User Reviews for Plan B One-Step

Learn more about Plan B One-Step.

Plan B One-Step Rating Summary

8.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 17 medications used in the treatment of Emergency Contraception.

Reviews for Plan B One-Step to treat Emergency Contraception

"1) Don't google anything!! 2) If you took it within 24 hours, YOU ARE OKAY. Trust the 95% probability. Even if you took it within 72 hours, you still have an 89% probability. Trust the numbers, they probably aren't as high as they should be due to human error / it's just the company trying to protect it's ass. Don't freak out and don't let this bother you too much!"

Mifjo[pqrjq October 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am feeling sick too my stomach real bad and I am getting so hot. I never feel this way"

Rosieboo October 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I’m writing this review to put your mind at ease . I had unprotected sex on August 27th. It was my first time.Though he did not come inside me, I was worried about pre-cum. I didn’t take the pill until about 27 hours . About a week later I got a “period “, which what I read was mainly due to the pill. I was terrified that I was pregnant and showing symptoms . Google really messes you up. Reviews were worst. I took 2 pregnancy tests and both were negative . Then I was scared because I missed my period . My period is irregular, so it’s even more terrifying. I didn’t get my period till October 12th. So I missed a period.I prayed every day, since taking it . Pray and relax ! I for sure learned my lesson. God listens. Don’t stress, it delays it."

Pray!!!! October 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Not pregnant! Took the pill about 30 mins after he failed to pull out, and made sure to eat some food and drink water with it. I started reading the reviews and was more worried about the side effects than the possible baby. I had a very mild headache for the next two days, then got my period 5 days later, which was two weeks early. It was a rather weird and painful period and now my hormones and period schedule are a bit off but it went much better than I thought it would."

worried myself too much (taken for less than 1 month) September 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Just for you people who do not believe this works or is having second thoughts. I have taken this pill twice. One was back in April and one was last month. The pill worked both times. The first time I took it, My body reacted by having me bleed for about a week before my period and my period was regular. The second time there was no blood and I got my period 2 days earlier than usual. This pill has helped me a lot and now I'm now about to buy another pill and so hopefully it works again ! Wish me luck !"

Ana Newan September 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I wanted to write this to help you, since I know you are stressing (I know I certainly was) Long story short the condom broke and he finished inside of me. We were both terrified and immediately went to the nearest pharmacy. Within 30 minutes of the incident, I took the pill. I spent the next two days on this site reading about other people's experiences and worrying about if I was going to be pregnant or if I was going to have really bad symptoms which I have seen some women have. Thankfully neither were true, I started my period TODAY (yippee!) and I only had a mild cause of nausea the morning after I took the pill. I know it is hard, but try to stay calm because the pill does work, take it from me. I hope this helps, good luck :)"

J <3 September 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Hello all! I told myself I would write a review if all went well and it did. First things first, I've never been on any type of birth control and me and my partner rarely use condoms because they are painful and often give me chronic UTI's for some unknown reason. Had unprotected sex directly smack in my fertile window at its peak and took plan b 6 hours later. He 100 % did inside so for people not even sure if this has happened and trying to just be safe, relax. I just got my period today, just about on time maybe a few days later than usual. No real side effects to report, no nausea or dizziness everyone's different. I rated this a 10 although $50 out of your pocket it is well worth the money. $50>compared to the cost of raising a child!"

Anonymous September 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I used this pill years ago when I was early 20's. Had NO side effects. I'm nervous about taking it now because I had some side effects I had with my old BC of 3 years ago. I had severe nausea. I'm too nervous to take this pill. But I know the longer I wait more my chances are of being pregnant. My Husband and I don't want anymore kids. I'll suck it up and take it."

Qui 85 (taken for less than 1 month) September 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was too drunk to know if I was protected on Aug 26th. I took Plan B August 28th. I had no side effects. I got my period on time. Try to breathe, it will be okay! xo"

Anon12345654321 September 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have taken this before in my life. I can't take regular b.c. pills Because even the lowest dose effects me very badly. I go crazy in short. I don't know many other people that it effects this way. I took Plan B recently the 4th day after an incident (this decreases the effectiveness being this late). I bled lightly for a month and then it stopped 4 a few days and I got my period. It always seems 2 effect me intensely. I'm bloated feel general malaise it increases the freq. of my migraines,I gain ~10lbs I am so tired and on an intense emotional rollercoaster for a mo. to 2 months after. This is similar to how regular birth control effects me. I've never gotten pregnant after using it. SO WORTH ALL THE SIDE EFFECTS. It works and side effects are temporary. Worth it"

Notreadyeither August 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Don't stress it works, maximum effectiveness under 24 hrs, total life saver, it definitely is worth the $50"

Teen093*627387365 August 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had unprotected sex about 28 hours ago. I don't have normal periods so I'm not sure when I ovulate or when my next period will come. But I did run to the store this morning to get the pill and I took it immediately after I bought it which was probably close to about 28 hours after I had unprotected sex. I'm hoping this pill works. I'll be back to update in a few weeks! -Hopeful"

Hopeful! (taken for less than 1 month) August 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Hello everyone so I promised myself if I got my period I would share my experience which I did thank god "

Avila Garcia August 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Hey everyone, I promised if this worked for me I would write a review to ease anyone's mind who I'm sure is thinking the same anxious thoughts I was. I took this pill 48 hours after unprotected sex right in the middle of my fertile window. I ovulated that Sunday just like I was supposed to so I was worried that it didn't work for me in its attempt to delay ovulation. I have used this drug before and I can say it mimics all of those early pregnancy symptoms without a doubt. But do not fear. The pill works a huge percentage of the time and in other ways if ovulation does already occur. But, do not stress because that can delay your period as well. Good luck :)"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"So I was 18 years old at the time with my boyfriend at the time it was last summer and we had sex we used condoms most of times but the one time we decided not he was going to cum but he pulled out but we were scared he had pre cum so he got me plan b. It was the worse side effects It made me so sick and it made my period so heavy it made me dizzy I was bleeding so much and I was so bloated it made my period come early also but I missed my period 2 months after that but I was beyond happy I got my period it worked for me I was beyond lucky it did. It may not work for everyone God has a plan for you Please be careful having sex especially if you are young I learned from my mistake"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"hi ladies! just want to say this pill WORKS! But you really have to take it asap! I took mine about 30 hours after having sex using withdrawal and I got my period right on time. Take some gravol and/or tylenol with it to avoid nausea/headache and remember that although the side effects of the pill are almost exactly the same as pregnancy, you wouldn't be feeling them until at LEAST 2 weeks after sex. DON'T STRESS and try to keep your mind off worrying because that'll delay your period and ESPECIALLY don't do research on google because that will just freak you out even more (trust me I freaked out so much I fainted). I would recommend having this pill in your medicine cabinet in case of an emergency so you have easy and quick access to it. xo"

haaaaaaiiiiiiileeeeeyyy (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I took the emergency contraception about 24 hours after I had intercourse. It didn't work for me, I was pregnant. This was because I had already ovulated and the emergency contraception works by stopping ovulation."

Labebe August 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"So I had unprotected sex on July 2 three days after my period and took the pill like half an hour after, a week later I got breast tenderness and spotting and got my period on July 29 five days late, it was heavy and it wasn't until today August 9 that it stopped. Of course I freaked out cause I'd never experienced anything like that but it don't worry it works"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Hey ladies I wanted to share my story with y'all. I got my period July 4 2017 and then had unprotected sex on July 21 2017 about 12 hours later I took plan b one step. I did not experience any kind of side effects and felt just fine. On August 4th I was expecting to have my period right now time. And didn't so I started worrying. Well yesterday August 6th I started my period only 2 days later. Please don't worry like I did. This pill does work just let it do its thing. It does tell you before you take it you might start your period early, on time ore late. I started mine late and I worried. Don't worry you will be just fine!!!!"

C2012 August 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I took the PlanB within 12 hours of having unprotected sex. I felt some mild nausea and cramping in the days following. This morning I am one week late and took a pregnancy test only to find out that it didn't work."

Stuck_2017 (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Ok so I promised if I got my period I would come back on here cause all of these reviews helped me with my anxiety. Basically, I had sex like 2 days after my period & the condom broke. It would have just been precum, but google FREAKS YOU out don't look! So I took plan b like 15 hours after, about 2 hours later I had bad cramps and a headache that lasted for like 2 days. Other than that nothing major. 5 days later I had a period? It just looked different and didn't feel like one, that lasted for 4 days then just ended. So then I had to wait for my second (actual) period. The week coming up I had a lot of watery discharge and a weird feeling in my ovaries which freaked me out more. But my period CAME! 5 days late though!! YOU'LL BE OK!"

I was freaked August 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Im gonna give my whole story because I know when I was reading these reviews that's all I wanted to hear just to comfort me but in a short version because the limit of words... -Had my period on June 23-26 -Had protected sex but the condom broke and my boyfriend came in me on July 3 which was 5 to 6 days before ovulation -Took the pill 30-45 minutes after the incident -I had severe nausea, dizziness, breast tenderness that hurt to the touch, fatigue and slight cramps for a week and a half -On the second week July 17 I started bleeding brownish at first that turned into a dark red and bleed for 5 days (TMI I know I'm sorry) but the pill works! I started a week before my expected period so don't worry girls you'll be okay!!!"

Scar_23 (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Period began June27-July01. On July02, just after my period ended we had sex. He wore the condom & thought it would be safe to cum inside of me with the condom, unfortunately, it busted. I took the pill roughly around 30-90 minutes after the accident. We continued to have protected sex for another 4 days straight (he didn't cum inside me). 1week (July09) later, I spotted. My breasts & nipples were sore, but I believe it was because of the sex. I became worried when I read about PLAN B not working for those whose BMI is over 25. My BMI is 31, I'm 5'8 & weigh 210lbs. Anyways, my period wasn't late. My cycle lasted 27 days but my flow was heavy. Also I recommend the "Flo"App which helps keep track of your period & gives an idea when ovulation occurs."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Had sex on June 8, took Plan B on June 10. The wait was excruciating. I had all the symptoms it could throw at me (nausea, bloating, cramping, fatigue, constipation & heartburn etc) except for tender breasts. I got my period on July 14 and it lasted a good 5 day cycle. I'm so glad I got it but I still feel sick. Idk if its because my body is not use to it but my stomach just feels all messed up...probably due to the hormones but has anyone else gone through this?"

Dummmyyy (taken for less than 1 month) July 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I read most of the reviews, here is my story. I am older maybe the age of most posters mother. Had sex around 6:00 am, took pill by noon on the same day. This item is behind the pharmacy in my area, make sure you on their website to know which stores sell it in your area. Some said this did not during ovulation, For me, I was on day four of my ovulation week and it worked for me.....I read that some people got sick, or felt nausea, I did not. I took the pill with a full meal. I also did not feel bad in the week after, and my period started one day ahead of schedule..... Maybe cause I am older, I recommended please take right away if you need success ; better to pay 43.00 then have to go through other options."

Sunshine321511 July 21, 2017