User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel

Also known as: Afirmelle, Alesse, Alesse-21, Alesse-28, Altavera, Amethia, Amethia Lo, Amethyst, Ashlyna, Aubra, Aviane, Ayuna, Balcoltra, Camrese, CamreseLo, Chateal, Daysee, Delyla, Elifemme, Enpresse, Falmina, Fayosim, Introvale, Jaimiess, Jolessa, Kurvelo, Larissia, Lessina, Levlen, Levlite, Levonest, Levora, Lillow, Lo Simpesse, LoSeasonique, Lutera, Lybrel, Marlissa, Min-Ovral 21, Min-Ovral 28, Myzilra, Nordette, Nordette-21, Nordette-28, Orsythia, Portia, Preven EC, Quartette, Quasense, Rivelsa, Seasonale, Seasonique, Setlakin, Simpesse, Sronyx, Tri-Levlen, Triphasil, Triphasil-21, Triphasil-28, Triquilar 21, Triquilar 28, Trivora, Vienva …show all brand names

Endometriosis

Premenstrual Syndrome
3.5

Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel reviews 5.7 2,780 reviews

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel

Aviane (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I’ve been on Aviane for more than two years now and it’s the best. It’s helped my body and my periods and I originally got it because of endometriosis and it helps with that too. I haven’t gotten pregnant and I just think it’s so good! I love it!"

Ali (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 22, 2018

Chateal (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I am naturally tall and slender and have a very athletic build. At first this birth control Chateal was great for me, after about a month of adjustment. Periods are light and easy to schedule or skip. I experienced no weight gain. It has now been 11 months and having some unpleasant side effects. Mood swings, depression and fatigue, and like most women said, COMPLETE loss of sex drive. This has been the biggest problem for me, as I am in a great relationship and it is coming between us. I will have to find something that is better suited to my hormones."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 22, 2018

Levora (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I’ve been on Levora for about 14 months. To be honest I have no idea why I’ve been on it for so long. I experience SEVERE vaginal dryness that makes sex painful during and after. This was not a problem previously; my sex drive is significantly lowered and I gained some weight. I’m not pregnant, but I’m not satisfied. Switching this month!"

nothanks (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 19, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I’ve been on this birth control for only a month and I’ve already been experiencing bad side effects. I would almost compare this to depo (which I also had a horrible experience on). I’ve been having bad mood swings and changes in my mood. I feel as if my thoughts have also changed and I’ve had some unwanted thoughts about disturbing things. It has made me less social and has made my anxiety and depression worse. I believe that I probably have a hormone sensitivity of some sort because every birth control that I’ve been on has messed with my thoughts / moods. Not to mention, it hasn’t changed my periods at all. After this I’m probably going to steer clear of synthetic hormones for good so I can feel like my normal self."

Kass_96 (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2018

Vienva (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Vienva (birth control) isn't okay. When they switched me to this at Walgreens (like many people) I read the reviews and try to go back as ask for something else but the pharmacist assured me it was the exact same as the pills I had been previously been prescribed. She said to not listen to reviews because it was the same pill as Aviane and Lutera, it was not!! I have been on those two for over 2 years and never felt as anxious and crazy as I did on this pill. I'm hoping next month they give me another brand."

Lil May 18, 2018

Aubra (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I’ve used aubra for around 11 months now and has worked great for me. I used to have a lot of acne and now my skin has cleared up with the occasional one or two pimples but they’re barely noticeable. I also had heavy periods that would last from 7-9 days and they were painful. I would have to wear both pads and tampons and change them every 2-4 hours depending on the day. Now my period lasts 2-3 days and it’s way lighter than before. The pain is still there on the first day but it’s not as bad. I wouldn’t recommend skipping periods though because the last time I did it, I bled for 2 weeks straight."

abbey (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 18, 2018

Lessina (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I started Lessina about 2 months ago. I really like it. It has stopped my period altogether. My acne has gone away completely. I’m very happy with it."

Melissa (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2018

Vienva (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "My pharmacy switched me to Vienva unexpectedly. Decided to give it a try assuming it would be just as effective as all the other birth control brands I've been switched to within the past 7 years . I was completely wrong. I've been on it for 2 months and I've gained 20 pounds, in addition to excessive moodiness day in and day out. Since switching I've had an uncontrollable urge to literally cry myself to sleep, for no reason at all! I finally decided enough is enough and made an appointment to see my physician to get me off of this brand immediately!"

Kay (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2018

Aubra (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Aubra was the worst birth control pill I've been on. Broke out more then ever, was depressed the whole time I was on it. Not until I switch to another birth control pills that I realize it was Aubra that was causing it"

Holan (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2018

Chateal (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I just recently moved was not able to get back home to see my doctor for a visitation for my birthcontrol renewal, so I went to Planned Parenthood to get my birth control they gave me chateal instead of my usual. Chateal has been so hard on my body, I have diarrhea, headaches, dizziness and loss of appetite. I took it only five days before stopping. I'm happy I did because also in that week when I stopped it was my boyfriend and my two year anniversary. We went to one of our favorite places for dinner and that night he proposed to me! I said yes. I'm happy I stopped taking Chateal because if I still had that bad side effect of diarrhea this special night could've been ruined."

Sillyraccoongirl (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2018

Vienva (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Vienva was the worst experience of my whole entire life. Like many I was switched from Walgreens to this brand I even asked the pharmacist if I would have any reactions as in the past when they switched me my body had a very difficult time adjusting to the medicine. They assured me that there would be no issues and it's like taking my current birth control which was lutera. Well they were wrong after a couple days of taking it I have had severe headaches, nausea, suicidal thoughts, depression, fear, constant panic attacks, bloating, more acne and I've also gained over 10 pounds in 2 weeks. Currently I am schedule to go to my gynecologist to get a new form of birth control because apparently mine is no longer being produced, For anyone that's being routed to this birth control- use caution"

Thewalkingduck (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2018

Aubra (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "It's my first time taking Aubra. During the active pills I noticed I cry so much more than normal over the smallest things but that's the only inconvenience. Once I started the placebo pills at the end of the pack things got so different my face is breaking out so bad. I get bad headaches so randomly and I start to feel sick at random times of the day. And they make my appetite so much larger so I'm sure I've gained a few pounds. Otherwise it's preventing pregnancy so that's great. Would recommend."

Katie (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 16, 2018

Vienva (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "HORRIBLE experience. I'm surprised this BC is on the market because it almost ruined my life. While on it, I was depressed, irritable, and bursts of anger as well as hair thinning, loss of appetite (I'm already thin), and acne. I could not figure out why I had basically no will to live or motivation to do anything and getting extremely irritable to not only my friends, boyfriend, but coworkers as well. I'm normally a very calm/collected person but this pill made me feel like I had no control over my life. AVOID!!"

Christine May 15, 2018

Camrese (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I’ve been on this birth control for 3 months now (just got through my first pack) and honestly I have very little complaints. I haven’t gained weight, no spotting, no nausea or dizziness, no change in libido However I did notice that I’ve become much more emotional since I started camrese. It used to be kind of hard to make me cry now I will at the drop of a hat, but for me the pros outweigh the cons majorly"

michellegg (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 15, 2018

Aubra (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I have taken aubra off and on a year and a half. The first experience with it was great and I had no issues. I have been taking it again for almost 4 months now. The first three months were again without issue but this last month has been torture. But let me explain, I messed up and missed a few days (I wasn't sexually active at the time) and when I got to taking it again it would have been part way through the waiting week pills, so I stupidly decided to skip them all together, waited another day so it would be the beginning of a week, and started back on the regular pills. Bad idea. It messed my hormones up so bad and made my next period so horribly heavy and I had spotting for a week even afterwards. I had read other ladies manipulating the timing of their periods by skipping the placebo week but I do not think aubra is the right pill to do this with. I'm going to continue taking it normally for the next month or so and hopefully it will set everything back on track."

Carly May 14, 2018

Aubra (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I started taking birth control to see if it could help with my acne, I even told my doctor that I wanted to take birth control specifically so it would help with my acne, for me preventing pregnancy was just a plus. There were a lot of bad side effects such as weight gain, bloating, and sore breasts that lasted the entire cycle. In my second month of using this birth control my skin broke out like never before. I stopped taking it but I’m still dealing with the severe acne after two months off the pill. Worst mistake I made."

Sophos (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 13, 2018

Ashlyna (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "This is the worst birth control pill ever. I bled for months and lost so much blood. I've had mood swings, depression and have been miserable!!! These pills should not be on the market! They will make your life a living hell"

Jonesa84 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 11, 2018

Lessina (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I’ve been on this pill for about a year. When I first started I had irregular spotting for about a month and then my period began to come regularly. After about 4 months my moods swings have been on 100. During that time of the month I do get cystic acne in the chin area. On the bright side I am not pregnant, which is a plus! One down side is that the pharmacy I use was out of stock for a couple of days, which could have gotten me pregnant but I’m glad I was able to hold out until I have taken the pill for a week straight."

Bri (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 9, 2018

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I used Lutera for a little over 2 years to stop my periods. Unfortunately it has stopped working and I've been having lots of break through bleeding. In fact, I start bleeding only 1 week after taking the placebo pills."

Leah (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 9, 2018

Levlen (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I've been on it for a few days now can really tell the difference in my moods. It is a good pill and my first time on any sort of pill I haven't had a break out but have been having mood swings first 2 days I felt dehydrated and sick but its gone now"

tee May 8, 2018

Alesse (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Okay so this is the first time I have read these reviews because I was wondering why my sex drive has been unbelievably low and I just figured put it's this birth control. I have been taking It for months. I had extreme nausea anytime I thought about food and I sincerely didn't think it was this birthcontrol but since other women are having the same problem I think I've come to my conclusion. Do not take this birth control. Their website doesn't even have any information on the pill they sell."

Why (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 7, 2018

Seasonique (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I thought this birth control option was the holy grail for my long and excruciatingly painful periods. I had tried it a few years ago and it made me sick to my stomach for about four weeks so I stopped. But I tried it again and LOVED it. Four periods a year that were totally manageable.. sign me up! My incessant mood swings were better, my skin was clear, it was great. All was well until I realized that I had gained 40 lbs, my health started rapidly deteriorating, and I learned my liver was near failing. If this medicine didn't have these horrible side effects I would have stayed on it forever and given them all of my money. Obviously, I had to be taken off of it though for the sake of my liver and to get back to a healthy weight. I'll probably give the NuvaRing another try and possibly use it to skip periods like my Seasonique naturally did since my periods are back to being painful now without it. If you want to try this, I say go for it, but it's NOT a long term solution."

kaylarose (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 7, 2018

Lessina (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Based on my experience with this pill so far (3 months) I would not recommend it. I get very nauseous after taking and have had a low mood (tired and depressed). I also get indigestion now which I never had prior to taking."

Ash (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 7, 2018

Aubra (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "So, I’ve been taking Aubra for about 5 1/2 to 6 months now. In the first month I noticed a severe lack of appetite and the first two weeks I was extremely nauseous. This was my first time taking any type of birth control and I wasn’t sure if I was going to continue taking it. Month two was where it all got better. I had a normal appetite again and no nauseousness. I get a little moody the last couple days before taking the inactive brown pills, but other than that I feel fine throughout the month. As this is my first time taking birth control, I have nothing else to compare it to, but I seem to do good on it. Now I get light periods for about 4 or 5 days too. I used to have extremely heavy periods that would last well over a week and a half. Everyone is different, but I’d recommend this pill to anyone looking for birth control."

Allison (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 5, 2018

Aviane (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Back again for an update and I must say I HATE this birth control now. I’ve been on it for 7 months and I have bled 3 weeks a month since I started this pill. I’m always sleepy, my moods are TERRIBLE I’m constantly irritated and rarely ever happy and I wasn’t like this until I started this BC. I completely stopped having acne and haven’t had any pregnancy scares obviously since I’m constantly bleeding. I was previously on lutera, but I got switched to aviane because lutera is no longer in pharmacies. Moral of the story I am getting off of this birth control I can’t take the constant bleeding and cramping for 3 weeks straight."

Unknown (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 4, 2018