User Reviews for Aviane

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome

1 review 38 medications
Summary of Aviane reviews 6.4 421 reviews

Reviews for Aviane

For Birth Control "I have only been on this birth control for one week. DO NOT TAKE THIS. I have been angry, anxious and having really dark thoughts. I am never like this. I noticed my behavior changed drastically over the weekend. I also now have a yeast infection. I'm very red and the skin is sore. I wanted this to work but it has been scary as hell. I hope I go back to normal ASAP. Please monitor your mood if you are new to taking this."

ncerutti (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2019

For Birth Control "It’s my first bc pill and I am highly nauseous and my headaches are increased and a lot more painful. Not happy and will not proceed with this therapy any longer."

Am (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2019

For Birth Control "So I’ve been taking this for 3 months now and I am not pregnant so yay! But it has made my breasts shrink two cup sizes I don’t like looking at myself in the mirror which makes me very depressed. My bras do not fit me anymore. I went from a D to a B/C. Also if I accidentally skip a day or so or if I take the placebo pills, I get diarrhea. My hair is also greasy. But honestly if I didn’t get my body by taking this. I would continue cause it’s pretty much the best I’ve tried."

KB (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 18, 2018

For Birth Control "Started off taking the birth control and I thought it was fine... then I noticed myself gaining weight even though I workout 6 days a week and my acne got so bad I would cry because it would hurt so bad. It wasn’t always my face mainly my back and it worsened my eczema by making my skin very dry. I also experienced fatigue a lot more while on this. I took myself off of it and now I’m in the process of starting something new."

Laggy (taken for less than 1 month) December 15, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I just started this birth control and I've been on it for a little over 2 weeks now. After only 4 days, I started experiencing symptoms. My skin is an oil slick and somewhat breaking out/my eye make up wont stay on as a result. My chest is breaking out and my hair is greasy before the end of the day and it is flat. I'm literally having hot flashes which are screwing up my sleep cycles. I just talked to my doctor and I'm getting off this pill ASAP. Wouldn't recommend for acne at all, if you're acne prone this bc will most likely not help you. My face is back to being as oily as it was before I ever started birth control."

lemonworld (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on this bc for 2 years and no problems at all"

sillyvmom (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 18, 2018

For Birth Control "THIS IS THE BEST BIRTH CONTROL PILL EVER! I wanted to share my experience with everyone because after choosing a wrong pill before I realized how important it is to search to find the right pill. I'm on my 3rd month so far and I see no effect on myself. My weight is the same, my skin is the same, I don't have nausea or a headache (as I experienced on my previous pill called Esme) My mood is normal as how I am as usual. I loved this pill because I see no effect. So, I can move on to my life like I'm not on a pill. I started this pill after reading so many good comments about it and I definitely recommend it!!!"

asenatuna (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 15, 2018

For Birth Control "Aviane is the first birth control pill I’ve ever taken. I’ve been on it for 11 months now. The pros - my skin has cleared up a lot and I barely breakout. I haven’t gotten pregnant. I have lost weight 12 lbs, but I do workout and diet so that may be why I lost weight. The cons - I’ve had abnormal bleeding since I started the pill I thought it’d be gone by now considering “breakthrough bleeding” is very common but it hasn’t. I don’t think I’ve gone a full week without bleeding but it’s not like a heavy period. It’s more of spotting and I wear tampon so I don't have to deal with the blood. It’s very annoying and I’m debating on switching bc pills but I really don’t know how my body will react to an alternative brand. Moods - I don’t really get moody, I’m more blah and laid back. Actually my moods seem stable now, I used to PMS bad. I would recommend this pill minus the ANNOYING SPOTTING but I will give it a chance and hope it goes away completely."

Dolly November 11, 2018

For Birth Control "After reading all these negative reviews I suddenly don’t feel as alone. I’ve been on this birth control for 4 years and I truly think it it’s the root to my problems. On my placebo week I feel 10x better. Then I start back up and my stomach is terrible I’m nauseous 24/7, I’ve definitely gained 10+ pounds, exhausted all the time. I am calling my doctor to change me this week because I can’t do it anymore. I also am a very upbeat person and I feel as if this drug makes me have mood swings which is unlike me and then I get upset because I don’t know why I’m feeling so terrible. The bloating is so bad, my boobs get incredibly sore sometimes. I’ve taken pregnancy tests just because my symptoms mimicked pregnancy ones too closely. Not worth it"

Anonymous November 2, 2018

For Birth Control "I initially wanted an IUD, but went on the pill so I could manipulate my period so I wouldn’t be on my period for my honeymoon. I had horrible breakthrough bleeding my wedding day and whole honeymoon, so that whole point was moot. The absolute worst part is that I have had severe anxiety and paranoia, something I have never experienced before. I am constantly in fear of horrible things happening, it is so severe it is effecting my quality of life. I can barely walk outside by myself without going into full panic mode. This all started shortly after starting Aviane, there has been no other factor that would cause this. I have insane mood swings, extreme irritability, nausea, my chest went from a D to a DDD in the first month, I got cystic acne the first few months, and I still get bad cramps during my period. I made an appointment to switch to a copper IUD, I can’t handle the hormones."

Britt October 16, 2018

For Birth Control "I’m still on this pill, but every website said that after 2-3 months that the breakthrough bleeding would end, but I’m almost on month 6 and my bleeding just won’t stop! I go at least 2 weeks on my period now and I get so frustrated!!! I ran out of period panties!!!!!!! I’m getting super moody too because of the long periods. I’m on the pill to reduce my previously long periods, but now they’re even worse!!!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 11, 2018

For Birth Control "I gained 18 pounds on this birth control, I’ve always had a very fast metabolism then I got on this and that just screwed it up. I was on aviane for 6 months I finally had to just get off it, I got it because I have very heavy periods and horrible cramps and if anything, my birth control helped make it worse. I stuck it out because everyone said it would get better but I just got SICK OF IT!!!! I switched birth control very recently to zovia hopefully this works better for me! "

MC (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 7, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on Alesse for years and my drug plan changed and I was only allowed to get the generic Aviane 21. I’m on day 9 and I’ve gained 16 lbs and have bad headaches about 1 hour after I take it. I’m taking Advil ES every evening because of it. My weight has been the same for about 15 years maybe a fluctuation of a pound once in a while but 16 lbs in 9 days? My doctor I’ve seen for the entire time and she always does a weight and nothing has changed. This is a dangerous generic version and I stopped taking it tonight. Imagine I kept taking it for the entire month? I would have gained so much weight and had such strain on my heart. Horrible never take this. If I could have given it a zero I would have. Now I have to be off birth control for a while then go back on the Alesse."

RiRi (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2018

For Birth Control "Headaches, fatigue and slight dizziness/nausea for the first week of taking this... normal??? I feel pretty gross and am wondering if it’s worth it. Do the symptoms go away once your body gets used to it?"

Birthcontroluser (taken for less than 1 month) October 2, 2018

For Birth Control "I was put on Avaine which has been one of the worst experiences of my life!!! I was recently in the ER because I was experiencing shortness of breath every time I stood up, irregular heartbeats, and chills. I took it at night and by the second morning after being on it I cried SIX times in one day! I am a super happy, upbeat, friendly person who isn’t usually very emotional but this pill took me from being my usual optimistic self to a depressed mess that doesn’t want to get out of bed or talk to anyone! Its so bad that I’ve seriously been looking up ways to detox my body from this pill. I have no emotion other than depressed, angry, sad, annoyed, irritated or just overall blah. My breasts have been hurting every time I lay on my stomach and they were growing quickly. From here on out I would much rather deal with severe cramps, headaches and horrible periods then EVER take this pill again!!!! I do NOT recommend this pill to ANYONE! Ever!"

BethW (taken for less than 1 month) September 30, 2018

For Birth Control "I started taking aviane because my old birth control made me gain a lot of weight and my skin broke out. Aviane was great at first it actually made me lose about 20 pounds and cleared my skin however it did make me extremely depressed and I recently just got off of it after taking it for a year and suddenly when I stopped taking it my mood instantly got better and grey is no longer the color of my walls :)"

anon (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 23, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on this birth control for a few years. I had absolutely zero problems. No weight gain , no terrible cramps although I did have normal cramping. I did feel emotional at times but not anything that was affecting me majorly. I was switched to a different birth control and I’m not happy."

Kay (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 19, 2018

For Birth Control "I was so afraid of taking birth control again after having so many bad experiences with other ones but I am so happy I gave this one a chance. Previous pills I was on Kariva, Sprintec, Orthotricyclen- ALL made me gain weight; super moody, and always depressed. This pill works for me, honestly. I have zero side effects, no weight gain, my skin is so clear it freaks me out. The only side effect is my breasts grew from an A to a full B.. they're still growing I'm a little concerned but hey free boob job essentially! So girls if you had a bad reaction to the pills I mentioned above maybe give this one a try!"

lena September 4, 2018

For Birth Control "Initially this pill was great! I had no side effects whatsoever. However, around week 2 of taking it, I started essentially what was a second period. This lasted for about a week. The breakthrough bleeding was so bad that I had to stop taking this pill. I wouldn’t recommend this to anyone who has regular menstrual cycles, as it totally messed mine up."

helia45367 (taken for less than 1 month) September 4, 2018

For Birth Control "I switched brands to Aviane. I have been taking this for three months now. First two months were awful. My symptoms were synonymous with pregnancy symptoms and I even had to take a pregnancy test. I had spotting, awful cramps, weight gain, breakouts, breast tenderness, morning sickness, fatigue, mood swings and even depression. Now, things are starting to get better. I only get headaches occasionally, painful cramping, and breast tenderness. My skin has completely cleared up much to my surprise. I am iffy about this brand of birth control. I'm going to continue for a couple more months and if things get better I will stay on it and if things worsen again I am going to switch."

KellyT (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 29, 2018

For Birth Control "I used this for a few reasons. It helped make my periods lighter. I never had issues with that. But: 1. It made my hair fall out and thin out. 2. It gave me bumps all over my forehead. 3. I believe this pill aided me in becoming severely depressed. I've never been like this in my life. But I was heading in that direction while taking this. I felt completely numb every day. I naturally have anxiety and depression, but I have never been that bad ever. I think it made it worse. 4. I kept getting UTIs after sex while on this. I was always very dry "down there". Most likely due to the pill. I think it helped cause infections. 5. I also gained a few lbs on this and wasn't able to get rid of it, it seemed like. I stopped taking it and went on something else. My skin cleared up. My hair doesn't fall out as much. I haven't had another UTI so far. I'm definitely not as depressed as I was, but I want to wait longer to see with that."

bbbop (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 24, 2018

For Birth Control "Aviane is effective at preventing pregnancy. However, the side effects made the pill intolerable for me. As with all birth control, my physician recommended I give the pill a few months to work. I gave it five months, much to no avail. I’ve had extreme moodiness, acne breakouts consistently (jawline), worsened eczema, fatigue, and morning nausea. I am in the process of switching to another birth control at the moment."

Charlene (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 15, 2018

For Birth Control "I took Aviane FOR three months. Before I started taking this particular brand I had very long heavy periods, little cramps sometimes and a little PMS before I actually started my period. After I started taking this I got frequent headaches, tons of cramps, breast tenderness leading up two my period for the full three weeks, I spotted a little after a week into the pill pack each time. However it did shorten my period by a day or so but still very heavy bleeding. I did notice that I was more irritable as well. It didn't affect my acne at all which I was a little disappointed. I wouldn't say don't try it but it's definitely not the pill for me."

Steve (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 9, 2018

For Birth Control "This pill works wonderfully for me! Only "negative" is about 5 lbs of weight gain. Otherwise, clears my skin, makes skin not oily (face, back, chest), lessens oil on my scalp (hair never gets greasy), reduces body odor, balances mood, cramps are moderate and only for 1 day during my period that is very short (2-4 days) and very light. Went off it once for about 6-8 months: hated it. Back on- great experience on this pill for me."

BayDre (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 5, 2018

For Birth Control "Aviane is the BEST birth control pill I've tried, don't let the bad reviews scare you! I've been on so many: Microgestin, Azurette, Apri, Trinessa, and Tri-lo-sprintec to name a few. I've had side effects with all of those. I had things like breakouts, bloating, insomnia, constipation, mood changes, breakthrough bleeding, so I was nervous to start this. I have not had a single side effect on Aviane! I was worried about maybe having breakouts since I have sensitive skin and was previously on Accutane, but my skin has been smooth and clearer than ever since starting! No bleeding, bloating, or mood changes. I wish I had started it sooner. And my doctor said it's a great low-dose pill. If you have tried them all and lost hope of finding a good pill, try this one, trust me!!!"

lala2525 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 5, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...