User Reviews for Plan B One-Step

Learn more about Plan B One-Step.

Plan B One-Step Rating Summary

8.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 11 medications used in the treatment of Emergency Contraception.

Reviews for Plan B One-Step to treat Emergency Contraception

"Hello everyone so I promised myself if I got my period I would share my experience which I did thank god "

Avila Garcia August 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Hey everyone, I promised if this worked for me I would write a review to ease anyone's mind who I'm sure is thinking the same anxious thoughts I was. I took this pill 48 hours after unprotected sex right in the middle of my fertile window. I ovulated that Sunday just like I was supposed to so I was worried that it didn't work for me in its attempt to delay ovulation. I have used this drug before and I can say it mimics all of those early pregnancy symptoms without a doubt. But do not fear. The pill works a huge percentage of the time and in other ways if ovulation does already occur. But, do not stress because that can delay your period as well. Good luck :)"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"So I was 18 years old at the time with my boyfriend at the time it was last summer and we had sex we used condoms most of times but the one time we decided not he was going to cum but he pulled out but we were scared he had pre cum so he got me plan b. It was the worse side effects It made me so sick and it made my period so heavy it made me dizzy I was bleeding so much and I was so bloated it made my period come early also but I missed my period 2 months after that but I was beyond happy I got my period it worked for me I was beyond lucky it did. It may not work for everyone God has a plan for you Please be careful having sex especially if you are young I learned from my mistake"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"hi ladies! just want to say this pill WORKS! But you really have to take it asap! I took mine about 30 hours after having sex using withdrawal and I got my period right on time. Take some gravol and/or tylenol with it to avoid nausea/headache and remember that although the side effects of the pill are almost exactly the same as pregnancy, you wouldn't be feeling them until at LEAST 2 weeks after sex. DON'T STRESS and try to keep your mind off worrying because that'll delay your period and ESPECIALLY don't do research on google because that will just freak you out even more (trust me I freaked out so much I fainted). I would recommend having this pill in your medicine cabinet in case of an emergency so you have easy and quick access to it. xo"

haaaaaaiiiiiiileeeeeyyy (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I took the emergency contraception about 24 hours after I had intercourse. It didn't work for me, I was pregnant. This was because I had already ovulated and the emergency contraception works by stopping ovulation."

Labebe August 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"So I had unprotected sex on July 2 three days after my period and took the pill like half an hour after, a week later I got breast tenderness and spotting and got my period on July 29 five days late, it was heavy and it wasn't until today August 9 that it stopped. Of course I freaked out cause I'd never experienced anything like that but it don't worry it works"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Hey ladies I wanted to share my story with y'all. I got my period July 4 2017 and then had unprotected sex on July 21 2017 about 12 hours later I took plan b one step. I did not experience any kind of side effects and felt just fine. On August 4th I was expecting to have my period right now time. And didn't so I started worrying. Well yesterday August 6th I started my period only 2 days later. Please don't worry like I did. This pill does work just let it do its thing. It does tell you before you take it you might start your period early, on time ore late. I started mine late and I worried. Don't worry you will be just fine!!!!"

C2012 August 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I took the PlanB within 12 hours of having unprotected sex. I felt some mild nausea and cramping in the days following. This morning I am one week late and took a pregnancy test only to find out that it didn't work."

Stuck_2017 (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Ok so I promised if I got my period I would come back on here cause all of these reviews helped me with my anxiety. Basically, I had sex like 2 days after my period & the condom broke. It would have just been precum, but google FREAKS YOU out don't look! So I took plan b like 15 hours after, about 2 hours later I had bad cramps and a headache that lasted for like 2 days. Other than that nothing major. 5 days later I had a period? It just looked different and didn't feel like one, that lasted for 4 days then just ended. So then I had to wait for my second (actual) period. The week coming up I had a lot of watery discharge and a weird feeling in my ovaries which freaked me out more. But my period CAME! 5 days late though!! YOU'LL BE OK!"

I was freaked August 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Im gonna give my whole story because I know when I was reading these reviews that's all I wanted to hear just to comfort me but in a short version because the limit of words... -Had my period on June 23-26 -Had protected sex but the condom broke and my boyfriend came in me on July 3 which was 5 to 6 days before ovulation -Took the pill 30-45 minutes after the incident -I had severe nausea, dizziness, breast tenderness that hurt to the touch, fatigue and slight cramps for a week and a half -On the second week July 17 I started bleeding brownish at first that turned into a dark red and bleed for 5 days (TMI I know I'm sorry) but the pill works! I started a week before my expected period so don't worry girls you'll be okay!!!"

Scar_23 (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Period began June27-July01. On July02, just after my period ended we had sex. He wore the condom & thought it would be safe to cum inside of me with the condom, unfortunately, it busted. I took the pill roughly around 30-90 minutes after the accident. We continued to have protected sex for another 4 days straight (he didn't cum inside me). 1week (July09) later, I spotted. My breasts & nipples were sore, but I believe it was because of the sex. I became worried when I read about PLAN B not working for those whose BMI is over 25. My BMI is 31, I'm 5'8 & weigh 210lbs. Anyways, my period wasn't late. My cycle lasted 27 days but my flow was heavy. Also I recommend the "Flo"App which helps keep track of your period & gives an idea when ovulation occurs."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Had sex on June 8, took Plan B on June 10. The wait was excruciating. I had all the symptoms it could throw at me (nausea, bloating, cramping, fatigue, constipation & heartburn etc) except for tender breasts. I got my period on July 14 and it lasted a good 5 day cycle. I'm so glad I got it but I still feel sick. Idk if its because my body is not use to it but my stomach just feels all messed up...probably due to the hormones but has anyone else gone through this?"

Dummmyyy (taken for less than 1 month) July 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I read most of the reviews, here is my story. I am older maybe the age of most posters mother. Had sex around 6:00 am, took pill by noon on the same day. This item is behind the pharmacy in my area, make sure you on their website to know which stores sell it in your area. Some said this did not during ovulation, For me, I was on day four of my ovulation week and it worked for me.....I read that some people got sick, or felt nausea, I did not. I took the pill with a full meal. I also did not feel bad in the week after, and my period started one day ahead of schedule..... Maybe cause I am older, I recommended please take right away if you need success ; better to pay 43.00 then have to go through other options."

Sunshine321511 July 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It worked. Ended my period June 8 (same day I had intercourse). We had done the pull out method, but me being paranoid wanted to be safe than sorry so I took plan B on June 10. I had every symptom it can throw at me except sore breasts. But I did have: fatigue, nausea, heavy bloating, abdominal and back pain, headaches, etc. It was scary. The wait was so long and after almost a month I got my period on July 14th...I was so relieved. But lesson learned. I never want to experince this again and I plan on getting on regular birth control soon."

:$ (taken for less than 1 month) July 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Okay ! So I decided I should come here and write my review about the Plan-B pill just to ease some mind "

Kiriaa (taken for less than 1 month) July 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had sex with my boyfriend maybe a week after my period ended. He didn't ejaculate in me, but The condom broke. I'm 18 and he's 17 and neither one of us drives. Meaning, We had no way to get the pill the first day we had sex, so I ended taking the pill 2 days later. I was scared that it wasn't going to work since I had taken it so late, but I was wrong. Since I had a long time til my next period, that made it even worse. I was having slight stomach cramps, dizziness, nausea , and one day I slept all day and was still tired when I woke up. By this time I was almost positive I was pregnant, but I came on my period a week early it started out with light bleeding like implantation bleeding But then gradually got heavier. Praise the lord."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"So me and my bf had sex on June 24th, we decided to go raw for a little bit just to see how it felt (stupid, I know). A couple days later I checked my period tracker app on my phone and it said I ovulated the night we had sex and even though he didn't cum in me when we did it raw, precum has sperm in it! I ran to the drug store in a panic and took Plan B (about 42 hours after). The day I took it I had a slight headache, other than that, no side effects. I was worried the pill didn't work I stayed up all night reading reviews from other women and worried myself to death. Yesterday I got my period 2 days before I was supposed to. The pill works don't overthink it!"

NOTAMOMMY July 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Hi there! I decided to hop on the bandwagon and write a review if I got my period. Thankfully, here I am, writing this review. I am 18 years old. My boyfriend and I waited 3 years of our relationship to have sex in case a contraceptive fail happened. After having been together for a full 3 years, we had sex! We have been having occasional sex for a while after that and it has been going fine. However, last time, one of our biggest fears came true. The condom broke. At 18 years old, the last thing I want to be is a mom. Him and I have a whole bright future ahead of us. He has gotten many scholarships and has been accepted into a nice college. Luckily, we are fine but let this be a lesson. You have your whole life ahead of you!"

Too Young (taken for less than 1 month) July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I took this pill about 5 hours after sex. It was easy to purchase over the counter. I was very nervous to take it after reading about side effects. The day if I had almost no side effects. A few days later I started developing very sore breasts and feeling a bit nauseated. Very mild nausea but noticeable. I bled about a week before my expected period. Then again for a few days when I expected my period. Then about a week later I started bleeding again very heavily and it lasted over a week. When the last "period" started my nipple soreness stopped, but nausea, cramping, and abdominal pain all increased. It's finally getting better. It worked - not pregnant, but definitely messed up my hormones and my cycle a lot."

C1b2a3r4 July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Plan b one step does not work. It's just for people like you to spend money on and it's a waste. It's a rubbish drug."

Nonefor you (taken for less than 1 month) July 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

" My bf and I had a condom break and I panicked because I've NEVER had something like that happen before and on top of that I was supposed to ovulate the same day well I took plan b that same day within 12 hours and I today I finally got my period almost a week early!! My advice is to try not to panic plan b does what it's supposed to and just relax and your body will take care of the rest. My only concern is if my periods will be back on track since taking it. But that's it."

cautiousmouse (taken for less than 1 month) June 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had unprotected sex on May 29th. The pull out method was not used (alcohol was involved). I took the day after pill about 4-5 hours after sex. I am 5'5" and 168 lbs. Found out the pill did not work and I am in fact pregnant. Took 3 pregnancy tests on June 19th... all positive. I am not sure if it was my weight or possible alcohol involved on why the pill did not work?"

Bnic789098 June 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Just wanted to share my experience since reading the positive reviews were the only thing to keep me sane and this worked for me. I was on no kind of birth control, condom broke and he came inside of me. I took plan b about 8 hours after. I did have some of the side effects but also think the severe anxiety had something to do with it. My period was also almost a week late. I know how hard the waiting game is but hang in there and wishing everyone the best!"

Anonymous June 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had sex May 4, 2017, used a condom but it broke. 12 hours later (the next morning May 5) I took Plan B. I expected my period to come on time since I took the pill within the specified window. I scheduled a Dr's appointment to be put on birth control but instead on May 15, 2017, I got a positive pregnancy test back. Plan B was not effective at all for me. I checked the ovulation calendar and apparently I was ovulating at the time I had sex. It's safe to say there's a slight to no chance of this pill working, if taken within two weeks of your next period. I don't plan to use this contraception method ever in the future. I'm currently on BC, FINALLY, but celibacy is safer these days."

MedSchool (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I promised I would share my experience this time around. I am 5'8 and 230lbs. (over the "weight limit"). I have taken plan b MANY TIMES & it hasn't failed. I had unprotected sex on Sunday, 6/12 around 1 am. Of course, he came inside of me... I WAS FREAKING OUT. Be mindful, these dates are post-ovulation (I psyched myself out a lot because I read many times that it was virtually "useless" if you had already ovulated). I took plan b within 12 hours, I was not ovulating... so I was feeling alright about it. I knew my period should be arriving Friday, 6/16, but the days in the way of the expected date were tearing me apart. I started 6/15 (27th cycle day). It works. Don't over search. And BE SAFE! Not worth the stress and worry!"

Risky_business June 16, 2017