User Reviews for Seasonique to treat Polycystic Ovary Syndrome

Seasonique has an average rating of 4.9 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings for the treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. 25% of those users who reviewed Seasonique reported a positive effect, while 25% reported a negative effect.

Seasonique Rating Summary

4.9/10 average rating

Compare all 25 medications used in the treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome.

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month April 28, 2021

“I tried Seasonique for a month and 3 weeks because it was recommended by a relative, not blood related. It worked for her but I do not think it worked for me . My experience was nausea in the first two weeks but nothing too bad, several weeks in even though I was eating less I actually gained a few lbs, I believe it is water. I also experienced throbbing in my legs, tightness in my back, headaches, lower abdomal cramping (way more than usual) and sometimes chest pain, and overall feeling of heaviness. I stopped taking it due to worrisome side effects being the throbbing and bloating just incase. I have never had a problem with water retention before. I have PCOS so I am used to feeling unwell with some of those things in particular but I think Seasonique heightened them. The benefits were less hair loss , less cravings but not worth the bloat. I hope this medication works for others, I am going to try YAZ next due to it having a different chemical compound.”

Livefree · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 29, 2020

“This birth control caused Focal nodular hyperplasia (FNH) in my liver. I know have 5 masses, that cause me discomfort and pain. after I had my last child I was on seasonique for about a year. I was healthy before that time. I had my gallbladder taken out and while in there they saw tumors. I was told it was most likely caused by this BC. Looking into joining a class action law suit.. DO NOT TAKE THIS MEDICATION! It is not worth it!”

KC · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 13, 2018

“Treated the problem, caused lots of others. Dry brittle hair, awful acne even after 4 months of use, weight gain- had to resort to calorie counting, am starving 24/7. Caused me one major yeast infection when I first started and I have never had one in my life, guess the fluctuating hormones can cause them. Am giving it 6 months before I call it quits, hope it gets better soon.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 13, 2012

“I love this pill! I used to have very painful periods and other birth controls would make me feel worse. My Doctor didn't want to prescribe me this but I wanted it anyway. I only get 4 periods a year. This pill doesn't make me gain weight and it has helped my acne more than others. I have been on this pill for over a year now and I will never switch to anything else. I trust this pill and am very satisfied with it! I would definitely recommend this to any woman out there!”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 18, 2016

“My journey with this BC has been extremely rough, but worth it! I have been diagnosed with PCOS, GERD, IBS - D, generalized anxiety disorder, PTSD, and manic depressive disorder. My gynecologist instructed me to give it 6 months before discontinuing. The first 2 weeks were normal. Then I had spotting for 4 weeks straight. I could deal with that. I figured I hadn't had my period in months due to PCOS so it would take time to regulate. At the 6 week mark I got the heaviest menses of my life with extreme cramping. Ended up in ER twice. Had my period for 12 weeks straight. Off for 3 weeks, back on for 4 weeks. And then it started working normally. Now I have no symptoms at all and get my period every 3 months like clockwork!”

Anonymous March 25, 2011

“I started this birth control six months ago. I was prescribed it for Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and mild Endometrioses. It helped quite a bit with my frequent periods and cystic acne. However, I had constant spotting for the six months I was taking it. I took the pill at the same time every single night and I would still spot! I know this is common with this pill since it is supposed to give you 4 periods a year, but I couldn't take the spotting anymore. I also have absolutely no sex drive. ”

CaroD February 8, 2016

“Two weeks after beginning Seasonique, I began developing severe cramps and heavy bleeding. I went to the doctor who prescribed it to me and he told me to wait it out and to continue taking it. However, about a week later, I was in such severe pain (and extremely nauseous) that I had to be taken to the emergency room. The ER doc said that my symptoms were likely due to the birth control pill, as the body can take two to three months to adjust to it. However, she advised me to stop the pill because I had been bleeding for three weeks and was having severe cramps (worse than my usual periods). I would not recommend this pill to anyone, and I don't know if I'd ever be willing to try another birth control pill again after this awful experience.”

Swagner881 · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 20, 2015

“I have been on Seasonique for 4 weeks now and started bleeding 3 days ago. Not spotting, but full blown bleeding non-stop. I called my OB and the nurse told me to basically deal with it until my body gets used to the drug. She said it could take months, that I could potentially be bleeding, non-stop for the next three months or more she had no idea when it would stop. I was not aware of this when I agreed to this pill, and it is not listed on the side effects. Breakthrough bleeding or spotting is NOT having basically your period for months! For me it doesn't matter if after 3 months it works like a charm, if you randomly get your period for long lengths of time - it defeats the lure of this product.”

Learn more about Polycystic Ovary Syndrome