User Reviews for Seasonique

Learn more about Seasonique.

Reviews for Seasonique to treat Polycystic Ovary Syndrome

"My journey with this BC has been extremely rough, but worth it! I have been diagnosed with PCOS, GERD, IBS - D, generalized anxiety disorder, PTSD, and manic depressive disorder. My gynecologist instructed me to give it 6 months before discontinuing. The first 2 weeks were normal. Then I had spotting for 4 weeks straight. I could deal with that. I figured I hadn't had my period in months due to PCOS so it would take time to regulate. At the 6 week mark I got the heaviest menses of my life with extreme cramping. Ended up in ER twice. Had my period for 12 weeks straight. Off for 3 weeks, back on for 4 weeks. And then it started working normally. Now I have no symptoms at all and get my period every 3 months like clockwork!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 18, 2016

"Two weeks after beginning Seasonique, I began developing severe cramps and heavy bleeding. I went to the doctor who prescribed it to me and he told me to wait it out and to continue taking it. However, about a week later, I was in such severe pain (and extremely nauseous) that I had to be taken to the emergency room. The ER doc said that my symptoms were likely due to the birth control pill, as the body can take two to three months to adjust to it. However, she advised me to stop the pill because I had been bleeding for three weeks and was having severe cramps (worse than my usual periods). I would not recommend this pill to anyone, and I don't know if I'd ever be willing to try another birth control pill again after this awful experience."

CaroD February 8, 2016

"I have been on Seasonique for 4 weeks now and started bleeding 3 days ago. Not spotting, but full blown bleeding non-stop. I called my OB and the nurse told me to basically deal with it until my body gets used to the drug. She said it could take months, that I could potentially be bleeding, non-stop for the next three months or more she had no idea when it would stop. I was not aware of this when I agreed to this pill, and it is not listed on the side effects. Breakthrough bleeding or spotting is NOT having basically your period for months! For me it doesn't matter if after 3 months it works like a charm, if you randomly get your period for long lengths of time - it defeats the lure of this product."

Swagner881 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 20, 2015

"I love this pill! I used to have very painful periods and other birth controls would make me feel worse. My Doctor didn't want to prescribe me this but I wanted it anyway. I only get 4 periods a year. This pill doesn't make me gain weight and it has helped my acne more than others. I have been on this pill for over a year now and I will never switch to anything else. I trust this pill and am very satisfied with it! I would definitely recommend this to any woman out there!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 13, 2012

"I started this birth control six months ago. I was prescribed it for Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and mild Endometrioses. It helped quite a bit with my frequent periods and cystic acne. However, I had constant spotting for the six months I was taking it. I took the pill at the same time every single night and I would still spot! I know this is common with this pill since it is supposed to give you 4 periods a year, but I couldn't take the spotting anymore. I also have absolutely no sex drive. "

Anonymous March 25, 2011