User Reviews for Aviane

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome

1 review 38 medications
Summary of Aviane reviews 6.5 400 reviews

Reviews for Aviane

For Birth Control "Aviane is effective at preventing pregnancy. However, the side effects made the pill intolerable for me. As with all birth control, my physician recommended I give the pill a few months to work. I gave it five months, much to no avail. I’ve had extreme moodiness, acne breakouts consistently (jawline), worsened eczema, fatigue, and morning nausea. I am in the process of switching to another birth control at the moment."

Charlene (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 15, 2018

For Birth Control "I took Aviane FOR three months. Before I started taking this particular brand I had very long heavy periods, little cramps sometimes and a little PMS before I actually started my period. After I started taking this I got frequent headaches, tons of cramps, breast tenderness leading up two my period for the full three weeks, I spotted a little after a week into the pill pack each time. However it did shorten my period by a day or so but still very heavy bleeding. I did notice that I was more irritable as well. It didn't affect my acne at all which I was a little disappointed. I wouldn't say don't try it but it's definitely not the pill for me."

Steve (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 9, 2018

For Birth Control "This pill works wonderfully for me! Only "negative" is about 5 lbs of weight gain. Otherwise, clears my skin, makes skin not oily (face, back, chest), lessens oil on my scalp (hair never gets greasy), reduces body odor, balances mood, cramps are moderate and only for 1 day during my period that is very short (2-4 days) and very light. Went off it once for about 6-8 months: hated it. Back on- great experience on this pill for me."

BayDre (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 5, 2018

For Birth Control "Aviane is the BEST birth control pill I've tried, don't let the bad reviews scare you! I've been on so many: Microgestin, Azurette, Apri, Trinessa, and Tri-lo-sprintec to name a few. I've had side effects with all of those. I had things like breakouts, bloating, insomnia, constipation, mood changes, breakthrough bleeding, so I was nervous to start this. I have not had a single side effect on Aviane! I was worried about maybe having breakouts since I have sensitive skin and was previously on Accutane, but my skin has been smooth and clearer than ever since starting! No bleeding, bloating, or mood changes. I wish I had started it sooner. And my doctor said it's a great low-dose pill. If you have tried them all and lost hope of finding a good pill, try this one, trust me!!!"

lala2525 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 5, 2018

For Birth Control "Did not even feel like I was on BC, had no side effects, it was pretty perfect but got discontinued at my pharmacy and I had to switch to Lessina which was worst BC I've used"

Jackz (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 31, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been using this medication for quite some time. I have never had a reaction to it. No weight gain, clear skin, minimal moodiness close to the time I take my placebo pills. Best birth control I've ever tried and I'm sticking to it unless my doctor forces me off."

Lux (taken for 10 years or more) July 27, 2018

"I’ve been taking this birth control since May and I’ve been breaking out with CYSTIC acne ever since. It’s terrible and nothing will help it. I honestly don’t recommend this birth control if you have acne prone skin like I do. My acne wasn’t nearly as bad as it is now. I would just get a few pimples here and there but they would go away in a day or two. My face is extremely bad now to the point where I can’t even leave my house sometimes."

riley July 18, 2018

For Birth Control "First week of taking the pill was terrible, my period lasted for like 9 days, my breast were extremely tender and I was breaking out. The first 2 months were bad b/c I was spotting, my breast were continously tender & I would break out. The pill was basically giving me the same side-effect that I get when I’m about to get my period but constantly. Also I remember on the 2nd week of being on the pill, right after sex,I would get the worst cramps that would last for 2 mins. I never had this happened previously, but the next week, those stopped. After 3 months, things were normal but a little while after that, I’ve started to get migraines from time to time. Now I’ve been taking it for 5 months. No more spotting or strange cramps after sex but only migraines from time to time and tender breasts once in a blue moon. Also a lil break outs."

SB (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 2, 2018

For Birth Control "I switched from another birth control to Aviane. I have severe mood swings, and I’ve gone off on family, friends, and customers due to it. My emotions are ridiculous and I’ve only been on this birth control for 2 months. Menstrual cramps don’t last forever but periods do. I also have more acne, so I do not recommend this."

Kay (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 30, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Before I begin my review, I would like to point out to other viewers that some other reviews may scare you, but you should not be intimidated by them, as everyone has a different experience on birth control. That being said, I was iron deficient due to my menstrual cycle, but I was extremely against birth control as a solution for irrational reasons (weight gain, acne, chest growth). Once I began taking Aviane, it not only did its job of regulating my period within the first twenty four hours, but it also cleared up my skin and stopped my hormonal mood swings for the most part. Weight gain has not been too much of an issue either, as I have not gained a noticeable amount of weight. Overall, I have been very happy with the results of this medication, and would recommend it to others, especially those with heavy menstrual cycles."

M (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 24, 2018

For Birth Control "Been on for many years. Period is VERY light and only 4 days. No acne issues. Stomach hurts sometimes but I just take it at night. Some mood swings during placebo week."

M (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 19, 2018

For Birth Control "Been on this pill for about a year now and have to say not too bad. Was switched to this from Lutera from the pharmacy not continuing Lutera. No acne or weight gain problems, but did see a change in mood. Almost like my temper was more short fused and I got angry more easily. Period is regular for the most part, but sometimes I have bleeding while on active pills and it lasts forever. Also, before getting on birth control I rarely had cramps. Now I get them with every period and they’re really uncomfortable. I’m sexually active so that’s why I continue to take the pill, and no scares thus far."

Liv (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 12, 2018

For Birth Control "If you have acne prone skin, DO NOT use this birth control. I’m aware that different people react differently to things, but before taking this pill I had slightly acne prone skin (like one or two pimples at a time) and about a month after I started taking Aviane, my face blew up. No over the counter treatments or prescription topicals worked to clear it. It got so bad in two months that when I went back to the dermatologist I immediately was given a prescription for Accutane. Even now, I’ve been taking the Accutane with an added antibiotic for a month and a half and my skin looks no better. I do NOT recommend this pill for acne prone people, however it is important to note that it did get my insane periods under control."

Pimply (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 9, 2018

For Birth Control "My experience on this medication was awful. For the first week, I felt sick to my stomach, which I understand is a fairly common side effect. But then I developed a really horrible headache that felt similar to a low grade migraine, and vomited up everything that I tried to eat. The headache and vomiting lasted for about a day, and I discontinued the pill immediately. My symptoms subsided, and thankfully I feel much better now that this drug isn't in my system anymore."

Lacey81 (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on Aviane for more than two years now and it’s the best. It’s helped my body and my periods and I originally got it because of endometriosis and it helps with that too. I haven’t gotten pregnant and I just think it’s so good! I love it!"

Ali (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 22, 2018

For Birth Control "Back again for an update and I must say I HATE this birth control now. I’ve been on it for 7 months and I have bled 3 weeks a month since I started this pill. I’m always sleepy, my moods are TERRIBLE I’m constantly irritated and rarely ever happy and I wasn’t like this until I started this BC. I completely stopped having acne and haven’t had any pregnancy scares obviously since I’m constantly bleeding. I was previously on lutera, but I got switched to aviane because lutera is no longer in pharmacies. Moral of the story I am getting off of this birth control I can’t take the constant bleeding and cramping for 3 weeks straight."

Unknown (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 4, 2018

For Birth Control "This birth control was great for the first few months. Then, my hair started to fall out and got progressively thinner. It was a good birth control overall with no weight gain, nausea, bloating, etc, sans for the hair loss."

slightly satisfied (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 30, 2018

For Birth Control "When I first started taking this pill I broke out along my jawline due to hormone changes and my body adjusting to it. After 2 months my acne improved, but the downside was that I got very bad mood swings. It wasn't after I stoped taking the pill that I realized how depressed and short- tempered I had become. With that being said it helps with clearing acne, but gives you bad mood swings."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 27, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on this pill for over two years now and it does the job. I don’t notice any significant changes in my self besides the norm. My period usually comes on on the fourth day of the placebo week and is done after just 3 days. I am sexually active and have been since being on the pill and have had no scares."

Pillpopperlady (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 11, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been taking this birth control for almost a year and I really enjoyed it. In the past few months my periods have become somewhat irregular though. In the third month of taking this pill, my acne was terrible but it subsided after that. My doctor just switched me to Aubra though, she said it is exactly like Aviane so hopefully everything works out."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 2, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been taking aviane for 6 months and I didn’t experience any side effects, it cleared up my acne, I didn’t gain any weight, no vomiting, nothing. But my pharmacist changed me to vienva because they not longer stock aviane any more. I'm giving it a chance. But aviane highly recommend."

Dassme (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 29, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on aviane for 1 week. I was so scared to start BC. I was on yaz for about 2 years 3 years ago and it was not good. Aviane: no weight gain so far, my breast got a bigger, super clear skin, increase libido, loss appetite, no nausea, no headache. Yaz: 1st week nightmare dizzy and severe nausea, it went away after the 1st week, no weight gain, loss libido, got very emotional. Every woman is different, but in my personal experience aviane has been by far better and a good option overall."

Becky 27 March 22, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I was on Falmina for three years, but when Walgreen's bought Rite Aid I was given Aviane, exact same low dose as Falmina but the generic brand. I've never had breakthrough bleeding on Falmina, but with Aviane I bled EVERY DAY of the pack. Also, I've had terrible anxiety and mood changes. Never taking this pill again."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 18, 2018

For Birth Control "Good pill it works good for me :)"

Pink flower (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 14, 2018

For Birth Control "Aviane was my first experience with birth control and I have to say I'm pretty happy with it. I was severely nauseous at the beginning, but that passed after the first week. Also, I noticed I was becoming really tired and sleepy (like unable to stay awake) which was a problem since I was taking it around lunch time. So I switched the time I took it to 8 PM and wow! I sleep like a baby. No acne, no pain, no spotting."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 9, 2018