User Reviews for Seasonique

Learn more about Seasonique.

Ovarian Cysts 4 reviews 55 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 41 reviews 162 medications

3.6
Summary of Seasonique reviews 233 reviews 5.7

Reviews for Seasonique

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome "My journey with this BC has been extremely rough, but worth it! I have been diagnosed with PCOS, GERD, IBS - D, generalized anxiety disorder, PTSD, and manic depressive disorder. My gynecologist instructed me to give it 6 months before discontinuing. The first 2 weeks were normal. Then I had spotting for 4 weeks straight. I could deal with that. I figured I hadn't had my period in months due to PCOS so it would take time to regulate. At the 6 week mark I got the heaviest menses of my life with extreme cramping. Ended up in ER twice. Had my period for 12 weeks straight. Off for 3 weeks, back on for 4 weeks. And then it started working normally. Now I have no symptoms at all and get my period every 3 months like clockwork!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 18, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "So after having my second child and finishing nursing I was having major cramping the week of my period. Not debilitating, but extremely uncomfortable. My obgyn recommended seasonique more for hormone control than for birth control. I tried it and absolutely loved it for the 65 days. Then my period started earlier than I'd anticipated, but no big deal, right? I'm currently on day 18 of my period. Aside from the cramps and some genera moodiness my periods before lasted 4 days and weren't a big deal. I've now bought stock in tampax and Kotex. It'll lighten up and then wham! Called my doctor and she's switching me back to loestrin which previously did nothing to help with the cramps and moodiness, but at this point I'll take it!"

MotherOfTwoBoys September 16, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been taking this birth control for nearly 6 months. My new obgyn told me to stop taking it because of my blood pressure as it rose since I started this pill. I also gained 18lbs on this pill. I even changed my eating to eating healthier which didn't affect my weight. I also got a shorter temper on these pills. I also have almost constant breakthrough bleeding with mucus probably 3-5 days a week"

Jess01902 September 11, 2016

For Birth Control "This caused Chronic hives and itching"

Debonako (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 9, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on my period for 3 weeks now and there are no signs of it stopping any time soon. Other than that I haven't had any problems with it."

Kmwc (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 2, 2016

For Endometriosis "When I was 22 I found out I had endometriosis and my doctor recommended this to regulate my periods. I was giving samples since I didn't have any insurance I took it for two years until they no longer had anymore sample and I still didn't have any insurance and was unable to pay for it. I absolutely loved being on this it was so nice having a period that only lasted three days and only four periods a year. Yes when u first start taking it u do have some breakthrough bleeding which is annoying but stick with it because once ur over that is great. Now I'm back on it and my periods last a max of two days. I love it and so much less pain from endometriosis"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 28, 2016

For Birth Control "This pill was prescribed to me because I get menstrual migraines. While it has worked for that & kept my skin clear from the cystic pimples I would occasionally get, it has raised my blood pressure & made me gain at least 15 pounds now over 3 years. & still gaining. When will it stop? Obviously not until I stop taking it. I don't eat any more than I ever have, appetite feels the same yet this weight is somewhere on me. I am very unhappy with it. I feel bloated constantly & no matter how much I work out or how much water I drink I cannot lose any weight. Seriously considering ditching this medication & just dealing with the migraines another way. If you have started this med & are gaining weight caution-if will not stop."

Solochic (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 20, 2016

For Birth Control "Gain weight so much, feels like I'm always hungry.... Waited too long to switch I was 123lbs now 151 ......."

Alexinaaaaaaa (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 6, 2016

For Birth Control "Although I loved the fact that this drug allowed me to have fewer periods, however the affect it had extreme mood swings, decrease sex drive, my personailty and my appetite was astronomical."

Moody Mya (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 6, 2016

For Birth Control "I took this BC for about 5 years it was absolutely amazing for the first four years, with the exception of having spotting here or there but once we got through about 3-6 months that ended and only getting my period ever three months was AMAZING! I had a very light period with little to no cramps while on this pill. About a year ago I stopped taking it after having been on it for close to 5 years. I went on vacation and continued to take my pill at the same time every day and I had my period for the ENTIRE three weeks I was gone. A very heavy and painful period too which was completely abnormal. I also completely lost my sex drive before stopping using this and have now stopped taking it and I am honestly scared to experiment with new pills"

Stephiepieee July 20, 2016

For Birth Control "My experience with this pill is 50/50...I love only having my period every 3 months but I spotted for months when I started, have lots of headaches, my breasts are bigger and I gained weight."

Lynnypooh July 20, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on seasonique for about a month and a week. I had no bleeding or spotting when first taking this. Which from reviews I've read im worried if thats normal. I do have trouble taking it on time but do pretty well for the most part. I have experienced nausea and alot of fatigue. Im tired ALOT! i took a pregnancy test after the first 3 weeks and it was negative. I just took it to make sure. Being tired with nausea does make me nervous with this new birth control. But so far it has been pretty good to me. I hope this is helpful for other women who are on this medication. These other reviews have helped me! Thank you ladies!"

Metalbarbie June 30, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Worst bc I've ever taken. I thought it be nice to be able to skip my period so my doctor prescribed me this. I get breakouts bad worse then if I'm not even on bc. I also get spotting and full blown periods way before the inactive pills. I'm on 3rd pack 1st week and having my period. I ordered new bc hopefully it comes soon. I wouldn't recommend this bc at all"

Kristigold76 June 18, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I wanted to try seasonique for the 4 periods a year. On my 1st month I started bleeding on the 3 week and still bleeding 3 weeks later. The bleeding is really annoying and doesn't seem to be letting up. It's thicker consistency and small clots. I will give this a little more time but so far I'm not happy at all!! After reading other comments it seems more bleeding is expected then what's advertised! :("

38 year old (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2016

For Birth Control "I had the WORST experience with this BC. I started to take it after i had my daughter i thought this is great a period every 4 months! NEGATIVE this was horrible. When i did get my period i was in a lot of pain. I had mood swings, depression, gained about 40 pounds, and had constant discharge. i wouldn't recommend this to my worst enemy"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 22, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Where do I start? First pack was great. No spotting until the very end of the second month, then full blown period during the middle of the third month of my first pack (three months of pills per pack, just to clarify). So, I thought I should go ahead and start my second three month pack and treat it like I'm having my period even though it technically was too early. Well, I haven't stopped bleeding for about a month now and the bleeding has gotten worse, passing huge clots and all of the lovely things that go along with that. Called my doctor and she said to stop and start taking a monophasic BC pill and that should stop the bleeding and get my uterus back to normal. Hoping this will work and won't have an eternal period!"

Alzhcare (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 19, 2016

For Birth Control "Started Seasonique about a year and a half ago. Had some spotting for the fist six months and then it tapered off. The first period I had on it was excruciatingly painful. Felt like I was constantly getting stabbed. The first time I felt those cramps I dropped to the floor for a bit. I decided to weather it out and continued taking the pill. Worked great for about a year but then started getting random spotting that lasted for 3 weeks. Have switched to another BCP now. As far as I know, it worked pretty well at preventing pregnancy. I took it around the same time every day. I never really missed any days so I can't relay any experiences about that."

eleetee (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 10, 2016

For Birth Control "I would absolutely recommend seasonique! I have been on this pill for close to 5 years if not longer and I have had no bad experiences other than a little weight gain (about 10lbs) but that is to be expected. I take my pill at the same time every day and have never had any spotting at all. My periods are less than 5 days and sometimes last only 2-3 days and I have little to no cramps!"

Blondie 76 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 20, 2016

For Birth Control "This birth control makes me incredibly nauseous. I had to miss a day of work due to the nausea. I have been on birth control in the past and realize taking it in the evening is the best choice but that does not help. I also take it with food and I am still nauseous. I feel like I have morning sickness all over again from my pregnancy. Switching pills....enough said."

Jam84 March 24, 2016

For Birth Control "On week 3 of taking this pill. i dont know how i will tolerate it for 2 more months. we'll see if i can stick it out. am taking this as part of addressing anemia resulting from several fibroids. I will give it 2 more weeks, but have severe cramps, so bad that i have left work early, which is why i am on this to begin with.....for heavy bleeding and pain."

strongcoffee March 18, 2016

For Birth Control "It's birth control and I feel with every birth control I have had, I have similar side effects - low sex drive, about 10 pounds weight gain that WILL NOT go away (workout 6 days a week & eat paleo). But, it works in controlling my endometriosis pain and my periods only last about 4-5 days. If you start spotting, stop taking the pill and have a period! That's how you get it to stop. I have been taking this for 10 years and I take it at the same time and still have spotting, but that's just when happens when you try to tell your body to stop a natural process. If you have endometriosis, I recommend this pill OTHERWISE get a regular, 1 month pill which will give you less side effects while still working at a method of contraceptive."

AMFrenz March 14, 2016

For Ovarian Cysts "I love Seasonique! I have been using it for about 4 years. I was diagnosed with extremely painful ovarian cysts in 2012 and my obgyn suggested I take hormones. When she said I could take a scripT where I would only have 4 periods a YEAR I jumped at it. I noticed a difference right away. The only problem with this is I have A LOT, pretty much constant vaginal discharge (due to the progesterone). It's clear and watery. But this is manageable for me and for all the benefits of the pill for me: worth it. I love the fact that I only have 4 periods a year. And insurance (BCBS) covers 100% of the cost for me!"

Annabella98 (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 5, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Started spotting 3rd week starting seasonique generic camrese. Bleeding was very minimal spotting the first week. But I am now on my 9 th day and started passing clots. My periods before starting seasonique were at most 5-6 days long I've never in my life experience bleeding for so long. I started this bc in hopes of not having so many periods and since I was very irregular I wanted to control it. Only thing so far I've experienced is more bleeding!!! I'm getting married in 3 months what am I supposed to do if this bleeding doesn't stop?! Does anyone suggestions? Otherwise I'm thinking of just stopping altogether"

Notsohappy February 27, 2016

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome "Two weeks after beginning Seasonique, I began developing severe cramps and heavy bleeding. I went to the doctor who prescribed it to me and he told me to wait it out and to continue taking it. However, about a week later, I was in such severe pain (and extremely nauseous) that I had to be taken to the emergency room. The ER doc said that my symptoms were likely due to the birth control pill, as the body can take two to three months to adjust to it. However, she advised me to stop the pill because I had been bleeding for three weeks and was having severe cramps (worse than my usual periods). I would not recommend this pill to anyone, and I don't know if I'd ever be willing to try another birth control pill again after this awful experience."

CaroD February 8, 2016

For Birth Control "An incredible birth control. Do not be turned off by people saying they bled or spotted for weeks or months - this is only because it must be started at a specific point in your cycle. It stopped my period for three months without any spotting until it was finally due. My only complaint is that the bleeding lasted a few days longer than usual, but that is it. I didn't even experience the horrible cramps I previously did. An excellent birth control I recommend for both regulating/stopping your period and as an actual birth control."

taja27 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 4, 2016