User Reviews for Lessina

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Lessina.

Birth Control
5.5

Ovarian Cysts
5.5

Endometriosis

1 review 106 medications
Summary of Lessina reviews 4.0 19 reviews

Reviews for Lessina

For Endometriosis "I've been taking lessina for less than 2 months now (for my Pelvic floor myaliga )and I've had a horrible experience so far. The end of the first pack (around the 2 white pill) I started my period and the first 2 days were fine (other than the fact that I'm constantly in pain) but the 3rd day I was terrible I went through 6 pads with a bunch of clots mind you I've never had clots with a period before. So I had to go to the ER. Which they had to give me IV fluids and pain medication because the pain I had was so much worse than just the usually periods I get. They told me it was from the BC. And I should be switched right away. I also suffer from depression as it is and I've just haven't been able to pick myself up. I've been on so many BCs and nothing helps."

80514 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This was the first pill I was put on after getting off the shot. It helped regulate my periods. Its also helped a lot with acne, gave me lighter periods and little to no cramps at all. I ended up switching off for one month and regret it. I love this birth control. I had issues with horrible cramps that were making me throw up, and now those cramps have gone down to an uncomfortable feeling and nothing too painful at all."

ThatOneKit (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Literally the worst birth control ever. I was on orsythia & my pharmacy said this was the "generic" version. My period was ALWAYS regular & my period came two weeks earlier this month. It also makes me break out & gained about 5 pounds. I have become very emotional & depressed & I was never like that now. I cry for everything. DO NOT RECOMMEND"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This is my first time being on birth control and I've started my second pack a few days ago. So far I have no large complaints. My weight has stayed the same or maybe lost a pound or two. I do feel more stressed, have tender breasts, and less energy but nothing too extreme. No spotting but a regular period. I did start my period 2 days earlier than I was to reach the white pills. Will keep posted if anything changes."

CFH226 August 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ovarian Cysts "Have been on Lessina for 3 months (no placebo week) to prevent recurrent ovarian cysts. My 6 cm cyst has shrunk to below 3cm. I feel great, fewer mood swings and no weight gain or other symptoms. I am 44, and my doctor doesn't want me to take it for very long, but I feel it has been helping."

Raven96 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This was my first birth control I've ever had. My skin was clear but once I started taking this I had the worst acne. I was bloated, went from a size 3 to 7 within a week. I was nauseous, my breast were tender and swollen. My appetite increased. The only good thing about it was it increased my sex drive. I switched to Ortho Tricylen Lo and I actually liked it but the only thing is it decreased my sex drive. Now I'm on Aubra since Planned Parenthood doesn't have it anymore, so far no side effects."

Syrian (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I really like this birth control. I was originally on a different brand of the pill and it made me bloated and I alway felt slugish. I switched to the nuva ring which was not ideal for intercourse so back to my OB I went. I love Lessina no weight gain, no bloating, and minimal cramping during period. I did have side affect of acne but I changed my face wash and it cleared right up. I also swear it increases your sex drive but it could just be me."

jbag (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 19, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I haven't taken any other birth control pills prior to lessina but while on it my extremely heavy, 6 day long period has subdued to a light non-painful, 2/3 day period which to me in itself is amazing. I've been on Lessina for about 7 months and the only side effects I can notice are that my breast are always sensitive and about 5-10 pound weight gain. No moody-ness or random crying. I've always had headaches so I don't think I could tie that in with the BC pills."

ARW November 1, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was advised to take this bcz it is the least hormonal birth control that works. I was horribly emotional with all the prior birth control pills, this one had no bad side effects & periods were much lightr. Of course I did gain the normal 5-10 lbs. (But thats always the case w/ birth control pills since they make your body think that you're pregnant). I truly believe that the bad reviews r ppl that had chronic issues w/ emotions or sinuses, etc & just kinda placed blame or really made themselves Believe that symptoms got worse when taking a new med. I stopped taking it in Feb. as my spouse and I are wanting a child. It is now nearing November (9 months) & I have not had a single spot or period since I stopped taking birth control. "

Stephynichole October 21, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This is my fourth month on this medication and my 7th period. I was originally asking about birth control methods that would keep me from having my period every month and was told by my doctor that I could continue onto a second pack, skipping the week of fake pills and that should prevent my period. After that didn't work the first time I decided to just take it normally, but that's when my period started happening every other week. I have been abnormally emotional, but until I read the other reviews on this site I never thought to blame this medication. I'm normally a very subdued person who deals with my problems internally, these last few months I've been incredibly emotional and sensitive, crying a lot. I have had some extra acne too."

jeanniesja October 11, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I had never taken any other oral contraceptive prior to Lessina. I believe the decision to order this low-dose option for me was based on my relatively small size, 103 pounds. I took it for 4 months. During that time I had the worst acne of my life and was nauseated every day, and I had migraine headaches with vomiting at work which ceased when I quit taking the pill. My PMS symptoms were also worse. The price has been volatile. In March, 2016, I paid $8.82 (which seemed like a great deal) to get a 28-day pack from Walmart for home delivery. In July, 2016, the same pack from Walmart for home delivery cost $21.92. My health insurance is provided by a Catholic employer, so these are uncovered expenses."

SJChemist (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 26, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ovarian Cysts "I'm on this medicine to help with a current ovarian cyst but the side affects are pushing me to surgery if living like this is my option. It makes me feel depressed and ready to cry at the drop of a hat, angry, mean, antisocial and it has absolutely killed my sex drive. I'm on my fourth and last dose because I'm not feeling like this anymore!"

Genevieve t. September 7, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "It is very good no side effects. I've been on Depo and Mirena both of which I do not recommend but Lessina no acne, nothing. You might get moody and as long you work out you won't gain or take the pills early mornings."

Fefe232326 February 3, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I give it an 8 because I loved this pill for 8 years. Just recently I started having problems with it. Now my sex drive decreased, chronic sinus infections....which I now link to this pill because over the last 7 months I have tried others and my sinuses have been great...now back on lessina and yet another sinus infection and clogged up nasal passages, rash on chest and bad melasma now. I think my body has changed over the years and it doesn't tolerate this one anymore. I did love it for years though."

JSIM (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 24, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've had problems with birth controls since I have started taking them. I was started on Ortho Tri-cyclen and was extremely moody and had issues with tearing of the vaginal walls during intercourse so I was switch to Ortho-cyclen, and the problem persisted. Finally I was switched to Sronyx which solved the problem and the moodiness. I was on it for three years until I was switched to Lessina because my pharmacy didn't carry it. Within the two and a half months I've been on it, I have gained about 5 pounds, have the worst acne I've ever experienced, and cry over NOTHING. Desperately trying to find a pharmacy that carries Sronyx."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 10, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This birth control has gotten bad reviews and it scared me when my doctor perscribed me to it. I've been taking it for a month. I'm moody but I haven't spotted or gained weight. I'm pretty sure my sex drive has increased. I haven't really gotten any side effects. I hope it stays that way."

Anonymous February 29, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I had to switch to a new contraceptive after being on Depo for 5 yrs. Since I was used to having no periods on the Depo my doctor okayed me to take only active pills and never take the placebos. After 4 months, I started getting breakthrough bleeding on and off for the next 6 weeks. It did it's job, since I am baby-free, but I couldn't keep taking it from all the random bleeding for almost 6 weeks. While on it, I had headaches for the first few weeks, but they subsided. I was definitely more emotional while on it the first couple months, but that leveled out mostly. I still would cry easier, though. The good thing is that I did seem to have a little bit higher sex drive. "

Anonymous January 31, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have previously tried Yaz which I quit after becoming emotional. My doctor switched me to another brand (which worked fine-no emotional drawbacks) but had to switch me due to my student care card. Then I was switched to Lessina. I had never been so emotional and depressed in my entire life. Additionally my skin became unmanageable, I started having massive headaches, I couldn't focus because of exhaustion (I slept 15 hours two days in a row and previously had a normal sleeping pattern) and I was so weak that getting out of bed became a task. I am now on a different birth control pill and am experiencing none of these symptoms."

Anonymous October 18, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have gained weight and my depression has gotten worse. I had the Mirena before so there is no comparison."

rosspaige2007 September 8, 2011