User Reviews for Lessina

Lessina has an average rating of 4.6 out of 10 from a total of 109 ratings on Drugs.com. 34% of those users who reviewed Lessina reported a positive effect, while 49% reported a negative effect.

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding  Off-label 5.5
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome  Off-label 5.5
Birth Control   4.6
Endometriosis  Off-label 4.0
Ovarian Cysts  Off-label 4.0
Summary of Lessina reviews 4.6 109 reviews

Reviews for Lessina

Junnie b Jones February 23, 2021

For Birth Control: “I have been on Lessina for about 3 months now. Before this I was on depo. This far I have had a few side effects such as gain weight, mood swings, and my first month I had the heaviest period I have ever experienced lasted almost 10 days. On a positive note my acne has cleared a lot. And I have been able to successfully skip my periods like I’ve wanted as well as having no babies! Everyone’s body is different”

Ladywarlord · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 10, 2021

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: “I use Lessina for both Birth Control and my PCOS, I ask for it by name. It has the right dosage that my cramps feel like nothing instead of putting me on the ground”

Dani February 3, 2021

For Birth Control: “rarely notice the side effects, some times nausea, maybe once or twice a year. Other than that no complains.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 20, 2021

For Birth Control: “I have been on Lessina for about 5 months now & I have definitely noticed a difference. My periods are shorter and lighter (a huge reason why I went on birth control in the first place is because I'm anemic & my periods were horrible). As many others have said, the migraines do happen often, but all my life I have been getting headaches regularly so it's nothing different. My skin has cleared up and I only have minor break outs due to wearing a mask (for COVID) & not the birth control. I experienced slight weight gain & my boobs grew which I was kinda happy about lol. Recently I missed a pill and spotted until my period started but it wasn't too bad. Definitely experience moody episodes before my period which I never experienced before but I will not be switching brands anytime soon because I'm happy with how it has been treating my periods.”

User · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 9, 2021

For Birth Control: “I started Lessina almost 4 months ago I have not had a period since. I am not complaining but I am having a hard time losing weight retaining water etc. My head is always hurting and extremely exhausted. I'm worried about the no period. Going to call my doctor Monday to talk with them again as I don't know anyone else who has had periods completely stop. Only other method of birth control I know that has done that to me is the depo but been over a year off of that. I went on another pill sprintec prior to this one but just wanted something that wouldn't make me constantly want to eat. On Sprintec I had a 2 day period if that. In my opinion I feel my body needs to have a period to lose weight.”

Lala3345 January 6, 2021

For Birth Control: “Let me remind you that everyone's body is different and every time you begin a new birth control, it can take about 3 months before you fully adjust to it. So don't get anxious about the bad reviews. I began this pill because I would get hives a week before my period, insane acne breakouts on my back, & cramps all the time. I've been on this pill for a month & I can feel the difference this pill has made already. I have experienced simple symptoms like nausea but the nausea doesn't bother me. I noticed that it has reduced my appetite but not dangerously. I just find myself snacking less! Also, my sex drive has not gone (which is a first with birth control). I have a history of anxiety (GAD & OCD with panic attacks) & this pill hasn't made me more anxious. If anything, I feel that it improved my mood & balances my hormones perfectly. I'm confident that the symptoms I have experienced will minimize within that 3 month period. So give your body & the pill some time!”

jvuko · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 14, 2020

For Birth Control: “I have been on this birth control for about 3 months now. The first month was fine. Last month I started developing horrible boob pain and veins coursing all over them. Then I noticed spider veins on my hips and then on my butt. I have occasional leg pains. I’m wondering if anyone else has experienced this? I also have headaches, occasional nausea, lacking motivation, really bad appetite changes (one day super hungry, next day don’t wanna eat), starting to feel depressed and anxiety increasing by a ton. I just feel generally tired and am thinking of switching pills.”

Rose December 7, 2020

For Birth Control: “Great BC . I am sensitive to others . It took me 2 months to deal with some of the moody side effects but other than that my period is very light and consistent and I recommend”

Momma · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 26, 2020

For Birth Control: “I was prescribed Lessina post partum, and it has been super! Helped regulate my post partum depression, and anxiety. I however have an increase in appetite, and experienced mild headaches, and nausea for the first couple of weeks. I love the fact that it regulates my period, I always know when I'll have it, and am prepared! I definitely will continue to take love it.”

k · Taken for less than 1 month October 12, 2020

For Birth Control: “I began taking Lessina last month and I DO NOT RECOMMEND! The first few weeks I had a consistent headache. Secondly my appetite largely increased. Then I was very very emotional! I am having breakdowns over everything that happened. My anxiety has been way worse and so have my intrusive thoughts. I thought for sure I at least won't have a bad period. WRONG! this has been the worst period I've had in years! Such heavy bleeding, nausea which caused me to have a panic attack, chills, headaches, the whole 9 yards. Please do not take this medicine.”

karo · Taken for less than 1 month October 3, 2020

For Birth Control: “Lessina is making me as manic as I was when I was off my bipolar medicine. I'm having extreme anxiety attacks that wake me up at 3am every night now. I'm very nauseous and wake up at any time through 3-8am and throw up, this is the first day that I haven't thrown up. I cried and had a manic breakdown over water yesterday??? I know it's from this birth control because I was doing a lot better a week ago. I started taking Lessina on Sunday. Now I experience migraines as well as moodiness, really hoping this goes away but if it doesn't I'm going to switch. The only pros of this medicine is you get nauseous and can't eat so your stomach looks flatter, haven't seen any difference in my boobs but they're sore as anything lol. I don't recommend this at all”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 3, 2020

For Birth Control: “This birth control is the only birth control (thus far) that doesn't give me side effects. I am so happy I came across this medication because I can still enjoy intimacy in my long term relationship. I did have nausea the first 3 days of taking it but it subsided. However, I notice if I skip the sugar pills and go to the new pack, I get migraines. That's a simple fix by taking the whole pack rather than skipping to the next one. I was originally on Aviane but my insurance switched the brands. According to pharmacists, they are essentially the same thing. I'm very sensitive to hormones and I had no problems switching.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 25, 2020

For Birth Control: “I’ve been on Lessina for 3 years and honestly wish I’d started taking it sooner!!! It’s been great in regulating my cycles and has helped to improve my acne a bit as well. I can’t say I’ve had any noticeable or long-lasting side effects. Would recommend!”

Mh2215 · Taken for less than 1 month September 24, 2020

For Birth Control: “I’ve only been taking Lessina for a week and it has genuinely been the worst week of my life. It took me until today to realize it was my birth control. I’ve had anxiety/depression for as long as I can remember but the suicidal thoughts I’ve had this week have been nothing like I have ever experienced. I’ve cried constantly and randomly for no reason. My poor boyfriend has tried to help. I threw up last night, haven’t been eating, I’m nauseous all the time. I will not be ingesting this pill a single day more. I genuinely almost checked myself into a mental institution and I fully believe it has to do with this pill.”

kc · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 1, 2020

“I have been taking Lessina for about 8 years now and never tried anything else. I started it due to my cramps being so painful it made me sick... Once I started taking Lessina I haven’t really had a cramp since!! I know when I’m going to start my cycle so that’s a plus. I would definitely recommend this to anyone.”

Mady · Taken for less than 1 month August 27, 2020

For Birth Control: “Took this Lessina birth control pillfor about 4-5 days and couldn’t stand the abdominal pain I was getting from it so I stopped, it was so bad I thought it was my appendix. I got acne and I’ve never had a problem with that, worst cramps ever, abdominal and bowel issues, going to the doctor in about a week to try something else out”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 4, 2020

For Birth Control: “Wow was shocked to come on here and find so many women experiencing the same things taking this Lessina medication. I thought it was just me. I as well since taking this birth control for three months and I have also experienced crying spells and emotional PMS symptoms to the max while taking this medication. Now that I know it’s not just me I’m done.”

Chinita July 30, 2020

For Birth Control: “I thought there’s something wrong with me but after I’ve read those comments on here about Lessina it’s horrible. It’s my second week of taking this pills and it gives me a migraine, nausea, lower abdomen pain, UTI and acne!!”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 26, 2020

For Birth Control: “Horrible. I have been spotting non stop for 2 weeks now. Mood swings, crying spells, increased depression, sweating, weight gain and bloating. I tried to stick it out for 2 months but I am stopping this OCP asap.”

KJA · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 30, 2020

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “I'm peri-menopausal and have not been on any birthcontrol for 20+years. All of a sudden my periods became so heavy for the full 5 days that I felt disgusting. My periods were also coming on sporadically every 2-3 weeks. My doc was reluctant to prescribe bc pills because of my age (46) but I basically begged lol so she started me on Lessina low dose. I saw instant improvement my 1st month with my period being much lighter. I just finished my 3rd pack and I couldn't be happier! I'm back to a 28 day cycle and its so light! I went from flowing through super plus tampons every 2 hours to barely needing a regular on my heaviest day! No side effects at all.”

Love April 19, 2020

For Birth Control: “I have been on Lessina for six months. So far the only side effects I’ve experienced are: weight gain, clear skin and, sleeping a lot. I honestly like the pills.”

Xanzeiy April 9, 2020

For Birth Control: “I moved to the US and my BC was not available here, so I looked for something similar. My doctor prescribed Lessina (year 2017) and so far my body adjusted to it really quick. Just occasional migraines (not really because of BC). Sex drive going low is reasonable (life gets busier). My legs get tired after standing for more than an hour (maybe due to circulation affected by the BC) but this is still reasonable. No acne breakout. No weight gain, although I want to gain some. No bloating. Cramps were gone on the first year. I know when to expect my period, and period is light...only have to use pad for 2 days, liners for the first and last day. This past year though I had some yeast infections which I blame the BC for messing up my hormones. But I'm on my 3rd year of using this, no plan of switching to other brands, would recommend Lessina!”

Rrj March 27, 2020

For Birth Control: “This pill Lessina caused spotting every time I took it, and gave me a cyst with very bad cramps and often caused dizziness”

Faerie · Taken for less than 1 month February 28, 2020

For Ovarian Cysts: “Been on this pill for 2 weeks! Most horrible experience ever. I was having such extreme stomach pains that I thought I was having an appendicitis and my stomach has been tender to touch and the cramping hasn’t gone away for a week! Emotional outbursts and crying (sobbing) for no reason. This birth control is horrible. I’m done.”

Jane · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 5, 2020

For Birth Control: “I loved this pill. My periods were only 5 days, pretty light, and I only cramped on the first day. I took it for about two years and only had a problem when I accidentally missed one pill and spotted until my next period. The one side effect I did have was migraines. Other than that it worked perfectly for me and I would take it again.”