User Reviews for Seasonique

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Seasonique.

Ovarian Cysts

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
3.6

Summary of Seasonique reviews 5.7 273 reviews

Reviews for Seasonique

For Birth Control "My first two months on it were not really good - I had constant spotting since 2 weeks from start, and I was quite moody and sensitive. Only good thing was my acne cleared up. Then I missed one pill on accident and got full blown period in 2days and I was like - nope, that's it, I give up, but my obgyn told me "try to finish the box and then if it continues the same with 2nd box we can try something else" and boy, am I glad I did. After that "period" spotting never returned, box is finished, moodiness is gone, skin still clear and my scheduled period was completely painless for first time in my life. So I'm super happy with it now."

ladyei (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have been on these pills for 3 months now to combat heavy periods and everything has been great! I've had zero bleeding over the past 3 months. No headaches, no weight gain, no hair loss, so basically no side effects. I guess I'm lucky that my body seems to work well with these pills but everyone's experience is different. I'm on the yellow pills right now, expecting a period but I'm having some extremely light spotting and no breakthrough bleeding. According to the pharmacist this is normal in the beginning. I'm hopeful they continue to work well. Honestly, taking them at the same time every single day is the key to getting the best effectiveness possible. Well that's the end of my spiel."

Life's good (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I wish I could give this a zero! I was on this for almost two years. It was the worst mistake I ever made. I took them continually (never having a period) I only did this because I was having diverticulitis flares with every menstrual so my Dr teamed up and needed me to stop my periods for awhile. I gained 40 pounds, had zero sex drive. It did interfere with my marriage. I was sad, depressed and moody. Had no energy.. then came the panic attacks. I've never had those before. Luckily by chance a round of antibiotics I was taking for a UTI made me have break through bleeding so my Dr said to get off and allow my body to have a period. I'll never get back on them. Pls be careful on these pills!!!!!"

Holls (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I went on this because I had a nonstop period for months and developed severe anaemia. My bleeding stopped the next day! Then that day I developed the worst headache of my life and ever since I have had constant headaches. I have developed cyst-like pimples on my neck and face. They're deep, huge and painful. I didn't gain weight but thats because I monitor my calories. I think if I had of let myself eat the amount I wanted then I would have gained weight since I've been more hungrier than normal. I'm also diagnosed with depression but can usually manage it, yet this pill made me have the worst depressive episodes of my life. I don't wanna finish the pack but they were so damn expensive. Do not recommend."

ItsShar (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Frustrating. Been on this pill for about 1.5 months and I've been trying to convince myself that I'm not getting any side effects. I use to be on it back when I was 16 and I was ok, not this time. After reading some of these review I think I can finally talk to the doctor and feel like I'm not crazy. I've been a RAGING COW. With my 4 yr old, With my boyfriend, with LIFE. Very, very much sleepy and sad! Want to just cry... have NO DESIRE to do ANYTHING. This pill is awful... didn't really want to admit or come to the realization that a little pill can have so much impact on your emotional state. Wow. Thank you, I feel convince now that I'm not crazy and have legitimate reasons to want to get off it."

Idkwtvr September 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I was having horrible peri-menopause symptoms. Basically PMS from hell. And it kept getting worse as I got older. I have never been on the pill before (I'm 47) and was hesitant to take it. But I did because I was suffering. I think the third day after I started Seasonique I felt better. It was amazing. I suspect I have always had hormonal issues because I started to feel "normal" which I had never felt before. The only two things negative I can say is that I was always fatigued and plus when I first started taking it I became bloated. I stopped taking it due to another health issue I have but would take it again if I could. Not having a period for 3 months at a time was wonderful."

chammich007 August 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "BEST THING EVER! If you are going on birth control, you might as well do extended cycle! You basically never get your period (so bye bye cramps, bleeding, buying tampons, ruining underwear). Perhaps the best part is that there is no placebo pill! The week off still has estrogen so you can say goodbye to mood swing side effects caused by the placebo that is a sugar pill. On this extended cycle, you don't get the same crazy side effects as you would when 1 week every month you don't take the hormone. It is a little expensive upfront because it is 3 months worth of meds. So if you do the math, it should be 3 times as expensive as one script that you pick up 3 times in 3 months. But you basically never need tampons, so put it toward this!"

San Fran MSBI (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was on this birth control for about 8-10 years. At first it was great only getting your period a few times a year. In the time I was on it my face started to break out and I gained about 40 lbs. I was depressed and had no energy or sex drive as well. I would spot for weeks until stopping so I Would get my period. I finally got off of it because my health insurance ran out. Almost immediately my skin cleared up and I lost 20 lbs. Then I started dating someone so I had to get back on. I started with mono-lynthia which was fine for my skin but made my hair fall out. I then switched back to seasonique and I have been on it for a week and already have had 3 huge zits on my chin and feel extremely moody and bloated."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have suffered from incredibly awful menstrual migraines while on the "inactive" break pills with every brand of birth control, for years. The low dose estrogen break pills with seasonique have saved my life! Zero headaches and lighter periods. I can't believe I suffered all these years. 10/10 recommend!"

MissB9w July 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "After years of trying bc pills to regulate my hormones and try to stop crippling daily migraines & vomiting I tried Seasonique . For the first time I've been migraine free since I started . It also stopped the bleeding I'd had for weeks. I finally am able to normal things like clean my home without feeling faint n puking. I am happy and pain free. No migraines no painful bloating. I was about ready to give up on life . I had zero hope. I finally feel what it's like to be normal & not constantly ill."

Jenn411 (taken for less than 1 month) July 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I spent 2 years on this medication. 2 years of my life I'll never get back. I thought the crippling exhaustion, anger, anxiety and depression were from being a working mom of a young child. For 2 years I had no libido, no desire to do anything other than sit on my couch. Cooking, cleaning, and simple things like playing with my child were nearly impossible. After a day at work I was too mentally fatigued to do anything. Less than a month back on loestrin and it's like a light switch has been flipped. I'd rather bleed monthly and be happy."

PixieQ June 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This is the only birth control I've been on and I have been on this now for four years. What a life saver. I have hardly no cramps at all. I had to stop taking this for a little bit because I was spotting."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I'm 38 years old and perimenopausal. I started this pill to regulate my horrific bleeding and cramping. The first two months were AWESOME, but since that time I have been bleeding for six weeks straight. My doctor advised that I skip the sugar pills and try a couple more weeks of the second pack and see if my cycle regulates. Into the second week of the second pack and I'm still currently bleeding and cramping and am stopping this medication today. Also I gained 10 pounds, feel "blue", randomly cry for no reason and have had extreme mood swings. I would not recommend seasonique or any generic equivalent of this drug. My next step is an ablation procedure. : ("

Nottttt happy June 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ovarian Cysts "I have been taking Seasonique 10 years now. I got put on it when I was 15 due to huge Ovarian Cyst and very bad periods that made me super sick! I've had no issue with this medication at all, until the beginning of 2016- now I have had no period. Every 3 months I get the symptoms of a period but never bleed. But I have been fine on this medication. I recommend it to anyone!"

Tabbi11 May 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I couldn't be on this pill for more than three days. I started taking it because I liked the thought of only having a period once every three months. Almost immediately I got extremely exhausted, nauseous, fluctuating body temperatures, overwhelming sadness, a heavy feeling in my chest, and on the third day I had a panic attack at work so I decided to stop taking it. I felt 100x better when I woke up this morning after not taking it last night. I know you're supposed to give it time to work but I have never reacted that horribly to birth control before."

Alysharj May 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I've been on this pill for almost a year. The first nine months (three cycles) went by without any issues. I was put on it because I get sick every time I get my period and my cramps are terrible. Half way through my eleventh month, I got my period, but I figured it was just spotting, so I continued to take the normal pill. Almost six week later, I'm still bleeding, and I've felt faint the past few days. This is hell. I'm switching off of it next week."

anonymouswriter (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been taking this pill for two months, my first birth control I've ever been on, at first it was okay and it definitely cleared up my skin, bloating was expected but not wanted. I also experienced a lot of vaginal discharge. Now that I'm in the second month, however, I have begun cramping on top of the discharging. Sort of scary when you look up "cramping on the pill" and all the links have the title "signs of early pregnancy" :/"

ParanoidPansi May 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was on this birth control for over 4 years. I had to stop in October because I changed health insurance so I decided to let my body have a little rest before going on a new one. It has been 6 months and I have not gotten a period since stopping the birth control. Before I went on it I had regular monthly cycles, but this birth control messed everything up. Also, about 3 years into taking the pills I started to develop scarring cystic acne that hasn't gone away even after stopping. This birth control clearly did something to my hormones that I am hoping could be reversed. The only reason why I am giving it any stars is because while I was on it I didn't have any side effects and periods were super light (when I got them)"

saraaaa123 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was on this birth control for about a year and I don't know why I waited so long to get off of it. I had cyctic acne all over my face (I used to never break out before this pill) and I lost 20 pounds. I'm not a big girl in the first place but this pill got me down to 90 pounds because of the severe nausea. Also, I was moody the entire time I was on it. Went on ortho tri Cyclen and it saved my life."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Endometriosis "First 2 months of taking it I didn't stop bleeding, gained 10 lb (been 125 lbs for the past 10 years) got zits! (Maybe had 5 zits in my whole life) then started this pill and I'm a bloated, bloody, zitty beast! I through the pills in the trash today. Enough is enough! Horrible medication"

Harderwifey (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Like Most women today, irregular periods are a headache ..... so I talked to my doctor about birth control options and we decided to try Teva aka Seasonique.... worst decisions I have made regarding medication. First 2-3 days on the pill were normal after that, it was absolute hell. Spotting consistently, very moody- ready to take my boyfriends head off for no reason, migraines that make it hard to function and fatigue from another world ! I stopped this birth control 2 days ago all the symptoms aside from the spotting are gone. I would not recommend this birth control to my worst enemy. Please discuss other birth control options with your doctor and read other reviews! Always important to listen to your body, do not ignore it!"

NotSoHappy (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "If I could give this birth control a 0 I would because of the side effects. I have been on it for almost 3 months and I have developed horrible acne all over my chin and side of my cheek. It is red, bumpy, and painful. Makeup won't even cover it effectively. It looks like I have some sort of skin disease. Nothing helps it to go away. I am intensely moody all the time and cry almost daily. I have constant bloating and seem to be gaining weight even though I have not changed my diet or exercise amount. Stopping this immediately and going back to Tri-cyclen. I wish I had never taken this."

SarahEm1212 March 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started using Seasonique as both a treatment for my PCOS as well as a birth control option. Before using Seasonique I lived with an almost constant period that would last for months at a time. It was a saving grace when I started using seasonique and it instantly "turned off the tap"! For two months I am period free then about mid way through the third month I start spotting until I start my new pack. This is a huge improvement to what I'm used to (used to be heavy flow and all the time) and it's given me a new found sense of freedom. I did NOT experience any hair loss and actually lost weight. It also helped immensely with my cystic acne. Altogether it's been a fantastic experience!"

Emma1724 March 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was on Seasonique for a little over 2 weeks, I developed a blood clot about halfway through that time from it, I didn't know it until it started hurting. I'm not trying to scare the rest of you ladies!I just wanted to say ,pay VERY close attention to your body when you start this therapy. Especially your limbs. Report any pain, swelling, aching or burning sensations in your arms or legs ASAP to your doctors or go to the nearest emergency room!"

Anonymous March 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I started taking these pills January 12,2017 bc I didn't won't to deal with having a period anymore...the worst mistake do not take! My hormones are jacked up. I'm am very moody my appetite is crazy I have gain 10 pounds and also I been bleeding for 3 weeks straight. My Dr told me to continue to take but I will not take this med - he even tried change the dosage and give me some menopause meds. I said I'm not taking any of that meds it had me so messed up bad. I'm am bleeding so much from my uterus. They are recommending that I have Nova Sure surgery done. I will keep u post but beware this birth control is not good at all these. reviews are truth."

KatrinaT34 February 24, 2017