User Reviews for Seasonique

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
3.8

Summary of Seasonique reviews 5.5 300 reviews

Reviews for Seasonique

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Diagnosed chronic severe migraine suffer. Couldn’t tolerate ANY contraceptive pill incl low dose, progesterone only /mini pill etc. On Seasonique for 3 mths recommended by dr. Feel more ‘balanced’ hormonally, better skin, etc. Some on & off spot bleeding over 3 mths - but this seems to be improving. Still have migraines - but less. Monthly hormonal migraine still turns up but manageable with migraine med and this. Also was anemic - now with out the periods my iron levels are up so great to have energy now. Recommend worth a try!!"

Migraine less (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 14, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I got my tubes tied and couldn't deal with the frequent, long and heavy periods that ensued so I went on Seasonique to achieve lighter, less frequent periods. I've had some spotting here and there (particularly after intercourse), but my main issue with this pill is that it gives me constant heart palpitations. I went through a series of tests with a cardiologist and everything was fine, except they did confirm pretty constant "skipped" beats. It's more annoying than anything. Monthly pills give me migraines and no pill at all is what got me here in the first place. I am at my whit's end."

woomomma (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 9, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "This birth control has literally ruined the past few months of my life. Not only have I gained almost ten pounds, about a week after I started taking it I started bleeding. I have since been bleeding and today is day number 16. I have the worst cramps, headaches, and heavy flow that I have had in YEARS! Not only does it keep happening, I am clotting... and the blood looks horrible. I also developed a rash on my legs, and my doctor told me to keep taking it! I will absolutely NOT keep taking these pills."

Brittany (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 8, 2018

For Birth Control "Worst bc ever. I bled for 3 months on and off until I stopped taking them. Somedays I was spotting, some days heavy bleeding, they also caused bloating ,low sex drive ,and painful swollen breasts"

vee (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 18, 2018

For Birth Control "Amazing! I'm fine with this pill! Before I used Naomi but it gave me side effects like spotting, this has the same chemical component (I do not know if it's the specific term) but with a higher dosage ... I do not understand all these negative opinions that scared me in the beginning, but it's perfect on me. Absolutely recommended. I write from Italy and here the fact of not having menstruation for 3 months is seen as unnatural so it is not widespread but really good if you overcome these prejudices."

Mary (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 17, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Having endometriosis Seasonique helps with the ovarian cysts and other pains while not bleeding. Periods have not gotten any shorter or less heavy but it’s not bad now that it is only every 3 months. After being on the pill for about a year this is when I started gaining weight. 20 pounds in just 6 months!"

Nana (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 22, 2018

For Birth Control "The worse birth control ever! I've been having break through bleeding almost every day for 15 days so far."

Anonymous May 28, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I thought this birth control option was the holy grail for my long and excruciatingly painful periods. I had tried it a few years ago and it made me sick to my stomach for about four weeks so I stopped. But I tried it again and LOVED it. Four periods a year that were totally manageable.. sign me up! My incessant mood swings were better, my skin was clear, it was great. All was well until I realized that I had gained 40 lbs, my health started rapidly deteriorating, and I learned my liver was near failing. If this medicine didn't have these horrible side effects I would have stayed on it forever and given them all of my money. Obviously, I had to be taken off of it though for the sake of my liver and to get back to a healthy weight. I'll probably give the NuvaRing another try and possibly use it to skip periods like my Seasonique naturally did since my periods are back to being painful now without it. If you want to try this, I say go for it, but it's NOT a long term solution."

kaylarose (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 7, 2018

For Birth Control "Keep the Faith! My first 6 weeks was pure misery. Constantly bloated, crying, never ending period. Had it for the whole first 6 weeks. I called my Doctor after the first month, begging her to change my BC, but she asked for me to finish out the 3 months. I'm so happy I did, as SOON as the 6th week, all side affects faded away. I am no longer emotionally all over the place, sex drive has returned. No bleeding or even spotting. Yay!!! I was scared reading the reviews, so I wanted to post that it did change for me. Hope this helps !"

Kaate April 19, 2018

For Birth Control "I don't recommend taking this at all! This completely messed up my body the few months I was taking it. If you think not having your period is a good idea think again!"

Ashley (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 18, 2018

For Birth Control "I took this pill because I wanted fewer and lighter periods. I have had no side effects when I take it properly. I did not experience any weight gain and my sexual drive was not affected. However, like with any pill, misusing it has consequences. There have been times where I have forgotten to take with me on trips and the cramping was unpleasant and usually resulted in light spotting. That’s pretty much par for the course, though. Wish it was cheaper."

Zed (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 29, 2018

For Birth Control "After taking this medication I suffered Cerebral venous sinus thrombosis (CVST = blood clot in my brain) and stoke. I am 35 years old was on birth control since 15 was on the depo shot most of the time after having my kids I decided to take this oral contraceptives. And now I suffer a huge brain clot I’m on blood thinners being monitored weekly, was hospitalized for weeks and looking at a year or more recovery. Please be careful what you put into your body I learned the hard way. Always thinking that won’t happen to me and it did."

Kristymac (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 29, 2018

For Birth Control "Getting on this BC has been the worst decision of my life. I never had any issues with my previous BC but I wanted to switch to something that I would only have to get refilled every 3 months and that would eliminate me from having periods all together. The first 3 weeks were ok. I had cramping but nothing too major then the 4th week came and all hell broke loose. I only have 2 more weeks left of the 3 pack and I've been on my period for the last 6 weeks!!!!! For a BC thats supposed to eliminate you from having a period this is insanity. I hate this stuff and wouldn't recommend anyone getting on it."

J (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 28, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on this for 2.5 years so far. I started this about 8 months after I stopped smoking cigarettes so regardless I gained a bunch of weight back and I think seasonique and my other medicine (for sleep) is what is keeping me from not getting back to my skinnier self. The effects of this is worth it to me though, not getting my period for 2.5 months, then the last 3 weeks I begin to spot (only needing a liner) and then get my period the last week. I used to deal with extreme cramps to the point of me sweating hunched over in pain, I began this and have felt 1000x better during my period. I still get cramps of course but they are nothing compared to what I used to go through every month. I also have much lower libido than when I was 3 years younger but this medication has worked well for me enough that the pros outweigh the cons."

Delia (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 22, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have been on seasonique for almost 2 years, I started it because I had severe anemia due to extremely heavy periods. This medication has caused me to gain about 17lb steadily since I started it. Even when I restrict how much I eat I somehow have gained weight. I body looks no different from when I started the birth control, yet somehow I am 17 pounds heavier. I have become depressed and even more anxious than usual on seasonique. However, I hardly get a period, only 1-2 days of mild bleeding, and probably a week or so of spotting. My iron levels are up, so I mean, despite the symptoms its caused, it did what it was intended to do for me."

jasmine (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 18, 2018

For Birth Control "Stopped taking Seasonique in August 2017. Have only had one period for 2 days. Also, started passing stones while on Seasonique. The stones are made up of blood and cells and do not SHOW up on any imaging. Have been to specialists and they do not know where they are coming from. Very bad drug."

Sue (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 3, 2018

For Birth Control "The first 1.5 packs of this pill I had a little bit of breakthrough bleeding at the end of each month, but as time has gone by, this has stopped. I do get moody around the 4th week mark of each month, but thats normal for me. I've also been getting migraines, and have gained around 25lbs which is very abnormal for me. ALTHOUGH with time, these side effects have been improving and I've found ways to reverse them. When I first started taking this pill, I was really tempted to give up as I was extremely moody all of the time, had literally ZERO libido and terrible migraines every single day. These things subsided within the first month, and I found ways to improve the negative effects (personal lubricant, taking 5HTP). Ultimately I'm glad I stuck with it because its totally worth it to only have my period 4 times per year (and it also only lasts about 3 days now, albeit with bad cramping). PS: CBD oil helped me a lot with the migraines!"

JM February 26, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been on the Teva pill for a week and so far I've been experiencing nausea, cramps, headaches, and general fatigue. I told myself I'd give it a month because it was intended to help me with my bad menstrual cycle, but I don't know if I'll be able to go on like this. I can barely function. I've been experiencing waves of depression too. If I continue to use it, I'll give an update, but it isn't looking so great right now."

CasmiraaOB (taken for less than 1 month) February 19, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Worst decision of my life was to start this birth control. After just 5 weeks of being on it. I started spotting, then it moved into full blown heavy period. With the worst cramps I’ve ever experienced in my life! I would be changing my pad every hour along with taking pain medicine to try and help with cramping but even that didn’t help. I was in so much pain I was calling in to not go to work which I have worked for over 35 years and never call in sick. Starting this birth-control has messed with my life physically and emotionally the past month and a half that I’ve been on this so I stopped taking the pill and my symptoms have been getting worse. I talked my doctor and she said to just stay on the pill. I refuse to continue to take it I’m just praying that the symptoms will go away as soon as the hormones withdrawals from my body. I took this birth control to help not get my period and it’s only been the opposite and a nightmare if symptoms since taking it."

June56 February 2, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I started taking this pill 8 years ago. It was awesome. Light periods that lasted only a few days! Recently on third month spotting started. I figured period was coming early bc of stress. About 3 weeks later I’m having the heaviest period I’ve had in YEARS! Painful cramps, clots and just so much bleeding! I am miserable!"

Me2018 February 1, 2018

For Birth Control "Seasonique is the worst BC I’ve ever encountered. Being on this pill for two years was the biggest mistake I’ve ever made. I’ve never had problems with BC in my life so didn’t correlate my crippling anxiety (never had before in my life), exhaustion, and depression to this medicine. I’m 3 weeks off if it and still dealing with the side effects. Thus should be pulled from the pharmacies. Very damaging to women’s health!"

Anonymous December 24, 2017

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Been taking the pill for at least 10 years and was wonderful. However for the past year, I have noticed that even though I am taking it, my period is starting to come every 21-30 no matter what. I do not miss because I do not want the cycles at all and my menstrual periods were heavy, clotty and painful. I don't understand why it is doing this. I will stop the pill for about two or three months to see what happens. I feel that if I am taking the pill and still having my periods, what is the point. I will see. I will make an appt with my OBGYN and see what she says. Wow!"

Rhonda B. 53! (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 11, 2017

For Birth Control "I got on this medicine because who doesn't like the idea of fewer periods. I must say it was great at first. When I was at the end my cycle came on for 3 days very light and was gone. Fast forward to 4 years on this pill.... I am 30 pounds heavier (thought I was being lazy and need to stop my cheat meals) I have gone to 3 different doctors to figure out why my HAIR IS FALLING OUT IN CHUNKS. My beautiful healthy hair was falling more and more by the day. I was tested for Thyroids, low Vit D, PCOS.. you name it! All came test came back fine. Low and behold I get online and google Seasonique and hair loss and I was horrified!!! I stopped mid pack and threw this medicine in the garbage!! I have pain down my arm and my chest too DON'T TAKE THIS"

LittleMsLady (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 7, 2017

For Birth Control "I started taking this because a lot of other birth control was not working for me. I liked it for the first couple of months but I noticed some not normal spotting for two weeks that basically was my period. I would take it have the heavy spotting and then period and after the period it would be back to heavy spotting. I will say the every 3 months was great while taking this but I did gain a lot of weight while taking it. I would say that this is good but make sure you talk to your doctor. I can't say you'll experience the same thing as me but talk to your doctor or NP."

Prettygang902 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 4, 2017

For Birth Control "I was on seasonique for two years - as a suffered with severe migraines all my life, with worsened episodes around my period this was the ideal birth control for me. The first year and a half was great - would spot at about 7 weeks - but no other obvious signs of concern. With that being said the last six month were hell. Severe yeast infections after the “period week”, bleeding heavier than a regular period for six weeks straight. Irratibilty. Mood swings. Crippling Anxiety attacks. After seeing my GP and neurologist I was taken off my seasonique. Four days later , no bleeding at all - feeling more level headed and have much more energy. Overall - glad I am off it , and wouldn’t reccomend it."

SNB92 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 3, 2017