User Reviews for Plan B One-Step

Learn more about Plan B One-Step.

Plan B One-Step Rating Summary

8.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 11 medications used in the treatment of Emergency Contraception.

Reviews for Plan B One-Step to treat Emergency Contraception

"I have taken this pill 2 times , once when I was 16, once when I was 18, both times I freaked out , first time I had all the side effects , second time I had no side effects. Both ended up fine !!"

Aveline1687 April 24, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Back story, I was on the mirena for 5 years and got off of it in Early 2017 (my body has already been used to the hormone in the morning after pill) I had taken the morning after pill about 16 hours after unprotected sex with someone I didn't know. The last 2 weeks of my life have been horrible. I had no initial symptoms of the pill until about a week after taking it. i track my periods using EVE. And it was during my most fertile day that I had sex. Which made me panic 10 times more. I felt sick 24-7. I even threw up. My period came 2 days late. And I'm still on it. It's much lighter than I'm used to and the cramps are horrible. The moral of the story is. Don't panic. Listen to your body. Every thing will be fine. The pill did work."

Informal21 (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have used plan b and the generic version a few times before and it has worked wonderful. However, that's not always the case. I had had sex and taken the pill about 24 hours after the encounter. Then found out two weeks later I was expecting. I'm elated about my child but wanted to warn others it's not a for sure method and isn't always 99.9% effective."

Angie H. April 22, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Like most of the reasons for sharing this post is so that most of you girls can relax. I took the pill after 48 hours of unprotected sex. Me and my boyfriend did the pull out method and he was sure he did not come in me however I was still worried about precum. Six days after being stressed out later and my period has just arrived. My only side effects was lower abdominal mild cramping. This is the second time plan b has worked for me so please try not to worry, take it ASAP and try to stay protected."

Santadn2 April 22, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"hey! I decided to write a review to put some peoples minds at ease. I had unprotected sex march 17th and I took plan b march 18th (20 hours later) to be exact. Six days after I experienced spotting for a couple of days my period was supposed to be here April 6th and it never came. I wasn't too worried at first until I was more than a week late so I took a pregnancy test and it was negative, today April 21 I finally got my period I know it can be nerve wrecking but be patient! hope this helped :)"

everything will be okay!!!! April 22, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I know all of you are probably freaking out, crying, and suddenly looking into the future that the next 18 years might bring--- don't. I took the pill and didn't honestly need to, but my anxiety of course told me I needed to. April 1st I started my routine period which lasts about 5 days, I took the pill on the evening of April 12th. SIDE EFFECTS: This was the kicker for me. I experienced slight headaches the first few days, but then April 16-17th I started bleeding which freaked me out. It was brown/bright red spotting, and lasted 3-4 days. I had cramps and my lower back killed me (still and it's the 21st). I know I'm not pregnant, but I know my cycles will definitely be messed up. Will never take again."

ThisSucked (taken for less than 1 month) April 21, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Me and my boyfriend did the deed on 3/10, the condom had broke. My period had just ended. We didn't realize until after when he was pulling out. We immediately began to panic. I took a quick rinse off shower (don't know if this is the best idea but oh well) after I rinsed off we went to the store and bought plan b. We went home right after and I took it. I was feeling really nervous about this whole thing. I began to read so many reviews. On 3/14 I began to bleed very heavily and had cramps that lasted for 6 days. I started having cramps, my breast hurt, and everything u can think. I was due 4/3. I took a test and it came back NEG. I was 12 days late before it finally came! It takes time but I promise everything will be okay in the end!"

Anonymous April 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Girls, I PROMISE YOU THIS WORKS. I'm a teenager, I was freaking out like crazy & kept crying about the thought of being pregnant. I had sex the 24th of March, took it 30 mins afterwards. 5 days later I got my " period " it isn't your actual period, just blood shedding, it was brown & light . This is a normal side effect, then I got lower abdominal pain for about 2 days & cramping for a few days. I was supposed to get my period the 11th, got it the 17th (today) AS LONG AS YOU TAKE IT WITHIN 24 HRS. YOU ARE FINE LOVES!! Try not to stress!!! The waiting was extremely hard but in the end , you will be fine, I promise!!! P.S PLAN B ONE STEP MESSED UP YOUR CYCLE, Do NOT freak out if it's late! I got mine 5 days late!"

Jeffries1234 April 17, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I'm writing this review to calm the minds of others who are in the same boat I was until today (the day I got my period). I have taken Plan B on 4 separate occasions in my life- split up over seven years. This last time was different for a few reasons: I was ovulating during intercourse, used the pull out method, and was over the supposed 175 lb "weight limit". Timeline: First day of last period- March 19. Day I had sex- March 29th. Day I took plan B- March 30th (14 hours later). The day I got my period- April 11th. I had cramping the entire 12 days after taking Plan B before getting my period, different from the last three times I'd taken it in my life. My advice: RELAX. Take it ASAP after sex. And get a Z Pack to protect against STDs as well."

PanickedMillenial (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"It works! Me and my husband stay in different cities and were meeting after 3 whole months. We were so into it that we didn't bother to get the condom lying in the closet. He thought he would pull it out at the correct time but he couldn't. I was terrified. My period was due in a week. I spent the night contemplating whether it was safe to take the pill because I never took it before. But we were not ready for a baby and so I took it the next morning, after almost 12hrs. I didn't experience any side effects as given on the package. My period got delayed by 3 days and finally got it yesterday. It's great so chill! Easy to say this now but those 3 days were hell. Better be safe!"

Megh28 April 11, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I am 24 years old. I was on the birth control pill microgynon for about 5 years straight. I got off it in the beginning of March. On March 26th, right before my period week, we slipped up. So we grabbed plan b. I had taken it before I was on birth control, and had no side effects. But this time I felt everything. So for two days I felt nothing. And then on the 2nd day I got shaky & hungry. On the 7th day I cramped, sore boobs, emotional, & hungry until 20 days after I took it. I got my period exactly a week late. I cried so much during that time. But trust me. Your period will show up. You absolutely will feel pregnant but chances are, you aren't."

Tigerlily93 April 11, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I am a 47 year old married, mother of 2. My husband and I had unprotected sex recently - 2 weeks ago on a Friday night. I was nervous since I was in my ovulating zone. I went to pharmacy the next day (Saturday)to buy Plan B but they were out. Tried another - also out. We live in a small town so the only other choice was another one You must buy it behind the pharmacy counter at there and it was closed. So Sunday went back to there and took it by noon. On Monday felt kind of nauseous and the next few days had head ache, back ache, and just generally did not feel great, then had some spotting for 2 days. Finally got my period the Saturday afterwards which was one week early. Relief! Stay safe, Ladies!"

SuburbMom April 8, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I took plan b in December of 2016, I was lucky I didn't end up pregnant. I had just finished my period before intercourse. The condom broke, being my age this was the scariest thing ever. My boyfriend went to the near by pharmacy the next morning. A whole 11 hours later. In the whole week I took two plan b. Bad move but it calmed my nerves. Throughout the whole week I experienced headaches, some depression, cramps, and changed eating habits. I couldn't eat, focus on college work, talk to anyone. All I did was cry and stress myself out. Any girls who are my age going through this remember I was in your place and it worked for me. Reading the positive comments about plan b helped me tremendously. Just remember to stay calm, it's gonna be okay. :)"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 5, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Yes it works. Abstinence is better if you're not ready. Same story as everyone, had to take it 5 hours after unprotected sex. Two week wait was brutal. "

Mellery April 4, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have used Plan B few times it has worked. I recently lost a lot of weight. I went from being infertile to fertile within 4 months. One night Jan 16, I was very intoxicated and went over to my friends house. Ended up having unplanned and unwanted sex. I threw up 12 hrs straight the next morning so the next day I took plan B between 24-36 hours after. I was due for my period Jan 20 th. ... needless to say my period never came and 3 weeks later I found out I was pregnant by this person. I am blessed with a beautiful child, But I'd never wish this situation on my worse enemy. Every day is a reminder how I have a baby from someone I didn't even want to have sex with."

BossyMe April 3, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I promised myself I was going to write a review for others who are stressing just as I was before reading some reviews. I am a 18 year old who had protected sex, but my partner did not notice that it had torn and he finished inside of me. We both panicked and half an hour later we decided to buy plan B. Everything was okay, no side effects but a week later I got a stomach virus. My mind automatically begin to think it was pregnancy symptoms. A week after I had gotten over the stomach virus I was expected to get my period. Instead I got a very bad cough and my period had still not come. I began to panic, I am too young to have a baby and decided to get a pregnancy test. The test turned out to be negative and I got my period the next day."

Anonymous March 30, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I promised myself that if this worked I would write a review because I stressed hardcore. I'm 18 years old and my boyfriend (19) and I had sex with a condom and it broke. We didn't know it broke until after he finished. I was also ovulating at the time. Talk about bad luck, so we instantly left and went to our local store and got the pill. I took it around an hour after it happened. It is a powerful pill with a lot of side effects, but they're all worth it if you don't want a baby just yet. Got my period a couple days early about a week after taking the pill."

don't stress!!! this works! March 29, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I had sex with a condom, he took it off in between, and then put on another one. Ultimately, he came into the condom, but I was worried about precum. I think it was also the time I was ovulating. I took plan b one step 26 hours after and I'm 160 lbs. I got my period around two weeks later and have an irregular cycle. It was spotting for for like 5 hours that morning/afternoon and then I got my period normally that night. It lasted about 6 days, as usual. The only symptoms I felt were nausea for one day a few days after I took the pill, bloating, and really bad acne. My face has breakouts all over it and it's been almost 2 months. I just got my second period since the pill now that it is March, so it surely worked. bad acne though."

itookit (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I had sex with my boyfriend on the 25th of February and we found out the condom had broke. I was terrified and was stressing all night. We had sex around 8:30 pm and I stressed all night and finally took the pill 18 hours later. I had light brown discharge 3 days after taking it and I was unsure what that meant. It went away and I was stressing for so long... my period finally came today on March 22. LADIES I'm telling you it works, take it within 24 hours and you should be fine! I would've wanted to hear this as I was freaking out!! Always make sure you use protection and have a backup!"

georgia2372 March 23, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I got pregnant after taking a plan b . I had an accident 12/05 took the plan b 12/06 and conceived. I guess I was that unlucky 5% or it was really meant to be ."

Shells07 March 22, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"It worked! Had brief unprotected sex then used condom for the rest of it, but I took a plan b about 1-2 hours later just to be careful cause of Pre cum. Most likely after ovulation. Started freaking out and reading reviews positive I was pregnant because I overreact like that. I had slight nausea and diarrhea a couple days after but very little side effects. Period came right on time. I'm not gonna tell you not to worry because I did that no matter how many reviews I read, but use this feeling to make sure you don't make this mistake again! Good luck"

Fdtyhj (taken for less than 1 month) March 20, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"It works. I promised I'd write a review because I was freaking out looking for information just like you probably are. I took it about 10 hours after the incident. I was at the beginning of my cycle. My period was about 3 days late, and then the next month it was early - about 10 days after the period after plan b. It took a few months for it to get back to normal. Both periods were like normal periods. Try not to freak out but I know that's easier said than done."

Anonymous March 15, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"It works. I took it 30 min after I had unprotected sex and I didn't get any side effects and I got my period on time."

Anonymous March 13, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This only gets 5 stars because I'm not pregnant. However, it is such a strong pill! It is my first time taking it and I will never take it again. I've never been so depressed in my life! I don't have an appetite and I have the worst migraines. I never take medication I usually stick to natural remedies so maybe that's why my body is taking it so bad."

miriamfromtheblock March 13, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"IT WORKS. There's not enough space in the review for my whole experience so I'll give you some bullet points. First time having sex. Had unprotected sex (no condom, no birth control). Took Plan B about 4-5 hours after sex. May have been ovulating (but my cycle is always irregular). 291 pounds. All reviews said that being overweight and ovulating makes it ineffective. NO SIDE EFFECTS AT ALL! Well my period just showed up today! That's 2 days after I thought it would. Ladies, please use protection. If he doesn't want to use protection, get the hell out of there. Needless to say, I have my birth control and will be getting it injected tomorrow."

Joralyn March 12, 2017