User Reviews for Aviane

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Aviane.

Endometriosis

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome

1 review 40 medications
Summary of Aviane reviews 5.4 369 reviews

Reviews for Aviane

For Birth Control "I switched from BeYaz (Which was horrible FYI) to Aviane due to insurance issues. I've had no problems with Aviane aside from some break outs but now my skin is clear even going into my period. I have back pain before and during my period and Aviane didn't help but it's not that big of a deal. I don't feel as hormonal and with no insurance my prescription is only $4 at pharmacy"

GabrielleCC February 21, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been taking Aviane for about 3 months now. The birth control has cleared up my acne-prone skin, but does come with other side effects that are hard to ignore. The breast tenderness is intense. So tender, that even a light touch is unbearable. Nausea is also a huge problem. I have days where I’m so nauseous that even when I eat I have to vomit. The nausea here lately has worsened. I have taken a pregnancy test just to rule it out; not pregnant. My sex drive hasn’t been affected much, thankfully. I plan to give Aviane a year. Hopefully these side effects will subside."

Kaielle (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 15, 2018

For Birth Control "I wanted to try a new birth control because I was having acne issues with my old BC. The very first time a started using Aviane I noticed some side effects right away. When I would start a new pack I would have several mood swings and felt very sick. I had to call off work for the first 3 months (the first 1 or 2 days of each month) when starting a new pack because of the sickness it was causing me. I pushed through because Aviane was eliminating my acne and I figured the side effects would go away eventually. I've been taking Aviane for almost a year. I don't get sick anymore but I still get mood swings and headaches. I wanted to read reviews because I wasn't sure if my depression was caused by the BC or something else. I don't usually get really down and think negatively, so I really do think it may be the birth control. My negative thoughts are becoming too much, I get sad sometimes and I just want it to stop. I will be switching to a different BC!"

lizbrn February 12, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I am on BC for abnormal period bleeding. I switched from Lutera to Aviane and now have terrible acne. When I have my off week, everything clears up. Afterwards I'm back to 3 more weeks of painful acne."

lvlivin (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 8, 2018

For Birth Control "I switched from Lutera to this and I gained more weight! I get weird spotting ever since I started taking this pill. Extreme mood swings and acne to top it off..."

Stephgs (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 6, 2018

For Birth Control "Oh boy.. just under 2 weeks ago I switched to aviane from loloestrin. I loved lolo it gave me no problems but I had to switch because of insurance problems. Ever since starting aviane I have been SUPER moody .. the smallest things are making me cry and little remarks that would otherwise not bother me get me FURIOUS. I’m breaking out and have uncontrollable hunger. And if I don’t eat I get even more angry!! I can’t win. Only gave it some stars because my sex drive actually increased, I had none before."

Lalarrrr February 1, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have only been on this pill for a week and I won’t stop bleeding!!! Super anxious , moody, bloated, and hot flashes!! Stay away"

Anonymous January 25, 2018

For Birth Control "I use to take Lutera and was switched to Aviane, I took lutera for 9 months with no issues. Once I was switched to Avaine I've had no energy, I have no sex drive at all which makes me not even want to be on birth control, and I've had periods that last up to a week and a half."

Person1567 January 24, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I was put on this birth control about four months ago. My skin is dry, itchy. My breast tender. I feel fatigued most days. Let's talk periods. My first period being on this pill was fine - less pain, less bleeding, I thought oh my goodness I'm going to love this pill. Then bam massive blood clots, heavy bleeding now I'm having my period twice in a month about 7 days apart! What!? I'm in my early 40's this is no good for me. I went through a large pack of pads and an entire pack of tampons in two days! Then it appeared my period was black not red but black! I told my husband we have given it 24 hrs before I was going to ER. I'm constantly hungry and thirsty too! I really think this pill really needs to be evaluated again!"

Mrs.GHam January 24, 2018

For Birth Control "Wanted to share a positive review since that doesn't happen often! Also, because I was pretty nervous to start birth control since many of the women in my family have responded poorly to it. I've been taking it for a month (so, time will tell if things change in the future) and I have had minor side-effects. The first week, I did have one night of bad nausea, but that was definitely due to me not eating very much before. The first week I also had a minor break out on my chest. And the only on-going side effect has been tender boobs, and I'm pretty sure they have grown a bit, too. Otherwise, all positives and hoping it will stay that way :)"

Jooliea January 23, 2018

For Birth Control "I am heading into my 7th pack of Aviane and I have nothing but good things to say. No bad side effects that I have noticed so far - only good things like clearing up a little bit of acne I had. Additionally, it does its job as a contraceptive. The first three months I did break out on my chin, but by now that has reversed and my skin has gotten much better. Very happy my doctor prescribed this for me - plus my insurance covers it so needless to say I have no plans of changing from this birth control any time soon."

Yes!! (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 17, 2018

For Birth Control "I'm shocked how much I like this pill. I've tried everything and always had such terrible side effects in the past. It's been 4 months on Aviane and I'm very happy with it. My period comes exactly on the first placebo day each month, and is lighter with no cramps. I have not noticed any changes in acne or mood swings and feel happy. It does make my breasts tender a few days each month, but they've gotten bigger overall so it's worth it. I have not gained any weight and actually lost a few pounds."

realbird17 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 17, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I started this pill 2 months ago and the first month went smoothly no issues, however this month is another story. This month I got my period a week before the sugar pills were suppose to start and it wasn't a super light or super heavy until about the 6th of the period when basically all hell broke loose and for the 6-13th day of my period it was full on blood clots as large as the tampons, excessive bleeding, using 10-15 tampons per day, needing to change pad at least twice a night., I was getting lightheaded and weak/tired. Worst experience I've ever had. I went on the pill to fix my irregular bleeding but instead it made it 100x worse than it was before. Do not recommend"

eekk2 January 17, 2018

For Birth Control "This was my first time on a birth control pill, I am 22. The first month on it was fine, no bad side effects besides my skin got so, so, so, so dry. My forehead flakes, side of my nose flakes. My skin has always been combination but never had such flakey dry skin, same with my scalp, itchy and flakey. On the second month, started gaining weight, feeling bloated and so severely tired. I have a cleaning obsession and taking this pill made me so lazy and tired. It is the third month now and I've gained 10 pounds, skin is dryer than a desert, horrible cramps, gassy and my nipples are so sore. I have been panicking about being pregnant but it is nearly impossible. Me and my boyfriend take so many precautions. This pill is horrible."

GabbyDeja (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 30, 2017

For Birth Control "I have had such a horrible experience with this pill. I was on lutera and Sronyx preciously with no problems and they gave me this one for some reason. I got a weird rash which I’m assuming is an allergic reaction to this stupid pill. My boobs hurt and I have had such bad pain in my lower left pelvic region. I can’t wait to get back on my old pill"

Kdavis1003 December 23, 2017

For Birth Control "I just recently had a baby in September and before I was on lutera, but they discontinued it so my midwives gave me Aviane. I don’t have much experience since I’ve only been on it 2 months, but SO FAR I like this birth control. I have very minimal acne it’s the same as when I wasn’t on BC .. just 1 or 2 small pimples before my period is supposed to start then they go right away. That’s the only side affects I’ve had so far hopefully it stays that way and I don’t have to switch pills down the line. I’m on day 3 of my placebos and still no period which is weird because my period comes right when I start the first inactive pill. I know for a FACT I’m not pregnant lol I haven’t been sexually active in months so maybe it’ll be late or won’t show"

Dreadrea December 21, 2017

For Birth Control "I’ve been on this pill for about 4 months now, the 1 month I was extremely moody and just emotional all over the place I had no motivation to do anything but sleep but after the first month that was gone. Before taking BC my cycle was very much regular, so I threw mine off for the first 3 Months not I’m starting to regulate again. I broke out like crazy on my jawline and cheeks and I normally have extremely clear skin. But this month all went away And it’s cycle is soo much lighter. So far I haven’t gained or lost any weight. But I don’t bloat anymore which is a plus but my breasts have definitely grown. I think this is a good choice for me, so for it hasn’t been too bad"

Jaidah (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 21, 2017

For Birth Control "This was the first birth control pill I tried. My side effects were fluid retention (mostly in my chest which resolved after about 5 months on the pill) and acne. I don't usually have acne and it would go away during my period week so I knew it was coming from the pill. I just switched to a different pill which is working much better for me."

BKT December 16, 2017

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Started taking Aviane to regulate my periods. I was basically was having two (8-10 day) heavy periods a month. It was ridiculously and a bit embarrassing telling my husband not yet not yet all the time. So the side effect: nausea, acne acne acne, sex drive sky rocketed, really bad cramps, bloated, anxiety, and depression. I was not pleased by this birth control so I called my Dr. after my first pack and switched me to Blisorvi age 1/20. Everyone’s body responds differently though."

Meg0789 December 13, 2017

For Birth Control "This medicine caused me to bloat severely! I constantly had gas/burping that never stopped. I felt TERRIBLE all the time, except when I was on my period (during the placebo pills) - which is crazy!! I would get dizzy after I ate. Had NO energy to do anything. Tender breasts all the time. I constantly had weird pains and early periods that were EXTREMELY painful. They were lighter though, which was nice but most birth control pills do that. I tried it for 7 months and the symptoms only got worse. As soon as I finished my 7th pack, I switched to a new brand and my symptoms immediately went away!"

Avianeistheworst (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 12, 2017

For Birth Control "I was on Lutera, and then I suppose they ran out because I started getting Aviane. No complaints though! I love this birth control. My sex drive has increased, my acne has almost completely cleared, it definitely increased my breast size by one cup, reduced my period bleeding and helped regulate, and I’m able to maintain a steady weight. Also, I can lose weight super easy. The only downside is yes, I maintain weight, but I bloat A LOT! Not a huge deal, just kind of cumbersome. All in all, I really love this pill."

annieeeee December 6, 2017

For Ovarian Cysts "I was switched to this generic after being on many others including the same Rx formula and other formulas in the past. This was by far the worst pill I've ever taken as far as being ineffective for hormone control. My ovarian cysts returned, I had more painful periods, acne, bloating, mood swings, and the feeling of not wanting to be near or touched by anyone. Once I was back on my previous brand of generic for 2 months I stabilized completely again."

Handy Mimi (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 26, 2017

For Birth Control "This pill is the worst one I've taken, I've never been on such a problematic birth control like this before and it's causing so much stress on my daily life. I switched from reclipsen because it gave me a migraine every day, on the bright side this pill hasn't given me any. Unfortunately what it has given me is terrible acne, depression, day long lasting nausea, and the day before my period I had horrible pains in my right side from my belly button to the bottom of my pubic bone that I nearly went into the e.r. It was so debilitating that I couldn't move a muscle. Now, upon my self examination I've discovered a lump and have nipple discharge, I'm not entirely sure if the birth control is the direct link; but my Drs and I will see."

Anonymous1112 November 14, 2017

For Birth Control "I started in January so it’s been been about 10 months on aviane. I didn’t feel any side effects or change for at least 6 months but then I started to get mood swings. I’ll be happy sad and angry at the same time. Crazy. I started to have left pelvic pain a lot and lower back pain sometimes leg pain. Not sure if it’s from the pill but I really don’t do anything. When I started taking prenatal vitamin gummies just because I had them it made me feel a little sick. So I stopped taking the gummies and I’m ok but I had a pap prior to pills and everything was clear except I found out I had chlamydia and treated me. No cyst. Doc said pills could prevent cysts too . I will get my pap in a few months and see if they can resolve this issue."

Lulu620710 November 4, 2017

For Birth Control "I really don't understand how people can recommend to use a specific BC brand.... It doesn't make sense at all!!!!! The only right way is to see your Gyn and see what she/he says. Everything is so personal, our bodies and organisms are different. If something works for you, doesn't mean it will work for someone else (or the opposite way). I am trying to switch to another BC right now and going to my doctor soon so she can prescribe what will work the best personally for myself."

Di_A_Na October 19, 2017