User Reviews for Aviane

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome

1 review 38 medications
Summary of Aviane reviews 6.5 387 reviews

Reviews for Aviane

For Birth Control "I’ve been on Aviane for more than two years now and it’s the best. It’s helped my body and my periods and I originally got it because of endometriosis and it helps with that too. I haven’t gotten pregnant and I just think it’s so good! I love it!"

Ali (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 22, 2018

For Birth Control "Back again for an update and I must say I HATE this birth control now. I’ve been on it for 7 months and I have bled 3 weeks a month since I started this pill. I’m always sleepy, my moods are TERRIBLE I’m constantly irritated and rarely ever happy and I wasn’t like this until I started this BC. I completely stopped having acne and haven’t had any pregnancy scares obviously since I’m constantly bleeding. I was previously on lutera, but I got switched to aviane because lutera is no longer in pharmacies. Moral of the story I am getting off of this birth control I can’t take the constant bleeding and cramping for 3 weeks straight."

Unknown (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 4, 2018

For Birth Control "This birth control was great for the first few months. Then, my hair started to fall out and got progressively thinner. It was a good birth control overall with no weight gain, nausea, bloating, etc, sans for the hair loss."

slightly satisfied (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 30, 2018

For Birth Control "When I first started taking this pill I broke out along my jawline due to hormone changes and my body adjusting to it. After 2 months my acne improved, but the downside was that I got very bad mood swings. It wasn't after I stoped taking the pill that I realized how depressed and short- tempered I had become. With that being said it helps with clearing acne, but gives you bad mood swings."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 27, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on this pill for over two years now and it does the job. I don’t notice any significant changes in my self besides the norm. My period usually comes on on the fourth day of the placebo week and is done after just 3 days. I am sexually active and have been since being on the pill and have had no scares."

Pillpopperlady (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 11, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been taking this birth control for almost a year and I really enjoyed it. In the past few months my periods have become somewhat irregular though. In the third month of taking this pill, my acne was terrible but it subsided after that. My doctor just switched me to Aubra though, she said it is exactly like Aviane so hopefully everything works out."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 2, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been taking aviane for 6 months and I didn’t experience any side effects, it cleared up my acne, I didn’t gain any weight, no vomiting, nothing. But my pharmacist changed me to vienva because they not longer stock aviane any more. I'm giving it a chance. But aviane highly recommend."

Dassme (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 29, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on aviane for 1 week. I was so scared to start BC. I was on yaz for about 2 years 3 years ago and it was not good. Aviane: no weight gain so far, my breast got a bigger, super clear skin, increase libido, loss appetite, no nausea, no headache. Yaz: 1st week nightmare dizzy and severe nausea, it went away after the 1st week, no weight gain, loss libido, got very emotional. Every woman is different, but in my personal experience aviane has been by far better and a good option overall."

Becky 27 March 22, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I was on Falmina for three years, but when Walgreen's bought Rite Aid I was given Aviane, exact same low dose as Falmina but the generic brand. I've never had breakthrough bleeding on Falmina, but with Aviane I bled EVERY DAY of the pack. Also, I've had terrible anxiety and mood changes. Never taking this pill again."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 18, 2018

For Birth Control "Good pill it works good for me :)"

Pink flower (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 14, 2018

For Birth Control "Aviane was my first experience with birth control and I have to say I'm pretty happy with it. I was severely nauseous at the beginning, but that passed after the first week. Also, I noticed I was becoming really tired and sleepy (like unable to stay awake) which was a problem since I was taking it around lunch time. So I switched the time I took it to 8 PM and wow! I sleep like a baby. No acne, no pain, no spotting."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 9, 2018

For Birth Control "Update: I made a comment on here in November 2 months after taking Aviane and it was good, but now I’m on month 5 and I do not like it. I am constantly spotting and having breakthrough bleeding after my first week of active pills and it lasts all the way til the first week of my next pack, I had terrible acne last month which I never had before this pill. My moods are always changing and I get mad super easy. I would be able to deal with it if I wasn’t constantly spotting and bleeding randomly but I’m going to switch because it’s driving me crazy."

Unknown (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 7, 2018

For Birth Control "I didn’t experience nausea whatsoever. I did however lose my appetite big time. I had a dramatic weight loss. I bled for 2 weeks and it was just dreadful. Never experienced bad cramps. Did it’s job but the constant spotting was a no no for me. Recently changed to a different brand."

Flowerpill (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 7, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on Aviane for the past three months and I have to say I’m really liking it! The first month however, I was extremely bloated everyday and had gas. My acne broke out a little as well but it cleared up. Also the week before my period I have break through bleeding. But now I don’t have either and my moods have actually been really positive, as well as my skin being really clear. And as a sexually active person I definitely feel protected and can confirm it works extremely well when taken the exact time every day. So overall I would recommend this BC for anyone wanting to regulate their period or be protected from pregnancy."

Anonymous March 4, 2018

For Birth Control "I started this birth control about a month and a 1/2 ago. The first 2 weeks weren’t bad other then pretty bad nausea that would last all day! It just got worse though. I definitely have a much larger appetite and I crave sweets ALL the time. It also has severely effected my mood! I’m extremely emotional and crying for no reason or extremely irritated. Not only that I’m also constantly bleeding! It’s not just spotting like break through bleeding it’s like I have to wear a tampon everyday!!!!! It’s beyond frustrating!!! I’m now in the process of changing to yas."

Worst experience (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 3, 2018

For Birth Control "When I first started aviane I was so bloated and the nausea was terrible. I thought I was pregnant but I wasn't. I'm on month 6 now and I don't feel any nauseous and I don't get bloated anymore. However, my mood swings have been terrible!! I would get so angry and I would sob at any cute animal on the internet. One side effect I can't ignore is the hunger. I will eat and eat and eat and I've gained about 5 pounds. It's like I'm never full. But it's good that I gained weight because before taking the pill I had no appetite and was slightly under weight. I appear healthier now. I feel a little more sane now, so I'm hoping that the emotional side effect will go away eventually. I also experienced some spotting when taking the pill continuously, skipping the placebos (but that's completely normal) I also had an increase in acne but that went away quickly. I really do like this pill."

Pilltaker18 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 2, 2018

For Birth Control "I took Trisprintec for about 4 months and it gave me the worst emotional changes I could have experienced... I was just plain evil. So the doctor changed me to Aviane, and the first 3 months I was better, my emotional issue went down a little but, for some reason I am not the person who I used to be, I am harsh, and get mad super easily. I am always tried and have migraines. I was okay before all this but Aviane is not the pill for me... it’s not making me happy, but miserable."

Mrs. R (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 2, 2018

For Birth Control "My doctor first prescribed me this medication on October 2017 and I was doing just fine, now it did help with my acne but not until December, and ever since I started to take it I’ve experienced horrible mood swings and depression, lets not forget the nausea and hot flashes, which is the worst. Other than those symptoms I didn’t mind it but mid February I started to have bloody discharge and spotting (breakthrough bleeding) of courses I called my doctor and explained to him what was going on and he assured me it’s just my body getting used to it (this late in the game?) and told me to wait 3 months to see if I needed to up my dose but it is now March and I can’t take it anymore so I’ve decided to stop taking it since I’m on my last week and hopefully that’ll stop my breakthrough bleeding."

Jojo (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 1, 2018

For Birth Control "I switched from BeYaz (Which was horrible FYI) to Aviane due to insurance issues. I've had no problems with Aviane aside from some break outs but now my skin is clear even going into my period. I have back pain before and during my period and Aviane didn't help but it's not that big of a deal. I don't feel as hormonal and with no insurance my prescription is only $4 at pharmacy"

GabrielleCC February 21, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been taking Aviane for about 3 months now. The birth control has cleared up my acne-prone skin, but does come with other side effects that are hard to ignore. The breast tenderness is intense. So tender, that even a light touch is unbearable. Nausea is also a huge problem. I have days where I’m so nauseous that even when I eat I have to vomit. The nausea here lately has worsened. I have taken a pregnancy test just to rule it out; not pregnant. My sex drive hasn’t been affected much, thankfully. I plan to give Aviane a year. Hopefully these side effects will subside."

Kaielle (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 15, 2018

For Birth Control "I wanted to try a new birth control because I was having acne issues with my old BC. The very first time a started using Aviane I noticed some side effects right away. When I would start a new pack I would have several mood swings and felt very sick. I had to call off work for the first 3 months (the first 1 or 2 days of each month) when starting a new pack because of the sickness it was causing me. I pushed through because Aviane was eliminating my acne and I figured the side effects would go away eventually. I've been taking Aviane for almost a year. I don't get sick anymore but I still get mood swings and headaches. I wanted to read reviews because I wasn't sure if my depression was caused by the BC or something else. I don't usually get really down and think negatively, so I really do think it may be the birth control. My negative thoughts are becoming too much, I get sad sometimes and I just want it to stop. I will be switching to a different BC!"

lizbrn February 12, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I am on BC for abnormal period bleeding. I switched from Lutera to Aviane and now have terrible acne. When I have my off week, everything clears up. Afterwards I'm back to 3 more weeks of painful acne."

lvlivin (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 8, 2018

For Birth Control "I switched from Lutera to this and I gained more weight! I get weird spotting ever since I started taking this pill. Extreme mood swings and acne to top it off..."

Stephgs (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 6, 2018

For Birth Control "Oh boy.. just under 2 weeks ago I switched to aviane from loloestrin. I loved lolo it gave me no problems but I had to switch because of insurance problems. Ever since starting aviane I have been SUPER moody .. the smallest things are making me cry and little remarks that would otherwise not bother me get me FURIOUS. I’m breaking out and have uncontrollable hunger. And if I don’t eat I get even more angry!! I can’t win. Only gave it some stars because my sex drive actually increased, I had none before."

Lalarrrr February 1, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have only been on this pill for a week and I won’t stop bleeding!!! Super anxious , moody, bloated, and hot flashes!! Stay away"

Anonymous January 25, 2018