User Reviews for Plan B One-Step

Learn more about Plan B One-Step.

Plan B One-Step Rating Summary

8.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 11 medications used in the treatment of Emergency Contraception.

Reviews for Plan B One-Step to treat Emergency Contraception

"To all the ladies reading the reviews and stressing out stop. This pill is very affective but stress will delay your period even more. Mine finally came today 9 days late. And I took the pill on day three after the 'accident'. I just kept stressing and stressing having parsley in tea and taking in lots of vitamin c and cinnamon paranoid. Reading reviews all day. The incident happened like 5 days before my period was supposed to start so this waiting game seemed like forever. My friends kept telling me to relax but I felt like I was going to die being 18 and all with overprotective parents. It was my first time and it didnt happened all the way but my friends told me about precum so I was terrified. Having bad cramps right now and bleedin:D"

mrs.bunney September 22, 2016

"Not sure if this is a side effect from the pill or not but I became lactose intolerant after I took it and it's been 2 weeks"

...765 September 21, 2016

"I took plan b in july26 about 10days after my period and didnt have my period in August. I thought I was pregnant and was very worried but all pregnancy test came out negative. My next period was supposed to be in September 12th but it eventually came in September 18. Just a few days late. That means there was no period for 2months. Anyways plan b worked although it might affect your circle."

AnonymousJ (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2016

"Accident can happen. Condom broke on that day Sep 5th. which was day 12th of my cycle fertile day. I rushed to get plan B as I am not on any birth control pill. I had taken the pill 15-20 mins after sex. I did experience lower stomach cramps but not to painful, dizziness and tiredness at that day. I was expected to have my next period on Sep 22nd for my normal cycle. However I got my period yesterday Sep 18th. 4 days earlier.. I was so happy that Plan B works..."

Anonymous September 19, 2016

"So my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex on a Friday. Saturday morning he wanted to play it safe and get me the Plan B pill. Sunday morning we kind of did it again. Does the Plan B protect it again? If that make sense"

CeCe13 September 17, 2016

"Hello all, this page has been such a great help in making me feel less stresssd, morecomfortable and not alone with this situation. My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex on 9/3 (pre cum scare, no ejacul.) and 7 hours later, I took Plan B. I had to wait 3 weeks until my period started 9/19. On the next day (9/4-9/10) had diarrhea, extreme back pain, stomach aches, acne forming on back, extreme nausea and breast tenderness. Next on 9/13-9/15 I experienced fatigue, depression, and discharge. Today it is 9/16 and I took a pregnancy test 3 days sooner (sooner you take the better results) and did morning urine which has more of the pregnancy hormone in it, and I AM NOT PREGNANT! YES! Plan to take it a day before to make sure. Thank you all!"

JET-7727 (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2016

"So, like a lot of people, I made a mistake and then ended up reading through these reviews hoping for some sort of reassurance. After deciding to take the pill I promised myself if it worked I would write a review (which I never do). After taking the pill I had no side effects at all. Maybe my face broke out a little bit? But anyways, I'm not pregant and that's what matters. The pill works. Everything's going to be okay."

idkwhattomakemynickname September 11, 2016

"My fiancee came in me during the middle of my ovulation period and we ran to Walgreens 3 hrs later and bought the Plan B pill. Took it, ran some errands. Thought nothing of it (unfortunately, I've used it before following a busted condom), three weeks later notice my super tender breasts and no period. I assumed maybe an irregular period or maybe stress (more like in complete denial) In November found out we were expecting. He says she was Plan A."

Plan A (taken for less than 1 month) September 8, 2016

"So I lost my virgintiy to my boyfriend about 3 months ago. I was freaking out bc when we had sex the first time, we were drunk and of course unprepared. I was not (and still aren't) on birth control and we did not use any protection. I immediately got the plan b pill and put all of my faith in it. We had similar incidents two more times after the first and so far (knock on wood) plan b has not let us down. I recently took another plan b pill 2 days ago. I am supposed to start my period next Tuesday, and it's too early to take a pregnancy test. So hopefully plan b does its job like it has the past 3 time! Wish me luck and keep me in your prayers please! This pill is awesome but I freak out every single time. I would recommend plan b! 10/10:)"

Anonymous September 7, 2016

"So my bf and i had sex, he had a vasectomy 6 months ago but im still skeptical that he wont be able to impregnate me. Had sex, he came inside me, i was hysterical, took the pill 21 hours later (coz he was convincing me that he was sterile) well, i better not take chances, so i got and toook the pill. Been feeling the symptoms of nauseous, swollen breast, bloated, back sore...hopefully this pill works"

Alexandriaegypt September 4, 2016

"so I took this pill July 24th of this year and I was worried. I took it within 12 hours of intercourse and did everything right. I was supposed to get my next period August 15th and it never happened. I was extremely worried and stressing out. The side effects do say that it will be late or early. After a week of a missed period I took pregnancy tests. They came back negative but that didn't satisfy me. I read through the reviews and it calmed my nerves. Today I got my period. September first. Don't worry ladies. Plan B will work!"

Ashley343 (taken for less than 1 month) September 1, 2016

"I seen a couple post saying how it is not fair that you are reading reviews and it did not work for you even after taking two, I am not saying this pill does not work I sure hope it does but after reading these reviews and the way they are written it seems like most of these reviews are fake for a few reasons, I'm sure it does work for some situations and not others but I wouldn't depend on this pill working as well as the reviews says that it does"

Anonymous August 31, 2016

"I promised myself I would write a review after this whole ordeal was over so, here it goes. I had unprotected sex on day 12 of my cycle. Upon realizing this, I rushed to the pharmacy to purchase Plan B as I am not on any birth control. I didn't experience any side effects until day four when the extreme nausea, sore breasts and cramping began. Ten days after taking the pill, I had what may or may not have been an extremely light period that lasted about a week. I still was experiencing all of the side effects, and at this point I was certain the bleeding was from implantation. I also developed extreme mood swings, and was convinced I was pregnant even though I had multiple negative pregnancy tests. Bottom line, it worked but made me insane!"

Scaredbutnotpreggers August 31, 2016

"My boyfriend and I purchased Plan B in need of a emergency contraception. I had no side effects at all. Everything went smooth. I recommend this to anyone in an emergency fast need!"

Kaity-bug (taken for less than 1 month) August 24, 2016

"The condom ripped on Aug 16th but he did not finish inside of me. The chance of getting pregnant from pre-cum is much less than the chance of getting pregnant from semen, but it still might be possible, so to be safe I got plan b one step. My period tracker had estimated I was to ovulate the 17th. I had taken the pill 16 hours after sex. I did experience nausea, lower stomach pain, dizziness and tiredness but it was nothing too extreme. I was expected to get my period Aug 31st and I got my period yesterday, Aug 22nd! A week early! My cramps are worse than usual but nothing I can't hadle! Better than being 16 and pregnant! Take the pill ASAP and let it do its thing. DONT stress girls. Be positive and keep yourself busy!!(:"

TeenGirl (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2016

"My bf and I had unprotected sex on the 9th day of my cycle. He pulled out before he could come, but to be safe and sure I decided to take Plan B. I was able to take it 62 hrs after the incident (more than 2 days). I was worried because I waited for a long time but still it was within the 72 hr time range. Nothing much happened after I took it, I wondered if it worked. Just some tolerable cramps within the days that followed. My next period was scheduled to arrive Aug 21 and I was worried if it will come or not. Thank goodnesss, my period came 2 days earlier (Aug 19th ). I was never so happy to have my period in my life."

FreakedoutGal August 21, 2016

"So I promised myself if this works, I have to write a review to put someone out of their worrying misery because believe me I WAS SCARED FOR 2 WEEKS STRAIGHT. So I had sex with my s/o on August 1st, with no condom or form of birth control (yes I know dumb but hey I'm human ya know) and he came in me, completely. On this day, my period tracker app said I was fertile so this was completely worst case scenario to me. I took the plan b 3 hours after the incident, but boy let me tell you! I was nauseous for the whole week! In my head I was like "yup, I'm done for. I'm pregnant." Fast forward to August 17th, I got my period a day early and it is HEAVY and PAINFUL. Plan b works. RELAX PLEASE!"

Listenplease August 18, 2016

"If you are prone to acne, get ready to have the worst acne ever. My bf convinced me to take it in case after he didn't pull out in time. I was 2 days after ovulation. The likelihood of getting pregnant were slim. Really wish I went with my gut to not take this pill. My skin and my self esteem are a mess."

DJTh1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 17, 2016

"My boyfriend and I have been using the pull out method for years now. I've taken plan b before and always received and immediate period and symptoms within 1 week. Well, on 7/30 we had sex and he actually came in me. I took a plan b the very next morning and basically was having early preggo symptoms for about 2 weeks. I was so scared because I had never had symptoms last that long or had to wait that long before I knew the pill worked. I took a home pregnancy test about a week after taking the pill and it came out negative but I figured it was too early to tell. I got my period on 8/15 about two weeks after taking the pill and I've never been so happy to see blood in my life. Don't freak out about he symptoms you get, the pill works."

Mani100 August 17, 2016

"Got carried away with husband. Took pill. God super sick. Sore breasts Nausea As the week continued... Added a few more symptoms. Diarrhea Cramps Hot and cold feelings Vomiting Almost fainted About 2 weeks after started feeling a little better. Then had the worst period of my life. Felt like I was dying. So much blood. Terrible cramps. Vomiting for a whole night. Could barely eat for two days. But I think it worked. Haven't taken a test to see but I assume since I had my period it means it worked. So... It works. And we had sex on day 14 my most fertile day - took it 5 hours after. But... The most terrible and sickest I have ever been for 2 weeks and worst period ever. And I was continually bloated."

sillygirl23456 August 12, 2016

"Me and my fiance were out drinking one night and the sex got a little crazy. I pulled out a little to late and I told her what I had done. So we showered and then immediately went to our 24hr Walgreens and purchased the pill like 30 minutes after the incident. She took it ASAP. It six weeks later and guess what? She's pregnant! This pill is such a waste of money."

MemphisMP August 12, 2016

"Had a condom accident on July 29th during a very fertile time for me, and I took the pill 2 hours later. I was SO STRESSED for 2 weeks thinking of this pill not working, but it did. Got my period today, 3 days earlier than normally expected. This pill made me extremely tired and gave me very sore breasts for a couple of days, but it overall worked! So please please please to anyone reading this, RELAX. It will all be okay!"

Anonymous August 12, 2016

"So I took the pill about 17 hours after unprotected sex on July 24. I felt dizziness definite moodiness and was nauseous. My cramping went on a week before my period off and on and I had spotting the first couple days before my period. I spent nights crying, worried and not ready to be a parent especially at the age of 18. I think speaking for anyone who's had the stress of this pill has learned their lesson of having unprotected sex. My period tracker said my period wouldn't start until August 13th and here I am waking up this morning (August 10) and using the restroom and seeing my period. I have never been so happy! I cried (from joy) and I'm having period cramps as we speak and I couldn't be happier!! Bring on the cramps! Lol"

Anonymous August 10, 2016

"Condom broke 7/25, not sure if I was ovulating or not. took a pill a hour and a half after the incident, took another pill 12 hours after the incident. I felt nauseous, headaches, cramps, extremely sore boobs for almost 2 weeks, exhausted and moodiness and I also got a yeast infection. 8/8 Yesterday marked 2 weeks since the incident happened and the pregnancy test came out negative. About 2 hours later I started my period which is a lot heavier than normal but im not pregnant and the pill did its job."

Not pregnant August 9, 2016

"I had unprotected sex with my husband, and I took plan b twice within 72 hours because I was not ready to have a baby. I ended up getting pregnant anyway. But I'd like to say my son is one of the best things that has ever happened to me and 6 months after having him we tried for another one and ended up getting two!"

The fact I August 8, 2016