User Reviews for Aviane

Learn more about Aviane.

Aviane Rating Summary

6.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 259 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Aviane to treat Birth Control

"I'm on my second pack about 2 & a half weeks in. So far I feel better overall with my mood besides the fact that life's been stressing me out. My only complaints are the acne and my breasts grew so much and I'm having a hard time with how much they've grown so quick. I also feel hungry all the time and feel like I've gained weight. Other than that it's helped my mood turn from sad and moody to pretty calm and happy"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been on this birth control for 8 months. It would work perfect for me if it wasn't for the acne. I have no mood swings, my period is normal (can be crampy for the first day, but nothing too crazy), my sex drive is normal (definitely increased compared to Yaz!), and I have been able to lose weight on it. However, it has not helped my acne at all. I think it actually makes it worse. I think I will be switching soon for that reason. I should also mention if I don't take it within an hour or 2 everyday, it totally messes up my period and I will get my period at the most random times, even when I was not on the placebo week. I remember when I first started it I got my period every other week (lasting 4-5 days each time), but that went away."

Runnergrlx178 June 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am a 48 year old athlete with little body fat. I have not had a period or 4 years. Recently my hair began thinning and sex has been very painful. My doc suggested that I have blood tests to determine whether or not I was in menopause. The tests showed that my estrogen was low, so he prescribed me Aviane. This pill has been my MIRACLE drug. My hair stopped falling out, sex is no longer painful, and I feel happy all the time. NO issues except for very light spotting while taking the hormonal pills. I did call my doc to ask if this was normal, and he said that it was my body adjusting to the new hormone. I am very very satisfied with the outcome!"

gamine (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was scared to try birth control for the first time, especially after reading the horror stories here. But people only post things if something happens. For me, nothing has happened. The first day I had crazy mood swings, but maybe it was placebo effect. I was scared that I would lose all my progress with depression, but actually nothing has happened. I'm still the cheerful, calm person I was before starting it. The rest of the week nothing happened. I even forgot I'm taking BC at all. I guess I did break out a lot more and my skin's pretty raw, but I'm only on it for Accutane so it'll be fun to see the chemicals duke it out."

Accugains (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been on this pill for about 9 months now and I'm either switching to another pill or just getting off it in general. This pill overall isn't terrible but I do have a few complaints. It made me gain a little bit of weight, typical. But what really bothers me is the week before I'm going to start my period I spot for about 2 days. What also bothers me is my period is now 10 days long -_-"

taytay1621 May 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have only been on it for a month but nothing terrible. No weight gain, in fact lost 5 pounds but I was super aware of my eating habits since I didn't want to gain any. I did have like mini emotional episode 2 weeks in where I was anxious but it was only for 2 days and I haven't felt anything since. I did experience nausea for the first week or so, but that went away. Over all I really like this pill and will probably stick with it but its important to remember that everyones body is going to react differently so try it out and see if it works for you or not!"

not too bad April 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been on this birth control for over a year now, so I have a pretty good idea of its effectiveness. Overall, I am extremely satisfied with this medication and I have had a positive experience with it. The only downside is that I experienced crazy mood swings the first 3 months of starting the medication, but it regulated itself and went away. Other than that, I am obviously not pregnant, did not gain weight, never had problems with acne, and no nausea. It also regulates my period and my period starts on the exact anticipated day every single month for over a year."

tellatella April 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I experienced severe stomach pain for 12 months on this medication. The pain was intense, every single day, to the point where I thought I was going to lose my mind. I had an endoscopy that my insurance did NOT cover at $1000 dollars and the results were inconclusive. They kept telling me I had acid refulx. Their pills didnt help at, and I had anxiety related side effects. I finally did some research on this drug and it says that rarely the properties of Aviane can cause an involuntary muscle in the stomach called the LES to relax when it is supposed to be contracting and moving, and this can cause severe stomach pain and acid back up in the throat. I finally switched over to a new brand, and I feel so much better. Not recommended."

Clarecat711 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was on this pill for almost 2 years as of a week ago. The first week of taking it I experienced mood swings and weight gain but it settled after awhile. I was good for about a year never got pregnant but just recently I noticed I had severe side effects from depression to being angry all of the time. I even started to get irritated "down there" after every cycle. I just switched to Tri-Sprintec so hopefully this works wonders. Don't go off of my horrible experience every ones body is different."

shauntella March 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been on this birth control for 3 months and have not gained a single pound. I've actually lost weight, which was surprising. I have not had any side effects other than mood swings for the first week I went on it and spotting the week before I got my period. I don't use condoms with this birth control and have sex every other day and still haven't gotten pregnant. I really can't say enough positive things about this birth control."

Jocie123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been taking aviane for about a year. Cleared up my acne within a month or two; I don't get any cystic acne anymore. It's a relief. I don't get any side effects and it definitely evens out my mood."

Mlle. February 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Everyone's body is different however Aviane has worked wonders for me!! I originally was prescribed this when I was 18 but with my mom's insurance I had to switch to the generic version; which was horrible for me. I recently got back on Aviane after about 6 years and I love it more than I did back then! I've lost weight and my acne has cleared up so drastically! I love this birth control!!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Side effects I've had in exact order: -Dairy allergy (not sure if it's from the pill, occured a few months after taking.) -Constant right lower abdominal pain, with trapped gas pains, & bubbling after eating anything. -Extreme bloating after meals. Random changes: -Period was normal up until the past few months of being on it. (Been on it for over 3 years.) Super light & barely get a period. Also made me skip a month. -Cramps became more excruciating. (A week before & then during my period.) (Wasn't always like this.) After almost 4 years I dealt with all of the other side effects until I had -CHEST TIGHTNESS & HEART PALPITATIONS. Beware of your body and your symptoms. Always go with your gut. Every birth control has symptoms.."

D_H339 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been taking this for 7 days and I can feel it changes me. I feel somewhat depressed, breakout and angry all the time I hate it need to change it for something else ugh again!!!"

SadB January 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been on Aviane for almost 5 months now. I have experienced weight gain, increased anxiety and have had moderate depression. I have also had difficulty breathing when working out and have recently developed vision problems (a floater). I am not 100% sure that is is derived strictly from Aviane, but I have never had these issued before. I am going to discontinue use."

R.W. January 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Worst bc out of all three I have tried. I switched because this pill was much cheaper, now I know why.I gained over 5 pounds in only one pack (month). It gave me cystic acne and before my skin was clean. No babies w unprotected sex but still, I will be switching back to my previous pill."

Bre146783 January 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This is my second birth control pill. I have been taking aviane for 1 year and 3.5 months now and I love it! I used to have cramping so bad on the first day of my period that I would throw up, but since I started aviane my period symptoms are practically non-existent (except for minor break outs on my face right before it starts but this was a symptom prior to taking aviane as well). I also used to get frequent yeast infections and BV but since starting this BC those break outs have occurred WAAAY less often. I experience no negative side-effects physically or mentally."

Jftt (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This is the second type of birth control pill that I've been testing out. The first one that I was on gave me severe headaches practically everyday. Luckily with Aviane my headaches are gone. This is my 3rd month on Aviane and it's been okay. I've been having breakthrough bleeding and a few pimples here and there whenever I am about to start my period. Also whenever I am about to start my period I get depressed and I get really bad cramps. I am most likely going to switch to a different pill. Hopefully I find one that's right for me."

2467Carissa (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I tried Alesse in the past and liked it but it made me feel extremely tired. I decided to try the generic Aviane so see if I felt different. I'm only on day 11 but I don't feel mentally well, I starting to feel irritated and depressed, im finishing the pack and will stop taking this pill. Our emotional health is much more important."

Jen.xo December 24, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started taking Aviane in April I switched to it from YAZ because it made me psycho with migraines every other day. At first I loved Aviane because my headaches went away. I'm now 8 months into it and breaking out like a teenager. I am 25 years old but you wouldn't know it by my face. I am so depressed about it. I don't want to look at anyone or talk to anyone. My overall mood when I don't have to talk to people is great. I love the way it makes me feel. It just seriously screwed up my face with cystic acne all around my chin and mouth area. I'm switching to another pill on Sunday! YAY ME! More breakouts through the transition period. WISH ME LUCK. :("

Pissed1234567 December 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started Aviane 2 months ago. My 1st month in my third week, I started cramping. I started spotting the day before my placebo pill, which was followed by extremely agonizing pain in my stomach & pelvic. Nothing helped take the pain away (heating pad, Pamprin, Percocet, peppermint tea, hot bath, stretching, etc.). For 3 days I had spotting, and then it was like the flood gates opened on the 4th day. Every hour I was changing a super tampon & pad because the bleeding was that bad, still with the horrible pain. My period this month is now doing the same thing with the horrible pain. My doctor is switching my pills so hopefully I don't experience this pain again. Its truly the worst pain I have ever felt in my life!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been on Aviane for about 5 months and haven't experienced any negative side effects besides tender breasts around the time of my period, but other than that it's been fine. Shorter, lighter periods and not pregnancy which is very nice."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Absolutely love it. I have a higher sex which is good for my husband lol would recommend"

MasinaBaird (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Side effects low sex drive, vaginal itching, weight gain."

Pilllllllls pills November 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been taking the Aviane birth control for 9 months. 2 months ago i started feeling _MY_ pregnancy symptoms = usual things started smelling weird, i would wake up starving, i started getting in my feelings(emotional) and watching certain movies i would cry. ✋Wait a minute am i pregnant? Took 3 test all were negative. So i guess the fact that I've been taking it for so long it actually kicked in and im experiencing the side effects. I have gain maybe 10 pounds since being on it and my weight is staying "

Nme1 November 9, 2016