User Reviews for Seasonique

Learn more about Seasonique.

Ovarian Cysts 5 reviews 55 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 51 reviews 169 medications

3.6
Summary of Seasonique reviews 265 reviews 5.7

Reviews for Seasonique

For Birth Control "I have suffered from incredibly awful menstrual migraines while on the "inactive" break pills with every brand of birth control, for years. The low dose estrogen break pills with seasonique have saved my life! Zero headaches and lighter periods. I can't believe I suffered all these years. 10/10 recommend!"

MissB9w July 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "After years of trying bc pills to regulate my hormones and try to stop crippling daily migraines & vomiting I tried Seasonique . For the first time I've been migraine free since I started . It also stopped the bleeding I'd had for weeks. I finally am able to normal things like clean my home without feeling faint n puking. I am happy and pain free. No migraines no painful bloating. I was about ready to give up on life . I had zero hope. I finally feel what it's like to be normal & not constantly ill."

Jenn411 (taken for less than 1 month) July 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I spent 2 years on this medication. 2 years of my life I'll never get back. I thought the crippling exhaustion, anger, anxiety and depression were from being a working mom of a young child. For 2 years I had no libido, no desire to do anything other than sit on my couch. Cooking, cleaning, and simple things like playing with my child were nearly impossible. After a day at work I was too mentally fatigued to do anything. Less than a month back on loestrin and it's like a light switch has been flipped. I'd rather bleed monthly and be happy."

PixieQ June 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This is the only birth control I've been on and I have been on this now for four years. What a life saver. I have hardly no cramps at all. I had to stop taking this for a little bit because I was spotting."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I'm 38 years old and perimenopausal. I started this pill to regulate my horrific bleeding and cramping. The first two months were AWESOME, but since that time I have been bleeding for six weeks straight. My doctor advised that I skip the sugar pills and try a couple more weeks of the second pack and see if my cycle regulates. Into the second week of the second pack and I'm still currently bleeding and cramping and am stopping this medication today. Also I gained 10 pounds, feel "blue", randomly cry for no reason and have had extreme mood swings. I would not recommend seasonique or any generic equivalent of this drug. My next step is an ablation procedure. : ("

Nottttt happy June 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ovarian Cysts "I have been taking Seasonique 10 years now. I got put on it when I was 15 due to huge Ovarian Cyst and very bad periods that made me super sick! I've had no issue with this medication at all, until the beginning of 2016- now I have had no period. Every 3 months I get the symptoms of a period but never bleed. But I have been fine on this medication. I recommend it to anyone!"

Tabbi11 May 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I couldn't be on this pill for more than three days. I started taking it because I liked the thought of only having a period once every three months. Almost immediately I got extremely exhausted, nauseous, fluctuating body temperatures, overwhelming sadness, a heavy feeling in my chest, and on the third day I had a panic attack at work so I decided to stop taking it. I felt 100x better when I woke up this morning after not taking it last night. I know you're supposed to give it time to work but I have never reacted that horribly to birth control before."

Alysharj May 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I've been on this pill for almost a year. The first nine months (three cycles) went by without any issues. I was put on it because I get sick every time I get my period and my cramps are terrible. Half way through my eleventh month, I got my period, but I figured it was just spotting, so I continued to take the normal pill. Almost six week later, I'm still bleeding, and I've felt faint the past few days. This is hell. I'm switching off of it next week."

anonymouswriter (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been taking this pill for two months, my first birth control I've ever been on, at first it was okay and it definitely cleared up my skin, bloating was expected but not wanted. I also experienced a lot of vaginal discharge. Now that I'm in the second month, however, I have begun cramping on top of the discharging. Sort of scary when you look up "cramping on the pill" and all the links have the title "signs of early pregnancy" :/"

ParanoidPansi May 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was on this birth control for over 4 years. I had to stop in October because I changed health insurance so I decided to let my body have a little rest before going on a new one. It has been 6 months and I have not gotten a period since stopping the birth control. Before I went on it I had regular monthly cycles, but this birth control messed everything up. Also, about 3 years into taking the pills I started to develop scarring cystic acne that hasn't gone away even after stopping. This birth control clearly did something to my hormones that I am hoping could be reversed. The only reason why I am giving it any stars is because while I was on it I didn't have any side effects and periods were super light (when I got them)"

saraaaa123 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was on this birth control for about a year and I don't know why I waited so long to get off of it. I had cyctic acne all over my face (I used to never break out before this pill) and I lost 20 pounds. I'm not a big girl in the first place but this pill got me down to 90 pounds because of the severe nausea. Also, I was moody the entire time I was on it. Went on ortho tri Cyclen and it saved my life."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Endometriosis "First 2 months of taking it I didn't stop bleeding, gained 10 lb (been 125 lbs for the past 10 years) got zits! (Maybe had 5 zits in my whole life) then started this pill and I'm a bloated, bloody, zitty beast! I through the pills in the trash today. Enough is enough! Horrible medication"

Harderwifey (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Like Most women today, irregular periods are a headache ..... so I talked to my doctor about birth control options and we decided to try Teva aka Seasonique.... worst decisions I have made regarding medication. First 2-3 days on the pill were normal after that, it was absolute hell. Spotting consistently, very moody- ready to take my boyfriends head off for no reason, migraines that make it hard to function and fatigue from another world ! I stopped this birth control 2 days ago all the symptoms aside from the spotting are gone. I would not recommend this birth control to my worst enemy. Please discuss other birth control options with your doctor and read other reviews! Always important to listen to your body, do not ignore it!"

NotSoHappy (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "If I could give this birth control a 0 I would because of the side effects. I have been on it for almost 3 months and I have developed horrible acne all over my chin and side of my cheek. It is red, bumpy, and painful. Makeup won't even cover it effectively. It looks like I have some sort of skin disease. Nothing helps it to go away. I am intensely moody all the time and cry almost daily. I have constant bloating and seem to be gaining weight even though I have not changed my diet or exercise amount. Stopping this immediately and going back to Tri-cyclen. I wish I had never taken this."

SarahEm1212 March 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started using Seasonique as both a treatment for my PCOS as well as a birth control option. Before using Seasonique I lived with an almost constant period that would last for months at a time. It was a saving grace when I started using seasonique and it instantly "turned off the tap"! For two months I am period free then about mid way through the third month I start spotting until I start my new pack. This is a huge improvement to what I'm used to (used to be heavy flow and all the time) and it's given me a new found sense of freedom. I did NOT experience any hair loss and actually lost weight. It also helped immensely with my cystic acne. Altogether it's been a fantastic experience!"

Emma1724 March 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was on Seasonique for a little over 2 weeks, I developed a blood clot about halfway through that time from it, I didn't know it until it started hurting. I'm not trying to scare the rest of you ladies!I just wanted to say ,pay VERY close attention to your body when you start this therapy. Especially your limbs. Report any pain, swelling, aching or burning sensations in your arms or legs ASAP to your doctors or go to the nearest emergency room!"

Anonymous March 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I started taking these pills January 12,2017 bc I didn't won't to deal with having a period anymore...the worst mistake do not take! My hormones are jacked up. I'm am very moody my appetite is crazy I have gain 10 pounds and also I been bleeding for 3 weeks straight. My Dr told me to continue to take but I will not take this med - he even tried change the dosage and give me some menopause meds. I said I'm not taking any of that meds it had me so messed up bad. I'm am bleeding so much from my uterus. They are recommending that I have Nova Sure surgery done. I will keep u post but beware this birth control is not good at all these. reviews are truth."

KatrinaT34 February 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Love this! I have been on this pill for years now and it is amazing. I use to have heavy bleeding and horrible cramps and this pill has stopped it for me. Due to being anemic and having endometriosis I am set to have my period every 6 months and I never spot in between. This pill is definitely for people who's body can handle going long terms with out a menstrual period. And you have to follow directions, taking the pill the same exact time every day and never missing a pill. Its the only way it will work properly"

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I wish I would have read these comments prior to me starting this pill. THIS HAS BEEN THE WORST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE!! I have been bleeding and passing EXTREMELY LARGE blood clots for 13 days. It started 2 days into my second pack. The pain is severe almost mirroring labor pains with abdominal contractions everytime I pass a clot. I stopped the pill and bleeding continues to get worse. Avoid this pill like the plague!!"

Disappointed x infinity February 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "My GP recommended Seasonique because I was anemic and experiencing very heavy blood flow each month. In the year that I took this medication, I felt depressed and even suicidal at the beginning; gained weight as expected and had a hard time losing weight while on it. At the end of the first 3 months, the flow was heavy for 8 days! I kept with it in spite of menstrual cramps, higher appetite, heavy bleeding when I had my period and really annoying mood swings. After one year I decided to stop because it's easier to take iron supplements than take this pill. With 2 children and at peri-menopause age, I wouldn't recommend this product to any woman at any stage of life. Too unpredictable and not worth the unseen side effects."

Crys01 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on this BC for a little over a year now. First few packs were awesome! No mood swings, no break through bleeding, period always on time, smooth sailing.. My last two packs have been a nightmare. I'm moody, I'm getting break through bleeding often and it actually scares me because I always think something is wrong if I'm bleeding and it's not time for my period... and my period was over a week late on my last pack. My period isn't due to come for another 3 weeks now but I'm currently bleeding. Not happy. Will definitely be seeing my doctor about a new pill. Maybe my body has decided it's not strong enough anymore."

Bloodytired (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Endometriosis "I started seasonique due to my endometriosis & my Dr wanted to stop my periods. I started the pill on 10/15 didn't bleed from then to 11/26 then I started spotting at first then this turned into red heavy bleeding from then on. After failed attempts of trying to call & get into see my Dr. after 18 days of bleeding I went to the ER where they did nothing but a pregnancy test & some regular blood work, that came back normal, and told me I had dysfunctional uterine bleeding due to endometriosis! I then called my Dr again after telling them I went to the ER they then were able to get me in 5 days later at this time I've been 23 days after an examination the Dr wants me to stay on seasonique for 7 more days taking it not once but three times a day!"

PME 84 December 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Endometriosis "I gave this a 1 only because 0 was not an option. Of course, everyone has their own experiences and will react differently to this birth control pill. I highly recommend to everyone to read reviews online and DO YOUR RESEARCH because I didn't and I blindly trusted my doctor. Unlike most people, I did not need this pill for the purpose of birth control but to simply avoid my period for 1 WEEK in December, as I am going away on vacation. I went to see my doctor for contraception to avoid my period for that one week in the upcoming December and she immediately prescribed seasonique. I checked with her again asking what was the use of starting in October, but she convinced me that it was my best option as I would have no bleeding until January."

236 December 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Gained a lot of weight on this pill. I'm always hungry. Absolutely no sex drive, which puts strain on the relationship. I'm on my last row of pills of the 3rd month and still no period. I'm fixed so I know I'm not pregnant. I will be stopping this pill once I'm done with this last pack."

RachelLee November 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been taking Seasonique for almost 10 years. I've tried the shot and nexplanon and I hands down prefer Seasonique. I don't think I could ever go back to having a monthly cycle. I haven't noticed any major side effects. I do suffer from migraines; however, I had migraines even when I wasn't taking Seasonique so I don't think the two are connected."

Anonymous November 15, 2016