User Reviews for Aviane to treat Birth Control

Aviane Rating Summary

6.5/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 276 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Aviane

"I have been taking the Aviane pill for about three months now and it’s honestly been great! My boobs definitely grew two cup sizes and my acne flared up at first, but everything balanced back out after the second month. I highly recommend this contraceptive !"

AM (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 13, 2019

"I have been on Aviane for a month now, (never been on birth control before) and I am going to start a new pack tomorrow. Personally, I have had no weight gain (I actually lost weight), my moods were a little off the first couple weeks but they are back to normal now. I experienced mild spotting at the beginning. However, I did not get my period during the placebo week so I am a little confused about that. I spotted for around 3 days right before placebo pills- but I don’t believe that it was my period. Also, my skin has broken out significantly (which could be because of my period coming soon????), but it has definitely not done anything to help my skin so far. hopefully my skin will clear up, because then this pill would be amazing!"

jay (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 4, 2019

"Used Aviane for three months, and it made me experience anxiety and depression, and also just made my body feel weird. I also noticed slight weight gain. Got off of it after 3 months"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 3, 2019

"At 35, I have tried many bc pills out there. I post reviews, good or bad to let people know of possible benefits or side effects. Low dose levonorgestrel has been the best pill for me. Always the least side effects. Inactive ingredients played a part in how each brand affected me as far as spotting or not. I was switched back to this type of pill after 3 weeks straight bleeding on a minipill that only got heavier. This pill slowed a lot of the bleeding, but still have some light spotting. The nurse said once I have that 7 day withdrawal bleed, I shouldn't spot any longer on active pills next month. She most likely is right because any pill I have ever used that has less than 7 placebos or is designed to eventually stop my period, my body retaliates and I get breakthrough bleeding until I switch over to a brand with 7 placebos. Hope this helps any of you ladies having bc pill issues."

Linzeeboo (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2019

"I’ve been using Aviane for 3 months, and I decided to change the brand. I don’t have any severe side effect, but I noticed I lost my sex drive and didn’t get wet enough since taking this pill. I don’t have any depressed feeling or anxiety, but the problem of sex drive is a big issue for me."

EmOsk (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 13, 2019

"I’ve been taking the Aviane pill for a month, I’ve taken Lessina and Lutera before and never had any issues like the ones I’ve had on this pill. I experienced anxiety for the first two weeks that eventually went away. My skin has cleared up, however I still get about two breakouts here and there. My first cycle was completely fine, except it ended up being longer than what my cycle usually is. I did spot during the second week and then 3 days before my second expected cycle. My second cycle right now hit me like a wrecking ball. My cramps are so bad and I’m sick to my stomach. I have a headache, backache, and bad nausea. I’m also really emotional and cried a couple times, which is not normal for me. This is the second day where I’m feeling this way and it’s definitely not worth me continuing to take this pill. I’m going to look into another pill because I’ve never had this many side effects before."

doyourresearch (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 12, 2019

"My doctor initially put me on Aviane after expressing I was experiencing unbearable ovulation pain - growing up, I always experienced painful periods as well, so I was always curious about birth control. For the first 3 months, everything seemed fairly normal (with the exception of headaches and mild-nausea) my skin cleared up immensely and I didn't gain any noticeable weight. I noticed I got a little moody during my 2nd week on the pill, but nothing that wasn't manageable. I am now on my 4th month of Aviane and started experiencing extreme nausea 24/7 - while finishing my 2nd week I also started getting stomach cramps, and spotting. For someone who is sexually active, getting symptoms like this is obviously worrisome, but after reading a few reviews, it seems like a good number of people have experience a version of this! Hoping this will pass through because besides this the birth control has been great."

Anonymous May 11, 2019

"I was scared with the reviews at first, but I actually love Aviane birth control. I had some side effects when I first started like headache and some mild dizziness, but that went away within the first week. I had some very mild spotting after the headaches and dizziness went away, but that also went away quickly. The previous pill that I was on before this gave me weekly panic attacks that ruined my life. I thought I had panic disorder at some point due to how bad it was, and could barely leave the house. After I switched a month ago, I had no panic attacks ever since. My agoraphobia from that also seemed to go away. Now I'm able to get out of the house a lot more often. My anxiety has greatly reduced, and my resting heart rate is back to normal because of it."

siswollan (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 27, 2019

"I've been on Aviane for about a month now and I haven't had any issues. Before I was on Chateal and I had no sex drive. Then I tried Lutera and it gave me extreme anxiety. Aviane has helped me get my sex drive back without causing me anxiety. I read a lot of great reviews on here about Aviane so I decided to try it. The only issue I have now is light spotting in between periods but I know thats normal when you switch birth controls."

Tara (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 6, 2019

"Aviane is an amazing birth control! I have been on this for 5 years, and although it is the first one I’ve tried, it works wonderfully! No acne issues, weight gain, mood changes, and I am not pregnant. I strongly recommend it."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 28, 2019

"Love love this pill! This is the first hormonal birth control method I’ve ever tried and it’s been amazing. It’s helped my mood a lot, has been great contraception, has regulated my periods and made them significantly lighter. My skin is also much better. I have gained some weight but I don’t attribute it to the pill - it’s been a stressful few months in my personal life. I don’t think it’s due to the pill because it’s been easy to lose weight as well. Only thing I don’t love about it is that my already oily hair is now a bit greasier, but I’ve found good hair products that make this little problem basically nonenxistent. Overall I really recommend."

coffsci (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 25, 2019

"I was nervous to take this birth control. I’ve taken 3 other types all pill form. I had previously experienced side affects from those pills such as increased hunger, paranoia, huge mood swings, irritability, quick weight gain, etc. With Aviane I haven’t noticed any of that, my period is lighter and shorter, the pills don’t make me feel nauseous or weird, and my mood is 100% normal and me. However it has been a lot harder and slower of a process for me to lose the weight I have gained from the other pills. Normally I lose weight relatively easily but not the case here. Other small negative is I do experience some cramping a few days before placebo week starts."

Cynthia (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 21, 2019

"I've been on Aviane for some time (years, I'm talking 7 years) and I'm hopefully going to be getting off it soon. I've never experienced scalp issues until taking this demon pill. Not only is half my hair gone and SUPER thin, I have nothing but scalp pain, and my hair is overly greasy and I have to wash way more often than you should be. I'm constantly negative, I hate everything, even when I convince myself not too and I just want to hide away from humanity. I can't believe I stayed on it this long. I hate myself for letting my hair get to this point, it's so embarrassing and sad...."

JessieG (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 13, 2019

"I have not had 1 problem with Aviane birth control. I’ve never been on birth control until I started Aviane. I spotted very lightly everyday for the entire first month I was on it. The second month, I had spotting for a few days before the start of my period. It’s my third month now, I had no spotting and my period was on time. I’ve had no side effects with this birth control and it is effective."

Cass (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 12, 2019

"I took this for 2 months I kept getting yeast infections and my vagina is always irritated and itchy. My anxiety is off the roof with this medication also effects my bowel movements. I don’t think this medication is for me"

melanin (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 3, 2019

"I am sure everyone reacts differently to medication but in my experience this was the worst decision! I started taking Aviane because although I loved being on Sprintec my doc suggested switching to a low dose pill continuously and prescribed Aviane. I had stomach issues right away, depression and then bled for 3 weeks straight with no breaks at all. I was told to wait it out because breakthrough bleeding is common at first but it just felt like something was wrong and I needed to stop. Its been 3 days since I stopped and I can already feel that my mood has improved! I plan on letting my body return to normal and then seeing if I can try something else in a few months."

ER February 8, 2019

"I've been on Aviane (ethinylestradiol 20 mcg and levonorgestrel 100 mcg) for about a year and a half. Haven't identified any side effects apart from headaches and less lubrication during intimacy, and have not gotten pregnant. Doesn't work too well for skipping the placebo week & skipping your period, I usually begin to breakthrough bleed at the end of week 4. I was on Levest (ethinylestradiol 30 mcg and levonorgestrel 150 mcg) which was a bigger dose of both hormones- prior to this and liked it better (less of those side effects mentioned above and easier to skip periods) but they do not have it in the US. No breakouts or weight gain - my skin probably got better. (The generic for Levest is nordette 28 or Marlissa)"

Timi (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 8, 2019

"I have only been on this birth control for one week. DO NOT TAKE THIS. I have been angry, anxious and having really dark thoughts. I am never like this. I noticed my behavior changed drastically over the weekend. I also now have a yeast infection. I'm very red and the skin is sore. I wanted this to work but it has been scary as hell. I hope I go back to normal ASAP. Please monitor your mood if you are new to taking this."

ncerutti (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2019

"It’s my first bc pill and I am highly nauseous and my headaches are increased and a lot more painful. Not happy and will not proceed with this therapy any longer."

Am (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2019

"So I’ve been taking this for 3 months now and I am not pregnant so yay! But it has made my breasts shrink two cup sizes I don’t like looking at myself in the mirror which makes me very depressed. My bras do not fit me anymore. I went from a D to a B/C. Also if I accidentally skip a day or so or if I take the placebo pills, I get diarrhea. My hair is also greasy. But honestly if I didn’t get my body by taking this. I would continue cause it’s pretty much the best I’ve tried."

KB (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 18, 2018

"Started off taking the birth control and I thought it was fine... then I noticed myself gaining weight even though I workout 6 days a week and my acne got so bad I would cry because it would hurt so bad. It wasn’t always my face mainly my back and it worsened my eczema by making my skin very dry. I also experienced fatigue a lot more while on this. I took myself off of it and now I’m in the process of starting something new."

Laggy (taken for less than 1 month) December 15, 2018

"I have been on this bc for 2 years and no problems at all"

sillyvmom (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 18, 2018

"THIS IS THE BEST BIRTH CONTROL PILL EVER! I wanted to share my experience with everyone because after choosing a wrong pill before I realized how important it is to search to find the right pill. I'm on my 3rd month so far and I see no effect on myself. My weight is the same, my skin is the same, I don't have nausea or a headache (as I experienced on my previous pill called Esme) My mood is normal as how I am as usual. I loved this pill because I see no effect. So, I can move on to my life like I'm not on a pill. I started this pill after reading so many good comments about it and I definitely recommend it!!!"

asenatuna (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 15, 2018

"Aviane is the first birth control pill I’ve ever taken. I’ve been on it for 11 months now. The pros - my skin has cleared up a lot and I barely breakout. I haven’t gotten pregnant. I have lost weight 12 lbs, but I do workout and diet so that may be why I lost weight. The cons - I’ve had abnormal bleeding since I started the pill I thought it’d be gone by now considering “breakthrough bleeding” is very common but it hasn’t. I don’t think I’ve gone a full week without bleeding but it’s not like a heavy period. It’s more of spotting and I wear tampon so I don't have to deal with the blood. It’s very annoying and I’m debating on switching bc pills but I really don’t know how my body will react to an alternative brand. Moods - I don’t really get moody, I’m more blah and laid back. Actually my moods seem stable now, I used to PMS bad. I would recommend this pill minus the ANNOYING SPOTTING but I will give it a chance and hope it goes away completely."

Dolly November 11, 2018

"After reading all these negative reviews I suddenly don’t feel as alone. I’ve been on this birth control for 4 years and I truly think it it’s the root to my problems. On my placebo week I feel 10x better. Then I start back up and my stomach is terrible I’m nauseous 24/7, I’ve definitely gained 10+ pounds, exhausted all the time. I am calling my doctor to change me this week because I can’t do it anymore. I also am a very upbeat person and I feel as if this drug makes me have mood swings which is unlike me and then I get upset because I don’t know why I’m feeling so terrible. The bloating is so bad, my boobs get incredibly sore sometimes. I’ve taken pregnancy tests just because my symptoms mimicked pregnancy ones too closely. Not worth it"

Anonymous November 2, 2018