User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel

Also known as: Alesse, Alesse-21, Alesse-28, Altavera, Amethia, Amethia Lo, Amethyst, Ashlyna, Aubra, Aviane, Camrese, CamreseLo, Chateal, Daysee, Delyla, ...show all 57 brand names

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel.

Endometriosis 67 reviews 160 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 111 reviews 162 medications

4.7
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel reviews 1768 reviews 5.6

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel

Quasense (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Absolutely terrible. I never had chest or back acne, now I'm covered. I had excess discharge and bled every day (not enough for period but more than spotting). I ended up with weird bumps all over my arms. My breasts swelled up and had sharp, shooting pains. After losing 20 pounds 3 years ago, I've gained 15 of it back in 2.5 months without any change in diet. My depression has been higher than it has been in a long time. I have no sex drive; how can I when I'm bleeding every day at unpredictable times? I wish I would've read these reviews before taking this medication. Do NOT take Quasense."

ehchum (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 26, 2016

Portia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I used to be incapacitated during my period due to cramps and id never remember when the blood would start. This almost eliminated my cramps, lightened the flow and shortened my period. As a plus, the pill packaging makes it super easy to remember when to break out the pads. I dont think I saw any side effects but that might be because I already had headaches and nausea."

No cramps mcgee (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 26, 2016

Lessina (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I had never taken any other oral contraceptive prior to Lessina. I believe the decision to order this low-dose option for me was based on my relatively small size, 103 pounds. I took it for 4 months. During that time I had the worst acne of my life and was nauseated every day, and I had migraine headaches with vomiting at work which ceased when I quit taking the pill. My PMS symptoms were also worse. The price has been volatile. In March, 2016, I paid $8.82 (which seemed like a great deal) to get a 28-day pack from Walmart for home delivery. In July, 2016, the same pack from Walmart for home delivery cost $21.92. My health insurance is provided by a Catholic employer, so these are uncovered expenses."

SJChemist (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 26, 2016

Aviane (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Endometriosis: "I have been on this birth control for about a month and a half now. I have had some side effects within the 2nd and 3rd weeks with nausea and getting sick to stomach after I ate and I did get a headache here and there. I have felt slight weight gain but nothing too too noticeable and the first few days I was a complete and total cow but that's gone away very quick. Otherwise this pill is good for me. No serious side effects .i haven't had a period yet since I went on vacation and didn't want to have it because I wasn't sure what to expect but I will have one at the end of this month. But so far so good."

tCgrl08 July 22, 2016

Levora (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "These pills made me moody, over sensitive, I've had depression problems before but this just made them get back for no reason, mostly at nights. It cost me a very dear relationship. My skin got greasy, mostly on my face and scalp, I gained a lot of weight I'm still trying to lose, made me feel nauseas and it messed up my liver. I have nothing positive to say about it. My new OB/GYN told me to stop them asap and I did in hopes to see the change and get my self back. Do not take this crap."

HORRIBLE! (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 21, 2016

Alesse (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I have been on Alesse for 5 months now, and at the beginning it seemed to work effectively - regulating my periods, preventing pregnancy, as well as partially helping my acne. Although by the 3rd month I started getting my period before the placebo pills, and it became irregular again coming any time throughout the month... I'm now switching to a different pill, but all in all the pill was ok when it was working. Although my periods were irregular it still prevented pregnancy so thats great. Only thing is that I gained around 5 lbs, and it didn't help with cramps or lightening my period which is one of the reasons I went on it in the first place."

confused?? (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 21, 2016

Aubra (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "First birth control i was put on. The first couple of months were fine I was very emotional at times tho. Boobs grew for sure and acne has cleared up. The third month I started spotting for 2 weeks before I got my period and only had it for 3 days. I recently have noticed I've gained a lot of weight. Used to have great abs and now I have a muffin top and pudgy looking stomach, have been working out and doesn't seem to do much. Debating if I even like having these hormones in my body. I was fine before taking birth control, i went on it for acne and to regulate my periods but now I don't think it was really worth it, it's starting to make me feel like I'm starving like an hour after I eat a full meal."

MorgxnJ July 21, 2016

Seasonique (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I took this BC for about 5 years it was absolutely amazing for the first four years, with the exception of having spotting here or there but once we got through about 3-6 months that ended and only getting my period ever three months was AMAZING! I had a very light period with little to no cramps while on this pill. About a year ago I stopped taking it after having been on it for close to 5 years. I went on vacation and continued to take my pill at the same time every day and I had my period for the ENTIRE three weeks I was gone. A very heavy and painful period too which was completely abnormal. I also completely lost my sex drive before stopping using this and have now stopped taking it and I am honestly scared to experiment with new pills"

Stephiepieee July 20, 2016

Seasonique (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "My experience with this pill is 50/50...I love only having my period every 3 months but I spotted for months when I started, have lots of headaches, my breasts are bigger and I gained weight."

Lynnypooh July 20, 2016

Alesse (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Alesse is NOT an appropriate birth control choice to help with hormonal acne. One of the main causes of hormonal acne is a rise is androgens (male hormones) which you do NOT need more of if you are experiencing hormonal acne (jawline, chin, cystic). I did not realize that Alesse had added androgens and went on it for just short of a month. Needless to say my face, back and chest area have broken out worse than being off birth control altogether. I am sure this is a great birth control option for some but keep in mind that it is probably not your best bet if your main focus is to decrease your acne. Hope this helps!"

k09 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 19, 2016

Falmina (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I have been on this pill for over 2 months now, and good news I have not got pregnant (me and my partner stopped using the withdrawl method and condoms). But that is the only thing I like about this pill. The first month I was on the pill I was fine I had no complications, but right after I started my second pack I got my first period and it lasted 10 days and it was heavy and crampy everyday. (usually it was only heavy and crampy the first day and usually it was only 5 days). I then started getting awful mood swings where i was angry and upset all the time. I am going to switch my pill the end of the 3 months."

Lizzyrose11 July 17, 2016

Seasonale (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I started taking Seasonale 3 months ago as my previous birth control medication was no longer effective. I take it to regulate my periods as they never regulated on their own. Everything was going well (no pain or abnormal bleeding) until this past week when I got my period while taking the week of inactive pills. I have recently suffered 48 hours of intense breast pain and swelling (way worse than "tenderness") where the pain hits in waves and makes it nearly impossible to do anything. I am exhausted from being in this much pain. I have also experienced my left breast "leaking" for most of the day which is really uncomfortable. My body now thinks it is pregnant which is something I should not have to deal with. Not taking this again."

Yujie (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 17, 2016

For : "I started Jolessa for severe PMS symptoms that border PMDD. I was extremely irratable and was depressed and anxious. My doctor recommended Jolessa to help with the mood swings i had during my period and I have had almost no issues since. Its not a cure all, but it has been extremely helpful. I havent had any weight issues and the spotting hasnt bothered me, its barely noticable."

Anonymous July 16, 2016

Aubra (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I've been on the pill for 3 months. It's effective but major Negative side effects. I've been bleeding pretty bad between periods (seems to be worse when I drink coffee for the record). Along with the spotting I've been getting cramps that feel worse than my usual period cramps. I've also been getting headaches MUCH worse than I'm used to that seem to last forever. Periods have been lighter which is a plus but obviously all the blood that should be draining isn't because of all the spotting. It isn't all bad but I'm switching for sure."

Tlah (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 16, 2016

Aubra (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Was taking this pill every day at the same time.Never missedd a day. I ended up getting pregnant."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 15, 2016

Aviane (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I took Aviane for almost two years before switching to Mirena (which I love, by the way.) I never had sex without a condom while on this BC, but it seemed to do its job. I never got pregnant. I did, however, regularly experience the withdrawal bleeding (a "period") consistently a few days before the placebos began every month, but it was predictable so I didn't mind. I took the pill at the exact time every day. I just don't think the hormones were quite strong enough to hold back my bleeding. Basically Aviane worked alright for me, although I did notice some minor but more frequent bouts of depressive episodes that were very short while on this BC. I had a lot less acne while on Aviane, but small flare ups a day or two before my period."

Alicia R K July 14, 2016

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Pill worked well at preventing pregnancy but I would bleed for 3-5 weeks straight. It was awful and made me very very very cranky and moody."

LadyKJ July 14, 2016

Chateal (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Cause awful awful awful migraines with auras. Quit for a month to make sure that was the cause. As soon as I started back up -within 3 days migraines were back."

Hollyjoelle87 July 13, 2016

Camrese (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I have been on Camrese for 2 years to treat severe cramping/pain due to family history of endometriosis. While the pill was 100% effective in preventing pregnancy and shortening periods/lessening pain, I experienced the following side effects: high heart rate (often times would not slow down enough to sleep at night, severe anxiety as a secondary effect, low mood as a secondary effect of anxiety/lack of sleep, increased sensitivity to sugar and caffeine, bloating (more often than not), weight gain. For TWO years I thought I had undiagnosed generalized anxiety disorder until I went off the pill for a week and realized that I slept every night and was 100% calm and my heart rate finally felt normal. I am switching to Skyla IUD"

queenfrostine (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 13, 2016

Chateal (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I've been really happy with Chateal. I don't experience the irritability I've experienced with other birth control pills. I also like that my period doesn't kick in immediately if I forget a dose."

Cb325 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 12, 2016

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "After taking Lutera for 4 months, all of a sudden I got my period two times in three weeks. Since I started taking it my breasts got huge, I gained weight, I've been depressed and my sleep pattern has been thrown off. As soon as I stopped taking it I felt 1000 times better, I feel like myself again, and now just have to work on getting back into shape because of the weight gain."

LPC5 July 12, 2016

LoSeasonique (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I have taken LoSeasonique for over 5 years. It has helped with migraines (no hormone fluctuations) and did not have weight gain until my insurance tried to get me to take the GENERIC version.. Not the same, hence bioequivalent. Now, no pharmacies have the brand name on the shelf nor can they order it. Oh no!"

Prkr32 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 12, 2016

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I've been taking Lutera for Dilated veins in uterus (PVC) i've been on it for about 3 months to ease cramps & decrease bleeding, but it hasn't really done either. During the first month of the pill, I bled daily so I didn't necessarily have a period. I also gained about 5 pounds within 2 weeks, became extremely moody & still had issues with cramps. Month 2, I still experienced a lot of spotting, but it would be supressed for about a day or two, then continue for a week. I actually had a lighter period & some of the cramping was eased, but the weight gain & moodiness came with depression, lack of energy & made my skin breakout (seeing I never really had acne issues). I'm almost done with my 3rd pack & I plan to switch pills once I'm able to visit my doctor again."

mymymy937 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 11, 2016

Amethia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I started with microgestin seven months ago to help with periods. They were heavy and incredibly uncomfortable and the microgestin just wasn't working for me, and I'd been on it for six months. Then I switched to amethia and things were weird for a little due to the hormonal changes, but after a month, everything leveled out. I haven't gained any weight, my skin is still relatively clear. The only thing I've noticed is that my breasts are very itchy. I then noticed that I was having frequent allergic reactions to *something*, so my doctor reccomended I stop taking this for two weeks. Turns out I was just allergic to my body wash, but the breast itching went away, but has since started up again. I've been back on amethia for two weeks now"

Kswizzle July 11, 2016

Jolessa (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "Started taking this pill 3 months ago. Worked fine the first month. No spotting or anything, now I'm on month 3 and I have been on a heavy flow peorid for 3 weeks. Acne is acting out. And massive weight gain. Used to weigh 120 and now I weigh 134. Do not recommend this drug"

Brookeghh July 10, 2016