User Reviews for Aviane (Page 2)

Aviane Rating Summary

6.6/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 268 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Aviane to treat Birth Control

"I'm shocked how much I like this pill. I've tried everything and always had such terrible side effects in the past. It's been 4 months on Aviane and I'm very happy with it. My period comes exactly on the first placebo day each month, and is lighter with no cramps. I have not noticed any changes in acne or mood swings and feel happy. It does make my breasts tender a few days each month, but they've gotten bigger overall so it's worth it. I have not gained any weight and actually lost a few pounds."

realbird17 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 17, 2018

"This was my first time on a birth control pill, I am 22. The first month on it was fine, no bad side effects besides my skin got so, so, so, so dry. My forehead flakes, side of my nose flakes. My skin has always been combination but never had such flakey dry skin, same with my scalp, itchy and flakey. On the second month, started gaining weight, feeling bloated and so severely tired. I have a cleaning obsession and taking this pill made me so lazy and tired. It is the third month now and I've gained 10 pounds, skin is dryer than a desert, horrible cramps, gassy and my nipples are so sore. I have been panicking about being pregnant but it is nearly impossible. Me and my boyfriend take so many precautions. This pill is horrible."

GabbyDeja (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 30, 2017

"I have had such a horrible experience with this pill. I was on lutera and Sronyx preciously with no problems and they gave me this one for some reason. I got a weird rash which I’m assuming is an allergic reaction to this stupid pill. My boobs hurt and I have had such bad pain in my lower left pelvic region. I can’t wait to get back on my old pill"

Kdavis1003 December 23, 2017

"I just recently had a baby in September and before I was on lutera, but they discontinued it so my midwives gave me Aviane. I don’t have much experience since I’ve only been on it 2 months, but SO FAR I like this birth control. I have very minimal acne it’s the same as when I wasn’t on BC .. just 1 or 2 small pimples before my period is supposed to start then they go right away. That’s the only side affects I’ve had so far hopefully it stays that way and I don’t have to switch pills down the line. I’m on day 3 of my placebos and still no period which is weird because my period comes right when I start the first inactive pill. I know for a FACT I’m not pregnant lol I haven’t been sexually active in months so maybe it’ll be late or won’t show"

Dreadrea December 21, 2017

"I’ve been on this pill for about 4 months now, the 1 month I was extremely moody and just emotional all over the place I had no motivation to do anything but sleep but after the first month that was gone. Before taking BC my cycle was very much regular, so I threw mine off for the first 3 Months not I’m starting to regulate again. I broke out like crazy on my jawline and cheeks and I normally have extremely clear skin. But this month all went away And it’s cycle is soo much lighter. So far I haven’t gained or lost any weight. But I don’t bloat anymore which is a plus but my breasts have definitely grown. I think this is a good choice for me, so for it hasn’t been too bad"

Jaidah (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 21, 2017

"This was the first birth control pill I tried. My side effects were fluid retention (mostly in my chest which resolved after about 5 months on the pill) and acne. I don't usually have acne and it would go away during my period week so I knew it was coming from the pill. I just switched to a different pill which is working much better for me."

BKT December 16, 2017

"This medicine caused me to bloat severely! I constantly had gas/burping that never stopped. I felt TERRIBLE all the time, except when I was on my period (during the placebo pills) - which is crazy!! I would get dizzy after I ate. Had NO energy to do anything. Tender breasts all the time. I constantly had weird pains and early periods that were EXTREMELY painful. They were lighter though, which was nice but most birth control pills do that. I tried it for 7 months and the symptoms only got worse. As soon as I finished my 7th pack, I switched to a new brand and my symptoms immediately went away!"

Avianeistheworst (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 12, 2017

"I was on Lutera, and then I suppose they ran out because I started getting Aviane. No complaints though! I love this birth control. My sex drive has increased, my acne has almost completely cleared, it definitely increased my breast size by one cup, reduced my period bleeding and helped regulate, and I’m able to maintain a steady weight. Also, I can lose weight super easy. The only downside is yes, I maintain weight, but I bloat A LOT! Not a huge deal, just kind of cumbersome. All in all, I really love this pill."

annieeeee December 6, 2017

"This pill is the worst one I've taken, I've never been on such a problematic birth control like this before and it's causing so much stress on my daily life. I switched from reclipsen because it gave me a migraine every day, on the bright side this pill hasn't given me any. Unfortunately what it has given me is terrible acne, depression, day long lasting nausea, and the day before my period I had horrible pains in my right side from my belly button to the bottom of my pubic bone that I nearly went into the e.r. It was so debilitating that I couldn't move a muscle. Now, upon my self examination I've discovered a lump and have nipple discharge, I'm not entirely sure if the birth control is the direct link; but my Drs and I will see."

Anonymous1112 November 14, 2017

"I started in January so it’s been been about 10 months on aviane. I didn’t feel any side effects or change for at least 6 months but then I started to get mood swings. I’ll be happy sad and angry at the same time. Crazy. I started to have left pelvic pain a lot and lower back pain sometimes leg pain. Not sure if it’s from the pill but I really don’t do anything. When I started taking prenatal vitamin gummies just because I had them it made me feel a little sick. So I stopped taking the gummies and I’m ok but I had a pap prior to pills and everything was clear except I found out I had chlamydia and treated me. No cyst. Doc said pills could prevent cysts too . I will get my pap in a few months and see if they can resolve this issue."

Lulu620710 November 4, 2017

"I really don't understand how people can recommend to use a specific BC brand.... It doesn't make sense at all!!!!! The only right way is to see your Gyn and see what she/he says. Everything is so personal, our bodies and organisms are different. If something works for you, doesn't mean it will work for someone else (or the opposite way). I am trying to switch to another BC right now and going to my doctor soon so she can prescribe what will work the best personally for myself."

Di_A_Na October 19, 2017

"I absolutely LOVE this pill. I have been through a lot of rough patches with my health, involving ovarian cysts, hirustism, hormonal cystic acne, and painful and heavy periods. When I first tried birth control in college, I was put on Aviane. It cleared up my skin to porcelain-like results within the first month, it regulated my cycle like clockwork, helped me shed unwanted weight, improved my sex drive, and even increased my breast size (bonus) from a small 34B to a full 34D cup. I am 5'4" and 130 pounds, so this effect only helped my self-esteem! I went off Aviane a few years later after my gyno took out two cysts in 2012, and since then I tried about 6 other pills, from Yaz to Sprintec to Lutera. NOTHING compares to Aviane!"

magyar_boheme88 (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 17, 2017

"I have been on this birth control for over a year now and it is not working for me. I have no sex drive anymore. And on top of that I have very bad mood swings. It makes me a complete cow and I lose my temper very easily. This medication did not work for me."

mak15 October 9, 2017

"I was switched to this when my pharmacy stopped carrying Lutera (which I had been taking for a few years). I HATE THIS BIRTH CONTROL. I went back to the pharmacy after 2 months and told them to never give it to me again and thankfully they had a few Lutera that they let me have. On the plus side, my sex drive was so high, my breasts were very sensitive as well. However, the way my period was while on this pill does not make it worth it. Lutera gives me a super short super light period. This one I had super super heavy flows, blood clots and it lasted 1.5 weeks (compared to Lutera's 4 days). It is different for everyone, but I do not recommend this at all."

coco2222 September 28, 2017

"After switching birth control pills I was really happy to find this one. I experienced no nausea, headaches, and zero mood swings. My last birth control contributed to horrible emotional ups and downs, but this one seems to not even affect my emotions. So thankful to have found a pill with no noticeable side effects for me! Everyone's body chemistry is different though, so find what's right for you."

Mountainmonkey (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 24, 2017

"I started this birth control 2 months ago and I have never had acne or skin problems and I'm getting small zits/bumps/acne around my chin and jawline and I've done a ton of research and it's hormonal. My diet hasn't been the best so that probably doesn't help either. My mood has definitely levelled off and I feel more calm overall I think than my last bc but I cannot stand getting this acne I'm developing."

art25 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 20, 2017

"I have been using this for about three or four months , I haven't had any major mood swings or major acne breakouts but I have been experiencing abnormally painful cramps and an extremely heavy flow. A super to super plus tampon will only last me maybe one hour."

Manda9412 September 5, 2017

"I begin this medicine because I had trouble with regulating my cycle. Biggest mistake ever! I have been bleeding non stop going on three weeks and the cramps and abdominal pain is unreal. I couldn't even finish a whole month because of the side effects. I do not recommend this product at all."

C PRaynor (taken for less than 1 month) September 3, 2017

"My experience with Aviane has been really amazing. I lost a little weight when I was first put on it, but my appetite seemed relatively normal. I've not had any luck with it reducing acne, however, my period became completely regular. I can pinpoint it's start within a 32 hr range, and it has reduced my flow and cramps significantly. I used to get nauseous and dizzy when my period would start, and now, other than the occasional light cramping, it is hardly noticable."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 31, 2017

"It works well enough to prevent pregnancy, but I hate this pill. I've tried three different brand over the course of two years and this is by far the worst. I normally have anxiety, but this pill makes me constantly stressed. I am constantly frustrated and angry for no reason; it's not mood swings, I'm just so mad all the time. None of these mental health issues appeared before I began taking this pill and honestly I'm going to quit as soon as I'm on a new method."

Anonymous August 31, 2017

"I've been on birth control for almost 2 years and have gone through about 8 different brands of pill. Aviane if the only one that keeps my emotions balanced. I noticed a little weight gain, and my breasts got bigger, but really other than that its been effective, affordable, and doesn't cause me stress or discomfort. My periods went from 7-9 days to 3-5 days and its great."

weldingbabe (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 19, 2017

"Amazing! It broke me out the first two months, but by now, at month six, my skin has been completely clear. I use to struggle with PMDD, which gave me really bad depression around my period. Now, I feel so much more stable and my depression and mood swings are gone. No weight gain, I actually lost a few pounds. No bad side effects at all! Would recommend this to anyone if you're looking for birth control with only positive side effects. And of course, I have not gotten pregnant."

samantha2498 July 13, 2017

"I've been on this birth control for about two years & this is the only one I've ever used. I can say I've definitely gained weight but I'm sure it had to do with many other factors as well. Sex drive decreased and I get moody and irritable. However, nothing is extreme & it does its job. I've noticed constant mood swings the week after my period or the first week of the pills so I sometimes double up to avoid the dip In hormones. I guess it's good enough to the point where I don't want to trial and error any other one so that's why I stay on it. Everyone's body's are so different"

LC12345 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 11, 2017

"I'm on my second pack about 2 & a half weeks in. So far I feel better overall with my mood besides the fact that life's been stressing me out. My only complaints are the acne and my breasts grew so much and I'm having a hard time with how much they've grown so quick. I also feel hungry all the time and feel like I've gained weight. Other than that it's helped my mood turn from sad and moody to pretty calm and happy"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 24, 2017

"I've been on this birth control for 8 months. It would work perfect for me if it wasn't for the acne. I have no mood swings, my period is normal (can be crampy for the first day, but nothing too crazy), my sex drive is normal (definitely increased compared to Yaz!), and I have been able to lose weight on it. However, it has not helped my acne at all. I think it actually makes it worse. I think I will be switching soon for that reason. I should also mention if I don't take it within an hour or 2 everyday, it totally messes up my period and I will get my period at the most random times, even when I was not on the placebo week. I remember when I first started it I got my period every other week (lasting 4-5 days each time), but that went away."

Runnergrlx178 June 13, 2017