User Reviews for Aviane

4.6
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome 1 reviews 40 medications

Summary of Aviane reviews 340 reviews 5.8

Reviews for Aviane

For Birth Control "After switching birth control pills I was really happy to find this one. I experienced no nausea, headaches, and zero mood swings. My last birth control contributed to horrible emotional ups and downs, but this one seems to not even affect my emotions. So thankful to have found a pill with no noticeable side effects for me! Everyone's body chemistry is different though, so find what's right for you."

Mountainmonkey (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started this birth control 2 months ago and I have never had acne or skin problems and I'm getting small zits/bumps/acne around my chin and jawline and I've done a ton of research and it's hormonal. My diet hasn't been the best so that probably doesn't help either. My mood has definitely levelled off and I feel more calm overall I think than my last bc but I cannot stand getting this acne I'm developing."

art25 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been using this for about three or four months , I haven't had any major mood swings or major acne breakouts but I have been experiencing abnormally painful cramps and an extremely heavy flow. A super to super plus tampon will only last me maybe one hour."

Manda9412 September 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I begin this medicine because I had trouble with regulating my cycle. Biggest mistake ever! I have been bleeding non stop going on three weeks and the cramps and abdominal pain is unreal. I couldn't even finish a whole month because of the side effects. I do not recommend this product at all."

C PRaynor (taken for less than 1 month) September 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "My experience with Aviane has been really amazing. I lost a little weight when I was first put on it, but my appetite seemed relatively normal. I've not had any luck with it reducing acne, however, my period became completely regular. I can pinpoint it's start within a 32 hr range, and it has reduced my flow and cramps significantly. I used to get nauseous and dizzy when my period would start, and now, other than the occasional light cramping, it is hardly noticable."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "It works well enough to prevent pregnancy, but I hate this pill. I've tried three different brand over the course of two years and this is by far the worst. I normally have anxiety, but this pill makes me constantly stressed. I am constantly frustrated and angry for no reason; it's not mood swings, I'm just so mad all the time. None of these mental health issues appeared before I began taking this pill and honestly I'm going to quit as soon as I'm on a new method."

Anonymous August 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on birth control for almost 2 years and have gone through about 8 different brands of pill. Aviane if the only one that keeps my emotions balanced. I noticed a little weight gain, and my breasts got bigger, but really other than that its been effective, affordable, and doesn't cause me stress or discomfort. My periods went from 7-9 days to 3-5 days and its great."

weldingbabe (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Amazing! It broke me out the first two months, but by now, at month six, my skin has been completely clear. I use to struggle with PMDD, which gave me really bad depression around my period. Now, I feel so much more stable and my depression and mood swings are gone. No weight gain, I actually lost a few pounds. No bad side effects at all! Would recommend this to anyone if you're looking for birth control with only positive side effects. And of course, I have not gotten pregnant."

samantha2498 July 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on this birth control for about two years & this is the only one I've ever used. I can say I've definitely gained weight but I'm sure it had to do with many other factors as well. Sex drive decreased and I get moody and irritable. However, nothing is extreme & it does its job. I've noticed constant mood swings the week after my period or the first week of the pills so I sometimes double up to avoid the dip In hormones. I guess it's good enough to the point where I don't want to trial and error any other one so that's why I stay on it. Everyone's body's are so different"

LC12345 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I'm on my second pack about 2 & a half weeks in. So far I feel better overall with my mood besides the fact that life's been stressing me out. My only complaints are the acne and my breasts grew so much and I'm having a hard time with how much they've grown so quick. I also feel hungry all the time and feel like I've gained weight. Other than that it's helped my mood turn from sad and moody to pretty calm and happy"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ovarian Cysts "After the 1 month, I started to have headaches, I've always have cysts and as a consequence, acne. It got WORSE! Terrible! And I started to have hair everywhere! It's horrible! Dr said it was going to get better after the 3 months, it's been 6 and it's just worse everyday. I'm definitely changing."

Anonymous June 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on this birth control for 8 months. It would work perfect for me if it wasn't for the acne. I have no mood swings, my period is normal (can be crampy for the first day, but nothing too crazy), my sex drive is normal (definitely increased compared to Yaz!), and I have been able to lose weight on it. However, it has not helped my acne at all. I think it actually makes it worse. I think I will be switching soon for that reason. I should also mention if I don't take it within an hour or 2 everyday, it totally messes up my period and I will get my period at the most random times, even when I was not on the placebo week. I remember when I first started it I got my period every other week (lasting 4-5 days each time), but that went away."

Runnergrlx178 June 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I am a 48 year old athlete with little body fat. I have not had a period or 4 years. Recently my hair began thinning and sex has been very painful. My doc suggested that I have blood tests to determine whether or not I was in menopause. The tests showed that my estrogen was low, so he prescribed me Aviane. This pill has been my MIRACLE drug. My hair stopped falling out, sex is no longer painful, and I feel happy all the time. NO issues except for very light spotting while taking the hormonal pills. I did call my doc to ask if this was normal, and he said that it was my body adjusting to the new hormone. I am very very satisfied with the outcome!"

gamine (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was scared to try birth control for the first time, especially after reading the horror stories here. But people only post things if something happens. For me, nothing has happened. The first day I had crazy mood swings, but maybe it was placebo effect. I was scared that I would lose all my progress with depression, but actually nothing has happened. I'm still the cheerful, calm person I was before starting it. The rest of the week nothing happened. I even forgot I'm taking BC at all. I guess I did break out a lot more and my skin's pretty raw, but I'm only on it for Accutane so it'll be fun to see the chemicals duke it out."

Accugains (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for about 9 months now and I'm either switching to another pill or just getting off it in general. This pill overall isn't terrible but I do have a few complaints. It made me gain a little bit of weight, typical. But what really bothers me is the week before I'm going to start my period I spot for about 2 days. What also bothers me is my period is now 10 days long -_-"

taytay1621 May 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have only been on it for a month but nothing terrible. No weight gain, in fact lost 5 pounds but I was super aware of my eating habits since I didn't want to gain any. I did have like mini emotional episode 2 weeks in where I was anxious but it was only for 2 days and I haven't felt anything since. I did experience nausea for the first week or so, but that went away. Over all I really like this pill and will probably stick with it but its important to remember that everyones body is going to react differently so try it out and see if it works for you or not!"

not too bad April 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on this birth control for over a year now, so I have a pretty good idea of its effectiveness. Overall, I am extremely satisfied with this medication and I have had a positive experience with it. The only downside is that I experienced crazy mood swings the first 3 months of starting the medication, but it regulated itself and went away. Other than that, I am obviously not pregnant, did not gain weight, never had problems with acne, and no nausea. It also regulates my period and my period starts on the exact anticipated day every single month for over a year."

tellatella April 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I experienced severe stomach pain for 12 months on this medication. The pain was intense, every single day, to the point where I thought I was going to lose my mind. I had an endoscopy that my insurance did NOT cover at $1000 dollars and the results were inconclusive. They kept telling me I had acid refulx. Their pills didnt help at, and I had anxiety related side effects. I finally did some research on this drug and it says that rarely the properties of Aviane can cause an involuntary muscle in the stomach called the LES to relax when it is supposed to be contracting and moving, and this can cause severe stomach pain and acid back up in the throat. I finally switched over to a new brand, and I feel so much better. Not recommended."

Clarecat711 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was on this pill for almost 2 years as of a week ago. The first week of taking it I experienced mood swings and weight gain but it settled after awhile. I was good for about a year never got pregnant but just recently I noticed I had severe side effects from depression to being angry all of the time. I even started to get irritated "down there" after every cycle. I just switched to Tri-Sprintec so hopefully this works wonders. Don't go off of my horrible experience every ones body is different."

shauntella March 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on this birth control for 3 months and have not gained a single pound. I've actually lost weight, which was surprising. I have not had any side effects other than mood swings for the first week I went on it and spotting the week before I got my period. I don't use condoms with this birth control and have sex every other day and still haven't gotten pregnant. I really can't say enough positive things about this birth control."

Jocie123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been taking aviane for about a year. Cleared up my acne within a month or two; I don't get any cystic acne anymore. It's a relief. I don't get any side effects and it definitely evens out my mood."

Mlle. February 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Everyone's body is different however Aviane has worked wonders for me!! I originally was prescribed this when I was 18 but with my mom's insurance I had to switch to the generic version; which was horrible for me. I recently got back on Aviane after about 6 years and I love it more than I did back then! I've lost weight and my acne has cleared up so drastically! I love this birth control!!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Side effects I've had in exact order: -Dairy allergy (not sure if it's from the pill, occured a few months after taking.) -Constant right lower abdominal pain, with trapped gas pains, & bubbling after eating anything. -Extreme bloating after meals. Random changes: -Period was normal up until the past few months of being on it. (Been on it for over 3 years.) Super light & barely get a period. Also made me skip a month. -Cramps became more excruciating. (A week before & then during my period.) (Wasn't always like this.) After almost 4 years I dealt with all of the other side effects until I had -CHEST TIGHTNESS & HEART PALPITATIONS. Beware of your body and your symptoms. Always go with your gut. Every birth control has symptoms.."

D_H339 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been taking this for 7 days and I can feel it changes me. I feel somewhat depressed, breakout and angry all the time I hate it need to change it for something else ugh again!!!"

SadB January 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on Aviane for almost 5 months now. I have experienced weight gain, increased anxiety and have had moderate depression. I have also had difficulty breathing when working out and have recently developed vision problems (a floater). I am not 100% sure that is is derived strictly from Aviane, but I have never had these issued before. I am going to discontinue use."

R.W. January 25, 2017