User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel

Also known as: Afirmelle, Alesse, Alesse-21, Alesse-28, Altavera, Amethia, Amethia Lo, Amethyst, Ashlyna, Aubra, Aviane, Ayuna, Camrese, CamreseLo, Chateal, ...show all 62 brand names

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel.

Endometriosis 74 reviews 167 medications

Premenstrual Syndrome 11 reviews 34 medications

3.7
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel reviews 2242 reviews 5.3

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel

LoSeasonique (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I was referred to get on birth control because of my abnormal menstrual cycle. At first I was on Orthocyclen Lo and after a year, decided that I didn't want to be on birth control anymore as I never remembered to take the pill. I then didn't have a period for about 5 months and finally it returned to my normal 7 day cycle. The next month it was on for a whole month before I decided to go back to my doctors office because it was driving me insane! They then suggested that I take LoSeasonique. I just finished my first pack, but I don't like this pill at all. I feel AWFUL each and everyday! I have really bad stomach pain and I constantly feel like I have to vomit. Please let me know if anyone else is experiencing these symptoms!"

Imanismalls May 23, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Chateal (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: "I was hesitant to try Chateal. Or any birth control really. In the past I have them to make my moods feel out of control and weight to fluctuate. Due to PCOS, I needed to take this. HOWEVER, I am starting my second month on this. So far the only side effects I have noticed are my breasts are swollen (like 2 cups larger) and tender. I had a headache the first week after I took it (I took it in evening to avoid any potential sickness) but the headaches went away after the first week. I do not notice any particular mood swings or weight gain. Am also not pregnant which is great. I would recommend Chateal based on my current results."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 23, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Chateal (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I took this pill for already 1 week and started experiencing negative side effects to it. I was already cautious from reading others reviews and wanted to watch out and see what I might experience. They were so not good. I've have dealt with severe acne growing up and I have finally felt confident in my skin and body when I finally got it to go away. When I got on this pill I saw acne all over my face almost the next morning. I broke out everywhere. Then I've noticed I feel major bloating and have noticed I am way more emotional than usual. I am already a highly sensitive person and this pill was not right for me at all."

i hate this pill (taken for less than 1 month) May 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Aviane (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I was scared to try birth control for the first time, especially after reading the horror stories here. But people only post things if something happens. For me, nothing has happened. The first day I had crazy mood swings, but maybe it was placebo effect. I was scared that I would lose all my progress with depression, but actually nothing has happened. I'm still the cheerful, calm person I was before starting it. The rest of the week nothing happened. I even forgot I'm taking BC at all. I guess I did break out a lot more and my skin's pretty raw, but I'm only on it for Accutane so it'll be fun to see the chemicals duke it out."

Accugains (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Aubra (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I've been on Aubra for the last six months. The only pro I can think of is that I'm not pregnant. However, the list of negatives is much longer. Before getting on the pill, I had clear skin, regular periods, no PMS or crazy mood swings. Since I got on it though, I've noticed that my skin got worse- pimples appearing everywhere- bigger than I've ever gotten in my life. My periods have become so irregular despite following my doctor's instructions and taking it religiously at the same time (I have a pill tracker app too!). Pre-pill, my periods only lasted for four days and were relatively light. Now though my HEAVY periods last for eight days and happen every two weeks. Definitely gonna get off it and not recommend it to anyone"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 18, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Chateal (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I'm 19 and I've been using Chateal for month on Sunday. I think the pill is great so far it's been a smooth transition. The only thing I would have to say about it, is that it delayed my normal period. Before I started the pill I was super regular and had a calendar to track my periods and I was about 5 days late when my period came, but I'm pretty sure that's normal when you body adjusts to the hormones. Nevertheless, it was a little scare and I kinda have bad headaches but I was told after month 3 they would go away so I'm not really worried. Overall this is a pill I would recommend, nothing out of the normal or too weird happened so far, so I'm pretty sure it can be trusted."

Mtb123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I have been on this pill for over a year, and only had mild side effects during the first 2 months. Those side effects included breast tenderness, and spotting. After the 2 month mark, all side effects subsided. I have had much lighter periods that only last 3-4 days since starting the pill, which has been great! I have not experienced mood swings, low sex drive, weight gain, or any of the other effects some other have dealt with. It's been a great pill for me!"

TiffyLynn May 17, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Aubra (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I've been on Aubra for three months. This isn't the first birth control I've ever been on. I haven't had any negative experiences with Aubra, just the same affects you would have when you're first starting birth control. No weight gain, no weird mood swing."

Brooke A (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Seasonique (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I couldn't be on this pill for more than three days. I started taking it because I liked the thought of only having a period once every three months. Almost immediately I got extremely exhausted, nauseous, fluctuating body temperatures, overwhelming sadness, a heavy feeling in my chest, and on the third day I had a panic attack at work so I decided to stop taking it. I felt 100x better when I woke up this morning after not taking it last night. I know you're supposed to give it time to work but I have never reacted that horribly to birth control before."

Alysharj May 16, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Aviane (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I've been on this pill for about 9 months now and I'm either switching to another pill or just getting off it in general. This pill overall isn't terrible but I do have a few complaints. It made me gain a little bit of weight, typical. But what really bothers me is the week before I'm going to start my period I spot for about 2 days. What also bothers me is my period is now 10 days long -_-"

taytay1621 May 15, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Aubra (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "This is the first birth control method I have ever used. I'm 18. I have been on it for a little over 7 months. I absolutely love it. Let me just start with the pros: breasts got more firm. My skin actually became more clean. (I've always had clear skin) but this helped even more. The only negative side effects I would say is that you sometimes may experience mood swings. I have a short temper so that could also be my fault. This pill does NOT make you gain weight. It only makes you hungrier than usual. I highly recommend this pill for all women. I love it!"

Martinez530 May 12, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Falmina (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I'm 19, and I started taking this pill because I was sick of passing out from painful cramps and I had started having sex with my boyfriend like 8 months before and I was always afraid I'd get pregnant. This pill is quite effective, my cramps have most certainly subsided and I feel safe and comfortable having sex with my boyfriend. There is just one problem though: I have become very hysterical in situations where I should usually be more calm and collected. Lately when I get in arguments with my boyfriend over very little/petty things that used to not bug me as much, I end up screaming and sobbing hysterically. Also, about a week ago I stubbed my finger and reacted as though I had been stabbed. I screamed and cried for 30 mins."

ovo/xo May 11, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Sronyx (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I've been on Sronyx for 5 years & I love it. I started taking the pill when I was 14 & I only gained 5 pounds & I spotted for a few days. I love this pill I'll never change to a different one !"

Breana21 May 10, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ashlyna (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "First off I'll start by saying that not everyone is the same so this BC will obviously react differently to different people, buying birth control is simply a game where you have to try them all to find one that truly works how you want. So I'm on my 2nd week of this and so far so good! I've had no bleeding, very mild cramps nothing that I can't handle. My main reason for being on BC is obviously not to get pregnant but I have ALWAYS had ridiculous periods. Most of the time I pass out at least 1 time during my cycle, due to cramps so the cramps I've experienced while taking this haven't been nearly as bad as the ones I've experienced so over all super excited about that. Packaging is kinda bulky but I have a big purse so no worries!"

td518 May 9, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Aubra (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I have only been on it for 2 weeks and already I am ready to get off the pill asap. Already I've had bad mood swings, gained weight and also I'm currently experiencing the worst acne I've ever had. My acne is so bad, it hurts my face so much. This is the first birth control I have ever taken...I do not plan on continuing this contraception nor would I recommend it to anyone."

Simone2510 May 9, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Jolessa (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "This medicine is horrible! I only took it three months and decided to stop. I got pregnant immediately. Not even six weeks into it I was dying of blood clots. My lung damage. I was in so much pain from the clots that I was on morphine and the back pain was super severe! If I could go back, I would've never in my life have taken this medicine and it needs to be removed from the market!"

HertoMissa May 8, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Levora (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Personally, I've had the best experience with this pill. It's done it's job for sure. I rarely break out from my periods and my periods are always light. I really love the fact that I know exactly what day and time I start my period. It helps me a lot with cramps and the level of heaviness in my period, which was why Levora was recommended to me. I've been on this pill for 2 years now and I'm very happy! My boyfriend and I unfortunately can not use condoms because of UTIs and other medical reasons for me. This pill definitely makes me feel safe."

mad123456 May 8, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Alesse (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Alesse was the first type of birth control I've ever taken and I experienced many negative side effects. When I first started it, I had severe back pain, headaches, and mood swings. After a week or two these symptoms subsided but I began to feel depressed--this feeling went on for about a month and worsened whenever I drank alcohol. In total, I was on this pill for two cycles before I decided to switch. That being said, everyone is different! If Alesse doesn't work for you, there are probably others that will."

Snj May 8, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I've been on orsynthia since I was 14. I am now almost 19. I am nauseous a lot and cry for no reason. I am very moody all of the time and and have a lot of mood swings. I have an EXTREMELY low sex drive, to the point that I think it will ruin my relationship some day. I am sexually active but I am always safe using condoms so I haven't gotten pregnant. For me, orsynthia has stopped the clotting during my periods but I still will get cramps and my periods will sometimes be very heavy. I never got acne so that hasn't been a problem for me. If I were you I would steer clear of orsynthia and make this your last choice birth control."

Jilliayy (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 7, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Jolessa (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "First cycle on these and I've been having breakthrough bleeding for 2 months now. In one week I will go on spacers, not sure if i want to continue, its so frustrating. I did have headaches when I just started cycle, but those went away after 3 days. Breast tenderness lasted the entire time."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 7, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Seasonique (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I've been on this pill for almost a year. The first nine months (three cycles) went by without any issues. I was put on it because I get sick every time I get my period and my cramps are terrible. Half way through my eleventh month, I got my period, but I figured it was just spotting, so I continued to take the normal pill. Almost six week later, I'm still bleeding, and I've felt faint the past few days. This is hell. I'm switching off of it next week."

anonymouswriter (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 5, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ashlyna (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "This birth control is horrible . I was only taking it for 3 weeks and my period came right back and it's heavier than it normally is . Like way heavier and usually my periods are light. I hate this birth control I hate it ! Not only that my cramps are way worse too . Preventing me to be able to get up for school or work . "

SeverePain_KeepSane (taken for less than 1 month) May 4, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Amethia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I'm on the 10th week of my first 3 month cycle. So far this pill seems quite good other then spotting which stopped once I started taking it within the same 5 minutes every day. I recently had spotting again which my Dr advised to take 2 pills daily for 3-5 days until it stopped. It now stopped completely. I did have period cramps after 2 months which should have been my period timing. I also have a huge increase in appetite but I'm not sure if it's from the pill or just from switching my job to part time and being home more. I plan to continue using this for a while"

Debs21517 May 1, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Aubra (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Medication made me depressed easily over nothing never was one for mood swings also it was a constant struggle to stay awake period went from super tampons to ultra tampons acne for the first time in my life after I decided to get off of it and worst of all it made sexual sensitivity numb to any stimulation so glad to be off of this garbage..."

Carla25 May 1, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Aubra (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I haven't experienced too much of the side effects like weight gain, nausea, or anything. But I noticed that my eyes are really dry all the time when I started taking these and I don't know if its related for certain, but I've had contacts for two years and this is the first time I've had this issue. I've had to switch to glasses as of late. Also, my depression has exponentially worsened. It feels like it hasn't, but I never cried much and have cried almost every day since I've taken these. I'm going through real things, but I used to handle them better. But I guess these symptoms are better than pregnancy, and I haven't gotten pregnant."

Ndnsjsjjsjsjsks May 1, 2017