User Reviews for Aviane

Aviane Rating Summary

6.0/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 98 medications used in the treatment of Abnormal Uterine Bleeding.

Reviews for Aviane to treat Abnormal Uterine Bleeding

"I was on Falmina for three years, but when Walgreen's bought Rite Aid I was given Aviane, exact same low dose as Falmina but the generic brand. I've never had breakthrough bleeding on Falmina, but with Aviane I bled EVERY DAY of the pack. Also, I've had terrible anxiety and mood changes. Never taking this pill again."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 18, 2018

"I am on BC for abnormal period bleeding. I switched from Lutera to Aviane and now have terrible acne. When I have my off week, everything clears up. Afterwards I'm back to 3 more weeks of painful acne."

lvlivin (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 8, 2018

"I have only been on this pill for a week and I won’t stop bleeding!!! Super anxious , moody, bloated, and hot flashes!! Stay away"

Anonymous January 25, 2018

"I was put on this birth control about four months ago. My skin is dry, itchy. My breast tender. I feel fatigued most days. Let's talk periods. My first period being on this pill was fine - less pain, less bleeding, I thought oh my goodness I'm going to love this pill. Then bam massive blood clots, heavy bleeding now I'm having my period twice in a month about 7 days apart! What!? I'm in my early 40's this is no good for me. I went through a large pack of pads and an entire pack of tampons in two days! Then it appeared my period was black not red but black! I told my husband we have given it 24 hrs before I was going to ER. I'm constantly hungry and thirsty too! I really think this pill really needs to be evaluated again!"

Mrs.GHam January 24, 2018

"I started this pill 2 months ago and the first month went smoothly no issues, however this month is another story. This month I got my period a week before the sugar pills were suppose to start and it wasn't a super light or super heavy until about the 6th of the period when basically all hell broke loose and for the 6-13th day of my period it was full on blood clots as large as the tampons, excessive bleeding, using 10-15 tampons per day, needing to change pad at least twice a night., I was getting lightheaded and weak/tired. Worst experience I've ever had. I went on the pill to fix my irregular bleeding but instead it made it 100x worse than it was before. Do not recommend"

eekk2 January 17, 2018

"Started taking Aviane to regulate my periods. I was basically was having two (8-10 day) heavy periods a month. It was ridiculously and a bit embarrassing telling my husband not yet not yet all the time. So the side effect: nausea, acne acne acne, sex drive sky rocketed, really bad cramps, bloated, anxiety, and depression. I was not pleased by this birth control so I called my Dr. after my first pack and switched me to Blisorvi age 1/20. Everyone’s body responds differently though."

Meg0789 December 13, 2017

"I have been using this medication for about 3 weeks and has been nothing but no stop bleed from the time my period came which normally last for 5 days and now I am on the 14th day of my period and heavy bleeding. I am really considering just stopping the pills altogether to see if my period will go away and also feel low sex drive and irritable."

angiebee (taken for less than 1 month) October 7, 2017

"Great experience so far while on this pill. First thing I noticed was my cramps had dulled down A LOT. When my period started, it was the lightest one I have EVER had! Completely manageable and lasted like 5 days (when my other ones while not on the pill were 6-7 days.) Hasn't lowered my sex drive (in fact it might have upped it now that I think about it), no acne problems, etc. And the great part is I get it for free!"

ThatOneGirlOverThere (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 24, 2015

"I have been having a hell of a time finding the right b.c!! Major mood swings cramps nonstop bleeding no sex drive, but so far i like aviane im on my second month, i am no longer bleeding(first pack i did for awhile but my body had to adjust ) no moodswings normal sex drive,breasts a bit tender and larger (not mad about that) appetite a bit bigger but for me thats good I need the gain weight"

jen5309867 November 5, 2013

"It's only been a month so I can't guarantee any of this is the pill, but I switched over from Yasmin. Since I have started this pill, I have been in a way better mood. I have started losing weight (5lbs so far). My complaints are that I am breaking out! On my face, back and chest. Right before my period started I got sick. I thought I ate something bad but then I got my period the next morning. I was one for very painful and nauseating periods so I hope this is just a first time occurrence because I really don't want to switch pills AGAIN!"

Anonymous September 10, 2012

"Caused severe mood swings and fatigue."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 13, 2012

"I have not even made it a month on this medicine yet so it may be unfair for me to comment so quickly, but I will. I switched to this from Loestrin 24 (which completely stopped my cycle for 6 months). I've been on Aviane for about 2 weeks and I have had no weight gain - but that's the only positive so far. I have had high levels of unexplained anxiety, feel sick often and am having huge unpredictable mood swings. I have had 3 or 4 panic attacks since starting, which I have never experienced before - scary feeling. My doctor has told me to give it a few months to even out. "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2012

"I have been on Aviane for almost three months and I love it. I stared it because I was having weird on and off periods and my doctor suggested I start taking it. The first month I only had minor side effects which where very tender breast and cramping but it regulated my period and that's what I love about it so much! I admit that my breast has grown a cup size but I have not gained any weight or mood swings. The only thing that is persistent is my tender breast but my period is normal and Aviane is great!"

tina93 March 1, 2012

"I'm twenty years old and was prescribed Aviane for my anemia. I was so low in hemoglobin because I had heavy and frequent bleeding (2 heavy periods in a month!) It's only been a month, but so far, ZERO weight gain (I'm a model! I take my body image very seriously), no breakthrough bleeding, no nausea, no breast tenderness and my skin is so much clearer. My period lasted 4 days and was manageable for the first time in my life. I'm hoping that I don't develop side effects later on. I'm very satisfied and I'd like to stay on this product, I don't want to switch!"

Anonymous September 21, 2011

"My doctor put me on Aviane to suppress my periods for terrible PMS and mood swings. I have been taking them now for 4 weeks. Am supposed to be getting my period today and feel GREAT. I have not gained any weight, which I would gain 5 pounds just prior to my period. Besides the very mild cramps nothing unusual. I do not feel any lack of sexual drive but do feel slightly drier than normal. Again, I can deal with all of these symptoms to skip the PMS rollercoaster. So far so GREAT! I am 39, two kids, no more with a history of depression type symptoms."

Kimjnwa90 August 16, 2011

"My doctor prescribed Avaine to me after I was suffering from very severe anemia caused by my ridiculously heavy and painful period. I used to bleed heavily for 10-12 days, meaning I would have to change my pad every 30 minutes or less. This is the first and only birth control pill that I have taken and I am only taking it for anemia (but consider using it for it's original purpose) and it has been a God send. My periods are significantly less painful, lighter, and the side effects are not nearly as awful. I have been taking the pill for about 3 1/2 years now and other than some nausea, spotting, and discomfort for the first couple of months, it's been great. Mood swings occur, but so has breast enlargement. Fair trade in my book."

Jaynie-O. June 23, 2011

"I am on Aviane now and very pleased with it besides the few pounds and easy bloating IT is great! My periods are lighter less painful and come exactly when they are supposed to. It has also worked to skip my period. I am very happy to have found this."

Anonymous August 22, 2010

"I have been on Aviane for about a year and a half for dysmenorrhea, and it's great. I get a bit moody/sad the day or two before my period, but that's the worst of it. It's helped a LOT with cramps. I get by on 2-4 Midol per month now!"

Anonymous March 13, 2010