User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel to treat Birth Control

Also known as: Seasonique, Aviane, Lutera, Ashlyna, Trivora, Lessina, Portia, Marlissa, Camrese, Balcoltra, Introvale, Seasonale, Levora, Sronyx, Amethyst, Vienva, Kurvelo, Larissia, Orsythia, Aubra EQ, Lillow, Daysee, Falmina, LoSeasonique, Jolessa, Enpresse, Twirla, Aubra, Amethia, Altavera, Afirmelle, Sylevia, Chateal, CamreseLo, Delyla, Rivelsa, Quartette, Simpesse, Ayuna, Lo Simpesse, Levonest, Fayosim, Cerinta, Jaimiess Elifemme Amethia Lo Myzilra Levlen Iclevia Chateal EQ Setlakin …show all brand names

Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel Rating Summary

5.4/10 Average Rating

Compare all 267 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel

Mclarkyy August 1, 2020

Portia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel): “Just like everyone else here, I was just recently switched from Levora, I loved Levora, and never had any side effects. Now, Portia, I have been on for a solid week now, and have already experienced extreme mood swings, and the smallest things will set me off, and send me into bawling my eyes out for no reason! My boyfriend was the first to notice it, and I looked up reviews and I have all of the same mood swing side effects as everyone else, I’ve been on multiple different pills, and this is the first one to ever give me any side effects!”

Lana July 31, 2020

Trivora (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel): “This pill made me severely sick.. I couldn't move without vomiting”

OhMylanta · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 30, 2020

“I have been on the Mylan brand ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel for 1.5 years and it is amazing! Significantly lighter periods that last about 4-5 days, I know exactly what day I will get my period, and I have had practically no negative side effects - I experienced some anxiety at the beginning but I don't know if that was necessarily from the birth control. I'm also not pregnant so that's a good sign so far!”

Chinita July 30, 2020

Lessina (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel): “I thought there’s something wrong with me but after I’ve read those comments on here about Lessina it’s horrible. It’s my second week of taking this pills and it gives me a migraine, nausea, lower abdomen pain, UTI and acne!!”

mc · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 27, 2020

Aubra EQ (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel): “On Aubra EQ I have had extreme food aversions, extreme mood swings, crippling depression, painful cystic acne which I NEVER had in my life before. I also never had cramps during my period and I was never a heavy bleeder but this pill made my periods awful, it was excessive and extreme. I took this for 8 months and it has taken a toll on me and my relationship. I also have 0 sex drive and I used to enjoy sex before but while using this pill I’m so disgusted with the idea of it.”

Lisa M · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 26, 2020

Daysee (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel): “Absolutely horrific. At first it seemed to give me some relief from the debilitating cramps I got for like a week straight every month, but then the cramps came back with a vengeance. I had cramps every single day for a month , literally. Despite not eating any more than before, eating healthily and working out constantly I gained over 10 lbs and felt bloated and sick. I just decided one day to stop taking it. I figured it wasn't helping and is probably making it worse . I threw them away and feel better already. I hate this medication. It's horrible . For me it felt like poison. It made my moods worse , energy lower , was always exhausted. It's garbage”

e.f · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 22, 2020

Larissia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel): “It's important to realize everyone has different experiences!! I started this Larissia pill before traveling abroad for a few months so I was extremely nervous about taking it while handling such a drastic life change, but I noticed no mood swings, no change in weight, no acne, and above all I actually had INCREASED libido! I went off of it for a month because I considered getting an IUD but I did notice that after going off of the pill I had a bit more hair loss and my libido went back down. I'm contemplating going back on because I realize I might not find another BC that works as well for me.”

lmc4xo July 18, 2020

Aviane (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel): “IF I COULD GIVE AVIANE A ZERO I SOOO WOULD. I had the best skin before I took this... beautiful skin and I am not exaggerating this stuff made me break out to THE MAX. I now have severe acne and have had it for months now, it’s so bad that I don’t wanna go anywhere. I went to the dermatologist and I’m now on antibiotics and prescribed medicine to PUT on my face. This is TERRIBLE I would tell NO GIRL/WOMAN to EVER EVER take this birth control”

notcoolman · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 3, 2020

Chateal EQ (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel): “This was the first birth control pack I ever tried. I was under 18 at the time and at first everything seemed to be ok. The only thing that I noticed was a decreased sex drive and lack of emotions. Then after six months of being on it, it suddenly became unbearable. I developed headaches, cloudy thoughts, hot flashes, weird muscle spasms, severe fatigue, no appetite, and CONSTANT nausea. The whole ordeal was probably the worst experience I’ve had in my life thus far. Even a year later I still feel like this pill messed me up pretty bad.”

S July 1, 2020

Vienva (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel): “I have been through the nightmare that is birth control for the last 2 years I have tried 6 different BC’s and had horrible side effects from all of them including bipolar depression, mood swings, weight gain, hair loss, loss of sex drive, horrible cramping. I was put on VIENVA 3 months ago and was nervous because of negative reviews. All was going well, my sex drive was back up (I’m 26 and in a happy loving long term relationship!) but I ended my period a week ago and 3 days ago I started having some slight spotting, on the 2nd day I started bleeding HEAVILY and here we are on the 3rd and I am still bleeding! I have never in my life had breakthrough bleeding but this is like I’m having a 2nd period! Horrible cramps, full on 2nd period of the month! I will be switching. Again, everything else was amazing about this pill. It made me feel normal again, high sex drive, no side effects, until this third month when I’ve been excessively bleeding even after my period.”

soapsoup · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 1, 2020

Aubra (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel): “Aubra was okay at first, but then it worsened my depression. Everything seemed so dull to me. It also made me lose my sex drive almost entirely and gave me terrible brain fog. I do not recommend this.”

dh · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 30, 2020

Vienva (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel): “I started using this pill about 2 months ago. I’ve only used birth control this time and another time about 2 years ago. The first time was fine I didn’t have any side effects whats so ever (but then again it was a different pill) so I decided to go back on the pill again. I got prescribed Vienva from the pill club. The first 2 weeks of taking it I would wake up every morning with extreme nausea, my moods swings starting getting really bad and starting affecting my relationship. I felt like I was starting to get depressed. Last night I got an overwhelming feeling of sadness out of NO WHERE and starting crying uncontrollably sobbing in the shower. I’ve NEVER done that before and that for me was the last straw. I’m not pregnant no it works I guess”

nickname · Taken for less than 1 month June 30, 2020

Trivora (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel): “On Trivora I had NAUSEA -- ALL DAY EVERY DAY. MAJOR MOODINESS. This pill made me miserable.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 29, 2020

Marlissa (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel): “I have been on this drug for more than a month, currently I’m struggling with eating. If I even see food it makes me sick. And I’m pretty heavy set gal, but for the last week it’s been miserable trying to eat.”

Maya · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 28, 2020

Chateal EQ (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel): “First BC I’ve ever loved! Positives:• no added weight gain. I am smaller framed. •didn’t change my sex drive •haven’t gotten pregnant with partner and he always finishes inside •no positive or negative effect on skin •periods come at the same time every month. I was so irregular before •shaves a day to two days off of my previous 7 day cycle. Negatives/side effects • experienced some nausea when I first began taking it. 30 mins after taking the pill I noticed I would get a lil hot and nauseated. But after a while I no longer experienced that. • I’m a lil more emotional. Doesn’t take much to get the water works going. • I feel slightly more fatigued and will sleep more. I combat this with eating small pieces of raw young ginger to spice myself awake. Overall it’s been great for me. I’ve been taking it for almost 2 years. Previously I tried the depo shot which was so bad and made me bleed nonstop for months.”

RR · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 27, 2020

Trivora (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel): “Horrible for me. I encountered weight gain, severe acne, and breast tenderness. I ended up switching to another birth control and had no issues afterwards.”

Katty · Taken for less than 1 month June 26, 2020

Seasonale (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel): “I was on the Seasonale pill for three or four days when I had one of the most horrendous breakdowns ever...I couldn’t stop crying and screaming - my poor fiancé! My anxiety was out of this world...would wake up in the middle of the night for a few hours with raging anxiety. I finally couldn’t take it anymore and stopped taking it, two days later I felt like myself again, guess it’s going to be no glove no love!? Lol”

Marie June 24, 2020

Balcoltra (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel): “I had an absolutely awful experience on this Balcotra pill. I had almost constant cystic acne that abated during the placebo week, but returned immediately upon starting the new pack. Nothing improved the acne, and it actually worsened over time. I also experienced weight gain and moodiness. I haven’t experienced such significant side effects on any other pill, so I really cannot recommend it to anyone.”

Paige · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 24, 2020

Larissia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel): “When starting Larissa, I was a bit apprehensive about how it would work for me do to what I had heard from other people’s experiences. But after being on it for a month, I have found it works great for me. The only side effect I have experienced are periodic loss of appetite and at the beginning, mood swings. I have not gained any weight or had a drastic increase in acne, if anything it has cleared up my skin. I am very happy with my experience and am glad I am lucky enough for it to work as well as it does on the first try.”

UserAud · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 24, 2020

Lillow (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel): “Just remember everyone is different... Lillow was the first birth control pill I was put on after having my birth control implant removed. I didn’t experience any negative symptoms, it caused my period to be light and regular and actually helped me better manage my weight and my mood. I never experience any depression or crazy PMS. I had a good experience taking it.”

bella · Taken for less than 1 month June 23, 2020

Vienva (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel): “So I have really bad anxiety and depression and I told my doctor this and told her I didn’t want a birth control that would make it worse and she put me on this birth control. I look up all the reviews and everyone is saying it made them depressed but I decided to try it anyways because I know medicine works differently on everyone. So I started the medicine and it made my depression and anxiety so bad I started getting suicidal and self harm thoughts which I haven’t had in awhile. I also have completely no sex drive and when orgasm was only small. I only took the medicine for 2 weeks and then I stopped it. I’ve been bleeding and spotting and I’m not on my period and I’ve been off of it for over a week. I don’t recommend you take this if you have mental health problems.”

BalcoltraUser123 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 23, 2020

Balcoltra (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel): “I have been on this birth control for about 7 months. I started using Balcoltra after my IUD started to fall out (yeah scary I know). Since starting it I have been tracking my cycles. My period comes within a day of when it has been predicted (either 1 day early or late). I am an overall anxious person, so I don’t see my anxiety being worse bc of this BC. Another plus is that my weight has been maintained, even through quarantine. Overall this form of BC does its jobs and I’ve had no major side effects.”

Rose · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 20, 2020

Seasonale (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel): “I was happy on this pill until my doctor took me off because of high blood pressure. I'll miss it and I'm upset that I can't be on it.. No periods for 3 months. I don't think i experienced any side effects but I do get headaches and cramps which I see as normal as they weren't everyday. I loved this pill. I have no issues that i know of. Everyone is different with different issues.”

Concerned · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 19, 2020

Daysee (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel): “I’ve used Daysee for about 8 months and I have finally stopped... my life has been miserable since month 4. I bled everyday from the fourth month until now (one week off) and the breakthrough bleeding is the heaviest I’ve ever experienced!”

San · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 17, 2020

Levlen (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel): “I'm onto my second month and I'm experiencing constant sleep breaks, waking every few hours and nightmares, heavy head and two migraines so far. I usually sleep with no issues at all. My mood is very short tempered and I seem to get anger snaps which is so unlike me. Also acne all around my chin area has worsened. I started this pill because of the lower dose, previously I was taking Brenda ED to control acne but that made me sooo depressed to a point where I was crying at the smallest things and thinking the worst. Was hoping Levlen would help because of the lower dose but sadly not. So disappointed”