User Reviews for Cryselle

Cryselle Rating Summary

5.6/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 269 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Cryselle to treat Birth Control

"I was on this for a year, they told me this birth control helped with acne so I listened. I noticed my skin was getting worse but I always suffered from acne since I was 13. I noticed a change in my behavior, I would get angry a lot, cried more. I recently decided to stop taking this medicine to do an experiment to see if anything would change when I stopped. My acne has completely cleared up now I'm off it I just have a zit here and there. I'm also happier, not as tired. I even went to my dermatologist and she said she's never heard of this birth control to help with acne which is really weird. So for anyone who is deciding to try this as there birth control I wouldn't recommend it, especially if you're using it for an acne regiment. I have seen people comment that they have tried this for a month and noticed more acne, and some people were saying that's because there body didn't get used to it yet. Well I'm here to say that I was on this for almost two years and I had the exact same issues the whole time."

Ally June 15, 2018

"I have taken Cryselle for nearly eight years now. I was prescribed this birth control when I became sexually active. It's purpose was to control my abnormally heavy flow and to prevent pregnancy. For the last three years, I have been miserable. I did not believe that my worsening anxiety and depression were caused by my hormones, much less the prescription that I had taken for seven years. My blood pressure has been recorded at very high levels. My sweating is excessive and I have panic attacks regularly. My anxiety has never been so out of control and I have withdrawn from my friends and family because of my uncontrollable mood swings. I have turned into an impulsive, irritable and unhappy woman out of nowhere and I need a different hormone therapy as soon as possible. If you experience worsened depression with this medication, please do not wait like me. Everyone's body is different. Go speak with your doctor."

seniorsister (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 30, 2018

"This is the worst birth control I have ever taken. Dr prescribed me this to prevent pregnancy / treat cramps. I have always had horrible menstrual cramps but this has only made them worse. Every month I have debilitating cramps, headaches, bloating, mood swings. My periods are shorter and lighter but that's about the only positive point I can give to this brand. Makes me feel nauseas, light headed, and crampy in between periods. Wouldn't recommend this to anyone!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 10, 2018

"Terrible went on Crystelle for acne but it made it 100 times worse!! I had these small bumps all over my face and my face hurt to the touch it was so raw and dry and it just kept breaking out. Was on this for 3 months and once I switched to tri-sprintec my acne cleared it took 2 months because of how bad this pill messed everything up. On cryselle I gained like 13 pounds in a span of 3 months. Also it made my periods horribly painful long and heavy which they were never before the only thing this pill did was regulate my periods but made them terrible. Do not go on this pill if you have acne or acne prone skin"

Faith (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 5, 2018

"I had been on this pills for 10 months at first it was fine but then my mood swings change like crazy. Made me really psychotic and depressed for no reasons at all. It made my skin very dry and dull, my appetite also decreased. I didn't have any acne though and my period was very light which is bonus. I stopped using it few months ago and I feel like normal again. On another pill now hoping to work this time."

Caliluv (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 23, 2018

"I’m 21 and have been on cryselle since I was a junior in high school. I initially started it because I was having bad period cramps and clotting. I would pass out from blood loss and pain. Cryselle has completely eliminated all cramps and heavy blood flow. My periods only last 4-5 days! I love it! I also had no side effects"

Rb (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 22, 2018

"I’m 24 and I’ve been taking this pill for almost 9 years. It is wonderful, I’ve never had a bad side effect. People writing negative reviews clearly have just started taking or only for a few months and their bodies have not adjust or reacted well to the hormone shift. This could happen with any drug as people’s bodies react differently. But do not be afraid!"

Nataytay March 21, 2018

"I was one of those girls who has anxiety over trying new medicines. I looked up everything online and got scared easily. However, I have been on Cryselle for four years now. And I love it. A lot of people share the negative stories behind it but I want to share my good experience. I have not gained weight from this drug at all, no mood swings or anything like that. My periods went from being 7-8 days of hell, to 4-5 days of livable periods. The only downside (and this isn't even that bad) is that my breasts have become more tender a few days before my period. Thats it. No crazy cramps or bad blood clots. This was the first birth control I tried and it worked well for me. Everyone reacts different, but I wanted to share my good experience and possibly get rid of some girls anxiety about this pill."

BrookeAlise March 19, 2018

"I’ve been on cryselle for two months and my overall experience has been pretty decent. The last birth control I was on made me extremely nauseous all the time. Cryselle, in my case, has only 2 cons. I have extremely sore breast and I have a more acne."

unicornlover0629 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 23, 2018

"At first this pill was wonderful. I experienced after a few months that I was super depressed & sad over nothing. Mood swings constantly and stomach pains all the time on and off my cycle. I became so sad I started having horrible anxiety and then panic attacks on the regular. I cried one to two times weekly over nothing & my relationship started to get sour because of the roller coaster moods. Severe headaches and nausea right after I stopped taking the pill for my cycle and cramps so horrible I couldn't stand. I was also so tired and had no sex drive. I was unable to enjoy an orgasm because it took so long for me to have one I would give up. I always had a high sex drive this caused more sadness and anxiety for me. I went on the website and had every side effect at least once and decided it was time to get off the pill. This isn't how a young 24 year old should feel. Please read the side effects asap and do not take this pill any longer if you start to have these same side effects."

Sadgirllll February 19, 2018

"I just began week 3 of my pack. This has been the absolute worst experience side effect wise I've ever had. I've used other BC pills, had Mirena, the depo shot, and also used the patch over the last 17 years. No problems from ANY of them except this awful medication. In 3 weeks I have gained 15 pounds (3 of those 15 were gained the first day taking my first pill. I ate maybe 1,200 calories and did 45 mins of cardio that day so I know.... I have psychotic mood swings, and it has interfered with my sleep so badly that I have to take SEVEN Tylenol PM to fall asleep. I am on no other meds, and have no health problems. It is so bad I'm considering quitting taking it a week early. If you're reading this and considering taking this med please, DON'T!"

Kristin Luttrell (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2018

"I never would recommend. Its only prevented pregnancy. I've had every worse side a effect. Ever since I started it I've bled so heavy for over a month. I feel like I'm sick n dizzy from blood loss. I have major headaches and episodes of crying. Episodes of anger, depression, irritation frustration like a psycho. I'm not myself at all. I'm in such a dark places. I can't take it! It's ruining my life. I've never been so mad and sad in my life. Uncontrollably miserable in and out everyday. If I'm not raging annoyed for small stuff I'm blank blah and annoyed and I mentally breakdown every other day. I'm switching to ortho tri cyclen. Something about cryselle will make you cry forever. If you want to be negative all the time, just plain miserable, n unpleasant to be around or want to be a psycho this pills for u. I can't believe how horrible this is."

Scarybitch (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 7, 2018

"I took this medication for 3 days and it was terrible. The first day everything was fine. On the second day I had a slight headache and I felt bloated. The third day was the worse. I felt fine the entire day and took the pill in the evening and went to the gym. I felt very uncomfortable and I noticed my stomach was visibly bloated and I felt sick. My stomach proceeded to get bigger till the point I started to puke. After that point I stopped taking the medication and have been feeling fine."

Anonymous January 25, 2018

"I’ve been on this for a year and I haven’t had any bad side effects. No weight gain or anything. I was recently prescribed Trinessa and have never taken it. I want to stick with cryselle."

Starr777 January 20, 2018

"I’ve been on this medication for almost 6 years, and other than a few side effects, it’s amazing - honestly. The side effects are mostly related to PMS, tender breasts, and some mood swings, but that could also just be me. In my opinion, the pros outweigh the cons. Pros are short, light, and very regular period; no weight gain; reduced acne; and, above all, no pregnancies in my 6 years of using it! So yay!"

junebug34 January 6, 2018

"I’ve been taking Cryselle for about a year now and there seems to be only ONE con: yeast infections. My OBGYN told me that this could be possible but getting yeast infections every 3-5 months is not my favorite thing in the world. The pill works great otherwise, absolutely no mood swings, no change in my mood/character at all, no acne, no weight gain or loss, no loss of appetite. My sex drive did lower a tad in the beginning but now it’s back to normal. Honestly if this pill didn’t make me prone to yeast infections it would be absolutely perfect."

GiselleBe December 12, 2017

"This is my first birth control I have ever been on. I've been on this pill going on two years. It does its job in the field of preventing pregnancy. The only thing I dislike about it is I get very moody at times while on it, if I skip a pill and have to double up on it the next night I get a real bad headache! I have experienced weight gain as well, which no girl cares for. But like they all say every one is different."

Moodytrojan09 September 21, 2017

"I've been on this medicine for 6 months. I gave it a 5 for the sole fact it does do its job in preventing pregnancy and my periods have been overall shorter and lighter. However, starting this pill I was miserable from extremely tender breasts, nausea, extreme emotions, and weight gain. I've been on birth control for 10 years and have never gained weight, but within 6 weeks of starting this pill I gained 20lbs. Because of that and the fact that it makes me extremely emotional and/ or moody, I will be stopping at the end of my current pack."

Kmhall12 August 26, 2017

"I've been using Cryselle for three months now and it has been amazing!!! I used to get horrible cramps that often made me nauseous and that resulted in me missing several days of school just because of my period. Since I've been on this birth control, my period changed from 5 days to 3 days and I bleed much lighter with mild to no cramps. The first couple weeks I had some mood swings and cravings for food but it stopped after the first month. The only downside to it is it will make you feel nauseous if you take it at night and my breasts are very tender and sore during my period. But other than that A++!!!"

Juliette.14325 August 20, 2017

"I've been on it for about 3 years, it works as I haven't gotten pregnant. My first 3 months were horrible with nausea and vomiting on the first 2 weeks of the pack. I take my pill at night so waking up on the first weeks of the pack was horrible. My doctor warned me of feeling 'morning sickness' but the nausea subsided after the 3 months. I still occasionally get some nausea but it's only if I missed a dose and had to take 2 on the same day. My periods are about 3 days and light. I always get it by the third day of taking the placebo pills. Some months I get cramps but they're not painful. I get PMS one week before my period, and I've noticed I get really depressed, emotional And get chin acne. I've gotten used to it so I'm okay with it."

Onthepill (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 7, 2017

"This was the first birth control I was on, I've since bounced around to three others and I'm finally back to Cryselle. I have found this to be the most consistent and dependable. It normalized my cycle and helped my bad cramps and PCOS. My acne didn't really change much, but it did help my deep cystic acne. Now I just get those clusters of tiny acne around my placebo week. If I skip it I don't get them though. All in all, I like cryselle the best out of the 4 I've been on. I've been on cryselle for about 3 years now and I don't think I'll be changing anytime soon. Especially since it's cheaper than the others.Just remember everyone is different and will react differently to every pill!"

JustAnotherWoman (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 15, 2017

"I really love this birth control, but as someone else stated, I think it might be affecting my libido. I haven't noticed any weight gain at all since I've been using this. I have been on it for over two years and really have no true complaints. My skin is completely clear during my placebo week, and relatively clear the rest of the time. But I still have some random nasty breakouts. This could just be my skin type though, and might not have anything to do with the birth control. I was on a high estrogen birth control before this, which negatively affected my mood, but I feel great on this one. I don't ever find myself feeling super moody, just my usual self. My period usually lasts 4 days, nothing bad at all. Overall, I recommend it."

tgkbecca May 17, 2017

"I've been on this birth control for about 8 years so I feel I can write a fair review. I started taking birth control in high school because my cycle was so painful and heavy. I had to miss school because of cramps. As soon as I started taking this (the generic version was called something else back then) my symptoms went away. I went from a 7 day heavy painful period to a 3-4 day light period. I've always had acne and I can't say this helped tremendously when I was in high school and college, now that I'm in my mid 20s my acne is gone. I haven't noticed anything related to hormones on this pill. Yes, when my period is about to come sometimes I'll get a little more emotional than I would during other parts of the month, but that would happen even if you weren't on the pill. The only thing I've noticed is that my libido is higher during the placebo week. I think birth control might kill libido a bit. Overall if you have terrible period pains I would recommend this pill. It really saves me every month."

MaggieG33 May 8, 2017

"I've been on the pill for more then a year now & I love it. I used to get really bad headaches before, horrible cramps & a heavy period twice a month. The pill changed everything no more constant headaches, no cramps or any menstrual symptoms, no acne, light flow 3-4 & no weight gain. The pills been great to me!"

Jaaaaaay April 26, 2017

"I gave this pill a 5 because it DID protect me from getting pregnant so the pill does the job. Pros: Easy to take. Protected me for 2 years. Did not gain any weight. Sex drive stayed normal Cons: -Constant chin acne -Bad PMS that would start a week after getting my period so I felt like I never had a break. That food craving/sore breasts/ emotional/angry feeling would pop up 2 weeks before my period even started. Basically it was 1 week of normal and the rest was all hormonal. Overall the pill does what you need it to do. Protects you from pregnancy. However, I can't take the emotions/acne so I'm on the hunt for a new pill."

Jessica Ralphs 13332 April 26, 2017