User Reviews for Aviane (Page 2)

Learn more about Aviane.

Aviane Rating Summary

6.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 257 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Aviane to treat Birth Control

"On the 3rd day of taking this medication it caused SEVERE indigestion which I had never experienced, I ended up in the ER because it also had upset my gallbladder, almost causing emergency surgery. I eat a vegan diet and never had gallbladder trouble, this was the most severe symptom I experienced. I also would get constant, extreme, nausea at the same time every day. I also was unable to stay awake at work, or even driving to work no matter how long I would sleep. I completely lost my sex drive. And lastly, I did experience pretty heavy spotting a few days in; even though, I waited until the Sunday after my cycle to start. This medication was clearly not for me, and stopped taking on day 8."

Amber1234 (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I'm 19 and I've been on Aviane for 8 days now. I switched from Diane 35. I never experienced side effects while on my old pill, but I had to change pills because the other one has more estrogen and is also for acne, which I don't have much of anymore. Since being on Aviane, I've been having cramps very often. I've been feeling nauseous and yesterday I vomited. I also felt very tired for a few days, even though I had slept over 10 hours the previous nights. On the plus side, it hasn't affected my skin and my sex drive is normal. I'll see how I feel by the end of the month."

melllllsssss (taken for less than 1 month) October 16, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I switched from Junel Fe to Aviane and I regret it. This pill made me break out horribly! Avoid this pill!"

Nikki_2018 October 15, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I am 23 years of age and this is the first BCP I was put on to treat my severe cramps. The first week of taking it I was extremely nauseous but that was the only side effect I noticed. Until my third week in 10 days before my period I started getting dark discharge heavily for a week on top of that I experienced cramps that weren't as painful as they usually are but still enough pain for me to feel uncomfortable and notice them. My skin also broke out really badly which was the worst side effect of them all since I had clear skin when I started. I'm not sure whether I want to continue into my second month to see if it will improve or switch all together. My impression of it at the moment is it hasnt done much good for me"

Kayness (taken for less than 1 month) October 7, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"So I have irregular periods and decided to get back on BC to regulate them... I'm on day 11 of Aviane and it is the absolute WORST!!!!!!!!! I started spotting within a day of taking the pill... I figured since it been a while that was normal. Ugh. Then started a full blown period the next day and it hasn't gone away. I missed one dosage and that lightened it up, but now that I'm taking it reguarly again it's a heavy cycle again. Also I've vomitted once and have been consistently nauseous and have headaches all day. I try to drink water and eat but nothing is helping, but laying down and I can't do that all day. My mood is ridiculous. I cry about everything now. I cried because the sun was out and it was beautiful smh. I would say stay away!"

Tired of bleeding (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"So I had the mirena after my first daughter and had it again after my second but felt it was making me very moody and gained weight. So I just have been on aviane for 2 weeks and I have had painful heartburn and acid reflux to the point of no sleep for 3 nights straight this past week and extremely bloated feeling. I was really excited to be back on the pill since before my kids I was on the pill and never had any issues, but I'm only two weeks in and my body is hating itself. Sad to say I would not recommend. But everyone is different"

Notafanofaviane (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I took Aviane for almost two years before switching to Mirena (which I love, by the way.) I never had sex without a condom while on this BC, but it seemed to do its job. I never got pregnant. I did, however, regularly experience the withdrawal bleeding (a "period") consistently a few days before the placebos began every month, but it was predictable so I didn't mind. I took the pill at the exact time every day. I just don't think the hormones were quite strong enough to hold back my bleeding. Basically Aviane worked alright for me, although I did notice some minor but more frequent bouts of depressive episodes that were very short while on this BC. I had a lot less acne while on Aviane, but small flare ups a day or two before my period."

Alicia R K July 14, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I'm on my second week of Aviane and my skin is breaking out sooooo bad, all over my face. I've had problems with acne before but it seems like it's pretty bad this time. people say that you break out badly during the first pack but then during the second one your skin clears. so let's hope that's true. I haven't experienced any other side affects, except breast tenderness and mild abdominal cramps. I'll probably post an update on my acne in a month or two. :)"

kishhh (taken for less than 1 month) July 8, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I started taking Aviane after experiencing horrible side effects from the first brand I was on. The only side effect I have experienced is nausea, so all I did was take my pill around supper time and it went away. I would definitely recommend Aviane to someone looking for a good birth control pill. :)"

Kennedy_Ryanne (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 5, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was scareddddd when I was first prescribed Aviane then I looked up the reviews! They made me extremely hesitant to try it. However, I've been on it for almost 6 months now and I have not had 1 side effect or symptom. My body hasn't reacted negatively towards it AT ALL! my period has shortened and lightened up! It's usually 7+ days and I can now count on it being a solid 4/5 days long. I'm very satisfied! EVERYONES body is different & mine is in favor of Aviane! God Bless"

Aser (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 23, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"ive been on this pill for 2 months now and I'm growing to like it. During the first month, I experienced the side effects (as expected). My breasts were very swollen and VERY tender. I had to buy new bras to handle the pain. I had one day of nausea and never had issues with it again. I had migraines on and off throughout the first month and they have gone away. Periods are much shorter, lighter, and much less painful. I have had bare sex on this pill and have not seen any signs of pregnancy. It made my face break out during the first month, however, on month 2 my skin looked WAY better. After about 3 months of taking the pill all side effects seem to subside!"

Anneeshayy June 20, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Just finished my first pack after never taking birth control in the past. Very slight improvement in my acne, made my breasts a little bigger, and helped increase my sex drive. However, it did make me gain weight and get some pretty bad mood swings. I will continue to take this pill to see if these side effects wear off."

Anonymous1123 June 17, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This was the third birth control that I tried, and was pretty close to just not using birth control pills anymore since the last two I tried has such severe side effects. However, this pill has been going quite well for me. I have been taking it for the past 2 weeks, and the only side effects I've noticed are nausea, headaches, a little more tired then usual, slight more acne. I am also getting this weird stomach pain after eating right after taking my pill but that could be from something else. Sex drive is normal, and my mood is the exact same. All in all, I think it's a good pill."

Ms. Sensitive (taken for less than 1 month) June 16, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been on aviane for 4 packs now and at first there was spotting for about the first three weeks. Then I had an increased sex drive, but it quickly returned to normal after about a week. In the past 6 weeks I have been having a problem with cranker sores in my mouth. Im not sure if they are due to the pill but otherwise I think its a good BC pill."

Anonymous June 13, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I took Aviane for about 3 years. I gained very little weight when I began taking it, but quickly dropped the lbs when I started paying attention to how I was eating. I never had any issues with an irregular period or acne, but my main side effect was moodiness. It took me a couple of years to figure out why I'd become this hyperemotional person, but then after much research, realized it was the Aviane. I began to pay attention to my moods and regulate my mood swings, which helped. I've been off the pill for over a year now, but if I had to go back on birth control, I would choose this one again."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 4, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've only been taking aviane for 2 and a half weeks, but so far the only side effect I have had was the first 3 days or so, I had mild to severe headaches the next morning, I take my pills at night. Haven't had an headaches since then, i have noticed an increase in my sex drive, which isn't a bad thing"

Justme573 May 24, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've been on the pill for about 6 months and I've had so severe issues or complaint about this birth control. I am 22 and this was my first birth control taken and prescribed by my gyno. I had no weight gain because I was more conscious of my cravings and I didn't binge upon them. It's always about perception and if you're going to act upon all these desires to eat, clearly you will gain a significant amount of weight. My sex drive remained the same and I'm still very sexually aroused. One obvious side effect that was prevalent would ultimately be my mood swings. I would easily turn super sensitive or get extremely irate if my boyfriend would do something or say something that made me unhappy. Other than that, I highly recommend Aviane."

lsh0103 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 19, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been on this pill for over 10 years. Occasionally I get breakthrough bleeding/spotting but it's not bad- very little and light. It decreases the oilyness of my skin, which is a plus. When I take the inactive row of pills, my periods aren't as heavy and cramps are lighter. I've been taking this straight through to skip my periods for five months, at the advice of my doctor. I get a half day of faint cramping and a little spotting."

geena.j (taken for 10 years or more) May 9, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I made a previous post right after I started Aviane. Now I'm a month in and back to review how things are going. I've been spotting since day 3. I've been trying to live with it in hopes things will get better, but 3+ weeks of this is really wearing on me. My mood has been normal. Nothing out of the ordinary, except some obvious frustrations regarding constant bleeding. Sex drive (which has been an issue on previous pills) is good. I'd say it's the same as without the pill. I've been having more breakouts. A couple huge, painful zits that won't seem to go away. I've never had issues with zits much at all before, but not a huge deal. I may be slightly more bloated and hungry than before I was on the pill, but nothing major."

Andrea6789 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 2, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been on Aviane for 4 years now and only recently went off of it for about 6 months to try the DEPO shot. I have had zero issues with it up until going back ON it after the interm. I am very sensitive to hormones, and the DEPO shot was not for me (crying, mood swings, feeling off). I even was switched to Lutera two years ago when the pharmacy was out of Aviane and I immediately noticed the difference with mood swings, sadness, and vaginal sensitivity). For the first month back on Aviane I didnt notice a huge difference, but this second month I am thinking I am sleeping more, gaining some weight, and feeling off. I am also having extreme bouts of nausea. I am going to discontinue and hope that alleviates some of my symptoms."

The Tattooed Lady (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 20, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've tried many birth control pills, but they all caused severe mood swings and depression. I like the fact that this pill seemed at first to have little to no negative effect on my mood. (I've been on it for 3 years). However, in the past year I began having severe anxiety attacks and was diagnosed with anxiety disorder after I began waking up in the mornings feeling faint and sick to my stomach, laying on the bathroom floor. I constantly feel exhausted and although active, have gained 20 pounds in the past year. I also noticed an increase in my acne the past two years. I think this is because of the birth control. I am switching to the copper iud next week and am so excited because it is hormone free! I hope this helps."

Dolly Mama (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 16, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Within a few days of starting this birth control I became numb, negative thoughts, anxious, extremely irritable and angry, which is all very unlike me. I couldn't think straight. I love my boyfriend and we have our issues but I was ready to freak out on him every second for no good reason, the poor guy could tell I was not the same person. I did NOT feel like myself and it was obvious to him not just me. On top of all that I was always hungry and craving terrible foods, no self control like I had before starting. The one positive thing was it helped control my break outs, but my mental health is more important to me than perfect skin."

AshleyNHansen (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I started taking Aviane 3 days ago. I chose this pill over others due to the fact I read quite a few reviews and articles that said decreases sex drive was NOT a side effect of this pill. Low sex drive and spotting are my number 1 issues when on the pill. Today (day 3) I started spotting. Sex drive is normal, but if I'm going to spot I'm not going to be able to have sex. I do feel like my appetite has been kicked up a notch and I'm bloated. I will come back and update after more time passes."

Andrea6789 (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have always been a size 0 my whole life and weighed 100 pounds, after taking aviane pills I noticed I started eating a lot and gained 20 pounds within less than a year all the weight went to my belly and my neck it was awful and now I'm trying to lose the weight and of course I'm off"

Nitaz (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 4, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I'm 20. After reading such terrible reviews, I was nervous about taking this pill. Quite honestly, it's a good brand. I'm just about to start the 3rd pack. I've encountered no "horrible" side effects! No mood swings, no headaches, etc. Pill actually helped clear my skin. (I've had adult acne) Only effect I felt was very mild nausea. (Sea Bands helped suppress it) Also, light "period". Cramps were little to none. Lasted exactly 7 days, arrived just on time. Helped prevent pregnancy despite the fact I take it over 7 hours late almost every day. Some days I'm on time, other days I'm early then totally late. This is my first time on BC. To say the least, nothing scary about Aviane. It's a chill pill.."

Aviane User (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 3, 2016