User Reviews for Seasonique

Learn more about Seasonique.

Ovarian Cysts 4 reviews 55 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 48 reviews 169 medications

3.6
Summary of Seasonique reviews 254 reviews 5.5

Reviews for Seasonique

For Endometriosis "First 2 months of taking it I didn't stop bleeding, gained 10 lb (been 125 lbs for the past 10 years) got zits! (Maybe had 5 zits in my whole life) then started this pill and I'm a bloated, bloody, zitty beast! I through the pills in the trash today. Enough is enough! Horrible medication"

Harderwifey (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 25, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Like Most women today, irregular periods are a headache ..... so I talked to my doctor about birth control options and we decided to try Teva aka Seasonique.... worst decisions I have made regarding medication. First 2-3 days on the pill were normal after that, it was absolute hell. Spotting consistently, very moody- ready to take my boyfriends head off for no reason, migraines that make it hard to function and fatigue from another world ! I stopped this birth control 2 days ago all the symptoms aside from the spotting are gone. I would not recommend this birth control to my worst enemy. Please discuss other birth control options with your doctor and read other reviews! Always important to listen to your body, do not ignore it!"

NotSoHappy (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "If I could give this birth control a 0 I would because of the side effects. I have been on it for almost 3 months and I have developed horrible acne all over my chin and side of my cheek. It is red, bumpy, and painful. Makeup won't even cover it effectively. It looks like I have some sort of skin disease. Nothing helps it to go away. I am intensely moody all the time and cry almost daily. I have constant bloating and seem to be gaining weight even though I have not changed my diet or exercise amount. Stopping this immediately and going back to Tri-cyclen. I wish I had never taken this."

SarahEm1212 March 18, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I started using Seasonique as both a treatment for my PCOS as well as a birth control option. Before using Seasonique I lived with an almost constant period that would last for months at a time. It was a saving grace when I started using seasonique and it instantly "turned off the tap"! For two months I am period free then about mid way through the third month I start spotting until I start my new pack. This is a huge improvement to what I'm used to (used to be heavy flow and all the time) and it's given me a new found sense of freedom. I did NOT experience any hair loss and actually lost weight. It also helped immensely with my cystic acne. Altogether it's been a fantastic experience!"

Emma1724 March 14, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was on Seasonique for a little over 2 weeks, I developed a blood clot about halfway through that time from it, I didn't know it until it started hurting. I'm not trying to scare the rest of you ladies!I just wanted to say ,pay VERY close attention to your body when you start this therapy. Especially your limbs. Report any pain, swelling, aching or burning sensations in your arms or legs ASAP to your doctors or go to the nearest emergency room!"

Anonymous March 4, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I started taking these pills January 12,2017 bc I didn't won't to deal with having a period anymore...the worst mistake do not take! My hormones are jacked up. I'm am very moody my appetite is crazy I have gain 10 pounds and also I been bleeding for 3 weeks straight. My Dr told me to continue to take but I will not take this med - he even tried change the dosage and give me some menopause meds. I said I'm not taking any of that meds it had me so messed up bad. I'm am bleeding so much from my uterus. They are recommending that I have Nova Sure surgery done. I will keep u post but beware this birth control is not good at all these. reviews are truth."

KatrinaT34 February 24, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Love this! I have been on this pill for years now and it is amazing. I use to have heavy bleeding and horrible cramps and this pill has stopped it for me. Due to being anemic and having endometriosis I am set to have my period every 6 months and I never spot in between. This pill is definitely for people who's body can handle going long terms with out a menstrual period. And you have to follow directions, taking the pill the same exact time every day and never missing a pill. Its the only way it will work properly"

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 21, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I wish I would have read these comments prior to me starting this pill. THIS HAS BEEN THE WORST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE!! I have been bleeding and passing EXTREMELY LARGE blood clots for 13 days. It started 2 days into my second pack. The pain is severe almost mirroring labor pains with abdominal contractions everytime I pass a clot. I stopped the pill and bleeding continues to get worse. Avoid this pill like the plague!!"

Disappointed x infinity February 17, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "My GP recommended Seasonique because I was anemic and experiencing very heavy blood flow each month. In the year that I took this medication, I felt depressed and even suicidal at the beginning; gained weight as expected and had a hard time losing weight while on it. At the end of the first 3 months, the flow was heavy for 8 days! I kept with it in spite of menstrual cramps, higher appetite, heavy bleeding when I had my period and really annoying mood swings. After one year I decided to stop because it's easier to take iron supplements than take this pill. With 2 children and at peri-menopause age, I wouldn't recommend this product to any woman at any stage of life. Too unpredictable and not worth the unseen side effects."

Crys01 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 5, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on this BC for a little over a year now. First few packs were awesome! No mood swings, no break through bleeding, period always on time, smooth sailing.. My last two packs have been a nightmare. I'm moody, I'm getting break through bleeding often and it actually scares me because I always think something is wrong if I'm bleeding and it's not time for my period... and my period was over a week late on my last pack. My period isn't due to come for another 3 weeks now but I'm currently bleeding. Not happy. Will definitely be seeing my doctor about a new pill. Maybe my body has decided it's not strong enough anymore."

Bloodytired (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 3, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Endometriosis "I started seasonique due to my endometriosis & my Dr wanted to stop my periods. I started the pill on 10/15 didn't bleed from then to 11/26 then I started spotting at first then this turned into red heavy bleeding from then on. After failed attempts of trying to call & get into see my Dr. after 18 days of bleeding I went to the ER where they did nothing but a pregnancy test & some regular blood work, that came back normal, and told me I had dysfunctional uterine bleeding due to endometriosis! I then called my Dr again after telling them I went to the ER they then were able to get me in 5 days later at this time I've been 23 days after an examination the Dr wants me to stay on seasonique for 7 more days taking it not once but three times a day!"

PME 84 December 19, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Endometriosis "I gave this a 1 only because 0 was not an option. Of course, everyone has their own experiences and will react differently to this birth control pill. I highly recommend to everyone to read reviews online and DO YOUR RESEARCH because I didn't and I blindly trusted my doctor. Unlike most people, I did not need this pill for the purpose of birth control but to simply avoid my period for 1 WEEK in December, as I am going away on vacation. I went to see my doctor for contraception to avoid my period for that one week in the upcoming December and she immediately prescribed seasonique. I checked with her again asking what was the use of starting in October, but she convinced me that it was my best option as I would have no bleeding until January."

236 December 8, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Gained a lot of weight on this pill. I'm always hungry. Absolutely no sex drive, which puts strain on the relationship. I'm on my last row of pills of the 3rd month and still no period. I'm fixed so I know I'm not pregnant. I will be stopping this pill once I'm done with this last pack."

RachelLee November 29, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been taking Seasonique for almost 10 years. I've tried the shot and nexplanon and I hands down prefer Seasonique. I don't think I could ever go back to having a monthly cycle. I haven't noticed any major side effects. I do suffer from migraines; however, I had migraines even when I wasn't taking Seasonique so I don't think the two are connected."

Anonymous November 15, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Start taking the medication to stop it. But it never did I've been on the pill for 2 weeks now and it seem like I'm bleeding more than when I was not on the pill having huge blood clots and bleeding uncontrollably calling doctor in the morning to see what I can do"

Tia w. (taken for less than 1 month) November 15, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been taking Seasonique for almost 9 months now. First month is fine, I don't get my period or any bleeding or any other side effects. As soon as the second month is almost over, I start spotting and I don't stop spotting until I receive my period at the end of the 3rd month. I spot for months straight and it's actually ridiculous. This pill is very expensive and it's only supposed to give 4 periods a year yet all I do is bleed. The spotting is little-to-no blood which is very annoying. My sex drive is non-existent which ultimately makes being on the pill completely pointless."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 31, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Started taking generic brand first two months worked fine three days into my third pack started spotting now I'm full blown on my period. Have always bled for five days and always lighten up by fourth day I'm still bleeding very heavy and it's day six not sure if I should stop taking pill or wait it out"

mira85 October 30, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for 4 days and so far I love it. I use to take tri previfem, which had different levels of hormones throughout the package. So far, I have had no irregular bleeding and very little nausea. I have had an increase in vaginal discharge, but nothing a pad won't solve. I have had an increase in appetite as well, and small mood swings. I highly recommend this pill. I have had a much better experience than I did with tri previfem."

Bgs97 October 22, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "This birth control has come with a couple side effects for me but overall I think it's completely worth it and the side effects are minor and can be controlled. I've been on it for about 1.5 months. This drug gives me no nausea whatsoever, and I have an extremely sensitive stomach. One side effect is it makes me break out a bit. I haven't had acne for several years now but a couple weeks into taking this pill I did start getting bumps. The breakouts aren't too bad though. Only other thing is I've noticed my appetite increase quite a bit. I normally don't get hungry till 10-11 AM but the pill makes me starving the second I wake up and I can consume more food. So just watch your weight while you're on it if that's something you struggle with."

Alli97 October 17, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I loved the thought of not having a period EVERY month, as advertised. It worked great for 6 & 1/2 years. Light spotting when I started back then, and lighter periods and not buying so many tampons was very nice! I got off the pill for 6 months (for financial reasons.) Decided to go back on it, and now I'm in month two and on my 11th day bleeding. Started as spotting, then got heavier each day after, & minor clotting. I saw dark brown blood on day 9 of bleeding, thought it was ending, finally, then next day...BAM, back to bright red bleeding again, & HORRIBLE cramping to go with it! I'm a mess emotionally. It's like PmS, but not going away once the period starts. I think it's turned on me. Time for a switch! I can't affOrd ALL these pads"

Spotty LaUrA (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 13, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "This pill was great for a while. I had one period every 3 months and it helps with mild acne. My only problem is the headaches! They are hell some have even brought me to tears. There's no stopping it with pain pills it just stops randomly. Also your sex drive will hit rock bottom."

0Sunflower0 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 7, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome "My journey with this BC has been extremely rough, but worth it! I have been diagnosed with PCOS, GERD, IBS - D, generalized anxiety disorder, PTSD, and manic depressive disorder. My gynecologist instructed me to give it 6 months before discontinuing. The first 2 weeks were normal. Then I had spotting for 4 weeks straight. I could deal with that. I figured I hadn't had my period in months due to PCOS so it would take time to regulate. At the 6 week mark I got the heaviest menses of my life with extreme cramping. Ended up in ER twice. Had my period for 12 weeks straight. Off for 3 weeks, back on for 4 weeks. And then it started working normally. Now I have no symptoms at all and get my period every 3 months like clockwork!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 18, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "So after having my second child and finishing nursing I was having major cramping the week of my period. Not debilitating, but extremely uncomfortable. My obgyn recommended seasonique more for hormone control than for birth control. I tried it and absolutely loved it for the 65 days. Then my period started earlier than I'd anticipated, but no big deal, right? I'm currently on day 18 of my period. Aside from the cramps and some genera moodiness my periods before lasted 4 days and weren't a big deal. I've now bought stock in tampax and Kotex. It'll lighten up and then wham! Called my doctor and she's switching me back to loestrin which previously did nothing to help with the cramps and moodiness, but at this point I'll take it!"

MotherOfTwoBoys September 16, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been taking this birth control for nearly 6 months. My new obgyn told me to stop taking it because of my blood pressure as it rose since I started this pill. I also gained 18lbs on this pill. I even changed my eating to eating healthier which didn't affect my weight. I also got a shorter temper on these pills. I also have almost constant breakthrough bleeding with mucus probably 3-5 days a week"

Jess01902 September 11, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "This caused Chronic hives and itching"

Debonako (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 9, 2016