User Reviews for Plan B One-Step

Learn more about Plan B One-Step.

Plan B One-Step Rating Summary

8.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 11 medications used in the treatment of Emergency Contraception.

Reviews for Plan B One-Step to treat Emergency Contraception

"My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex June 18, and I took the pill within 24 hours. Within the first week of taking the pill, I experienced five days of heavy spotting, which further delayed my period to today, July 25. I experienced light stomach cramping and heavy white discharge that occurred on and off. Along with this pill I ingested lots of vitamin C, cinnamon, and parsley to help ease my mind, but nothing has ever terrified me so much, so I hope this will help someone else out there. I thank God for this pill. Good luck."

(⌒▽⌒) (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 26, 2016

"Okay, So if your on here freaking out like I was.... stop. Seriously! Okay so me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex while I was fertile, he did pull out but pre cum is just as effective. So I freaked out, and bought plan b one step and took it 21 hours later. I felt nothing. No spotting, just my boobs were sore and I was tired and moody. I was expected to ovulate around that time too so that just made it worse, since it's less effective if you take it after ovulation. So soon enough I got my period the day before I was supposed to get it! My cramps are worse than usual, but it's better than being 18 and pregnant. Learn from this experience! But chances are your fine, so relax and go order some dominos cause plan b will do its job"

Kaylayac (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2016

"Plan b worked I'm not pregnant. My period came a week early but hasn't stopped yet. I'm on day 22 of my period, although it's light it won't quit. Also experienced bloating, cramps, and breast soreness. Took the pill within an hour of the initial accident."

prolongedperiodugh (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2016

"The condom broke on July 4th and we didn't realize it broke till after he finnished inside of me. I'm not on BC so we immediately went to the store to buy plan b one step and I took it within the hour of it happening. I did some research and I was in the time of ovulating. This made me really nervous that it could increase my chances of getting pregnant, but I knew that all I could do was wait and see what happens. Symptoms I experienced were tiredness, moodiness, bloating and very sensitive and sore breasts. Today I'm happy to say I GOT MY PERIOD!!! It was only 1 day late. I'm so relieved!!! My advice is don't wait, take the pill ASAP and let it do its work. DONT STRESS or think about it too much. Be positive & keep yourself busy."

Wfjbdffff July 21, 2016

"It's not fair reading all of these reviews saying that they were when I took two with my last pregnancy and I just found out I'm pregnant again and my baby is only 8 months old. I took the pill literally 10 hours after unprotected sex and I still end up pregnant. Why???"

Not fair.. (taken for less than 1 month) July 20, 2016

"So I never write reviews but if you're on this page then I'm sure you're scared, as I was. And reading reviews eased my mind, so I'm trying to ease someone else's. The condom broke and we didn't realize until after we had sex, meaning he ejaculated completely inside of me. This happened on day 12 of my 28 day cycle, meaning I was pretty fertile at that point. We rushed to get Plan B and I took the pill an hour later. The only side effect from the pill was That I was nauseous. Thankfully my period came, it was two days early. I'm very glad this pill worked."

Anonymous July 18, 2016

"I promised myself that if this pill worked, I would share my experience because reading your reviews helped me a lot. I'm only 17 and last week, I had my first time and the condom broke and he came inside me. 15 minutes later we were rushing to buy Plan B One Step and I took it quickly. The only side effect I had was diarrhea. I was very scared because after taking the pill, we had unprotected sex (I know, that was stupid). I waited 2 LONG WEEKS haha. My period was delayed for two days, and today I got up reading these reviews and thinking that today I would buy the pregnancy test. I got out of bed and went to the bathroom and I saw my period. This pill works by girls. I'm SO HAPPY, relax yourselves, don't think about it! THE PILL WORKS!"

Notscaredanymore July 18, 2016

"This product worked great for me. During sex my bf came inside me. I was panicking. I went and purchased the pill shortly after. My period came within my scheduled timeframe. My breasts are a little sore but other than nothing major."

Jk457 July 18, 2016

"I was just like you girls, reading these reviews, terrified that plan B had failed. THIS DRUG WORKS!!! Had sex with my boyfriend June 18th, at around midnight-1am. The condom broke and we got plan b 6 hours after. My only initial side effect was nausea. I have a really irregular cycle(sometimes I have a 29 day cycle, sometimes 38) and I had no idea if this pill would make my period come early or late. My period came a MONTH later on full force. But I had side effects from the pill in between that time- tender breasts, mood swings, sore nipples, dizziness, etc. I was on day 45 of my cycle when I noticed brown discharge, then it got heavier and turned into a period. Don't be scared, this pill works, I promise!! I had a very late period!"

scaredy cat July 17, 2016

"I had sex the day of I was ovulating and the condom broke. I took plan b one step Aprox 3 hours later. My period was 2 days late so I decided to take an at home pregnancy test which came out positive and 2 days later a blood test which came out positive. So for me it did not work. May be it was because I was ovulating at the time this happened."

Fr90 (taken for less than 1 month) July 17, 2016

"This pill did its job!! I took the plan b one step 45-60 mins after the condom broke. A week later I felt nauseous and started bleeding. The bleeding lasted for about a week but it was light. After that everything seemed normal and then I missed my period. Panicking, I did my research and ended up on this website and everyone's ratings gave me faith that the pill would work. 2 and a half weeks after I missed my period, my period came!! I have very little cramping and feel fine! If directions are followed correctly on the box you should be fine :) don't worry. I'm just happy that it worked and I don't have a human inside me. Phew!"

Happycamper11770 July 17, 2016

"Obviously , the condom broke and it was 11 pm we were scared because I'm 18 and my boyfriend is 19. We were scared more than anything. But no matter what stay clam because freaking out does not help at all. We took the pill at 10 am the following morning . My period was estimated two weeks after taking the pill . My period was 3 days late but within the two weeks I did feel like throwing up like constantly. At the end the pill works it does . Not pregant and helped"

Chella2016_ July 17, 2016

"This review is about to be so long but I really really want to ease the minds of people in the same boat as I was. 1.) EVERYTHING WILL BE OK REMEMBER THAT. 2.) I had unprotected sex during ovulation and my partner pulled out not finishing in me. I then got plan b and took it 6 hours after. I felt very tired that day and naeusous. About 5 days later I experienced bloating, frequent urination, cramping, and brownish/red bleeding for 5 days. However this was not my period it was the withdrawal bleeding from the pill. I continued to have these symptoms and waited for my June 26th period which never came. I became very nervous because I was starting to develop almost all the symptoms of early pregnancy. I had frequent urination, thought I had morning sickness - but it worked - Don't panic"

Ellen G. July 16, 2016

"I was SO skeptical about taking plan b because of the side effects. I took mine just this morning because I accidentally skipped a day on my birth control. The only side effect I had was a little bit of nausea. I didn't experience cramps, dizziness, tiredness,etc. Thank you Plan B!!"

Mollyb0195 (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2016

"I took the plan b pill after the condom broke and my boyfriend finished inside me. I'm on the pill but that was the first time I had someone finish inside me so I was really freaked out. I took the pill about 14 hours after it happened. I felt fine for the first week but around the time I should have been ovulating, I began to get extremely nauseous and had really bad abdominal pain; it was a sharp pain in my right and left ovaries. The pain and neasua continued for a few weeks and it really freaked me out because I convinced myself I was pregnant. Finally the day I was suppose to get my period I got it, but it was extremely light which is very unusual for me but by the next day it was a normal flow. Dont worry and give it time!"

Anonymous July 14, 2016

"Had unprotected sex July 3, freaked out and took Plan B 26 hours after sex. I experienced a lot of discharge and was worried since I hadn't gotten my period. I was cramping, having back pains and was moody... I started to get really worried. Then 8 days after taking Plan B I finally got my period! Stay calm & stay positive. I was so stressed about it I was prolonging my period, Plan B worked 100% for me and I'm so happy that it helped."

Notpreggers July 12, 2016

"I hate this pill due to all the horrible side effects I experienced. I had unprotected sex with my husband when we got married on May 28th. My period happened the week prior to us having sex. I took the pill a few hours after we had sex. Everything was fine up until two weeks after I consumed the pill. I was feeling: sore tender breast that I couldn't even wear a bra since it hurt so much, horrible cramps, I was bloated like a cow I had to take organic teas to help me, horrible headaches, mood swings, dizziness and nausea. I had no period for the month of June and I started to worry. Today is July 11th and I JUST STARTED MY PERIOD! PRAISE THE LORD! Pill works, horrible side effects. 6 week late period."

Newlywed16 (taken for less than 1 month) July 11, 2016

"Hey ladies!! STOP WORRYING!! The more you stress the nervous you get. I've taken this pill twice and was afraid if it wouldn't work the 2nd time, but it did!! This pill is a life saver! I had unprotective sex on July 4th and wasn't sure if he came in me or not, but I wanted to be sure. So I went and bought the pill 7 hours after sex and took it instantly. I had no reactions towards the pill and received no symptoms. I felt bloated and nauseous at times and wanted to ge my period ASAP! But it never came...after waiting for 5 lonnnnnnggg stressful days, I finally got my period!!!! I'm sitting on the toilet as I'm writing this review and I see blot clots and I'm receiving horrible cramps, but I'm super happy that I can finally stop stressing!"

Lalsk July 10, 2016

"Fiddled around on 25th april but was still concerned about pregnancy through pre-ejaculatory fluid although the bleeding through period just finished that day. Had morning after pill on the 27th april and had period-like bleeding, again, from 3rd to 6th May. Expected date was 3rd June but was late. REALLY REALLY Late. Had pregnancy test on 16th June and 24th June but both were negative. Period finally came on 6th of July. Yea, that's right, 9 WEEKS LATE but it still came, Hurray! It was the most gut wrenching period of my life. I promised myself that ill come here and write my experience as reading all these posts during the past month really helped a lot."

patience_virtue July 7, 2016

"Hey ladies. So with my husband, I had used plan b a couple days ago, about 15 hrs after. Now I'm not going to know quite yet wether it works til I'm due for my period around the 20th of July.. but I'm not too concerned as Im not ovulating quite yet. And the only side effect, still is off and on nausea. But I see some people saying the pill won't work. Some insight.. if Ur ovulating, and have unprotected sex, u obviously have a high chance of pregnancy. With or without this pill. If you read, this pill is supposed to postpone/prevent ovulation so u can't become pregnant. Therefore, if u do have sex while ovulation, and want to take the pill, it's risky, but should be taken right after, otherwise may not work. Just a suggestion :)"

*Heather* July 7, 2016

"So I had unprotected sex on June 20th took the pill right after we did it. The only side effects I had was only nausea and dizziness, also tiredness but it only last for a day for me. And my expected date for my period is July 6 and of course it did came but really bad cramps."

Tweetygirl3 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 7, 2016

"My boyfriend and I always use condoms but this time it slipped. We both started to stress out over it all because I'm 17 and he's 20 and we both aren't ready for kids. I took a hot shower (heard it helped to terminate pregnancies if done right away) and the pharmacy was still open and I took the Plan b one step about an hour later. I had very bad cramps and nausea for about two hours but then it was better. I got my period 12 hours later. Feel a little sick now but nothing too bad."

Well that was fun... (taken for less than 1 month) July 7, 2016

"I've taken this product many times and it Always work , you will have minor cramping and drowsiness but that is to be Expected I recommend if you have an accident buy this even though it is costly it Works!"

Ashhhhhhhh July 6, 2016

"Had sex June 26th. Condom broke on us so I took plan b 15 minutes after our accident. I was supposed to get my period on July 6th, but ended up getting it one day earlier. I was stressing out the whole time since this was my first time using the product. The side affects I had were some cramps, tiredness, nausea, dizziness, and diarreah which lasted about a week. I was begging to think those were symptoms of pregnancy so I read many reviews to help calm me down. Thankfully it worked for me."

No baby this time July 6, 2016

"My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex and he pulled out but came all over my vagina. I was really scared that somehow sperm would make their way to an egg. I was ovulating at the time. I took Plan B about 20 hours after it happened. I had no serious side effects except a little light headedness every once and awhile. I started to regularly check my cervix position to make sure that it wasn't low and soft (which would mean I was most likely pregnant). It never was and I got my period on the exact day it was supposed to come! So girls - don't stress yourself out too much."

Hskahfhsjjuei July 3, 2016