User Reviews for Seasonique

Learn more about Seasonique.

Ovarian Cysts 4 reviews 55 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 45 reviews 169 medications

3.5
Summary of Seasonique reviews 246 reviews 5.6

Reviews for Seasonique

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "My GP recommended Seasonique because I was anemic and experiencing very heavy blood flow each month. In the year that I took this medication, I felt depressed and even suicidal at the beginning; gained weight as expected and had a hard time losing weight while on it. At the end of the first 3 months, the flow was heavy for 8 days! I kept with it in spite of menstrual cramps, higher appetite, heavy bleeding when I had my period and really annoying mood swings. After one year I decided to stop because it's easier to take iron supplements than take this pill. With 2 children and at peri-menopause age, I wouldn't recommend this product to any woman at any stage of life. Too unpredictable and not worth the unseen side effects."

Crys01 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 5, 2017

For Birth Control "I've been on this BC for a little over a year now. First few packs were awesome! No mood swings, no break through bleeding, period always on time, smooth sailing.. My last two packs have been a nightmare. I'm moody, I'm getting break through bleeding often and it actually scares me because I always think something is wrong if I'm bleeding and it's not time for my period... and my period was over a week late on my last pack. My period isn't due to come for another 3 weeks now but I'm currently bleeding. Not happy. Will definitely be seeing my doctor about a new pill. Maybe my body has decided it's not strong enough anymore."

Bloodytired (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 3, 2017

For Endometriosis "I started seasonique due to my endometriosis & my Dr wanted to stop my periods. I started the pill on 10/15 didn't bleed from then to 11/26 then I started spotting at first then this turned into red heavy bleeding from then on. After failed attempts of trying to call & get into see my Dr. after 18 days of bleeding I went to the ER where they did nothing but a pregnancy test & some regular blood work, that came back normal, and told me I had dysfunctional uterine bleeding due to endometriosis! I then called my Dr again after telling them I went to the ER they then were able to get me in 5 days later at this time I've been 23 days after an examination the Dr wants me to stay on seasonique for 7 more days taking it not once but three times a day!"

PME 84 December 19, 2016

For Endometriosis "I gave this a 1 only because 0 was not an option. Of course, everyone has their own experiences and will react differently to this birth control pill. I highly recommend to everyone to read reviews online and DO YOUR RESEARCH because I didn't and I blindly trusted my doctor. Unlike most people, I did not need this pill for the purpose of birth control but to simply avoid my period for 1 WEEK in December, as I am going away on vacation. I went to see my doctor for contraception to avoid my period for that one week in the upcoming December and she immediately prescribed seasonique. I checked with her again asking what was the use of starting in October, but she convinced me that it was my best option as I would have no bleeding until January."

236 December 8, 2016

For Birth Control "Gained a lot of weight on this pill. I'm always hungry. Absolutely no sex drive, which puts strain on the relationship. I'm on my last row of pills of the 3rd month and still no period. I'm fixed so I know I'm not pregnant. I will be stopping this pill once I'm done with this last pack."

RachelLee November 29, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been taking Seasonique for almost 10 years. I've tried the shot and nexplanon and I hands down prefer Seasonique. I don't think I could ever go back to having a monthly cycle. I haven't noticed any major side effects. I do suffer from migraines; however, I had migraines even when I wasn't taking Seasonique so I don't think the two are connected."

Anonymous November 15, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Start taking the medication to stop it. But it never did I've been on the pill for 2 weeks now and it seem like I'm bleeding more than when I was not on the pill having huge blood clots and bleeding uncontrollably calling doctor in the morning to see what I can do"

Tia w. (taken for less than 1 month) November 15, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been taking Seasonique for almost 9 months now. First month is fine, I don't get my period or any bleeding or any other side effects. As soon as the second month is almost over, I start spotting and I don't stop spotting until I receive my period at the end of the 3rd month. I spot for months straight and it's actually ridiculous. This pill is very expensive and it's only supposed to give 4 periods a year yet all I do is bleed. The spotting is little-to-no blood which is very annoying. My sex drive is non-existent which ultimately makes being on the pill completely pointless."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 31, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Started taking generic brand first two months worked fine three days into my third pack started spotting now I'm full blown on my period. Have always bled for five days and always lighten up by fourth day I'm still bleeding very heavy and it's day six not sure if I should stop taking pill or wait it out"

mira85 October 30, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for 4 days and so far I love it. I use to take tri previfem, which had different levels of hormones throughout the package. So far, I have had no irregular bleeding and very little nausea. I have had an increase in vaginal discharge, but nothing a pad won't solve. I have had an increase in appetite as well, and small mood swings. I highly recommend this pill. I have had a much better experience than I did with tri previfem."

Bgs97 October 22, 2016

For Birth Control "This birth control has come with a couple side effects for me but overall I think it's completely worth it and the side effects are minor and can be controlled. I've been on it for about 1.5 months. This drug gives me no nausea whatsoever, and I have an extremely sensitive stomach. One side effect is it makes me break out a bit. I haven't had acne for several years now but a couple weeks into taking this pill I did start getting bumps. The breakouts aren't too bad though. Only other thing is I've noticed my appetite increase quite a bit. I normally don't get hungry till 10-11 AM but the pill makes me starving the second I wake up and I can consume more food. So just watch your weight while you're on it if that's something you struggle with."

Alli97 October 17, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I loved the thought of not having a period EVERY month, as advertised. It worked great for 6 & 1/2 years. Light spotting when I started back then, and lighter periods and not buying so many tampons was very nice! I got off the pill for 6 months (for financial reasons.) Decided to go back on it, and now I'm in month two and on my 11th day bleeding. Started as spotting, then got heavier each day after, & minor clotting. I saw dark brown blood on day 9 of bleeding, thought it was ending, finally, then next day...BAM, back to bright red bleeding again, & HORRIBLE cramping to go with it! I'm a mess emotionally. It's like PmS, but not going away once the period starts. I think it's turned on me. Time for a switch! I can't affOrd ALL these pads"

Spotty LaUrA (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 13, 2016

For Birth Control "This pill was great for a while. I had one period every 3 months and it helps with mild acne. My only problem is the headaches! They are hell some have even brought me to tears. There's no stopping it with pain pills it just stops randomly. Also your sex drive will hit rock bottom."

0Sunflower0 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 7, 2016

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome "My journey with this BC has been extremely rough, but worth it! I have been diagnosed with PCOS, GERD, IBS - D, generalized anxiety disorder, PTSD, and manic depressive disorder. My gynecologist instructed me to give it 6 months before discontinuing. The first 2 weeks were normal. Then I had spotting for 4 weeks straight. I could deal with that. I figured I hadn't had my period in months due to PCOS so it would take time to regulate. At the 6 week mark I got the heaviest menses of my life with extreme cramping. Ended up in ER twice. Had my period for 12 weeks straight. Off for 3 weeks, back on for 4 weeks. And then it started working normally. Now I have no symptoms at all and get my period every 3 months like clockwork!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 18, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "So after having my second child and finishing nursing I was having major cramping the week of my period. Not debilitating, but extremely uncomfortable. My obgyn recommended seasonique more for hormone control than for birth control. I tried it and absolutely loved it for the 65 days. Then my period started earlier than I'd anticipated, but no big deal, right? I'm currently on day 18 of my period. Aside from the cramps and some genera moodiness my periods before lasted 4 days and weren't a big deal. I've now bought stock in tampax and Kotex. It'll lighten up and then wham! Called my doctor and she's switching me back to loestrin which previously did nothing to help with the cramps and moodiness, but at this point I'll take it!"

MotherOfTwoBoys September 16, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been taking this birth control for nearly 6 months. My new obgyn told me to stop taking it because of my blood pressure as it rose since I started this pill. I also gained 18lbs on this pill. I even changed my eating to eating healthier which didn't affect my weight. I also got a shorter temper on these pills. I also have almost constant breakthrough bleeding with mucus probably 3-5 days a week"

Jess01902 September 11, 2016

For Birth Control "This caused Chronic hives and itching"

Debonako (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 9, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on my period for 3 weeks now and there are no signs of it stopping any time soon. Other than that I haven't had any problems with it."

Kmwc (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 2, 2016

For Endometriosis "When I was 22 I found out I had endometriosis and my doctor recommended this to regulate my periods. I was giving samples since I didn't have any insurance I took it for two years until they no longer had anymore sample and I still didn't have any insurance and was unable to pay for it. I absolutely loved being on this it was so nice having a period that only lasted three days and only four periods a year. Yes when u first start taking it u do have some breakthrough bleeding which is annoying but stick with it because once ur over that is great. Now I'm back on it and my periods last a max of two days. I love it and so much less pain from endometriosis"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 28, 2016

For Birth Control "This pill was prescribed to me because I get menstrual migraines. While it has worked for that & kept my skin clear from the cystic pimples I would occasionally get, it has raised my blood pressure & made me gain at least 15 pounds now over 3 years. & still gaining. When will it stop? Obviously not until I stop taking it. I don't eat any more than I ever have, appetite feels the same yet this weight is somewhere on me. I am very unhappy with it. I feel bloated constantly & no matter how much I work out or how much water I drink I cannot lose any weight. Seriously considering ditching this medication & just dealing with the migraines another way. If you have started this med & are gaining weight caution-if will not stop."

Solochic (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 20, 2016

For Birth Control "Gain weight so much, feels like I'm always hungry.... Waited too long to switch I was 123lbs now 151 ......."

Alexinaaaaaaa (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 6, 2016

For Birth Control "Although I loved the fact that this drug allowed me to have fewer periods, however the affect it had extreme mood swings, decrease sex drive, my personailty and my appetite was astronomical."

Moody Mya (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 6, 2016

For Birth Control "I took this BC for about 5 years it was absolutely amazing for the first four years, with the exception of having spotting here or there but once we got through about 3-6 months that ended and only getting my period ever three months was AMAZING! I had a very light period with little to no cramps while on this pill. About a year ago I stopped taking it after having been on it for close to 5 years. I went on vacation and continued to take my pill at the same time every day and I had my period for the ENTIRE three weeks I was gone. A very heavy and painful period too which was completely abnormal. I also completely lost my sex drive before stopping using this and have now stopped taking it and I am honestly scared to experiment with new pills"

Stephiepieee July 20, 2016

For Birth Control "My experience with this pill is 50/50...I love only having my period every 3 months but I spotted for months when I started, have lots of headaches, my breasts are bigger and I gained weight."

Lynnypooh July 20, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on seasonique for about a month and a week. I had no bleeding or spotting when first taking this. Which from reviews I've read im worried if thats normal. I do have trouble taking it on time but do pretty well for the most part. I have experienced nausea and alot of fatigue. Im tired ALOT! i took a pregnancy test after the first 3 weeks and it was negative. I just took it to make sure. Being tired with nausea does make me nervous with this new birth control. But so far it has been pretty good to me. I hope this is helpful for other women who are on this medication. These other reviews have helped me! Thank you ladies!"

Metalbarbie June 30, 2016