User Reviews for Aviane

Learn more about Aviane.

Aviane Rating Summary

6.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 248 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Aviane to treat Birth Control

"This is my second birth control pill. I have been taking aviane for 1 year and 3.5 months now and I love it! I used to have cramping so bad on the first day of my period that I would throw up, but since I started aviane my period symptoms are practically non-existent (except for minor break outs on my face right before it starts but this was a symptom prior to taking aviane as well). I also used to get frequent yeast infections and BV but since starting this BC those break outs have occurred WAAAY less often. I experience no negative side-effects physically or mentally."

Jftt (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 11, 2017

"This is the second type of birth control pill that I've been testing out. The first one that I was on gave me severe headaches practically everyday. Luckily with Aviane my headaches are gone. This is my 3rd month on Aviane and it's been okay. I've been having breakthrough bleeding and a few pimples here and there whenever I am about to start my period. Also whenever I am about to start my period I get depressed and I get really bad cramps. I am most likely going to switch to a different pill. Hopefully I find one that's right for me."

2467Carissa (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 7, 2017

"I tried Alesse in the past and liked it but it made me feel extremely tired. I decided to try the generic Aviane so see if I felt different. I'm only on day 11 but I don't feel mentally well, I starting to feel irritated and depressed, im finishing the pack and will stop taking this pill. Our emotional health is much more important."

Jen.xo December 24, 2016

"I started taking Aviane in April I switched to it from YAZ because it made me psycho with migraines every other day. At first I loved Aviane because my headaches went away. I'm now 8 months into it and breaking out like a teenager. I am 25 years old but you wouldn't know it by my face. I am so depressed about it. I don't want to look at anyone or talk to anyone. My overall mood when I don't have to talk to people is great. I love the way it makes me feel. It just seriously screwed up my face with cystic acne all around my chin and mouth area. I'm switching to another pill on Sunday! YAY ME! More breakouts through the transition period. WISH ME LUCK. :("

Pissed1234567 December 15, 2016

"I started Aviane 2 months ago. My 1st month in my third week, I started cramping. I started spotting the day before my placebo pill, which was followed by extremely agonizing pain in my stomach & pelvic. Nothing helped take the pain away (heating pad, Pamprin, Percocet, peppermint tea, hot bath, stretching, etc.). For 3 days I had spotting, and then it was like the flood gates opened on the 4th day. Every hour I was changing a super tampon & pad because the bleeding was that bad, still with the horrible pain. My period this month is now doing the same thing with the horrible pain. My doctor is switching my pills so hopefully I don't experience this pain again. Its truly the worst pain I have ever felt in my life!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 14, 2016

"I've been on Aviane for about 5 months and haven't experienced any negative side effects besides tender breasts around the time of my period, but other than that it's been fine. Shorter, lighter periods and not pregnancy which is very nice."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 14, 2016

"Absolutely love it. I have a higher sex which is good for my husband lol would recommend"

MasinaBaird (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 13, 2016

"Side effects low sex drive, vaginal itching, weight gain."

Pilllllllls pills November 16, 2016

"I've been taking the Aviane birth control for 9 months. 2 months ago i started feeling _MY_ pregnancy symptoms = usual things started smelling weird, i would wake up starving, i started getting in my feelings(emotional) and watching certain movies i would cry. ✋Wait a minute am i pregnant? Took 3 test all were negative. So i guess the fact that I've been taking it for so long it actually kicked in and im experiencing the side effects. I have gain maybe 10 pounds since being on it and my weight is staying "

Nme1 November 9, 2016

"I have been using Aviane for months. This is my first birth control and it has put my hormones back on track. Before using Aviane I cramped up to a week before starting and 7-10 day long periods. I was also extremely moody before on the pill. Now my periods are 3-4 days long, my cramping no longer requires pain meds, and I'm no longer moody. The only side effect I have is a low sex drive."

Danicajw11 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 8, 2016

"I'm on my second month of taking this bc and noticed in the first month my face was very dry. Had a few small breakouts. This could also be contributed from using Glycolic Acid Cream. But I have had some pretty bad bloating and terrible gas and constipation. Though it did help the length of my cycle from 10/15 days down to 5/7 days. Cramps are a breeze compared to before Aviane. Sex drive isn't high but I had issues with my sex drive before taking Aviane. Pretty bad breast tenderness and growth. If this bc is not the reasoning for my tummy issues then I would recommend it."

Abm83 October 26, 2016

"My experience on this was bad. The only reason I hate this is because of headaches. They were so bad my eyes would not focus and they would get lazy, I tried everything and didn't notice it was my pills until I switched. I switched because I got weird cramps. It has helped against pregnancy, no gain weight, normal appetite, but the headaches were bad. When I went on my other pills I didn't like them so I tried to switch back to those and noticed right away the headaches. Not my favorite but it's different for everyone."

Shxrty (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 25, 2016

"On the 3rd day of taking this medication it caused SEVERE indigestion which I had never experienced, I ended up in the ER because it also had upset my gallbladder, almost causing emergency surgery. I eat a vegan diet and never had gallbladder trouble, this was the most severe symptom I experienced. I also would get constant, extreme, nausea at the same time every day. I also was unable to stay awake at work, or even driving to work no matter how long I would sleep. I completely lost my sex drive. And lastly, I did experience pretty heavy spotting a few days in; even though, I waited until the Sunday after my cycle to start. This medication was clearly not for me, and stopped taking on day 8."

Amber1234 (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2016

"I'm 19 and I've been on Aviane for 8 days now. I switched from Diane 35. I never experienced side effects while on my old pill, but I had to change pills because the other one has more estrogen and is also for acne, which I don't have much of anymore. Since being on Aviane, I've been having cramps very often. I've been feeling nauseous and yesterday I vomited. I also felt very tired for a few days, even though I had slept over 10 hours the previous nights. On the plus side, it hasn't affected my skin and my sex drive is normal. I'll see how I feel by the end of the month."

melllllsssss (taken for less than 1 month) October 16, 2016

"I switched from Junel Fe to Aviane and I regret it. This pill made me break out horribly! Avoid this pill!"

Nikki_2018 October 15, 2016

"I am 23 years of age and this is the first BCP I was put on to treat my severe cramps. The first week of taking it I was extremely nauseous but that was the only side effect I noticed. Until my third week in 10 days before my period I started getting dark discharge heavily for a week on top of that I experienced cramps that weren't as painful as they usually are but still enough pain for me to feel uncomfortable and notice them. My skin also broke out really badly which was the worst side effect of them all since I had clear skin when I started. I'm not sure whether I want to continue into my second month to see if it will improve or switch all together. My impression of it at the moment is it hasnt done much good for me"

Kayness (taken for less than 1 month) October 7, 2016

"So I have irregular periods and decided to get back on BC to regulate them... I'm on day 11 of Aviane and it is the absolute WORST!!!!!!!!! I started spotting within a day of taking the pill... I figured since it been a while that was normal. Ugh. Then started a full blown period the next day and it hasn't gone away. I missed one dosage and that lightened it up, but now that I'm taking it reguarly again it's a heavy cycle again. Also I've vomitted once and have been consistently nauseous and have headaches all day. I try to drink water and eat but nothing is helping, but laying down and I can't do that all day. My mood is ridiculous. I cry about everything now. I cried because the sun was out and it was beautiful smh. I would say stay away!"

Tired of bleeding (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2016

"So I had the mirena after my first daughter and had it again after my second but felt it was making me very moody and gained weight. So I just have been on aviane for 2 weeks and I have had painful heartburn and acid reflux to the point of no sleep for 3 nights straight this past week and extremely bloated feeling. I was really excited to be back on the pill since before my kids I was on the pill and never had any issues, but I'm only two weeks in and my body is hating itself. Sad to say I would not recommend. But everyone is different"

Notafanofaviane (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2016

"I took Aviane for almost two years before switching to Mirena (which I love, by the way.) I never had sex without a condom while on this BC, but it seemed to do its job. I never got pregnant. I did, however, regularly experience the withdrawal bleeding (a "period") consistently a few days before the placebos began every month, but it was predictable so I didn't mind. I took the pill at the exact time every day. I just don't think the hormones were quite strong enough to hold back my bleeding. Basically Aviane worked alright for me, although I did notice some minor but more frequent bouts of depressive episodes that were very short while on this BC. I had a lot less acne while on Aviane, but small flare ups a day or two before my period."

Alicia R K July 14, 2016

"I'm on my second week of Aviane and my skin is breaking out sooooo bad, all over my face. I've had problems with acne before but it seems like it's pretty bad this time. people say that you break out badly during the first pack but then during the second one your skin clears. so let's hope that's true. I haven't experienced any other side affects, except breast tenderness and mild abdominal cramps. I'll probably post an update on my acne in a month or two. :)"

kishhh (taken for less than 1 month) July 8, 2016

"I started taking Aviane after experiencing horrible side effects from the first brand I was on. The only side effect I have experienced is nausea, so all I did was take my pill around supper time and it went away. I would definitely recommend Aviane to someone looking for a good birth control pill. :)"

Kennedy_Ryanne (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 5, 2016

"I was scareddddd when I was first prescribed Aviane then I looked up the reviews! They made me extremely hesitant to try it. However, I've been on it for almost 6 months now and I have not had 1 side effect or symptom. My body hasn't reacted negatively towards it AT ALL! my period has shortened and lightened up! It's usually 7+ days and I can now count on it being a solid 4/5 days long. I'm very satisfied! EVERYONES body is different & mine is in favor of Aviane! God Bless"

Aser (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 23, 2016

"ive been on this pill for 2 months now and I'm growing to like it. During the first month, I experienced the side effects (as expected). My breasts were very swollen and VERY tender. I had to buy new bras to handle the pain. I had one day of nausea and never had issues with it again. I had migraines on and off throughout the first month and they have gone away. Periods are much shorter, lighter, and much less painful. I have had bare sex on this pill and have not seen any signs of pregnancy. It made my face break out during the first month, however, on month 2 my skin looked WAY better. After about 3 months of taking the pill all side effects seem to subside!"

Anneeshayy June 20, 2016

"Just finished my first pack after never taking birth control in the past. Very slight improvement in my acne, made my breasts a little bigger, and helped increase my sex drive. However, it did make me gain weight and get some pretty bad mood swings. I will continue to take this pill to see if these side effects wear off."

Anonymous1123 June 17, 2016

"This was the third birth control that I tried, and was pretty close to just not using birth control pills anymore since the last two I tried has such severe side effects. However, this pill has been going quite well for me. I have been taking it for the past 2 weeks, and the only side effects I've noticed are nausea, headaches, a little more tired then usual, slight more acne. I am also getting this weird stomach pain after eating right after taking my pill but that could be from something else. Sex drive is normal, and my mood is the exact same. All in all, I think it's a good pill."

Ms. Sensitive (taken for less than 1 month) June 16, 2016