User Reviews for Plan B One-Step

Plan B One-Step Rating Summary

8.7/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 18 medications used in the treatment of Emergency Contraception.

Reviews for Plan B One-Step to treat Emergency Contraception

"Ladies, don’t panic. Take a deep breath and let the pill do its magic!!!!! Me and my boyfriend had sex a few days after my period ended and the condom broke. I was in my ovulation days and I was so worried. I took plan B 30 mins after it happened and I got my period 2-3 days early!!!!!! fter a week of taking it I had heavy bleeding for about 3 days. it works. trust it!!!!!"

Anonymous April 6, 2018

"Plan B works!!!! 3 weeks ago my boyfriend came inside of me either the day I was ovulating or the day after bc the condom broke, so I took plan b within the hour. The worst part was the wait, and I tried to take Vitamin C to induce my period but that didn’t work so I was sure I was pregnant lol. Then I basically worried myself to death everyday thinking I had the symptoms of pregnancy (stop googling things!! It’s better that way!!) and then finally my period came one day late. The only side effect I had was tender breasts. The worrying is the worst part, but try to stay calm!!! It will work!! that’s what it’s made for!!! You will be ok!!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2018

"Me and my boyfriend had sex on Saturday March 10th around 5am, the condom broke and I believe he finished inside me because when he pulled out I felt everything come out of me. I took Plan b one-step on Sunday March 11th at around 8pm. I was very sure that the pill wasn’t gonna work for me because they say you have to be at least 175 lbs or less, but I’m 277 lbs which is way over the limit. I experienced no side effects, I felt fine. About a week and 3 days later I was having some brown discharge, then the very next day I got my period. My period came exactly on time. So there is hope for us big girls! Don’t freak out just pray and trust the pill. This was a very long and hard time for me and my boyfriend but everything went just fine. Stop Googling because I PROMISE you it’s just going to make things worse. Good luck to all you ladies."

East23 (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2018

"This pill works, but don’t use it too many times. Ended up having unprotected sex 1 week after my period, right away I took the Plan B like an hour after getting it from the store. Had a few side effect, like cramping and moody. Ended up getting a very light spotting a week after taking the pill for a total of 3 days. Then it ended up really messing up my cycle. Was stressing because I had not gotten my period for just about 3 months down the road, along with not being sexually active and assuming I could be pregnant, even though I had taken the plan B and didn’t have a full period because of it. My period was very light but longer than usual, as this was my 3rd time using this plan B pill. Highly recommend the plan B, though only for emergencies, as it can mess up your body’s cycle."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 24, 2018

"I had unprotected sex on Feb. 22nd about a week after I had my period. He pulled out in time but I was still worried about pre-cum so I went and bought the pill the next day and took it about 18 hours after sex. For the whole rest of the month after I took I was incredibly paranoid that I was pregnant and reading some of the reviews scared me. I finally got my period March 17th which is two days later than I would normally get it. I did have a lot of the side effects that came with the pill and it made my period heavier than normal but it wasn't anything too bad. Don't stress. This pill works."

Dawn March 20, 2018

"Had the condom break during sex and he finished inside before we knew it had broken. This was during my fertile window and I just got off birth control and we already have one kid so we couldn’t afford another quite yet. Ran to the store IMMEDIATELY and bought plan b and took the pill within an HOUR after the mishap. After a week I started taking pregnancy tests, four altogether, and each one came up negative or not pregnant (took clear blue and first response) with the last test being yesterday which was a straight up negative and finally today I got my period so it is true the sooner you take the pill the more effective because otherwise if I had waited a little bit I’m sure I'd be pregnant right now so do not wait! Now I’m setting up an appointment with my OB and getting back on birth control tho because that was all very stressful to deal with and also plan b is not a replacement for birth control and this was my first and only time I'll use this method ever again!"

girl20 (taken for less than 1 month) March 7, 2018

"So my last period was Jan 18-23rd , I messed up on February 2nd so quickly took plan b like 15 mins later . I realized that I had like 3 weeks to my next period I was just like you looking up pregnancy symptoms vs plan b symptoms, how effective it is , reading reviews but it honestly brings MORE stress I promise ! The only side effect I had was tender breasts on the second week . The first week I was a mess , crying etc because I'm not ready to be a Mum but my period came today Feb 17th right on time ! I couldn't be more happy ! Thank you ! Best wishes for you guys ! It works."

ana:/) February 17, 2018

"I have taken other brands of emergency contraceptive (EC), which all contain the same amount Levonorgestrel. Given that fact, you'd think the results and side-effects would be the same, but they are NOT. I experienced less side effects from Plan B than I did with the cheaper EC brands, such as the Walgreens brand (severe irritation, cramps) and Aftera (bad reviews from most with complaints of leg cramps). The sooner you take, the more effective it is, so don't wait. It's possible your insurance covers it, but we didn't try that since it was after hours. Why do they result in different side effects? Well, maybe the Levonorgestrel differs in purity, quality or it comes from a different source. Because it's synthetic, it could be molecularly different, but still be the same medicine."

Gemini3813 January 30, 2018

"I forgot to take my birth control for a couple days, the condom broke and my boyfriend finished in me. I took the pill 10 hours later, and had to wait 4 weeks to get my period. I had both white and brown discharge at times which freaked me out cuz I read online that it meant pregnancy. Got my period today, couldn't be happier! Stop googling things and worrying, the pill works. I know a million girls who have taken it, and it has worked for every single one every single time. Trust me-- you are FINE. It wouldn't be FDA approved if it didn't work like they say it does!!!!"

Anonymous January 26, 2018

"IT WORKS!! To those of you who are worried sick, don’t worry!!! Plan b is meant to work. Tip: TAKE THE PILL AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, plz! Best if within 12 hrs. (Another option: look into iud as emergency contraceptive :D) I took the pill this month (January) on the 11th!! And I just got my period. One week early!!! The first time I took the pill, I didn’t feel any of the side effects, just fatigue. Second time, I felt naseuous and had a few headaches. My breast hurt a bit. But then 5 days after taking the second pill, I got my period!! My period is usually heavy but this time it’s light. But neverthelsss I am happy! I HOPE ALL OF YOU SUCCESS WITH PLAN B. It will work. Stay positive!"

Annercd January 24, 2018

"I took it hours after an accident and I’m now pregnant a week after the accident. Thanks plan b."

Mom of soon to be 4. (taken for less than 1 month) January 24, 2018

"Here’s my story about using plan b I lost my virginity to my boyfriend last Monday so the condom had slipped off, trust me I was freaking out so the next morning I went to pick up the pill and took it with some water at first I wasn’t feeling any side effects until Sunday I started spotting the same day, had few cramps then Monday I started to have a heavy flow hopefully it’s my period I through it was implantation bleeding but I had clots in my blood so it’s my period. This pill works you may have back pain, I had back pain but it’s different for other women. Stress can cause a delay in your period let the pill do it’s job and please stay off google because trust me I freaked myself out"

J hope January 23, 2018

"Me and my bf had sex Dec 20th and he came inside of me . I took a pill 3 hours later and my expected period was January 9. I had light spotting a couple weeks after it happened. It is now the Jan 22 and my period is still not here, I also took 2 test , they came back negative. Don’t know what to think"

Ononymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 23, 2018

"Anybody here freaking out I can absolutely put your mind at ease. My ex boyfriend used to be a little pushy about unprotected sex once and a while and always got the pill for me afterwards. I have taken this product probably about 5 times and every time it works. It has some side effects like light bleeding, cramping, and may delay your actual period but don't stress!! It works."

Tsuki Ryu (taken for less than 1 month) January 17, 2018

"I took the plan b one step 9 hours after unprotected sex and still got pregnant. We only had unprotected sex once and we got the pill as a precaution. I now have a beautiful 4 year old."

Amb21 (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2018

"THE PILL DOES WORK!!!!!! I had unprotected sex on the 17th of December, less than 45 mins after I took the pill. I was stressed out, I was praying & on the 29th my period came. 2 weeks early!!!! So try not to stress out and trust the pill. It does throw off your cycle, and your hormones and the side effects last a little longer. But it’s honestly worth it."

NikkiRo January 1, 2018

"This medicine WORKS. I was super stressed out and didn’t know if my period will come or not and it came on time. Trust the medicine. And don’t stress about it"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 26, 2017

"Okay, so I know you’re stressed right now and that’s normal. I’m here to tell you that it does indeed work. I had unprotected sex with a friend and he came inside of me. I took the pill 10 hours later and my period came a week earlier than usual. So don’t stress about it. Just let it work on it’s own."

Anonymous December 26, 2017

"My ex and I used to be together for 5 years and never used a condom. 5 months after our breakup we decided to have sex on, Dec 19. This time he did not pull out in time. Took the pill within 72 hours and never spoke to him again."

Hopeless Romantic December 24, 2017

"So Oct 31 there was an incident but not crazy one I was still nervous about precum even if he was literally in there for a few seconds I remembered I missed some bc pills a few days before but I’ve always doubled up like you’re supposed to. Being the first time in that situation (lol Virgin probs) I did not know if the pills worked like they were supposed to I was freaking out so 11 hours later I went to buy plan b and took it. I am 19 so being in that situation I do not want kids so this pill ruined my body for a month the side effects last way longer than stated lol when I took it I was fine but I got super sleepy but I got my period when I was supposed to it was heavier took 3 tests all negative and my next period was normal too so it worked"

I’mtakingmybcpillseverydaynow December 23, 2017

"So this is going to be a TMI ,I had sex last week on a Monday it’s was at night and long story short the condom completely broke I’m saying it just went straight through, we didn’t notice until after and by then he had finished ,and my periods are very abnormal, so I get them every other month and I’m only 20 I’m not ready for kids and this has never happened to me. I’m always using protection - always - that’s a must! But basically we rushed and got a plan b I’m saying within that first 15 min I had already taken the pill, of course me being me I’m on google getting nervous and worried because I was scared, but I got my period Dec.16 and this happened the week before on a Monday it works just try not to stress let the pill take its course ok , ❤️"

Free_sanat December 17, 2017

"I took plan b 20 minutes after the condom broke but it didn't work for me , I now have a 2 year old. Dec 8 2017 I took plan b again, a week later I have I think what is called a light period, my period comes on the 18th so the light brown blood happened a few days early from my period. Not sure if that was my period or the withdrawal from the increase in hormones. I guess I have to keep on waiting and see if I have a normal period."

Olive99 December 16, 2017

"I finished my period on Oct. 30 and I had protected sex on Nov.4 but the condom broke so I took plan b pill an hour later. On Nov.9, A week after taking plan b, I had bleeding for 3 days. My period was suppose to come Nov.26 and it never came, I was so worried and started looking for answers on google (worst thing to do). I was having a lot of white/transparent discharges and I would experienced some cramps here and there which would make me think I would have my period. I finally had my period Dec.9 a month after taking plan b."

Noraaa December 10, 2017

"I took this pill 12 hours after sex which was during my ovulation window, this pill did not work for me I am pregnant"

Anonymous December 1, 2017

"Two weeks ago my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex and didn’t pull out in time, our first thoughts were to run to the store and buy the pill. About an hour after sex, I took the pill. I didn’t really have any side effects, besides some headaches but that was it. We were so worried- and if you’re worried too, don’t be! Plan B works! I just got my period today- three days early!! The pill works and I will definitely use it again if another incident happens!"

leahlove123456 November 29, 2017