it at all. How awesome is that? I have experienced zero negative side effects. My quality of life has improved so much."

Pain Free Periods (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 10, 2018

Lillow (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I was on Marlissa for a year until my pharmacy switched me over to Lillow. All I can say is PLEASE do not take this especially if you have anxiety and depression. This heightened it so bad for me that I was crying and then having extreme panic attacks. I stopped taking it 9 days ago and I already feel so much better. Please don’t take this."

bnh (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 10, 2018

Altavera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Over the past few years I tried Camrese and Viorele for painful, heavy periods due to fibroids. Both made me extremely irritable with no sex drive. I also gained a few pounds. I recently tried taking the pill again and was prescribed Altavera. Somehow my mood is fine on this medication and my sex drive is through the roof. I have lost a couple pounds because I may have less appetite. I sometimes have very mild but tolerable headaches on Altavera but overall the experience has been great. Periods are lighter and shorter with less cramping, too. Worth a try if other pills have failed - I had pretty much given up but got lucky with this one."

A (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 9, 2018

Vienva (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I’ve been on many birth controls as I’m 36, was married at 18 and we had out first child at 20. I’ve never had this kind of reaction, this quickly. I’ve already gained 4 pounds, despite being incapable of eating. The nausea alone is enough for me to quit taking it immediately. I’ve only been on it for four (4) days and I’m absolutely unable to function. The night before last, the severe nausea led me to vomiting more than I’ve ever vomited in a single session. It was a LOT! The past two days I’ve had headaches so bad I’ve been forced to go back to bed. My appetite is gone and I have no desire to even speak. I will not be taking my fifth pill, this evening. I am stopping it immediately and will be bringing these issues up with my doctor at my appointment, this coming Friday. I’m not holding out to see if I come through the side effects or to see if they get worse like most of the reviews here."

MomOf3 September 9, 2018

Ashlyna (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I've been on this birth control for about two years now and it's honestly the best I've had. I haven't gained weight from it and I only have a 3 day period every 3 months now. Before I experienced extremely heavy and painful periods. I highly recommend this medication."

Harleybird (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 9, 2018

Camrese (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I have had really bad pain with my periods for 30 years. I have tried other birth-control and this, by far, has been the best. I have no pain I have had really bad pain with my periods for 30 years. I have tried other birth-control and this, by far, has been the best. I have no pain plus I don’t have a period at all. Would definitely recommend it."

Lovemymeds (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 8, 2018

Ashlyna (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I've been on Ashlyna for about 9 months now and I've got to say that this is the best BC I've ever tried! I went through quite a few different brands in an effort to find one that worked more me but none of them would stop my period. I'd still get it during weird times while taking my active pills. My doctor finally tried me on Ashlyna and a love it! I get a very small amount of spotting every so once in a while but aside from that, no period! I've not experienced any weight gain and I feel like it's really helped to stabilize my moods and prevent acne too! Wish I had found this birth control a long time ago because it is AMAZING!!!"

Sariers (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 8, 2018

Portia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I had significant weight gain, constant bloating, fatigue, and nausea. This was by far the worst birth control I’ve ever been on. It was used to treat endometriosis, but I would rather have the symptoms of it than I would the birth control."

Alli (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 8, 2018

Lessina (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Got my period weeks early, I feel tired all the time. I’m currently experiencing the worst headache, I've ever had in my life! I highly advise AGAINST taking this birth control!!"

Lys September 7, 2018

Sronyx (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Despite reading bad reviews, I thought I would try out this birth control. At first you get a tiny bit of acne, but then your skin is clearer than ever! Also my periods are less painful and lighter."

K (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 5, 2018

Seasonale (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Extreme weight gain since I’ve switched to this pill. I’ve been on it for 3 or 4 months."

Amélie (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 4, 2018

Aviane (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I was so afraid of taking birth control again after having so many bad experiences with other ones but I am so happy I gave this one a chance. Previous pills I was on Kariva, Sprintec, Orthotricyclen- ALL made me gain weight; super moody, and always depressed. This pill works for me, honestly. I have zero side effects, no weight gain, my skin is so clear it freaks me out. The only side effect is my breasts grew from an A to a full B.. they're still growing I'm a little concerned but hey free boob job essentially! So girls if you had a bad reaction to the pills I mentioned above maybe give this one a try!"

lena September 4, 2018

Lessina (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I started this birth control pill after removing the Mirena. I was given this pill as the generic to what my ob/gyn prescribed. I wish I would've left it at the pharmacy! This is the WORST PILL EVER!!!!! Let's start with mood swings, weight gain, tender breast, depression, decreased sex drive and edema. I would NEVER recommend. I discontinued after being on the pill for 1.5 months. I actually stopped taking birth control pills all together to allow my body a chance to get back to normal. This by far was the WORST experience with birth control."

Smash1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 4, 2018

Aviane (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Initially this pill was great! I had no side effects whatsoever. However, around week 2 of taking it, I started essentially what was a second period. This lasted for about a week. The breakthrough bleeding was so bad that I had to stop taking this pill. I wouldn’t recommend this to anyone who has regular menstrual cycles, as it totally messed mine up."

helia45367 (taken for less than 1 month) September 4, 2018

LoSeasonique (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Started the generic almost 3 months ago. Pros: No spotting Cons: my breasts are larger and ALWAYS super sore. It's made it painful to run like I usually do. Altered fat distribution and noticeable loss of muscle mass. Neutral: I've noticed I still have my normal PMS symptoms when I would have started my periods including a feeling of fullness in my pelvis, increased breast tenderness, and irritability with random crying."

mags (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 4, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...