User Reviews for Lessina

Learn more about Lessina.

Birth Control 11 reviews 292 medications

5.9
Ovarian Cysts 1 reviews 55 medications

Summary of Lessina reviews 12 reviews 3.5

Reviews for Lessina

For Birth Control "I haven't taken any other birth control pills prior to lessina but while on it my extremely heavy, 6 day long period has subdued to a light non-painful, 2/3 day period which to me in itself is amazing. I've been on Lessina for about 7 months and the only side effects I can notice are that my breast are always sensitive and about 5-10 pound weight gain. No moody-ness or random crying. I've always had headaches so I don't think I could tie that in with the BC pills."

ARW November 1, 2016

For Birth Control "I was advised to take this bcz it is the least hormonal birth control that works. I was horribly emotional with all the prior birth control pills, this one had no bad side effects & periods were much lightr. Of course I did gain the normal 5-10 lbs. (But thats always the case w/ birth control pills since they make your body think that you're pregnant). I truly believe that the bad reviews r ppl that had chronic issues w/ emotions or sinuses, etc & just kinda placed blame or really made themselves Believe that symptoms got worse when taking a new med. I stopped taking it in Feb. as my spouse and I are wanting a child. It is now nearing November (9 months) & I have not had a single spot or period since I stopped taking birth control. "

Stephynichole October 21, 2016

For Birth Control "This is my fourth month on this medication and my 7th period. I was originally asking about birth control methods that would keep me from having my period every month and was told by my doctor that I could continue onto a second pack, skipping the week of fake pills and that should prevent my period. After that didn't work the first time I decided to just take it normally, but that's when my period started happening every other week. I have been abnormally emotional, but until I read the other reviews on this site I never thought to blame this medication. I'm normally a very subdued person who deals with my problems internally, these last few months I've been incredibly emotional and sensitive, crying a lot. I have had some extra acne too."

jeanniesja October 11, 2016

For Birth Control "I had never taken any other oral contraceptive prior to Lessina. I believe the decision to order this low-dose option for me was based on my relatively small size, 103 pounds. I took it for 4 months. During that time I had the worst acne of my life and was nauseated every day, and I had migraine headaches with vomiting at work which ceased when I quit taking the pill. My PMS symptoms were also worse. The price has been volatile. In March, 2016, I paid $8.82 (which seemed like a great deal) to get a 28-day pack from Walmart for home delivery. In July, 2016, the same pack from Walmart for home delivery cost $21.92. My health insurance is provided by a Catholic employer, so these are uncovered expenses."

SJChemist (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 26, 2016

For Ovarian Cysts "I'm on this medicine to help with a current ovarian cyst but the side affects are pushing me to surgery if living like this is my option. It makes me feel depressed and ready to cry at the drop of a hat, angry, mean, antisocial and it has absolutely killed my sex drive. I'm on my fourth and last dose because I'm not feeling like this anymore!"

Genevieve t. September 7, 2015

For Birth Control "It is very good no side effects. I've been on Depo and Mirena both of which I do not recommend but Lessina no acne, nothing. You might get moody and as long you work out you won't gain or take the pills early mornings."

Fefe232326 February 3, 2015

For Birth Control "I give it an 8 because I loved this pill for 8 years. Just recently I started having problems with it. Now my sex drive decreased, chronic sinus infections....which I now link to this pill because over the last 7 months I have tried others and my sinuses have been great...now back on lessina and yet another sinus infection and clogged up nasal passages, rash on chest and bad melasma now. I think my body has changed over the years and it doesn't tolerate this one anymore. I did love it for years though."

JSIM (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 24, 2014

For Birth Control "I've had problems with birth controls since I have started taking them. I was started on Ortho Tri-cyclen and was extremely moody and had issues with tearing of the vaginal walls during intercourse so I was switch to Ortho-cyclen, and the problem persisted. Finally I was switched to Sronyx which solved the problem and the moodiness. I was on it for three years until I was switched to Lessina because my pharmacy didn't carry it. Within the two and a half months I've been on it, I have gained about 5 pounds, have the worst acne I've ever experienced, and cry over NOTHING. Desperately trying to find a pharmacy that carries Sronyx."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 10, 2012

For Birth Control "This birth control has gotten bad reviews and it scared me when my doctor perscribed me to it. I've been taking it for a month. I'm moody but I haven't spotted or gained weight. I'm pretty sure my sex drive has increased. I haven't really gotten any side effects. I hope it stays that way."

Anonymous February 29, 2012

For Birth Control "I had to switch to a new contraceptive after being on Depo for 5 yrs. Since I was used to having no periods on the Depo my doctor okayed me to take only active pills and never take the placebos. After 4 months, I started getting breakthrough bleeding on and off for the next 6 weeks. It did it's job, since I am baby-free, but I couldn't keep taking it from all the random bleeding for almost 6 weeks. While on it, I had headaches for the first few weeks, but they subsided. I was definitely more emotional while on it the first couple months, but that leveled out mostly. I still would cry easier, though. The good thing is that I did seem to have a little bit higher sex drive. "

Anonymous January 31, 2012

For Birth Control "I have previously tried Yaz which I quit after becoming emotional. My doctor switched me to another brand (which worked fine-no emotional drawbacks) but had to switch me due to my student care card. Then I was switched to Lessina. I had never been so emotional and depressed in my entire life. Additionally my skin became unmanageable, I started having massive headaches, I couldn't focus because of exhaustion (I slept 15 hours two days in a row and previously had a normal sleeping pattern) and I was so weak that getting out of bed became a task. I am now on a different birth control pill and am experiencing none of these symptoms."

Anonymous October 18, 2011

For Birth Control "I have gained weight and my depression has gotten worse. I had the Mirena before so there is no comparison."

rosspaige2007 September 8, 2011