User Reviews for Aviane

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome

1 review 38 medications
Summary of Aviane reviews 6.5 410 reviews

Reviews for Aviane

For Birth Control "I gained 18 pounds on this birth control, I’ve always had a very fast metabolism then I got on this and that just screwed it up. I was on aviane for 6 months I finally had to just get off it, I got it because I have very heavy periods and horrible cramps and if anything, my birth control helped make it worse. I stuck it out because everyone said it would get better but I just got SICK OF IT!!!! I switched birth control very recently to zovia hopefully this works better for me! "

MC (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 7, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on Alesse for years and my drug plan changed and I was only allowed to get the generic Aviane 21. I’m on day 9 and I’ve gained 16 lbs and have bad headaches about 1 hour after I take it. I’m taking Advil ES every evening because of it. My weight has been the same for about 15 years maybe a fluctuation of a pound once in a while but 16 lbs in 9 days? My doctor I’ve seen for the entire time and she always does a weight and nothing has changed. This is a dangerous generic version and I stopped taking it tonight. Imagine I kept taking it for the entire month? I would have gained so much weight and had such strain on my heart. Horrible never take this. If I could have given it a zero I would have. Now I have to be off birth control for a while then go back on the Alesse."

RiRi (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2018

For Birth Control "Headaches, fatigue and slight dizziness/nausea for the first week of taking this... normal??? I feel pretty gross and am wondering if it’s worth it. Do the symptoms go away once your body gets used to it?"

Birthcontroluser (taken for less than 1 month) October 2, 2018

For Birth Control "I was put on Avaine which has been one of the worst experiences of my life!!! I was recently in the ER because I was experiencing shortness of breath every time I stood up, irregular heartbeats, and chills. I took it at night and by the second morning after being on it I cried SIX times in one day! I am a super happy, upbeat, friendly person who isn’t usually very emotional but this pill took me from being my usual optimistic self to a depressed mess that doesn’t want to get out of bed or talk to anyone! Its so bad that I’ve seriously been looking up ways to detox my body from this pill. I have no emotion other than depressed, angry, sad, annoyed, irritated or just overall blah. My breasts have been hurting every time I lay on my stomach and they were growing quickly. From here on out I would much rather deal with severe cramps, headaches and horrible periods then EVER take this pill again!!!! I do NOT recommend this pill to ANYONE! Ever!"

BethW (taken for less than 1 month) September 30, 2018

For Birth Control "I started taking aviane because my old birth control made me gain a lot of weight and my skin broke out. Aviane was great at first it actually made me lose about 20 pounds and cleared my skin however it did make me extremely depressed and I recently just got off of it after taking it for a year and suddenly when I stopped taking it my mood instantly got better and grey is no longer the color of my walls :)"

anon (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 23, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on this birth control for a few years. I had absolutely zero problems. No weight gain , no terrible cramps although I did have normal cramping. I did feel emotional at times but not anything that was affecting me majorly. I was switched to a different birth control and I’m not happy."

Kay (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 19, 2018

For Birth Control "I was so afraid of taking birth control again after having so many bad experiences with other ones but I am so happy I gave this one a chance. Previous pills I was on Kariva, Sprintec, Orthotricyclen- ALL made me gain weight; super moody, and always depressed. This pill works for me, honestly. I have zero side effects, no weight gain, my skin is so clear it freaks me out. The only side effect is my breasts grew from an A to a full B.. they're still growing I'm a little concerned but hey free boob job essentially! So girls if you had a bad reaction to the pills I mentioned above maybe give this one a try!"

lena September 4, 2018

For Birth Control "Initially this pill was great! I had no side effects whatsoever. However, around week 2 of taking it, I started essentially what was a second period. This lasted for about a week. The breakthrough bleeding was so bad that I had to stop taking this pill. I wouldn’t recommend this to anyone who has regular menstrual cycles, as it totally messed mine up."

helia45367 (taken for less than 1 month) September 4, 2018

For Birth Control "I switched brands to Aviane. I have been taking this for three months now. First two months were awful. My symptoms were synonymous with pregnancy symptoms and I even had to take a pregnancy test. I had spotting, awful cramps, weight gain, breakouts, breast tenderness, morning sickness, fatigue, mood swings and even depression. Now, things are starting to get better. I only get headaches occasionally, painful cramping, and breast tenderness. My skin has completely cleared up much to my surprise. I am iffy about this brand of birth control. I'm going to continue for a couple more months and if things get better I will stay on it and if things worsen again I am going to switch."

KellyT (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 29, 2018

For Birth Control "I used this for a few reasons. It helped make my periods lighter. I never had issues with that. But: 1. It made my hair fall out and thin out. 2. It gave me bumps all over my forehead. 3. I believe this pill aided me in becoming severely depressed. I've never been like this in my life. But I was heading in that direction while taking this. I felt completely numb every day. I naturally have anxiety and depression, but I have never been that bad ever. I think it made it worse. 4. I kept getting UTIs after sex while on this. I was always very dry "down there". Most likely due to the pill. I think it helped cause infections. 5. I also gained a few lbs on this and wasn't able to get rid of it, it seemed like. I stopped taking it and went on something else. My skin cleared up. My hair doesn't fall out as much. I haven't had another UTI so far. I'm definitely not as depressed as I was, but I want to wait longer to see with that."

bbbop (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 24, 2018

For Birth Control "Aviane is effective at preventing pregnancy. However, the side effects made the pill intolerable for me. As with all birth control, my physician recommended I give the pill a few months to work. I gave it five months, much to no avail. I’ve had extreme moodiness, acne breakouts consistently (jawline), worsened eczema, fatigue, and morning nausea. I am in the process of switching to another birth control at the moment."

Charlene (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 15, 2018

For Birth Control "I took Aviane FOR three months. Before I started taking this particular brand I had very long heavy periods, little cramps sometimes and a little PMS before I actually started my period. After I started taking this I got frequent headaches, tons of cramps, breast tenderness leading up two my period for the full three weeks, I spotted a little after a week into the pill pack each time. However it did shorten my period by a day or so but still very heavy bleeding. I did notice that I was more irritable as well. It didn't affect my acne at all which I was a little disappointed. I wouldn't say don't try it but it's definitely not the pill for me."

Steve (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 9, 2018

For Birth Control "This pill works wonderfully for me! Only "negative" is about 5 lbs of weight gain. Otherwise, clears my skin, makes skin not oily (face, back, chest), lessens oil on my scalp (hair never gets greasy), reduces body odor, balances mood, cramps are moderate and only for 1 day during my period that is very short (2-4 days) and very light. Went off it once for about 6-8 months: hated it. Back on- great experience on this pill for me."

BayDre (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 5, 2018

For Birth Control "Aviane is the BEST birth control pill I've tried, don't let the bad reviews scare you! I've been on so many: Microgestin, Azurette, Apri, Trinessa, and Tri-lo-sprintec to name a few. I've had side effects with all of those. I had things like breakouts, bloating, insomnia, constipation, mood changes, breakthrough bleeding, so I was nervous to start this. I have not had a single side effect on Aviane! I was worried about maybe having breakouts since I have sensitive skin and was previously on Accutane, but my skin has been smooth and clearer than ever since starting! No bleeding, bloating, or mood changes. I wish I had started it sooner. And my doctor said it's a great low-dose pill. If you have tried them all and lost hope of finding a good pill, try this one, trust me!!!"

lala2525 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 5, 2018

For Birth Control "Did not even feel like I was on BC, had no side effects, it was pretty perfect but got discontinued at my pharmacy and I had to switch to Lessina which was worst BC I've used"

Jackz (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 31, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been using this medication for quite some time. I have never had a reaction to it. No weight gain, clear skin, minimal moodiness close to the time I take my placebo pills. Best birth control I've ever tried and I'm sticking to it unless my doctor forces me off."

Lux (taken for 10 years or more) July 27, 2018

"I’ve been taking this birth control since May and I’ve been breaking out with CYSTIC acne ever since. It’s terrible and nothing will help it. I honestly don’t recommend this birth control if you have acne prone skin like I do. My acne wasn’t nearly as bad as it is now. I would just get a few pimples here and there but they would go away in a day or two. My face is extremely bad now to the point where I can’t even leave my house sometimes."

riley July 18, 2018

For Birth Control "First week of taking the pill was terrible, my period lasted for like 9 days, my breast were extremely tender and I was breaking out. The first 2 months were bad b/c I was spotting, my breast were continously tender & I would break out. The pill was basically giving me the same side-effect that I get when I’m about to get my period but constantly. Also I remember on the 2nd week of being on the pill, right after sex,I would get the worst cramps that would last for 2 mins. I never had this happened previously, but the next week, those stopped. After 3 months, things were normal but a little while after that, I’ve started to get migraines from time to time. Now I’ve been taking it for 5 months. No more spotting or strange cramps after sex but only migraines from time to time and tender breasts once in a blue moon. Also a lil break outs."

SB (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 2, 2018

For Birth Control "I switched from another birth control to Aviane. I have severe mood swings, and I’ve gone off on family, friends, and customers due to it. My emotions are ridiculous and I’ve only been on this birth control for 2 months. Menstrual cramps don’t last forever but periods do. I also have more acne, so I do not recommend this."

Kay (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 30, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Before I begin my review, I would like to point out to other viewers that some other reviews may scare you, but you should not be intimidated by them, as everyone has a different experience on birth control. That being said, I was iron deficient due to my menstrual cycle, but I was extremely against birth control as a solution for irrational reasons (weight gain, acne, chest growth). Once I began taking Aviane, it not only did its job of regulating my period within the first twenty four hours, but it also cleared up my skin and stopped my hormonal mood swings for the most part. Weight gain has not been too much of an issue either, as I have not gained a noticeable amount of weight. Overall, I have been very happy with the results of this medication, and would recommend it to others, especially those with heavy menstrual cycles."

M (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 24, 2018

For Birth Control "Been on for many years. Period is VERY light and only 4 days. No acne issues. Stomach hurts sometimes but I just take it at night. Some mood swings during placebo week."

M (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 19, 2018

For Birth Control "Been on this pill for about a year now and have to say not too bad. Was switched to this from Lutera from the pharmacy not continuing Lutera. No acne or weight gain problems, but did see a change in mood. Almost like my temper was more short fused and I got angry more easily. Period is regular for the most part, but sometimes I have bleeding while on active pills and it lasts forever. Also, before getting on birth control I rarely had cramps. Now I get them with every period and they’re really uncomfortable. I’m sexually active so that’s why I continue to take the pill, and no scares thus far."

Liv (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 12, 2018

For Birth Control "If you have acne prone skin, DO NOT use this birth control. I’m aware that different people react differently to things, but before taking this pill I had slightly acne prone skin (like one or two pimples at a time) and about a month after I started taking Aviane, my face blew up. No over the counter treatments or prescription topicals worked to clear it. It got so bad in two months that when I went back to the dermatologist I immediately was given a prescription for Accutane. Even now, I’ve been taking the Accutane with an added antibiotic for a month and a half and my skin looks no better. I do NOT recommend this pill for acne prone people, however it is important to note that it did get my insane periods under control."

Pimply (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 9, 2018

For Birth Control "My experience on this medication was awful. For the first week, I felt sick to my stomach, which I understand is a fairly common side effect. But then I developed a really horrible headache that felt similar to a low grade migraine, and vomited up everything that I tried to eat. The headache and vomiting lasted for about a day, and I discontinued the pill immediately. My symptoms subsided, and thankfully I feel much better now that this drug isn't in my system anymore."

Lacey81 (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on Aviane for more than two years now and it’s the best. It’s helped my body and my periods and I originally got it because of endometriosis and it helps with that too. I haven’t gotten pregnant and I just think it’s so good! I love it!"

Ali (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 22, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...