User Reviews for Lessina

1 review 102 medications
Abnormal Uterine BleedingNot rated - Be the first1 review 105 medications
Summary of Lessina reviews 4.8 34 reviews

Reviews for Lessina

For Birth Control "I started taking it due to heavy periods and HORRIBLE cramps. I’ve been currently taking it for 3 months. The only side effect I’ve gotten is bad nausea on the plus side my periods are now regular and I get NO cramps at all"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 9, 2018

For Birth Control "I was recently switched to Lessina due to my other brand giving my constant anxiety and sadness. The first week of taking Lessina I felt so great and hopeful that it wouldn’t bring the side effects in which I read in the reviews. Once the second week came along it was rock bottom. I took one pack in total because I was trying to give it a chance but I had to the back to my doctor to get it changed. It was the worse panic attacks and depression I have ever felt even comparing my last birth control to it. I would cry so much that I would have to throw up, I couldn’t breath or control my panic attacks at all. I’m giving it 3 stars because It actually helped clear up my skin and I didn’t gain weight like many have said, so that was a positive. I highly do NOT recommend this birth control if you have any bad history of mood swings with other birth controls."

Jamie July 8, 2018

For Birth Control "I have taken Lessina for only 2 months. I was so scared of trying it because of all the negative comments on it, but for me I have no side effects whatsoever! I get emotional when I'm going through PMS but that's 100% normal for me. I take mine before I go to bed (I work overnights) so at 9am so if I do get nauseous, I don't feel it at all. I haven't gained weight, normal PMS acne, no crazy mood swings. It feels like I'm not taking anything at all! I give it a 9 because I'm not sure how effective it is yet lol. But I'll find out soon lol."

Nesa (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 1, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been taking Lessina for about 4 months now. I used to take seasonique for whatever reason they prescribed me awful birth control insead. I'm so moody and literally hate the world and myself. I cry all the time honestly have the worst mood swings I've ever experienced. I stay so depressed that all I do is want to lay in bed and cry or sleep. I've gained 20lbs from this and got some acne. I constantly have the worst crushing migraines I've ever had in my life. Just all around worst experience. It work s for preventing pregnancy but it's not worth the emotional state it leaves you in."

Elliemay June 30, 2018

For Birth Control "I took this pill for two weeks. On the 14th day I was ready to seriously harm myself. I had a complete emotional breakdown. I went to the ER and was prescribed anxiety pills and told to immediately discontinue this pill. I seen the reviews and got worried but I have never had a problem on any other pill. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PILL TO ANYONE!!! IT SHOULDN'T BE AN OPTION FOR ANYONE OTHER THAN THOSE ALREADY TAKING IT!"

MrsWhims (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2018

For Birth Control "I started Lessina about 2 months ago. I really like it. It has stopped my period altogether. My acne has gone away completely. I’m very happy with it."

Melissa (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on this pill for about a year. When I first started I had irregular spotting for about a month and then my period began to come regularly. After about 4 months my moods swings have been on 100. During that time of the month I do get cystic acne in the chin area. On the bright side I am not pregnant, which is a plus! One down side is that the pharmacy I use was out of stock for a couple of days, which could have gotten me pregnant but I’m glad I was able to hold out until I have taken the pill for a week straight."

Bri (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 9, 2018

For Birth Control "Based on my experience with this pill so far (3 months) I would not recommend it. I get very nauseous after taking and have had a low mood (tired and depressed). I also get indigestion now which I never had prior to taking."

Ash (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 7, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been taking this birth control for almost a year. When I first started on it, I would have random bleeding that seemed to last three weeks. When my bleeding finally regulated, I started feeling super bloated, so much so that I took a pregnancy test and guess what it turns out I’m pregnant. Not far along enough to cause bloating, but I know I didn’t miss a pill. Surprise!"

Kjo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 28, 2018

For Ovarian Cysts "I began taking this pill after my insurance company sent this medication to my pharmacy instead of my Luthera. When I first started this pill pack I didn't notice anything yet, but at the end of the second week I missed a pill and then had break through bleeding for three weeks straight. I also began noticing severe mood swings and mood changes, breast swelling and tenderness, and pretty consistent bloating. I thought I would give it one more to see if my body just needed to adjust, but all the symptoms remained throughout the next month, aside from spotting a little less frequently, but the mood swings got 10x worse at the end of the month when I was on the inactive pill and my everyday anxiety increased substantially as well. I couldn't handle the side effects from this and simply had to have my pharmacy order me the Luthera."

M April 10, 2018

For Birth Control "Switched ob/gyns this past fall and she recommended Lessina since I’m now over 40 and didn’t need as many hormones (in the Dr’s opinion). I’ve always had an effective skin care regimen so I was totally freaked out when I developed ridiculous acne within 1-2 months of switching. I’ve also gained at least 10 or more pounds since I began the pill. I also read how some users felt sadness/depression and I’m wondering if a few blue episodes I’ve had may have been brought on by the pill. Hmm. On the up side, I did notice the increase in sex drive and the periods seemed to be short and smooth (no PMS, no cramps). Finally called the doc last week to complain so I’ve swallowed my last one. Really wish I’d had the sense to Google this pill sooner. Never again. I’ll be researching my new script too as soon as I get it. I’ve been off and on the pill since my teens and never once had this many textbook side effects. Geez."

3M (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 9, 2018

For Birth Control "Was on this birth control for four months. I am a pretty optimistic look on the bright side happy girl, but this stuff completely changed that. I became very moody, very grey. Very depressed for no reason. It worked but the side effects were not worth it. It made my head feel very cloudy and made me feel like I was stuck in my head. I ran out of my fourth month and didn’t have a chance to go get a refill right away, which turned into a huge blessing. My head started to become clear and I began to feel like myself again. Needless to say I will be looking for a new bc."

Anonymous April 5, 2018

For Birth Control "When I first started this pill on the first month, after a few weeks I broke out like crazy. I am on the second month now and it has gotten a lot better. I haven't broken out yet this month, but I just have some left over scarring. I haven't had any weight gain and have no effects of mood, but I do have breast tenderness. I had an increase in sex drive my first month but now it seems to have balanced out. The only thing is if I accidentally miss a day and double up the dose the next day I will feel extremely nauseous. I was previously on Trinessa lo and I prefer Lessina over Trinessa."

a (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 26, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I was on seasonique for 3 years and had no problems until 1 day my birth control decided not to work for me anymore. I bled non stop for 7 weeks and was in so much pain. I was scared to try a new BC but Lessina changed everything. I was sick the first week on it but after that I was great . I was told to skip sugar pill because of underlying issues and so far I just spot every 3 months for a week. I’ve been on this BC for 6 months now and so far I’m happy I switched."

CScho January 25, 2018

For Birth Control "My obgyn switched me to this from Sronyx, due to horrible mood swings, constant headaches and 10 day long periods. I like this pill but I don't and gave it more than 3 months. I have been having some breakthrough bleeding at any week on the active pills that lasts 1-2 days. I have had terrible stomach aches and food repulsions. With these symptoms being bothersome, might have to switch again. Need a different pill that's not so harsh on my stomach. I do like that it shortened my periods, aside from the breakthrough bleeding, and no weight gain."

Linzee83 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 26, 2017

For Endometriosis "I've been taking lessina for less than 2 months now (for my Pelvic floor myaliga )and I've had a horrible experience so far. The end of the first pack (around the 2 white pill) I started my period and the first 2 days were fine (other than the fact that I'm constantly in pain) but the 3rd day I was terrible I went through 6 pads with a bunch of clots mind you I've never had clots with a period before. So I had to go to the ER. Which they had to give me IV fluids and pain medication because the pain I had was so much worse than just the usually periods I get. They told me it was from the BC. And I should be switched right away. I also suffer from depression as it is and I've just haven't been able to pick myself up. I've been on so many BCs and nothing helps."

80514 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 24, 2017

For Birth Control "This was the first pill I was put on after getting off the shot. It helped regulate my periods. Its also helped a lot with acne, gave me lighter periods and little to no cramps at all. I ended up switching off for one month and regret it. I love this birth control. I had issues with horrible cramps that were making me throw up, and now those cramps have gone down to an uncomfortable feeling and nothing too painful at all."

ThatOneKit (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 15, 2017

For Birth Control "Literally the worst birth control ever. I was on orsythia & my pharmacy said this was the "generic" version. My period was ALWAYS regular & my period came two weeks earlier this month. It also makes me break out & gained about 5 pounds. I have become very emotional & depressed & I was never like that now. I cry for everything. DO NOT RECOMMEND"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 3, 2017

For Birth Control "This is my first time being on birth control and I've started my second pack a few days ago. So far I have no large complaints. My weight has stayed the same or maybe lost a pound or two. I do feel more stressed, have tender breasts, and less energy but nothing too extreme. No spotting but a regular period. I did start my period 2 days earlier than I was to reach the white pills. Will keep posted if anything changes."

CFH226 August 23, 2017

For Ovarian Cysts "Have been on Lessina for 3 months (no placebo week) to prevent recurrent ovarian cysts. My 6 cm cyst has shrunk to below 3cm. I feel great, fewer mood swings and no weight gain or other symptoms. I am 44, and my doctor doesn't want me to take it for very long, but I feel it has been helping."

Raven96 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 7, 2017

For Birth Control "This was my first birth control I've ever had. My skin was clear but once I started taking this I had the worst acne. I was bloated, went from a size 3 to 7 within a week. I was nauseous, my breast were tender and swollen. My appetite increased. The only good thing about it was it increased my sex drive. I switched to Ortho Tricylen Lo and I actually liked it but the only thing is it decreased my sex drive. Now I'm on Aubra since Planned Parenthood doesn't have it anymore, so far no side effects."

Syrian (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 4, 2017

For Birth Control "I really like this birth control. I was originally on a different brand of the pill and it made me bloated and I alway felt slugish. I switched to the nuva ring which was not ideal for intercourse so back to my OB I went. I love Lessina no weight gain, no bloating, and minimal cramping during period. I did have side affect of acne but I changed my face wash and it cleared right up. I also swear it increases your sex drive but it could just be me."

jbag (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 19, 2016

For Birth Control "I haven't taken any other birth control pills prior to lessina but while on it my extremely heavy, 6 day long period has subdued to a light non-painful, 2/3 day period which to me in itself is amazing. I've been on Lessina for about 7 months and the only side effects I can notice are that my breast are always sensitive and about 5-10 pound weight gain. No moody-ness or random crying. I've always had headaches so I don't think I could tie that in with the BC pills."

ARW November 1, 2016

For Birth Control "I was advised to take this bcz it is the least hormonal birth control that works. I was horribly emotional with all the prior birth control pills, this one had no bad side effects & periods were much lightr. Of course I did gain the normal 5-10 lbs. (But thats always the case w/ birth control pills since they make your body think that you're pregnant). I truly believe that the bad reviews r ppl that had chronic issues w/ emotions or sinuses, etc & just kinda placed blame or really made themselves Believe that symptoms got worse when taking a new med. I stopped taking it in Feb. as my spouse and I are wanting a child. It is now nearing November (9 months) & I have not had a single spot or period since I stopped taking birth control. "

Stephynichole October 21, 2016

For Birth Control "This is my fourth month on this medication and my 7th period. I was originally asking about birth control methods that would keep me from having my period every month and was told by my doctor that I could continue onto a second pack, skipping the week of fake pills and that should prevent my period. After that didn't work the first time I decided to just take it normally, but that's when my period started happening every other week. I have been abnormally emotional, but until I read the other reviews on this site I never thought to blame this medication. I'm normally a very subdued person who deals with my problems internally, these last few months I've been incredibly emotional and sensitive, crying a lot. I have had some extra acne too."

jeanniesja October 11, 2016