User Reviews for Plan B One-Step

Learn more about Plan B One-Step.

Plan B One-Step Rating Summary

8.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 11 medications used in the treatment of Emergency Contraception.

Reviews for Plan B One-Step to treat Emergency Contraception

"My boyfriend and I purchased Plan B in need of a emergency contraception. I had no side effects at all. Everything went smooth. I recommend this to anyone in an emergency fast need!"

Kaity-bug (taken for less than 1 month) August 24, 2016

"The condom ripped on Aug 16th but he did not finish inside of me. The chance of getting pregnant from pre-cum is much less than the chance of getting pregnant from semen, but it still might be possible, so to be safe I got plan b one step. My period tracker had estimated I was to ovulate the 17th. I had taken the pill 16 hours after sex. I did experience nausea, lower stomach pain, dizziness and tiredness but it was nothing too extreme. I was expected to get my period Aug 31st and I got my period yesterday, Aug 22nd! A week early! My cramps are worse than usual but nothing I can't hadle! Better than being 16 and pregnant! Take the pill ASAP and let it do its thing. DONT stress girls. Be positive and keep yourself busy!!(:"

TeenGirl (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2016

"My bf and I had unprotected sex on the 9th day of my cycle. He pulled out before he could come, but to be safe and sure I decided to take Plan B. I was able to take it 62 hrs after the incident (more than 2 days). I was worried because I waited for a long time but still it was within the 72 hr time range. Nothing much happened after I took it, I wondered if it worked. Just some tolerable cramps within the days that followed. My next period was scheduled to arrive Aug 21 and I was worried if it will come or not. Thank goodnesss, my period came 2 days earlier (Aug 19th ). I was never so happy to have my period in my life."

FreakedoutGal August 21, 2016

"So I promised myself if this works, I have to write a review to put someone out of their worrying misery because believe me I WAS SCARED FOR 2 WEEKS STRAIGHT. So I had sex with my s/o on August 1st, with no condom or form of birth control (yes I know dumb but hey I'm human ya know) and he came in me, completely. On this day, my period tracker app said I was fertile so this was completely worst case scenario to me. I took the plan b 3 hours after the incident, but boy let me tell you! I was nauseous for the whole week! In my head I was like "yup, I'm done for. I'm pregnant." Fast forward to August 17th, I got my period a day early and it is HEAVY and PAINFUL. Plan b works. RELAX PLEASE!"

Listenplease August 18, 2016

"If you are prone to acne, get ready to have the worst acne ever. My bf convinced me to take it in case after he didn't pull out in time. I was 2 days after ovulation. The likelihood of getting pregnant were slim. Really wish I went with my gut to not take this pill. My skin and my self esteem are a mess."

DJTh1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 17, 2016

"My boyfriend and I have been using the pull out method for years now. I've taken plan b before and always received and immediate period and symptoms within 1 week. Well, on 7/30 we had sex and he actually came in me. I took a plan b the very next morning and basically was having early preggo symptoms for about 2 weeks. I was so scared because I had never had symptoms last that long or had to wait that long before I knew the pill worked. I took a home pregnancy test about a week after taking the pill and it came out negative but I figured it was too early to tell. I got my period on 8/15 about two weeks after taking the pill and I've never been so happy to see blood in my life. Don't freak out about he symptoms you get, the pill works."

Mani100 August 17, 2016

"Got carried away with husband. Took pill. God super sick. Sore breasts Nausea As the week continued... Added a few more symptoms. Diarrhea Cramps Hot and cold feelings Vomiting Almost fainted About 2 weeks after started feeling a little better. Then had the worst period of my life. Felt like I was dying. So much blood. Terrible cramps. Vomiting for a whole night. Could barely eat for two days. But I think it worked. Haven't taken a test to see but I assume since I had my period it means it worked. So... It works. And we had sex on day 14 my most fertile day - took it 5 hours after. But... The most terrible and sickest I have ever been for 2 weeks and worst period ever. And I was continually bloated."

sillygirl23456 August 12, 2016

"Me and my fiance were out drinking one night and the sex got a little crazy. I pulled out a little to late and I told her what I had done. So we showered and then immediately went to our 24hr Walgreens and purchased the pill like 30 minutes after the incident. She took it ASAP. It six weeks later and guess what? She's pregnant! This pill is such a waste of money."

MemphisMP August 12, 2016

"Had a condom accident on July 29th during a very fertile time for me, and I took the pill 2 hours later. I was SO STRESSED for 2 weeks thinking of this pill not working, but it did. Got my period today, 3 days earlier than normally expected. This pill made me extremely tired and gave me very sore breasts for a couple of days, but it overall worked! So please please please to anyone reading this, RELAX. It will all be okay!"

Anonymous August 12, 2016

"So I took the pill about 17 hours after unprotected sex on July 24. I felt dizziness definite moodiness and was nauseous. My cramping went on a week before my period off and on and I had spotting the first couple days before my period. I spent nights crying, worried and not ready to be a parent especially at the age of 18. I think speaking for anyone who's had the stress of this pill has learned their lesson of having unprotected sex. My period tracker said my period wouldn't start until August 13th and here I am waking up this morning (August 10) and using the restroom and seeing my period. I have never been so happy! I cried (from joy) and I'm having period cramps as we speak and I couldn't be happier!! Bring on the cramps! Lol"

Anonymous August 10, 2016

"Condom broke 7/25, not sure if I was ovulating or not. took a pill a hour and a half after the incident, took another pill 12 hours after the incident. I felt nauseous, headaches, cramps, extremely sore boobs for almost 2 weeks, exhausted and moodiness and I also got a yeast infection. 8/8 Yesterday marked 2 weeks since the incident happened and the pregnancy test came out negative. About 2 hours later I started my period which is a lot heavier than normal but im not pregnant and the pill did its job."

Not pregnant August 9, 2016

"I had unprotected sex with my husband, and I took plan b twice within 72 hours because I was not ready to have a baby. I ended up getting pregnant anyway. But I'd like to say my son is one of the best things that has ever happened to me and 6 months after having him we tried for another one and ended up getting two!"

The fact I August 8, 2016

"I took Plan B about 5-6 hours after the incident. My p tracker app showed I was fertile and one day before ovulation. The pill worked as it should have. I felt the side effects within hours of taking the pill - nausea, breast tenderness, headache, cramping, had to go to the bathroom all the time. Panicked for two weeks reading horror stories about it not working. But it did its job. Got my period one day early. Seems slightly heavier than normal."

NBD July 31, 2016

"This is my first time taking plan b, I'm not really worried, but I do have my doubts wether it works. Reading all this comments really helped me, and calmed my doubts. I had my period on July 17 and the condom broke July 29, and I took the pill 11 hours later. so I'm not sure how the fertility and ovulation thing works there. Insight would be greatly appreciate."

1timeonly July 30, 2016

"Honestly, this thing works. I was freaking out and I shouldn't have been. It is very common to have a late period after taking the pill. If you are worried, take a pregnancy test to ease your mind. You will get your period. Don't worry. You will be fine :)"

LateButSafe (taken for less than 1 month) July 29, 2016

"Not going to lie, this pill can possibly make you go insane. But, like all the other reviews say - just be patient. Experience: Last period prior to the pill: June 11th Incident: June 21st (possibly ovulating). Took the pill possibly within maybe 3 mins after (super paranoid). Very light bleeding June 26th (for about 3 days). Symptoms (for a month, after taking the pill): Nausea No appetite cramps (on and off) Some acne lower back pain Obviously all symptoms of pregnancy. Took maybe 6 pregnancy test, and a blood test (all negative). Period came exactly one month after the light bleeding occurred. Please don't make yourself sick like I did. I lost like 10 pounds from freaking out alone. Patience is key."

23965956907 July 27, 2016

"So, like many here, I decided if plan b worked for me, I would share my experience to ease any worried minds. Had a bit of a slip up and had unprotected sex the day after my period finished. The sex occurred on a Friday and I took plan B two days after (Sunday). I didn't feel any symptoms until a few days after taking the pill. Honestly, I think the anxiety of potentially being pregnant really made any of my symptoms feel about 100 times worse. I felt nauseous and had sore breasts for a few days after the pill. I got my period two days later than expected. Just try and stay calm and let the pill do its work!"

Eumelia July 27, 2016

"My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex June 18, and I took the pill within 24 hours. Within the first week of taking the pill, I experienced five days of heavy spotting, which further delayed my period to today, July 25. I experienced light stomach cramping and heavy white discharge that occurred on and off. Along with this pill I ingested lots of vitamin C, cinnamon, and parsley to help ease my mind, but nothing has ever terrified me so much, so I hope this will help someone else out there. I thank God for this pill. Good luck."

(⌒▽⌒) (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 26, 2016

"Okay, So if your on here freaking out like I was.... stop. Seriously! Okay so me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex while I was fertile, he did pull out but pre cum is just as effective. So I freaked out, and bought plan b one step and took it 21 hours later. I felt nothing. No spotting, just my boobs were sore and I was tired and moody. I was expected to ovulate around that time too so that just made it worse, since it's less effective if you take it after ovulation. So soon enough I got my period the day before I was supposed to get it! My cramps are worse than usual, but it's better than being 18 and pregnant. Learn from this experience! But chances are your fine, so relax and go order some dominos cause plan b will do its job"

Kaylayac (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2016

"Plan b worked I'm not pregnant. My period came a week early but hasn't stopped yet. I'm on day 22 of my period, although it's light it won't quit. Also experienced bloating, cramps, and breast soreness. Took the pill within an hour of the initial accident."

prolongedperiodugh (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2016

"The condom broke on July 4th and we didn't realize it broke till after he finnished inside of me. I'm not on BC so we immediately went to the store to buy plan b one step and I took it within the hour of it happening. I did some research and I was in the time of ovulating. This made me really nervous that it could increase my chances of getting pregnant, but I knew that all I could do was wait and see what happens. Symptoms I experienced were tiredness, moodiness, bloating and very sensitive and sore breasts. Today I'm happy to say I GOT MY PERIOD!!! It was only 1 day late. I'm so relieved!!! My advice is don't wait, take the pill ASAP and let it do its work. DONT STRESS or think about it too much. Be positive & keep yourself busy."

Wfjbdffff July 21, 2016

"It's not fair reading all of these reviews saying that they were when I took two with my last pregnancy and I just found out I'm pregnant again and my baby is only 8 months old. I took the pill literally 10 hours after unprotected sex and I still end up pregnant. Why???"

Not fair.. (taken for less than 1 month) July 20, 2016

"So I never write reviews but if you're on this page then I'm sure you're scared, as I was. And reading reviews eased my mind, so I'm trying to ease someone else's. The condom broke and we didn't realize until after we had sex, meaning he ejaculated completely inside of me. This happened on day 12 of my 28 day cycle, meaning I was pretty fertile at that point. We rushed to get Plan B and I took the pill an hour later. The only side effect from the pill was That I was nauseous. Thankfully my period came, it was two days early. I'm very glad this pill worked."

Anonymous July 18, 2016

"I promised myself that if this pill worked, I would share my experience because reading your reviews helped me a lot. I'm only 17 and last week, I had my first time and the condom broke and he came inside me. 15 minutes later we were rushing to buy Plan B One Step and I took it quickly. The only side effect I had was diarrhea. I was very scared because after taking the pill, we had unprotected sex (I know, that was stupid). I waited 2 LONG WEEKS haha. My period was delayed for two days, and today I got up reading these reviews and thinking that today I would buy the pregnancy test. I got out of bed and went to the bathroom and I saw my period. This pill works by girls. I'm SO HAPPY, relax yourselves, don't think about it! THE PILL WORKS!"

Notscaredanymore July 18, 2016

"This product worked great for me. During sex my bf came inside me. I was panicking. I went and purchased the pill shortly after. My period came within my scheduled timeframe. My breasts are a little sore but other than nothing major."

Jk457 July 18, 2016