User Reviews for Cryselle

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
4.3

Summary of Cryselle reviews 5.5 153 reviews

Reviews for Cryselle

For Birth Control "I just finished the first month of this birth control. After taking tri sprintec for years I started developing ovarian cysts that would make having sex painful. My doctor suggested switching my birth control to help with the cysts. Well, after 3 weeks of taking cryselle my ultrasound showed no cysts which was great but my side effects have been rough. I immediately became moody and even paranoid. I felt like everyone was out to get me. I have been very bloated and very gassy. The worst has been the headaches. Especially on the last week of pills which I just completed it was daily severe headaches. My Dr. Switched me to Mircette and I took first pill last night. Hopefully this will be a better experience."

Mandy (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 3, 2018

For Birth Control "Side effects: Migraine High blood pressure Depression Fatigue Irritability"

Bskso (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2018

For Birth Control "I am currently on the hunt for a birth control (BC) that doesn't impact on my libido as much. My OBGYN recommended this one after a year of being off BC. I have been trying other BCs. She gave me three months supply and told me that it takes a month for my body to get use to it. Boy, let me tell you! If you are even remotely depressed or struggle with anxiety, steer clear of this BC. After taking this for a month, I was 10x more depressed, and really dark thoughts were emerging, and my anxiety was high. I can say, I stopped taking it four days ago , and I feel so much better! I already made my appointment for next week."

Crystal (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 30, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been using Cryselle for about 6 years now and I have had a great experience all in all. I originally started the pill because I had unbelievably horrible cramps every cycle that started a few days before my period and continued for four days after. It's a 28-day pill so the only difficult part of the drug is just remembering to take it at the same time every day in order for the contraceptive aspect to be effective. I never really had skin problems so I'm not sure how Cryselle affects skin but it definitely didn't cause any skin problems once I started taking in it; my skin is still mostly clear. Of course I'm not sure how effective it is as a contraceptive but considering I did have unprotected sex a few times while on the pill, I never had any pregnancy scares. In general, I'd recommend Cryselle to anyone looking for the birth control pill."

batcqf778 (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 10, 2018

For Birth Control "I took cryselle for a month and I started seeing double and feeling like garbage all the time so I got off of it"

Pooh (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2018

For Birth Control "I would not recommend this pill. I've been on this pill for for 5 years and at the beginning it was okay to use for my acne and to use for regular periods but over time my acne comes back horribly I have severe anxiety and I hyperventilate. I absolutely have no sex drive. It's been making me beat myself up. My mind goes crazy all the time overthinking. I have extreme anxiety and depression and I have crazy mood swings. I realize that I've been changing the way that I am and being angry for small things or I cry for super small things. I've also been having chest pains that I read is a side effect I would not recommend this pill and I'm deciding to go off as soon as my pack is up. I would not recommend it long term"

Mrswaffles (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 4, 2018

For Birth Control "I started cryselle as my first birth control drug. When I started, I bled on and off for about a month. After that, everything was great. Very regular periods lasting about 5 days with only 1-2 “heavy” days. Just experienced the normal teenage acne problems, nothing out of the ordinary. No cramps. Some weight gain but was also a part of growing out of adolescence. I’m 20 now and had to switch pills because over the past year, periods have gone down to about 3 days with very light cycles and have had pre-hypertension for about 2 years. Now my blood pressure qualifies for hypertension so I switched in hopes it would come down. Also experienced breakthrough bleeding of brown discharge for two weeks straight. Assuming it was a lot of old blood that had accumulated. After switching, my body has finally let go of all that old blood (there was a lot) so just be mindful of that. Was on this pill for about 4 years and it was a good run"

Nik (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 3, 2018

For Endometriosis "I used to take tri-Sprintec but after 3 months didn’t work any more cause I started bleeding to much. So my Gynaecologist gave me Cryselle. After the second pill I woke up at 2:30am with a terrible stomach ache. I never felt that kind of pain, and I do have gastritis, it was awful. In one week I had 3 of this episode and it was a stomach cramp. I felt like I was dying. Horrible side effect."

Denisse (taken for less than 1 month) July 28, 2018

For Birth Control "This was the first pill I have ever been on. IT IS HORRIBLE ! It made my acne so bad, I never have had a bad outbreak in my life my skin use to be super clear. I have had the same breakout for 2 months now and it has not gone away. I have bought better face skin products was attempting to help it and still it hasn’t done anything for my skin, I wash twice a day and my acne is still there. I also never experienced cramps before taking Criselle and this pill gave me cramps which is actually horrible, i wouldn’t suggest this pill to anyone ! It made me get super emotional and sad and I would find myself crying over super dumb things or sometimes even over nothing. I once cried because my boyfriend didn’t text me back. Honestly worst pill ever, I have 2 and a half weeks left of this pill until I can switch and I haven’t been happier. Thank goodness ! I DO NOT SUGGEST USING THIS PILL."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 24, 2018

For Birth Control "This was my first birth control pill I ever took. I wanted to start birth control to help my really irregular periods. I was probably 16. I was on it for awhile and then switched to a different one to help acne, but switched back because I felt this was a better fit for me. Now years later of been it ever since and it definitely does it’s job of preventing pregnancy, but I’m finally starting to realize why I’ve felt so emotionally and mentally miserable. I was one day away from scheduling an appointment to get anxiety medication before I looked up these reviews. On top of the constipation and stomach aches, this pill has sent my anxiety and mood swings through the roof. I’m annoyed at any little thing, I cry so much I can’t control it, extremely irritable, irrational thoughts I can’t control, and a constant lack of energy. My sleep has been so bad, I can’t stay asleep to save my life, and sometimes I just feel like I’m mentally going crazy. I wouldn’t recommend this"

leelafut July 23, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on this pill for a little more than a year and was never pleased with it. I was on it for my acne and it did not help, in fact it only made it worse. I did experience negative side effects including anxiety and mood swings. I should have gotten off that pill sooner, but I wanted to give it a fair chance. Needless to say this medicine was not for me."

Taffy (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 17, 2018

For Birth Control "Definitely not the right pill for me. I have absolutely noticed an increase in appetite since going on it (feeling hungry all the time, occasionally binge eating), which has caused me to gain weight. Then while taking the placebo at the end of the month, I noticed that I had no appetite at all. Sex also does not interest me at all anymore because of this pill, and I have noticed that I am a little more anxious in general since going on it."

lvr (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 15, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on Crystelle for years before I had children and it was wonderful! I went back on it a year after baby #3 and this time around I had 4 to 5 day migraines the week of my period. I stuck with it for 4 months to see if they would go away but they never did. I suppose my body changed, which is a bummer because this one worked so well for so long prior. No complaints from the previous years I took it."

aubelle (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 26, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on this for a year, they told me this birth control helped with acne so I listened. I noticed my skin was getting worse but I always suffered from acne since I was 13. I noticed a change in my behavior, I would get angry a lot, cried more. I recently decided to stop taking this medicine to do an experiment to see if anything would change when I stopped. My acne has completely cleared up now I'm off it I just have a zit here and there. I'm also happier, not as tired. I even went to my dermatologist and she said she's never heard of this birth control to help with acne which is really weird. So for anyone who is deciding to try this as there birth control I wouldn't recommend it, especially if you're using it for an acne regiment. I have seen people comment that they have tried this for a month and noticed more acne, and some people were saying that's because there body didn't get used to it yet. Well I'm here to say that I was on this for almost two years and I had the exact same issues the whole time."

Ally June 15, 2018

For Birth Control "I have taken Cryselle for nearly eight years now. I was prescribed this birth control when I became sexually active. It's purpose was to control my abnormally heavy flow and to prevent pregnancy. For the last three years, I have been miserable. I did not believe that my worsening anxiety and depression were caused by my hormones, much less the prescription that I had taken for seven years. My blood pressure has been recorded at very high levels. My sweating is excessive and I have panic attacks regularly. My anxiety has never been so out of control and I have withdrawn from my friends and family because of my uncontrollable mood swings. I have turned into an impulsive, irritable and unhappy woman out of nowhere and I need a different hormone therapy as soon as possible. If you experience worsened depression with this medication, please do not wait like me. Everyone's body is different. Go speak with your doctor."

seniorsister (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 30, 2018

For Birth Control "This is the worst birth control I have ever taken. Dr prescribed me this to prevent pregnancy / treat cramps. I have always had horrible menstrual cramps but this has only made them worse. Every month I have debilitating cramps, headaches, bloating, mood swings. My periods are shorter and lighter but that's about the only positive point I can give to this brand. Makes me feel nauseas, light headed, and crampy in between periods. Wouldn't recommend this to anyone!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 10, 2018

For Birth Control "Terrible went on Crystelle for acne but it made it 100 times worse!! I had these small bumps all over my face and my face hurt to the touch it was so raw and dry and it just kept breaking out. Was on this for 3 months and once I switched to tri-sprintec my acne cleared it took 2 months because of how bad this pill messed everything up. On cryselle I gained like 13 pounds in a span of 3 months. Also it made my periods horribly painful long and heavy which they were never before the only thing this pill did was regulate my periods but made them terrible. Do not go on this pill if you have acne or acne prone skin"

Faith (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 5, 2018

For Birth Control "I had been on this pills for 10 months at first it was fine but then my mood swings change like crazy. Made me really psychotic and depressed for no reasons at all. It made my skin very dry and dull, my appetite also decreased. I didn't have any acne though and my period was very light which is bonus. I stopped using it few months ago and I feel like normal again. On another pill now hoping to work this time."

Caliluv (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 23, 2018

For Birth Control "I’m 21 and have been on cryselle since I was a junior in high school. I initially started it because I was having bad period cramps and clotting. I would pass out from blood loss and pain. Cryselle has completely eliminated all cramps and heavy blood flow. My periods only last 4-5 days! I love it! I also had no side effects"

Rb (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 22, 2018

For Birth Control "I’m 24 and I’ve been taking this pill for almost 9 years. It is wonderful, I’ve never had a bad side effect. People writing negative reviews clearly have just started taking or only for a few months and their bodies have not adjust or reacted well to the hormone shift. This could happen with any drug as people’s bodies react differently. But do not be afraid!"

Nataytay March 21, 2018

For Birth Control "I was one of those girls who has anxiety over trying new medicines. I looked up everything online and got scared easily. However, I have been on Cryselle for four years now. And I love it. A lot of people share the negative stories behind it but I want to share my good experience. I have not gained weight from this drug at all, no mood swings or anything like that. My periods went from being 7-8 days of hell, to 4-5 days of livable periods. The only downside (and this isn't even that bad) is that my breasts have become more tender a few days before my period. Thats it. No crazy cramps or bad blood clots. This was the first birth control I tried and it worked well for me. Everyone reacts different, but I wanted to share my good experience and possibly get rid of some girls anxiety about this pill."

BrookeAlise March 19, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on cryselle for two months and my overall experience has been pretty decent. The last birth control I was on made me extremely nauseous all the time. Cryselle, in my case, has only 2 cons. I have extremely sore breast and I have a more acne."

unicornlover0629 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 23, 2018

For Birth Control "At first this pill was wonderful. I experienced after a few months that I was super depressed & sad over nothing. Mood swings constantly and stomach pains all the time on and off my cycle. I became so sad I started having horrible anxiety and then panic attacks on the regular. I cried one to two times weekly over nothing & my relationship started to get sour because of the roller coaster moods. Severe headaches and nausea right after I stopped taking the pill for my cycle and cramps so horrible I couldn't stand. I was also so tired and had no sex drive. I was unable to enjoy an orgasm because it took so long for me to have one I would give up. I always had a high sex drive this caused more sadness and anxiety for me. I went on the website and had every side effect at least once and decided it was time to get off the pill. This isn't how a young 24 year old should feel. Please read the side effects asap and do not take this pill any longer if you start to have these same side effects."

Sadgirllll February 19, 2018

For Birth Control "I just began week 3 of my pack. This has been the absolute worst experience side effect wise I've ever had. I've used other BC pills, had Mirena, the depo shot, and also used the patch over the last 17 years. No problems from ANY of them except this awful medication. In 3 weeks I have gained 15 pounds (3 of those 15 were gained the first day taking my first pill. I ate maybe 1,200 calories and did 45 mins of cardio that day so I know.... I have psychotic mood swings, and it has interfered with my sleep so badly that I have to take SEVEN Tylenol PM to fall asleep. I am on no other meds, and have no health problems. It is so bad I'm considering quitting taking it a week early. If you're reading this and considering taking this med please, DON'T!"

Kristin Luttrell (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2018

For Birth Control "I never would recommend. Its only prevented pregnancy. I've had every worse side a effect. Ever since I started it I've bled so heavy for over a month. I feel like I'm sick n dizzy from blood loss. I have major headaches and episodes of crying. Episodes of anger, depression, irritation frustration like a psycho. I'm not myself at all. I'm in such a dark places. I can't take it! It's ruining my life. I've never been so mad and sad in my life. Uncontrollably miserable in and out everyday. If I'm not raging annoyed for small stuff I'm blank blah and annoyed and I mentally breakdown every other day. I'm switching to ortho tri cyclen. Something about cryselle will make you cry forever. If you want to be negative all the time, just plain miserable, n unpleasant to be around or want to be a psycho this pills for u. I can't believe how horrible this is."

Scarybitch (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 7, 2018