User Reviews for Lessina

1 review 103 medications
Abnormal Uterine BleedingNot rated - Be the first2 reviews 103 medications
Summary of Lessina reviews 4.7 53 reviews

Reviews for Lessina

For Birth Control "At first( first month) taking this pill it was not amazing I had terrible mood swings and would have stress breaks in the classrooms of my school then get kicked out. I’ve gained about 10 pounds on this pill but it has gone to my hips and butt so I’m loving it. In the first month getting wet was difficult but I’m on my third month and it’s back to normal. Overall even though the first two months on this birth control was an emotional roller coaster I would recommend taking. Remember birth controls react different to everyone’s body. Also it is very effective in protecting you from pregnancy."

Niya December 29, 2018

For Birth Control "Wow. I started on the third day of my period, which was a Sunday as directed. It’s two weeks later and I’m still on my period (day 17). I have migraines 3-5 times a month usually, but have had them every other day with this. I stopped taking the pill about a week after I started and then had a migraine that lasted four days, even with using my prescription migraine pills. I had a large blood clot as well. I went back to the doctor and they suggested I try to ride it out. Nope. On day 15, my period, which had been light, came back full force and was heavier than it’s ever been. I’m waiting for my body to clear the hormones out, but it’s been just awful. If you have migraines, think twice before taking Lessina."

Cece (taken for less than 1 month) December 16, 2018

For Birth Control "Would not recommend this birth control at all. Regret ever taking it. I was on Lessina for about 6 weeks when I realized I needed to stop. I was constantly tired and wanted to sleep. My weight stayed the same but I wasn’t on it long enough. I felt like my acne actually got worse- I had painful pimples that didn’t go away for weeks. On top of this I started to lose my self confidence and motivation. I did already have anxiety but was always able to control it but on this birth control my anxiety was terrible and I couldn’t control it- I had to hold myself from having anxiety attacks in school. I would easily get ticked off or upset over the smallest things. I started to experience depression and didn’t feel like myself at all on this pill. Forgot what it was like to feel normal and really happy like I used to be. DON'T TAKE THIS PILL"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 13, 2018

For Birth Control "So I started this B.C. About a month ago. Before that I was on Ortho Tri-Cyclen for almost 3 years. Then all of a sudden I'm switched to this. Anyways I just got my period a day later than I was supposed to. (On the ortho my cycles are every 28 days on the dot!) I'm concerned because I only bled for one day and haven't bled anymore after that for3 days. So not sure if it's switching birth control pills or if it's implantation bleeding. Good luck ladies!"

Sunshine05 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 11, 2018

For Birth Control "This one was rough. I’ve never felt more moody, depressed, and all around not myself on this pill. I stopped it after one month. Wasn’t even worth it. Every one reacts differently, but my experience on this was terrible."

Anonymous November 7, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been taking Lessina for 3 months now, I really like the pill only a few complaints such as breakouts here and there, migraines off and on and a very lengthy period. Before taking Lessina my cycle would last roughly 5 days, now it last about 2 weeks which is really the only reason I'm looking to change to another pill. On a positive note, no menstrual cramps at all which is amazing."

anna (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 24, 2018

For Birth Control "Initially wanted to go back on the pill because I experience pretty severe PMS symptoms within the 10 days or so leading up to my period that really prevent me from my normal, everyday functions, due to a hormonal imbalance. Tried to stick it out for a little over 2 weeks but then couldn’t take it anymore. Was constantly tired, depressed and anxious within the first few days. Experienced severe mood swings at the start of week 2, crying for no reason and then suddenly would get angry and snap. Had insane acne and cravings from the start that I couldn’t resist, leading to a solid 10lb weight gain and painful blemishes, which only made the depression worse. Felt so self conscious and didn’t have the motivation to work out, which is something I love to do daily, during the entirety of my experience. Needless to say, probably some of the worst weeks I’ve experienced in a while. Started to return back to normal within a few days of stopping."

Ng123 October 5, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "My 14 year old daughter was taking this pill for almost a month and it sent her to the hospital since her doctor wouldn't see her. She had severe head aches, feeling nauseous, and feeling tired all the time. It wasn't until her dad read the reviews and figured out that her symptoms we're for the birth control pills."

None (taken for less than 1 month) October 4, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on this pill for a good year and a 1/2 or so. I started because after having my 2nd daughter, I hadn’t gotten my period for a year. She was exclusively breast feed as was her older sister (got my period back with her at 10 months old). So it’s been very effective in preventing pregnancy and I have had no bad side effects until recently. Within the past 3-4 months, I’ve noticed I’ve been having mood swings, emotional outbursts and horrible migraines (which historically I’ve never had), decreased libido (hubs works a lot now so no big deal), dizziness and fogginess. Throughout the course of using, I did notice depressive emotions. I’ve now been off for about 1.5 weeks and my headaches are lessened and I’m noticing positive mood changes however, my uterus and lower back are in mild discomfort and pain. My appetite has also gone back to normal so no overeating lol. I want my girls to have a happy mama."

Mimi (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 26, 2018

For Birth Control "pros: short periods, no mood swings, no acne, increase sex drive Cons: ~10 lbs of weight gained over a couple of months"

22 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 26, 2018

For Birth Control "I was only on this pill for two weeks and immediately discontinued use due to massive weight gain (10lbs to be exact), mild nausea daily that was similar to morning sickness that lasted all day, headaches all day everyday, and the kicker, IMMENSE chest pain. My friend passed away from a PE directly related to this pill last month (per the coroner). She was 32. DO NOT TAKE THIS."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 12, 2018

For Birth Control "Got my period weeks early, I feel tired all the time. I’m currently experiencing the worst headache, I've ever had in my life! I highly advise AGAINST taking this birth control!!"

Lys September 7, 2018

For Birth Control "I started this birth control pill after removing the Mirena. I was given this pill as the generic to what my ob/gyn prescribed. I wish I would've left it at the pharmacy! This is the WORST PILL EVER!!!!! Let's start with mood swings, weight gain, tender breast, depression, decreased sex drive and edema. I would NEVER recommend. I discontinued after being on the pill for 1.5 months. I actually stopped taking birth control pills all together to allow my body a chance to get back to normal. This by far was the WORST experience with birth control."

Smash1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 4, 2018

For Birth Control "First time on BC and got prescribed this, the first couple of weeks were fine. I was advised to skip the white pills since I had planned a vacation. I spotted for a week straight then started bleeding. It's been 2 weeks now 3 weeks total and I am still dealing with it. I have no other issues than longest period I have ever had and on and off cramps. Waiting to see if this changes on the third month or if I may need to switch or maybe stay off BC all together."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 29, 2018

For Birth Control "On my third month of lessina. Hasn’t cleared up my acne yet like I hoped but so far this is a good birth control. I had spotting the first month and now my period is super light, almost non existent, which is a plus. Duration went from 5 days when I wasn’t on any birth control to now maybe 3 days. Hoping in the next coming months my acne stars to clear but I definitely recommend this birth control"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 21, 2018

For Birth Control "My doctor has originally put me on Aviane but Walgreens gave me the generic brand which was something else. They then stopped giving me that and switched me to Lessina. Which I was taking for about a year. It was working great. I had no bad side effects. Wasn’t affecting my mental health. I’m actually trying to switch back to this now. Since I finished all of my refills I went to a different doctor to get the same prescription. But they gave me Vienva. I’ve been taking it for two months now and it’s made me really sad. Unmotivated."

Mon August 6, 2018

For Birth Control "WORST BC EVER! I had used this after giving birth to my son. I would get really bad nausea that would last a week and would make me think I'm pregnant every month, it would do that then I would get my period. I've had horrible depressed thoughts and just horrible horrible experience with this pill. I didn't gain or lose weight Did have some acne blotches every now and then"

Jackz (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 31, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on Lessina for quite some time now.. I’m currently 18. I work out about 3 days a week and have regular eating habits, etc etc. From my experience so far, Lessina has been effective for birth control purposes (hopefully). However, I’ve noticed that over the course of taking the pills I’ve had frequent headaches, bloating, increased sex drive, and I haven’t seen anyone else with this problem, oh and but my hair is thinning out too. Of course, I can’t be 100% it’s because of Lessina but since I’ve started taking it, my hair has thinned very much to the point where I have to color in spots with makeup and whatnot. Other than that, my eating habits are completely normal, my period is regular, and I don’t have a significant change in emotional behavior like many others. Good luck :)"

Yeliah (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 23, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been on it for a month and so far I've gotten 2 period that lasted for 8-10 days and I know its because my body isn't used to it but hopefully it gets normal in about 2 more months. If not I'm switching to a different birth control"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 20, 2018

For Birth Control "I started taking it due to heavy periods and HORRIBLE cramps. I’ve been currently taking it for 3 months. The only side effect I’ve gotten is bad nausea on the plus side my periods are now regular and I get NO cramps at all"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 9, 2018

For Birth Control "I was recently switched to Lessina due to my other brand giving my constant anxiety and sadness. The first week of taking Lessina I felt so great and hopeful that it wouldn’t bring the side effects in which I read in the reviews. Once the second week came along it was rock bottom. I took one pack in total because I was trying to give it a chance but I had to the back to my doctor to get it changed. It was the worse panic attacks and depression I have ever felt even comparing my last birth control to it. I would cry so much that I would have to throw up, I couldn’t breath or control my panic attacks at all. I’m giving it 3 stars because It actually helped clear up my skin and I didn’t gain weight like many have said, so that was a positive. I highly do NOT recommend this birth control if you have any bad history of mood swings with other birth controls."

Jamie July 8, 2018

For Birth Control "I have taken Lessina for only 2 months. I was so scared of trying it because of all the negative comments on it, but for me I have no side effects whatsoever! I get emotional when I'm going through PMS but that's 100% normal for me. I take mine before I go to bed (I work overnights) so at 9am so if I do get nauseous, I don't feel it at all. I haven't gained weight, normal PMS acne, no crazy mood swings. It feels like I'm not taking anything at all! I give it a 9 because I'm not sure how effective it is yet lol. But I'll find out soon lol."

Nesa (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 1, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been taking Lessina for about 4 months now. I used to take seasonique for whatever reason they prescribed me awful birth control insead. I'm so moody and literally hate the world and myself. I cry all the time honestly have the worst mood swings I've ever experienced. I stay so depressed that all I do is want to lay in bed and cry or sleep. I've gained 20lbs from this and got some acne. I constantly have the worst crushing migraines I've ever had in my life. Just all around worst experience. It work s for preventing pregnancy but it's not worth the emotional state it leaves you in."

Elliemay June 30, 2018

For Birth Control "I took this pill for two weeks. On the 14th day I was ready to seriously harm myself. I had a complete emotional breakdown. I went to the ER and was prescribed anxiety pills and told to immediately discontinue this pill. I seen the reviews and got worried but I have never had a problem on any other pill. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PILL TO ANYONE!!! IT SHOULDN'T BE AN OPTION FOR ANYONE OTHER THAN THOSE ALREADY TAKING IT!"

MrsWhims (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2018

For Birth Control "I started Lessina about 2 months ago. I really like it. It has stopped my period altogether. My acne has gone away completely. I’m very happy with it."

Melissa (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2018