User Reviews for Cryselle

Learn more about Cryselle.

Cryselle Rating Summary

5.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 240 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Cryselle to treat Birth Control

"Breakthrough bleeding all month for almost two years, extreme irritability, to the point that I came here to read others' moods when on this drug. Also, the PMS symptoms last all month long. I am only level headed when it's the week off. No sex drive, bloating, cramping, nausea, fatigue and really greasy hair. I am going to ask for a new pill. I tried to stay on this pill, but, it's bad in every way."

Anonymous September 21, 2016

"I was on Cryselle for about 6 years. I had severe fatigue and lack of energy, was physically exhausted and drained no matter how much sleep I got, my hair was falling out like crazy, I had water retention and headaches, I was irritable and moody and I had extremely low sex drive. I eat healthy, exercise regularly, and have had my thyroid and blood sugar checked, as well as blood tests for anemia, etc, all came back normal. The fatigue and lack of energy was what really bothered me and after doing my own research I discovered this can all be related to my BC. I'm now trying a new pill. Each person is different so what may work for someone may not work for someone else. The positives were my periods were very light and I did not get pregnant."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 15, 2016

"This is my second time around of being on it and it's way worse than the first time. Well, at least the first month was HORRIBLE and when I say horrible I mean horrible. My period had came way too early, it came like the second week starting the pills, lasted the rest of the month, cramps were so bad that they woke me up out of a dead sleep every 1-2 hours, nothing helped to ease the pain. Happened more at night but I had them during the day as well. It was that bad I almost had to call off work and I'm the type that never calls off, I'd have to be dying. Now I'm almost through my second month, it's going A LOT better! This month was better than last. I suggest to give it time, let it run it's course even if it gets horrible like mine did."

Little J September 5, 2016

"Was on this pill for two years. Gained about 15 pounds, had cystic acne around my periods, and my mood swings were unbelievable. I would find myself getting so angry and irritated at everyone and everything for absolutely no reason. Perks were I didn't get pregnant and my periods were short and light, with no cramping. This was my 6th pill I tried and after this I gave up and switched to an IUD. Couldn't be happier."

collegestudent2016 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 30, 2016

"I have had an awful experience on this pill. I switched to it 9 months ago, and since then I've gained about 15 lbs. It's given me terrible acne and headaches. I'm waiting for a different pill now, I can't wait to be off of this stuff. Everyone has different reactions to different BC's, but I would highly suggest using a different one if you can."

RileyLeigh (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 23, 2016

"I have been on Cryselle for about a year now and I could never understand why I was feeling so depressed, irritable, and down. After I stopped taking them I didn't have those issues anymore so you do the Math. If you don't want to feel like you're breaking down mentally, I would not recommend this product."

Nicety83 (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 3, 2016

"Most of these reviews aren't so good and most of the reviewers aren't giving their body enough time to adjust to the hormones. Your body is trying to get used to the pill so that's why during the first month you may get some unpleasant side effects like mood swing and acne.. I had nightmares for the first 3 weeks sore breasts after that and acne breakouts. My first period on Cryselle was horrible, the cramps were awful but everyone's different. I'm still going to give my body the opportunity to adjust to cryselle. If youre having some unpleasant side effects while on Cryselle talk to your doctor especially if its something serious. But don't be quick to give up the pill because of things like acne and sore breasts. Things can improve!"

Sarah Knowels July 20, 2016

"I've been on multiple different bc pills because I always end up getting breakthrough bleeding after 8 months or so. This pill I've been on the longest 2 years and I just started experiencing the breakthrough bleeding 4 months ago. It would start around my second week of pills and I would begin with all the pms symptom first.. Swollen breast, bloating, mood swings... Then I would have spotting for a day or two. The spotting would go away but the pms symptoms would stay until I got my period at the scheduled time. So the bloating and swollen, tender breast for 3 weeks out of the month got old so my doctor switched me to aleese. I've yet to try it. But over all I didn't have a bad experience with cryselle. I would highly recommend it."

Kkkkkkkkkkk (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 19, 2016

"I've been on Cryselle for 2.5 months now. I've had acne all my life and had finally gotten it under control before starting Cryselle. It's out of control again. Additionally, I've had some serious anxiety/depression/mood swings. I cry all the time and have irrational obsessive/anxious thoughts. The benefits definitely did not outweigh the costs. My GYN is switching my prescription."

DeborahHH July 8, 2016

"I feel like, based on all these reviews you either love it or you hate it. This works wonders for me. The first inactive week, the first period o had on it was HORRIBLE. But after that as my body adjust it really helped. Also I know it's terrible but when I was younger I had unprotected sex and I never worried because I always get my period on the 3rd-4th day of the inactive. Been on them for about three years now, would recommend if you have very little medical history to worry about."

QueenVee (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 4, 2016

"I started this birth control completely fine the first week. After the first week I started bleeding bad and continued to take the pill. I had been bleeding for 3 months straight while on cryselle"

Axmas (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 4, 2016

"This pill is honestly so terrible. The first week I began taking it, I started to break out all over my face with extremely painful cystic acne. It was uncontrollable. As soon as I started to take the inert pills, my face cleared up. Also this has caused me to form a fibroadenoma in my breast, and I have an extremely extensive family history of breast cancer in young women. I'm only 20 years old and I have fibrocystic breast disease, and I've been on just about every birth control on the market. If you have this condition as well STAY AWAY from this drug at all costs."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 30, 2016

"No complaints here. BEST BC I've ever been on!"

Veelove26 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 26, 2016

"The first three weeks on cryselle were pretty awful. I had headaches and stomach pain constantly. But after the first three weeks, all of that ended & now I take it without any issues. As long as you get through those three weeks & stick it out it's awesome! I've lost weight, my periods are light and short & my acne is gone. Definitely recommend this! Just push through those first three weeks!"

Alexiedm June 17, 2016

"I swear this pill made me so anxious. I would have so many panic attacks and always feeling the worst was about to happen. It always got better on the period week...the week not on the pill (obvi). I don't know....I don't recommend this pill to someone who may struggle with anxiety or depression. I did perfectly fine on Ortho Tri Cycline other than I had switched due to the irritability I felt. I then realized, I'd rather be a grump than always going in panic mode."

AJT96 June 7, 2016

"I have been on this pill twice now. The first time I was in it I used it for 6 months and my doctor decided to take me off of it for some time because I began having breakthrough bleeding and periods as long as if not longer than before I was on the pill and just as painful. After some time on anther pill my doctor reccomended that I go back on it and see how things went the second time around. I have been on it for 6 more months and nothing has changed since the last time. The first few periods were fine and like normal without the pill but again I began to bleed randomly and the pain became worse as well as my normal periods lengthening and becoming heavier."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 24, 2016

"Horrible absolutely horrible. I was on low ogesteral and my pharmacy just switched it to cryselle one day. Within a week a felt depressed and withdrawn and completely not myself. I felt like and would cry at the drop of a dime for no given reason. I barely made it threw one pack before I came off and actually spent a month off birth control until I could get an appointment to get a new pill. I am very sensitive to estrogen so it is possibly that I am an exception but I have never had this experience on other birth control pills."

Britt27c (taken for less than 1 month) May 4, 2016

"This pill makes me taste and smell this nasty sour milk taste all the time. I cannot get rid of it, it makes me so nauseous that the thought of taking it nauseates me already. I get so sick off of it, been on it for over two years and symptoms of nausea never subsided. It has also completely taken away my sex drive, only reason I know this is because once my ex and I broke up I got off of it for four months and I was super horny, so uncontrollably horny, I wanted sex at all hours, but upon going back on it, I have zero desire for it. I've missed many days on this pill, because I rather just not take it, that's how gross it is and sick it makes me feel which obviously reduces its effects. If you can get another, please do."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 17, 2016

"I have been on Cryselle for a year and 1 month and I love it. I used to get the worst acne on my chin but my face cleared up for the most part while on Cryselle.The first 1-2 weeks on it I was kind of nauseated and threw up once on the first week. I was irritable a bit the first 2 weeks. And my first period on it was painful. I started Cryselle because I had unpredictable painful periods & it really has worked my periods are light and only last 3-4 days. Almost no cramping, sometimes none. Plus I know when I'm getting my period and I'm able to make sure I am not on my period on important an important events. Plus it has protected me from getting pregnant ever since i became sexually active. First month is tough, after that it's amazing!"

Anonymous March 14, 2016

"I have been on this pill for 9 months after pregnancy, I don't feel that I've gained any weight. Although I eat well and recently within 2 months went back to the gym. The worst part about this BC is the break through bleeding, for weeks at a time. Skipping periods...my cycle is most definitely unregulated since the 1st month. I haven't gotten pregnant so that's great, but my husband and I are losing our sex life. I want to change, but I dislike when hormones are messed up."

Wendy J (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 10, 2016

"Bad: I took it for about a year, then it gave me bad acne that automatically cleared away when I took a 2 week break from it, and automatically came back when I got back on it. It has also make my hair so dry, frail and frizzy regardless of how good I take care of it. My blood pressure, anxiety and mood swings also fluctuated when I was on and off this pill. Good: makes my periods ultra light, almost never cramp. Haven't gotten pregnant. Overall I would not recommend it if you can be on something else."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 25, 2016

"I've been on this birth control near 6 months. In the begin I got it wasn't awful I did experience mood swings at first and break through bleeding. The longer I have been on it the more consistent it's almost as if I have my period 3 weeks on and one week off. It has made me severely irritable to put it nicely and because I have been bleeding so much my sex drive has also suffered. I would not recommend this birth control to anybody. In my opinion it's awful."

E724 January 27, 2016

"I started taking this birth control almost 2 years ago. I was very nauseous for the first few weeks but it subsided and seemed to be going great! A few months ago, I missed one pill and took 2 within a few hours of each other and ended up throwing up (my own fault). Lately, I have been struggling with horrible anxiety (18 years old about to leave for college) and I have had awful nausea and low sex drive with my boyfriend. I am not sure if these are symptoms of my birth control or just anxiety. Around the time my period tracker says I'm ovulating, my discharge seems to be very thick and mucus like. I'm not sure this is normal. Otherwise, absolutely affordable and seems to be reliable!"

Kbae January 22, 2016

"I have been on this pill for 3 months now & I have to say it has been awful!! I do not feel like myself, I'm really irritable, angry, depressed, & my sex drive is GONE. I've been working out daily & eating right & still gaining weight. I've also got awful period acne breakouts on Cryselle. The only positive things are that the pill does it's job and my periods are 4 days max (they're also light)."

bcbabe January 14, 2016

"I've been on this pill about 8 months now. It's my 3rd birth control. Tricyclics give me bad migraines and I was on minastrin before this. Minastrin always made me really sad for no reason, too nauseous to eat, very moody and depressed and had no period. Cryselle was such a big turnaround for me. I'm back to my normal happy self, periods only last 1-2 days rarely any cramping. Only thing I noticed was a little bit of weight gain but that could also be from switching as the last birth control made me too sick to eat half the time."

strays21 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 5, 2016