User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel

Also known as: Alesse, Alesse-21, Alesse-28, Altavera, Amethia, Amethia Lo, Amethyst, Ashlyna, Aubra, Aviane, Camrese, CamreseLo, Chateal, Daysee, Delyla, ...show all 58 brand names

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel.

Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel Rating Summary

4.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 144 medications used in the treatment of Abnormal Uterine Bleeding.

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel to treat Abnormal Uterine Bleeding

Seasonale (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel): "I started taking Seasonale 3 months ago as my previous birth control medication was no longer effective. I take it to regulate my periods as they never regulated on their own. Everything was going well (no pain or abnormal bleeding) until this past week when I got my period while taking the week of inactive pills. I have recently suffered 48 hours of intense breast pain and swelling (way worse than "tenderness") where the pain hits in waves and makes it nearly impossible to do anything. I am exhausted from being in this much pain. I have also experienced my left breast "leaking" for most of the day which is really uncomfortable. My body now thinks it is pregnant which is something I should not have to deal with. Not taking this again."

Yujie (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 17, 2016

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel): "I've been taking Lutera for Dilated veins in uterus (PVC) i've been on it for about 3 months to ease cramps & decrease bleeding, but it hasn't really done either. During the first month of the pill, I bled daily so I didn't necessarily have a period. I also gained about 5 pounds within 2 weeks, became extremely moody & still had issues with cramps. Month 2, I still experienced a lot of spotting, but it would be supressed for about a day or two, then continue for a week. I actually had a lighter period & some of the cramping was eased, but the weight gain & moodiness came with depression, lack of energy & made my skin breakout (seeing I never really had acne issues). I'm almost done with my 3rd pack & I plan to switch pills once I'm able to visit my doctor again."

mymymy937 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 11, 2016

Jolessa (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel): "Started taking this pill 3 months ago. Worked fine the first month. No spotting or anything, now I'm on month 3 and I have been on a heavy flow peorid for 3 weeks. Acne is acting out. And massive weight gain. Used to weigh 120 and now I weigh 134. Do not recommend this drug"

Brookeghh July 10, 2016

Seasonique (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel): "Worst bc I've ever taken. I thought it be nice to be able to skip my period so my doctor prescribed me this. I get breakouts bad worse then if I'm not even on bc. I also get spotting and full blown periods way before the inactive pills. I'm on 3rd pack 1st week and having my period. I ordered new bc hopefully it comes soon. I wouldn't recommend this bc at all"

Kristigold76 June 18, 2016

Levora (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel): "I went on this pill to help control my insane periods and help with my acne. I'm quite young, and my periods would last from 7-10 days. my periods would be so bad that I would throw up, not be able to walk, and faint. So I decided to go on birth control to lighten my periods. my doctor told me to skip the placebo pills every month for 4 months. after the fourth month I got my period, and it made the cramping and blood flow EVEN WORSE! I also went on it to help with acne, and I can say that it has possibly made my acne worse. before going on the pill I rarely got large, hard pimples on my cheeks, and now thats a regular occurrence. if you're like me, I wouldn't recommend this pill!!"

cawwwww (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 15, 2016

Seasonique (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel): "I wanted to try seasonique for the 4 periods a year. On my 1st month I started bleeding on the 3 week and still bleeding 3 weeks later. The bleeding is really annoying and doesn't seem to be letting up. It's thicker consistency and small clots. I will give this a little more time but so far I'm not happy at all!! After reading other comments it seems more bleeding is expected then what's advertised! :("

38 year old (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2016

Seasonique (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel): "Where do I start? First pack was great. No spotting until the very end of the second month, then full blown period during the middle of the third month of my first pack (three months of pills per pack, just to clarify). So, I thought I should go ahead and start my second three month pack and treat it like I'm having my period even though it technically was too early. Well, I haven't stopped bleeding for about a month now and the bleeding has gotten worse, passing huge clots and all of the lovely things that go along with that. Called my doctor and she said to stop and start taking a monophasic BC pill and that should stop the bleeding and get my uterus back to normal. Hoping this will work and won't have an eternal period!"

Alzhcare (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 19, 2016

Seasonale (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel): "I started the Seasonal Pill because the heavy bleeding caused me to become very anemic to the place I had to get iron infusions. It does make me crave everything, my sex drive is going down a little and I have been bleeding for a while. It went from using a pantie liner to using pads and I'm not even thru my thrid pack of pills. Not sure If I can handle the bleeding like this. And lets's not mention the cramps. I have never in my life had cramps like this like someone is on the inside of me scraping out my inside. I don't think I can hang."

Nochie (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 9, 2016

Sronyx (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel): "I had a severe reaction to this medication. I will never recommend this to anyone!! Severe acne all over my face, neck, chest, & back. I gained 6 lbs in the first week, and then 3 more the next week. I had a headache that never went away."

MAS13 April 23, 2016

"I have anemia and my primary thought she would aid with the anemia be prescribing Camrese to shorten the amount of periods that I have. I thought that would be a Great idea since they, my periods, are a little heavy even with BC. Well the first pack was GREAT. The second pack started of good but by the middle I started spotting. I figured no big deal until I did not stop spotting. I saw my gyne after 2.5 weeks of spotting. She said oh this is your first round. Stick it out and it will be better next round. Well..... Its not! Its the exact same. I have bled more on this than on a monthly pill. I have officially stopped using this pill and I'm waiting for the breakthrough bleeding to end so that I can go back to a normal pill."

sleepless in chicago (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 12, 2016

"I first was prescribed this for my irregularly long painful periods, I would bleed for months without stopping. This first helped an enormous amount. I have been taking this for around 2 years and over this 2 years I have gained 30 lbs. Recently I have experienced random bleeding when any pressure is applied to my abdominal area. Although it works at stopping getting pregnant, you get what you want out of this bc it's not worth what comes with it."

Tariccg February 29, 2016

Seasonique (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel): "Started spotting 3rd week starting seasonique generic camrese. Bleeding was very minimal spotting the first week. But I am now on my 9 th day and started passing clots. My periods before starting seasonique were at most 5-6 days long I've never in my life experience bleeding for so long. I started this bc in hopes of not having so many periods and since I was very irregular I wanted to control it. Only thing so far I've experienced is more bleeding!!! I'm getting married in 3 months what am I supposed to do if this bleeding doesn't stop?! Does anyone suggestions? Otherwise I'm thinking of just stopping altogether"

Notsohappy February 27, 2016

"I've been taking Camrese for almost 6 months and have had nothing but problems. I went on birth control because I had very irregular periods like sometimes a year apart. So I wanted to regulate them so I knew when they were coming. I never had a lot of acne before and ever since taking Camrese my skin has been terrible. Like no matter what I do it doesn't clear up. I'm bleeding all the time basically for the 3 months with a couple days off. I can't wait to finish this cycle and either get off birth control completely or switch to a new one because this has made me miserable. Plus the mood swings on it have been ridiculous as well."

Tayyyyylor February 10, 2016

Falmina (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel): "I've been on this for I think four months now? Before taking it I had a weird issue where I had spotting that lasted for months. By my first week on Falmina, the weird spotting went away. However, I started bleeding a few days before my first round of placebos, and then my first period on the pills was absolute hell. I missed classes due to excruciating cramps and uncontrollable bleeding. I used both NyQuil and Tylenol but still rolled with pain for the better part of a week. Despite that, every month since has been absolutely lovely. Since starting Falmina, my libido has risen considerably, which is nice for both me and my partner. On top of that, the pills have fixed the issue that I originally took them for. A (except the bad period)"

Dirkie (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 9, 2016

"I have received this pill back in November, I started bleeding on November 23 (about 2 weeks after starting it). I have been nonstop bleeding ever since. ALMOST 3 MONTHS. This is ridiculous. I take it at the same time everyday. It was prescribed to me to help me with my ovarian cyst and it caused even more pain than before. I am switching this pill ASAP, it is junk!"

LindseySurfield February 3, 2016

Levora (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel): "I went from being a positive, upbeat, never cry type person. I'm stopping it today because I have been having suicidal thoughts, huge bouts of rage, self harming behavior, anxiety, extreme irritability and horrible feelings of being worthless. I have NEVER felt like that before until I took this for 8 months . DO NOT TAKE THIS DRUG"

Samjk94 February 2, 2016

Quasense (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel): "I was prescribed this medication to slow down the rate of growth for my large fibriods and to reduce cramping. Here is how it has been thus far. Weeks 1-3: Very normal. no bleeding, no mood swings, no weight gain etc. Weeks 4-5: very small old blood spotting. One panty liner a day is all I needed. Weeks 6: mix of old blood and fresh blood. no cramps. Weeks 7-8: Heavy flow with very intense cramps. This is where I am currently at and I am not sure if I want to continue this medication. My cramps are more intense than when I was not on the medication. Not to mention, I've been bleeding fresh blood for three weeks straight. I want to stick it out in order to give a full analysis of this medication, but I am not sure it is worth it."

dipsets January 6, 2016

Seasonique (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel): "I have been on this pill for 5 weeks. I started it the 3rd day of my period as my Dr instructed. It seemed to make my period go away! That was nice. I have consistently taken the pill every morning at approx the same time. I have not spotted at all. I have not been on any pill in at least 15 years. I'm 35 with heavy periods and cramps and taking it just for that. As my cycle is around 35 days I'm anxious to see if it shows up or if this pill is already working! I hope it's working because I've been a hormonal mess and my skin has been breaking out. Pros and cons are currently even."

Aos (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 29, 2015

Alesse (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel): "My periods have been getting very heavy as I've been getting older (just turned 40). I was told to start the pack on The Sunday I started my period, so was on my 3rd day. Every day since then I've been bleeding various amounts, and some days have had mild cramps. Hoping by the second trial pack this stops. 1 week of heavy period is better than everyday of the month bleeding. My libido is lower, but not sure if that's the medicine or the fact I'm bleeding daily :("

Snowball999 (taken for less than 1 month) December 27, 2015

Quasense (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel): "I took Quasense as prescribed for less than 2 months. I had a life threatening Pulmonary Embolism. Almost all tests are complete and all specialists say it is caused by the birth control. Please be careful if you are taking hormonal birth control, please ask your Doctor to do a clot risk assessment on you and KNOW THE SYMPTOMS of DVT/PE. I went to the ER with chest pain, cough and shortness of breath. I was told if I had not gone I would be dead. Just be careful. Estrogen can increase your risk of blood clots. Know the risks, know the symptoms."

Starfish81 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 9, 2015

"I didn't go on this pill as a birth control method. I needed something to regulate my very very heavy painful menstrual period. However I feel like seasonique is making me crazy. I cry all the time for no reason. My boyfriend rolled his eyes at me because I wouldn't look at a bug he found and I cried. A girl got voted off the tv show cupcake wars that I liked, and yes there I am sobbing like crazy. Little things like that have made me so emotional and depressed. I'm on the first month so I am going to continue my 3 month pack but I rather bleed heavy with cramps then feel like I am crazy."

Ceciliap December 3, 2015

"I'm truly convinced if I continued this medication, it would have killed me. I suffered from horrible headaches everyday taking the pill, I was not myself with bad mood swings, and had episodes of fainting while taking this. I also had clear skin prior to starting this pill and broke out with cystic acne all over my body that resulted in expensive treatments from the dermatologist to correct. I would not recommend to anyone, even though everyone reacts differently, this was the worst experience I have had."

BA2015 December 2, 2015

Seasonique (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel): "I've been on the pill for a little over a month and I'm stopping. I'm extremely anemic and I asked my doc for this to help with my periods. They were getting increasingly heavy and painful and making my anemia worse. I started taking the generic of this pill and in 1 month gained 10 pounds. Then I started spotting and got a full blown period month 1. This period is heavier than normal and has zapped me of all my energy. It has lasted 7 days of constant normal to heavy bleeding that doesn't seem like its going to stop. The blood is still fresh bright red so it doesn't looking like its stopping soon. Also this week of bleeding has made me extremely emotional. I almost quit my job! I feel very angry, irritated, annoyed, depressed."

Royalq October 31, 2015

Seasonique (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel): "I am on my 2nd pack on my third month of pills. I have been on the generic brand of seasonique called Ashlyna starting on my 6 months. the first month as soon as I started I thought it was going to be awesome. by the second month I started bleeding and bled like a heavy period for a little over 3 weeks. called my doctor she said that my body just had to get used to it. the third month just fine and the 4th month as well. The fifth month I started spotting here and there but nothing serious.Now I am starting on my 6 month and on the last pack and I have been spotting since October 6 and just got a heavy period today and I am not due for a period till 3 more weeks. I am going to wait it out and see what happens. good luck everyone."

Shelly3215 October 30, 2015

Seasonique (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel): "This BC was great for the first pack then I started bleeding non stop heavy. Bleeding stopped as soon as I quit taking it!! Never again!!!"

Fedup23 October 21, 2015