User Reviews for Aviane

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome 1.0
Summary of Aviane reviews 6.2 477 reviews

Reviews for Aviane

Els August 28, 2020

For Birth Control: “I was on another birth control for over a year and it was fine but it gave me too much depression. I switched to the Aviane and the past two months haven’t been that great. My acne is the worst it has ever been in my life. I had some really bad periods in the beginning. The worst part for me is that the Aviane has caused be to gain ten pounds in two months. I’ve weighed the same weight for the past three years. My mood has improved significantly on this pill but I hate my appearance so much now I don’t know if it’s worth it. I kind of want to quit hormonal birth control altogether now, it’s been a tough experience.”

cocacolacherry · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 22, 2020

For Birth Control: “I'm on Aviane for birth control - I don't have any kids, my skin is mostly clear, I haven't had any weight gain. It doesn't seem to help much with cramping but I only have my period every few months now anyway (by choice). Personally I haven't had a single negative side effect from this in the 3 years I've been taking it”

lmc4xo July 18, 2020

For Birth Control: “IF I COULD GIVE AVIANE A ZERO I SOOO WOULD. I had the best skin before I took this... beautiful skin and I am not exaggerating this stuff made me break out to THE MAX. I now have severe acne and have had it for months now, it’s so bad that I don’t wanna go anywhere. I went to the dermatologist and I’m now on antibiotics and prescribed medicine to PUT on my face. This is TERRIBLE I would tell NO GIRL/WOMAN to EVER EVER take this birth control”

Ray · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 15, 2020

For Birth Control: “THIS WAS THE WORST BURTH CONTROL I HAVE EVER BEEN ON. I am honestly stopping birth control because this stuff gave me the worst mental breakdown of my life. I stopped taking it and immediately started bleeding after, I have gotten acne where I have never had it before and I have had the worst flare up of BV in my life.... not even antibiotics helped. Now I suffer from severe cramps and stuff and this made things worse.... I have never been laid out in bed because of cramps before this medication.... 100% DO NOT RECCOMEND!!!!”

browneyes · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 8, 2020

For Birth Control: “This pill Aviane works as a birth control, and it made my periods super short and super light, and cramps disappeared. That being said, there were A LOT of cons associated with this. Headaches, nausea, weight gain, ACNE ACNE ACNE (my skin was clear before this) and crazy anxiety, depression and mood swings. I would not recommend. Going to switch back to Ortho Cyclen.”

Unhappy · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 5, 2020

For Birth Control: “Switched to Aviane from Lutera. Terrible mistake. First, my period was longer than normal (8-9 days). Second, I have fluid retention and bloating that kills my sex drive so I don't even know how the actual medication affects my libido. My skin is now oily and uneven with increased acne on my shoulders and back. My weight was steady and only varied about 2 pounds on any given day until I started this junk. Avoid it. Don't do it. Switching back to Lutera and throwing this out. I would rather be pregnant than deal with this medication.”

M · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 7, 2020

For Birth Control: “I recently got switched to this birth control as a trial for my mood swings. And the first month of taking the pill, everything was fine until it was time for my period. my period was abnormally light but HORMONAL ACNE CAME BACK HARD. I wake up to one to two cystic pimples a day and it is so hard to keep under control even after period week, it keeps on coming and it’s making me stress out. Nothing has changed besides acne which is a BIG FACTOR. Getting switched to my old bc pills ASAP. Truly debating to stop taking these pills for the time being”

Jeanette · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 21, 2020

For Endometriosis: “My endometriosis was diagnosed 2 years ago. 1 year ago, I started experiencing pain during my ovulation too. My doctor recommended Aviane because has few side effects. The first weeks I experienced mild headaches and nausea but the symptoms didn't bother me. I'm regular but I didn't have my period during the 1st month of taking the pill. My doctor's recommendation, I would only take hormones and not the placebo pills at all over for 3 months. After a few weeks, my period came, more days than usual with a lot of pain. It wasn't abundant but it wasn't spotting either. The pain during ovulation was not reduced, the headaches are the worst and the breast pain is bad. I have mood swings, not depressing (anger episodes) and I had a vaginal worst infection ever, something very strange for me. With this coronavirus around, I was unable to see my doctor. I decided to stop taking the pills, in my case the pain is worse than before. Maybe, pills needs more time to adjust, but not thanks.”

Uno · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 4, 2020

For Birth Control: “I've been on Aviane for several months now. My period used to be like clockwork. Not with Aviane. I have a much-prolonged period. Sometimes it comes every 2-3 weeks. I cannot predict my period anymore, which I've never experienced with other pills (btw I've been on BC for 20+ years). On my next annual check-up, I am definitely asking my doctor to put me back to old ones.”

Bree · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 29, 2020

For Birth Control: “I honestly liked this pill Aviane the first few months. Now my period is out of whack...I just started my period AGAIN!!! I had a 1 week period about a month ago which is normal for now but also have a week period in between!! I have been on the pill for about 8-9 months now and am switching”

Africa January 12, 2020

For Birth Control: “Been on this pill for about 3 years. All of my symptoms that I got when I first started this pill went away after 3 months. Now my period is like clock work. I know exactly when it will come. It works to purposely skip my period (skip placebo pills and just started the next pack right away) it worked well to not get a period until I had the placebos again. (my doctor recommended that I don’t skip more then three period in a row) I’ve really enjoyed this pill but it’s the only one I’ve ever used. I’m not giving it a ten because I did have some emotional few first months when I started.”

Hannah · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 29, 2019

For Birth Control: “I was only on this for 3 months,. I have never been on any kind of birth control before or since. My cycle was always regular 31 days before Aviane. After I stopped taking it I immediately became irregular and got diagnosed with PCOS. No one in my family has ever had pcos and I am a healthy 23 year old. I've only had 2 periods this whole year. I TOOK AVIANE FOR THREE MONTHS AND IT MESSED ME UP SO BAD I DEVELOPED PCOS!!! DO NOT TAKE THIS”

Kate · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 23, 2019

For Birth Control: “Don't know if this BC works, I just recently started it and right away I noticed a lot of acne. I have also been gaining a lot of weight and FAST. I don't know if all these 10/10, perfectly written reviews are real, seems like they're too good to be, yet everyone I talk to has issues with this birth control. One of my friends even got cysts as a result of taking this and I've just heard a lot of bad things - now I'm experiencing them first hand. I stopped taking this BC today, I don't recommend it.”

Nicole · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 16, 2019

For Birth Control: “DO NOT USE! Not only does this birth control NOT WORK, it has horrible side effects, not just on me, but on my roommates who were also prescribed it. We went together and got prescribed Aviane for birth control. Since being prescribed Aviane, I've been extremely irritable, hormonal, angry, depressed, and I am easier to lash out on people for no reason. I've gained A LOT of weight and worst of all, I'm covered in cystic acne all over my face, neck, back, and thighs - sometimes on my bum too - I'VE NEVER GOTTEN ACNE BEFORE TAKING AVIANE!!! and on top of that, I'm 1 month pregnant, even though I took the pill every day, on time, exactly how I was supposed to. My roommates have experienced all the same things. One of them got pregnant 2 months after they started taking it, another gained almost 50 pounds in only a few months, and don't even get me going about all of our acne problems. LADIES: DO NOT USE. Aviane birth control doesn't work you could end up pregnant!!!! ”

Kel6431 December 12, 2019

For Birth Control: “I’ve been on at least 10 different pills and this one Aviane has been the best one I’ve ever tried. Word of caution, my pharmacy substituted me with Larissa once and it made my hair fall out!”

Ta · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 8, 2019

For Birth Control: “I have been on Aviane for several years, overall has been good for me with no skin issues, less cramping. I have noticed decreased sex drive, slight weight gain, slight increased BP but not to a significant point. Overall satisfied with this pill over others I have tried in the past.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 18, 2019

For Birth Control: “period were light with no cramps, but came with migraine with aura & a minor breakout. After 8 mo on Aviane pill I realized it made me crazy-I would be very paranoid irritable & irrational & would fight with my BF everyday over small things. I took a 3 mo break where I ended up feeling a lot better & got back on it. 8 months later again I started noticing the same symptoms PLUS I no longer have a sex drive & can't get wet no matter how turned on I am - it destroys my confidence & strains my relationship. This added onto previous listed symptoms, as well as I ALWAYS FEEL PREGNANT always have symptoms but the tests are always negative, I just don't feel right .I've also been extremely tired & demotivated as well as constantly dizzy. Unfortunately I give up on birth control because I don't want to keep living with these symptoms but I also don't want to trade them for possibly even worse symptoms like the bleeding every 2 weeks and boobs so sore it hurt to even wear a shirt I had on the POP Norethindrone.”

Worst acne EVER · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 30, 2019

For Birth Control: “I've been on Aviane for over a year now. At first it was great; normalized period and seemingly levelled hormones. After being on it for this long, however; I've noticed that it's given me the worst acne ever. I'm talking full on break outs- worse than during puberty . I'm terrified that it's gotten so bad that it'll start scarring soon. My period also now comes twice a month for 3-4 days at a time and is never regular. I don't really recommend this, I suppose everyone is different but the reason I started Aviane is due to my extremely high estrogen levels. Hopefully I can find a BC soon that works!”

Kanela October 23, 2019

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “Hi everyone! I am on my 2nd pack Aviane and will be starting on the sugar pills tonight. I love this pill! I do not have as much side effects as how I used to have with other pills. I had a few headaches and some nausea on my first month of using this but those are gone now. No breast tenderness, no noticeable weight gain although I have increased appetite but I try to balance it with a healthy diet and exercise at least 3 times a week. My previous one (Sprintec) caused me to spot and I was having a period for 3 weeks straight. On Aviane, I have no spotting and my periods last for only 7 days and light. I used to have really heavy bleeding which caused my iron levels to be depleted. I develop pimples here and there but they are manageable I do not have any mood swings on this pill and that is just wonderful. I just feel happy everyday! Aviane is a game changer for me and I am so glad that I found it :)”

Lottie October 17, 2019

For Birth Control: “So I started this BC Aviane because my wedding is coming up (I have never used BC before) and I have been on it for 2 whole packs. The first pack was fine, I felt normal.. Had some nausea the first couple days, but that faded away. HOWEVER, my period was much more painful than normal.. Things changed with the second pack. I had weird acid reflex that would be triggered by everything, then that turned into diarrhea for a couple days and then I started getting spots on my skin and having digestion problems and went to my doctor and she said it was Candida (Yeast overgrowth).. I woke up with panic attacks, passed out one time, had nausea all day for a couple days until I finally stopped taking the pill.. I am very sad this didn't work for me. I am already sensitive to medication, so I am not surprised. This pill could work for you, so don't jot it down before trying it. But if you have any similar symptoms, listen to your body and try something else.”

gyrowheel · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 16, 2019

For Birth Control: “Aviane is the second birth control I’ve ever tried and it’s by far the WORST. I’ve worked hard to maintain clear skin ever since I managed to clear it last year and ever since I started taking this birth control, my acne’s been going absolutely insane. I’ve never broken out this bad! I’m currently on my second month and thought it’d get better, but I just can’t take it. I’m always angry and I’m easily irritable. My mood swings are constantly changing. I would NOT recommend this birth control to anyone. The only positive thing I could say about it is that I don’t cramp anymore and my period is light.”

Banana · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 14, 2019

For Birth Control: “I’ve been on this birth control for a few months now. About 4. It’s made my acne worse and lowered my libido so definitely going to be starting a different birth control as soon as this pack is done!”

Kat · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 14, 2019

For Birth Control: “I’ve been on Aviane for about 3 years now. I haven’t had any major problems or side effects. I do have a significantly lower sex drive now however. I have PCOS and Aviane really helps me keep all my symptoms of PCOS in check. I now have my period every month exactly on time. Like I said I’ve never really had any trouble with it besides changing the consistency of my blood. During my periods I have a lot more clots then I use to have off the pill. I did read the side effects and this is noted in there and I’ve asked several doctors so it’s not too alarming to me. Other than that the past two months were kind of hard. I had two periods in one month. I do attribute this to taking a supplement called Maca however because after I experience these multiple periods I stopped taking Maca and haven’t had any problems since. So if anything take your pill and stay away from Maca it can disrupt your cycles.”

Carolina · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 10, 2019

For Birth Control: “I love Aviane! I started taking it initially for heavy and irregular periods and have been on it for about 4 years now. Never had any issues with it! No pregnancy scares, no side effects.”

Emma · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 8, 2019

For Birth Control: “Aviane is by far the best birth control I’ve tried!! I was using Tri-Cyclen and that was the worst time of my life. I was horribly depressed, moody, ovarian cysts would rupture and send me to the E.R., my acne was bad, gained 25 pounds, and my hair was falling out in giant clumps. It made me afraid to try birth control again. My doctor suggested Aviane because it’s very low dose and would better suit my body. Best decision ever. I have perfect skin, keep losing weight, NO MOOD SWINGS, plus I won’t get pregnant. It’s the best birth control out there.”