User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel

Also known as: Afirmelle, Alesse, Alesse-21, Alesse-28, Altavera, Amethia, Amethia Lo, Amethyst, Ashlyna, Aubra, Aviane, Ayuna, Camrese, CamreseLo, Chateal, ...show all 63 brand names

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel.

Endometriosis 77 reviews 167 medications

Premenstrual Syndrome 11 reviews 34 medications

3.7
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel reviews 2285 reviews 5.3

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel

Aubra (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Do yourself a huge favor and stay away from this pill. I read all the terrible reviews and still went for it. I was previously on Microgestion for 6 months, it did me wonderful. When it came time to get my new packs, Planned Parenthood supposedly didn't carry it anymore. I was told Aubra was the exact same thing and wouldn't affect me differently. What a lie that was. Two weeks into my pack and I got my period again for the month. Third week and I'm having terrible cramps accompanied with more bleeding. My appetite has changed, I'm not eating much. Grateful I haven't experienced acne, mood changes, nausea or headaches. But don't even wanna chance it. Contemplating if I should throw out the pack or finish and just drop. DON'T RECOMMEND!!!!!!!!"

ohNAhAubra (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

LoSeasonique (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Endometriosis: "I realize that everyone is different. I have never written a review for a medicine before, but felt compelled to share my experience with LoSeasonique. I found it helpful to read reviews from women who had similar experiences. I only lasted six weeks on this pill. Because space is limited, I will just list the symptoms. Horrible hair loss, severe acne (I'm 42 and had clear skin), depression and anger, and lastly very heavy bleeding. I ended up weak and tired from all the blood loss. It was dark blood, with increasing clots. After six weeks, I had to stop. After four days, the heavy bleeding subsided. This pill may work for some, but if you had similar side effects, you are not alone."

naturegirl74 June 26, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Seasonale (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I have been on Seasonale for about 9 months and it has worked great so far! I switched from Sprintec because I noticed that I was moody, had low libido, and felt very nauseous often. It can be kind of scary not having a period for three months on Seasonale, however, because of not knowing if you are pregnant or not, but I have not had any scares (I took my pill religiously besides a couple times). I noticed that cramps are a little worse when I do have my period, probably because I don't have my menstrual cycle as much. Overall, I don't get moody or nauseous nearly as much as I did on Sprintec, and it's so nice only dealing with a period 4 months a year instead of 12!"

Jaqueline Carr (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 26, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Seasonique (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "This is the only birth control I've been on and I have been on this now for four years. What a life saver. I have hardly no cramps at all. I had to stop taking this for a little bit because I was spotting."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 25, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I have taken this pills for 3 months this has turned out to be the worst birth control pills I have gained 20 pounds on it without changing my diet I have had anxiety, no energy, severe bloating I spot in between periods I'll be switching back to my old birth control $30 per month copay this ones were covered at 100% but not worth it"

Gnunez (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 24, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "After I took lutera, within an hour I would feel a rush of fatigue and want to sleep. I would end up taking two, three hour long naps- which threw off my sleep cycle. My breasts hurt, and I was extremely aggressive during my month on this pill. Toward the end I started spotting the 4th day of the third week, and I am on the 3rd day of my period week- and so far I have been spotting for 7 days. My acne got worse, when this was supposed to help. I did not experience bleeding at first. Wouldn't recommend this pill. I am switching to Yaz."

adrey (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 24, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Aviane (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I'm on my second pack about 2 & a half weeks in. So far I feel better overall with my mood besides the fact that life's been stressing me out. My only complaints are the acne and my breasts grew so much and I'm having a hard time with how much they've grown so quick. I also feel hungry all the time and feel like I've gained weight. Other than that it's helped my mood turn from sad and moody to pretty calm and happy"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Aubra (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "First time on birth control (bc) and I am relieved to not have had any major side effects after taking this bc for a month now. The first day I took it I felt a little nauseous but switched to taking it before bed and now don't feel anything (even if I forgot the night before & have to take it in the middle of the day) I did get two pretty big pimples the first week but no physical changes besides that. I THINK I'm on my period now (end of first pack) but very very light bleeding & no cramps."

Kiki Inez June 22, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Alesse (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I'm just finishing up my 3rd pack of alesse!! Before starting alesse I read a lot of reviews to know what to expect but for me it's been really good! I'm 18, about 105lb, and the most I was concerned about was getting bad acne on this pill. For me, I've had clear skin my whole life and didn't want to make it worse. The first week of taking this birth control I broke out on my forehead and it really freaked me out. It all cleared up within a few days though and I haven't had worse acne than before taking the pill. My only side effect is sex drive has gone down quite a bit, I didn't really think about this one until I had it for myself. Also very dry but nothing that lube can't fix! boobs have grown about a cup size too haha"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Chateal (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I'm on my 3rd pack of chateal and I just called my birth control provider to ask them if they could switch me to another pill. It's worked for me the last 3 months that I've been on it but with some side effects. Like really bad nausea, stomach pains, but the one that really bothered me was the acne. I usually have really clear skin and only get acne when I'm about to start my period but ever since I started taking these, I break out like crazy! I expect to see a new pimple right after taking a pill. They're always really bad ones too! Hopefully my next pill is better!"

Ellejayem June 19, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Amethia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Listen, let me tell you about this drug. I thought I was dying. I was vomiting 5-6 times per week with no apparent cause and at random times (but more often in the morning). I had also gained 30+ lbs in the two years since beginning Amethia, but having always struggled with my weight I wasn't as concerned with that issue because I thought I just needed to diet. Well, I stopped taking Amethia about 3 weeks ago. The first thing that happened was that I had diarrhea for a week straight. Second, I immediately dropped 5 lbs, which I thought was due to the diarrhea, but the weight loss is continuing and I'm now down nearly 10 lbs in 3 weeks without trying. And finally, I haven't vomited for three weeks now, which is AMAZING."

Knightrous June 19, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control: "This is the ONLY birth control I've ever had a negative reaction with and dear Lord it is BAD (3 others with zero issues). Sex drive just up and vanished almost immediately, nausea has been nonstop (but only actually vomited once...yay?), at times the headaches have been pounding close to where I thought it was a migraine, skin broke out, I have no energy and of course I'm emotionally much more sensitive than usual Whatever you do, stay away from Aubra!"

Chocolatedragon55 June 19, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Falmina (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I've literally had the worst experience with this pill. I had been taking another birth control that got replaced by my pharmacy with this pill, however this one had a lot of side effects I had never experienced. I started experiencing major headaches, getting acne, becoming extremely depression, no sex drive at all, increased anxiety, and I was just overall moody and irritated at everything. I wish they would've never switched me to this generic version of the drug because this is way worse. I have never experienced such a terrible medicine. I do not recommend it."

doglover27 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 18, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Aubra (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I experienced little to no side effects on this birth control. I did experience some spotting and nausea when I first began, but that subsided after a few days. I began to feel very nauseous during my first non-hormone week (which I confused as morning sickness), so be aware of that. I had acne before starting, and Aubra neither cleared this nor worsened my skin. Overall, very effective and a great choice!"

Kookaburra22 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 16, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Alesse (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I originally started talking this BC (having never before taken any others) as an attempt to regulate my acne. It did help the acne on my back and chest a bit, but I did not notice it help clear up my face. So it was disappointing in that regard. HOWEVER I love how it regulates my period nicely with very few--if any--side effects. No nausea, no cramps, etc. BUT to be fair, I never experienced those during my normal periods. I guess if you're just looking for a birth control pill that regulates irregular/heavy periods (mine went from 7 down to 4 days), this could be a pill for you to consider."

S Maria June 16, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Aviane (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Ovarian Cysts: "After the 1 month, I started to have headaches, I've always have cysts and as a consequence, acne. It got WORSE! Terrible! And I started to have hair everywhere! It's horrible! Dr said it was going to get better after the 3 months, it's been 6 and it's just worse everyday. I'm definitely changing."

Anonymous June 14, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Chateal (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I've been taking Chateal for almost 6 months and it's been pretty great. I've had no complications or side effects. I take it within a two hour frame every morning and my period comes on schedule every month. Other birth control I've taken gave me breakthrough bleeding for 2+ weeks but Chateal keeps me regular."

Seadem4567 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 14, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I have been on Orsythia for a little over a year now and my experience has not been good. Although I will say, this birth control pill regulated my periods with little to no menstrual pain as well as prevented pregnancy. However, the side effects were awful! I had very severe mood swings and anxiety attacks. Anxiety is nothing new to me but this medication made it so much worse. I am ALWAYS tired, no matter how much I sleep. The worst part for me was the headaches, I would get them daily and the pain was unbearable. Some headaches would last days and interfere with my sleep. I thought there was a more serious issue due to the intensity but everything checked out fine, it was the medication. I would not recommend this medication."

Anonymous June 13, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Aviane (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I've been on this birth control for 8 months. It would work perfect for me if it wasn't for the acne. I have no mood swings, my period is normal (can be crampy for the first day, but nothing too crazy), my sex drive is normal (definitely increased compared to Yaz!), and I have been able to lose weight on it. However, it has not helped my acne at all. I think it actually makes it worse. I think I will be switching soon for that reason. I should also mention if I don't take it within an hour or 2 everyday, it totally messes up my period and I will get my period at the most random times, even when I was not on the placebo week. I remember when I first started it I got my period every other week (lasting 4-5 days each time), but that went away."

Runnergrlx178 June 13, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Jolessa (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Endometriosis: "I've been on this 8 months and I'm still adjusting. I started last November, and in December I spotted the entire month. My doctor told me to take half the placebos to flush out my system. I missed Christmas eve and Christmas it was so heavy and painful. The worst 2 days I've ever had on my period. Round two wasn't so bad, with the exception of one day. I'm halfway through my 3rd package. I've been breaking out like crazy and getting random cramps and bladder infections as I normally would before my period, but I still have another 45 days until placebo week. I might check with my doctor again soon because my body doesn't seem to want to cooperate with this drug. I'm only on this to treat endometriosis. I'm not sexually active."

Lady Liz June 12, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Negatives of this pill: Rapid weight gain (I gained 30 pounds and my diet was the same as it has always been and prior to birth control pills I've never had problems with weight gain) While I already suffer from anxiety and depression, taking this pill had doubled that. Almost everyday I felt depressed and angry and sad. I've had so many breakdowns it was tiring. Now that I am off it for a couple of weeks, I feel much more calmness and peace of mind. There's no doubt that the hormones in this pill had something to do with it. Do not take this back to back (skipping inactive week) when I did this my legs swelled up and hurt, and I couldn't stand for long periods of time and also had constant spotting and cramps. Always had breast tenderness"

Shelly_Aguilar June 12, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Aubra (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Okay, so I thought the side effects would leave, but I'm nearing the end of my second pack and they've not gotten any better. My first period on the pill (aside from when I started) came four days early, had worse pain than any of them before, my menstrual flow had tissue in it, I could barely eat, I threw up, and had to sleep constantly because I was so weak and lightheaded. I'm hoping the next one is better, but if it's not, I'm going to have to switch. I'm nauseous, fatigued, and get cramps constantly. I'd say a pro is that I'm not pregnant, but I don't even have sex, so.. I got on Aubra to stabilize my cycle and reduce the effects on me every period (I've missed school because of it), but it hasn't done anything good for me yet."

Snerson June 12, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Levora (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "When I moved, I switched pharmacies this pharmacy carries Levora for my birth control under my insurance. Personally, it gets the job done, BUT I have had several issues with it, like: bleeding during the regular 21 pills ( I have been on BC pills for several years so this should not happen, and it is not a medical issue), I missed a period last month (NOT pregnant, I was so paranoid even after not having sex that I took a pregnancy test), and it gives me god awful cramps that I have never ever experienced on the pill. During the "period week", I don't get it until the end of the pack/beginning of the next pack which has never happened either. I may switch the pills to a local Rite Aid a few towns over for new brand."

Chelseabergstresser (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 11, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Seasonale (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I have been on Seasonale for almost a year and I am switching to Sprintec. I am switching because the breakthrough bleeding and cramping became ridiculous. I would have my withdrawal bleed, have about 1-2 months of peace, then the spotting began and would not stop. I'd double up for 3-4 days or however long it took to stop it then go back on 1 pill when the spotting stopped. 2 weeks later the spotting would return, rinse and repeat. The cramps during the breakthrough bleeding were worse than the cramps during the withdrawal bleed! I've had enough of this pill and am switching to Sprintec and hoping for the best."

AgentJey09 June 10, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Altavera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "My doctor switched me to this after having depression, anxiety and terrible cramps while taking Kariva. I've been taking birth control for about 7 years now due to PCOS and I've tried pretty much everything, nothing seems to be the right fit as of yet. I've been on Altavera for 2 months and I've gained 12 lbs already. Aside from increased hunger, I've noticed I've had less cramping and my periods were lighter and for less days. I've also had less mood swings. Aside from gaining weight, overall not bad."

niki88 June 7, 2017