User Reviews for Seasonique to treat Birth Control

Seasonique Rating Summary

5.7/10 Average Rating

Compare all 267 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Seasonique

Oceanna · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 29, 2020

“I had a great experience on this birth control. I had no weight gain, no hair loss, my skin was generally pretty clear, and the best part were the 4 periods a year. My hair also grew very fast, and was super long and shiny. Only con was that if I didn’t always take it at the same time every day, I would get breakthrough bleeding.”

Anonymous February 17, 2020

“Amazing, I was basically out of commission for a 1.5 weeks a month with my period and now on seasonique I only having 4 light and painless once a year. It is a game-changer and I no longer have PMS mood swings and have really helped my relationship!! I love this pill”

Random · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 24, 2020

“This is a follow up to my Oct 2019 review. Quitting today to save my marriage! Kidding. Sort of. I’ve basically been bleeding 3 months out of the 5 that I’ve been taking this pill. Totally defeated the purpose. Had no other side effects but the bleeding just won’t stop.”

Tanny · Taken for less than 1 month January 13, 2020

“I experienced many side effects within the first week. Vomitting, nausea, upset stomach, breast tenderness and pain, and dizziness. I decided to discontinue the medication.”

Crystal · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 10, 2019

“I’ve been on seasonique for about nine months I just started my 4th pack. I was originally on the shot but it made me extremely depressed after getting it once, so I took a 5 month break and started seasonique. I rarely have mood swings, I don’t get acne or headaches and haven’t gained any weight. This birth control was perfect for me, until I started bleeding for 3 months straight. I don’t bleed a lot I could pass by just wearing liners all day but it stops for maybe a week when I start a new pack and I start it again out of no where. If I didn’t bleed so constantly this would be the perfect birth control for me. When I am on my “period pills” I only bleed for about 4 days and get a little cramp here and there but it’s nothing compared to how they used to be. Debating if I should wait to finish my last pack or just try to get a new one.”

Annie · Taken for less than 1 month December 3, 2019

“First day I noticed a lot of panic attacks. Thought I would just wait it out. Next couple of days felt more depressed. Also had trouble sleeping. Third night I was crying my eyes out and started feeling really dark mood and depressed. Not worth it. Stopped and felt so much better.”

Annie · Taken for less than 1 month November 25, 2019

“First day: 2 hours later I completely had a fast heart beat. I was really dizzy and felt like a lot of water weight on my body. I thought it was just my body adjusting so I continued to have hope for this pill. Day 2: Anxiety lessened but noticed I had extreme fast heartbeat when I am resting, like when I am on the bed. Trouble sleeping. Signs of depression. Day 3: Depressive and hard to sleep. I was balling my eyes out in bed that night. Day 4: Depressive symptoms. Agitated. Woke up with a severe panic attack. Today: I quit. I rather have a heavier period then put up with depression from the pill.”

Jao · Taken for less than 1 month November 25, 2019

“I felt like a zombie, lots of facial breakouts and nausea, throwing up every few mornings and throughout the day, foggy, lack of focus.”

Dbell · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 18, 2019

“I have been on Seasonique for almost three years and have not had any issues! I love only having my period 4 times a year. Additionally, I don’t experience heavy bleeding when I do get my period and my usual symptoms are so much less intense. Initially I did bleed for almost two weeks when I started the pack which was not fun but since my body regulated to it it has been great!”

Addie · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 17, 2019

“I was on this pill for 4 years!! It was my first birth control I was ever on and I originally got on it because I didn’t want to have periods anymore. Not having periods was the ONLY good thing about this birth control. I constantly got yeast infections, ZERO sex drive, I was so dry down there, and constant nausea. I didn’t realize it was my birth control doing making me feel that way for 4 years until I came off of it.”

Xin November 16, 2019

“I like taking this pill because now I don’t have periods every month, I also am not moody all the time anymore! I do have some side effects like tenderness, headaches, and spotting also! But other than that I get to be more happy instead of miserable like I used to be, my first packet of pills didn’t work the first time! I had to talk to my doctor about it because I bleed a lot more than I should have, also my doctor had to give me a stronger dose of them! I started taking Seasonique so far it has been a great experience other than side effects, when I do have my period I am still moody I also feel a lot of pain! I know that at least I don’t have to have it every month anymore, I am so thankful my doctor helped me out!”

Efab · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 14, 2019

“I've been on the Seasonique birth control for 2.5 months. It's been terrible. I started spotting within the first month which wasn't a big deal. It went away. But then it became more frequent and anytime I'd get stressed I'd get a period for 5-6 days. If you miss a pill by an hour, you get your period. I have now been bleeding everyday for the past 3 weeks. I had to buy reusable/washable panty liners because I've destroyed most of my underwear. This past week I got super stressed and I've been bleeding extremely heavily. Not just bleeding, but passing massive clots. I'm terrified. I just decided to stop taking this pill and stopped halfway through the 3rd pack. 4 periods a year? Misnomer. This is having your period every day.”

BritAle · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 1, 2019

“This birth control Seasonique caused me to be hospitalized with multiple Pulmonary Embolisms (blood clots in my lungs). While the initial use of this contraceptive and hospitalization was years ago; I am still feeling the effects. Any pregnancy I have will be a high risk, requiring me to take blood thinners and my child will be more susceptible to blood clots in their life times.”

IkeepBleedingKeepKeepBleeding October 29, 2019

“I've been on Seasonique for 6 months and for the first three months it worked as it was supposed to, despite some spotting. Now however, I have an appointment to change it as for the last 40 days I have had a non-stop period. Not simply spotting but continuous bleeding. This is not the birth control for me.”

Happy camper · Taken for 5 to 10 years October 23, 2019

“Been on seasonique for 8 years. Had tiny spotting only twice in this 8 years. Otherwise, my body has fully followed the pack as I think it's suppose to be. I still get migraines on my period but 4 times a year is a way less than 12 times a year. My period at first was a bit more normal, after all these years I'm now a bit lighter than what I used to be.”

cynicaldemiurge · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 17, 2019

“I've been on Seasonique/generics for 4+ years. I've never had any major issue with them. I take the 3 month contraceptive to avoid withdrawal bleeding (I'm not sexually active). Side effects I've experience are spotting maybe once or twice all these years and abdominal pain frequently. Unfortunately it doesn't do much for me once I go through withdrawal bleeding, it's still very painful as my period before I started. But it at least reduces the amount of times I get it. I recommend if you are considering this for period pain/frequency.”

random · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 10, 2019

“I've been on this BC for 1 month. I had no adverse symptoms or side effects for the full 4 weeks (no nausea, bloating, headaches, etc.) until my period started at its usual time... though it's much lighter. On day 4 of my period so hopefully it doesn't last much longer! Having some dull cramping on and off too which is unusual for me. That said, this can happen with any pill when you start so I will give it more time before a final review!”

Camalamadingdong October 5, 2019

“I've been on Seasonique for 6 days, and I am not losing hope just yet! The first 3 days were horrific. Mood swings, nausea, hot/cold flashes, sensitive breasts, and weird appetite changes causing me to under eat. The nausea is still there, but it is slowly getting better. My period started on a Sunday, and that's the first day I took the pill. My period lasted a little longer than normal, but I have stopped bleeding today. Cramps were terrible and I also had really bad gas and a feeling of needing to make a BM in the night. Coming onto day 7, I feel confident in this BC. I've always had terrible, irregular periods, heavy flows, cramps so bad I would call in sick from work, and I was sick of it! I am also anemic, so between the painful cramps and blood loss, my doctor thought BC would be best for me. I'm determined to take at least the full 3 months prescribed so I can get a better idea of it's effects on my body and if it's beneficial or not. So far, could be better, could be worse!”

Jen · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 10, 2019

“I took Seasonique for 7 years. I did get occasional break through bleeding- maybe once a year; however, this was faint, a tiny amount of brown blood and not bothersome. This pill was wonderful for me in every way- no more crazy PMS mood swings, and very light periods, no cramping. I did not take it at the perfect time every day and it did not lead to any problems. I only stopped taking it in August as we want to have a baby.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 9, 2019

“Had some breakthrough bleeding the first few months but after that it works as intended. So nice to only have 4 periods a year! I'll never go back to a regular pill.”

Cassie · Taken for less than 1 month August 25, 2019

“I’ve been on this birth control Seasonique for 10 days and wanted birth control since I used to have anemia. My period normally lasts 7 days but it I STILL have my period and it just seems like it’ll not stop. I’ve stopped taking this pill because I’d rather have my period than not knowing when my period will end since I am regular. I also noticed my heart rate beating extremely fast which caused rapid breathing. I also experienced mood changes and feel a lot more emotional which I normally am not. I’ve stopped taking this as I don’t see it being worth it in the long term.”

Cat · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 13, 2019

“I was on this for a year and a half and I never had periods during the off weeks, which my doctor said was common. I did notice some weight gain and increased appetite. The reason I stopped taking it is because I developed melasma on my forehead and upper lip. I used Nexplanon and other combination pills before this and never had issues with my skin.”

TMCD · Taken for less than 1 month August 6, 2019

“I've been on the Seasonique pill for 10 days. I started taking the pill with 2 days left of my period and I'm still bleeding! Aside from that my breast have been swollen and sore, I've been irritable and my appetite has increased. I'm 5'5'' 120 lbs and after reading reviews I'm scared I'm on track to weight gain.”

M · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 30, 2019

“I have tried a variety of birth controls including IUD, other pills, patches and ring. I’ve never done emotionally well on any; however, I have not been emotionally intolerable but I have been moody and slightly depressive to very depressive for a short while. The biggest issue is I’ve been bleeding for 16 days starting the last week pack 1 and it’s increasing in intensity every day. I feel like it’s never going to end. Just prior to the bleeding starting I had yeast infection type symptoms itching and uncomfortable with no discharge or anything. I’m personally not a fan of this medication. I started as a way of preventing pregnancy and I regret it. I feel like I should have used other forms.”

Malley · Taken for 10 years or more July 10, 2019

“I've been on this pill since 2008. I've been period free since 2009 - I skip the placebo week and move straight to the next pack. When I first started the pill I had horrible side effects (mood swings, breakthrough bleeding) but these have all gone away. I used to have horrible cramps back when I was a teen and that was the initial reason for going on the pill - I actually would go home sick due to the pain. Obviously not an issue now. Definitely would recommend if you want to be period-free. It may take a few months to get to that stage, but well worth it.”