User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel

Also known as: Afirmelle, Alesse, Alesse-21, Alesse-28, Altavera, Amethia, Amethia Lo, Amethyst, Ashlyna, Aubra, Aviane, Ayuna, Balcoltra, Camrese, CamreseLo, Chateal, Daysee, Delyla, Elifemme, Enpresse, Falmina, Fayosim, Introvale, Jaimiess, Jolessa, Kurvelo, Larissia, Lessina, Levlen, Levlite, Levonest, Levonest-28, Levora, Lillow, Lo Simpesse, LoSeasonique, Lutera, Lybrel, Marlissa, Min-Ovral 21, Min-Ovral 28, Myzilra, Nordette, Nordette-21, Nordette-28, Orsythia, Portia, Preven EC, Quartette, Quasense, Rivelsa, Seasonale, Seasonique, Setlakin, Simpesse, Sronyx, Tri-Levlen, Triphasil, Triphasil-21, Triphasil-28, Triquilar 21, Triquilar 28, Trivora, Trivora-28, Vienva …show all brand names

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel.

Endometriosis

Premenstrual Syndrome
3.5

Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel reviews 5.1 2,638 reviews

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel

Aviane (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I switched from BeYaz (Which was horrible FYI) to Aviane due to insurance issues. I've had no problems with Aviane aside from some break outs but now my skin is clear even going into my period. I have back pain before and during my period and Aviane didn't help but it's not that big of a deal. I don't feel as hormonal and with no insurance my prescription is only $4 at pharmacy"

GabrielleCC February 21, 2018

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I used this birth control for about two years and began suffering from migraines after the first year. I got them every other day. They were so severe I had to go to the emergency room on multiple occasions. I saw my PCP who took me off of it due to increased risk of stroke. I have now been off of it for 3 weeks and haven’t had one headache and my clinical depression seems to be decreased. The only negative side effect of not being on lutera anymore is an increased amount of acne which is manageable. I wish I had known it was causing my headaches and I would have gone off of it sooner. It also turns out my sister was on the same medication when she used to suffer from migraines while she was in middle/high school. If anyone is getting severe headaches and takes lutera, I highly recommend talking to your doctor for different options. I will be getting nexplanon soon."

lilacskies February 21, 2018

Levlen (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for : "I was given levlen because of my painful period cramps and vomiting while on my period. I've been on it for around 3 months now and the only issue I have with it is the cystic acne it gave me. It appears mainly on my chin and sometimes on my cheeks, it has lowered my confidence a lot but I'm glad nothing else has happened to me yet. Overall, a pretty good pill but it works different on everyone."

madstaaa (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 19, 2018

Seasonique (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I've been on the Teva pill for a week and so far I've been experiencing nausea, cramps, headaches, and general fatigue. I told myself I'd give it a month because it was intended to help me with my bad menstrual cycle, but I don't know if I'll be able to go on like this. I can barely function. I've been experiencing waves of depression too. If I continue to use it, I'll give an update, but it isn't looking so great right now."

CasmiraaOB (taken for less than 1 month) February 19, 2018

Alesse-28 (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Within the first month my skin become horrible, I’ve never had an acne or pimple problem just the occasional pimple here and there but after I started taking Alesse, the acne came out. Currently my chin is covered in cystic like acne which never occurred before and I have various pimples on my cheeks and forehead. I also ended up having my period for a full 2 weeks and I’m pretty sure it’s still kind of going on, not sure if that’s normal but has never happened before. Then came the mood swings, I've never been a really angry person but since starting on this I’m constantly either extremely happy or extremely upset and it’s awful. I’ve experienced really bad cramps too, thought the pill was supposed to help with that too. Going to talk to my doctor about switching pills to see if my side effects clear up."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 18, 2018

Levora (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I've been on this for a month and I was in horrible shape. Spotting, mood swings, headaches, chest pain, shortness of breath, weight gain, major cramps and tummy gurgling. I was in a bad mood every day and I couldn't be nice to my children. I stopped taking them and its like magic, all. My symptoms disappeared . I'm so upset. My new dr recommend this since they do not carry chateal. I loved chateal. It worked great!! I wish my insurance carried these. Never will i take nor recommend this bc."

Tori510 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 18, 2018

Sronyx (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I started this pill back in September and at first I loved It. I had no problems at all. My cramps were less painful and my period was lighter and shorter. But then... It ruined my life. Not to be dramatic but seriously. It’s been causing me to have really bad cystic acne since I’d say the 3rd month in. I’ve continued to stay on it because I thought my body would just adjust to the hormonal changes but It has only gotten worse. Once I feel as though my acne is getting better, poof there’s a new one. To add, I’ve had almost perfect skin for 20 years. Now I’m ashamed to even step outside without makeup because of all the scaring and pimples. I would highly suggest not taking this birth control."

Amanda B February 17, 2018

Chateal (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I got on this birth control almost a year ago. Before that I was not on any birth control me and my boyfriend would use condoms we had sex a lot it was never painful - just fine. I switched to this and I have not been able to get in”the mood” for almost that long and it also is very very painful to have sex it’s been about 6 months because it is that painful."

Anonymous February 16, 2018

Chateal (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Premenstrual Syndrome: "This wrecked my mood completely. I had the worst PMS I've had since I started my period. It is overall awful!"

Livchav February 16, 2018

CamreseLo (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I was on amethia lo and then camrese lo for about a year. This pill made me SO irritated all the time. It seemed to get worse the longer I was on it, too. I liked not having a period but I would randomly spot or sometimes even just have a period anyway, so it wasn’t even effective at stopping my periods all the time. I also went through a phase where my breasts hurt badly, which I’m assuming is because of this BC. But the main thing is that I’m usually a mellow person and this had me so angry I didn’t recognize myself anymore. Once I went off of it, I felt normal again."

Ade827 February 16, 2018

LoSeasonique (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Endometriosis: "I was prescribed Loseasonique to help manage endometriosis. I’ve been on it for three months. I felt horrible the first week. I decided to give it time. My cramps and periods are worse. I got headaches, depression, increased appetite, excruciating cramps, bleeding a lot more than before; constantly changing pads. I would get no relief from analgesic or the heat pack. I am 43 years old and do not have kids. I asked my gynecologist for a hysterectomy but, she said that would push me into menopause. The whole point is for me to live as pain free as possible. I don’t care if I have a period every month I am just tired of the pain and having to miss work. I would rate this a -0. I personally don’t recommend it."

Miserable Monster (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 15, 2018

Aviane (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I’ve been taking Aviane for about 3 months now. The birth control has cleared up my acne-prone skin, but does come with other side effects that are hard to ignore. The breast tenderness is intense. So tender, that even a light touch is unbearable. Nausea is also a huge problem. I have days where I’m so nauseous that even when I eat I have to vomit. The nausea here lately has worsened. I have taken a pregnancy test just to rule it out; not pregnant. My sex drive hasn’t been affected much, thankfully. I plan to give Aviane a year. Hopefully these side effects will subside."

Kaielle (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 15, 2018

Alesse (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Endometriosis: "I've been taking this BC pill for about 4 months now (on my 4th month pack day 5) and I can tell you that the side effects are horrible and have yet to get any better. I've been having nasty headaches, insomnia, REALLY BAD depression (never been this badly depressed before), major mood swings (never had mood swings before), and days where I'm nauseated 24/7. I can hardly function. The only thing it has helped, was lesson my period pain. I feel like this pill is ruining my life more than the pain I was experiencing during my period that put me in bed for 2-3 days. I'm looking to get off of it asap, will be scheduling an appointment with my doctor very soon."

Lpetey (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 13, 2018

Aviane (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I wanted to try a new birth control because I was having acne issues with my old BC. The very first time a started using Aviane I noticed some side effects right away. When I would start a new pack I would have several mood swings and felt very sick. I had to call off work for the first 3 months (the first 1 or 2 days of each month) when starting a new pack because of the sickness it was causing me. I pushed through because Aviane was eliminating my acne and I figured the side effects would go away eventually. I've been taking Aviane for almost a year. I don't get sick anymore but I still get mood swings and headaches. I wanted to read reviews because I wasn't sure if my depression was caused by the BC or something else. I don't usually get really down and think negatively, so I really do think it may be the birth control. My negative thoughts are becoming too much, I get sad sometimes and I just want it to stop. I will be switching to a different BC!"

lizbrn February 12, 2018

For Birth Control: "I started taking this medication and while my body was getting adjusted to it I had the worst leg cramps. So bad I would hold back screams. After my system got use to it those stop BUT this pill gave me the WORST mood swings. It made me depressed. I have never dealt w/ depression before and it had me wanting to cry allllll the time and lash out at ppl. I was miserable. Gave it a 2 bc it did prevent pregnancy which was the intended use. Overall I do NOT recommend this pill at all."

Kellyp211 February 12, 2018

Ashlyna (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "since I started the second pack I’ve been bleeding and horrible cramps for 12 days now and I’m bleeding really heavy which I never did previously, before a few daysof my period and that was it. I’m still taking the pills but so far I’m still bleeding. I’m not impressed with this pill so far I’d rather go back to having a normal period every month than this!!!"

Sandrajane February 11, 2018

Aubra (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Worst birth control I've ever taken it's makes me super depressed and emotional I have no sex drive it started at first to clear up my acne but now has increased. I thought the depo was bad this is worse have been taking for about 3 months now and symptoms have been getting worse severe nausea, headaches and the depression has only gotten worse than before I hate this birth control have given it a fair shot and has only been making my life miserable as well as my boyfriend's"

Anonymous February 10, 2018

Ashlyna (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I've been taking this for almost 9 months now after being on a pill where I got my period every month for about 2 years. It worked fine at first, no spotting or weight gain (I think this was due to being on a different pill for so long). I did notice a slightly decreased libido but it wasn't too bad. My first period on this was TERRIBLE, the next was better but still not as easy as my old periods. It had been worth the slight discomfort for only 5 days every 13 weeks though. However, this month I've started spotting about two weeks before I'm due for my period. If it doesn't stop it's just not worth the money for me (my insurance only covers 2 packs a year so the other six months I have to pay a total of $440) The packaging also isn't the best but if you rip the months apart it helps"

Rachel M (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 10, 2018

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I’ve been on this pill and others similar for around 4 Years. At first I had switched to something stronger to help with acne but it made me so irritated and emotional all the time. So I switched back to my low dose birth control and I’ve not had any major problems! After this long sometimes my periods aren’t on schedule but when the are I have 1 heavy day (1st day) and by day 3 I’m pretty much done with my cycle!"

Glamour2314 February 9, 2018

Aviane (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I am on BC for abnormal period bleeding. I switched from Lutera to Aviane and now have terrible acne. When I have my off week, everything clears up. Afterwards I'm back to 3 more weeks of painful acne."

lvlivin (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 8, 2018

Quasense (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I love this stuff, as does my friend who recommended it to me. I've been on it for 2 years now. I had some breakthrough spotting the first year. To me, this was not a huge deal as my previous birth control gave me crippling headaches and numerous side effects. I found dealing with break through spotting (if and only if I took it a bit late) to be a minimal issue. After being on it for a year, this issue went away and I'm glad I stuck with it. I also gained zero weight from being on this BC. The unfortunate part about BC is everyone reacts to it a bit differently, and it's mostly people who react poorly that bother to review drugs. When it comes to BC, you're only gonna know if you try it yourself, not on reviews. It worked well for me and hopefully does for you too."

Nikkiline February 8, 2018

Vienva (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I was on Orysthia but they told me they switched it to vienva as well.This birth control has made me into such moody women my mood changes can go from 1 to 100 real quick which is not me and I hate it. It is not just that it makes me feel really down as well. Super depressed. I think I'm going to switch because after reading these reviews I'm not the only one that feels this way I don’t recommend this birth control."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 8, 2018

Falmina (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I had severe cramps and leg pain to the point I had to sit in very hot baths and burn my skin to feel better. With Falmina the first year not bad, I was up and walking with as super mild cramp. BUT, I started losing hair, gaining weight, depression, Mood swings, and panic attacks. At year two I noticed I started to get pimples ( I'll get a pimple one every other 4 months, maybe) and my leg pain came back and I would get the pain before my period."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 6, 2018

Aviane (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I switched from Lutera to this and I gained more weight! I get weird spotting ever since I started taking this pill. Extreme mood swings and acne to top it off..."

Stephgs (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 6, 2018

Chateal (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I’ve been on this birth control for 4 years and I have had NO SIDE EFFECTS. I love this pill because it makes me feel totally normal. I have a feeling my periods and acne would be worse if I was not on this pill. Sometimes I’m tempted to switch to a method that I don’t have to take every day but I’m worried I won’t strike gold again."

AuntyI February 6, 2018