User Reviews for Plan B One-Step

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Plan B One-Step.

Plan B One-Step Rating Summary

8.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 17 medications used in the treatment of Emergency Contraception.

Reviews for Plan B One-Step to treat Emergency Contraception

"I took the plan b one step 9 hours after unprotected sex and still got pregnant. We only had unprotected sex once and we got the pill as a precaution. I now have a beautiful 4 year old."

Amb21 (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2018

"THE PILL DOES WORK!!!!!! I had unprotected sex on the 17th of December, less than 45 mins after I took the pill. I was stressed out, I was praying & on the 29th my period came. 2 weeks early!!!! So try not to stress out and trust the pill. It does throw off your cycle, and your hormones and the side effects last a little longer. But it’s honestly worth it."

NikkiRo January 1, 2018

"This medicine WORKS. I was super stressed out and didn’t know if my period will come or not and it came on time. Trust the medicine. And don’t stress about it"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 26, 2017

"Okay, so I know you’re stressed right now and that’s normal. I’m here to tell you that it does indeed work. I had unprotected sex with a friend and he came inside of me. I took the pill 10 hours later and my period came a week earlier than usual. So don’t stress about it. Just let it work on it’s own."

Anonymous December 26, 2017

"My ex and I used to be together for 5 years and never used a condom. 5 months after our breakup we decided to have sex on, Dec 19. This time he did not pull out in time. Took the pill within 72 hours and never spoke to him again."

Hopeless Romantic December 24, 2017

"So Oct 31 there was an incident but not crazy one I was still nervous about precum even if he was literally in there for a few seconds I remembered I missed some bc pills a few days before but I’ve always doubled up like you’re supposed to. Being the first time in that situation (lol Virgin probs) I did not know if the pills worked like they were supposed to I was freaking out so 11 hours later I went to buy plan b and took it. I am 19 so being in that situation I do not want kids so this pill ruined my body for a month the side effects last way longer than stated lol when I took it I was fine but I got super sleepy but I got my period when I was supposed to it was heavier took 3 tests all negative and my next period was normal too so it worked"

I’mtakingmybcpillseverydaynow December 23, 2017

"So this is going to be a TMI ,I had sex last week on a Monday it’s was at night and long story short the condom completely broke I’m saying it just went straight through, we didn’t notice until after and by then he had finished ,and my periods are very abnormal, so I get them every other month and I’m only 20 I’m not ready for kids and this has never happened to me. I’m always using protection - always - that’s a must! But basically we rushed and got a plan b I’m saying within that first 15 min I had already taken the pill, of course me being me I’m on google getting nervous and worried because I was scared, but I got my period Dec.16 and this happened the week before on a Monday it works just try not to stress let the pill take its course ok , ❤️"

Free_sanat December 17, 2017

"I took plan b 20 minutes after the condom broke but it didn't work for me , I now have a 2 year old. Dec 8 2017 I took plan b again, a week later I have I think what is called a light period, my period comes on the 18th so the light brown blood happened a few days early from my period. Not sure if that was my period or the withdrawal from the increase in hormones. I guess I have to keep on waiting and see if I have a normal period."

Olive99 December 16, 2017

"I finished my period on Oct. 30 and I had protected sex on Nov.4 but the condom broke so I took plan b pill an hour later. On Nov.9, A week after taking plan b, I had bleeding for 3 days. My period was suppose to come Nov.26 and it never came, I was so worried and started looking for answers on google (worst thing to do). I was having a lot of white/transparent discharges and I would experienced some cramps here and there which would make me think I would have my period. I finally had my period Dec.9 a month after taking plan b."

Noraaa December 10, 2017

"I took this pill 12 hours after sex which was during my ovulation window, this pill did not work for me I am pregnant"

Anonymous December 1, 2017

"Two weeks ago my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex and didn’t pull out in time, our first thoughts were to run to the store and buy the pill. About an hour after sex, I took the pill. I didn’t really have any side effects, besides some headaches but that was it. We were so worried- and if you’re worried too, don’t be! Plan B works! I just got my period today- three days early!! The pill works and I will definitely use it again if another incident happens!"

leahlove123456 November 29, 2017

"short story, "the mistake" was Oct 24, 3 days after my period ends, took plan b same day 3 hours after "the mistake", side effects no too much, only a few cramps or like ovulating pain, after 5 days of taking plan b start spotting and later a heavy bleeding for 4 days. My next period suppose to come Nov 16-17, NOTHING... I start freaking out! Nov 18 start feeling like a little cramps but still nothing...the whole week I was crying and freaking out, praying to get my period, all week with cramps but still no signal of my period, internet freak me out more!!! My mind was playing me games feeling things like I was pregnant. I prayed so much! finally today Nov 24 one month later that I took plan b, I just get my period! Thank God! The pill work"

deadinside (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 24, 2017

"We only realised condom broke after we finished. It was day 13 of my 30 days cycle. I took Norlevo 3 hours theafter. Felt dizzy, sick and extremely tired that day. In one week pinkish-brownish spotting started which lasted 3 weeks. It stopped eventually for another month or so. Then my normal period finally started. The pill works but it takes some time for the body to get through it. I had most of side effects: bloating, mood swings, tummy cramps, I even put on weight! But not pregnant so can't complain. Take care!"

LuckyKire November 20, 2017

"My boyfriend and I were having protected sex yesterday around 6:00pm, but after he pulled out we realized the condom broke. We are only 18 and he doesn't drive so his mom picked up the pill for me. I took it around 8:00 pm but I'm really scared it isn't going to work. I don't know what to do and we are both freaking out."

Amandap0327 November 7, 2017

" It worked! Despite the condom coming off while he was ejaculating during my ovulation window I am not pregnant. Plan b does work but it made my period 3 days late, so if you are late try not to worry."

Anonymous October 31, 2017

"I'm scared...I'm 34 started period on third of October had sex on October 20.. It was protected and he did pull out before ejaculate. I took plan b within 72 hours. It is now the 26 and I have faint pink on toilet paper."

januaryleigh123 October 27, 2017

"I told myself I would post in here once I got my period and I did! On Oct. 13th I had sex at around 3am and the condom kept slipping off. I’m not currently on the pill and had gotten off of my period on the 10th. I also come from a family that gets pregnant VERY easily so I was scared. I took Plan B around 11am and drank water and ate a granola bar after. I didn’t experience any of the typical side effects after taking Plan B. I experience ovulation pain so I know when I’m ovulating. I was set to ovulate on the 16th and felt a few cramps throughout the day and the day following which scared me. On the 19th I began to notice some spotting which eventually lead to my period on the 20th, 2 weeks early. Don’t freak yourself out, Plan B works!"

liz249 (taken for less than 1 month) October 20, 2017

"1) Don't google anything!! 2) If you took it within 24 hours, YOU ARE OKAY. Trust the 95% probability. Even if you took it within 72 hours, you still have an 89% probability. Trust the numbers, they probably aren't as high as they should be due to human error / it's just the company trying to protect it's ass. Don't freak out and don't let this bother you too much!"

Mifjo[pqrjq October 19, 2017

"I am feeling sick too my stomach real bad and I am getting so hot. I never feel this way"

Rosieboo October 17, 2017

"I’m writing this review to put your mind at ease . I had unprotected sex on August 27th. It was my first time.Though he did not come inside me, I was worried about pre-cum. I didn’t take the pill until about 27 hours . About a week later I got a “period “, which what I read was mainly due to the pill. I was terrified that I was pregnant and showing symptoms . Google really messes you up. Reviews were worst. I took 2 pregnancy tests and both were negative . Then I was scared because I missed my period . My period is irregular, so it’s even more terrifying. I didn’t get my period till October 12th. So I missed a period.I prayed every day, since taking it . Pray and relax ! I for sure learned my lesson. God listens. Don’t stress, it delays it."

Pray!!!! October 15, 2017

"Not pregnant! Took the pill about 30 mins after he failed to pull out, and made sure to eat some food and drink water with it. I started reading the reviews and was more worried about the side effects than the possible baby. I had a very mild headache for the next two days, then got my period 5 days later, which was two weeks early. It was a rather weird and painful period and now my hormones and period schedule are a bit off but it went much better than I thought it would."

worried myself too much (taken for less than 1 month) September 29, 2017

"Just for you people who do not believe this works or is having second thoughts. I have taken this pill twice. One was back in April and one was last month. The pill worked both times. The first time I took it, My body reacted by having me bleed for about a week before my period and my period was regular. The second time there was no blood and I got my period 2 days earlier than usual. This pill has helped me a lot and now I'm now about to buy another pill and so hopefully it works again ! Wish me luck !"

Ana Newan September 26, 2017

"I wanted to write this to help you, since I know you are stressing (I know I certainly was) Long story short the condom broke and he finished inside of me. We were both terrified and immediately went to the nearest pharmacy. Within 30 minutes of the incident, I took the pill. I spent the next two days on this site reading about other people's experiences and worrying about if I was going to be pregnant or if I was going to have really bad symptoms which I have seen some women have. Thankfully neither were true, I started my period TODAY (yippee!) and I only had a mild cause of nausea the morning after I took the pill. I know it is hard, but try to stay calm because the pill does work, take it from me. I hope this helps, good luck :)"

J <3 September 23, 2017

"Hello all! I told myself I would write a review if all went well and it did. First things first, I've never been on any type of birth control and me and my partner rarely use condoms because they are painful and often give me chronic UTI's for some unknown reason. Had unprotected sex directly smack in my fertile window at its peak and took plan b 6 hours later. He 100 % did inside so for people not even sure if this has happened and trying to just be safe, relax. I just got my period today, just about on time maybe a few days later than usual. No real side effects to report, no nausea or dizziness everyone's different. I rated this a 10 although $50 out of your pocket it is well worth the money. $50>compared to the cost of raising a child!"

Anonymous September 16, 2017

"I used this pill years ago when I was early 20's. Had NO side effects. I'm nervous about taking it now because I had some side effects I had with my old BC of 3 years ago. I had severe nausea. I'm too nervous to take this pill. But I know the longer I wait more my chances are of being pregnant. My Husband and I don't want anymore kids. I'll suck it up and take it."

Qui 85 (taken for less than 1 month) September 14, 2017