User Reviews for Aviane

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Aviane.

Endometriosis

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome

1 review 40 medications
Summary of Aviane reviews 5.7 347 reviews

Reviews for Aviane

For Birth Control "This pill is the worst one I've taken, I've never been on such a problematic birth control like this before and it's causing so much stress on my daily life. I switched from reclipsen because it gave me a migraine every day, on the bright side this pill hasn't given me any. Unfortunately what it has given me is terrible acne, depression, day long lasting nausea, and the day before my period I had horrible pains in my right side from my belly button to the bottom of my pubic bone that I nearly went into the e.r. It was so debilitating that I couldn't move a muscle. Now, upon my self examination I've discovered a lump and have nipple discharge, I'm not entirely sure if the birth control is the direct link; but my Drs and I will see."

Anonymous1112 November 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started in January so it’s been been about 10 months on aviane. I didn’t feel any side effects or change for at least 6 months but then I started to get mood swings. I’ll be happy sad and angry at the same time. Crazy. I started to have left pelvic pain a lot and lower back pain sometimes leg pain. Not sure if it’s from the pill but I really don’t do anything. When I started taking prenatal vitamin gummies just because I had them it made me feel a little sick. So I stopped taking the gummies and I’m ok but I had a pap prior to pills and everything was clear except I found out I had chlamydia and treated me. No cyst. Doc said pills could prevent cysts too . I will get my pap in a few months and see if they can resolve this issue."

Lulu620710 November 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I really don't understand how people can recommend to use a specific BC brand.... It doesn't make sense at all!!!!! The only right way is to see your Gyn and see what she/he says. Everything is so personal, our bodies and organisms are different. If something works for you, doesn't mean it will work for someone else (or the opposite way). I am trying to switch to another BC right now and going to my doctor soon so she can prescribe what will work the best personally for myself."

Di_A_Na October 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I absolutely LOVE this pill. I have been through a lot of rough patches with my health, involving ovarian cysts, hirustism, hormonal cystic acne, and painful and heavy periods. When I first tried birth control in college, I was put on Aviane. It cleared up my skin to porcelain-like results within the first month, it regulated my cycle like clockwork, helped me shed unwanted weight, improved my sex drive, and even increased my breast size (bonus) from a small 34B to a full 34D cup. I am 5'4" and 130 pounds, so this effect only helped my self-esteem! I went off Aviane a few years later after my gyno took out two cysts in 2012, and since then I tried about 6 other pills, from Yaz to Sprintec to Lutera. NOTHING compares to Aviane!"

magyar_boheme88 (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on this birth control for over a year now and it is not working for me. I have no sex drive anymore. And on top of that I have very bad mood swings. It makes me a complete cow and I lose my temper very easily. This medication did not work for me."

mak15 October 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have been using this medication for about 3 weeks and has been nothing but no stop bleed from the time my period came which normally last for 5 days and now I am on the 14th day of my period and heavy bleeding. I am really considering just stopping the pills altogether to see if my period will go away and also feel low sex drive and irritable."

angiebee (taken for less than 1 month) October 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was switched to this when my pharmacy stopped carrying Lutera (which I had been taking for a few years). I HATE THIS BIRTH CONTROL. I went back to the pharmacy after 2 months and told them to never give it to me again and thankfully they had a few Lutera that they let me have. On the plus side, my sex drive was so high, my breasts were very sensitive as well. However, the way my period was while on this pill does not make it worth it. Lutera gives me a super short super light period. This one I had super super heavy flows, blood clots and it lasted 1.5 weeks (compared to Lutera's 4 days). It is different for everyone, but I do not recommend this at all."

coco2222 September 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "After switching birth control pills I was really happy to find this one. I experienced no nausea, headaches, and zero mood swings. My last birth control contributed to horrible emotional ups and downs, but this one seems to not even affect my emotions. So thankful to have found a pill with no noticeable side effects for me! Everyone's body chemistry is different though, so find what's right for you."

Mountainmonkey (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started this birth control 2 months ago and I have never had acne or skin problems and I'm getting small zits/bumps/acne around my chin and jawline and I've done a ton of research and it's hormonal. My diet hasn't been the best so that probably doesn't help either. My mood has definitely levelled off and I feel more calm overall I think than my last bc but I cannot stand getting this acne I'm developing."

art25 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been using this for about three or four months , I haven't had any major mood swings or major acne breakouts but I have been experiencing abnormally painful cramps and an extremely heavy flow. A super to super plus tampon will only last me maybe one hour."

Manda9412 September 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I begin this medicine because I had trouble with regulating my cycle. Biggest mistake ever! I have been bleeding non stop going on three weeks and the cramps and abdominal pain is unreal. I couldn't even finish a whole month because of the side effects. I do not recommend this product at all."

C PRaynor (taken for less than 1 month) September 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "My experience with Aviane has been really amazing. I lost a little weight when I was first put on it, but my appetite seemed relatively normal. I've not had any luck with it reducing acne, however, my period became completely regular. I can pinpoint it's start within a 32 hr range, and it has reduced my flow and cramps significantly. I used to get nauseous and dizzy when my period would start, and now, other than the occasional light cramping, it is hardly noticable."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 31, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "It works well enough to prevent pregnancy, but I hate this pill. I've tried three different brand over the course of two years and this is by far the worst. I normally have anxiety, but this pill makes me constantly stressed. I am constantly frustrated and angry for no reason; it's not mood swings, I'm just so mad all the time. None of these mental health issues appeared before I began taking this pill and honestly I'm going to quit as soon as I'm on a new method."

Anonymous August 31, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on birth control for almost 2 years and have gone through about 8 different brands of pill. Aviane if the only one that keeps my emotions balanced. I noticed a little weight gain, and my breasts got bigger, but really other than that its been effective, affordable, and doesn't cause me stress or discomfort. My periods went from 7-9 days to 3-5 days and its great."

weldingbabe (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Amazing! It broke me out the first two months, but by now, at month six, my skin has been completely clear. I use to struggle with PMDD, which gave me really bad depression around my period. Now, I feel so much more stable and my depression and mood swings are gone. No weight gain, I actually lost a few pounds. No bad side effects at all! Would recommend this to anyone if you're looking for birth control with only positive side effects. And of course, I have not gotten pregnant."

samantha2498 July 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on this birth control for about two years & this is the only one I've ever used. I can say I've definitely gained weight but I'm sure it had to do with many other factors as well. Sex drive decreased and I get moody and irritable. However, nothing is extreme & it does its job. I've noticed constant mood swings the week after my period or the first week of the pills so I sometimes double up to avoid the dip In hormones. I guess it's good enough to the point where I don't want to trial and error any other one so that's why I stay on it. Everyone's body's are so different"

LC12345 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I'm on my second pack about 2 & a half weeks in. So far I feel better overall with my mood besides the fact that life's been stressing me out. My only complaints are the acne and my breasts grew so much and I'm having a hard time with how much they've grown so quick. I also feel hungry all the time and feel like I've gained weight. Other than that it's helped my mood turn from sad and moody to pretty calm and happy"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ovarian Cysts "After the 1 month, I started to have headaches, I've always have cysts and as a consequence, acne. It got WORSE! Terrible! And I started to have hair everywhere! It's horrible! Dr said it was going to get better after the 3 months, it's been 6 and it's just worse everyday. I'm definitely changing."

Anonymous June 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on this birth control for 8 months. It would work perfect for me if it wasn't for the acne. I have no mood swings, my period is normal (can be crampy for the first day, but nothing too crazy), my sex drive is normal (definitely increased compared to Yaz!), and I have been able to lose weight on it. However, it has not helped my acne at all. I think it actually makes it worse. I think I will be switching soon for that reason. I should also mention if I don't take it within an hour or 2 everyday, it totally messes up my period and I will get my period at the most random times, even when I was not on the placebo week. I remember when I first started it I got my period every other week (lasting 4-5 days each time), but that went away."

Runnergrlx178 June 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I am a 48 year old athlete with little body fat. I have not had a period or 4 years. Recently my hair began thinning and sex has been very painful. My doc suggested that I have blood tests to determine whether or not I was in menopause. The tests showed that my estrogen was low, so he prescribed me Aviane. This pill has been my MIRACLE drug. My hair stopped falling out, sex is no longer painful, and I feel happy all the time. NO issues except for very light spotting while taking the hormonal pills. I did call my doc to ask if this was normal, and he said that it was my body adjusting to the new hormone. I am very very satisfied with the outcome!"

gamine (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was scared to try birth control for the first time, especially after reading the horror stories here. But people only post things if something happens. For me, nothing has happened. The first day I had crazy mood swings, but maybe it was placebo effect. I was scared that I would lose all my progress with depression, but actually nothing has happened. I'm still the cheerful, calm person I was before starting it. The rest of the week nothing happened. I even forgot I'm taking BC at all. I guess I did break out a lot more and my skin's pretty raw, but I'm only on it for Accutane so it'll be fun to see the chemicals duke it out."

Accugains (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for about 9 months now and I'm either switching to another pill or just getting off it in general. This pill overall isn't terrible but I do have a few complaints. It made me gain a little bit of weight, typical. But what really bothers me is the week before I'm going to start my period I spot for about 2 days. What also bothers me is my period is now 10 days long -_-"

taytay1621 May 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have only been on it for a month but nothing terrible. No weight gain, in fact lost 5 pounds but I was super aware of my eating habits since I didn't want to gain any. I did have like mini emotional episode 2 weeks in where I was anxious but it was only for 2 days and I haven't felt anything since. I did experience nausea for the first week or so, but that went away. Over all I really like this pill and will probably stick with it but its important to remember that everyones body is going to react differently so try it out and see if it works for you or not!"

not too bad April 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on this birth control for over a year now, so I have a pretty good idea of its effectiveness. Overall, I am extremely satisfied with this medication and I have had a positive experience with it. The only downside is that I experienced crazy mood swings the first 3 months of starting the medication, but it regulated itself and went away. Other than that, I am obviously not pregnant, did not gain weight, never had problems with acne, and no nausea. It also regulates my period and my period starts on the exact anticipated day every single month for over a year."

tellatella April 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I experienced severe stomach pain for 12 months on this medication. The pain was intense, every single day, to the point where I thought I was going to lose my mind. I had an endoscopy that my insurance did NOT cover at $1000 dollars and the results were inconclusive. They kept telling me I had acid refulx. Their pills didnt help at, and I had anxiety related side effects. I finally did some research on this drug and it says that rarely the properties of Aviane can cause an involuntary muscle in the stomach called the LES to relax when it is supposed to be contracting and moving, and this can cause severe stomach pain and acid back up in the throat. I finally switched over to a new brand, and I feel so much better. Not recommended."

Clarecat711 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 5, 2017