User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel systemic

Also known as: Afirmelle, Alesse, Alesse-21, Alesse-28, Altavera, Amethia, Amethia Lo, Amethyst, Ashlyna, Aubra, Aubra EQ, Aviane, Ayuna, Balcoltra, Camrese, CamreseLo, Chateal, Chateal EQ, Daysee, Delyla, Elifemme, Enpresse, Falmina, Fayosim, Iclevia, Introvale, Jaimiess, Jolessa, Kurvelo, Larissia, Lessina, Levlen, Levlite, Levonest, Levora, Lillow, Lo Simpesse, LoSeasonique, Lutera, Lybrel, Marlissa, Min-Ovral 21, Min-Ovral 28, Myzilra, Nordette, Nordette-21, Nordette-28, Orsythia, Portia, Preven EC, Quartette, Quasense, Rivelsa, Seasonale, Seasonique, Setlakin, Simpesse, Sronyx, Tri-Levlen, Triphasil, Triphasil-21, Triphasil-28, Triquilar 21, Triquilar 28, Trivora, Vienva …show all brand names

Endometriosis

Premenstrual Syndrome
3.5

Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel reviews 5.6 3,127 reviews

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel

Seasonique (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I've been on this birth control for about a year, and I like it just fine. It can be so hard to find a birth control that is right for you! This one is great because you only have to have a period every three months! I've read a few reviews that say they skip the sugar pills and forego having a period. I've tried that twice and both times I had a ton of breakthrough bleeding and basically had my period anyway. Maybe it's different for everyone. I have started getting migraines occasionally lately, which isn't normal for me. I think this may be a side effect of this pill that is fairly common. Other than that, the pill has worked really well for me! It doesn't make me gain weight, which was an issue for me with other pills."

LostinWA (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 10, 2018

Ashlyna (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Struggling with anemia and extremely heavy and uncontrollable periods, Ashlyna has been my go to for birth control. I've tried so many things that would not cooperate with my body or menstrual cycle. I think it's important to understand all medications impact everyone differently and sometimes it's not good to search for reviews because it will make you bias against the product. I've been on Ashlyna for about 5 years and I have never been happier. It has changed my life. Medications treat all of us differently. I was shocked to see so many negative reviews! If I would have before, I would have ended up switching to a different one. I'm glad I didn't! All you need is some patience."

Kellsbells (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 10, 2018

Ashlyna (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "My insurance switched me from Amethia to this. It's been a nightmare. Ever since I started Ashlyna eight months ago, I have spotted EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. It's been like an endless period, cramps included. I'm switching back to Amethia, with which I never had much spotting. This birth control is AWFUL. Do not use it. You might as well use a regular monthly birth control and suffer a period once a month, because with this you'll have an endless period."

Jayne (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 9, 2018

Amethia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "This one is a 10 for me. It dramatically cleared up my skin, and I had NO spotting when I started this medication. Occasionally I will start spotting about a week before placebo week, which seems to be my body saying that it's ready for a period. But apart from that, there is no spotting. No weight gain or depression or other side effects for me."

Jayne (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 9, 2018

Larissia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I was originally on Orsythia for 3 years and never had any issues. My new doctor put me on this since they are both generics. My experience has been absolutely awful. I have had the worst acid reflux/indigestion and I have never had these issues before starting this birth control. It has also caused me to be nauseated 24/7 which causes me to vomit. I would not recommend this to anyone."

TayJR (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 7, 2018

Vienva (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "This garbage has completely destroyed my system. PLEASE seek a replacement if you start feeling off! This garbage has changed who I am mentally and physically. I was “giving it a chance” for my body to adjust but it has put me into insane bouts of depression and uncontrollable mood swings (as in bawling my eyes out and then rage screaming the next.) I’ve gained weight, have acne, a yeast infection, spotting, etc. This “birth control “ pill is DANGEROUS."

Dangerous drug! (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 6, 2018

For Birth Control: "Let me start with saying that I am falling short on my progesterone count, so my OBGYN recommended this -oral- birth control. I was having mostly regular menstrual cycles before this pill. I might have been 1-2 days off, and 2 days at the most! My third month of being on this I started having a menstrual cycles twice a month. Now that I am on a fifth month, my cycle lasted 9 very long days, when normally they typically last 5 days. I was then off of my cycle for 4 days before I started my cycle once again. Besides irregular menstrual bleeding, and bleeding that is not associated with my period I have also experienced other side effects. Such as headaches, backaches, anxiety attacks, nausea, diarrhea, mood swings, stomach pains, menstrual cramps, and depression when taking the placebo(blue) pills. My OBGYN has now switched me. I hope this helps someone. if you are experiencing uncomfortable side effects, it's important that you let your physician be aware of it all."

V (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 6, 2018

CamreseLo (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I have been using a combination of Camrese Lo/ Lo Seasonique for 8 years now (used Lo Seasonique for about 2 years sometime in the middle. Purely just an insurance company issue). It took a good year/year and a half for my body to fully adjust. I used to get horrible periods with heavy bleeding and cramps so bad that I would have to stay home because I would need a bathroom every hour. After starting this, my periods got lighter and way more manageable. During the first year, I couldn’t get through a whole pack without having some bleeding. Over time, my body got used to it and now, all these years later, I rarely get a period at the end of the pack. If I do, it’s very light and doesn’t last more than a few days. No issues with weight gain or acne. I would certainly recommend this pill, but I would definitely say you have to give it some time for your body to adjust. Getting on a 3 month cycle won’t happen overnight, so be patient."

Kiki December 6, 2018

Seasonique (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Not a perfect BC for me. Instead of having no period for 3 months I'm bleeding for last month and half. Not heavily but need a pad. No weight gain or anything like that tho. I prefer to have 3-5 days period every month than month and half light period. It's insane."

Miljana stevanovic (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 5, 2018

Alesse (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I started taking alesse for really bad cramps that left me immobile and missing my classes. After being on the pill for 2 months I've had the lightest periods I've ever had. Only downside is that my mood dropped considerably"

Z (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 4, 2018

Larissia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Omgoodness! Worst birth control ever taken. I was taking Orsthyia for the past 3 years and CVS switched me to Larissa. I've had heart palpitations, anxiety, and my stomach constantly stays tore up. I've had the worst stomach indigestion of my life. Every time I eat I feel nauseous. My body also feels like I'm constantly swelled. I DO NOT recommend this birth control for anybody!"

bbn1234 (taken for less than 1 month) December 3, 2018

Amethia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "My mail prescription pharmacy switched me twice in 6 months from Seasonique to Camresse to this, saying my insurance. But anyways my side effects started the 1st week in the first pack. Just ended my period the week before- this one was back with a vengeance. Flow was so heavy I went through a pack of pads in less than 5 days and none of my natural remedies worked. Cramps were unbearable and made me legs go numb. Period goes away after a week. No spotting in week 2. Spotting comes back to the point of a light period week 3 with cramps. Just finished out week 4, still spotting after attempting some sexual activity where that got ruined too. Got the night sweats like I have menopause too. DO NOT take this especially after you originally have been on seasonique or camresse- it will ruin everything!!!"

Mojojojo (taken for less than 1 month) December 1, 2018

Aviane (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I just started this birth control and I've been on it for a little over 2 weeks now. After only 4 days, I started experiencing symptoms. My skin is an oil slick and somewhat breaking out/my eye make up wont stay on as a result. My chest is breaking out and my hair is greasy before the end of the day and it is flat. I'm literally having hot flashes which are screwing up my sleep cycles. I just talked to my doctor and I'm getting off this pill ASAP. Wouldn't recommend for acne at all, if you're acne prone this bc will most likely not help you. My face is back to being as oily as it was before I ever started birth control."

lemonworld (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2018

Vienva (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "This birth control pill ruined my life. I was taking Alesse then was prescribed Vienva once I moved countries and being told it’s the US “equivalent” to Alesse. I had no problems with Alesse besides minor mood shifts and a total weight gain of 1-2 lbs which is fine and I was able to sustainably use Alesse for years. Comparing that to being on Vienva for 3 months was a completely different story... I gained 15-17 lbs within a little over a month, and I am a petite 125lb woman. In addition, I lost all my sexual libido, was irritable and depressed, had massive mood swings constantly, and I lost interest in the gym, work, and all general home personal life. My self confidence had been shattered. I have since refused to take any more pills or refills of my prescription for Vienva and will never endorse that brand. It has been 9 months since I have been off the medication and I am still struggling to lose all the weight I have gained from this dreaded pill."

Innocentbystander November 30, 2018

Vienva (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I started this birth control 3 months ago. Apart from migraines here and there and some discomfort with sexual intercourse at times, this birth control has done wonders for me! I don’t have any nausea or vomiting plus my period cramps have vanished which is great. I was terrified of the previous reviews but it all depends on the person. I am 20 and this is my first time ever on birth control so I’m amazed!"

Jazzy (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 30, 2018

Larissia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "This is my first time taking birth control pills and I was worried about all of the side effects I've read about. It feels like I'm not on anything. I noticed a few days where I was very emotionally sensitive, but other than that, nothing, which is fantastic! The only reason I gave it a 9 and not a 10 is I've only been on it a month so wouldn't know if I'm pregnant yet, ha!"

Kitty (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 30, 2018

Vienva (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I wanted to do this review for anyone who has just started this medicine. I’m 28 years old and have only tried birth control when I was 23 for a 2-week period and hated it. I wanted to try again so I was prescribed the Vienva. So far I have taken mine for 8-days. I waited for all the awful side effects I had seen in many reviews but have had few. The worst side effect I experienced was the nausea. Some days so bad my mouth would salivate and I would tremble. I have not experienced any noticeable effects on my mood, no headaches, no anxiety or depression, or any breakthrough bleeding. I’m honestly surprised as being someone whose basically never taken BC on the norm, I haven’t experience any worse side effects. I’ve also had a decrease in appetite and have noticed no effects on my sex drive either. So though it is still early, I feel like this is going to be a really good option for me."

epeejay November 29, 2018

Aubra (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I’ve been on the pill for almost a month now and I’ve been getting bad cramps I always feel bloated and nauseous and I’ve gained some weight. And I wouldn’t recommend it but it has made my skin clear up."

Brittany (taken for less than 1 month) November 28, 2018

Amethia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I do not recommend this pill. I’m officially getting off it today. I have had nothing but issues with it. The first THREE MONTHS, I was experiencing “spotting” although I’m not sure what they consider spotting because this was a lot. Then it ended for about 3 weeks, then spotting reoccurred. So I was told to go off the pill for a week to let my body do it’s things and then go back on. Did that and was fine for about 3 weeks and now I’m back to spotting. It’s like instead of getting my period once a month it’s like I’m not getting my period once a month. Every 3 weeks I get a break and then it’s back to bleeding. It’s not fair and it’s not something I recommend."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 28, 2018

For Birth Control: "My insurance only covered the seasoneque generic brand called mylan. So I'm not sure of the difference but I noticed I started having very bad migraines. I thought I was going to have an aneurysm. On the left side blurred vision in the l eye . My doctor put me on migraine meds so bad I also received an injection 4 the headaches. I don't have any menstrual bleeding just some cramps around that time at the end of last pack and old blood like the end of a menstruation. One day I had blurred vision, word salad and cognitive issues. I couldn't remember my co worker name that I was just talking to. I'm a nurse at work passing meds it scared me but it did go away. The headaches did not go away and I wear glasses now. After talking to a relative she asked me about my bc she asked me to stop taking it. I saw a doc because it sounded like I had a stroke or seizure which really scared me . I have been off since thanksgiving with no headaches."

t (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 28, 2018

Vienva (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Side effects are nausea, migraines and pain with intercourse. This birth control pill has way too many side effects to even be considered useful to me. I would rather go without then have to go another day using this pill"

Babygirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 27, 2018

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: "I hate this medicine! Anything with levonorgestrel does not settle well in my system. Camrese Lo caused horrible breast tenderness and headaches. It didn't affect my mood much, thankfully, but my boobs hurt so much that I had to stop it. I was trying a lower strength birth control for PCOS. It's not worth it."

MissLeopard83 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 25, 2018

Aviane (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I have been on this bc for 2 years and no problems at all"

sillyvmom (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 18, 2018

Levlen (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I started the pill 4 and a half months ago as my first hormonal contraception, and I was prescribed with levlen. I was a little nervous but I only ever experienced slight side effects and by the end of that pill packet my body had gotten used to it and I felt fine. However when I went to get my repeats they didn't have levlen in stock so I was given lenest 30, a generic version, which I was assured would be no different. Since I started that one 2 weeks ago, I've been emotionally unstable and basically a mess. I can't wait to go back to levlen when I'm done with these."

Elle (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 16, 2018

Portia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Like many others I was switched to Portia after Levora (which I loved!) was discontinued. Have to begin by saying I was skeptical of the whole gaining weight or having mood swings while on birth control stories but man did this pill mess with me. Giving it 3 stars bc it shortened & decreased my pain during menstruation immensely but it wasn’t worth the massive mood swings (namely unwarranted irritation & then extreme depression)— that just came out of nowhere about two months into taking this pill. My appetite also majorly increased & was much insatiable which was kind of a bummer. I think I gave Portia a fair shot but after about 4-5 months I’m switching to a diff pill—I understand everybody is different so this may work for some but definitely not for me."

Lex (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 15, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...