User Reviews for Cryselle

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Cryselle.

Endometriosis
6.6

Birth Control
5.7

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
4.3

Summary of Cryselle reviews 5.5 124 reviews

Reviews for Cryselle

For Birth Control "This is my first birth control I have ever been on. I've been on this pill going on two years. It does its job in the field of preventing pregnancy. The only thing I dislike about it is I get very moody at times while on it, if I skip a pill and have to double up on it the next night I get a real bad headache! I have experienced weight gain as well, which no girl cares for. But like they all say every one is different."

Moodytrojan09 September 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on this medicine for 6 months. I gave it a 5 for the sole fact it does do its job in preventing pregnancy and my periods have been overall shorter and lighter. However, starting this pill I was miserable from extremely tender breasts, nausea, extreme emotions, and weight gain. I've been on birth control for 10 years and have never gained weight, but within 6 weeks of starting this pill I gained 20lbs. Because of that and the fact that it makes me extremely emotional and/ or moody, I will be stopping at the end of my current pack."

Kmhall12 August 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I was prescribed Cryselle for extremely heavy periods due to a fibroid tumor. The bleeding I experienced not only interfered with my daily life, but also caused anemia and seemed to only be getting heavier by the month. I started taking Cryselle 4 months ago - and haven't experienced any negative side effects (other than the expected break through bleeding month two, which I attributed to my body adjusting to the medication). My periods are much lighter! Also,PMS type symptoms like sore breasts and bloating have significantly decreased. I'm very pleased so far with Cryselle!"

bjg2 August 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been using Cryselle for three months now and it has been amazing!!! I used to get horrible cramps that often made me nauseous and that resulted in me missing several days of school just because of my period. Since I've been on this birth control, my period changed from 5 days to 3 days and I bleed much lighter with mild to no cramps. The first couple weeks I had some mood swings and cravings for food but it stopped after the first month. The only downside to it is it will make you feel nauseous if you take it at night and my breasts are very tender and sore during my period. But other than that A++!!!"

Juliette.14325 August 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on it for about 3 years, it works as I haven't gotten pregnant. My first 3 months were horrible with nausea and vomiting on the first 2 weeks of the pack. I take my pill at night so waking up on the first weeks of the pack was horrible. My doctor warned me of feeling 'morning sickness' but the nausea subsided after the 3 months. I still occasionally get some nausea but it's only if I missed a dose and had to take 2 on the same day. My periods are about 3 days and light. I always get it by the third day of taking the placebo pills. Some months I get cramps but they're not painful. I get PMS one week before my period, and I've noticed I get really depressed, emotional And get chin acne. I've gotten used to it so I'm okay with it."

Onthepill (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This was the first birth control I was on, I've since bounced around to three others and I'm finally back to Cryselle. I have found this to be the most consistent and dependable. It normalized my cycle and helped my bad cramps and PCOS. My acne didn't really change much, but it did help my deep cystic acne. Now I just get those clusters of tiny acne around my placebo week. If I skip it I don't get them though. All in all, I like cryselle the best out of the 4 I've been on. I've been on cryselle for about 3 years now and I don't think I'll be changing anytime soon. Especially since it's cheaper than the others.Just remember everyone is different and will react differently to every pill!"

JustAnotherWoman (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I really love this birth control, but as someone else stated, I think it might be affecting my libido. I haven't noticed any weight gain at all since I've been using this. I have been on it for over two years and really have no true complaints. My skin is completely clear during my placebo week, and relatively clear the rest of the time. But I still have some random nasty breakouts. This could just be my skin type though, and might not have anything to do with the birth control. I was on a high estrogen birth control before this, which negatively affected my mood, but I feel great on this one. I don't ever find myself feeling super moody, just my usual self. My period usually lasts 4 days, nothing bad at all. Overall, I recommend it."

tgkbecca May 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on this birth control for about 8 years so I feel I can write a fair review. I started taking birth control in high school because my cycle was so painful and heavy. I had to miss school because of cramps. As soon as I started taking this (the generic version was called something else back then) my symptoms went away. I went from a 7 day heavy painful period to a 3-4 day light period. I've always had acne and I can't say this helped tremendously when I was in high school and college, now that I'm in my mid 20s my acne is gone. I haven't noticed anything related to hormones on this pill. Yes, when my period is about to come sometimes I'll get a little more emotional than I would during other parts of the month, but that would happen even if you weren't on the pill. The only thing I've noticed is that my libido is higher during the placebo week. I think birth control might kill libido a bit. Overall if you have terrible period pains I would recommend this pill. It really saves me every month."

MaggieG33 May 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on the pill for more then a year now & I love it. I used to get really bad headaches before, horrible cramps & a heavy period twice a month. The pill changed everything no more constant headaches, no cramps or any menstrual symptoms, no acne, light flow 3-4 & no weight gain. The pills been great to me!"

Jaaaaaay April 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I gave this pill a 5 because it DID protect me from getting pregnant so the pill does the job. Pros: Easy to take. Protected me for 2 years. Did not gain any weight. Sex drive stayed normal Cons: -Constant chin acne -Bad PMS that would start a week after getting my period so I felt like I never had a break. That food craving/sore breasts/ emotional/angry feeling would pop up 2 weeks before my period even started. Basically it was 1 week of normal and the rest was all hormonal. Overall the pill does what you need it to do. Protects you from pregnancy. However, I can't take the emotions/acne so I'm on the hunt for a new pill."

Jessica Ralphs 13332 April 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I took this pill for 3 years and in those three years I THOUGHT nothing was wrong but I was really emotional and I got depressed before my periods. I thought I had just changed but as soon as I went off this pill all those things went away. Be highly aware of your emotional state before and during."

MrsLL (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on Cryselle for three, going on four months now. It is great. The only side effect I have is some dizziness. I was put on this as part of treatment for hypothyroidism, and it has resolved my hormonal imbalances. I was previously on minastrin 24 FE and I gained weight, and bled for three months straight. The day I started Cryselle, the bleeding stopped, and I have had no breakthrough bleeding whatsoever. My skin is clear, mood is good (but I am also on wellbutrin). I have energy enough to exercise six days a week and have lost 30lbs since starting this pill in the last week of December, which is exciting because I had been unable, for years, to lose this pesky thyroid weight gain. Sex drive through the roof, not pregnant."

mur354 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "My doctor put me on Cryselle after 3 years on Microgestin. I've been on Cryselle for 2 years now. I switched pills b/c of headaches, VERY tender breasts, and the pill causing zero libido (I'm not exaggerating). Cryselle improved my headaches, although I still have them they are not as bad. Breasts are also not as sore, although Cryselle caused them to grow huge. Libido is better, but only by like 10% (which is generous). Overall, my experience with Cryselle has been positive. Also, I haven't gotten pregnant so it obviously gets then job done!"

Glivas March 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was before on Trinessa, and I never had any side effects or problems. I'm on Cryselle for about 2 weeks (I had to change the pills for a while) - I have constant nausea and dizziness. I hope this goes off soon - if no, I'm stopping them."

LadyG. (taken for less than 1 month) March 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I'm 18 and have been on Cryselle for around 3 years. I have 3-4 day periods that are generally pretty light and manageable. No weight gain or mood swings, but I've suffered from acne since I hit puberty and recently realized that my skin completely clears up during my placebo pill week. I really think that the hormones in Cryselle are what's been giving me such bad skin. Although I really like everything else about this pill, I'm switching to another next week that will hopefully improve my skin."

Anna L. (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been taking cryselle for about 2-3 weeks now. It is much better than my previous birth control brand (Tri-Estarylla). My previous birth control caused weight gain, had horrible mental side effects, and caused various other problems. Using cryselle has eliminated all of these problems for me. I can't say I love it just yet, but it is definitely better. My main issue/concern is the spotting. I'll wake up in the morning and it'll look like I just came on my period. This pill also moved my cycle up. I'm used to having periods starting around the middle of the month, but this first month using the pill, it came on the 1st. I'll speak to my doctor about it, but I'm pretty content so far with this birth control."

Siri0101 February 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on Cryselle for two years now and I absolutely love it! I actually lost weight since taking the pill and have maintained this new low weight ever since. My periods used to be 8-10 days and filled with unbearable cramps and heavy bleeding. My periods are now 3-4 days and extremely light. My boobs get a little sore before I'm going to begin but that's how it's always been for me. Everyone's different. I experience little to no cramps with the pill which is amazing compared to what I used to deal with. I can remember having to stay home from school because my cramps and bleeding were so severe it would make me sick. I'm 20 years old and began taking Cryselle at 18. I highly recommend !!!"

Rachel1996 January 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been taking Cryselle for 2 years now and I love it. Haven't had any side effects and the way it helps keep my period regular is awesome. I know exactly when to expect it and how long it will last. Before Cryselle I was taking another birth control that made me nauseous, gave me headaches, and would give me 2 periods a month. I love that I found Cryselle and I will continue to use it."

Melissa M. (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Cryselle changed my life. I went from super heavy periods with unbearable cramps that lasted 6-7 days to light, painless periods that last 3 days. My mood swings are gone and I haven't had any side effects besides a decreased libido which I honestly don't mind."

crampless (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I've been taking cryselle since I was 15, I am now 21. I needed a medication to lighten my periods because I have severe anemia. Overall, I was satisfied with this birth control. I did have side effects like weight gain. I gained nearly 50 lbs over the last 7 years which isn't normal since I have a strict diet and work out every single day. My periods were still heavy at first. But during the last year and a half, my periods last 2 days and are very light like spotting. I am sexually actively, so I was worried that I may have been pregnant, but tests say otherwise. I had random acne before my periods on my chin and cheeks. I craved salty foods around the time of my period so that could be the culprit of my acne. Cramps weren't awful. There would be cramps that stopped my in my tracks but they lasted a few seconds and I was fine. It's just the normal period symptoms that are normal to have! I am currently switching to lo loestrine and have read more bad reviews than good ones. So I'm not sure that I want to go ahead and start the pack after my last dose of cryselle or not."

justme090909 (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on Cryselle for 3 years. It's the best birth control that ever has controlled my period. Light, never heavy, sometimes so light you don't have to wear anything except a liner. I'll start on Thursday be off by late Saturday with spotting on Sunday. Before, I'd bleed for two weeks straight. But the side effects of this pill are horrible. Everything starts two weeks before, severe breast tenderness, uncontrollable mood swings, nausea, headaches, and slight stomach pains that aren't cramps. If you can bare all of the symptoms and have short periods then Cryselle is for you if not then you should pass."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 27, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on cryselle for about 6 years, never had a problem. No side effects never experienced a headache (but I never get headaches prior) periods always come on the 3rd placebo pill day and last 2 days and the 3rd day is spotting. No crazy hormones and no acne AT ALL. The first pack u will experience nausea as any birth control pill because the hormones but should subside by the second pack. I did stop taking the pills after about 5 1/2 years when I noticed my vaginal mucus started smelling funky for about 2 months, when I stopped birth controll completely it went away and then I had a baby, just finished my first pack of cryselle post pregnancy and the same smell is back. Maybe I was on it for too long though! Hope this helps"

Kingsmomma (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 2, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "On the third pack and bleeding has yet to stop. Sometimes the bleeding is actually lighter on the week of my period."

DMH81 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 19, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I first took cryselle when I was 15 and I had the worst side effects. break through bleeding, headaches, anxiety attacks, weight gain,and my periods lasted 2 weeks. Got on it again when I was 18 and had Little side effects! My periods are a little heavier and hurt a bit more, and have very sore boobs other than that it's a charm. No pregnancy"

DD1234853 October 19, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Severe constipation started within 2 days after I started this pill (had been on low ovral for years prior, but currently unavailable), acne followed, and now 5lb weight gain in past 3 weeks. The stomach craps are so painful (constipation-related) that I am completely distracted throughout the day, every day now. I cannot wait to finish cycle and move on to another pill. I've taken many different types of pills in the past 20 years...never had a single issue of any sort until this one."

Wendy M (taken for less than 1 month) October 7, 2016