User Reviews for Nexplanon

Learn more about Nexplanon.

Birth Control 2880 reviews 299 medications

5.7
Summary of Nexplanon reviews 2880 reviews 5.7

Reviews for Nexplanon

For Birth Control "I love this!! I have no periods!! I have mild migraines but that is just a small price to pay. I love nexplanon. I had it put in last January and it took 3 months to work, but since then I have had no real issue."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "After reading reviews for this, I was afraid to try Nexplanon. But as another helpful reviewer stated, try looking up your current birth control and you will also find some horror stories. I switched from the pill (reclipsen) and I have had nothing but a great experience!! The insertion was absolutely painless, but my arm was sore (soreness similar to vaccination pain in arm) after for about 3 days with some bruising. Once inserted, I never again got my period. I have lost weight but kept it in the good spots ;) I have no problems with headaches, moodiness, dryness, increased acne etc. Most importantly, it is doing it's job as BC!!"

Kate009 August 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "It's been 4 months since I had it put in and maybe I should of read these reviews before having it done. The bleeding is was is driving me insane!! I got it my 6 week check up and had no issues until 2 weeks after it was put in I spotted for a week then started a full blown period that lasted 10 days. Then nothing! Then I started spotting very mild August 2nd, it is now August 19th and the bleeding is becoming heavier. It is more of an annoyance then anything else. And highly considering having it removed. I did gain about 12 pounds but that went went away. My Sex drive didn't change at all but this spotting makes things a little more difficult. I was looking forward to not having a period but what I'm dealing with is making me bitchy!!"

Carla82107 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've had Nexplanon for about two months and I'm getting it out in a few days. I have had a constant headache since I got it out in. I get dizzy spells and literally have zero energy. The only good thing is it stopped my period but I don't care it's not worth the other side effects. I can't wait to get this out!!!"

Overittt (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "From reading the reviews, I was very skeptical about getting Nexplanon because many people seemed to have a bad experience. However, so far I cannot fault it. I got mine inserted at the beginning of April, and there have been few problems since then. The first week I was very emotional and my mood swings were crazy but that settled down pretty quickly. My periods have been regular, but they last longer than they used to which is a small price to pay. At first my period lasted two weeks, but now it lasts only one. I feel happy and healthy, just as before. I was very worried about the reviews which talked about feeling down and a lowered sex drive but fortunately this hasn't been the case with me. Everybody definitely reacts differently."

AlieSparks August 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I had nexplanon in for about two years and had it removed 5 months ago, best decision I've made. For some I could see how it was awesome if it worked. For me though I had all the side effects. Acne, no sex drive, mood swings, fatigue. If you have any of these I bet it's the implant. My roommate had the same issue, no sex drive etc. got it removed all side effects went away! Feel so much better now!"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Nexplanon ruined my life. I had it implanted in October of 2015. I started bleeding two days later and I kept bleeding for five months until the gynecologist gave up trying to fix it and took it out. I was anemic and sick by the end. It was only effective birth control because it made it impossible to do the deed. Ever since then, I have had horrible periods. They stretch on and on. They start two weeks early even on the pill. I never had these problems before nexplanon. I've been on multiple different birth controls since, several different bc pills and now nuvaring. Sometimes it stops the irregular bleeding. But never for long. On July 5th I started my period. It's now August 14th. It's not stopping again. Nexplanon ruined my life."

Ladybacontots (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I had my child April 27th 2016, I had my nexplanon placed at my 6 week check up. So I've had my nexplanon in over a year. From the time it was placed to this day I have been bleeding everyday! I have horrible acne, migraines, mood swings, weight gain and NO sex drive This thing is ruining my marriage! I thought the nexplanon was going to be amazing not having to remember a pill everyday but in 2 days I'm having it removed!"

Taelor (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Right before and after getting the nexplanon I would lose sleep over reading the reviews on here. I am on a year long traveling trip and my doctor told me this would be the best option. After reading all the horrifying reviews I vowed that if I had a good experience I would come back and share since usually unhappy customers are more likely to write reviews. I think it really just depends on your body. For me so far it's been about two months and I've had zero side effects except for the fact that it took away my periods completely which exactly what I needed. Praise God! I am grateful."

Happygirl7777777 August 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on Nexplanon for almost a year and a half and I am having a love-hate relationship with it. My periods are irregular as hell. Sometimes I will have them for 4 days and then not have one for another 2 months, and sometimes I will have them for 2 weeks straight 2 months in a row. The flow of my periods vary as well. I gained about 30 pounds and am in the process of trying to get the weight back off and I am trying everything...good news is I've lost 10 pounds since I started my diet. The only thing that is making me keep this in is that 1. I have factor 5 and need progestrin only bc and 2. its very reliable and effective. I'd say its about 50-50 good vs bad. I'll post again soon :)"

Anonymous August 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This has been the worst experience on Birth Control I've had. I've had this for about 5 months and I have been bleeding everyday. I am giving it the full 7 months as recommended by my doctor, but if the bleeding doesn't stop, I'm getting it out and will not be using any BC for awhile. I haven't had headaches or mood swings, it's just the constant bleeding that is the issue."

sdpnw (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started with implanon while in high sco l& loved it. It cleared my skin, I only had 2-3 periods a year that we're very light I thought it was the best BC ever. Well when my time was up I got a new implant by that time implanon had turned into nexplanon. My Dr. put it in my arm without going over the fact that it has much more side effects, especially for me who already has anemia, low blood sugar, severe depression & anxiety, etc. Well the first year wasn't to different besides more periods that were very heavy & long. Then it all got much worst my face is full of acne that I've never ever had this bad, I'm more depressed then ever with almost constant mood swings, I have no drive, constantly fatigued I can't wait to get this thing out & get a non hormonal BC!!"

Anonymous August 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I lost a child and I'm still not sure it I will loose my wife because of this drug. One day she woke up and had vag bleeding we thought it was gone and then I noticed she was having a lot of symptoms of pregnancy we did a lot of pregnancy test all said she was pregnant. This medicine is a scam in my opinion. I'm sitting with my wife right now she is crushed again. This could very well kill her - ectopic pregnancy is what she has. Look this up if u don't believe me. I believe this is just another way people can make a dollar off an innocent. I am very annoyed to be frank and I plan to take all of this to Court if I lose the last loved one I have. I hope this can get u thinking about what ur doing with ur partner I hope this can save u"

Gage come find me August 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Had Nexplanon placed five months postpartum. Immediately after placement, I started having consistent bleeding every day (sometimes moderate, sometimes light, but every day), and my actual periods got closer and closer together (every 3 weeks at first, then every 2). After a few months, I realized that some other problems I've been experiencing can be linked to Nexplanon- anxiety/depression (it's gotten pretty bad), headaches, dizziness, fatigue (I'm more tired every day now than I was in either of my pregnancies), etc. I've been on one course of estrogen already with no improvement. My iron level is low, and overall, I feel completely unhealthy. Getting it removed this week."

JenA21 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on Nexplanon going on 10 years when it first was named implanon. I first got on in right after my daughter was born. The first time I bled a lot with backaches, but it helped maintain my weight. The second time it took away my period for the year no cramps or anything. I had mood swings terribly, but it did its job no babies. I then took it out to get pregnant with my son. The third time. I had no mood swings, no pains, period regulated to 3-5 days light with no cramps; minor breast pain, but that's how I knew my menstrual was coming in a weeks time. This is my fourth time being on it, and I still love it."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) August 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "It worked great far as not getting pregnant for 3 years, but I dealt with a lot of side effects: depression, mood swings, change of appetite, back pain, headache, an increase of discharge, and irregular periods"

Shortyg August 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "The good: improved the severity of my cramps, lessened the frequency of my periods, didn't get any mood swings or acne side effects, very convenient, don't have to remember to take a pill, didn't hurt putting it in, lasts 3 years The bad: I have no idea if this is actually an effective birth control because my sex drive has literally been nonexistent for the past 3 years. I am not attracted to anyone, romantically or sexually, and I am actually repulsed by the idea of sex. I am basically asexual. Also, my periods decreased in frequency but they became very unreliable to track and sometimes would last 2 weeks or more"

Spljax (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've had nexplana for 7 months now, it's been working great. The only complain would be the bleeding. My period comes crazy and can last a whole month. I know other girls who have had it for a year and told me that their bleeding stopped completely. They said to wait it out and the bleeding will stop. So I'm hoping for the best. I took birth control pills to stop the break through bleeding and that worked."

Beeellly August 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "To start: I have menstrual migraines because I create too much estrogen. I cannot use birthcontrol that contains estrogen. I chose to get Nexplanon 7 weeks after having my first baby. Before I had the baby, I had an IUD which I LOVED, but the process of getting it implanted was extremely painful because I have a tilted uterus. So I decided to try Nexplanon. I've had this in for about a year during which I've basically NEVER stopped bleeding. Very light mostly - can wear a liner. But it NEVER stops. Extremely low sex drive. Moody. Told by doc this would all stop after "some time". Planning to get it removed soon. I will never use this form of BC again - I don't care that it's the most effective on the market; side effects are miserable."

deebelle500 August 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I loved this thing. I kept it for a year. I suffer from endometriosis, and this little dude kept me almost period free. I would have a period for a couple of weeks every few months, but it was very light spotting with absolutely no cramps. Switching from the pill to this was seamless, and I loved it. Insertion didn't hurt, and the bruise after didn't either. However, over the course of the year I had it, I gained almost 25 pounds with no lifestyle changes, and my breasts constantly hurt and change sizes. I have bad acne which isn't really new, but still inconvenient. I've had unprotected sex at least three times a week since I got it, and haven't gotten pregnant or really worried about it. The weight gain and sore breasts are really enough."

Luckylooloo (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Here's the run down of my experience with nexplanon. Have had it a couple months shy of a year. Month one- this is great, haven't had any side effects, can't even tell this thing is in my arm. Month 2- k theres some spotting throughout the month, but I was warned that might be a side effect and didn't have my period the first month, still okay though. Every month after that- ok I've made several trips to Victoria secret/pink spending hundreds of dollars because all my underwear have been ruined. If you think you have a safe day where you can wear cute panties, YOU DON'T. Pretty sure I'm gonna need a blood transfusion soon. My mood is fine one minute, the next I don't want to be touched, talked to, or even looked at. DON'T GET THIS."

Jen15887 August 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on the implant for 5 days now and started to have constant headache with face and body tingling , itching and whole body aches Hope it goes soon"

Mel c August 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This is my 2nd time around with the neplanon. And I have to say the 1st time around (3 years) it was great. But the 2nd time I got extreme acne and acne scaring. I am going to get it removed and try something different."

Xoxtina August 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've had this form of bc 4 years now. About one year after using this product I started having mood swings feeling so weak and tired,but never thought about my Nexplanon having to be the blame! Making an appointment next week to have it removed!! I use to never take a nap after work now just about everyday I feel awful if I don't lay day to nap I fell sick to the stomach..I really want to feel like myself again..I would not recommend this BC"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on Nexplanon for 1 year and I love it!! I have a period once every 2 months, it lasts 6-7 days but it's very light (spotting) not even enough to wear a tampon I just use a pantie liner and I'm good to go. It it very effective against pregnancy, I have had intercourse several times with no protection other than Nexplanon and have had NO PROBLEMS with it. I get a bunch of those cheap pregnancy tests to make sure I'm not pregnant and I never am! I plan to get it put back in after my 3 years is up"

Steph98 August 5, 2017