User Reviews for Aviane

Ovarian Cysts 8 reviews 55 medications

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome 1 reviews 97 medications

Summary of Aviane reviews 327 reviews 5.9

Reviews for Aviane

For Birth Control "I was scared to try birth control for the first time, especially after reading the horror stories here. But people only post things if something happens. For me, nothing has happened. The first day I had crazy mood swings, but maybe it was placebo effect. I was scared that I would lose all my progress with depression, but actually nothing has happened. I'm still the cheerful, calm person I was before starting it. The rest of the week nothing happened. I even forgot I'm taking BC at all. I guess I did break out a lot more and my skin's pretty raw, but I'm only on it for Accutane so it'll be fun to see the chemicals duke it out."

Accugains (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for about 9 months now and I'm either switching to another pill or just getting off it in general. This pill overall isn't terrible but I do have a few complaints. It made me gain a little bit of weight, typical. But what really bothers me is the week before I'm going to start my period I spot for about 2 days. What also bothers me is my period is now 10 days long -_-"

taytay1621 May 15, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have only been on it for a month but nothing terrible. No weight gain, in fact lost 5 pounds but I was super aware of my eating habits since I didn't want to gain any. I did have like mini emotional episode 2 weeks in where I was anxious but it was only for 2 days and I haven't felt anything since. I did experience nausea for the first week or so, but that went away. Over all I really like this pill and will probably stick with it but its important to remember that everyones body is going to react differently so try it out and see if it works for you or not!"

not too bad April 28, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on this birth control for over a year now, so I have a pretty good idea of its effectiveness. Overall, I am extremely satisfied with this medication and I have had a positive experience with it. The only downside is that I experienced crazy mood swings the first 3 months of starting the medication, but it regulated itself and went away. Other than that, I am obviously not pregnant, did not gain weight, never had problems with acne, and no nausea. It also regulates my period and my period starts on the exact anticipated day every single month for over a year."

tellatella April 17, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I experienced severe stomach pain for 12 months on this medication. The pain was intense, every single day, to the point where I thought I was going to lose my mind. I had an endoscopy that my insurance did NOT cover at $1000 dollars and the results were inconclusive. They kept telling me I had acid refulx. Their pills didnt help at, and I had anxiety related side effects. I finally did some research on this drug and it says that rarely the properties of Aviane can cause an involuntary muscle in the stomach called the LES to relax when it is supposed to be contracting and moving, and this can cause severe stomach pain and acid back up in the throat. I finally switched over to a new brand, and I feel so much better. Not recommended."

Clarecat711 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 5, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was on this pill for almost 2 years as of a week ago. The first week of taking it I experienced mood swings and weight gain but it settled after awhile. I was good for about a year never got pregnant but just recently I noticed I had severe side effects from depression to being angry all of the time. I even started to get irritated "down there" after every cycle. I just switched to Tri-Sprintec so hopefully this works wonders. Don't go off of my horrible experience every ones body is different."

shauntella March 8, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on this birth control for 3 months and have not gained a single pound. I've actually lost weight, which was surprising. I have not had any side effects other than mood swings for the first week I went on it and spotting the week before I got my period. I don't use condoms with this birth control and have sex every other day and still haven't gotten pregnant. I really can't say enough positive things about this birth control."

Jocie123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 3, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been taking aviane for about a year. Cleared up my acne within a month or two; I don't get any cystic acne anymore. It's a relief. I don't get any side effects and it definitely evens out my mood."

Mlle. February 23, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Everyone's body is different however Aviane has worked wonders for me!! I originally was prescribed this when I was 18 but with my mom's insurance I had to switch to the generic version; which was horrible for me. I recently got back on Aviane after about 6 years and I love it more than I did back then! I've lost weight and my acne has cleared up so drastically! I love this birth control!!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 5, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Side effects I've had in exact order: -Dairy allergy (not sure if it's from the pill, occured a few months after taking.) -Constant right lower abdominal pain, with trapped gas pains, & bubbling after eating anything. -Extreme bloating after meals. Random changes: -Period was normal up until the past few months of being on it. (Been on it for over 3 years.) Super light & barely get a period. Also made me skip a month. -Cramps became more excruciating. (A week before & then during my period.) (Wasn't always like this.) After almost 4 years I dealt with all of the other side effects until I had -CHEST TIGHTNESS & HEART PALPITATIONS. Beware of your body and your symptoms. Always go with your gut. Every birth control has symptoms.."

D_H339 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 3, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been taking this for 7 days and I can feel it changes me. I feel somewhat depressed, breakout and angry all the time I hate it need to change it for something else ugh again!!!"

SadB January 29, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on Aviane for almost 5 months now. I have experienced weight gain, increased anxiety and have had moderate depression. I have also had difficulty breathing when working out and have recently developed vision problems (a floater). I am not 100% sure that is is derived strictly from Aviane, but I have never had these issued before. I am going to discontinue use."

R.W. January 25, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Worst bc out of all three I have tried. I switched because this pill was much cheaper, now I know why.I gained over 5 pounds in only one pack (month). It gave me cystic acne and before my skin was clean. No babies w unprotected sex but still, I will be switching back to my previous pill."

Bre146783 January 20, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Ovarian Cysts "I have been on Aviane for 2 months now going on three, within the first month I've experienced headaches, depression, mood swings, severe cramping and bloating as well as stomach gain(which went down). All of those symptoms went away by the second month of taking this pill which I've experienced lighter periods still have mood swings and get depressed at times but I have very bad breakouts all over my face, chin and neck as well black marks on my forehead, I've always had acne but I've never experienced it this badly, I will continue to take it for the 3rd and 4th month just to see if anything gets better and I will keep you posted."

Mich3ll321 January 18, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "This is my second birth control pill. I have been taking aviane for 1 year and 3.5 months now and I love it! I used to have cramping so bad on the first day of my period that I would throw up, but since I started aviane my period symptoms are practically non-existent (except for minor break outs on my face right before it starts but this was a symptom prior to taking aviane as well). I also used to get frequent yeast infections and BV but since starting this BC those break outs have occurred WAAAY less often. I experience no negative side-effects physically or mentally."

Jftt (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 11, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "This is the second type of birth control pill that I've been testing out. The first one that I was on gave me severe headaches practically everyday. Luckily with Aviane my headaches are gone. This is my 3rd month on Aviane and it's been okay. I've been having breakthrough bleeding and a few pimples here and there whenever I am about to start my period. Also whenever I am about to start my period I get depressed and I get really bad cramps. I am most likely going to switch to a different pill. Hopefully I find one that's right for me."

2467Carissa (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 7, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I tried Alesse in the past and liked it but it made me feel extremely tired. I decided to try the generic Aviane so see if I felt different. I'm only on day 11 but I don't feel mentally well, I starting to feel irritated and depressed, im finishing the pack and will stop taking this pill. Our emotional health is much more important."

Jen.xo December 24, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I started taking Aviane in April I switched to it from YAZ because it made me psycho with migraines every other day. At first I loved Aviane because my headaches went away. I'm now 8 months into it and breaking out like a teenager. I am 25 years old but you wouldn't know it by my face. I am so depressed about it. I don't want to look at anyone or talk to anyone. My overall mood when I don't have to talk to people is great. I love the way it makes me feel. It just seriously screwed up my face with cystic acne all around my chin and mouth area. I'm switching to another pill on Sunday! YAY ME! More breakouts through the transition period. WISH ME LUCK. :("

Pissed1234567 December 15, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I started Aviane 2 months ago. My 1st month in my third week, I started cramping. I started spotting the day before my placebo pill, which was followed by extremely agonizing pain in my stomach & pelvic. Nothing helped take the pain away (heating pad, Pamprin, Percocet, peppermint tea, hot bath, stretching, etc.). For 3 days I had spotting, and then it was like the flood gates opened on the 4th day. Every hour I was changing a super tampon & pad because the bleeding was that bad, still with the horrible pain. My period this month is now doing the same thing with the horrible pain. My doctor is switching my pills so hopefully I don't experience this pain again. Its truly the worst pain I have ever felt in my life!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 14, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on Aviane for about 5 months and haven't experienced any negative side effects besides tender breasts around the time of my period, but other than that it's been fine. Shorter, lighter periods and not pregnancy which is very nice."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 14, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Ovarian Cysts "This is a terrible drug. I have tried 5 or 6 different birth control pills, but this one was unbearable. It gave me panic attacks, nausea, dizziness, and high blood pressure. I didn't last a week. I would never ever reccomend this birth control pill. I can't wait until it is 100% out of my system."

SickMom273848399 (taken for less than 1 month) December 13, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Absolutely love it. I have a higher sex which is good for my husband lol would recommend"

MasinaBaird (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 13, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Side effects low sex drive, vaginal itching, weight gain."

Pilllllllls pills November 16, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been taking the Aviane birth control for 9 months. 2 months ago i started feeling _MY_ pregnancy symptoms = usual things started smelling weird, i would wake up starving, i started getting in my feelings(emotional) and watching certain movies i would cry. ✋Wait a minute am i pregnant? Took 3 test all were negative. So i guess the fact that I've been taking it for so long it actually kicked in and im experiencing the side effects. I have gain maybe 10 pounds since being on it and my weight is staying "

Nme1 November 9, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been using Aviane for months. This is my first birth control and it has put my hormones back on track. Before using Aviane I cramped up to a week before starting and 7-10 day long periods. I was also extremely moody before on the pill. Now my periods are 3-4 days long, my cramping no longer requires pain meds, and I'm no longer moody. The only side effect I have is a low sex drive."

Danicajw11 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 8, 2016