User Reviews for Cryselle to treat Birth Control

Cryselle has an average rating of 5.1 out of 10 from a total of 170 ratings for the treatment of Birth Control. 36% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 45% reported a negative effect.

Cryselle Rating Summary

5.1/10 average rating

Compare all 278 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Cryselle

Mon. · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 21, 2019

“I have been on this medication for years and I am switching to a new one to have a period every 3 months. I googled the new one and got freaked out because of all the negative reviews, so I thought I would google the one I am on now. I have had no issues with it at all. No moodiness, no anxiety, no acne, no weight gain. It works like a dream. My periods were awful before Cryselle and this helped it so much. So this is for all those out there looking up google reviews and freaking out like I did. Trust your doctor, give it a try, if you notice bad symptoms talk to them. You should never stay on a medication for close to a year if it is no good. It does not take your body that long to regulate. I hope this post is helpful. ”

buckeye11 · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 28, 2020

“When I first started this birth control, I was extremely skeptical considering all of the reviews seemed to be negative. Prior to trying Cryselle, I was on 5 other birth control pills but had bad reactions to all of them. Severe acne, anxiety, depression, and non-stop spotting were some of the side effects I had on other pills. When I tried Cryselle, I had the best results yet. Light, little to no periods, no weight gain, no acne, no changes in mood. The first few weeks I felt a little fatigued, but it went away after a month or two. If you are skeptical about going on this birth control, I recommend giving it a go. It was definitely worth it, and it's been the best birth control I've ever been on, with no noticeable side effects.”

Lena · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 19, 2021

“I’ve been taking this birth control for a year now. It is so not for me. My hair is falling out in clumps, my anxiety is terrible, I sometimes get 2-3 periods a month, and I’m getting acne in places I’ve never had acne. Not to mention I don’t usually gain so much weight but I’ve gained more in this year than I ever have. 1/10 for effort, but if your doctor recommends this, RUN!”

LizH · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 29, 2019

“I’ve been on Cryselle 28 for a while, at least 4 years probably even longer. I went on birth control originally because I had really heavy, long periods with intense cramps. My first birth control (BC) pill stopped helping after I had been on it for a while which is when I was put on Cryselle and I’ve been on it ever since. My periods are regulated and come at the same exact time every month, I get slight cramping here and there but nothing bad, it’s done it’s job in preventing pregnancy, I haven’t had any skin issues or noticed any changes in my mental health. When taking all of these reviews into consideration I suggest that in order to find a BC that’s best suited for you and your body, discuss the options with your gyno and try them out for yourself because your body may react to the medication in a completely different way than somebody else’s, as we can see from the wide variation of reviews.”

Birth control · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 31, 2020

“I’m so glad I found this page with so many Cryselle reviews to see I wasn’t alone. I’m a generally happy person, but once I started taking this birth control I started to experience VERY severe depression, anxiety and I was very moody. I even considered seeing a psychiatrist because of how horrible I started feeling. Everyone around me noticed the changes in me. Seeing everyone else’s reviews helped me and encouraged me to change my birth control after seeing I wasn’t the only one experiencing this.”

BrookeAlise March 19, 2018

“I was one of those girls who has anxiety over trying new medicines. I looked up everything online and got scared easily. However, I have been on Cryselle for four years now. And I love it. A lot of people share the negative stories behind it but I want to share my good experience. I have not gained weight from this drug at all, no mood swings or anything like that. My periods went from being 7-8 days of hell, to 4-5 days of livable periods. The only downside (and this isn't even that bad) is that my breasts have become more tender a few days before my period. Thats it. No crazy cramps or bad blood clots. This was the first birth control I tried and it worked well for me. Everyone reacts different, but I wanted to share my good experience and possibly get rid of some girls anxiety about this pill.”

Anonymous November 6, 2011

“This pill has done nothing but cause me problems. My skin is oily, I have really bad mood swings, I have gained 6 pounds and I'm constantly crying over any little thing. I find a reason to argue with my boyfriend over ANYTHING. I'm seriously thinking about stopping the pill.”

ccfLALA November 18, 2013

“I am 25 and began taking Cryselle for birth control. I've had oily skin and moderate acne since puberty. I've been using topical medicines to treat my acne for two years. The first month taking Cryselle, I broke out horribly the week of my period. We're talking the worst pimples I've ever had- the kind that throb when you bend over. The second month, I had no break out. I have not had a single blemish in the past 4 months of taking Cryselle. Mood swings are mild to unnoticeable. Even though there may be lots of ladies with bad experiences with this birth control, don't be afraid to try it. Cryselle has turned out to be very good for me and cleared my skin. Just be patient, give it at least 2 months before quitting.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 19, 2013

“I was given this pill as a second option because I felt the other pill I was taking was causing me to gain weight. I notice that with this pill I was not happy. Not with the pill, but my personality drastically changed. I was moody, irritable, emotional and down right a pain to be around. I have stopped taking it a week ago, just to see if my mood would improve, and it has. I would say stay away from this pill if you are under stress, as it will add to that negative side of your life.”

This pill sucks March 24, 2013

“I have been taking this pill for about 7 months now and I thought that all the side effects it was giving me was something else so I just ignored them. Until now, when I finally hit it on the head and realized all my weird mood swings and everything are from this pill. I'm going to my doctor to switch. Every day I'm so depressed and want to cry all the time. I've lost interest in social activities and some days all I can do is lay in bed all day from fatigue and exhaustion over doing nothing. My skin is extremely oily and my hair that was once very thick is falling out. The smallest things irritate me and on my period it feels like the world is ending. I have difficulties breathing, dizzy spells, huge cravings for junk food. ”

YR · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 10, 2014

“Today marks the second month I've been on this pill. In the beginning it was fine except that my face was breaking out really bad. I thougth I would deal with that until about a week or so ago I started getting terrible mood swings. I can't stand the person who sits next to me at work I can't stand my boyfriend, my friends anyone. I thought I was just having a bad week until the past two days I couldn't stop crying and would randomly burst out crying in public places! I called my DR and she told me to get off the pill immediately. I will sign back on and let you know how I feel a week from now!”

AVB!! · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 11, 2013

“I absolutely love this birth control pill, worked great for me. I had no weight gain, I had regular/short period with no cramps! It also helped a lot with my acne, while on the pill, I had no acne and very clear skin, but now that I'm off I wish I was still on the pill just for that reason.”

Mandy12345 August 4, 2014

“I was on Lo-Ogesteral and was very happy with it but my doctor stopped carrying it and prescribed me Cryselle saying it was the same thing. I've been on it for almost 6 months now and am just as happy as I was with Lo-Ogestral. My period used to be really heavy and lasted a week before I was on birth control. Now it lasts 5 days and is pretty light to moderate depending on which day I'm on in my cycle, never heavy. No break through bleeding, no crying jags, no acne, no weight gain. The only thing that happens to me is the first few days of a new pack I get nauseous after taking the pill. But I get nauseous easily.”

Hannah February 24, 2020

“I’ve been using this medicine Cryselle for almost two months. I cry or I am mad 24/7. I’m also having really severe cramping which didn’t start till around my 2/3 week of taking them. If I don’t eat I get nauseous but don’t throw up. Also, my skin is breaking out like it’s never have before. It’s making me think I’m pregnant which is making everything worse but I’ve gotten my period so I think I’m fine.”

Shay_p May 2, 2014

“I can't rate this a 10, because nothing works perfectly. But this is the best birth control that I have been on this far. I am 26 years old and I have been on 2 birth control pills previously that had not worked out nearly as well as Cryselle. I developed as I was taking the other birth control pills, many ovarian cysts which led to spotting and constant pain. I also rarely got my period, even while taking the placebo pills. My doctor switched me to this and I regularly get a period now and have little to no pain. For me, this is the best thing that has happened to me.”

One moody mama · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 5, 2013

“I have been taking this pill since May. For months now I have been feeling achy and nauseous. Just recently I started having meltdowns at work over nothing. Crying spells. It wasn't until I was about to throw the pamphlet away when I decided to read the side effects. Under Severe allergic reaction it states severe mood swings, depression, loss of appetite. I'm suffering from all of them. ”

Anonymous June 13, 2019

“This pill Crystelle is downright terrible. I could not give a more honest opinion. Yes, it does it’s job of protecting you from pregnancy, but the side effects are NOT worth it. I’ve been taking it a year and a half now and not once in my life have I ever had acne until this pill. My face feels like a gravel road because my skin is so haggard. So that right there has ruined my self confidence, and on top of that I’m more depressed than I’ve ever felt in my whole life. Constant mood swings. I feel fat, pimple ridden, moody, and all around awful. But hey, at least I’m not pregnant. Totally not worth it ladies.”

Anonymous February 4, 2012

“I have had a fantastic experience with Cryselle. I take the pill before I go to bed every night, and have never had a side effect. I have been on Cryselle for 26 months, and have never gotten pregnant. Prior to taking Cryselle, my cycle was random and rarely hit at the same time each month, but since being on the birth control, my cycle is constant. I highly recommend this birth control.”

tlr1978 May 10, 2011

“I have been on Lo/Ovral since I was 18. I was taking the other generic, Low-Ogestrel, up until last month. The pharmacy switched generics. Ever since I started taking the Cryselle I have cramps constantly and always feel bloated.”

Hannah · Taken for less than 1 month January 24, 2020

“I got put on Crystelle birth control about 2-3 weeks ago. My anxiety and depression has been so bad I constantly feel like something bad is going to happen. At first I thought it was because of stress from other things. But, I'm also getting bad migraines everyday and around the same time everyday I feel nauseous and dizzy like I'm going to throw up but I don't. It's making me think I'm pregnant sometimes which is making my anxiety so much worse.”

Lizzie V. March 4, 2014

“I switched to Cryselle two months ago because my periods were very heavy on my old birth control. Since switching to Cryselle, my periods are very light, I have very little cramping, my face has been clearer and I have been headache free. I wish that I had switched sooner.”

Sarah Knowels July 20, 2016

“Most of these reviews aren't so good and most of the reviewers aren't giving their body enough time to adjust to the hormones. Your body is trying to get used to the pill so that's why during the first month you may get some unpleasant side effects like mood swing and acne.. I had nightmares for the first 3 weeks sore breasts after that and acne breakouts. My first period on Cryselle was horrible, the cramps were awful but everyone's different. I'm still going to give my body the opportunity to adjust to cryselle. If youre having some unpleasant side effects while on Cryselle talk to your doctor especially if its something serious. But don't be quick to give up the pill because of things like acne and sore breasts. Things can improve!”

Anonymous July 5, 2013

“I was terrified of starting birth control due to the horror stories I had heard from other women in the past. I am a small person, and due to this, I had very irregular periods. I would suffer from premenstrual syndrome for weeks on end before my period would actually start. Most times, I would have to take a Progestin supplement to actually get my period. This started happening more and more often and started really affecting my life. I spoke to my doctor and she put me on Cryselle. This has changed my life. It's been 3 and 1/2 months and I have had no side effects, no weight gain and my period is regular/short every month. It's given me the positive change I needed so badly!”

~ · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 20, 2019

“(18F) Before starting this Cryselle, I had 7-8 day long periods with awful cramps (to the point of passing out). To make a future point, I also had zero acne and no family history of acne. About a month in, my acne got so bad I never considered the cause was Cryselle (Norgestrel 0.3mg, ethinyl estradiol 0.30mg) . My periods were so light and only lasted 2 days. Never had any cramps and I felt like I could live my life. But my acne was all over my body and it hurt to even put glasses on. After a year on antibiotics for the acne (which helped a lot), the acne came back when my only medication was this birth control. Finally, after 1.5 years, I switched to Sprintec (Norgestimate 0.25mg, ethinyl estradiol 0.035mg)instead is has a different type of progestin and slightly more estradiol. Now, my acne is completely gone. When I read reviews saying the medication has no effect on acne, don’t always trust them. Was even told this by my doctor. Make sure to pay close attention to changes in your body. Also gained 35 pounds very quickly.”

GEETTTT IIITTTTTT November 17, 2011

“I have been taking this pill for 3 months and it has been great so far. My periods are lighter and I hardly have any cramping, when before they were horrible. (Really!) It has made me less moody during my periods, which my boyfriend finds amazing and it has also made the sex better in our relationship. Besides the slight weight gain, this pill has been exceptionally good to me and will continue to take it.”